Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I'm sad to see that Selina has not been able to get back to fighting shape, weight-wise.

I don't like Khalyn's new weave.  It's too long and full.  I think she's gorgeous, but that hair ages her.

For that matter, I think most of them could lose about three inches of hair and look great.  Amy's hair cut really freshened her up, because her ends look so healthy.

Overall, they all look great though.

Shut your mouth about Khalyn = total girl crush here LOL.  So sad if injury forces retirement this year.

I'll take your 3" and say most need about a foot cut off though. 

Selina bless her heart even her face looks like she's fighting weight. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

They all look so darn happy in this photo.  To me, it is one of the best things the DCC does, bringing their celebrity and excitement to our service members and their families, and to children who are hospitalized.  I never get tired of seeing the smiles they bring through their outreach, and I am so glad they featured more of that aspect of their work on this year's show.  As an aside, Tasha's public service video on behalf of her cause, Alzheimer's disease, was so moving.  I know we gave her some grief on these boards for not knowing who what's-his-name was (he is gone now), but Tasha is actually very articulate and well spoken.  Her segment was extremely well thought out and composed.  

DQOjCNKVwAAeS9s.jpg

I just noticed that retired DCC Jackie Bob Pearson, along with Jay Johnson, is accompanying the DCC on this USO tour.  It is great that she has found her way back into the organization.  Does anyone know what Jackie's position with the DCC is?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I just noticed that retired DCC Jackie Bob Pearson, along with Jay Johnson, is accompanying the DCC on this USO tour.  It is great that she has found her way back into the organization.  Does anyone know what Jackie's position with the DCC is?

Jackie does all sorts of things with all star cheer brands and NFL events. She’s worked several Pro Bowls behind the scenes. I guess she’s accompanying them as a guide/manager? 

I like they are doing domestic USO Tours this year especially at bases in states who usually do not get much notice. Yes, I can say this because most people do not give Montana much attention because we live out in the boondocks and are considered a bunch of hicks. *lol*

3 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Shut your mouth about Khalyn = total girl crush here LOL.  So sad if injury forces retirement this year.

I'll take your 3" and say most need about a foot cut off though. 

Selina bless her heart even her face looks like she's fighting weight. 

OMG! I love Khalyn! She is actually one of my favorites. I creeped on her Instagram. And it is lovely. Not self-obsessed and she seems like such a nice girl.

The pictures of her with her natural hair are everything . With that said, that weave is not doing her any favors.

I agree with you about maybe a foot of hair could be cut off most girls without missing a beat. I hate to see a woman keep damaged hair just so that she can have super long hair.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree, but I'm wondering why they picked Savanah. I don't hate her and she seems like a sweet person, but she is definitely the weakest rookie so it does look like Kelli loves her so much that she won't be going anywhere no matter how much she messes up.

To me, Savannah isn't the weakest rookie, Christina is.  However, Savannah is certainly in the bottom five of the squad for dancing, performance and precision (Christina being the weakest, then Savannah and Yuko, I'm not sure who the other two would be).

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

To me, Savannah isn't the weakest rookie, Christina is.  However, Savannah is certainly in the bottom five of the squad for dancing, performance and precision (Christina being the weakest, then Savannah and Yuko, I'm not sure who the other two would be).

If we had to rank, it’s definitely be Christina, Savannah, then maybe Yuko , Selina...maybe Kelsey? I see her getting better though, and lord knows she’s got the visuals. 

Hi all - just wanted to introduce myself because it seems right to do so here; it seems like a name-basis group! I've been following this forum for awhile now - I've recently become really interested in the DCC and their legacy and current standards, and I love how in-depth people on this board get about little niche perceptions of the team. I'm active on Reddit forums for Survivor and MTV's The Challenge, and I never thought I'd be discussing cheerleaders but here we are. The show is engaging and I love rooting for people to achieve their dreams. It makes the show addictive. I don't have a dance background of any kind, for the record, but I love watching a well-choreographed dance - the DCC is awesome in this regard.

With those things mentioned, my opinions of this current squad are as following:

Kashara is a good point.

I love Tasha. She seems genuinely sweet.

I grew up in metro Detroit and have mad Michigan pride so I am a HUGE Lauren fan.

Jinelle seems like a suck-up and her personality annoys me but she dances effortlessly.

Rachel and Molly are both beautiful and Miranda gets included in their genre but I think her boob job is distracting.

I've watched a lot of the past seasons and some of my favorite past cheerleaders are Danielle (favorite by far), Alyssa Sarasani, Jordan Chanley (she surpised me), Mia, Megan C, and Kat (she was so cute). I really loved Ann Lux too because she seemed real.

Hot take - my favorite ever TCC was Karissa from season 6. I thought she was friendly, funny, and kind of blunt - she seemed like someone I could be friends with in real life. I can see why she didn't make the team though. I also think Brennan should have absolutely made the team this year. Brennan, if you read this, you were robbed.

Lastly, I really like the Savannah-Tara duo and I don't care if Savannah squeaked through because of that. She's a good performer and they both seem so happy to be doing this together.

Edited by PollyHowell
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree, but I'm wondering why they picked Savanah. I don't hate her and she seems like a sweet person, but she is definitely the weakest rookie so it does look like Kelli loves her so much that she won't be going anywhere no matter how much she messes up.

Savannah is so well spoken and I feel like that would be one of the biggest pluses on a USO tour.  Every time she spoke on camera, like with Kelli in her office, she just comes across poised and mature but still sincere.  Her background (Belgian) may also help give her a unique story to share? Plus throwing a red head in lol  Sidenote: I love her hair color so much.  That's the kind of red I wish I could get to. 

On 12/3/2017 at 0:07 PM, bigskygirl said:

If Jenna saved a child from a burning building, I would be impressed and say way to go Jenna. There is something about her that rubs me the wrong way. She is not the first current or former DCC who rubs me the wrong way. I also cannot expect everyone to like every girl who tries out or makes the team. We have variety when it comes to the girls, so we all have the chance to like or even dislike. I see nothing wrong with it and understand not every poster will agree with me. It is a part of life. With that being said, I may not be team Jenna, but I do wish her the best.

so well said! +1 

On 12/3/2017 at 10:48 PM, RhiRhi said:

These were the clips where I first just started to fall in love with Kash - this dance and the Becky G song Break a Sweat.  It was so fun to see her really performing and just see her sparkle.  

Ah Caila...she looks so good in these clips.  I wish she had had just a bit more maturity to hold it together because I liked her too...still do! she is one of the only cut DCC I still follow. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Hi all - just wanted to introduce myself because it seems right to do so here; it seems like a name-basis group! I've been following this forum for awhile now - I've recently become really interested in the DCC and their legacy and current standards, and I love how in-depth people on this board get about little niche perceptions of the team. I'm active on Reddit forums for Survivor and MTV's The Challenge, and I never thought I'd be discussing cheerleaders but here we are. The show is engaging and I love rooting for people to achieve their dreams. It makes the show addictive. I don't have a dance background of any kind, for the record, but I love watching a well-choreographed dance - the DCC is awesome in this regard.

With those things mentioned, my opinions of this current squad are as following:

Kashara is a good point.

I grew up in metro Detroit and have mad Michigan pride so I am a HUGE Lauren fan.

Jinelle seems like a suck-up and her personality annoys me but she dances effortlessly.

Rachel and Molly are both beautiful and Miranda gets included in their genre but I think her boob job is distracting.

I've watched a lot of the past seasons and some of my favorite past cheerleaders are Danielle (favorite by far), Alyssa Sarasani, Jordan Chanley (she surpised me), Mia, Megan C, and Kat (she was so cute). I really loved Ann Lux too because she seemed real.

Hot take - my favorite ever TCC was Karissa from season 6. I thought she was friendly, funny, and kind of blunt - she seemed like someone I could be friends with in real life. I can see why she didn't make the team though. I also think Brennan should have absolutely made the team this year. Brennan, if you read this, you were robbed.

Lastly, I really like the Savannah-Tara duo and I don't care if Savannah squeaked through because of that. She's a good performer and they both seem so happy to be doing this together.

I always liked Ann Lux. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Kashara is a good point.

Welcome.

Agree with almost everything.

Such a big deal was made about Miranda's boob-job from Finals on. It really looked wonky in that finalist pic, but it never has looked bad in any of the pics I or vids I've seen. (I practiced OB/GYN for 14 years, so I've seen a lot of breasts)

Brennan was robbed.

Not impressed with the Tara/Savannah storyline.  You have a friend from your part-time job. How is this special?

But if Brennan had stayed, Savannah almost certainly would have been cut (per what was shown on the show).

• Love 5

Welcome @PollyHowell! :)

You say a lot of good things...am looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

I can't recall which season it was, but one of the seasons showed the swimsuit shoot in Mexico. When they did the calendar reveal, Crystal did not make it and she looked bummed about it.

Rewatched Season 12 Episode Three. Savannah comes from a military family so I can see why she was chosen to go on the Domestic USO Tour since she would understand what it is like to move around a lot while a parent is in the military.

Season 5 was the one calendar reveal and Crystal looked like she was upset she did not make it into the calendar. I think Trisha made the cover, but I cannot remember.

9 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I really loved Ann Lux too because she seemed real.

Agreed!  I've said it before, but Ann (Lux) Long is on my list of all-time favorite DCCs because she had a unique look and an individual personality.   She is one of the few retired cheerleaders I still look up on Instagram once in a while, and she still looks great at 30 with two kids.  A very natural beauty.

Recently.

Her first season.

8012418.jpg

Her second season.

4778437.jpg

• Love 8
18 hours ago, hypeman said:

OMG! I love Khalyn! She is actually one of my favorites. I creeped on her Instagram. And it is lovely. Not self-obsessed and she seems like such a nice girl.

The pictures of her with her natural hair are everything. With that said, that weave is not doing her any favors.

I agree with you about maybe a foot of hair could be cut off most girls without missing a beat. I hate to see a woman keep damaged hair just so that she can have super long hair.

I also wish they would let some of these women keep more natural hairstyles, which for many of them would mean cutting off at least 2-3 inches of damaged length and split ends.

And you are so right about Khalyn and her naturally beautiful hair.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 17

Lauren's little boy is adorable!  

I agree about the hair. A lot of the girls would look better with shorter hair and bangs, but Kelli thinks they look more sexy with the same cookie cut hair dos. I like the girls who have shorter hair or naturally curly hair dos.

This may have been discussed pre-season but I didn't know any of the girls at that point so I didn't keep up with the threads, but if Miranda did get a botched boob job, why was it not fixed by the doctor?

22 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I also wish they would let some of these women keep more natural hairstyles, which for many of them would mean cutting off at least 2-3 inches of damaged length and split ends.

My god she's pretty!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

Brennan was robbed.

This

Not impressed with the Tara/Savannah storyline.  You have a friend from your part-time job. How is this special?

AND this.

But if Brennan had stayed, Savannah almost certainly would have been cut (per what was shown on the show).

I also agree with this...IMO if Brennan did make it, Savannah, not Christina, would have deserved to get cut.

• Love 2

Ann (Lux) Long [snip] still looks great at 30 with two kids

30 is still a kid :)

Khalyn does look great with her natural hair.  With that face, though, straight, natural, bald, whatever, she'd still look great.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Lauren's little boy is adorable!  

I agree about the hair. A lot of the girls would look better with shorter hair and bangs, but Kelli thinks they look more sexy with the same cookie cut hair dos. I like the girls who have shorter hair or naturally curly hair dos.

aw he is the cutest!!!  I love Lauren's hair shorter too, it looks so healthy and chic. 

Agreed!  I've said it before, but Ann (Lux) Long is on my list of all-time favorite DCCs because she had a unique look and an individual personality.   She is one of the few retired cheerleaders I still look up on Instagram once in a while, and she still looks great at 30 with two kids.  A very natural beauty.

Recently.

Her first season.

8012418.jpg

Her second season.

4778437.jpg

I am a big Ann Lux fan, I was so annoyed with how Charlotte attacked her at auditions her second year. Her short hair looked great on her.

Jordan Baum’s short hair her first year was another great look with a shorter cut. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I am a big Ann Lux fan, I was so annoyed with how Charlotte attacked her at auditions her second year. Her short hair looked great on her.

Yeah, I didn’t get Charlotte’s animosity towards her. She seemed to have the same attitude towards Raylee this year, which also bugged me. I feel like anytime Charlotte feels super strongly for or against someone, I’m usually on the opposite side.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Kashara is a good point.

Fellow Survivor super fan here and a big RHAP listener.

Karissa was a very engaging TCC, she really made me root for her. I feel like they don’t bring people like her to Training Camp often anymore, she wasn’t as polished and actually really needed a makeover. I felt bad for her when she didn’t make Training Camp the next year even though I understand why. 

I also wish Brennan had made it, she would never have quit.

Savannah draws my eye even if she isn’t that great of a dancer. She isn’t perfectly gorgeous but she is pretty and her hair is striking. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I'm active on Reddit forums for Survivor and MTV's The Challenge,

Huge fan of both shows, I think there need to be a DCC on both shows.

17 minutes ago, mmm said:
13 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I'm active on Reddit forums for Survivor and MTV's The Challenge,

Huge fan of both shows, I think there need to be a DCC on both shows.

Jasmine is looking for work.

• Love 11

Jasmine is looking for work.

Jasmine has been confirmed as a cast member of MTV's Ex on the Beach, which is rumored to be a new Challenge feeder show. So @mmm you may have your wish soon!

Edited by PollyHowell
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, PollyHowell said:

Jasmine has been confirmed as a cast member of the next season of the Challenge.

I was just kidding.  But I absolutely love it! I hope this all leads to something permanant.

Jasmine appeared to be an average DCC, but she did make it 3 seasons.  And has made 3 pro teams (Jets, DCC, Golden State Warriors).  So she obviously has some dance talent.

I don't watch any of The Bachelor franchises, so I hope she didn't make a fool of herself. However, I also realize shows like that purposely induce drama with alcohol, etc.

2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

OK help a gal out here again.....for the life of me I can't place this girl  - ETA that's not Lauren is it????

Untitled.png

It's Lauren.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, California Girl said:

Mmmmkay, she looks like a completely different person!! That hair is gorgeous, and honestly I think it would make for far better "hairography" or whatever that silly term is than the straight, flat-ironed, limp 'do she sports as a DCC. Sorry/notsorry, what is Kelli thinking???

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Jasmine has been confirmed as a cast member of MTV's Ex on the Beach, which is rumored to be a new Challenge feeder show. So @mmm you may have your wish soon!

Really, I knew this Ex on the beach people were going on the challenge but didn't know Jasmine was rumoured for it.

I always thought a fun party girl like former DCC Chelsea would be fun for the RW and The challenge. 

And some smart and charming like Nicole butcher, Emma Mary or Brittnay Schrum would be good on Survivor. 

1 minute ago, mmm said:

Really, I knew this Ex on the beach people were going on the challenge but didn't know Jasmine was rumoured for it.

I always thought a fun party girl like former DCC Chelsea would be fun for the RW and The challenge. 

And some smart and charming like Nicole butcher, Emma Mary or Brittnay Schrum would be good on Survivor. 

I liked Chelsea a lot and could definitely picture her on a MTV-type show when she was the age she was when she was a DCC. She's probably past all that now. But she would have been great. 

Is it weird that I could definitely see Jenna on an MTV show? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Acromantula said:

That hair is gorgeous, and honestly I think it would make for far better "hairography" or whatever that silly term is than the straight, flat-ironed, limp 'do she sports as a DCC. Sorry/notsorry, what is Kelli thinking???

I agree, she looks gorgeous in that picture, just as she is without the Lee Press on Hair. What a dazzling beauty she is! I think she would look outstanding on the field in uniform with that style.

California Girl ,thanks for sharing the pictures of Ann Lux and her kiddos. I was also always a fan and I am happy to get a peek at how she is doing. How the heck has it been so long since some of these girls cheered?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I think she would look outstanding on the field in uniform with that style.

Makes me think of Jill Waggoner (I had no idea she became an MD).

jilldcc.jpg

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

Seeing Khalyn like this makes me question their makeover staff even more!  Her hair on the show is just bringing her down.  Since Sasha was my all time favorite, I'm a huge fan of natural hair and think more girls should be out there rocking it.   Her makeup here looks different as well.  They need to get it together over at the salon lol

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Acromantula said:

Mmmmkay, she looks like a completely different person!! That hair is gorgeous, and honestly I think it would make for far better "hairography" or whatever that silly term is than the straight, flat-ironed, limp 'do she sports as a DCC. Sorry/notsorry, what is Kelli thinking???

Honestly, I don't think it would. Seems like DCC want any hair that is flow-y and that moves "flawlessly." Khalyn's 4a hair is different from Sasha's 3a/b hair and Nicole's 3b/c hair

• Love 1
On 12/4/2017 at 7:34 PM, hypeman said:

The pictures of her with her natural hair are everything . With that said, that weave is not doing her any favors.

2 hours ago, Calicocats said:

Seeing Khalyn like this makes me question their makeover staff even more! 

9 hours ago, raindancer said:

OMG LOVELOVELOVE this!!!!!!!!!  

#JusticeForKhalynsHair

• Love 11
15 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I liked Chelsea a lot and could definitely picture her on a MTV-type show when she was the age she was when she was a DCC. She's probably past all that now. But she would have been great. 

I never thought of that but, yes, former DCC Chelsea Chaney would have absolutely been better off in some "real" reality tv shows like MTV's (when she was younger) Real World, Road Rules (back in the day), Floribama Shore, or The Challenge.   It is not too late for Chelsea though, she can still audition successfully for something like ABC's The Bachelor (I can totally see former DCC Erica Wilkins on this show!), or Bravo's Real Housewives of DallasMost Eligible Dallas (perfect for Chelsea if they ever brought it back), or Southern Charm: Dallas (if they create that as the next franchise installment).

• Love 2
4 hours ago, California Girl said:

I never thought of that but, yes, former DCC Chelsea Chaney would have absolutely been better off in some "real" reality tv shows like MTV's (when she was younger) Real World, Road Rules (back in the day), Floribama Shore, or The Challenge.   It is not too late for Chelsea though, she can still audition successfully for something like ABC's The Bachelor (I can totally see former DCC Erica Wilkins on this show!), or Bravo's Real Housewives of DallasMost Eligible Dallas (perfect for Chelsea if they ever brought it back), or Southern Charm: Dallas (if they create that as the next franchise installment).

Does it look like she had work done on her face? Maybe it's just the makeup or the angle of the picture.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, California Girl said:

Real Housewives ? you know she's 25 max right, she was DCC when she was 19. She still very young 

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Does it look like she had work done on her face? Maybe it's just the makeup or the angle of the picture.

She looks very plastic in that picture...she used to have a very natural look before, weird to see her so tarted up like that.    Vivian seemed to be doing the same type of stuff in many of the online pics she posted.

Of course, maybe it’s just one pic and she still looks normal...

• Love 1