Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Good point.  

I guess again for me I would just prefer to see girls from Texas that grew up idolizing the cheerleaders and know everything about that team versus women from all over who probably are only enamored with the celebrity of being a DCC and wouldn't know anything about the team itself.

It's a lot to expect for the team to be made up of only girls from Texas who are pretty and can dance well. It says a lot when people from all over want to audition for a team, even if some portion of it is for the celebrity. I doubt Jones and Co care, it just makes them look good. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

DCC uniforms are ugly.  Always have been.

I guess the disagreement over @sasha206's opinion that she likes women from the home state proves that it belongs in this thread :)

I'm curious...whose uniforms do you like?  To be honest, I don't think the "iconic" uniform is all that great either, I always liked the Raiders uniform best.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I guess the disagreement over @sasha206's opinion that she likes women from the home state proves that it belongs in this thread :)

I'm curious...whose uniforms do you like?  To be honest, I don't think the "iconic" uniform is all that great either, I always liked the Raiders uniform best.

I like the Raiders too.

And to be honest, I'm having a hard time figuring out who I like the best because they are all pretty much bras and boycut panties these days!

• Love 1

I guess mine is that I find the first two episodes of each season unbearable.

I hate the sob stories, embarrassing auditions, the cringeworthy interviews.  I'm really not at all interested in the judging process.

I just watch for training camp.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I like the Raiders too.

And to be honest, I'm having a hard time figuring out who I like the best because they are all pretty much bras and boycut panties these days!

This is interesting because I only know the Raiders and DCC uniforms.

I couldn't ell you what another team's looked like, not even my team's.

Personally I don't mind if the cheerleaders are from different parts of the county or world when they come to audition. It just shows the reputation and appeal of DCC. Just like some of the biggest cowboys fans don't live in Dallas or even in Texas. I would prefer to cheer for my team or a team that I idolize, rather than cheering for my home team just because I live near the stadium, which for me would be the redskins or ravens. 

It reminds me of something I've heard my other older family members say. On Sundays they would see the players in the game, and on Tuesday's they would see them at the grocery store or hardware store. Back when they were more regular people. when more of them actually played where they grew up/lived. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I would prefer to cheer for my team or a team that I idolize, rather than cheering for my home team just because I live near the stadium

Which reminds me that I tend to dislike the hometown teams, because the local hype tends to annoy the crap out of me...like I cannot stand the Eagles or Flyers.  Somehow, though, I still love my Phillies.

• Love 2

My newest probably unpopular opinion... I've never enjoyed watching the audition process. I usually skip it on earlier seasons. (Which is why I'm not too excited about the 3 episodes of auditions this season. But I still love the show)

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Personally I don't mind if the cheerleaders are from different parts of the county or world when they come to audition. It just shows the reputation and appeal of DCC. Just like some of the biggest cowboys fans don't live in Dallas or even in Texas. I would prefer to cheer for my team or a team that I idolize, rather than cheering for my home team just because I live near the stadium, which for me would be the redskins or ravens. 

It reminds me of something I've heard my other older family members say. On Sundays they would see the players in the game, and on Tuesday's they would see them at the grocery store or hardware store. Back when they were more regular people. when more of them actually played where they grew up/lived. 

My 83 year old aunt has always loved Dallas as well as my nephew. Which is a brave stance to take in Philly;)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

My 83 year old aunt has always loved Dallas as well as my nephew. Which is a brave stance to take in Philly;)

Understood. Imagine how the cowboys fans feel here in redskins territory. 

• Love 1

Jenna needs to go. What kind of senior vet is she? Worthless tool .  Not to mention the subpar rookie class because of all the vet cuts .  Come one uniboob/lipo really Kelli ?so beyond disappointed in this organization 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Jenna needs to go. What kind of senior vet is she? Worthless tool .  Not to mention the subpar rookie class because of all the vet cuts .  Come one uniboob/lipo really Kelli ?so beyond disappointed in this organization 

I assume from your comment that Jenna is still on the team.  Who are the vets that were cut?

2 hours ago, California Girl said:

I assume from your comment that Jenna is still on the team.  Who are the vets that were cut?

Sorry, I don't know for sure, but I assume Jenna is still on the team until otherwise noted.  

Spoiler

I read about Raylee, Allie, and Heather H., and maybe Holly (nobody knows what's up with the absents) was cut.  You can find the scoop on page 46 on the 2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included Spoilers.

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Jenna is still on the team and is the Group 1 Leader

She must have taken her Come to Jesus talk seriously then.

P.S. that has nothing to do with religion; it's just something we say in the south.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Understood. Imagine how the cowboys fans feel here in redskins territory. 

They are just fine, I think.  They love flying their flags on their cars.  I swear there are so many Dallas fans here it's almost funny!  The rivalry is real!my uncle used to drive the Cowboys bus when they came yo town and he said if they lost, you could hear a pin drop on the way back to the hotel.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DaisyFields500 said:

I like Jenna, but right now it's cool to hate her. It feels like a mob is coming to take her off the team. LOL  

Honestly, I feel like I have Jenna fatigue more than anything. She's talked about constantly, and while I also find her social media annoying, I like her dancing. However, I'm not quite sure where the extreme disdain comes from. She's not really been featured that much.... I felt the same way about Megan C last year however. 

Edited by Jess14
Grammar
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Honestly, I feel like I have Jenna fatigue more than anything. She's talked about constantly, and while I also find her social media annoying, I like her dancing. However, I'm not quite sure where the extreme disdain comes from. She's not really been featured that much.... I felt the same way about Megan C last year however. 

Right! I also never understood the complaints over her social media posts when people could easily not follow her. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Is that Gina behind Kelsey?

Say what you will about Kelsey's dancing, but I feel comfortable saying that she will never get called into the office for a weight warning. It seems like she is always in amazing shape. 

• Love 5
Just now, Jess14 said:

Say what you will about Kelsey's dancing, but I feel comfortable saying that she will never get called into the office for a weight warning. It seems like she is always in amazing shape. 

I don't know if it's still her current job, but she did teach barre and fitness classes. Never have to worry about her! Literally her job. :P

10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I heard she did get called into the office about weight right around the same time Mandy did. 

28 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I heard she did get called into the office about weight right around the same time Mandy did. 

Too much bacon? (She has the perfect body. I can't hate her for what the good Lord gave her, and she keeps in shape.)

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Say what?!? Kelli has gone off the rails lol. I don't think it's possible for Kelsey to be in better shape without starting to look like a body builder.  It's certainly possible I missed something but wow....

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

WHAT??? Kelsey got called in for weight?! Wow, that's a new one to me! She looked great even in that clip they showed last week when Kelli talked to her about interviewing skills. 

27 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Too much bacon? (She has the perfect body. I can't hate her for what the good Lord gave her, and she keeps in shape.)

hahaha every time I cook bacon I think of Kelsey since I like mine not crispy

20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

WHAT??? Kelsey got called in for weight?! Wow, that's a new one to me! She looked great even in that clip they showed last week when Kelli talked to her about interviewing skills. 

Omgsh maybe I'm getting my info wrong...maybe that's the meeting I heard about

Cersten and the girl who auditioned this season with the effortless kicks (I think her name was Katelynn?) look like they could be sisters! Their facial features are so similar . Wow . 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I find that very hard to believe that she got called in for weight. ... did you see her calendar pictures?

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mcmrdh said:

I find that very hard to believe that she got called in for weight. ... did you see her calendar pictures?

I think I got the reason for the office visit wrong, I'm trying to remember what someone told me but it was so long ago lol

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think I got the reason for the office visit wrong, I'm trying to remember what someone told me but it was so long ago lol

ahhh I was in panic mode LOL  love me some kelsey

• Love 2
Just now, mcmrdh said:

ahhh I was in panic mode LOL  love me some kelsey

I think the person said they were unsure since it was around the same time Mandy got called in for weight and that they thought she might have been in for weight too but it turned out it wasn't? It was like 2 months ago they told me lol

10 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

@ShellyB the girls gave you a big shout out for helping with kick line training:)

I think they were referring to Shelly Roper McCaslin...  She was a former Rangerette/DCC and has been shown several times before helping with the kickline on the show.

images.jpg

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 3

I was watching Michelle Keys intagram story and I believe I spotted Holly at a class- certainly looked like her with the hair. Tried to screen shot but i couldn't get it right/clear .  If it was her interesting that she was not front row like she usually is at Michelle's classes and that there wasn't a video of her just dancing -as prior to "Hollygate" she was  always shown. Again big if - but certainly looked like her from the little I saw. Anyone else watch and can comment?

edit- there is a screenshot in the 2017 Training Camp thread. Some debate of if it's Holly or not. Will be interesting to see when Holly reappears on social media and also if she does these classes as she was a pretty consistent attendee and guest choreographer.  

Edited by Domino9062
42 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

@ShellyB the girls gave you a big shout out for helping with kick line training:)

That's a shout out to the other Shelly ☺️ Her #thing is kicklines. I work on kicks, just not as intensely as her nights are dedicated to kick clinics. 

• Love 2