Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I am not sure if this have been said before but I hate Jen K, she's beyond OVERRATED , overrated doesn't even come close to describing her . I think she's average at best and her pom dancing was super s****** and her facials were INSANE.(I use to run this DCC photo blog and I was doing retirement segment the year Emma retired I had to edit all Emma's photos bec Jen was behind her facing horrible faces). She's the worst point ever IMO since i started following DCC. I think she's a teacher pet and that annoying teacher pet who asks for more homework and stitches on her friends. Honestly, I don't know who she's related to but I think any other team she wouldn't have even made it. I totally boycott DCC last year after i found out she's the point and only came back after I found out she's leaving. Good riddance !!!!

UGh, Rant over (I have more but i trying not to be super mean)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I've been reading through some of the threads and I see the Kitty isn't well loved.  I'd love to hear your reasons why.  Personally, I think she is perfect for what they ask her to do: be totally unfiltered and detached.  Kelli has to manage personalities and egos, while Judy is more concerned about the dancing and has to be more critical, but still has to be supportive as a coach.  If Kelli is the good cop and Judy is the bad cop, then I'd call Kitty the KGB (dating myself, I know).  She can come in and say and do the things that perhaps Kelli and Judy wish they could say and do, but are prohibited from doing so by their relationship with the girls.  I don't think Kitty would succeed in Kelli or even Judy's position with her methods, but they seem to work in her current role.

I looooooooove Kitty, especially this season. She says what we’ve been SCREAMING on these forums all season  

• Love 6

I really love Kitty so much, but it's not the "mean" I love her for.  She has a genius for taking dancers to the next level, and she doesn't pander to anyone - she is hard on the girls because she knows that at the level she teaches at she's not doing anyone any favors by sending them out the door at anything less than the best they are capable of.  I also have an idea that when you've been through it yourself, and seen others go through it over the years (as she has), she may feel honor-bound to armor everyone she teaches the only way she can - with honesty and skill.  The kind of vestment she has in people makes it understandable to me that she'd have zero patience for anyone giving her less than the kind of total commitment she's giving them.  But beyond that, I've heard so many stories about how amazing and supportive she is beyond the studio, and that she is very kind and trustworthy.  Mentors and teachers like that are hard to find sometimes and it makes me happy for the girls that they have the chance to learn from her.

• Love 7
On 9/23/2017 at 5:50 PM, DCC830 said:

Lots of unpopular opinions ahead so brace yourselves...

1. Jen K is my favorite DCC of all time.

2. I love Yuko.

3. (I don't think this is an unpopular opinion, probably more like a popular "statement") If Gina rises her left eyebrow to the camera one more time I swear...

4. Based on what Holly presents to the camera, she seems pretty humble and nice to me. Of course she made a mistake but I still love her. Same goes for Erica.

5. I HATE BRENNAN. Her face is just so off to me, as is her personality. Not a DCC now nor will she ever be.

6. Vivian might've been one of the worst TCCs ever. One of the most self-absorbed girls I have ever seen. 

7. Chelsea was always very fake and try-hardish to me. Maybe she was trying to cover up the fact that she is an awful dancer?

8. Kashara can be a bit much sometimes, but overall I think she's a good girl and I like her. And I think she might be the best point for right now (other than Jenna of course)

9. I love Jinelle's personality. 

10. I'm not sure if there is a single girl in TC this season that I think is the total package (ie- looks, dancing, personality, leadership, poise, etc.) or that I really like a lot at all...

I agree with you on #1. I love Jenn K. I also love Brittney Schramm, and Courtney Cook., Mackenzie ( the cute little one  with the ankle weights). Yukos fine, too. I think she belongs there.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, mmm said:

I am not sure if this have been said before but I hate Jen K, she's beyond OVERRATED , overrated doesn't even come close to describing her . I think she's average at best and her pom dancing was super s****** and her facials were INSANE.(I use to run this DCC photo blog and I was doing retirement segment the year Emma retired I had to edit all Emma's photos bec Jen was behind her facing horrible faces). She's the worst point ever IMO since i started following DCC. I think she's a teacher pet and that annoying teacher pet who asks for more homework and stitches on her friends. Honestly, I don't know who she's related to but I think any other team she wouldn't have even made it. I totally boycott DCC last year after i found out she's the point and only came back after I found out she's leaving. Good riddance !!!!

..it has been.

Sounds like you have a personal issue with Jenn K. (lol)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

..it has been.

Sounds like you have a personal issue with Jenn K. (lol)

Doesn't she remind with someone you went to high school with or worked with. She fits an annoying archetype.  

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, Kiki88 said:

Not the first (second or even third) time I've heard this about her. 

Interesting ... isn't she the one who kept her DCC account even though she's years retired?  I just find that weird! 

• Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 4:18 PM, HowdeeDo said:

I seriously want to know the thought process of taking Christina over Taryn. It makes no sense to me. 

Yep, honestly don’t know why we haven’t seen weight talks with her. Her solo at finals was awful too. She must be one hell of a talker or something, I don’t see the appeal. 

While Christina and Taryn both had questionable kicks, I heard from more than one person that Kelli was not a fan of Taryn's "look" (she did mention in one episode her face shape or something) and just could not get past it and it's not something she can change, like a hairstyle; they did really like her as a person though - sweet and hard working.  I guess it's one of those to each their own - I think Taryn is gorgeous. 

Is Jessika one that was a rangerette or whatever, with the super amazing kicks? I keep thinking that is part of her appeal, they never have to worry about her flexibility.  

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

While Christina and Taryn both had questionable kicks, I heard from more than one person that Kelli was not a fan of Taryn's "look" (she did mention in one episode her face shape or something) and just could not get past it and it's not something she can change, like a hairstyle; they did really like her as a person though - sweet and hard working.  I guess it's one of those to each their own - I think Taryn is gorgeous. 

Is Jessika one that was a rangerette or whatever, with the super amazing kicks? I keep thinking that is part of her appeal, they never have to worry about her flexibility.  

Don’t know if she was a rangerette, she honestly doesn’t get much screen time  

She was also brunette when she originally auditioned and honestly the tone of her hair it terrible too. Not everyone can pull off blonde. 

6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

She was also brunette when she originally auditioned and honestly the tone of her hair it terrible too. Not everyone can pull off blonde. 

Yes, the color is just awful. 

The thing is, I don’t dislike Christina. I think she’s cute and she’s not unlikeable. I just feel like they’ve done a poor job of explaining the rationale behind the cuts. What does Christina have that Brennan didn’t? Or that Taryn doesn’t? Why keep Alexandra around? I just don’t feel we’ve seen the explanation. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Looks like she was a 'strutter'...no idea what that is, something with Texas State U? but she has some pics kicking and mercy her kicks are perfection. 

I see she tried out many times for DCC...I think i liked her hair best in 2014 but if she had it that dark she'd be one more for me to confuse with Rachel and Molly. 

I honestly think she is gorgeous and she had some beautiful pics from the calendar shoot.  I just wish they could figure her look out because that's not really her fault. 

• Love 3

Jessika is very beautiful, but not a 'wow' dancer, and she definitely looks thick this year.

I know everyone will hate me, but I don't think Keyra is cute at all. She seems like a very lovely person and she's fun to watch, but she doesn't look like a DCC to me. 

• Love 2
On 10/12/2017 at 11:29 AM, mmm said:

I don't hate her but I was never a big fan. I think she was fine. She was mature and a good leader, but she never wowed me as a performer and the effusive praise here puzzles me.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't hate her but I was never a big fan. I think she was fine. She was mature and a good leader, but she never wowed me as a performer and the effusive praise here puzzles me.

I’m indifferent towards Jenn K. I didn’t know she was such a big deal until I came to the forums. I don’t think she was ever even on my radar because I -hated- the things the does with her lips and eyebrows during Hip Hop-inspired dances. I tried to gloss over it. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I find Kelsey annoying. She reminds me of Brittney Schram, who also annoyed me.

I don’t mind them, but I’m always baffled by how people on the boards give them passes for doing antics that others get crucified for. They’re two beautiful girls who are fully aware that they’re beautiful, hence the constant blowing kisses to the camera (which I cant stand). Vivian used to do that too, and people would go berserk over it. Their social media is full of “look how pretty I am” just like Jenna’s, but only Jenna gets blasted for it. To me they’re just as self-absorbed as others, they just try to hide it better. 

• Love 8
Sorry looks like the last one was from last year...could not delete. There are some great videos on IG live. Looks like they had a blast! #ilovehalloween
Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I think Tasha looked better last year makeup wise. I liked her with pink lipstick.

LOL probably the most unpopular opinion of the century!!! :)

• Love 14
2 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I don't get the Christina hate- I would definitely choose her over Taryn who I think has a really unattractive face.

I think Tasha looked better last year makeup wise. I liked her with pink lipstick.

I don't hate Christina, I just don't understand how she has survived this long. She is cute and talks well but her kicks and dancing are under whelming. As for Taryn, I could not pick her out of a line up. 

• Love 2
On 10/12/2017 at 3:29 PM, mmm said:

Jenn K was not my ideal point and her facials annoyed me too (very open mouth). This is why I can’t get on the Meghan C. love wagon- her facials looked fake (someone has her facial as their avatar here and it’s HILARIOUS) I felt like it should have been MELISSA W FOREVER, or Lacey. The point now should be Kelsey, Maggie Robin or Kashara. They are all fabulous. 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
I left out Kelsey. I’m so sorry, Kelsey!!! Oh, and I can’t apply the correct to/two/too ARGH
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Nice to see Shelly teaching Technique Tuesday to what looks to be wannabee's.  Kashara and Jenna appear to be helping

It was Friday...new Fall Prep Series geared to past finalists and TCC’s, but open to all.  #tacklethetechnique

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Jenn K was not my ideal point and her facials annoyed me to (very open mouth). This is why I can’t get on the Meghan C. love wagon- her facials looked fake (someone has her facial as their avatar here and it’s HILARIOUS) I felt like it should have been MELISSA W FOREVER, or Lacey. The point now should be Kelsey, Maggie Robin or Kashara. They are all fabulous. 

Melissa Had weight issues she could maintain weight. I wasn't a fan or Megan either

• Love 5
16 hours ago, JayDKay said:

This is funny, but Kelli Q's face looks beautiful in her troll costume pink wig.. Which proves to me, it's her blonde hair that ages her and makes her looks harsh 

Nah its her face. Hardcore filter going on there to give her doll skin.

I like her but she looks 40.

I wonder if this is meant to be original choreography. I've seen a lot of these moves before. It's kind of weird that she would throw in that one move they use when they're heading out on the field for pregame, the one where they're marching in place for a few counts with one and on the hip and the other punches out at a low angle, then back to the hip, out and back tot the hip. That's an odd-looking move without poms.

I guess it doesn't really matter if it's recycled moves, since it's pro prep class. You might as well do the same moves as the "real" cheerleaders, LOL.

9 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Nice to see Shelly teaching Technique Tuesday to what looks to be wannabee's.  Kashara and Jenna appear to be helping

So sad to me that Shelly is charging $50 for each class.  Shelly knows the wannabee's will pay her anything for a chance to be a DCC.  It seems to be a moneymaker for Shelly but so unfair to the girls that take the class since a lot of them don't have jobs that pay that well.  

9 minutes ago, kary said:

So sad to me that Shelly is charging $50 for each class.  Shelly knows the wannabee's will pay her anything for a chance to be a DCC.  It seems to be a moneymaker for Shelly but so unfair to the girls that take the class since a lot of them don't have jobs that pay that well.  

We pay $50 for a volleyball private or a batting lesson. Nothing is free in life. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

We pay $50 for a volleyball private or a batting lesson. Nothing is free in life. 

You said for a private.  This is a group class.  The Maverick's prep classes are $30 so I think $50 is a little high.  Just my opinion.

24 minutes ago, kary said:

I feel like.... this has nothing to do with Shelly.

great work with the girls today @ShellyB!

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, kary said:

Of course it is a moneymaker her job is dance instructor/coach. Nobody if forced to go.

Nobody has to take the class to make the team. It isn't Shelly or other instructors problems if girls don't have $$$ jobs.

They aren't being denied medicine or education. It's effin' CHEERLEADING not air.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

27 minutes ago, kary said:

I’m not charging that fee, that is a class fee. And just like any other class at any other studio, the teacher and assistants get a flat rate, not the full amount of what each student/participant is paying. If that were the case, dance teachers would be loaded! 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

I’m not charging that fee, that is a class fee. And just like any other class at any other studio, the teacher and assistants get a flat rate, not the full amount of what each student/participant is paying. If that were the case, dance teachers would be loaded! 

I'll add that if the girls have an issue with affording a $50 class, they probably aren't going to enjoy how broke they are as cheerleaders. The DC organization doesn't comp *everything, so get used to putting out the $, or juggling earning an income.   You have to pay to play, lol. 

• Love 8