Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Also - Madeline couldn’t not annoy me more if she tried. She is trying too hard to be the nerdy, Emma Stone, alternative girl, but she’s not pulling it off. At all. She seems so forced into trying to pull off this personality, instead of just being herself. 

She’s 21. If you told me 14, I’d believe it maturity and appearance wise. I’ll never understand why they chose her. 

I don't think she's trying. I just think she's naturally a question mark. Like, naturally, she is kind of offputting and just...random. IDK. She's a cute girl and all, but she seems out of place and awkward. And I agree..she seems a LOT younger than she actually is. 

15 hours ago, hypeman said:

What are these opinions based upon?  Personal observation at games/appearances? Youtube vids?

I personally think we all have a tendency to glorify earlier times.  And I don't have a problem with that,  Our feelings and opinions don't have to be based on facts (most actually aren't).

This is not meant to be at all confrontational.  I am seriously wondering if I missed something (which is a real possibility).

ETA:  This is a question about how posters arrive at their opinions about the CURRENT SQUAD when they compare them to previous squads.

You didn't miss anything. Views are solely based on observation of the TV show and social media/YouTube. The dances/choreo was mediocre at best..but the girls seemed to stand out more individually.

7 hours ago, Acromantula said:

Someone must have spoken to Shannon. He's been on much better behaviour these last couple of podcasts. Courtney is irritating me more, however. I find her and Shannon really don't have any sort of "vibe" together as interviewers, and they don't play off of each other very well. Courtney's "Tee hee! Can you hear me? I can't hear me! tee hee!" is getting a bit old as well. Someone sign Robyn up stat for this!

..is he? He seems the same to me. No substance, boring, creepy. He doesn't really add anything special to the conversation. The chick is super lame. Like..what is her purpose? She MAYBE asks two social media questions which are the same every week, and she doesn't seem to know much if anything about the girls. I'm guessing she just doesn't watch the show. It would help to do your research before you invite guests.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

The dances/choreo was mediocre at best..but the girls seemed to stand out more individually.

Yeah, they just seemed to have an extra "something" that they don't seem to have anymore.

11 hours ago, Acromantula said:

Especially after hearing that Maddie wasn't told to re-audition, and then she did! That musta taken guts. I'm glad they ended up taking her though. 

Probably the same guts that Brandi Kilby had to come back after being told she looked like a stripper.

Did Kelli /Judy tell Maddie not to come back or just never mentioned it? I can't remember what was said during her cut. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Probably the same guts that Brandi Kilby had to come back after being told she looked like a stripper.

Did Kelli /Judy tell Maddie not to come back or just never mentioned it? I can't remember what was said during her cut. 

Just didn't mention it. 

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, they just seemed to have an extra "something" that they don't seem to have anymore.

I think it helps that social media wasn't as big in the early years, so we didn't get a 24/7 update of information.  There was a little bit more mystique and judgement based on just what we saw on the show and vague rumors.  Now we can look at instagram and make an immediate judgement call.  There's a little less sparkle once you get a certain amount of access.

• Love 6

On the podcast Lexie mentioned she has a new job as an assistant at a real estate company.  Could it be the same one that Jordan Baum's ex-husband owns where a lot of former DCCs work?  Her DCC bio and when she was featured in MTT both said she was a medical scribe. I'm guessing their everyday jobs just don't work with the DCC schedule.

Maddie didn't mention that she auditioned for the Laker Girls after being cut from TC.

When I think of how immature Madeline was the first time she made TC, what she is now is night and day.

The first time, her voice sounded like a little girl's and she was quick to tears. She was so focused on getting everything right and proving that all the hype around her was authentic, it swept her away. She really was too young at that time. And being away from home for the first time, that certainly played into it.

I was so impressed that she came back more polished and more comfortable in her own skin. No, she's not super sexy or a stellar speaker but not all girls her age are. She seems like a sassy sporty young lady who loves dancing and it comes through more each year. Is she the best dancer on the team? Heck no. But she's by far not the worst and has her own sparkle. I'm glad there are girls like her on the team who aren't model perfect and have some uniqueness to them.

We all have our favorites. Maddie's definitely one of mine.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

I was so impressed that she came back more polished and more comfortable in her own skin. No, she's not super sexy or a stellar speaker but not all girls her age are. She seems like a sassy sporty young lady who loves dancing and it comes through more each year. Is she the best dancer on the team? Heck no. But she's by far not the worst and has her own sparkle. I'm glad there are girls like her on the team who aren't model perfect and have some uniqueness to them.

We all have our favorites. Maddie's definitely one of mine.

She should see this post. I love it! ❤️❤️

I see nothing wrong with the girls visiting the troops and their families instead of performing. The point of the USO tour is to show support for our troops and families in other countries and domestic bases. They can do this without performing or shaking their cash and prizes in front of the troops.

16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I see nothing wrong with the girls visiting the troops and their families instead of performing. The point of the USO tour is to show support for our troops and families in other countries and domestic bases. They can do this without performing or shaking their cash and prizes in front of the troops.

I agree.  To me, the ones who are the best ambassadors should be the ones representing the organization.  I know they say show group is about them being good dancers & reliable ambassadors, but some who aren't necessarily the top dancers are excellent ambassadors, so it really doesn't seem fair that they should stay back.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They used to do both.

• Love 3
On 12/11/2017 at 7:58 PM, bigskygirl said:

Jenna broke the rules by dating and partying with at least one player. I call total bs on her being called out for not telling on Holly or telling Holly naughty, naughty you bad girl you are breaking the rules and making me look like a bad leader. Jenna was not happy about not going to Canton and wanted to know if she would get point girl back. Really.. I be more concerned about the fact you broke the rules, got caught, and how to earn the trust of Kelli and Judy. I think the reason why she was not cut was the fact Holly left, Erica was cut, and they were hurting for leadership and more talented dancers with experience since they lost Megan, Amy and Jennifer. Personally, I think Jenna should have been shown the door for her actions.

What happened with Whitney and Holly are two completely different incidents compared to Jenna. Whitney was not breaking the rules when her incident happened. She made a bad mistake, but I bet she did not act like her leadership abilities were questioned or tested instead of admitting she made a bad mistake and learned from it.

Savannah and Christina would not be allowed to be chosen for Pro Bowl because only vets with two or more years are allowed to be chosen.

During the podcast, Jenna said she has a boyfriend and they have been together for a while.  If she’s been fooling around with a player, where was the boyfriend?  She a cheater too?

1 hour ago, MssdDrms said:

During the podcast, Jenna said she has a boyfriend and they have been together for a while.  If she’s been fooling around with a player, where was the boyfriend?  She a cheater too?

Boyfriend appeared this summer. 

• Love 2

They would usually visit for a week and perform on the last night. If you watch any the videos of them performing online , That's the most excited audience i have ever heard in my life !! 

• Love 1
On 12/14/2017 at 5:24 AM, DCCFanInKy said:

In case of injuries is what I heard on this board when they first stopped doing it.

It seems like they're still doing USO tours every year, just to different areas and bases (which I think is awesome).  But this comment makes me wonder what they did when Cassie re-injured her knee during the USO tour in Korea.  Did she have to wait until returning to Dallas to receive medical care?  Otherwise, I'm sure they would have to send the girls to local medical facilities for treatment in case of injury (they would not be authorized for treatment in military facilities).

11 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

But this comment makes me wonder what they did when Cassie re-injured her knee during the USO tour in Korea.  Did she have to wait until returning to Dallas to receive medical care?  

I shouldn't think so. Isn't that what traveller's health insurance is for? Especially with an athletic, performing team, I would think they would be very careful to ensure they have adequate insurance coverage, etc. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

I shouldn't think so. Isn't that what traveller's health insurance is for? Especially with an athletic, performing team, I would think they would be very careful to ensure they have adequate insurance coverage, etc. 

This. Plus they go to big bases with plenty of resources to take care of emergency injuries. They might not get PT 2x a day but nobody is going to let a broken bone just sit there or whatever. Overthinking this again.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

She got a boyfriend after the player relation rumors died down. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

It seems like they're still doing USO tours every year, just to different areas and bases (which I think is awesome).  But this comment makes me wonder what they did when Cassie re-injured her knee during the USO tour in Korea.  Did she have to wait until returning to Dallas to receive medical care?  Otherwise, I'm sure they would have to send the girls to local medical facilities for treatment in case of injury (they would not be authorized for treatment in military facilities).

They were in South Korea which is one of the most advanced countries in the world. I think if she didn't go a hospital there that would a super dumb and ignorant behaviour which is a something i total expect from Cassie. I wouldn't be surprised if she refused to go a hospital there like an idiot.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

This. Plus they go to big bases with plenty of resources to take care of emergency injuries. They might not get PT 2x a day but nobody is going to let a broken bone just sit there or whatever. Overthinking this again.

Not overthinking - genuinely curious, especially in light of people saying the USO tours were a no-go due to risk of injury.  Every time we've seen an injury on the show, they go to the Cowboys doctor for treatment and was curious what they did overseas, especially with Cassie and her bum knee.  I have no doubt they would seek treatment for the girls (again, not at the military facilities but at the local civilian hospitals), but I wondered if they just provided basic emergency services until they could seek more in-depth treatment from the Cowboys doctor in Dallas.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
Added info
6 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Not overthinking - genuinely curious, especially in light of people saying the USO tours were a no-go due to risk of injury.  Every time we've seen an injury on the show, they go to the Cowboys doctor for treatment and was curious what they did overseas, especially with Cassie and her bum knee.  I have no doubt they would seek treatment for the girls (again, not at the military facilities but at the local civilian hospitals), but I wondered if they just provided basic emergency services until they could seek more in-depth treatment from the Cowboys doctor in Dallas.

Now you have me curious.  Did a medical professional travel with them?  Although it does seem like it would be out of their budget to do this.

7 hours ago, mmm said:

They were in South Korea which is one of the most advanced countries in the world. I think if she didn't go a hospital there that would a super dumb and ignorant behaviour which is a something i total expect from Cassie. I wouldn't be surprised if she refused to go a hospital there like an idiot.  

With her knee  in a wrap all season she shouldn't have even been on the tour.  Also, rehab matters.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cashandprizes said:

With her knee  in a wrap all season she shouldn't have even been on the tour.  Also, rehab matters.

100 %, they also had to get around her not able to do the jump split. They wouldn't do that for any other girl.

• Love 5
On 12/15/2017 at 8:03 PM, MssdDrms said:

Is this referring to the DCC/Cowboys pdocast or a personal podcast that Jenna has? I have not listened to or watched any of the podcasts, but is this a recurring line of questioning - to ask about the cheerleaders' romantic relationships that are unrelated to work? That's interesting.  

• Love 2

I normally just lurk as I don't have much inside info to add, but I have been a long time reader of these forums!

However, a close friend went to the prep class yesterday and shared a few things that I thought I would pass along! This wasn't her first class, but she had a few more things to share than normal.

Jinelle is really genuinely nice. She was super encouraging to all the girls. Relatively quiet, but you could see she loves her role as a DCC. My friend mentioned how skinny she is as well. 

Kashara really likes, well, Kashara. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You could tell she thinks very highly of herself. She also struggled teaching the dance. Some people are natural dance teachers, and she is not. In contrast, Heather O and Maddie were excellent teachers when they helped host a class. 

Victoria (Tina's daughter), also thinks very very highly of herself-borders on arrogance. Part of it could just be her age, but I think it will be very very interesting to see how that situation plays out. In the videos of her I've seen, she doesn't impress me, but what do know. 

Oh, and Shelly was nice, provided some good info. Met a couple girls from the show from last season-Madeline and Titans Brianna (sp?)-who were both sweet to her, and a couple TLD dancers. Nothing earth shattering, but I always love reading your info so I thought i would pass along!

• Love 19
1 hour ago, dccfan321 said:

Kashara really likes, well, Kashara. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You could tell she thinks very highly of herself. She also struggled teaching the dance. Some people are natural dance teachers, and she is not. In contrast, Heather O and Maddie were excellent teachers when they helped host a class. 

Victoria (Tina's daughter), also thinks very very highly of herself-borders on arrogance. Part of it could just be her age, but I think it will be very very interesting to see how that situation plays out. In the videos of her I've seen, she doesn't impress me, but what do know. 

If it's Okay, Can u give some details on they were doing to make them seem that way! 

No offense, but if Group 4 sucks, we cannot expect KaShara to take all the blame for it. Kelli and Judy were the ones who pick the girls for each group. If the girls are bad, they should not have been picked for the squad. In my opinion, I think the majority of the squad is not top speed this year. There are more lemons than stand outs the last two years.

14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

The military facility would just bill their private insurance and treat on base. It is rare that they allow civilians to be treated on base, but a USO performer needing medical care would fall into one of those rare cases. They could also have gone off base, but it would have been their choice. Rules vary greatly from CONUS to OCONUS stations, but each peformance should have had a medical person or group at the event to treat any injuries---including those attending the performances. It's not different than a firefighter/ems crew being present at a civilian concert or fair. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Exactly. Just like most other people who travel for work. Usually get emergency stuff dealt with abroad and then anything non emergency at home. 

13 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

Jinelle- Gave realistic, reasonable suggestions for how to prepare for auditions/better kicks/etc. My friend said she is actually really pretty in person.

Kashara- Did not miss a moment to stare at herself in the mirror. There was an air of superiority as opposed to Jinelle who was very humble. When teaching, she struggled counting and couldn't really break things down. If I recall correctly, she has a cheer background and not a dance background, so that may have played into it.  But teaching is not her strong point. It's kinda like when you are singing a song when you only know the chorus. You sing the chorus really loud and proud, but you mumble through the rest and hope no one notices you have no idea what you are saying. She shuffled through teaching choreo she didn't feel comfortable with and was loud and proud with the other parts.

Victoria- Was telling other girls what they should do to dance bigger/better. Would practically run you over to get to the front of the line or the front row.

You are TOO funny. I have never been her biggest fan, but I did not have any first hand knowledge to back it up. But I should always trust my intuition! 

I do not expect her to take all the blame. However, I do expect her to be able to raise the performance level of her group throughout the season and I have not seen that-that's what leaders in all facets of life are expected to do. I do agree with you in regards to a majority of the squad this year is lacking. There seem to be very few sparks. Especially with the rookies and second years.

Darn! You told on me! Just because my singing caused a few sheriff deputies to come to my house because the neighbors were complaining about the noise errr... my singing, and I had to call the vet for advice on how to calm my cats down after I peeled them off the ceiling, and a few dogs were howling for hours does not mean I am a bad singer.

Victoria sounds like rookie Gina. Hmmm... I am disappointed about KaShara. I was rooting for her this year. Oh well!!! The squad is not having a good year. Sigh... Bring me back the squads from Season 2 to 5.

4 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Kashara really likes, well, Kashara.

Doesn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, dccfan321 said:

Victoria- [snip] Would practically run you over to get to the front of the line or the front row.

REALLY doesn't surprise me.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

I normally just lurk as I don't have much inside info to add, but I have been a long time reader of these forums!

However, a close friend went to the prep class yesterday and shared a few things that I thought I would pass along! This wasn't her first class, but she had a few more things to share than normal.

Jinelle is really genuinely nice. She was super encouraging to all the girls. Relatively quiet, but you could see she loves her role as a DCC. My friend mentioned how skinny she is as well. 

Oh, and Shelly was nice, provided some good info. Met a couple girls from the show from last season-Madeline and Titans Brianna (sp?)-who were both sweet to her, and a couple TLD dancers. Nothing earth shattering, but I always love reading your info so I thought i would pass along!

Thanks for the info. Which one is Madeline again? For some reason, I can't picture her. Is she the one who didn't know what a cowlick was? 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Which one is Madeline again? For some reason, I can't picture her. Is she the one who didn't know what a cowlick was? 

I'm not sure about the cowlick thing, but she is the one who had to suffer her way on an air mattress.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Is this referring to the DCC/Cowboys pdocast or a personal podcast that Jenna has? I have not listened to or watched any of the podcasts, but is this a recurring line of questioning - to ask about the cheerleaders' romantic relationships that are unrelated to work? That's interesting.  

Yes, it was during the podcast with Shannon and what’s-her-name.  I thought it was a little none of anyone business too, but he asked Jinelle and KaShara about their boyfriend situation too.   

17 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Yes, it was during the podcast with Shannon and what’s-her-name.  I thought it was a little none of anyone business too, but he asked Jinelle and KaShara about their boyfriend situation too.   

Yeah, I gather that it's a pretty light-hearted conversation where they talk about a good number of non-work related topics, but outside of any of the cheerleaders being involved in a high profile relationship (ex: dating a famous actor or a situation like with Kelsey R. where her football player boyfriend gave her the ball during the game), it just seems that a topic that shouldn't be brought up. Who knows though, maybe the cheerleaders don't mind it at all. 

Edited by Jess14
clarity as to which Kelsey I was referring to
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Looked back several pages and didn’t see this — what’s the name of the podcast that several posters have mentioned? Thanks!

“These Boots are Made for Talkin!”.  You can watch/listen on the DCC Facebook page, Mondays at 2:30 pm.

Edited to add you can see the older episodes on the DCC Facebook still; just scroll down through the feed and you should find them pretty easily. 

Edited by Spooky
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Spooky said:

“These Boots are Made for Talkin!”.  You can watch/listen on the DCC Facebook page, Mondays at 2:30 pm.

Edited to add you can see the older episodes on the DCC Facebook still; just scroll down through the feed and you should find them pretty easily. 

Also on the DCC website.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm not sure about the cowlick thing, but she is the one who had to suffer her way on an air mattress.

Wasn't Molly the cowlick girl?

5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

The military facility would just bill their private insurance and treat on base. It is rare that they allow civilians to be treated on base, but a USO performer needing medical care would fall into one of those rare cases. They could also have gone off base, but it would have been their choice. Rules vary greatly from CONUS to OCONUS stations, but each peformance should have had a medical person or group at the event to treat any injuries---including those attending the performances. It's not different than a firefighter/ems crew being present at a civilian concert or fair. 

THANK YOU. 

Kashara has a degree in physical education, but she can't teach a prep class? Geez

• Love 1
9 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

Kashara really likes, well, Kashara. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You could tell she thinks very highly of herself. She also struggled teaching the dance. Some people are natural dance teachers, and she is not.

Thank you for your post.  It was very informative.  I really appreciate your wit and sarcasm.  This kept me laughing all afternoon.

I really appreciate that your friend's opinions were formed on direct observation and not based on what's shown on air because the show is so staged and heavily edited, Nor do they seem to be based on any personal like or dislike of any of the young ladies.

I try to form my opinions about the girl's dancing based what's posted online, because the show is so invested in story lines that they seem to take a lot of liberties with their edits. 

From what I've seen from the routines posted, Kashara is the weakest of the group leaders, and has the weakest group.  Therefore, it comes as no surprise that her teaching skills are not up to par teaching wise.  That is all.

Keep up the good reporting work.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 5