Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I hear you! Both are very bland. However I do see Tess getting a second leader role potentially, she seems well liked. 

It's not on likability. Bess was a leader and senior vet in her former team the Raiders. The has a lot of field and professional experience 

I don't why i have a gut feeling Christina will not try to re-audition 

Regarding derrieres, they are not all created equal. Shape, fat distribution,  underlying musculature, etc. all factor in, as well as,  size.

People are literally paying good money to have a butt like Keyra's. I actively applaud different body types on the team. Go Kelly!

Keyra has several things going for her those other girls didn't. She went to the right University. Danced on the right dance team in college. Had the right college coach, who is a guest choreographer for the DCC. Her best friend is a favorite of Kelly and Judy. Kitty appears to really love her. And she went to DCC functions with Cersten all last year. The girl was the definition of connected.

Like they say, it's who you know.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, mmm said:

I tend to agree. She's already tried out 5x, and finally got in. She knows she has squeaked by, and nearly got cut throughout training camp. Why risk not making it again, and becoming that girl who tried out 6x and was rejected for 5 of them. 

On the other hand, maybe she will try out again just to prove everyone wrong and cement her status as being worthy of the team and not a one-year "fluke". I would be surprised though... stamina was one of her biggest issues in TC, and judging from the comments by those who have attended the games it still remains an issue. This season must have been really exhausting for her. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Yikes. I forgot she was on the team. Her and Tess don’t usually make it on my mental radar 

Yeah, they're both forgettable even though I actually think Elizabeth is quite good. Tess is just boring to me, but she's never been featured much, so it's possible that I'm just missing something. With that said, if a current 2nd year were to get cut, I wouldn't be shocked if it was her. 

3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I could see Robyn at point as well. I would be happy with all three of them at point, plus Cersten who is really up and front this year. I don't really see them having a Cersten-Robyn-Lacey though.

Yeah, I would be surprised to see Cersten-Robyn-Lacey, but I guess its not totally different from Mia-Jackie-Emma. I wouldn't rule out Maggie as being in the triangle. They seem to really like her. In terms of pure dance, Kelli can make an argument for being in the triangle, but she, similar to Jinelle, can look older than she is, so I don't see it for her. I definitely see Cersten in the triangle thoough. If Kashara leaves and Lacey stays, it wouldn't stun me to see Certen-Lacey-Maggie. What will be really interesting is if Kashara and Lacey retire. I have no idea who would get point then. 

5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't think of it as a real workplace either, but I think you could come up with an analogy for a real work environment as well. Let's say a guy gets in trouble for sexual harassment or something equally as stupid that's not job performance related, and then turns around and askd if he still going to be lead on the next project, employee of the year, etc. It's not going to go over well in whatever environment you are in.

Well, i question if that conversation about "thinking about yourself" even would have occurred if Jenna was James and Kelly and Judy were Kevin and John, but that's for a different conversation lol. However, I agree with the circumstance above going over poorly, but if the guy was the lead on a project or slated to be the lead on a project prior to getting in trouble and it's not been made clear to him whether he will remain/or is still slated to be the lead on the project, then I don't think it would be inappropriate to ask. Disciplinary actions need clarity for the sake of the employee and the protection of employer. I'm honestly not sure that it was originally part of Jenna's punishment that she would lose point. K&J seem like they make up stuff up as they go.  In that case, a simple "the final formation is not set, and you will find out where you are in the formation at the same time as everyone else" would've been fine. The "how dare you think of yourself and ask about point" was just all sorts of ridiculous to me. Jenna of course also shares blame for being on the team for 6 years and not realizing that Kelli would react that way. After that long, she really need to know the people who she works for.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Well, i question if that conversation about "thinking about yourself" even would have occurred if Jenna was James and Kelly and Judy were Kevin and John, but that's for a different conversation lol. However, I agree with the circumstance above going over poorly, but if the guy was the lead on a project or slated to be the lead on a project prior to getting in trouble and it's not been made clear to him whether he will remain/or is still slated to be the lead on the project, then I don't think it would be inappropriate to ask. Disciplinary actions need clarity for the sake of the employee and the protection of employer. I'm honestly not sure that it was originally part of Jenna's punishment that she would lose point. K&J seem like they make up stuff up as they go.  In that case, a simple "the final formation is not set, and you will find out where you are in the formation at the same time as everyone else" would've been fine. The "how dare you think of yourself and ask about point" was just all sorts of ridiculous to me. Jenna of course also shares blame for being on the team for 6 years and not realizing that Kelli would react that way. After that long, she really need to know the people who she works for.

Again, timing (and who you ask) is everything. It probably wasn't made clear in the original conversation because, like you said, it probably wasn't part of the original punishment. Even asking about it probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal if she had gone to Judy or Kelli. I think it was asking Shelly while they were out of town (seen as going behind their backs) that they took umbrage at. Especially since she texted her. Why not just text Judy or Kelli? Nope, wait until they are gone and then ask someone else. THAT was the problem. If one of my employees did that, I would not be happy (even if they had not been in trouble previously) -- if it's something that's under my control/my decision, ask me, not someone else.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Why not just text Judy or Kelli? Nope, wait until they are gone and then ask someone else. THAT was the problem. If one of my employees did that, I would not be happy (even if they had not been in trouble previously) -- if it's something that's under my control/my decision, ask me, not someone else.

If that is what they were mad about, then they should have just said that. That makes sense. Instead, they went down the "stop thinking about yourself, just be happy you're here, you need to need to act like a rookie" etc. angle. It's certainly possible that it got edited out, but based on what we saw, there's nothing that makes me believe that Kelli would've been ok with Jenna asking her specifically about point. I think she took personal offense to Jenna and Holly's actions, and then viewed and treated the situation like a parent dealing with her kid.  

Regardless though, it ultimately water under the bridge. Jenna will be gone next year, and if a similar situation arises again, I'm sure K&J will be able to handle it. Hopefully, differently IMO. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

o not think it was Selina who made the mistake with the quote in Season 9 or 10. I think it was Rose and another finalist.

It was Selina that said that. When asked who said that quote Rose said Uncle Sam when it was JFK. 

4 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Damn I can see this... but I don't like it because that probably means Robin keeps her current spot. 

I think that would totally be unfair. Robin is one of their best dancers right now. While I adore Maggie, I think next year she should get Robin or Cersten's spot and the next, she should get point. From the current squad, only these four (Cersten,Robin,Maggie,Lacey) deserve point and have everything it takes imo.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

What will be really interesting is if Kashara and Lacey retire. I have no idea who would get point then. 

I really think it’ll be Robyn. She’d be a 4th year and is the prettiest performer to watch out of cersten and Maggie, who are both great performers but cersten pulls strange faces and Maggie looks not completely natural and at ease. Robyn makes everything look effortless and powerful. Plus, the fans love to see ethnic diversity in the formation which Robyn can offer, like Mia did 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I really think it’ll be Robyn. She’d be a 4th year and is the prettiest performer to watch out of cersten and Maggie, who are both great performers but cersten pulls strange faces and Maggie looks not completely natural and at ease. Robyn makes everything look effortless and powerful. Plus, the fans love to see ethnic diversity in the formation which Robyn can offer, like Mia did 

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Cersten. They seem to really like her and she’s a great dancer, though I don’t know how her leadership skills are since that’s allegedly such a big deal. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Cersten. They seem to really like her and she’s a great dancer, though I don’t know how her leadership skills are since that’s allegedly such a big deal. 

I think Cersten has a very dated look- her hair especially. She looks a lot older than she is, similarly to Jinelle and Kelli. They’ve never put a less attractive girl as point so I can’t imagine them starting now. Previous points eg. Jenn K, Mia, Whitney, Holly H have all been very beautiful, and I think Robyn falls into this category 

• Love 2
On 12/24/2017 at 3:54 PM, mmm said:

Alexis , Maggie , Savannah & Lexie did the jingle bell rocks dance from mean girls & kelli played the "cool mom". It's really funny watch till the end. 

Lexie reminds me of former DCC Andrea Richards. IMHO, I think she is the one to watch. She is gorgeous and she is a great dancer. I just hope TPTB don't overlook her. That is an easy thing to do with 30+ girls all vying for attention. It makes me wonder if some of them are "one and done's" because they work their asses off and don't get recognized for it.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Why do some of you think KaShara will retire?  She's at the top of her game--seems odd to me to quit just because.

A lot of girls retire after 3 years, and KaShara has nothing left to aim for. She’s a group leader, on show group, point in the triangle and now she’s going to pro bowl. That’s what Jenn K had last year and she retired. No where to improve 

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Lexie reminds me of former DCC Andrea Richards. IMHO, I think she is the one to watch. She is gorgeous and she is a great dancer. I just hope TPTB don't overlook her. That is an easy thing to do with 30+ girls all vying for attention. It makes me wonder if some of them are "one and done's" because they work their asses off and don't get recognized for it.

Yeah, Lexie is one of the rookies who I think has the most potential. I know Kalyssa got an outsized amount of attention during training camp, and while I like her, she still has the look of being an untrained dancer to me. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, Lexie is one of the rookies who I think has the most potential. I know Kalyssa got an outsized amount of attention during training camp, and while I like her, she still has the look of being an untrained dancer to me. 

Lexi and Alexis are two standout rookies in my opinion 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think Lexie is more reserved so she didn't get that much attention, but imo she's much prettier than Kalyssa  and she's a much better dancer. I know Kalyssa brings sex appeal and she has power and stamina, but I honestly can't stand the "i'm sexy and i know it" attitude. I've gone into her Instagram twice and I have no idea how people think Holly's posts make her look self absorbed after seeing Kalyssa's. 

Aaand Lexie is a future point girl for me-or at least part of the triangle. Hope she turns it up next year.

3 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Do fans really care about this? I think they just care about having a hot girl to stare at. I do agree though that Robyn is a strong contender and she will be in the triangle at the very least-unless Cersten gets her spot which is likely given that she was part of the triangle for the HOF game.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

She looks untrained to me, too. Her looks pushed her through. She definitely lacks technique and many, many, other girls were sent home to marinate/refine technique, but were far more advanced than her. But she’s pretty and does the power/hip hop moves well! 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

They do, or at least have done previously, not K and J but the DCC social media’s. They’ve done collages in the past and did video goodbyes for each girl last year, alongside letters on the website. 

Who I want to/predict will retire:

Jenna (humiliated)

Jinelle (5 years is a long time)

KaShara (there’s nothing more to aim for- GL/SG/PB/Point) 

Simone (marriage and weight)

Selina (unattractive and unimpressive)

Tasha (weight)

Christina (predictable vet cut) 

Savannah (predictable vet cut) 

I’d love to see Stephanie and Chantel stay next year to take on some leadership roles.

Swap Selina with Jessika.

15 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I think the group leaders will be: Robin (2), Chantal(3), Heather O.(4), and Lacey(1). 

But I also don’t completely see them picking Lacey for point next year. I love her, though.

Id love to see Maggie get some form of shine this coming year, but I imagine she’ll be a second leader along with Cersten, Stephanie, and maybe Maddie (or Kelli).

I don’t see any one group being stacked like Group 1 was this year.

I think all the rookies will reaudition and make it. Any word on how Christina’s year has gone? I’m still not completely sold.

I think Selina would make it again if she auditioned next year. Something tells me the amount of girls leaving/potentially leaving for other reasons would incline them to keep a few more veterans than they should. I don’t think she’s a bad dancer by any means, she’s just never stood out to me.

How come? I definitely see her as a shoe in unless she sleeps with Jason Garrett or something.

11 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Never understood the appeal of Raylee. Was never a fan and for absolutely no reason. 

Huh?! She's beautiful!!!

10 hours ago, mmm said:

It's not on likability. Bess was a leader and senior vet in her former team the Raiders. The has a lot of field and professional experience 

I think alot of us are under the assumption that she either a) won't reaudition because she FINALLY made the team and lived her dream or b) will reaudition because she loves it so much but will get outshined by everyone else.

8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Whatever Christina does, I have a hard time seeing her making it back.

Christina and Savannah should be worried, they only made it through because of TC vet cuts/resignations. 

19 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Swap Selina With Jessika

Forgot about her! Also Amy L will likely retire to get married 

I wonder who we’ll see reaudition from last years TC cuts? 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Agreed. If ever anyone has seemed like a one and done, it’s her. She kind of reminds me of Emily from season 7 in that regard. I could see her choosing not to audition again.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. If ever anyone has seemed like a one and done, it’s her. She kind of reminds me of Emily from season 7 in that regard. I could see her choosing not to audition again.

I think she’d want to audition again seen as she tried for so long to make the team and seems to really enjoy it, but she’ll be very nervous about being the vet who gets cut at finals. 

Will be interesting to see whether she retires and admits probable defeat or tries for her second year. It all depends on what the talent is like next year- she may make it back if there’s a lack of it. 

She may be like Kelsey last year- I thought she’d get cut at auditions this year and didn’t 

• Love 1
Just now, hannahbanana said:

Yuko will be there if she chooses to be. She has some kind of "in" with someone that seems to guarantee her spot.

I think foreigners are automatically given a leg up. Eg. Jinelle/Angela/Yuko. And don’t forget Colby (yes born in the US but lived in London). How she was ever even considered for training camp I have no idea 

12 hours ago, hypeman said:

Regarding derrieres, they are not all created equal. Shape, fat distribution,  underlying musculature, etc. all factor in, as well as,  size.

People are literally paying good money to have a butt like Keyra's. I actively applaud different body types on the team. Go Kelly!

Keyra has several things going for her those other girls didn't. She went to the right University. Danced on the right dance team in college. Had the right college coach, who is a guest choreographer for the DCC. Her best friend is a favorite of Kelly and Judy. Kitty appears to really love her. And she went to DCC functions with Cersten all last year. The girl was the definition of connected.

Like they say, it's who you know.

It should not matter which college team you danced on, or if your close friend is on the team and a favorite. I do remember Keyra saying she tried out the year before and was cut at semi-finals? due to weight. I also think you are missing my point. There has been girls in the past who were in better shape and better dancers who were cut at finals or in TC for supposedly having a big behind or having a softer mid section, but Keyra comes in and makes the team because she knows Cersten. What happen to the girl has make the team on her own merit. The whole thing reminds me of Stephanie H. from Season 5. Was called out for weight during TC, but she made it because she was Brooke's best friend. She ended up being a one and done girl because Brooke left the squad, and I would not be surprised if she was called out for weight the entire season. Connection is all fine and dandy, but a girl should not be on the team for connections alone.

17 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

And don’t forget Colby (yes born in the US but lived in London). How she was ever even considered for training camp I have no idea 

She wasn't, she only got in because she won the fan vote.

29 minutes ago, Jess14 said:
56 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I guess some of it will depend on how much she wants to go on the calendar shoot.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
Just now, ByTor said:

She wasn't, she only got in because she won the fan vote.

I guess it depends on how much she wants to go on the calendar shoot.

Of course yes I forgot she was fan pick. However she shouldn’t have even made finals- she looked 35, was underweight and plastic. And she wasn’t the first cut of TC which she should have been if she only made TC by the fan vote 

2 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Of course yes I forgot she was fan pick. However she shouldn’t have even made finals- she looked 35, was underweight and plastic. And she wasn’t the first cut of TC which she should have been if she only made TC by the fan vote 

Kelli did not like her at all, I have no idea how she got to finals either.  I guess she was one of those where Kelli got overruled.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I actually thought the last fan vote winner, Jackie (i think that was her name), was nearly as bad as Colby. There was nothing offensive about her, but she was the definition of boring. I felt bad for Colby. She was out of her league but she seemed like a nice person. It was obvious that Kelli did not like her at all.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I’d be shocked if Christina, Yuko or Selina made it back next year. 

Yuko and Selina will be back.

1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

Yuko will be there if she chooses to be. She has some kind of "in" with someone that seems to guarantee her spot.

#truthbomb

54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It should not matter which college team you danced on, or if your close friend is on the team and a favorite. I do remember Keyra saying she tried out the year before and was cut at semi-finals? due to weight. I also think you are missing my point. There has been girls in the past who were in better shape and better dancers who were cut at finals or in TC for supposedly having a big behind or having a softer mid section, but Keyra comes in and makes the team because she knows Cersten. What happen to the girl has make the team on her own merit. The whole thing reminds me of Stephanie H. from Season 5. Was called out for weight during TC, but she made it because she was Brooke's best friend. She ended up being a one and done girl because Brooke left the squad, and I would not be surprised if she was called out for weight the entire season. Connection is all fine and dandy, but a girl should not be on the team for connections alone.

Shouldn't, but does. Over and over in all business, especially DCC.

42 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Kelli did not like her at all, I have no idea how she got to finals either.  I guess she was one of those where Kelli got overruled.

Guaranteed filming drama. Blame CMT for that one. Colby is actually very high fashion pretty and gracious, just not at all DCC material. 

30 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Does anyone have the power to overrule Kelli? She’s the director 

CHARLOTTE.

16 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Really? What is her title? I would have thought the director had the final decision on everything 

Um, owner's daughter, partial owner herself, DC VP and Chief brand officer for entire Cowboys org, not just DCC. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Really? What is her title? I would have thought the director had the final decision on everything 

Exective VP and Chief Brand Officer of Dallas Cowboys organization as well as President of DCC, per her bio page on the Cowboys’ website.  I can’t figure out how to attach the link — sorry. 

14 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

Exective VP and Chief Brand Officer of Dallas Cowboys organization as well as President of DCC, per her bio page on the Cowboys’ website.  I can’t figure out how to attach the link — sorry. 

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/staff/roster/charlotte-jones-anderson

Anderson is the President of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and is responsible for supervising what is considered to be the most prominent organization of its kind in the world.

• Love 1

My predictions:

Jenna/Jinelle - Retire & move back home (really don't want Jinelle to leave though!) :(

Lacey - Stay and be point (and GL 1)

Kashara - Retire and be an active all star (or stay and be point again)

Robin/Bess/Heather O - Stay and be GL's

Amy L - Retire (engaged & running her own studio)

Simone & Khalyn - Retire due to injury (and Simone is engaged)

Stephanie & Chantel - Retire since they have seniority but aren't 2nd leaders (I really hope Stephanie stays though!)

Maggie/Madeline/Tess - Stay and be 2nd leaders

Tasha/Kelli - Stay and be the last 2nd leader (or Cersten if she doesn't retire for medical school)

Kelli & Kelsey - Will only reaudition with each other (same with Tara & Savannah)

Selina/Jessika/Christina - Retire or not make it back

Kalyssa/Miranda - Retire

Keyra - Will reaudition only if Cersten does too

I see the pyramid looking something like this:

Lacey

Cersten           Robin

Maggie         Madeline         Heather

Tasha            Bess                Tess              Kelli

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

My predictions:

Jenna/Jinelle - Retire & move back home :(

Lacey - Stay and be point (and GL 1)

Kashara - Retire and be an active all star

Robin/Bess/Heather O - Stay and be GL's

Amy L - Retire (engaged & running her own studio)

Simone & Khalyn - Retire due to injury (and Simone is engaged)

Stephanie & Chantel - Retire since they have seniority but aren't 2nd leaders

Maggie/Madeline/Tess - Stay and be 2nd leaders

Tasha - Stay and be the last 2nd leader (or Cersten if she doesn't retire for medical school)

Kelli & Kelsey - Will only reaudition with each other (same with Tara & Savannah)

Selina/Jessika/Christina - Retire or not make it back

Kalyssa/Miranda - Retire

Keyra - Will reaudition only if Cersten does too

I see the pyramid looking something like this:

Lacey

Cersten           Robin

Maggie         Madeline         Heather

Tasha            Bess                Tess              Kelli

I think Stephanie and Chantel will stay. Jenna Jessica and Danielle weren’t second leaders their third year, only their fourth and then went on to fifth year first leaders. I imagine Stephanie and Chantel will follow 

I also cannot imagine Tasha as a second leader next year. If Cersten stays it’ll be her, if not her it’ll be Kelli 

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I wonder who we’ll see reaudition from last years TC cuts? 

Refresh my memory; who was cut from TC? 

5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

She wasn't focused on as much this year except with KaShara in Kelli's office and getting called out by Kitty @ TC. Nothing was ever mentioned about her VISA.

Edited by MrsEVH
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I actually thought the last fan vote winner, Jackie (i think that was her name), was nearly as bad as Colby. There was nothing offensive about her, but she was the definition of boring. I felt bad for Colby. She was out of her league but she seemed like a nice person. It was obvious that Kelli did not like her at all.

Kelli DID NOT like Colby or Jackie. I could tell her attitude towards them when they were cut.

• Love 3

I seriously hope Kalyssa isn’t one and done, she’s my favorite rookie (along with Lauren).

Christina dances like she has mono.... she looks exhausted, which is bizarre seeing as she is a group exercise instructor in her spare time. 

• Love 5

Brianna said she wouldn’t be back this year. I doubt Brennan will try again after two years cut. I hope Madeline reauditions, I didn’t understand her cut this year 

12 hours ago, mmm said:

Remind me who is Jackie again ?

Asian looking girl, she reminded me of Jessica 

Edited by Katherine1904