Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Trevino sisters?

Brooke always came off a little masculine to me, but I never thought the Trevinos did. Neither were as tight as Mavs Dancers, but they came to DCC super slim. Both had pretty willowy builds, and neither had to work with Jay. They both won those fitness awards. 

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Brooke always came off a little masculine to me, but I never thought the Trevinos did. Neither were as tight as Mavs Dancers, but they came to DCC super slim. Both had pretty willowy builds, and neither had to work with Jay. They both won those fitness awards. 

Did Trisha begin being slim?  I never saw the season where she made it so I don't know what she looked like.  She has the kind of build that to me looks like she could easily put on weight so she has to be careful.  Also, I assumed the sharp features the original post mentioned was referring to Trisha having a square jaw, which to some can appear masculine.  I'm not sure, though, if her sister had the same face shape.

Possible unpopular opinion...I really wish they would give vet Kelli a much better makeover. Imo, she looks like she is in her forties or fifties with her makeup and hair. I think Kelli has a fixation on having girls with long hair and bad makeup. Kelli would look so much better with shorter hair, the right bang style and different makeup especially her eye makeup. The same thing with Milan. The girl is 19 years old? but she looks like she in in her late 20's or early 30's with her hair. Sorry Kelli, but I do not see how your big city hair salon are doing these girls any favors. I could take Milan and Kelli to a few of my medium sized home town hair salons, and they both would come out looking better.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 8/24/2017 at 4:22 PM, Java said:

1.  I like Charlotte. Some may say she landed her role with the DC organization through nepotism, but the woman has proven herself to be a driven, shrewd business person. She's busted her butt and she strikes me as someone you would not want to piss off. 

2. I like Kelli.  I may not always agree with her, and I'm not so naive I don't think she has favorites, but she's human. She's also turned the Cheerleaders into the success they are today. She should guest lecture in college marketing classes on how to take a successful brand and turn it into a profitable, in-demand commodity. In her “spare” time of course. About the only thing I don't like is some of her dress selections lol, but if they make her feel good, then to hell with my opinion, lol. 

3. I absolutely adore Judy. In the entire time of watching the show there have only been 2 instances now where I've wanted to say WTF? She obviously cares about the team and about the quality of their performances. The DCC performance quality makes other teams look like sloppy high school pom squads that are regurgitating DCC choreo while drunk on MD 20/20.

4. Speaking of drunk....   every 20-something girl I've ever known, myself included, had gone to clubs and drank while not quite 21, and maybe even smoked a thing or two. Luckily though, none of us had a very high profile job and had signed a contract to behave.  So, to the divas that were cut, reprimanded or quit because of said behavior,  if you *must* do something shady, at least have the common sense to NOT DO IT IN PUBLIC.  You're not irreplaceable, no matter how many twitter/IG stalkers gush over you night and day. 

5.  Melissa R and Anthony R add zero value to the show. They have zero credibility for anything DCC-related and steal time from the things that I really want to see. Whatever CMT is paying them for their so-called expertise is a waste of money.

Agree with all of this, except the last part....I actually like when Melissa is featured and allowed to be more real, although I completely agree that there are parts of her "interventions" that are completely cringeworthy (the whole Breelan thing, for instance, could just go away and that would be wonderful - and I'm sure Breelan probably felt the same way).  Her comments at prelims crack me up.  Also Anthony Ramos has been adorable, especially this year, and I've really liked him (comments on Kalyssa, his learning the term "bless her heart".)  The melodrama of "this is the MOMENT....they've all been waiting for...." is cringey, but I think he is really being earnest, because he sees how important it is to the girls.  

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The same thing with Milan. The girl is 19 years old? but she looks like she in in her late 20's or early 30's with her hair

LOL to me, Milan looks like she's about 14!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Did Trisha begin being slim?  I never saw the season where she made it so I don't know what she looked like.  She has the kind of build that to me looks like she could easily put on weight so she has to be careful.  Also, I assumed the sharp features the original post mentioned was referring to Trisha having a square jaw, which to some can appear masculine.  I'm not sure, though, if her sister had the same face shape.

I can't think of any other sisters, either, but neither looked masculine to me, so who knows.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Possible unpopular opinion...I really wish they would give vet Kelli a much better makeover. Imo, she looks like she is in her forties or fifties with her makeup and hair. I think Kelli has a fixation on having girls with long hair and bad makeup. Kelli would look so much better with shorter hair, the right bang style and different makeup especially her eye makeup. The same thing with Milan. The girl is 19 years old? but she looks like she in in her late 20's or early 30's with her hair. Sorry Kelli, but I do not see how your big city hair salon are doing these girls any favors. I could take Milan and Kelli to a few of my medium sized home town hair salons, and they both would come out looking better.

I'm not sure what they could do with Kelli. She's just so lean, and has a high forehead, I think she'd look 30s-40s no matter what.  In that live chat last night, Kelli looked like she had 10 lbs of weave - more weave than Jinelle. She does need about a foot of it cut off to look fresher.

44 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm not sure what they could do with Kelli. She's just so lean, and has a high forehead, I think she'd look 30s-40s no matter what.  In that live chat last night, Kelli looked like she had 10 lbs of weave - more weave than Jinelle. She does need about a foot of it cut off to look fresher.

And I think she's a tad too blonde.

• Love 3

Yeah I think they could tone down the color, not sure what else would really help. I don't think it's hair or makeup that makes her look older, but it's her face (and I don't mean that in a mean way - some ppl just have baby faces no matter what (me!) and others look older no matter what). I'm not sure bangs would help, but I rarely ever like bangs, other than on women with a really short cuts, the type of which would likely age Kelli even more. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Lol...seriously, Boca (as in Florida) Blonde would be much better.  I remember a Courtney (not cook) made the team and looked young.  Kitty may have said something to her, because at the end when she made the team, she made a comment about " how do I look now".  I thought she was too glammed up & harsh.   

Some of these girls need to look fresh not harsh!   They would look much younger. 

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2017 at 11:40 PM, ReneeK said:

Thank you for pointing this out.  I went to college at 18 and flunked out because I was too immature and had no clue what I wanted out of life or career.  So, instead, I worked various jobs full time throughout my 20s before deciding around age 26-27 that I wanted to get a degree.  So I went back to school in my late 20s after figuring out what I actually was interested in, and graduated college at age 30.

My own mother didn't even graduate college until she was 40 because she got married at age 18 and had 4 babies soon after. 

Theres no "time frame" that you must go to college -- if you ever decide to at all!

And that is FINE. With college, there is no prescribed time frame like high school. 

23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I honestly don't think they have an idea of what else to do with her. She looks great as a blonde, and the length would only age her. She definitely does have an old face..like weathered..and I don't think there is any way they could make that over. Even with makeup, she still looks old. I guess they could relax on the eyeliner though.

20 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Kelli may be one of those girls who isn't photogenic, but telegenic.  There are some girls that just don't look good in still pictures, but are amazing on tv/in movies/in person.

Definitely. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Kelli may be one of those girls who isn't photogenic, but telegenic.  There are some girls that just don't look good in still pictures, but are amazing on tv/in movies/in person.

I feel this way about Keyra in TC now. I love her in video, but the pictures don't translate well to me at all. 

• Love 3
On 29.8.2017 at 3:57 AM, Jess14 said:

I think Kalyssa mentioned that she started a new job in the last episode. Anyone know what she's doing now?

As far as I remember se worked in some dental practice, she had  the information on her Facebook when training camp started, now it just says 'works for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders'. That definitely seems to be her top priority.

21 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I saw it on youtube. 

Yikes.  This year's squad must be really weak because this whole routine had zero energy.  The only one I noticed was Jenna, and even she lost some of her normal luster being surrounded by such a lifeless performance.  DCC has some major rebuilding to do, especially if this is Jenna's last year.

• Love 1

I don't think that video above is from this season. It has multiple group leaders all in it -- Jenna, Jinelle, Lacey, and Robin all together. I suspect that is a video from a rehearsal last year. 

As for Alexandria, congrats to her! Do we imagine he'll be moving down to Texas? A long distance engagement would be difficult, though not impossible. I hope she can lift her left hand with that giant rock on it! 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Yikes.  This year's squad must be really weak because this whole routine had zero energy.  The only one I noticed was Jenna, and even she lost some of her normal luster being surrounded by such a lifeless performance.  DCC has some major rebuilding to do, especially if this is Jenna's last year.

Agreed, and if Cersten gets into medical school (Go Cersten!), she will be gone next year as well. It definitely feels like a year where 5 or 6 girls are towing the line for everyone else. 

2 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I don't think that video above is from this season. It has multiple group leaders all in it -- Jenna, Jinelle, Lacey, and Robin all together. I suspect that is a video from a rehearsal last year. 

If the caption is right, its from June of 2017. It looks like a show group (or partial show group) performance from this year. It wouldn't surprise me if it was rehearsal though. It is rather lifeless. 

I guessed rehearsal because there's no one in the stadium seats. Also, I'm on my phone so I can't discern all the faces. This being from last year was just a guess on my part! Would this have been one of Holly's last rehearsals thenP

6 hours ago, Preity said:

As far as I remember se worked in some dental practice, she had  the information on her Facebook when training camp started, now it just says 'works for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders'. That definitely seems to be her top priority.

Kalyssa has such a beautiful face I wish she wasn't wearing so much unnatural looking make up. Those brows are really distracting and the lip liner is too much. She looks much, much better on the show. 

I'm new to this show, this is my second season. So is this a part time gig? Do they still have their day jobs? 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Kalyssa has such a beautiful face I wish she wasn't wearing so much unnatural looking make up. Those brows are really distracting and the lip liner is too much. She looks much, much better on the show. 

I'm new to this show, this is my second season. So is this a part time gig? Do they still have their day jobs? 

Yes, most of them work and I think some are in school.

Thank you for the answers. And wow, that's pretty impressive, to be able to hold down a job or go to school and do all those rehearsals, shows, public appearances. I'm actually pretty impressed. Hell, I was impressed when I thought all their time was dedicated to the DCC. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

As for Alexandria, congrats to her! Do we imagine he'll be moving down to Texas? A long distance engagement would be difficult, though not impossible. I hope she can lift her left hand with that giant rock on it! 

It is from this year ...

4 hours ago, M1977G said:

It was at a camp DCC thing this summer.

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I tried to type on top of image but couldn't.   Start around 3 minutes and watch Kelli do Thriller dance 

I need more projection Kelli! If I were doing a Yes, No, Maybe you'd get a maybe. Pigeon-toed. Sloppy. Not selling it to me. I need to see you in my office.

JK, this is hilarious. 

• Love 9
On 9/2/2017 at 8:33 PM, Mabinogia said:

Thank you for the answers. And wow, that's pretty impressive, to be able to hold down a job or go to school and do all those rehearsals, shows, public appearances. I'm actually pretty impressed. Hell, I was impressed when I thought all their time was dedicated to the DCC. 

I know.  If they wake up at 6am, work a day job from say 8am-4pm, that gives them about two hours before they need to head to the star, and practice from 7pm-midnight.  Then get home around 1am, eat dinner, decompress, and go to bed at 2am to start over the next day.  Ouch  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Tried to focus on several girls. 

Jenna is the queen of hairography, and this routine really suits her.

Bess is so underrated! 

Tara has a killer body, I think she dropped alot looking at Jets flight crew pictures.

Yuko is chasing the music, put her in the back because it's super noticeable. 

Jessika needs to be on WW, and she was heavy-ish to me last year too. Don't know how that gets overlooked.

I totally think Lacey would be a perfect point, some don't think she pops but she's miles ahead of Kashara. Hope to see her as PBC.

Cersten needs a different hairstyle, wish we could see her stay but if med school is still the dream then this will be it for her. :/

Kelli does great in some routine and doesn't pop in others. Wish she was consistent. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ReneeK said:

I know.  If they wake up at 6am, work a day job from say 8am-4pm, that gives them about two hours before they need to head to the star, and practice from 7pm-midnight.  Then get home around 1am, eat dinner, decompress, and go to bed at 2am to start over the next day.  Ouch  

It's probably a good thing most of them are quite young! I couldn't imagine doing that in my 30s or now in my 40s. Lol. I am a 9:30 bedtime person. I'm a sickie though.

Thank you for posting the Kelli show group routine - it was amazing.  All the awkward zombie moves were HIGHLY entertaining. And them wearing shiny blue stirrup pants and sweaters. And them dancing in front of the buffet table and booths, lol.  And their hair should have its own zip code.  I've now watched it three times.  

• Love 6
On 9/2/2017 at 1:06 PM, Rosiemac said:

I am sooooo happy for her! Alexandria is such a sweetheart..looks like all her dreams are coming true:)

Very happy for her! I personally can't stand the "man bun" craze but they make a sweet couple. 

5 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

Thank you for posting the Kelli show group routine - it was amazing.  All the awkward zombie moves were HIGHLY entertaining. And them wearing shiny blue stirrup pants and sweaters. And them dancing in front of the buffet table and booths, lol.  And their hair should have its own zip code.  I've now watched it three times.  

I can't figure what's going on with Kelli's hair.