Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

You know what is interesting Keyra not making show group is that it was either Kelli or Kitty had three girls move to the front and said these were the best from last night and was disappointed in all these rest. Keyra was in that group. She is definitely dynamic but I do not know her background in dance. Maybe they were looking for girls with more dance experience as well since they do more special dance routines. I do think she is a sweetheart and has charisma:)

In the deliberations that were shown, Kashara and Stephanie were both pointed out for "not being the most technica.l" They both still made it.

• Love 5

I rewatched the show.

Keyra's low left kick comment did not occur til the night after show group auditions, so it could not have been part of the deliberations

After group one performed the next night, Kitty pulled out Stephanie, Jenna, and Keyra as the ones who "killed it last night" at show group auditions.  It's important to note that Maggie, Maddie, Amy, and Kalyssa, who are also in group one, were not pulled out. They all made show group (Amy after Holly left).

Kitty was actually there, from start to finish.  Her perspective is not distorted by editing.  She is an expert.  Therefore, I will accept, without reservation, that Keyra was better at the audition than at least 4 people who actually made show group.

I totally understand the desire to have all looks represented on the squad and show group,  My point has always been that the desire for look diversity is a sword that cuts both ways.  Keyra just happened to be cut this time.  I also believe that's why Katelynn didn't make TC.  (If anyone says she wasn't pretty enough, they will immediately be struck by lightning,  There are actually very few stunning girls with the dance talent, but she was one of them.)  I was just pointing out that Show Group is not a meritocracy, and it doesn't have to be.  I don't understand why that seems to make some so uncomfortable to say race factored into that equation.  If you want more blondes, then you're not looking for a black girl.

I am not omniscient, I'm actually just going on what is shown/said,  I can be wrong.  My beliefs, experiences, and biases shape my interpretations of facts.  That is why we can see the same things and have different opinions.

For the record:

1) No one ever uttered the words racist or racism in their defense of Keyra.  Racism was not even implied.

2) Even if I'm right, I totally get the decisions made and I probably would have made the exact same decisions regarding show group.

I'm going to try to not comment about this subject anymore (unless you go too far).

I'm off to church. , I will be saying a prayer for anyone who automatically goes into defensive mode whenever race is brought up.

• Love 10
On 9/15/2017 at 9:42 PM, sooooo ill said:

Looks and dancing. That's what it boils down to. Probably 40% looks  and 60% dancing. Looks do matter in life whether we like it or not especially in DCC. Keyra is cute but come on. Her dancing is what got her on the team. She's an awesome performer. Not everything is about black and white lol

I would say more looks than dancing since show group is no longer allowed to perform on the single USO tour that they are on per year.

5 hours ago, hypeman said:

After group one performed the next night, Kitty pulled out Stephanie, Jenna, and Keyra as the ones who "killed it last night" at show group auditions.  It's important to note that Maggie, Maddie, Amy, and Kalyssa, who are also in group one, were not pulled out. They all made show group (Amy after Holly left).

Kitty was actually there, from start to finish.  Her perspective is not distorted by editing.  She is an expert.  Therefore, I will accept, without reservation, that Keyra was better at the audition than at least 4 people who actually made show group.

The ones Kitty called out were best in her opinion. She is not the only judge, and as we've seen, the judges often disagree. This is not to argue, just to say that all of this is subjective and Kitty isn't the ultimate authority.

5 hours ago, hypeman said:

I was just pointing out that Show Group is not a meritocracy, and it doesn't have to be.

Nor is the team in general. Which is why it is so draining sometimes (for me at least) to read the round and round and round about who "deserves" to be on the team. There is much more that goes into making this team than killing the dance portion of the audition. We see hardly any of it. Not nearly as much as Judy and Kelli see, and not nearly enough to make informed decisions. Which isn't to say there's something wrong with theorizing and speculating, but now and again it strikes me as a completely fruitless exercise.

Everyone on the team (and on Show Group) is pretty and deserves to be there, by virtue of the fact that Kelli and Judy have declared it so. As Dubya would say, they are the deciders. 

2 hours ago, cashandprizes said:

I would say more looks than dancing since show group is no longer allowed to perform on the single USO tour that they are on per year.

But the USO wasn't Show Group's only dance gig. I don't know what percent of Show Group appearances are "ambassador and dance" vs "meet and greet only", but I do know they perform at baseball games, hockey games, parades, tv appearances, trade shows, etc.

• Love 3

Le sigh.

Girl could simply have ruled herself out of show group? Yes, she was at auditions, but so was Milan. I guess they're all expected to audition even if they give notice of not wanting to be included. It's not that big of a deal people. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Why don't they perform anymore? 

On 3/2/2017 at 9:50 PM, ShellyB said:

The USO tours have changed because their are more opportunities to meet families, specifically kids. Therefore, the DCC tours are designed around our camps and community service.

Sounds like they just decided not to do it anymore. Could've been for a number of reasons, I suppose.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:29 PM, tinabee1967 said:

@TeriyakiTerror, add Deryn Derbigny, Sunni Cranfill, Brittany Evans and Jordan Chanley to the list of favorite DCC's and our lists are pretty close!

Most disliked:

Not a DCC, but Vivian and all of her begging/ sense of entitlement. " I deserve a spot on this squad!"

Bitch, please!

Chelsea. She was a little smartass who thought she was being funny.

Vivian and her poem!!  OMG!!!  I remember Kelli saying something like, "She should have taken the time it took to write that poem and used it to practice!" or something like that...EASILY one of the most awkward moments EVER!!

Chelsea--I liked her as a rookie, but she showed her true colors as a veteran candidate.  No class at all.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, tinabee1967 said:

@TeriyakiTerror, add Deryn Derbigny...

Okay, I admit I have not the slightest idea who Deryn Derbigny is (other than being a former DCC, of course) but can I say I absolutely LOVE her name?  She sounds like a character in one of the Harry Potter books :)

• Love 2

A couple unpopular opinions on past DCCs:

Most unattractive - Trisha Trevino. I could not handle her googly fish eyes. I'm sure she's a lovely person but man I thought she was homely.

Most annoying hair - Danielle. I HATED how she always kept tossing it over to one side..it was so distracting. I loved it when Kitty called her out on it and told her to stop it but it obviously made no difference. (I noticed TCC Savannah does the same thing; what is it with these former Jets Flight Crew ladies?!)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

A couple unpopular opinions on past DCCs:

Most unattractive - Trisha Trevino. I could not handle her googly fish eyes. I'm sure she's a lovely person but man I thought she was homely.

Most annoying hair - Danielle. I HATED how she always kept tossing it over to one side..it was so distracting. I loved it when Kitty called her out on it and told her to stop it but it obviously made no difference. (I noticed TCC Savannah does the same thing; what is it with these former Jets Flight Crew ladies?!)

I was never a Danielle fan. That hair of hers was terrible, even after her rookie "makeover."  I think she should have been shown the door after her awful second season audition, and even if they wanted to cut her a little slack for being injured during auditions, she was not any better in camp (and Kitty rightfully called her out for being "sloppy and lazy"). Amazing  what being Kelli's favorite can do for a mediocre candidate.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
Spelling
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Okay, I admit I have not the slightest idea who Deryn Derbigny is (other than being a former DCC, of course) but can I say I absolutely LOVE her name?  She sounds like a character in one of the Harry Potter books :)

Deryn was a rookie with Brooke and Tobie.  She had moved to Texas from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.  She was on the squad for three years.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Wow. Other than being a bit tooth-y and big mouthed, I thought Trisha was a cute girl...in an aardvark kind of way. No shade. But I don't think she was scary or unfortunate looking.

Lol -- I had to go and look up what an aardvark looks like...

As I said I knew this would likely be an unpopular opinion with many folks. I do remember that Trisha was well-liked and highly regarded by Kelli. And I'm sure my opinions on who I think was/is attractive certainly also differ from many of you. Apologies if my comment on her was too harsh!

?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Danielle did finally start parting her hair in the middle.

Yeah..I just still wished they'd done something more striking with her makeover, like cut a significant amount off and/or changed the style. For me, I thought it was too long and actually dated her; not to mention distracted attention away from her pretty face (which was the main thing she had going for her). And her hair wasn't all that pretty to begin with (again, IMO). But I think she thought it was her crowning glory based on how she liked to frequently toss it over her head for maximum attention..and since she was one of Kelli's favorites I expect she got more leeway on getting/keeping what she wanted. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Teresa said:

I flove Melissa R. which I know is a VERY unpopular opinion here. She's adorable, sweet, and approachable. I like how she is with the girls. 

She's all of that, but I think alot of people are over her because they seem to make a bigger deal of her as a former DCC than they ought to considering she was never one of the BESTS and how she ended up leaving the team.

On 9/21/2017 at 0:25 PM, Blndee6 said:

Yeah..I just still wished they'd done something more striking with her makeover, like cut a significant amount off and/or changed the style. For me, I thought it was too long and actually dated her; not to mention distracted attention away from her pretty face (which was the main thing she had going for her). And her hair wasn't all that pretty to begin with (again, IMO). But I think she thought it was her crowning glory based on how she liked to frequently toss it over her head for maximum attention..and since she was one of Kelli's favorites I expect she got more leeway on getting/keeping what she wanted. 

Wasn't she the mullet or was that Crystal?  Yikes. I did not like that mullet.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:25 AM, Blndee6 said:

Never mind the hair - what about what she wore to her first Training Camp orientation:)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

A spaghetti strap top with a wide brown belt and a white, short mini.  Definitely a fashion don't?

I could've sworn she wore that white mini skirt to her first panel interview too, but I might be getting it confused with the TC orientation scene. Regardless, she definitely did not start out looking very polished. Hopefully that changed over the years..

10 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

I read the explanation and preface.  But, $50,000 isn't needed to publish a book nowadays with the sites where you can "print on demand" as people order.   It really didn't grab me with that long first paragraph about the Cowboys' bad behavior.

Did I miss this being posted.  Book about DCC.  Click on this to read the preface.  Holy moly  Wonder who? Is behind it?

• Love 1

Lots of unpopular opinions ahead so brace yourselves...

1. Jen K is my favorite DCC of all time.

2. I love Yuko.

3. (I don't think this is an unpopular opinion, probably more like a popular "statement") If Gina rises her left eyebrow to the camera one more time I swear...

4. Based on what Holly presents to the camera, she seems pretty humble and nice to me. Of course she made a mistake but I still love her. Same goes for Erica.

5. I HATE BRENNAN. Her face is just so off to me, as is her personality. Not a DCC now nor will she ever be.

6. Vivian might've been one of the worst TCCs ever. One of the most self-absorbed girls I have ever seen. 

7. Chelsea was always very fake and try-hardish to me. Maybe she was trying to cover up the fact that she is an awful dancer?

8. Kashara can be a bit much sometimes, but overall I think she's a good girl and I like her. And I think she might be the best point for right now (other than Jenna of course)

9. I love Jinelle's personality. 

10. I'm not sure if there is a single girl in TC this season that I think is the total package (ie- looks, dancing, personality, leadership, poise, etc.) or that I really like a lot at all...

• Love 3

I want Kelsey to be point! If I can't have Holly, I will take Kelsey. She seems fun and a bit sarcastic. Obviously the organization is not putting the best dancer at point so lets have someone very striking that is naturally sexy. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

When I first scanned your reply I thought it said, ' ..and a few waitresses.'   ? 

Actually Lauren Tewes' character Jessie was a waitress in the movie. She and Jane Seymour were the more well known actresses and the other two probably weren't so well known. This was the first movie from 1979.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:29 PM, Hummingbird24 said:

Wasn't she the mullet or was that Crystal?  Yikes. I did not like that mullet.

Crystal with her mullet and buggy cross eyes. Kelli thought she was pretty, but I never saw the appeal. ITA....that hair cut had to go. Maybe she went to the same stylist Megan Fox went to.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Crystal with her mullet and buggy cross eyes. Kelli thought she was pretty, but I never saw the appeal. ITA....that hair cut had to go. Maybe she went to the same stylist Megan Fox went to.

Never really thought of it as a mullet. Back in the 70s we called it the shag.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Never really thought of it as a mullet. Back in the 70s we called it the shag.

We still do...but yeah, I did then also :)

Edited by ByTor