Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

That depends on if Jenna also doesn't get in trouble in this scenario. 

No rule breaks from anyone. 

I imagine:

Jenna 

Lacey      Erica

Holly   KaShara.   Cersten

Maggie  Jinelle  Maddie. Robin

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 3

Wasn’t Holly Arielle point for two years? 

I hope Kashara comes back and is point all over again. The hate on here for her is UNREAL. She is such a sweet girl, and a hard worker. Everyone can think what they want, but damn. She just doesn’t deserve all this hate .

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 19
7 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Yes, as was Mia 

So does your statement that no one should get point for two years when there’s so much talent hold the same for Holly A and Mia???? Or just Kashara? Those years actually had other girls who would’ve rocked point. Jacie cough cough. But I think the talent is really lacking this year, and none of the vets jump out as someone who Point should go to next year. 

I agree that Kashara isn’t as dynamic as Whitney, Crystal, Nicole Hamilton or Mia, but I just don’t think the talent on this years squad is that deep. I’m not a Jenna fan, but she was the obvious best choice. I’ve seen Kashara dance at point a few times in person this season- she did great.  Overall I just think the squads are weaker than they were prior to 2013. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Could just be an unflattering photo. 

A little off topic, but has anyone seen this illustration? It is very creative and super cute, methinks. Done by Caricatures by Matt:

Screenshot_20171228-081909.jpg

I love these!  The artist is really talented.  It is really clear who each of these girls is.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

So does your statement that no one should get point for two years when there’s so much talent hold the same for Holly A and Mia???? Or just Kashara? Those years actually had other girls who would’ve rocked point. Jacie cough cough. But I think the talent is really lacking this year, and none of the vets jump out as someone who Point should go to next year. 

I agree that Kashara isn’t as dynamic as Whitney, Crystal, Nicole Hamilton or Mia, but I just don’t think the talent on this years squad is that deep. I’m not a Jenna fan, but she was the obvious best choice. I’ve seen Kashara dance at point a few times in person this season- she did great.  Overall I just think the squads are weaker than they were prior to 2013. 

Yes it applies to any former and future DCC. On a team of ‘world class’ dancers there should be the opportunity for more than one girl to be centre. Imagine is KaShara decides to stay for 5/6 years and holds point for that amount of time. It would be completely unfair

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Katherine1904 said:

Yes it applies to any former and future DCC. On a team of ‘world class’ dancers there should be the opportunity for more than one girl to be centre. Imagine is KaShara decides to stay for 5/6 years and holds point for that amount of time. It would be completely unfair

That won’t happen. Even if she stays that long, they’ll be someone better who comes along who they’ll promote. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

That won’t happen. Even if she stays that long, they’ll be someone better who comes along who they’ll promote. 

Have they ever demoted a point girl before? I can’t recall that ever happening unless you count Jenna which i do not

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jenna was demoted. No idea if other girls had point girl taken away.

As I said above, I don’t count Jenna. She was never point girl for a Cowboys home game, she was only point at Oxnard. And she was demoted for bad behaviour.

I HIGHLY DOUBT a girl who danced point would be demoted just to make room for another dancer. It would only happen is she broke a major rule, and if KaShara is as great as everyone makes out that isn’t going to happen 

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

So does your statement that no one should get point for two years when there’s so much talent hold the same for Holly A and Mia???? Or just Kashara?

For me, it applies to everyone.  Even in this "weaker" squad (I don't think it is) Robin, Cersten, Jinelle, Maggie, Maddie, Kelli, Heather, Jenna, Stephanie, Amy, Bess, or Lacey could have held their own at point. Basically, all of show group should (and I think can) be point material.

Kashara was fine at point, not mind-blowing, but fine.  If we are using that as the standard (and I'm okay with that), then any of the girls named above get the job done.  That is not a slight against Kashara.  We know she not the best dancer on the squad, but since point also has to be a role model/leader, as well as a competent, fun to watch dancer, they have plenty of those.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Have they ever demoted a point girl before? I can’t recall that ever happening unless you count Jenna which i do not

I’m not sure about demoting, but I know they’ve rotated point before. Sarah Gourley rotated in as Point with someone..... I can’t remember who though. I remember one season going to multiple games and sometimes Nicole Hamilton was point and some games it was someone else. Maybe it was Sarah. I’m old now and have two small kids so my memory isn’t what it was! 

Maybe they gave Kashara pro bowl to get her to move on. Who knows. She’s Point, group leader, show group and pro bowl. I understand everyone’s points that it may be time for her to retire.

2 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I HIGHLY DOUBT a girl who danced point would be demoted just to make room for another dancer. It would only happen is she broke a major rule, and if KaShara is as great as everyone makes out that isn’t going to happen

I agree with you.  If she comes back, she'll be point.

That's part of my problem with DCC.  Once your on show group, you keep it.  You never go backward in the formation.  Maybe that explains some vet cuts.  TPTB (the powers that be) just don't see them moving from the back (and that actually makes sense).  Think Jasmine.

That reality also undermines the idea that this is a meritocracy, where you earn your spot every year.  I think all this chicanery and team politics is why some standouts never make it past year 2.  Think Carissa, Mary, Sasha.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

As I said above, I don’t count Jenna. She was never point girl for a Cowboys home game, she was only point at Oxnard. And she was demoted for bad behaviour.

I don’t think Kashara is the greatest dancer, but I do know that she is a great person, which is why I support her- plus I agree with hypeman that there really isn’t anyone that much better than her on the current squad who deserved point. Now if Nicole Hamilton or Whitney I were passed over by Kashara, yeah. I’d be pissed!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, hypeman said:

For me, it applies to everyone.  Even in this "weaker" squad (I don't think it is) Robin, Cersten, Jinelle, Maggie, Maddie, Kelli, Heather, Jenna, Stephanie, Amy, Bess, or Lacey could have held their own at point. Basically, all of show group should (and I think can) be point material.

Kashara was fine at point, not mind-blowing, but fine.  If we are using that as the standard (and I'm okay with that), then any of the girls named above get the job done.  That is not a slight against Kashara.  We know she not the best dancer on the squad, but since point also has to be a role model/leader, as well as a competent, fun to watch dancer, they have plenty of those.

AMEN 

17 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I’m not sure about demoting, but I know they’ve rotated point before. Sarah Gourley rotated in as Point with someone..... I can’t remember who though. I remember one season going to multiple games and sometimes Nicole Hamilton was point and some games it was someone else. Maybe it was Sarah. I’m old now and have two small kids so my memory isn’t what it was! 

Maybe they gave Kashara pro bowl to get her to move on. Who knows. She’s Point, group leader, show group and pro bowl. I understand everyone’s points that it may be time for her to retire.

I wouldn’t mind KaShara staying if this is what they did! 

15 minutes ago, hypeman said:

That's part of my problem with DCC.  Once your on show group, you keep it.  You never go backward in the formation.  Maybe that explains some vet cuts.  TPTB (the powers that be) just don't see them moving from the back (and that actually makes sense).  Think Jasmine 

I never thought of it like this. Good point! May explain the unusual vet cuts 

On 12/27/2017 at 10:44 AM, Katherine1904 said:

I think foreigners are automatically given a leg up. Eg. Jinelle/Angela/Yuko. And don’t forget Colby (yes born in the US but lived in London). How she was ever even considered for training camp I have no idea 

Colby got in by the fan vote alone.  They seemed to have quit doing them after that...LOL

• Love 2

Sasha left because she wanted to spend more time with her oldest daughter, focus more on her job, and was getting married. Mary was getting married and probably wanted to spend more time with her husband to be, future career options and wedding planning. Carissa may have thought she had enough of being a DCC and just wanted to leave it behind.

Jasmine was not in Show Group. She barely made the team her rookie year. She lucked out because Kelli expanded the team from 34 to 39 girls and five one year vets were cut leading to 10 extra spots. She was a blender, and I never could understand her appeal. The fan vote ended after Jackie won. Colby and Jackie should be grateful for the fan vote otherwise neither one of them would have made it into TC without it.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jenna

Erica    Holly

Lacey 

I could see this. I actually was a bit surprised that they originally had Holly behind Jenna, where she was kind of hidden.

What i would’ve liked to see:

Jenna

Erica.    Holly    Lacey 

Robin                                      Kashara  

If they wanted to break up the brunettes in the triangle, I would switch Kashara with Lacey and leave Holly in the middle.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I 100% don’t think Holly A should’ve been point for 2 years. She was fine and she’s certainly beautiful, but I thought Emma and Jacie were more engaging performers.

I actually thought Mia was only point for 1 year. I thought Whitney was point for 2 years. Who was point during season 6? Allie?

I agree about Kashara as well. I don’t think she’s the best dancer on the team but she’s gets the job done at point. Jenna was rightfully (IMO) point originally, but she lost it due to reasons that are known to everyone. It’s not like they just one day moved her back in the formation. Same for Erica and Holly who could’ve had it but lost their spots due to their own behavior. At that point, you’re down to Lacey and Kashara basically, with an outside shot for Robyn. I think Lacey is best dancer of the 3 and has seniority, but I don’t think she’s that much better to the point where there should be no debate. All 3 are beautiful but in different ways. Kashara has a radiant and joyful quality, especially in her face. I get why they went went with her, even if I may not have. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Katherine1904 said:

As I said above, I don’t count Jenna. She was never point girl for a Cowboys home game, she was only point at Oxnard.

This. I don't count her either. Tested as point with other girl. Never official point. 

I was middle school and sister in high school. I remember Sarah as point for some special performances like that first BCA, but not at games? Nicole rotated with Megan Fox some when they did Loud. Trying to remember if when they switched to Thunderstruck for all openers.

If they gave pro bowl to get people to move on they would've send Sydney and Trisha.

1 hour ago, hypeman said:

That reality also undermines the idea that this is a meritocracy, where you earn your spot every year.  I think all this chicanery and team politics is why some standouts never make it past year 2.  Think Carissa, Mary, Sasha.

YES. I think Carissa and Sasha were just realistic and needed REAL jobs, not playing cheerleader as grown women with bills, and Sasha's kid. Mary was over the BS/politicking and not sucked in the DCC vortex. Jacie was a combo of both.

1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

Colby got in by the fan vote alone.  They seemed to have quit doing them after that...LOL

CMT story arc, bc Colby is a character.

49 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I could see this. I actually was a bit surprised that they originally had Holly behind Jenna, where she was kind of hidden.

What i would’ve liked to see:

Jenna

Erica.    Holly    Lacey 

Robin                                      Kashara  

If they wanted to break up the brunettes in the triangle, I would switch Kashara with Lacey and leave Holly in the middle.

When they spread into lines that spot behind where you have Jenna, where HOlly is, is very visible. Usually goes to a tall girl though and Holly is average.

29 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I 100% don’t think Holly A should’ve been point for 2 years. She was fine and she’s certainly beautiful, but I thought Emma and Jacie were more engaging performers.

I actually thought Mia was only point for 1 year. I thought Whitney was point for 2 years. Who was point during season 6? Allie?

Should've rotated Holly A and Jacie like they tested. 

Allie was NEVER point. THANK GOD. 

Edited by UnicornKicks
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I wonder how hard that is to do. Especially for the intro of Thunderstruck. In terms of learning and retaining new yard lines. I know if I was doing it I’d be there like “1, 2, 3, LINE... wait.. am I point this game? Do I cross be 50? Shit.”?

• Love 2

I wonder if Brennan will reaudition next year? It’s a shame...she could of took Milan’s spot on the team this year. 

I think KaShara will reaudition again next year even though there’s no where else to improve/move up. She still would be a great mentor to newbies on the team! 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I was middle school and sister in high school. I remember Sarah as point for some special performances like that first BCA, but not at games? Nicole rotated with Megan Fox some when they did Loud. Trying to remember if when they switched to Thunderstruck for all openers.

If they gave pro bowl to get people to move on they would've send Sydney and Trisha.

Allie was NEVER point. THANK GOD. 

Yeah, I bet I’m remembering Sarah at point on the field during BCA halftime and some other things. I know I’ve seen her at point on the field. I know back then they rotated and sometimes Nicole wasn’t point, but it all blends together. We are going back ten plus years!

true.... I think Kashara got pro bowl bc she deserved it. I like her....Jenna blew it so you know it wasn’t going to be her. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, hypeman said:

Pretty please, no.  I cannot do another year of the Kashara hype, even if deserved.  My wish is that they never have ANYONE at point two years in a row.  There is too much talent and dedication by multiple team members to not spread the wealth around.   That is my major problem with one lady getting all the accolades.  This is a team.  No one does it alone.  It is a collaborative effort, EVEN if K and J don't like some of the girls.

ROBIN MUST BE IN THE TRIANGLE NEXT YEAR.

Also, I have a real problem with group leaders not being up front.  They're front and center during quarter changes.  If they're good enough to teach the dances and do all matter of heavy lifting for the squad, then they need to be up front.  IMO the front diamond should be the four group leaders, no questions asked.

I'll just let others rip your fourth row to shreds.  We can all dream, though.

I agree with the part that I bolded so much! Why is Jinelle so far back?

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

It depends on if she loves it or not. If she loves being a DCC then she should continue. If she was just doing it to see how many achievements she could reach, then yeah, leave. I get the impression she actually loves what she's doing so there is no reason for her to stop now that she's at the top. Ride the wave.

Well that makes sense as well, but I'm sure JennK loved being a dcc even more and it seems like she retired precisely because she got everything. It just looks a bit like Jenna being too desperate to let go/overstaying her welcome. In this case though I could see it as they definitely need strong leaders and I'm sure they wouldn't let Jenn go anywhere had they've known what would happen this year.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I cannot see Simone near the top of the triangle. She is not a standout and is more of a blender in my opinion. Same thing with Yuko and Savannah.

Plus she's almost always out on an injury so even if she does come back,they wouldn't risk it imo.

2 hours ago, hypeman said:

Madeleine shouldn't even get a spot in the triangle, no matter how cute she is. People were mad Stephanie made it to showgroup,so imagine having her suddenly at point. Having a second year when they still have upper vets to pick from,would also be a bad idea. I think we can agree they're hiding Jinelle. Lacey has never been as powerful as she is this year so yes, when it comes to dcc style, Kashara was better than her at the time they had to pick a new point. In any case, I could see Lacey/Robyn/Maggie/Heather/Cersten as points next year, but I do believe Kashara earned it and deserved it more this year. And I'm still mad we lost Erica.

Does anyone remember whether there has ever been a point girl who didn't get pro bowl?

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm sure they wouldn't let Jenn go anywhere had they've known what would happen this year.

I wonder how many decisions they made early on would have gone differently had they known how this season was going to unfold. It really seems like it was a clusterfuck of a season. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well that makes sense as well, but I'm sure JennK loved being a dcc even more and it seems like she retired precisely because she got everything. It just looks a bit like Jenna being too desperate to let go/overstaying her welcome. In this case though I could see it as they definitely need strong leaders and I'm sure they wouldn't let Jenn go anywhere had they've known what would happen this year.

Plus she's almost always out on an injury so even if she does come back,they wouldn't risk it imo.

Madeleine shouldn't even get a spot in the triangle, no matter how cute she is. People were mad Stephanie made it to showgroup,so imagine having her suddenly at point. Having a second year when they still have upper vets to pick from,would also be a bad idea. I think we can agree they're hiding Jinelle. Lacey has never been as powerful as she is this year so yes, when it comes to dcc style, Kashara was better than her at the time they had to pick a new point. In any case, I could see Lacey/Robyn/Maggie/Heather/Cersten as points next year, but I do believe Kashara earned it and deserved it more this year. And I'm still mad we lost Erica.

Does anyone remember whether there has ever been a point girl who didn't get pro bowl?

Mia was never chosen for probowl

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

I wonder how hard that is to do. Especially for the intro of Thunderstruck. In terms of learning and retaining new yard lines. I know if I was doing it I’d be there like “1, 2, 3, LINE... wait.. am I point this game? Do I cross be 50? Shit.”?

Just switching point and one side of triangle = pretty easy to do at this level of dance. Would be worse to say, have somebody far back and on the other side fill in the triangle. 

Yeah, I bet I’m remembering Sarah at point on the field during BCA halftime and some other things. I know I’ve seen her at point on the field. I know back then they rotated and sometimes Nicole wasn’t point, but it all blends together. We are going back ten plus years!

You might be right. Maybe she was point for sections of the Halloween dance like Lauren Williams, Jacie, maybe Cassie? was?

37 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

JennK retired bc she'd done it all, starting to have to fight weight and talking about having babies. The pressure of being front and center perfection of point takes a toll.

Simone needs to be where she can be replaced bc she's injured so much. 

Madeline is so over hyped and looks like a child. Jenna, Allie, Milan look barely legal in the face, but Maddie looks like middle school all over. It's weird.

Point girl not being pro bowl = Nicole, Jackie Bob, Allie and Britney E were all Pro Bowl and not point. 

• Love 3
On 12/27/2017 at 7:12 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Why do some of you think KaShara will retire?  She's at the top of her game--seems odd to me to quit just because.

I dont tgink she will retire..but to say,she is at the top of "her game"...you mean top of kellis list..

• Love 1
16 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I *think* it's just the zipper, but omg ?

Resized_Screenshot_20171228-021154.jpg

oh wow, agree, that looks terribly uncomfortable.  My personal opinion is the shorts are NOT flattering on most of the girls. 

• Love 4

Now that this sad and emotinal season is finally over...final thoughts

Kashara is the most overrated, overfavored, dcc they have ever had even more than dare i say it!!! CASSIE TRAMMEL...now that is out if the way.

You can tell Jenna was over it at the last home game. Usually the "retiring seniors" take pictures with her group one last time. She and her grouped booked it off the field...I felt for her, she gave her teens and early 20s to this Empire known as Dallas Cowboys.

Jinelle or Lacey not getting Pro Bowl is degrading. ..the only other time i felt like this was when Allie got it. 

You could tell when kashara was annouced at the game it was a half hearted celebration for her from the squad. I totally believe she has become full of herself. When ur on a team and a coach favors you, your whole idea of youself changes either for better or worst. Here its like a doubled ended candle and karma will come back on Kelli and Judy for how they exploited Jenna for views and drama for a show that already has enough stress and emotion. 

Lastly before anyone says anything like jenna broke rules she deserves it.. than explain to me how Tobie Huff has a huge blown up picture at the in-stadium cowboy store still when its known she has pictures out there of her showing herself..yet she stayed and got all the goods of being a dcc and i actually like tobie..i mean whitney embrassed the entire franchise..and she still got to stay around..im pretty sure black face shouldve gotten her the boot. 

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Jenna was demoted. No idea if other girls had point girl taken away.

3 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Jacie was at point at the beginning of her third season than holly ahowed up ther like mid season. I was like the what the what

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I agree about Kashara as well. I don’t think she’s the best dancer on the team but she’s gets the job done at point. Jenna was rightfully (IMO) point originally, but she lost it due to reasons that are known to everyone. It’s not like they just one day moved her back in the formation. Same for Erica and Holly who could’ve had it but lost their spots due to their own behavior. At that point, you’re down to Lacey and Kashara basically, with an outside shot for Robyn. I think Lacey is best dancer of the 3 and has seniority, but I don’t think she’s that much better to the point where there should be no debate. All 3 are beautiful but in different ways. Kashara has a radiant and joyful quality, especially in her face. I get why they went went with her, even if I may not have. 

Allie was never point. I think Mia was only point her last year, Whitney was point for 2 as was Holly (if I'm not mistaken)

1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I wonder if Brennan will reaudition next year? It’s a shame...she could of took Milan’s spot on the team this year. 

I think KaShara will reaudition again next year even though there’s no where else to improve/move up. She still would be a great mentor to newbies on the team! 

I hope Brennan does. As far as KaShara goes, the only other thing for her to get would be VOTY and she would then have had it ALL. I think there was one other DCC who was ROTY, VOTY, Point, GL and PB. I'm trying to remember who...

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

That happens more times than not..so yes.

19 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

Now that this sad and emotinal season is finally over...final thoughts

Kashara is the most overrated, overfavored, dcc they have ever had even more than dare i say it!!! CASSIE TRAMMEL...now that is out if the way.

You can tell Jenna was over it at the last home game. Usually the "retiring seniors" take pictures with her group one last time. She and her grouped booked it off the field...I felt for her, she gave her teens and early 20s to this Empire known as Dallas Cowboys.

Jinelle or Lacey not getting Pro Bowl is degrading. ..the only other time i felt like this was when Allie got it over Brooke i think. 

You could tell when kashara was annouced at the game it was a half hearted celebration for her from the squad. I totally believe she has become full of herself. When ur on a team and a coach favors you, your whole idea of youself changes either for better or worst. Here its like a doubled ended candle and karma will come back on Kelli and Judy for how they exploited Jenna for views and drama for a show that already has enough stress and emotion. 

Lastly before anyone says anything like jenna broke rules she deserves it.. than explain to me hoe Tobie Huff has a huge blown up picture at the in-stadium cowboy store still when its known she has pictures out there of her showing herself..yet she stayed and got all the goods of being a dcc and i actually like tobie..i mean whitney embrassed the entire franchise..and she still got to stay around..im pretty sure black face shouldve gotten her the boot. 

Nah..seemed to me like it was just from Jenna. Everyone else seemed genuinely happy for her..especially since they voted for her (most). I also don't think she is "overrated or overfavored" ..but I understand your opinion is based on the show.

13 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

Jacie was at point at the beginning of her third season than holly ahowed up ther like mid season. I was like the what the what

Not really. She was point during one half time performance...in the middle of the season.

Edited by LadyMsJay
  • Love 4

Is there any other video of KaShara being chosen as PBC?  The one on Twitter just shows her collapsing and crying; no actual announcement. I liked it when they used to do a video of it in the DCC locker room.

26 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Allie was never point. I think Mia was only point her last year, Whitney was point for 2 as was Holly (if I'm not mistaken)

I hope Brennan does. As far as KaShara goes, the only other thing for her to get would be VOTY and she would then have had it ALL. I think there was one other DCC who was ROTY, VOTY, Point, GL and PB. I'm trying to remember who...

That happens more times than not..so yes.

Nah..seemed to me like it was just from Jenna. Everyone else seemed genuinely happy for her..especially since they voted for her (most). I also don't think she is "overrated or overfavored" ..but I understand your opinion is based on the show.

Not really. She was point during one half time performance...in the middle of the season.

Im not talking about the video or pregame call out. im talking about the game..when it was annouced in front of everybody, fans, players yadada...Jennas group was the only one to actually show enthusiasm for her haha. 

Also Jacie was lead all her 3rd season until like mid point like i said..i think though it was because holly was taller so it looked weird.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I thought team vote was just for show, and that management decides who gets PBC.  Therefore, we don't know how anyone voted.

• Love 4

I always thought Jenna stayed for a 6th season for Jinelle. Jinelle was the last of her class, and Jenna was the last one who'd always been there. JMO, of course.

In watching the show, we all form opinions about what's going on, and we form opinions on the girls' reactions and their on-screen/on-the-field personas based on our own emotions and experiences. There will always be standard cattiness when living in close quarters with so many girls, but I think for the most part all the DCCs are hard working, genial women.

Personally, I think Judy and Kelli chose KaShara at point because of her pop, her personality, and her infectious smile. She's obviously a good dancer or she wouldn't have made DCC in the first place. Judy/Kelli have said over and over that there's more expected and considered for those who make DCC than merely dance skill, so I don't get why people are disgruntled or surprised when a decent dancer who has loads of on-screen pop gets put in a prime position like point. I think KaShara has done a good job this season.

Regarding Pro Bowl, was this position voted on by the team? I would have loved for Lacey or even Jenna to have gone, but it looks like the squad spoke. I do think Jenna should have been given another shot at point during the season, but then, I'm not allowed a vote! Lol  But I wish Jenna so much more rewards in the future. She showed a lot of character by sticking out this year of DCC, and I respect her fortitude.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

As far as KaShara goes, the only other thing for her to get would be VOTY and she would then have had it ALL. I think there was one other DCC who was ROTY, VOTY, Point, GL and PB. I'm trying to remember who...

Holly Arielle had it all. Yet she wasn’t asked to be an all star, makes no sense! 

• Love 4

I seem to remember that, in one of her talking heads (or maybe it was just after her cut), Brennan said that she wasn't going to audition again.  I don't blame her.  Going to camp twice then getting cut twice?  There's only three girls I can think of who have had that happen to them: Meagan Flaherty, Brennan, and Kyndall.  If I made it into Training Camp twice and got cut twice, I certainly wouldn't be coming back again.  Someone once said "There's only so much rejection a girl can take" (or something to that effect).

As for KaShara, the vote could have gone any number of ways.  If Lacey is only NOW dialing it up instead of performing at that level the entire time, that's a bit of a red flag and worth sitting down with her about it to see why.  It could be attributed to being shocked into it after seeing three veterans leave in Training Camp (which has rarely if ever happened), but if it occurred after seeing KaShara get point and all this other stuff, it could be seen as an "Oh sh*t!  That could have been ME!" moment.  Depends on how they see Lacey and,her stepping up her game.

Jenna threw herself under the bus and the length of the punishment depends on the exact nature of the infractions, which we don't know about entirely.  We only know what's been said either on the show or on this board.  I tend to think it was more serious than we saw or else Jenna would have been out of the doghouse long since.  I don't think she'll be back for a seventh year.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I seem to remember that, in one of her talking heads (or maybe it was just after her cut), Brennan said that she wasn't going to audition again.  I don't blame her.  Going to camp twice then getting cut twice?  There's only three girls I can think of who have had that happen to them: Meagan Flaherty, Brennan, and Kyndall.  If I made it into Training Camp twice and got cut twice, I certainly wouldn't be coming back again.  Someone once said "There's only so much rejection a girl can take" (or something to that effect).

As for KaShara, the vote could have gone any number of ways.  If Lacey is only NOW dialing it up instead of performing at that level the entire time, that's a bit of a red flag and worth sitting down with her about it to see why.  It could be attributed to being shocked into it after seeing three veterans leave in Training Camp (which has rarely if ever happened), but if it occurred after seeing KaShara get point and all this other stuff, it could be seen as an "Oh sh*t!  That could have been ME!" moment.  Depends on how they see Lacey and,her stepping up her game.

Jenna threw herself under the bus and the length of the punishment depends on the exact nature of the infractions, which we don't know about entirely.  We only know what's been said either on the show or on this board.  I tend to think it was more serious than we saw or else Jenna would have been out of the doghouse long since.  I don't think she'll be back for a seventh year.

There is a lot more to what happen with Jenna. The whole story has not been told on here.

I do not see Lacey stepping up or not stepping up as the reason why she did not get Pro Bowl. KaShara obviously brings something to the DCC plate, gets along well with the girls, and is willing to step up to help the girls out on and off the field.

I do not see what the appeal with Brennan is. She does not stay DCC to me. It did look like Judy was not impressed with her at all. I think it was more Kelli and Charlotte who wanted her in TC for the second time.

11 minutes ago, bringreceipts said:

So what happened?

I promised the person who told me about the Jenna saga I would not spill the beans on here. I trust the person who gave me the whole story, and lets just say it is interesting.

I think the point hate is directly proportional to the advances in social media over the last several years. 

Tobie was the victim of a crime that took place long after she retired from the squad. 

KaShara could dance crop circles around Cassie Trammel. 

• Love 10