Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Calicocats said:

Seeing Khalyn like this makes me question their makeover staff even more!  Her hair on the show is just bringing her down.  Since Sasha was my all time favorite, I'm a huge fan of natural hair and think more girls should be out there rocking it.   Her makeup here looks different as well.  They need to get it together over at the salon lol

I also suspect Kelli/Judy is behind the fugly barbie-pink lipstick I've seen so many of the girls sport...Tasha and Miranda are the worst offenders, but it seems like almost all of them wear it at some point. And of course, centre-parts have been discussed thoroughly...

I'm also not a fan of the big rolling Victoria Secret/Beyonce style waves. Sometimes they can look natural and "just out of bed" sexy, but usually they look like someone flat-ironed their hair and then put speed bumps in it. 

• Love 1

I thought the same as you until I saw the guy standing immediately behind her and his Superman/Clark Kent getup then I thought Halloween.  Why Chelsea thought a Hooters waitress would be a good Halloween costume I don't know, but then I didn't get her as a DCC either.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She looks very plastic in that picture...she used to have a very natural look before, weird to see her so tarted up like that.    Vivian seemed to be doing the same type of stuff in many of the online pics she posted.

Of course, maybe it’s just one pic and she still looks normal...

I like your positive attitude, but unfortunately no...

15 hours ago, California Girl said:

I never thought of that but, yes, former DCC Chelsea Chaney would have absolutely been better off in some "real" reality tv shows like MTV's (when she was younger) Real World, Road Rules (back in the day), Floribama Shore, or The Challenge.   It is not too late for Chelsea though, she can still audition successfully for something like ABC's The Bachelor (I can totally see former DCC Erica Wilkins on this show!), or Bravo's Real Housewives of DallasMost Eligible Dallas (perfect for Chelsea if they ever brought it back), or Southern Charm: Dallas (if they create that as the next franchise installment).

I will say, I happened across a tweet of hers once that said something like, "Producers, forget Real Housewives of Dallas - Aspiring Housewives of Dallas would have much more spice.  Trust me."  I laughed until I was ashamed of myself and have followed her ever since ?  She may have been too immature for the team (I cringe on her behalf every time I watch MTT and see those scenes - and I thought that blog post she made was appalling), but I'm glad she had her year and I wish it could have turned out differently for her.  I'm hoping she's grown from it - I think she's hilarious and I love her snark.

• Love 1

I don't think Chelsea is old enough to need any surgery.  Could just be photoshop or one of those funky filter thingies.  She was such a cutie.  Those are some really big implants too.  Plus, she has put on a couple of pounds.  Not saying that is bad; but she looks just "regular person" normal now.

Yeah I'm not the hugest fan of Chelsea...I recognise that she's probably witty but she just comes off as desperate and disingenuous. I thought maybe she had grown up a but from her DCC days but then I checked her insta. lol. that's all I have to say. 

Speaking of insta! I have a backlog to get through!

1. Raylee uploaded her new hair onto her insta story. It's beautiful! Tangarine salons take note haha. Same thing with Holly P - their hair becomes so much more flattering away from DCC. 

2. Some slight shade was thrown in Jen K's insta. She uploaded a thanksgiving pic with Danielle and D was not a fan 

Check the exchange between Dani and Jen. It just reminded me of what went down when Jen K was announced as PBC and Danielle and Jasmine had a shady twitter exchange that was clearly (imo) aimed at her. 

Now Jen K and Dani are both trying to be choreographers? I personally don't think there's any love lost there haha.

IMG_1153.PNG

23 minutes ago, autumdusk said:

2. Some slight shade was thrown in Jen K's insta. She uploaded a thanksgiving pic with Danielle and D was not a fan 

Check the exchange between Dani and Jen. It just reminded me of what went down when Jen K was announced as PBC and Danielle and Jasmine had a shady twitter exchange that was clearly (imo) aimed at her. 

Now Jen K and Dani are both trying to be choreographers? I personally don't think there's any love lost there haha.

I'm sorry, but I think this is a real reach. It looks like good-natured ribbing. Friends always complain about friends posting less than flattering photos of them.

Also, Danielle is overreacting. She looks perfectly fine there.

• Love 4

Sorry Dani nobody is looking at you or JennK when Holly H is in the pic. 

That's some shade. Danielle and Jasmine were NOT happy when JennK got everything that year. A lot of the girls thought she was a huge suck up. 

But seriously, she did her job, they knew her since JR DCC days, danced better than both and never had that thick midsection like Danielle. Haters just jealous in this case.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, autumdusk said:

What did Danielle and Jasmine say after Jenn was picked for PBC??

7 hours ago, cgloss said:

I'm sorry, but I think this is a real reach.

I did say "slight shade"...

On it's own, it's certainly not very much. But in the context of everything and last year's PBC pic, I'm certainly under no illusions that they're actually BFFs. Notice how they never really hang out outside DCC (and even in DCC they're rarely in the same friend group). 

5 hours ago, Tootie said:

What did Danielle and Jasmine say after Jenn was picked for PBC??

Have a read of this page :) If you scroll down a little you'll see Danielle's twitter message and Jasmine's retweet.

• Love 1

Thanks for the link, that was interesting reading. It's funny to see how opinions can change after a year. But my favorite post on the page was this one from Razzleberry Pie

Unless Holly majorly screws up next year, she'll get everything. I'd rather Erica be showcased more due to seniority, but it will be Holly.

wouldnt shock me if Jenna does retire now. 

I lol'ed.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, cgloss said:

I'm sorry, but I think this is a real reach. It looks like good-natured ribbing. Friends always complain about friends posting less than flattering photos of them.

Also, Danielle is overreacting. She looks perfectly fine there.

I think it's a reach too. However, I don't think she's overreacting. People tend to not like the photos of themselves that other people like the most. I personally like it; I guess this is one of those cases where she's just critical - for whatever reason - of her own photo as many tend to be.

55 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think it's a reach too. However, I don't think she's overreacting. People tend to not like the photos of themselves that other people like the most. I personally like it; I guess this is one of those cases where she's just critical - for whatever reason - of her own photo as many tend to be.

If Danielle did have an issue ... she should remember she was not actually chosen to come back her second year .... besides her foot injury ... she looked fluffy and that did not happen overnight ... as I recall Jenn came back every year stronger so ... because you make the cover of the magazine does not mean you get PBC or because of seniority.  I have always liked Danielle and felt bad when Kitty seemed to attack her ... I would like to think she is better than that :-)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, autumdusk said:

I did say "slight shade"...

On it's own, it's certainly not very much. But in the context of everything and last year's PBC pic, I'm certainly under no illusions that they're actually BFFs. Notice how they never really hang out outside DCC (and even in DCC they're rarely in the same friend group). 

Have a read of this page :) If you scroll down a little you'll see Danielle's twitter message and Jasmine's retweet.

I don't get the whole emoji thing. What was she trying to say?

I noticed Jenna's "official" retirement announcement on that page. :0

I am sure any negative feelings Danielle had about PB are mostly if not completely in the past. There's a big difference between immediately after being disappointed and a year after.

38 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I noticed Jenna's "official" retirement announcement on that page. :0

I too do not get the emoji thing. /old

• Love 1

I always thought Jenn was type A personality and Teacher's pet I've sure she would have annoyed some of her Teammates. 

Danielle was always a Fave of mine , I would take her over Jenn any day !!!!! 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

41 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

I too do not get the emoji thing. /old

The emoji basically means "let me mind my business" ..alot of people use that in shady situations or in response to a comment/remark that's meant to slight someone. It's a way of expressing sarcasm. It's similar to when you see a meme or someone sipping tea. In this situation, if they are even related, it can be taken as a way of quietly suggesting she was not deserving of the honor. It's like if someone says, for example, "Oh. Kelly finally got that promotion huh? Good for her! She worked hard!" The frog/tea emoji would be used as a response to that by someone who knows that Kelly was low-key sleeping with her boss and not deserving of the promotion at all.

I hope that makes sense.

• Love 2

I admit I am not a total fan of Jennifer, but I do think a DCC should be chosen for Pro Bowl Girl over the others due to seniority. I do believe the girls get to vote on who is chosen, so it looks like they thought Jennifer would be the best pick. I am sure no one had a gun put to their head and were made to vote for her. Danielle is a lovely girl, but to me she is a blender and not a stand out like Jennifer is. In fact, we may have girls who are not happy Danielle is a Kelli and Charlotte  favorite who was not cut because she gained weight her second and third year, plus she was called into the office her second year for a second time the same night Chelsea was called in for being toxic. She was saved her second year for her injury because Kelli and Charlotte knew they would take a lot of heat if she was cut at finals after Cassie was brought back for her fifth and last year the year before with another knee injury and surgery.

Imo, I do not think Jasmine should have made the team. She was lucky she tried out the year Kelli went to 39 girls instead of 34. Ten new spots were open due to five more spots were open because of a larger team and the fact five one year vets were cut at finals. I never understood her appeal.

1 hour ago, Glamourdoll said:

OH the Kermit the frog drinking tea emoji? I am slow but I can catch catch up!

Thank you, LadyMsJay! Totally makes sense!

Doesn't make sense to me but I'll go with it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Doesn't make sense to me but I'll go with it.

I said emoji but I meant the Kermit the frog meme (sorry 'bout that)

Here's one, the top gets changed but some version of "that's none of business" is always on the bottom.

Capture.JPG

Danielle and Jasmine both had to majorly scale back the NY party girl when they came to DCC. Not that either one was nasty wild, but just more visible on the party scene and less keeping sweet, yes ma'am in NYC. They had to turn down the snark and the partying a lot. No wonder they eye rolled at JennK or some of the girls who were already goody two shoes.

Girls do vote on Pro Bowl but admin gets the final say, and can decide who goes.

Nobody was ever ready to throw down in the parking lot lol but there's always going to be some animosity with highly competitive people.

• Love 4

Someone mentioned HollyH being in the photo.  HollyH is so lovely.  If someone asked me to describe a prototype DCC, I'd say Holly.  She represents everything a DCC should be.  Classy always, beautiful, perfect body, gorgeous hair, smart, good leader, great dancer.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Nobody was ever ready to throw down in the parking lot lol but there's always going to be some animosity with highly competitive people.

After this past season....never say never! (I'd tune in!)

• Love 1

Don't hate me but they need to brighten Maggie's hair and makeup. She always looks so washed out compared to everybody else. Like everybody else is made up and ready to go, then there's Maggie who forgot her blush and lipstick and didn't do her hair.

• Love 4
On 12/7/2017 at 11:42 PM, autumdusk said:

Yeah I'm not the hugest fan of Chelsea...I recognise that she's probably witty but she just comes off as desperate and disingenuous. I thought maybe she had grown up a but from her DCC days but then I checked her insta. lol. that's all I have to say. 

Speaking of insta! I have a backlog to get through!

1. Raylee uploaded her new hair onto her insta story. It's beautiful! Tangarine salons take note haha. Same thing with Holly P - their hair becomes so much more flattering away from DCC. 

IMG_1153.PNG

I love both of them,but Jenn was a dance instructor/choreographer before she became a dcc sooo only Dani is 'trying' from those two. I don't think it's a big thing though,most dccs are dance instructors.

1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Don't hate me but they need to brighten Maggie's hair and makeup. She always looks so washed out compared to everybody else. Like everybody else is made up and ready to go, then there's Maggie who forgot her blush and lipstick and didn't do her hair.

I've actually noticed that she wears too much make up,especially around her eyes. She probably needs a different shade of blonde though.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I love both of them,but Jenn was a dance instructor/choreographer before she became a dcc sooo only Dani is 'trying' from those two. I don't think it's a big thing though,most dccs are dance instructors.

I've actually noticed that she wears too much make up,especially around her eyes. She probably needs a different shade of blonde though.

Dani was a dance instructor, too. Both of them ain't no Michelle Keys lol but if i had to pick one as better dancer, instructor, choreographer, it would be JennK. She's bossy lol.

Totally right about maggie and too much dark eyeliner. Maybe that's it. Maybe she needs some lighter eyes and then some lipstick to balance it. Potato head pink (thanks again to whoever came up with that LOL) would even be better than now, and yes, her hair looks dingy dishwater gray highlight blond. They seem to love her so why not fix her up.

• Love 3
On 12/7/2017 at 3:42 PM, autumdusk said:

Yes, it's kind of embarrassing. Holly P looks SO much better IMO than she did with the shorter cut and the bright red that they had her wearing as a DCC. 

FWIW, I still don't understand the Raylee cut. She wasn't the greatest dancer, but she got the job done, is pretty, and very photogenic. Maybe they just miscalculated on how good the training camp class was when they decided to cut Allie, Raylee, and Heather and not take Kaitlin from LSU. I understood the Allie cut, but not the others. Of course, they certainly didn't expect to have to cut and/or sideline 3 of their best returning vets (arguably, their 3 best) and then lose 2 more girls during the season, but still. The decisions this year seemed more arbitrary than others. 

ETA: Anyone know if Kaitlin plans on trying out again? I would assume not given that there appears to be little more that she could do, but I'm curious. Also, I wonder about Lacey. I really liked her.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3

I like Holly's short hair cut when she was on the team, but the color was bad. It was nice to see a DCC without the same hair cut and style as the others. I do not understand why they kept Tasha, Stephanie, and Selina and cut Allie for weight especially when Kelli said Selina struggled with her weight her rookie year. Allie, Raylee and Heather, imo, were better performers than the other girls, but they were cut. Tasha seems fake and phony and reminds me of Gina. I also do not think Stephanie is all that as a DCC, and I see Selina as a blender. Slim pickings the last two years and cuts being made without rhyme or reason.

On 12/8/2017 at 0:58 AM, Glamourdoll said:

Thanks for the link, that was interesting reading. It's funny to see how opinions can change after a year. But my favorite post on the page was this one from Razzleberry Pie

I lol'ed.

Well she definitely majorly screwed up, didn’t she! Same for Erica.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yes, it's kind of embarrassing. Holly P looks SO much better IMO than she did with the shorter cut and the bright red that they had her wearing as a DCC. 

FWIW, I still don't understand the Raylee cut. She wasn't the greatest dancer, but she got the job done, is pretty, and very photogenic. Maybe they just miscalculated on how good the training camp class was when they decided to cut Allie, Raylee, and Heather and not take Kaitlin from LSU. I understood the Allie cut, but not the others. Of course, they certainly didn't expect to have to cut and/or sideline 3 of their best returning vets (arguably, their 3 best) and then lose 2 more girls during the season, but still. The decisions this year seemed more arbitrary than others. 

ETA: Anyone know if Kaitlin plans on trying out again? I would assume not given that there appears to be little more that she could do, but I'm curious. Also, I wonder about Lacey. I really liked her.

I get the Allie cut based on shape, but then they kept Jessika and Selina who both look really out of shape. Raylee and little Heather had banging bodies and danced better than these new rookies. 

36 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I like Holly's short hair cut when she was on the team, but the color was bad. It was nice to see a DCC without the same hair cut and style as the others. I do not understand why they kept Tasha, Stephanie, and Selina and cut Allie for weight especially when Kelli said Selina struggled with her weight her rookie year. Allie, Raylee and Heather, imo, were better performers than the other girls, but they were cut. Tasha seems fake and phony and reminds me of Gina. I also do not think Stephanie is all that as a DCC, and I see Selina as a blender. Slim pickings the last two years and cuts being made without rhyme or reason.

I understand keeping Tasha and Stephanie. Stephanie gets better every year and Tasha is just as good as the new rookies, except she’s prettier and very well spoken. Those two may not be the strongest DCC, but there still better than these rookies and some of the vets. 

I really hate to say it but I think needing more Latinas kept Selina. Why they have such a problem finding Latina dancers is Texas is beyond me.

The only unquestionable rookies to me area Kalyssa - even with her bad technique, Lauren, Miranda - with her one boob, and I can’t even remember the rest of them. Wait - I wouldn’t have picked Christina and Keyra over the cut vets, or Gina at all. I don’t mind Savannah and her buddy, but neither wow me. 

• Love 4

Tasha reminds me of a Barbie and seems to know what to say to keep Kelli and Charlotte happy. Plays the game in order to get by. She is like an older version of Gina to me. I think Stephanie is a blender, but she is better than some of the other vets. Keyra reminds me of Stephanie Heyman from Season 5. Is an okay dancer, looks thick in the middle and behind, but she still makes the team. I think Keyra is a one and done girl.

14 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I agree, her hair looks almost "grey" to me with those thin bands of washed out blonde highlights she's got going. She has such stunning eyes too, but I find her makeup in general is blah and barely there. So odd to say about someone who made the cover of the swimsuit calendar and has a totally rockin' bod to boot. 

On 12/7/2017 at 4:42 PM, California Girl said:

Keep the pictures of the USO tour coming.  This DCC group is doing an amazing job bringing cheer for the holidays.

DQaawt6VQAEHm64.jpg

DQd7yRQUQAAwzWM.jpg

DQdlAIrV4AACbgD.jpg

Thanks for all these great shots, @California Girl! I love when they visit hospitals and such, and these are just precious. Jinelle in particular looks so warm and approachable around kids. I've noticed there are lots of shots of her hugging little ones, etc, and I love how she is so comfortable getting down to their level and making them feel special. :) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Tasha reminds me of a Barbie and seems to know what to say to keep Kelli and Charlotte happy. Plays the game in order to get by. She is like an older version of Gina to me. I think Stephanie is a blender, but she is better than some of the other vets. Keyra reminds me of Stephanie Heyman from Season 5. Is an okay dancer, looks thick in the middle and behind, but she still makes the team. I think Keyra is a one and done girl.

OK I have met Tasha and have not met Gina but know several who have. The difference in Tasha and Gina are that Tasha is gorgeous and definitely knows what to do and say for her job, but she seriously is not 'fake' as in mean or bitchy but trying to act nice. 

Tasha has her brand but she really does earn a living from print modeling, endorsements and selling makeup.  She hustles and yes her husband makes decent money, but she can take care of herself and her kid. Haters try to draw her into drama, but she really is drama free and keeps her nose clean. Not saying @bigskygirl or anybody are jealous haters, because Tasha does look very Barbie artificial, and nobody has to like her dance, but Tasha does not have a mean bone in her body. Gina on the other hand....well you can see from the show, which is just a small snippet of their lives, what she's like in real life.

Tasha just put the E in EXTRA. But that is genuinely her with the hair, makeup, even her house and kid always look ready for Toddlers and Tiaras. Tasha doesn't brag or put down anybody. Tasha does Tasha, but doesn't worry about anybody else. She's not trying to out do anybody or be better than anybody. Her whole family is just flashy, but would give you the shirts off their backs. 

She is really good especially with fans, kids, etc to get them engaged and make them feel like part of the Cowboys family. She doesn't look down on anyone or act like OMG these FANS are so tiresome and just need to worship us. You send her and Jinelle out to a classroom and they'll have everybody coming to the family reunion next year.

Maybe it comes from being older and a mom, but Tasha is mature and Gina is petty as f***. Competitive, braggy, snotty, conceited, and she wins technical competitions but she's not as good as she thinks she is. Plus that face. Tasha avoids drama but Gina doesn't care one bit to create it.

I completely believe whoever on here said they heard Gina and somebody ragging on other girls in line at a restaurant. Even Holly didn't do that in public. Yes to her mom, but who doesn't whine to their mom sometimes when frustrated.

Tasha is on the weaker end of the DCC spectrum dance wise, but I'd take 100 Tasha's over 1 Gina any day. 

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

OK I have met Tasha and have not met Gina but know several who have. The difference in Tasha and Gina are that Tasha is gorgeous and definitely knows what to do and say for her job, but she seriously is not 'fake' as in mean or bitchy but trying to act nice. 

Tasha has her brand but she really does earn a living from print modeling, endorsements and selling makeup.  She hustles and yes her husband makes decent money, but she can take care of herself and her kid. Haters try to draw her into drama, but she really is drama free and keeps her nose clean. Not saying @bigskygirl or anybody are jealous haters, because Tasha does look very Barbie artificial, and nobody has to like her dance, but Tasha does not have a mean bone in her body. Gina on the other hand....well you can see from the show, which is just a small snippet of their lives, what she's like in real life.

Tasha just put the E in EXTRA. But that is genuinely her with the hair, makeup, even her house and kid always look ready for Toddlers and Tiaras. Tasha doesn't brag or put down anybody. Tasha does Tasha, but doesn't worry about anybody else. She's not trying to out do anybody or be better than anybody. Her whole family is just flashy, but would give you the shirts off their backs. 

She is really good especially with fans, kids, etc to get them engaged and make them feel like part of the Cowboys family. She doesn't look down on anyone or act like OMG these FANS are so tiresome and just need to worship us. You send her and Jinelle out to a classroom and they'll have everybody coming to the family reunion next year.

Maybe it comes from being older and a mom, but Tasha is mature and Gina is petty as f***. Competitive, braggy, snotty, conceited, and she wins technical competitions but she's not as good as she thinks she is. Plus that face. Tasha avoids drama but Gina doesn't care one bit to create it.

I completely believe whoever on here said they heard Gina and somebody ragging on other girls in line at a restaurant. Even Holly didn't do that in public. Yes to her mom, but who doesn't whine to their mom sometimes when frustrated.

Tasha is on the weaker end of the DCC spectrum dance wise, but I'd take 100 Tasha's over 1 Gina any day. 

This is what I like to see more on the show. Show the girls out in public and not lets see if they can get along with the veterans, kids, or some contest winner. I understand it is important to be a good ambassador for the organization, but please do not show scenes in order to prove the girls are not just another pretty face. Show the complete package. Do not just focus on the dancing side. Dancing is all fine and dandy, but showing their human side is just as important. In my mind, the girls are human beings first and DCCs second. In the case of Gina, I think she wants to be a DCC for the wrong reasons. I cannot imagine her at an event and trying to be so nice and pleasant with people while pretending she is actually interested in them.

Edited by bigskygirl

Tasha kinda reminds me of a better dancing (much better) version of Ashley Paige from a few years ago. A bit scripted and can seem fake, but I get it. Both girls have been in the game for a while, no how to play it and how to stay out of trouble. I’ve always liked Tasha, and I liked Ashley Paige although I didn’t have an issue with her cut due to her dance style. With that said, I get why others don’t like them.

• Love 2

I could not stand Tasha at first and thought she couldn’t be faker if she tried, but she sort of grew on me. I’ve heard she’s actually pretty funny and definitely doesn’t take herself seriously. She definitely can joke on her Lipsense live chats. Her weight struggles humanized her some, too. Then they had that video with her talking about her grandpa with Alzheimer’s, and now I just want to hug her. 

Gina - eh, I don’t like her face, or maybe her expression on her face. Something rubs me the wrong way with her humble brags. 

• Love 6

At least Tasha admitted she put on some weight and worked hard at trying to slim back up again. I thought she look good with extra weight, but this is the DCC world we are talking about. I will now start to look at Tasha with a different light. There will be girls I do not care for at all, girls I like right away, or girls I did not care for at first, but now I do like. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease. It breaks my heart to see someone struggling with it on a daily basis, and it is so hard on the family, friends, and caregivers.

4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Tasha kinda reminds me of a better dancing (much better) version of Ashley Paige from a few years ago. 

I always thought Ashley paige was unsuccessful version of Jenn K.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mmm said:

I always thought Ashley paige was unsuccessful version of Jenn K.

I agree with that comparison as well. It was always rather laughable to me that Kelli disdained Ashley Paige for being scripted while she loved Jenn K. For me though, that goes back to one of Kelli’s apparent habits that generally drives me crazy in people: the inability to admit that you just don’t like someone or that there’s just a personality clash. It’s not always due to a character flaw in the other person. It’s ok that everyone doesn’t get along, and sometimes we like people who are in reality, very similar to people who we dislike for a variety of reasons. It happens, and we all have our biases. Ppl who can’t grasp that annoy me, and Kelli strikes  me as that type of person.

• Love 1