Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

What I will never understand is how anyone can judge Tasha's (or anyone else's) level of nicest, sincerity, etc from the show and/or social media. 

For example, Tasha's had less than 5 minutes of talking time in 2 seasons (it's probably closer to 2 minutes). And those 5 minutes have been edited to death, and sometimes shot more than once. There are those who really excel at this type of speaking - Kashara, Brooke S., Natalie Woods, etc. Others seem stiff.  So what.

P.S. I can't believe I said something nice about Kashara. #ChristmasMiracle

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jinelle sounds superscripted to me. Gushing about everything always being her DREAM.

Honestly, though, I think that is just Jinelle. It IS a dream for her, in a way that probably most other people (including me) don't understand. She mentioned that "DCC is my life" in the podcast with Kashara, and it would have to be for someone to move to the other side of the world just to cheer for some football team. She seems really close with her old cheerleader friends on her home team, and mentioned they still talk every day, so it must have been difficult to leave and I doubt she did it lightly.

She looked like she was about to cry when she talked about auditioning and how much it meant to her to be here. She mentioned getting a hotel room right by the Star when she first came to the US, and asking for a suite facing it so that she could look out the window and see it, etc. She doesn't have a boyfriend (or didn't at the time of the podcast), doesn't seem to work a full-time job, etc. 

I think the reason she sounds so scripted is because it's hard for us to imagine how someone could be so utterly devoted to a part-time, poorly-paid dance gig. But when she talks about what an HONOUR it is, and how she is living her DREAM, I have to say, I totally believe her. Probably more so than when anyone else on the team says it. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I agree with that comparison as well. It was always rather laughable to me that Kelli disdained Ashley Paige for being scripted while she loved Jenn K. For me though, that goes back to one of Kelli’s apparent habits that generally drives me crazy in people: the inability to admit that you just don’t like someone or that there’s just a personality clash. It’s not always due to a character flaw in the other person. It’s ok that everyone doesn’t get along, and sometimes we like people who are in reality, very similar to people who we dislike for a variety of reasons. It happens, and we all have our biases. Ppl who can’t grasp that annoy me, and Kelli strikes  me as that type of person.

100%

18 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Dani was a dance instructor, too. Both of them ain't no Michelle Keys lol but if i had to pick one as better dancer, instructor, choreographer, it would be JennK. She's bossy lol.

Totally right about maggie and too much dark eyeliner. Maybe that's it. Maybe she needs some lighter eyes and then some lipstick to balance it. Potato head pink (thanks again to whoever came up with that LOL) would even be better than now, and yes, her hair looks dingy dishwater gray highlight blond. They seem to love her so why not fix her up.

She's one of the prettiest girls on the team and she is totally the kind of person whose kidness shows on her face. The fact that we're even having this conversation shows how terrible their makeovers are.

17 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yes, it's kind of embarrassing. Holly P looks SO much better IMO than she did with the shorter cut and the bright red that they had her wearing as a DCC. 

FWIW, I still don't understand the Raylee cut. She wasn't the greatest dancer, but she got the job done, is pretty, and very photogenic. Maybe they just miscalculated on how good the training camp class was when they decided to cut Allie, Raylee, and Heather and not take Kaitlin from LSU. I understood the Allie cut, but not the others. Of course, they certainly didn't expect to have to cut and/or sideline 3 of their best returning vets (arguably, their 3 best) and then lose 2 more girls during the season, but still. The decisions this year seemed more arbitrary than others. 

ETA: Anyone know if Kaitlin plans on trying out again? I would assume not given that there appears to be little more that she could do, but I'm curious. Also, I wonder about Lacey. I really liked her.

I'm still so bitter over Raylee's cut. She's killing it now so I really do hope they're regretting her cut everyday. I know I'm getting too emotionally invested,but it's so unfair that girls like Yuko and Savanah are forgiven for being bad dancers and messing up just because Keli likes them, while Raylee and so many other girls who are actually good but not standouts like Holly and Jenna get cut.

And I do hope both Kaitlin and Lacey make it next year.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

it's so unfair that girls like Yuko and Savanah are forgiven for being bad dancers and messing up just because Keli likes them, while Raylee and so many other girls who are actually good but not standouts like Holly and Jenna get cut.

If the show was any indication (meaning if it wasn't edited to death), I think the problem with Raylee was that Charlotte didn't seem to like her.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Acromantula said:

Honestly, though, I think that is just Jinelle. It IS a dream for her, in a way that probably most other people (including me) don't understand. She mentioned that "DCC is my life" in the podcast with Kashara, and it would have to be for someone to move to the other side of the world just to cheer for some football team. She seems really close with her old cheerleader friends on her home team, and mentioned they still talk every day, so it must have been difficult to leave and I doubt she did it lightly.

She looked like she was about to cry when she talked about auditioning and how much it meant to her to be here. She mentioned getting a hotel room right by the Star when she first came to the US, and asking for a suite facing it so that she could look out the window and see it, etc. She doesn't have a boyfriend (or didn't at the time of the podcast), doesn't seem to work a full-time job, etc. 

I think the reason she sounds so scripted is because it's hard for us to imagine how someone could be so utterly devoted to a part-time, poorly-paid dance gig. But when she talks about what an HONOUR it is, and how she is living her DREAM, I have to say, I totally believe her. Probably more so than when anyone else on the team says it. 

You may be right. I stand by saying I have seen Jinelle in action at camps and schools, more than one time, and she is very friendly and approachable. I don't think she has a mean bone or any selfish intent. Kids and parents love her. She is encouraging and patient, and will spend a little extra time with the shy, uncoordinated, never gonna be a DCC kids instead of just wanting to latch onto a cute Dance Moms types who make for good pics.

I still think she sounds very scripted, but from what I've seen Jinelle is really a nice person who just tries to do her thang and not compete with anybody. I like that she was so close to her Grandma, too.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, hypeman said:

What I will never understand is how anyone can judge Tasha's (or anyone else's) level of nicest, sincerity, etc from the show and/or social media. 

For example, Tasha's had less than 5 minutes of talking time in 2 seasons (it's probably closer to 2 minutes). And those 5 minutes have been edited to death, and sometimes shot more than once. There are those who really excel at this type of speaking - Kashara, Brooke S., Natalie Woods, etc. Others seem stiff.  So what.

P.S. I can't believe I said something nice about Kashara. #ChristmasMiracle

This is true, and I think this again comes down to us all having our biases and liking who we like and making our judgments from that, whether sound or not. At the end of the day though, most of us don’t really know any of these people. Even outside of the show and social media, I know from my own experiences that some ppl come off really well in public, but are terrors behind the scenes. Ex: my husband couldn’t believe the awful stories that I and others would tell about this one co-worker because at social events, this man was the most charming and sociable person in the room. Nice as can be to everyone, but that was a well-crafted facade. Of course, others give off bad vibes, but are actually really great people once you get to know them. So its always good to remember that when watching heavily edited shows, and in this case, I think we may see more heavy editing in this show than in others.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jinelle sounds superscripted to me. Gushing about everything always being her DREAM.

A lot of the girls sound superscripted. They say this has been my dream for years, I cannot believe I am trying out for the squad, I cannot believe I am in TC, I cannot believe I am trying on the uniform, I have not done the kick line before, etc. etc. She is not the only one guilty of it.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

If the show was any indication (meaning if it wasn't edited to death), I think the problem with Raylee was that Charlotte didn't seem to like her.

Yeah, it seemed to be driven by Charlotte, but I wonder if Charlotte would’ve been so vocal if Raylee was a known favorite of Kelli’s. I doubt she would have as those 2 often tend to be on the same or similar pages. Judy is often the lone voice of reason IMO

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Yuko could’ve done the Hokey Pokey for her solo and she’d still be there. I’m taking bets that she’ll be show group if she comes back for a third season.

Also predicting Tasha will retire. 

The only thing that could keep her off show group is that Judy and Kitty don’t be seem to be on the Yuko train and they’re judges. I could definitely see Kelli doing it though lol. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Tasha retire. I could also see a lot of the year 3 girls retire. Wouldn’t shock me if we see a big exodus of veterans this year.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I wonder if Charlotte would’ve been so vocal if Raylee was a known favorite of Kelli’s. I doubt she would have as those 2 often tend to be on the same or similar pages. Judy is often the lone voice of reason IMO

Good point.

Imo, Charlotte overrules Kelli when it comes to certain girls making it into TC or on the team. Season 5 I could tell Kelli and Judy did not want Meagan F. in TC, but Charlotte liked Meagan because she reminded her of Julia Roberts even with her bad dancing skills. Judy did not care for Yuko, but she was overruled by Kelli and Charlotte. The same thing with Courtney Cook in Season 5 and 6. Kelli and Charlotte were drooling in their pantyhose over her, but Judy did not care for her much. I think Charlotte was the one pushing for Kelsey to make the team last year over Kelli and Judy. Even if Kelli said Raylee should be on the team, and she deserves her spot back, Charlotte probably would have pushed for her to be cut. The only time a girl Charlotte did not like at all who made it back was Ann Lux in Season 6. I bet she was not happy Ann made it back because her decision was not being respected by Judy and Kelli.

Edited by bigskygirl
34 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The only time a girl Charlotte did not like at all who made it back was Ann Lux in Season 6. I bet she was not happy Ann made it back because her decision was not being respected by Judy and Kelli.

I have a feeling Charlotte was somehow talked into it & she gave the ok, because I find it very hard to believe anybody would usurp Charlotte.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Gina - eh, I don’t like her face, or maybe her expression on her face. Something rubs me the wrong way with her humble brags. 

I think it's the expression. She has one of those faces that always looks like she smells poo. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

You may be right. I stand by saying I have seen Jinelle in action at camps and schools, more than one time, and she is very friendly and approachable. I don't think she has a mean bone or any selfish intent. Kids and parents love her. She is encouraging and patient, and will spend a little extra time with the shy, uncoordinated, never gonna be a DCC kids instead of just wanting to latch onto a cute Dance Moms types who make for good pics.

I still think she sounds very scripted, but from what I've seen Jinelle is really a nice person who just tries to do her thang and not compete with anybody. I like that she was so close to her Grandma, too.

This makes me like Jinelle even more.  

3 hours ago, mmm said:

Kelli waited for the girls coming from the USO tour wearing a Christmas sweater and cheering with red pom poms. I have to say that's super cute 

IMG_1929 2.jpg

Kelli is too cute!  And yes, the DCC seem to have done a great job with this domestic, holiday USO tour, and I am happy to see that Kelli appreciates it too.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

So curious...what gives you the idea that Charlotte didn't like Raylee? Or did I miss something on the show? 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Acromantula said:

So curious...what gives you the idea that Charlotte didn't like Raylee? Or did I miss something on the show? 

During deliberations, Kristi said about Raylee "I don't think she did anything to lose her spot."  Charlotte replied with "Did she do anything to keep it?  Just being the same is really not enough to keep it."  I thought that was a little harsh; I mean, do they all improve year after year?

• Love 1
On 12/9/2017 at 9:39 PM, mmm said:

I always thought Ashley paige was unsuccessful version of Jenn K.

LOL I never thought of it that way, but this is so accurate!

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

During deliberations, Kristi said about Raylee "I don't think she did anything to lose her spot."  Charlotte replied with "Did she do anything to keep it?  Just being the same is really not enough to keep it."  I thought that was a little harsh; I mean, do they all improve year after year?

Hmm. I didn't think that was harsh or any different from criticism given to any other dancer who didn't really improve much. I think the same question could be asked about any returning vet. They ALL need to prove that they deserve to keep their spot by improving. Perhaps she just didnt.

• Love 1

Remember too that these cuts were in the thick of all the Holly fraternizing drama and these cut girls had been tight with HOlly.

Punish the messengers who wouldnt rat but keep the superstars who actually broke the rules. 

I swear I think Kelli knew Holly wasn't going to be around long either from bolting or being cut. Whichever came first. It was all drawn out so they could film some drama and maybe keep her one more year. If she wasn't so good and such a fan fave she would have been chopped with the rest of the vets.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Hmm. I didn't think that was harsh or any different from criticism given to any other dancer who didn't really improve much. I think the same question could be asked about any returning vet. They ALL need to prove that they deserve to keep their spot by improving. Perhaps she just didnt.

When they say that about Yuko, then I'll believe it :)

IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with being the same as you were last year, unless you were warned that you need to improve over last year (which maybe she was).

• Love 3
14 hours ago, California Girl said:

This makes me like Jinelle even more.  

Kelli is too cute!  And yes, the DCC seem to have done a great job with this domestic, holiday USO tour, and I am happy to see that Kelli appreciates it too.

love kelli and I think she is the show.  But damn she looks old here. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

When they say that about Yuko, then I'll believe it :)

IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with being the same as you were last year, unless you were warned that you need to improve over last year (which maybe she was).

Agreed. Veteran or not, the point IMO should be if she’s in the top 46 or however many they take to training camp. The logic that you will take a weaker rookie (like Brianna who couldn’t kick) over a vet that is better but “didn’t improve enough” is why they ended up with such a weak team this year IMO. Now if Raylee had been told that she would be cut if she didn’t improve substantially, then that’s different. However the comments shown were so vague that it’s hard for me to see that. 

The info about proximity to Holly potentially being involved in the decision is interesting and makes as much sense as what was shown. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. Veteran or not, the point IMO should be if she’s in the top 46 or however many they take to training camp. The logic that you will take a weaker rookie (like Brianna who couldn’t kick) over a vet that is better but “didn’t improve enough” is why they ended up with such a weak team this year IMO. Now if Raylee had been told that she would be cut if she didn’t improve substantially, then that’s different. However the comments shown were so vague that it’s hard for me to see that. 

The info about proximity to Holly potentially being involved in the decision is interesting and makes as much sense as what was shown. 

Have we ever gotten more information on why little Heather was cut? Her dancing was praised the year before and it seems like her solo this year was well received. I just find it hard to believe they cut her for one small wrong turn on the field. If it was her looks, well she looked the same the year before when she made it. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Remember too that these cuts were in the thick of all the Holly fraternizing drama and these cut girls had been tight with HOlly.

Punish the messengers who wouldnt rat but keep the superstars who actually broke the rules. 

I swear I think Kelli knew Holly wasn't going to be around long either from bolting or being cut. Whichever came first. It was all drawn out so they could film some drama and maybe keep her one more year. If she wasn't so good and such a fan fave she would have been chopped with the rest of the vets.

2 of these ladies were involved in reporting her last fall. Then they were made to look as if they made everything up.   1 was good enough to be asked multiple times through the year to sub for show group.   Allie was “soft” but still under her weight from last year, then they left  the other chunks that are not her caliber of dance on the squad.  Even put them all on weight watch (we say the stickers on the pics)  they could have done that with Allie.  All 3 should have remained compared to what they have now.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

love kelli and I think she is the show.  But damn she looks old here. 

Hah!  It's all relative, at my age Kelli looks good, but when you are a bit younger everyone looks old to you.   I was watching an episode of MTV's new show Floribama Shore over my daughter's shoulder (yah right, guilty pleasure) and several cast members lobbed insults at people for being "so old", including one at a young woman who cannot yet be 30 (as in, "I hope I'm not still doing that when I'm 30!").   In any case Kelli was a total sweetheart in welcoming back America's Sweethearts from the USO tour.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Hah!  It's all relative, at my age Kelli looks good, but when you are a bit younger everyone looks old to you.   I was watching an episode of MTV's new show Floribama Shore over my daughter's shoulder (yah right, guilty pleasure) and several cast members lobbed insults at people for being "so old", including one at a young woman who cannot yet be 30 (as in, "I hope I'm not still doing that when I'm 30!").   In any case Kelli was a total sweetheart  in welcoming back America's Sweethearts from the USO tour.

I love Kelli showing up to support the team, with no makeup and shaking her poms! She inspires me to keep wearing my sleevless tops and dresses, and I'm also an empty nester this year too and I can relate to her massive bow making and cleaning out the garage days. My house is all decked out for Christmas this year and it was before November 30!  Cheers!!

• Love 5

In my opinion, Jenna should not be in the running for Pro Bowl Girl. Yes, she may have the seniority and dance experience, but the girl who goes need to be the complete DCC. She broke the rules and cried foul when she was not able to be point girl after the Hall of Fame trip. She brought it all on herself, and her my leadership was tested spiel on the show was eye rolling. She was the reason why her leadership was tested and questioned. No girl should get Pro Bowl for being on the team the longest. Like Kelli has said more than once seniority does not mean you are given things, in otherwords you earned it. Jenna should be grateful she was not cut during TC for her actions.

No way in hell they’d send Jenna who was publicly called out for breaking the rules on national television to an event where teams send their best ambassadors. Girl can dance, but girl can’t follow the rules. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

No way in hell they’d send Jenna who was publicly called out for breaking the rules on national television to an event where teams send their best ambassadors. Girl can dance, but girl can’t follow the rules. 

I sound like a broken record but again...Whitney. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be stunned if Jenna got it and even more surprised if Kashara is not the pro bowl girl, but the team has sent people who haven’t been great ambassadors before.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

By that logic, Tasha should have been cut too.  She did absolutely nothing to earn her spot back.  She just had the DCC look...which I don’t agree with but they didn’t ask me!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

(Place holder for when Kash gets pro bowl and I have to roll my eyes)

LOL...I love Kash but I think Jinelle should go.  She would be a great representative and she’s the whole package.  If not her, then Lacey.  

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I sound like a broken record but again...Whitney. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be stunned if Jenna got it and even more surprised if Kashara is not the pro bowl girl, but the team has sent people who haven’t been great ambassadors before.

They also sent Holly A. after the incident I’d which we cannot speak on here.

Jenna, to me, broke the rules, but what she did isn’t as brand damaging as Whitney or Holly A.’s scandals.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They also sent Holly A. after the incident I’d which we cannot speak on here.

Jenna, to me, broke the rules, but what she did isn’t as brand damaging as Whitney or Holly A.’s scandals.

And they also muddled the issue with Jenna so much on the show. My sister and a few of her friends who watch the show (but don't follow online or anything) still don't quite understand what she got in trouble for. If anything, Jenna came off looking more pathetic than looking like a serial rule breaker on the show. If one doesn't follow online or know people with inside info, they would have no idea about Dak or anything like that. For better or worse, she is still a fan favorite for the people who I know who only follow the show and nothing more. 

Edited by Jess14
clarity
  • Love 3

What was Holly A's scandal?  PM if necessary,

I don't think Jenna cried foul after her punishment.  She asked 2 or 3 days afterwards what the extent of her punishment would be, seemingly for clarification.  Crying foul would be throwing a fit or saying that she was treated unfairly.  She didn't break her contract like Holly, she asked did she lose point for the whole season.

They took the perks of hard work from Jenna, being point and Canton.  But left her with the actual work.  Show group and group leader.  Like I've said before, if your a poor leader take the leadership position away,

She's suffered enough.  From what I can tell, she's performed her job well this season.  Jenna for ProBowl.

I actually feel bad for Jinelle.  They treat her like an ugly stepchild (judging from her position in the formation),  She's never up front for anything,  If not Jenna, then Jinelle.

I don't mind Lacey.  She's put in the work.

I love the idea of Kashara getting it, and then she retires.  I don't mind her, but the way she was hyped all last season of the show really ruffled my feathers.

Wouldn't it actually be lovely if they left the decision totally up to the girls.  I think any of the girls could handle it dance-wise (YES, even Yuko, Christina, or Savannah).  Everyone has had a season's worth of appearances.  No one is expecting them to give Oprah caliber interviews.  

Rant over.  

• Love 10

I thought they were going to throw Jenna under the bus in that podcast by asking who's her fave current player. Then they let Miranda answer and asked Jenna her favorite RETIRED player.

I know they ask that every week but they knew what was going on or wouldn't have diverted it. 

• Love 1

Jenna broke the rules by dating and partying with at least one player. I call total bs on her being called out for not telling on Holly or telling Holly naughty, naughty you bad girl you are breaking the rules and making me look like a bad leader. Jenna was not happy about not going to Canton and wanted to know if she would get point girl back. Really.. I be more concerned about the fact you broke the rules, got caught, and how to earn the trust of Kelli and Judy. I think the reason why she was not cut was the fact Holly left, Erica was cut, and they were hurting for leadership and more talented dancers with experience since they lost Megan, Amy and Jennifer. Personally, I think Jenna should have been shown the door for her actions.

What happened with Whitney and Holly are two completely different incidents compared to Jenna. Whitney was not breaking the rules when her incident happened. She made a bad mistake, but I bet she did not act like her leadership abilities were questioned or tested instead of admitting she made a bad mistake and learned from it.

Savannah and Christina would not be allowed to be chosen for Pro Bowl because only vets with two or more years are allowed to be chosen.

Whitney didn’t break a rule, but her Halloween pics were highly visible in the national media, not just discussed to death on a super fan board.

Holly A was a victim, but was overshadowed by real celebs. Nobody cares about some random cheerleader when you have Jennifer Lawrence, etc. dealing with the same thing.

Jenna dating a player - seems like a lot of the general public think the main reason to be a Pro dancer is to land an athlete, so if they’re supposed to send their best and brightest to outdo the other pro bowl dancers, send Jenna.

I love Kashara and Lacey, Jinelle is ok, but can see how they’d send Jenna to pro bowl. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

What happened with Whitney and Holly are two completely different incidents compared to Jenna. Whitney was not breaking the rules when her incident happened. She made a bad mistake, but I bet she did not act like her leadership abilities were questioned or tested instead of admitting she made a bad mistake and learned from it.

Publicly embarrassing your employer is pretty much always grounds for dismissal.  I would assume that her conduct violated at least a general conduct rule of sorts, but whether there was a specific rule that she violated is a bit besides the point IMO. I also don't see why she should get the benefit of the doubt as to how she reacted to getting in trouble. I don't dislike Whitney to be clear, but she seemed quite immature on the show. Fabulous dancer but immature. 

• Love 1