Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense, but if Group 4 sucks, we cannot expect KaShara to take all the blame for it. Kelli and Judy were the ones who pick the girls for each group. If the girls are bad, they should not have been picked for the squad. In my opinion, I think the majority of the squad is not top speed this year. There are more lemons than stand outs the last two years.

I actually think this squad is great.  I have lots of clear, close up, and uninterrupted video of this squad dancing. That does not exist for the earlier squads.  And the choreo is eons better.

Regarding group 4, in reality, it's probably a mixture of both her having less stand outs, and Kashara not being a strong dance teacher. She probably needed a year as 2nd leader.

• Love 5

Can't entirely blame kashara on a weak group. It was weak when Erica half-ass "taught" so Kashara did have to catch up from that mess.

This honestly is the first I've heard of Kashara not being a good teacher. Need to go to a prep class over break.

• Love 3
On 12/4/2017 at 8:22 PM, HowdeeDo said:

If we had to rank, it’s definitely be Christina, Savannah, then maybe Yuko , Selina...maybe Kelsey? I see her getting better though, and lord knows she’s got the visuals. 

I completely agree that Christina is the weakest rookie. I went to a game and Christina stood out- in a BAD way. She seemed tired almost right away and like she was out breath. The way she dances just seems stiff and unnatural. 

Kalyssa stands out the most not just in the rookie class, but the entire team. That girl has so much power and style, my eyes were always drawn back to her both in thunderstruck and in their groups.

• Love 8

There's usually at least one girl each year who makes the squad one year then comes back to be cut.  Breelan and Morgan come to mind while Ashley Pro, Caila and a few others were maybes (as in maybe they'll make the squad again, maybe not).  Christina is this years' girl for "Least likely to make the squad for a second year".  Alexandria was a one-and-done even if she hadn't left when the season started and I doubt she'll be back.  Besides Yuko and maybe Savannah, I really can't think of any other girls who are truly weak enough to not be welcomed back next year if they decide to come back.  I've heard that Keyra isn't performing up to the hype she got in Training Camp and is inconsistent.  If true, she might fall straight to the bottom and could be at risk of being cut.  We'll see.

They really look great. I think the sound is messed up,  I like the energy and the crispness of the movements. I went to the Panthers game yesterday, and nothing compared.

I only see twelve, who's missing?

My only quibble is that Kashara looked out of control  at times.  It could be the camera angle though.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, hypeman said:

They really look great. I think the sound is messed up,  I like the energy and the crispness of the movements. I went to the Panthers game yesterday, and nothing compared.

My only quibble is that Kashara looked out of control  at times.  It could be the camera angle though.

The routine is good but needs so raining in it seemed a little of out control.

I thought she was gonna slip at one point.

5 hours ago, hypeman said:

I thought they looked really off. The brunette on our right end kept messing up. Who was that? Blonde in the back kept screwing up, too. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm not sure about the cowlick thing, but she is the one who had to suffer her way on an air mattress.

Wasn't Molly the cowlick girl?

She may have been, I honestly don't remember.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:58 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Boyfriend appeared this summer. 

Right. She made a post like "best month of my life!!" and I was like...girl.. *eyeroll* lol. She had a different boyfriend a couple years back. Safe to say that didn't work out. She's still young, but alot of people around her are married or are getting married. Perhaps she is trying to telegraph that as her "next step" with her new boyfriend that she's so in love with now.

On 12/17/2017 at 1:16 AM, mmm said:

We don't know Jenna or the situation and don't think we have the right to judge her relationships. 

We don't, but we do have the right. We just shouldn't (lol).

7 hours ago, hypeman said:

I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same moves thrown together in different songs. They look good though. I do agree that KaShara looked like she was going to stumble at one point, but she still was great.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, hypeman said:

I actually think this squad is great.  I have lots of clear, close up, and uninterrupted video of this squad dancing. That does not exist for the earlier squads.  And the choreo is eons better.

Regarding group 4, in reality, it's probably a mixture of both her having less stand outs, and Kashara not being a strong dance teacher. She probably needed a year as 2nd leader.

Without actually attending games, I think it’s difficult to say what the issue is. For the quarter change dances which are pre-set, I think most of the Group 4 issues comes from the make-up of the group honestly. There are just a bunch of boring dancers in the group, and I have no idea what Kelli and Judy were thinking when they assigned girls to each group. I started off thinking that Group 2 was weakest, but they’ve pulled it together nicely. Not so much for Group 4.

Now, I believe someone else who regularly attends games mentioned that there are also issues of group 4 taking forever to get going on the sidelines when a song starts to play. I think that is definitely a group leader issue. I think should Kashara return next year, she will probably be improved in that regard. 

So ultimately, I agree that the problem is a mix of things, but I’m not convinced that you would see a massive difference in the level of performance if you swapped Kashara with Jenna or Lacey out as group leaders. Perhaps so, but I’m not prepared to say that. With that said, I’m all for consistency. If Jenna’s group were the weakest, I have no doubt that the weakness would get blamed on her being too “self-absorbed” or too much of a showboat to be a good leader. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Can't entirely blame kashara on a weak group. It was weak when Erica half-ass "taught" so Kashara did have to catch up from that mess.

This honestly is the first I've heard of Kashara not being a good teacher. Need to go to a prep class over break.

please do!! this is the first time i've ever heard that and also that she's stuck on herself...i'm not doubting the report but i'd love to hear your perspective from in-person too.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

THANK YOU. 

Kashara has a degree in physical education, but she can't teach a prep class? Geez

Physical education is different from teaching a prep class. PE classes has very little dancing and is more focus on physical activity, learning how to work with others, and building up strength.

22 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Victoria (Tina's daughter), also thinks very very highly of herself-borders orogance. Part of it could just be her age, but I think it will be very very interesting to see how that situation plays out. In the videos of her I've seen, she doesn't impress me, but what do know. 

Thank you for confirming what I’ve silently thought but never wanted to say because it’s mean, but you can tell that girl loves herself. I honestly hope she doesn’t make it next year unless she does a complete 180 (which I don’t see happening either). She’s an average contemporary dancer and floppy/noodle Pom dancer who’s obsessed with her hair. Please K&J, give this girl more time. If she wants it bad enough she’ll come back stronger. 

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Thank you for confirming what I’ve silently thought but never wanted to say because it’s mean, but you can tell that girl loves herself. I honestly hope she doesn’t make it next year unless she does a complete 180 (which I don’t see happening either). She’s an average contemporary dancer and floppy/noodle Pom dancer who’s obsessed with her hair. Please K&J, give this girl more time. If she wants it bad enough she’ll come back stronger. 

She's been attending classes for a year now so I guess that's impressive, but she's still pretty bad. Bad in dcc style I mean. I do think she will make it though.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

She's been attending classes for a year now so I guess that's impressive, but she's still pretty bad. Bad in dcc style I mean. I do think she will make it though.

I agree with this. I think the whole process will be interesting. I used to think that Victoria was a shoe-in, but then Dayton didn't make it this year. So maybe they won't allow her to skate by on name/relationship recognition. Not saying Dayton did, as I think she is/was more mature than Victoria.

Victoria is a shoe in. Tall and skinny. Amped up documenting her prep classes after Dayton was cut. Out to show she doesn't think she's a shoe in. 

I think they proved a point with Dayton that legacies aren't 100% shoe ins, and Dayton just kind of went and did it to see what would happen. NOt really obsessed or prepped, just kinda hey let's see.

58 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Victoria is a shoe in. Tall and skinny. Amped up documenting her prep classes after Dayton was cut. Out to show she doesn't think she's a shoe in. 

I think they proved a point with Dayton that legacies aren't 100% shoe ins, and Dayton just kind of went and did it to see what would happen. NOt really obsessed or prepped, just kinda hey let's see.

Well, she has had some issues with her weight over the past few months BUT does seem to be kicking her fitness up a notch at the gym so i'm sure she'll be in fighting shape by auditions if she really does want this as bad as it seems she does.  

I can't help but like Victoria.  Obviously I don't know her at ALL as a person and have never seen her IRL so can't speak on being stuck up...but I admire her work ethic.  Girl takes EVERY class available.  that's a lot of time and money.  i personally think she is gorgeous and very photogenic. i hope she does well at auditions. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Well, she has had some issues with her weight over the past few months BUT does seem to be kicking her fitness up a notch at the gym so i'm sure she'll be in fighting shape by auditions if she really does want this as bad as it seems she does.  

I can't help but like Victoria.  Obviously I don't know her at ALL as a person and have never seen her IRL so can't speak on being stuck up...but I admire her work ethic.  Girl takes EVERY class available.  that's a lot of time and money.  i personally think she is gorgeous and very photogenic. i hope she does well at auditions. 

I just can't stand her mother and if we get more of Victoria, something tells me we're getting more Tina too...blurg. 

And fwiw, I think Dayton trying out was more for the storyline than her actually wanting to do it. First, I refuse to believe her mother sent her into that interview without being prepared (because she came out looks dense) and I also refuse to believe that the interview alone would have cost her a spot in training camp. I have a feeling they'll be playing up the legacy aspect again next season with Victoria and maybe Dayton again. 

• Love 4

Hey guys, I haven’t been in this forum in a while since it got crazy at my job. I’ve noticed on social media that Milan hadn’t been pictured in a while and her own Instagram and twitter have been very quiet.

Does anyone know why? Sorry if it’s already been discussed. Thanks

Just now, TUOwl84 said:

Hey guys, I haven’t been in this forum in a while since it got crazy at my job. I’ve noticed on social media that Milan hadn’t been pictured in a while and her own Instagram and twitter have been very quiet.

Does anyone know why? Sorry if it’s already been discussed. Thanks

She left the squad a week or so before Thanksgiving, reportedly to concentrate on school.

• Love 2

It's the end of year reminder: Folks can say/speculate whatever they want about--including about the personal lives of-- the dancers. Do not comment, chortle, or sneer etc at posters and what/how they post. If you see a post that you think is problematic, REPORT, DO NOT RESPOND. And do not engage in the same behavior you reported--it's a sure fire way to earn a warning.

Happy Holidays!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Well I would agree in every other case...but she is a competitive dancer who is wasting money and time to get into a cheerleading team and a style that she just can't do.This isn't her style at all and she can't improve any more than she did in this past year and a half. She will definitely get a spot due to her mother and her looks anyway, but I even prefer Cassie tbh-at the very least, she didn't look almost spastic while trying to do dcc style and she was an amazing tumbler so she at least had that something 'extra'.

• Love 2

I think Keyra might be a one and done girl. I am surprise she was not called out for her thicker middle and behind when other girls were cut having the same figure who were better dancers in my opinion. I do not understand her appeal.

1 hour ago, amateurathlete said:

I just listened to the podcast, and it sounds like both Keyra and Selina are planning on reauditioning next year. Keyra doesn't shock me, but I was kind of surprised about Selina, due to her busy teaching job.

I'm suprised because I feel like she's still on WW. 

55 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Keyra might be a one and done girl. I am surprise she was not called out for her thicker middle and behind when other girls were cut having the same figure who were better dancers in my opinion. I do not understand her appeal.

I loved Keyra's personality on the show! And to me she either ties for first or is a CLOSE second in the power department for the rookies this year. I hope she stays! Even if it's to spite Judy lmaooo

On 12/17/2017 at 10:32 PM, hypeman said:

Stop reading my mind, thanks. 

• Love 5

Regarding Keyra, I've been disappointed from what I've seen dance-wise. She was hyped so hard in the beginning of the show by multiple guest choreographers and Kitty.  I just haven't seen "the Firecracker" yet.  Admittedly, I really only closely paid attention to her in the "Baby I'm A Star" routine.  She doesn't seem like a struggler, but I haven't seen standout. 

Regarding her figure, I think she looks great.  There was a picture early on, maybe from finals, where her thighs looked thick.  However, when I see her dancing they don't even look big to me.  I don't think having a behind, has ever been a problem for K and J.  I think the ladies with rear assets look better in the uniform.  Jinelle (whom I love) often looks like she's dancing in a saggy diaper because she's lacking back there.

She's standing next to Cersten, who has a rocking body, at finals, and is holding her own.  And their thighs look the same size.  I think that early picture really branded her as the thick girl (it did in my mind).  I think that one photo left a bad impression.

5937254c49808_KeyraCersten.jpg.98a7a447aaae97ead6ed313e31a9a0b1.thumb.jpg.08e7cd4c0fa807f690d850fa4f4aa1aa.jpg

Likewise, her cameo shows behind, but her stomach looks fine.  I always judge the need for weight warning by if there is spillage over the belt.

keyra-cameo17.jpg.67f16c42404364305e069ba29ae8ab97.jpg

I do come from the school of "thick thighs save lives."

• Love 5

Katie S. was cut in Season 3 for her behind, and the one girl in Season 9 was cut for the way or behind and thighs looked, and lets not forget Vivian. Keyra's midsection and behind did look thicker in TC, but she still made the team. Girls in the past who had the same look were cut during TC except for Stephanie H. To me, she is just another blender in a sea of blenders with very few standouts.

I do not think Judy mocked Milan grade point average. Miss Kitty was the one who brought it up in the first place. Judy may not be happy with the fact Milan left mid season for school because her spot could have went for someone else. Milan is another one I could not understand the fuss over. In her case, she needed a much better makeover than the one she got from Kelli's big city salon.

1 hour ago, hypeman said:

Regarding Keyra, I've been disappointed from what I've seen dance-wise. She was hyped so hard in the beginning of the show by multiple guest choreographers and Kitty.  I just haven't seen "the Firecracker" yet.  Admittedly, I really only closely paid attention to her in the "Baby I'm A Star" routine.  She doesn't seem like a struggler, but I haven't seen standout. 

Regarding her figure, I think she looks great.  There was a picture early on, maybe from finals, where her thighs looked thick.  However, when I see her dancing they don't even look big to me.  I don't think having a behind, has ever been a problem for K and J.  I think the ladies with rear assets look better in the uniform.  Jinelle (whom I love) often looks like she's dancing in a saggy diaper because she's lacking back there.

She's standing next to Cersten, who has a rocking body, at finals, and is holding her own.  And their thighs look the same size.  I think that early picture really branded her as the thick girl (it did in my mind).  I think that one photo left a bad impression.

5937254c49808_KeyraCersten.jpg.98a7a447aaae97ead6ed313e31a9a0b1.thumb.jpg.08e7cd4c0fa807f690d850fa4f4aa1aa.jpg

Likewise, her cameo shows behind, but her stomach looks fine.  I always judge the need for weight warning by if there is spillage over the belt.

keyra-cameo17.jpg.67f16c42404364305e069ba29ae8ab97.jpg

I do come from the school of "thick thighs save lives."

Keyra knows her angles LOL. Definitely not an hourglass, thick but toned. She doesn't jiggle or spill over. Head on she's wider in the waist, but she is not out of shape.

Look how much they blurred/highlighted her thighs on that cameo. Hiding the muscles for who knows why.

Now for that pic with Cersten - they lucked out with some wavy ass carpet bc it hides any filtering and photoshopping. Even the Kardashians and Beyonce nip and tuck those Insta posts, so not that big of a deal.

I still think she's over hyped and not that cute, but good personality.

1 hour ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Didn't someone say Judy mocked Milans 4.0?  Did Cassie even go to college or graduate?   STFU judy. 

Nope Cassie never graduated. Barely went part time anyway, then quit. 

Note that Jenna has also dropped out of school. 

9 hours ago, amateurathlete said:

I just listened to the podcast, and it sounds like both Keyra and Selina are planning on reauditioning next year. Keyra doesn't shock me, but I was kind of surprised about Selina, due to her busy teaching job.

I listened to the podcast as well, and I thought both Keyra and Selina were very engaging and well spoken.  They present and represent well.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The announcement is usually made at the last home game. Their last home game is Sunday Christmas Eve.

It actually depends. Last year they did it at practice, so who knows. I would hope they’d do it sooner than later to give her more time to prepare. 

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I'm going to the game this weekend so I hope it's announced then. I want to be there when it happens, selfishly. Lol ??

I have a request. Please share your insights from their performance.  Who's good, who's bad, etc, etc. 

• Love 4

So finally watched the podcast with Keyra and Selina. Totally changed my mind about Keyra. Loved that she sort of side eyed that obnoxious Courtney girl for complaining about 'bad gifts.' Keyra has spunk. She may be thick and not the 100% best rookie there, but she has personality.

Selina....I dunno. I want to like her but seriously, NOTHING impresses me with her. Not her dance, her look, her attitude, nothing. She was nice, but boring.

Never in a million years if I saw these girls walking down the street would I guess DCC.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I'm going to the game this weekend so I hope it's announced then. I want to be there when it happens, selfishly. Lol ??

Am I the only one who thinks Jenna has a pre-drafted "omg I can't believe I was chosen" paragraph for her Instagram stored in her Notes on her phone in the event she gets the honor? lol

9 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

So finally watched the podcast with Keyra and Selina. Totally changed my mind about Keyra. Loved that she sort of side eyed that obnoxious Courtney girl for complaining about 'bad gifts.' Keyra has spunk. She may be thick and not the 100% best rookie there, but she has personality.

Selina....I dunno. I want to like her but seriously, NOTHING impresses me with her. Not her dance, her look, her attitude, nothing. She was nice, but boring.

Never in a million years if I saw these girls walking down the street would I guess DCC.

I honestly think the only thing she brings is diversity. She's one of the "see! we have women of all ethnic backgrounds" girl on the squad.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I honestly think the only thing she brings is diversity. She's one of the "see! we have women of all ethnic backgrounds" girl on the squad.

I have speculated about this all along in regards to Keyra. She’s got a great personality, but everything else about her is underwhelming and would earn the buzzword critiques (thick, blends, etc.) from K&J that would get any other girl cut. This is why, if she plans to reaudition, it’s highly unlikely she will be cut unless she has an exceptionally bad audition.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Am I the only one who thinks Jenna has a pre-drafted "omg I can't believe I was chosen" paragraph for her Instagram stored in her Notes on her phone in the event she gets the honor? lol

I also think she's been practicing her "OMG I am so shocked!!!" face in the mirror :)

• Love 2

It wouldn’t suprise me if Kelli had Jenna announce the Pro Bowl going to somebody else. Kelli is a little bit stealth that way.

Selina underwhelms me, too. I do like that she actually has an education and a job, but that’s about it. 

Keyra, I don’t think she’s there just as a token black girl (sorry, I have to call it what it is and not hide behind ‘diversity’), but I do think losing so many vets this year and being endorsed by Cersten, Erica, etc. (LSU girls) helped her stay. She does look like she’s improved over the year, too. She holds up the end of that kickline with perfection, and that’s hard to do. 

• Love 8