Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, kary said:

So sad to me that Shelly is charging $50 for each class.  Shelly knows the wannabee's will pay her anything for a chance to be a DCC.  It seems to be a moneymaker for Shelly but so unfair to the girls that take the class since a lot of them don't have jobs that pay that well.  

If that is the going rate for DCC classes then I don't see what the problem is.  It is someone's choice to take one class or every single one they offer up until May.  Maybe they signed up to take one class now and one later or it was a gift from someone.  You make it seem like Shelly opened a studio in her basement to hijack desperate women with inflated prices.  It seems a little angry, like someone who took a class and then didn't get into TC

• Love 6
On 10/13/2017 at 10:49 AM, mmm said:

Doesn't she remind with someone you went to high school with or worked with. She fits an annoying archetype.  

..maybe Jenn K is me because I can't think of anyone (lol)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Unpopular opinion...I love Christina. I admire her determination. I'm so glad she made the team and I've said this before...I hope she has longevity as a DCC. 

I'm torn on this. I like her look and determination. She seems mature and not like she is whining and crying to be on the team. She takes corrections well and puts in the effort to fix. But, at the same time.. there is very little flattering footage of her. The kicks are low, splits are tight and she doesn't have as much pop as some other rookies. I'm tempted to think that all the vet drama has shifted K&J focus, or they know they just need a complete team at this point.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

I'm torn on this. I like her look and determination. She seems mature and not like she is whining and crying to be on the team. She takes corrections well and puts in the effort to fix. But, at the same time.. there is very little flattering footage of her. The kicks are low, splits are tight and she doesn't have as much pop as some other rookies. I'm tempted to think that all the vet drama has shifted K&J focus, or they know they just need a complete team at this point.

I appreciate your view on it. We do only see a tiny fraction of their dancing and most of the time it's them making corrections. :)

• Love 1

Shannon was a lot better in this weeks podcast, seemed interested in the conversation. He got called out for it on instagram last week  ?

interesting bits so far:

The Halloween party was at Maggie/Heather/and Tess’ House 

Lacey and Maddie went as DCC security guards. 

Mentioned an appearance this past weekend for Lularoe. If they ever considered extending the season even further I’d love to see different types of appearances they do. 

Robin and Lacey live together this year. 

Kashara apparently doesn’t sleep. 

Lacey said she’s 50/50 on returning. Shannon said he’s going to ask every episode (thank you Shannon I actually want to know this!) Maggie didn’t quite answer, only mentioned the audition process and yada yada. She did say it’s harder to decide because she’s from California. 

And most exciting, they’re considering making the podcast an hour long  

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 4

Tuned in to These Boots are made for Talkin' and it was considerably better.  No talking about getting drunk or Shannon acting bored and looking at his phone.  Lots of different questions and answered part of one I had submitted. Both were well spoken and appropriate.  The time sped by quicker this time.

I am dyinnnnng at the Lacey/Robin mouse story ?????

Lacey: AHHHHHH!!!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!

Robin: oh looks it’s a mouse.

I finally admit it, today turned me solidly into a Lacey fan. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-official-dcc-podcast/id1296877044?mt=2

the Show should be called “These Boots Are Made For Talking” but it’s under “The Offical DCC podcast” which is slightly confusing. Lol

Edited by tajalexander
Added iTunes podcast link

Lacey was charming and very well-spoken in the Podcast, I was really impressed with her personality. And of course both she and Maggie looked beautiful. Maggie was a little more quiet but I think she was letting Lacey as the more senior vet take control. Maggie seems to have a fun loving personality.

I enjoyed the stories about the Halloween party and Robyn and the mouse, it’s fun to hear more about them. I guess Yuko is more fun than I would have thought if she dressed like a dancing hot dog and danced around all night. Kashara and the KFC was really funny.

Shannon came off much better, it seemed like he actually wanted to be there this time. The whole thing was much more pleasant to listen to and watch. My only complaint is I wish they answered more questions, I don’t understand why they don’t seem to be able to find more to ask when you know people post and tweet a bunch of them. 

10 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

My only complaint is I wish they answered more questions, I don’t understand why they don’t seem to be able to find more to ask when you know people post and tweet a bunch of them. 

I sorta wish they would play a game with the girls like they sorta do with guests on the radio. Maybe like... high school superlatives for girls on the team? 

But not the regular ones. I’m talking:

most likely to walk into a sliding glass door

best laugh

most likely to audition for a Beyoncé music video

Stuff like that

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 1

I liked hearing about the sideline dances and how the group leader starts that off.  That is the kind of stuff I wish they would show on MTT.

I thought it was kind of sad though, when Lacey said that she was last one standing for the 4 years, Jinelle is the only 5 year and Jenna is the only 6 year.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1

Maggie and Lacey are two of my favorites, and they didn't disappoint! They were both funny and down to earth. Loved hearing about their roommates and the Halloween party. I hope Lacey does at least one more year, and Maggie sticks around for several years.

• Love 1
On 10/12/2017 at 2:29 PM, mmm said:

I am not sure if this have been said before but I hate Jen K, she's beyond OVERRATED , overrated doesn't even come close to describing her . I think she's average at best and her pom dancing was super s****** and her facials were INSANE.(I use to run this DCC photo blog and I was doing retirement segment the year Emma retired I had to edit all Emma's photos bec Jen was behind her facing horrible faces). She's the worst point ever IMO since i started following DCC. I think she's a teacher pet and that annoying teacher pet who asks for more homework and stitches on her friends. Honestly, I don't know who she's related to but I think any other team she wouldn't have even made it. I totally boycott DCC last year after i found out she's the point and only came back after I found out she's leaving. Good riddance !!!!

UGh, Rant over (I have more but i trying not to be super mean)

I don’t hate her, but I totally know what you mean. She’s a rockstar- a rockstar at kissing ass and playing the game. And that’s what they love. Kelli and Judy don’t know these girls. The girls get zero personal interaction with them. So when they’re all together with Kelli and Judy, you’ve got 3/4 of the squad too intimidated to initiate at conversation, and you’ve got the Hollys and Jenn Ks of the world ready to pounce, kiss ass, and make sure they are front and center. Jenn K has pageant skills or PR skills or whatever you want to call it, and she worked it while the rest of them hung back with stars in their eyes scared of making a false move. Confidence got her way farther than any super special quality.

• Love 4
On 10/13/2017 at 11:59 PM, woodscommaelle said:

I find Kelsey annoying. She reminds me of Brittney Schram, who also annoyed me.

Agree that Brittany Schram was annoying but not Kelsey, she's my girl crush lol

• Love 3
On 10/15/2017 at 7:15 PM, sleepyjean said:

I wonder if this is meant to be original choreography. I've seen a lot of these moves before. It's kind of weird that she would throw in that one move they use when they're heading out on the field for pregame, the one where they're marching in place for a few counts with one and on the hip and the other punches out at a low angle, then back to the hip, out and back tot the hip. That's an odd-looking move without poms.

I guess it doesn't really matter if it's recycled moves, since it's pro prep class. You might as well do the same moves as the "real" cheerleaders, LOL.

Is that Madeline in the back left?

11 hours ago, SunshineSally said:

She’s a rockstar- a rockstar at kissing ass and playing the game. And that’s what they love.

Based on nothing concrete, I can't shake the feeling that Jinelle is this way too.  

• Love 5
On 8/20/2017 at 4:40 PM, missmansfield said:

RAMPANT nepotism!  I absolutely HATE nepotism.

I think getting her to finals was a gift. It looked like she didn't prepare like a lot of the serious contenders do and (I hate to say it but) she looked heavy. I wonder why her weight wasn't discussed.

On 8/27/2017 at 8:11 PM, healthnut said:

Someone pointed this out on Facebook from the Indy preseason game. Too early Christina. 

IMG_0233.JPG

7th from the right isn't looking good either.

On 9/12/2017 at 10:51 PM, EricaShadows said:

I can't believe she's still moving around with five bulging discs in her neck/back, not to mention the muscle tear.  The pain must be incredible!  Well, this is probably why she's not with the team anymore (at least for now).  It's definitely a season ending injury before the season even began.  With the other injuries we've seen, if they happened during the season (Brook's is the only one I can think of and MAYBE Cassie's), the girls could still attend rehearsals and games even if they weren't dancing.  If the injuries happen in Training Camp, the girls are usually dismissed.  I don't know if this applies to Veterans, but it could.

Hair whipping for three years could explain it. . . maybe.  I hope a medical expert can chime in here, but I don't believe it.  There have been too many girls who've made it through Training Camp and through numerous performances and yet, they've never mentioned have bulging discs in their necks/back.   We've been told knees have blown out, tendons/ligaments snap, but they've been mainly leg injuries.  I'm fairly certain that someone would have mentioned neck/back issues by now if it was such a prominent issue.

Everyone is different. Some girls might be making the pain with pain medication. Who knows? I remember seeing Hannah in a neck brace and sat out some games.

Brooke's injury was during Season 2 TC during a show group performance practice. Another girl went into the jump split too early or too late causing the injury to Brooke's knee. She was out for a while due to surgery and physical therapy, but she came back in late October or early December to the squad. I am sure Erica would have been with the squad unless her injuries were too severe to even try performing or going on appearances during the regular football season. Usually an injured veteran goes to the home games and practices unless they get a note from a doctor saying it is not safe to do so. I also do not think Judy and Kelli would cut a veteran for injuries unless the doctors say surgery and long term rehab sessions are needed. Also, I am sure they would be showing a vet leaving the squad because of injuries on the show and would have mention it by now in one of the episodes.

14 hours ago, SunshineSally said:

I don’t hate her, but I totally know what you mean. She’s a rockstar- a rockstar at kissing ass and playing the game. And that’s what they love. Kelli and Judy don’t know these girls. The girls get zero personal interaction with them. So when they’re all together with Kelli and Judy, you’ve got 3/4 of the squad too intimidated to initiate at conversation, and you’ve got the Hollys and Jenn Ks of the world ready to pounce, kiss ass, and make sure they are front and center. Jenn K has pageant skills or PR skills or whatever you want to call it, and she worked it while the rest of them hung back with stars in their eyes scared of making a false move. Confidence got her way farther than any super special quality.

I believe Jenn K was in the DCC sphere quite early on, like in grade school.  For some reason I think she was a DCC junior? or something & just continued on up until her audition.  Not sure of the details but she has been starring in the  DCC curriculum for a long time.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/dccheerleaders/status/814228748144873473

Edited by Jazzmom
Link
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, Collette1104 said:

This seems like the right place to post this.... I want to make a playlist of the songs the DCC dance to for running motivation.  I've got Thunderstruck, and fireball (even though that song drives me crazy), and Loud, but now I'm watching videos and trying to shazam the songs and it's taking forever.  What's your favorite song the girls dance to so i can add it to my list??

This is a late reply to your post but I always liked Timber by Pitbull/Kesha

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Based on nothing concrete, I can't shake the feeling that Jinelle is this way too.  

For Jinelle, I think she is just older and mature. Very positive energy from the beginning. Wasn't she 26 or 27 when she first tried out. 

• Love 1
On 10/15/2017 at 0:30 PM, Cappuccinagina said:

Jenn K was not my ideal point and her facials annoyed me to (very open mouth)

I hate an open mouth dancer. Or a furrowed lip. And of course a sickled foot. Jenn K does two of these three.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Brooke's injury was during Season 2 TC during a show group performance practice. Another girl went into the jump split too early or too late causing the injury to Brooke's knee. She was out for a while due to surgery and physical therapy, but she came back in late October or early December to the squad. I am sure Erica would have been with the squad unless her injuries were too severe to even try performing or going on appearances during the regular football season. Usually an injured veteran goes to the home games and practices unless they get a note from a doctor saying it is not safe to do so. I also do not think Judy and Kelli would cut a veteran for injuries unless the doctors say surgery and long term rehab sessions are needed. Also, I am sure they would be showing a vet leaving the squad because of injuries on the show and would have mention it by now in one of the episodes.

Wasn't it Season 5 where Jordan C, Brittney E and Ally were all injured at the same time?  And Sarah G had an ACL tear but she remained on the squad.   I think that was during her 4th year.

25 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wasn't it Season 5 where Jordan C, Brittney E and Ally were all injured at the same time?  And Sarah G had an ACL tear but she remained on the squad.   I think that was during her 4th year.

Yes the three girls were injured at the same time because I remember Ally had to changed her group around because of her injury. I do not remember Sarah G's injury. I do remember Kandi Harris being injured at the start of TC in Season 3.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:11 PM, missmansfield said:

Shelley has every right to charge for classes, especially considering it is DCC. I am amazed it is not more expensive! Why should she do it for free??

I take knitting classes that are at least $50 and you have to buy all your own materials. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

For Jinelle, I think she is just older and mature. Very positive energy from the beginning. Wasn't she 26 or 27 when she first tried out. 

Yeah it must be hard for the older girls sometimes. That's why people like Jinelle, Bess, Tasha, Christina stick together.

I actually feel like DCC isn't as close knit as it once was. Yeah there are still small groups of friends like Maggie, Heather, Tess etc etc but when I look at the retired girls like Holly, Kelsey, Roni, Nicole, Angela, Katy and their large group.  They were so tight knit. We used to see so many photos on social media alllll the time before games in the locker rooms, hanging out. It's just not the same anymore. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

The more I hear Jinelle talk, the more I like her. ?Personality-wise, she is a favorite of mine. 

• Love 7
On 10/17/2017 at 11:48 AM, tajalexander said:

I hate an open mouth dancer. Or a furrowed lip. And of course a sickled foot. Jenn K does two of these three.

I don't know what a furrrowed lip is, but she's for sure got a furrowed brow. From the nose up, she looks anxious.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't know what a furrrowed lip is, but she's for sure got a furrowed brow. From the nose up, she looks anxious.

At :07 the “shout it out” lip that Jenn K does. That ”oh look I’m doing a hip hop move” lip that some of them do when they dance. Maddie does it too and it’s irksome lol nobody will probably even see what I’m talking about ? I know what face they think they are going for, but miss the mark. 

Also: the camera loves Jenna.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

At :07 the “shout it out” lip that Jenn K does. That ”oh look I’m doing a hip hop move” lip that some of them do when they dance. Maddie does it too and it’s irksome lol nobody will probably even see what I’m talking about ? I know what face they think they are going for, but miss the mark. 

I definitely see what you're talking about, but it doesn't bother me as much. I guess it's pretty unpopular on this thread, but I love Jenn!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, tajalexander said:

The floor looks slick in that video. It kinda lookes like everyone was trying not to fall.  Also, I can’t decide if I prefer Jenna with the brown highlights/ombré look or without....hmmm

On 10/15/2017 at 7:30 PM, Cappuccinagina said:

Jenn K was not my ideal point and her facials annoyed me too (very open mouth). This is why I can’t get on the Meghan C. love wagon- her facials looked fake (someone has her facial as their avatar here and it’s HILARIOUS) I felt like it should have been MELISSA W FOREVER, or Lacey. The point now should be Kelsey, Maggie Robin or Kashara. They are all fabulous. 

I adore Kelsey but she would be terrible at point. She just isn't good enough. Robin and Maggie I'm sure will be part of the triangle next year (depending on how many leave).

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:07 PM, SunshineSally said:

This reminds me of....dang, I can't remember her name.  She and Cassie ganged up on some TCC one night at rehearsal.  Now this is gonna drive me crazy.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:57 AM, LaurenBrook said:

While Christina and Taryn both had questionable kicks, I heard from more than one person that Kelli was not a fan of Taryn's "look" (she did mention in one episode her face shape or something) and just could not get past it and it's not something she can change, like a hairstyle; they did really like her as a person though - sweet and hard working.  I guess it's one of those to each their own - I think Taryn is gorgeous. 

Is Jessika one that was a rangerette or whatever, with the super amazing kicks? I keep thinking that is part of her appeal, they never have to worry about her flexibility.  

At the beginning Taryn's smaller face proportions stood out to me, but as the training camp/season progressed her positive attitude won me over, and as a result I agree with you @LaurenBrook that every time I see Taryn on the screen now I think that she looks so pretty.  

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I adore Kelsey but she would be terrible at point. She just isn't good enough. Robin and Maggie I'm sure will be part of the triangle next year (depending on how many leave).

True, I forgot that Kelsey is the most honed dancer. If she gets to the level of Robin and Maggie, I see it happening for sure. ?

• Love 1

I do not see Kelsey getting to the same level as Robin or even Maggie. She made the team on looks alone and is not in the same league as the stand out girls. Even with all her crap and rule breaking, I would take Jenna over Kelsey any day of the week.

In my unpopular opinion these are the most beautiful DCC.

Mia, Melissa K., Kaitlin Ilsing, Abigail,Alexandra, Jacie, Kinzie, Nicole B., Sasha, Kelsey,  not pictures faves are, Brooke , Whitney Hardy, Megan McVey, Evan, Megan Sharp, Kristin G, Kashara, Emma, Bess, Oh my too many to name but these are top of the list

59e91b1f6c5de_jaciescott.jpg.d006146f1c681b0cf576d94109681484.jpg59e91aa202849_0006AbigailKlein_06.jpg750500.jpg.27c0fe6211103267c333f0c9964b18ab.jpgalexan.jpg.438aa0857f095cbf785da70675a2703f.jpg59e91bd0beac9_sashaa.jpg.9add02da709d104dc2dc78f2bfd76f90.jpg59e91a7febcee_kaitlin2.jpg720480.thumb.jpg.530cb6e45dfa9b51a3a34dce6d58529e.jpg

m kellerman.jpg

nicoile b.jpg

kelsee.jpg

Edited by DCCroutineFAN
  • Love 2