Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

So I've been buying old seasons on Amazon and have made it to S6. But some of the episodes have huge chunks cut out -- like entire segments. They'll show "coming up" scenes, like before a commercial break and then skip an entire rehearsal and go straight to the girls waiting to go into the office.  I'm mystified. It seems like they tried to make the episodes shorter in some cases. 

Anyone else noticed this??

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

So I've been buying old seasons on Amazon and have made it to S6. But some of the episodes have huge chunks cut out -- like entire segments. They'll show "coming up" scenes, like before a commercial break and then skip an entire rehearsal and go straight to the girls waiting to go into the office.  I'm mystified. It seems like they tried to make the episodes shorter in some cases. 

Anyone else noticed this??

Yep. It's been mentioned on this forum a lot. I too have all the episodes with chunks missing. The only way to see the entire episode is on CMT website IF you are a prescriber of CMT and can remember your password.  Even  with CMT many of the seasons do not have the original music from the show but cheesy replacement music.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:37 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

Yikes.  This year's squad must be really weak because this whole routine had zero energy.  The only one I noticed was Jenna, and even she lost some of her normal luster being surrounded by such a lifeless performance.  DCC has some major rebuilding to do, especially if this is Jenna's last year.

I don't think it's the squad's fault on this one. The song is upbeat and fast-paced, but that choreo isn't. They could do so much more with that song...

On 9/2/2017 at 5:59 PM, sleepyjean said:

Holy cow! Those eyebrows are way too much. She has delicate features and those eyebrows look like clown paint.  The girl is gorgeous but someone hide her eyebrow pencil fast.

• Love 4
On 9/3/2017 at 10:18 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Tried to focus on several girls. 

Jenna is the queen of hairography, and this routine really suits her.

Bess is so underrated! 

Tara has a killer body, I think she dropped alot looking at Jets flight crew pictures.

Yuko is chasing the music, put her in the back because it's super noticeable. 

Jessika needs to be on WW, and she was heavy-ish to me last year too. Don't know how that gets overlooked.

I totally think Lacey would be a perfect point, some don't think she pops but she's miles ahead of Kashara. Hope to see her as PBC.

Cersten needs a different hairstyle, wish we could see her stay but if med school is still the dream then this will be it for her. :/

Kelli does great in some routine and doesn't pop in others. Wish she was consistent. 

I agree with you on all this especially Jessica yikes.

10 hours ago, Java said:

Holy cow! Those eyebrows are way too much. She has delicate features and those eyebrows look like clown paint.  The girl is gorgeous but someone hide her eyebrow pencil fast.

Well since that was a while ago, I'm hoping they aren't as tragic now when she does her makeup.

• Love 2

I maybe am in the minority here but I LOVE Tina Kalina! She's so pleasant yet snarky. My idea of a dream episode would be Tina and Kitty watching practice and inserting their snark. (Ok maybe I love them because that's how I am too!) watching Tina and Kitty together would be like the 2 old guys from the Muppets with their running commentary. 

So far I am liking this season SO much more than the last 3. I loved seeing the vets practicing for finals and Kelly calling some in to chat. I also loved seeing some alumni. 

Favorite DCCs of all time are:

Natalie Woods

Kelsi Reich

Courtney from season 9

Kinzie

Megan C

Gina Beccheti

Jackie Bob

Nicole Hamilton 

Megan Fox

Sasha Agent

Least faves

Sarah Gourley

Breelan (oh she annoyed me! I fast forward all her scenes)

Morgan (same as Breelan)

Cassie

Ally Traylor

I am sure there are more on both lists but I'm tired and that's all I can think of  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

I maybe am in the minority here but I LOVE Tina Kalina! She's so pleasant yet snarky. My idea of a dream episode would be Tina and Kitty watching practice and inserting their snark. (Ok maybe I love them because that's how I am too!) watching Tina and Kitty together would be like the 2 old guys from the Muppets with their running commentary. 

So far I am liking this season SO much more than the last 3. I loved seeing the vets practicing for finals and Kelly calling some in to chat. I also loved seeing some alumni. 

Natalie Woods

Kelsi Reich

Courtney from season 9

Kinzie

Megan C

Gina Beccheti

Jackie Bob

Nicole Hamilton 

Megan Fox

Sasha Agent

Least faves

Sarah Gourley

Morgan (same as Breelan)

Cassie

Ally Traylor

I am sure there are more on both lists but I'm tired and that's all I can think of  

Care to comment on why the DCCs made your least favorite list?

What exactly did Holly do that people are upset about? Sorry, I tried asking on another thread and they directed me here. But, I got through about 7 pages of this thread before giving up a chance at finding it. (I can't go back through 23 pages of this thread to find out, lol).

Also, what's the backstory with Kelsey? I love her and think she's gorgeous, but it seems like some posters think she's spoiled or something. Not sure where the hate comes from

• Love 1

@TeriyakiTerror, add Deryn Derbigny, Sunni Cranfill, Brittany Evans and Jordan Chanley to the list of favorite DCC's and our lists are pretty close!

Most disliked:

Not a DCC, but Vivian and all of her begging/ sense of entitlement. " I deserve a spot on this squad!"

Bitch, please!

Chelsea. She was a little smartass who thought she was being funny.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 7

I don't see why Stephanie is on the team. In my honest opinion she's not a great dancer. I've noticed 2 major mistakes at public performances between last year and this year. As a third year vet, you would think she would have her routines down. Not to mention, she looks like she's in her late 30s and it's not a cute look. I think it's totally unfair that they put her through to finals with noticeable weight issues and cut two other vets for weight. If you're gonna cut one vet for weight, cut them all.  That's a standard they know they should keep up on. 

• Love 8
On 9/6/2017 at 6:29 AM, Java said:

Someone needs to hide her makeup stash altogether. Her neck is completely different and if it's SO obvious you're wearing too much makeup in a pic, that would definitely look like a mask in real life as well. She is so pretty, so i don't get why she puts so much on her face.

Miranda on the other hand looks completely different with make up on. I actually didn't recognize her in her IG pics and I don't even think she looks stunning on the show. She somehow looks younger when she puts on makeup.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Stan39 said:

What exactly did Holly do that people are upset about? Sorry, I tried asking on another thread and they directed me here. But, I got through about 7 pages of this thread before giving up a chance at finding it. (I can't go back through 23 pages of this thread to find out, lol).

Also, what's the backstory with Kelsey? I love her and think she's gorgeous, but it seems like some posters think she's spoiled or something. Not sure where the hate comes from

IDK why they directed you here, but Holly didn't really "do" anything besides be a "show off" while she dances and her alleged underage drinking. People don't like Kelsey because she's pretty and they think that's the only reason she's on the team.

12 hours ago, Dallasfan89 said:

I don't see why Stephanie is on the team. In my honest opinion she's not a great dancer. I've noticed 2 major mistakes at public performances between last year and this year. As a third year vet, you would think she would have her routines down. Not to mention, she looks like she's in her late 30s and it's not a cute look. I think it's totally unfair that they put her through to finals with noticeable weight issues and cut two other vets for weight. If you're gonna cut one vet for weight, cut them all.  That's a standard they know they should keep up on. 

She's much more of a power dancer IMO. When she dances, I always notice how she punctuates her moves. She isn't the best to watch, and she doesn't really stand out TO ME, but I guess there is something about her that we really don't see in our limited clips of her that they do.

18 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Holly allegedly engaged in behavior that would appear to violate the contract she signed with the DCC. Rather than accept disciplinary action for her allegedly less than professional behavior,  she allegedly quit the team and now does nothing but post IMO passive aggressive posts, vapid selfies in her car, and use the name of the organization she's no longer employed by to promote the dance classes she's holding for little girls. 

I think that's why people are irritated with her; they thought she had more maturity and self respect than what she's demonstrated. Yes, she's young and makes mistakes, but she seems to be just as much of a showboat off the field as she is on. 

The girl has seriously had a bad summer. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

@TeriyakiTerror, add Deryn Derbigny, Sunni Cranfill, Brittany Evans and Jordan Chanley to the list of favorite DCC's and our lists are pretty close!

Most disliked:

Not a DCC, but Vivian and all of her begging/ sense of entitlement. " I deserve a spot on this squad!"

Bitch, please!

Chelsea. She was a little smartass who thought she was being funny.

Totally agree with your post and I loved Sunni Cranfill!  I have this three year theory.  To me the third year is (in theory, does not fit all) when a DCC is at her best.  They have some added natural confidence that comes with seniority, they have the dances and the protocols down pat, they haven't yet ruined their joints with jump splits.  We've seen a lot of really good girls call it after three years.  Four years they're hanging on to make it to that 5th year charm, most of their rookie class is gone and 5th year they're kind of lone rangers and in some cases just ready to be done.  Third year is the golden year in my mind :)

• Love 4
On 9/7/2017 at 0:47 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Care to comment on why the DCCs made your least favorite list?

Sarah Gourley, aside from having resting bitch face, always seemed bitchy to me. She just rubbed me wrong. 

Breelan. Ugh. I thought they focused so much on her that year. I thought she made annoying faces and I was never impressed with her dancing. She was just no where near as good as the next worst person (if that makes sense lol)

Morgan. Good Lord. She was always standing there with her mouth open and she whines when she talks. She was another one whose dancing never impressed me and they focused on a lot. 

Cassie was always injured it seemed. Her first season, when they corrected her, she suddenly needed an inhaler.  She was one who could dish out crap to others but couldn't take it herself. And Judy said a lot of "I heard that...(insert lockeroom gossip here)" leading me to believe Cassie was talking about everyone. 

Ally was the classic teacher's pet. No one seemed to like her and she was always sucking up to K/J. She seemed to be out for herself instead of the team, unless K/J were present. Then it was all "look at me I'm a leader!" 

• Love 4
On 9/7/2017 at 10:13 AM, GBPackersfan said:

Natalie Woods

Kelsi Reich

Courtney from season 9

Kinzie

Megan C

Gina Beccheti

Jackie Bob

Nicole Hamilton 

Megan Fox

Sasha Agent

Least faves

Sarah Gourley

Morgan (same as Breelan)

Cassie

Ally Traylor

I like Tina Kalina too.  I think she is adorable and she seems like so much fun.  I know people were mad about the comment she made about Chandler looking like a grandma but I thought she was right about that.

• Love 6

My opinions:

I miss Megan, but happy she's moved onto a fabulous life where she's not being fat shamed, the woman was a powerful dancer. With this season's mess, I'm betting they miss her too. 

I loved Holly, but I'm over the pearl clutching about underage drinking or whatever the hell happened. I really need it to shown and done so the meltdowns can happen and everyone can move on.

I like Yuko and I think Kelsey is awesome.

Kalyssa reminds me of a stripper. The blowing kisses and hair tosses are getting old. 

Kashara is getting a lot of sniping from Jenna fans, but she's really having a great year. She blew them away with her solo and has just kept on going.

TCC-I don't see what was so special about Katelynn, or whatever her name was. The LSU vampire. She looked like Halloween and the dancing wasn't that good. Forget makeovers, did the woman think she was auditioning for Fright Fest?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tina made one rude comment, which wasn't that far off base, and she's been turned into Satan here. I don't like that.

I agree. She was asked for her input and offered it. Kelli and Judy have said far worse about candidates over the years.

• Love 4

Worse things have been said about Cassie, Kashara, Jenna, Holly, Megan, etc (regularly in some of their cases) on this board than Tina saying Chandler looks like a grandma, so yeah, add me in the "I don't get the Tina hate" camp lol.

• Love 9

I do not care for Tina in any stretch of the imagination, but I do agree posters and yes I include myself in this, and Miss Kitty, Judy, Kelli and the judges have said make Tina's grandma comment look like a sweet comment instead of eek!!! put a bag over the poor girl'a face and call it a day. My one problem is when Kelli stated what has been said on social media and forum fan pages about the girls and the organization itself are darn right mean and hurts the girls' feelings, but it alright for her, Judy, Charlotte, her best friend from her DCC days, and others within the organization make certain comments about the girls which can be consider mean to the point the girls' emotions are hurt. Double standard and the ole the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind here.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not care for Tina in any stretch of the imagination, but I do agree posters and yes I include myself in this, and Miss Kitty, Judy, Kelli and the judges have said make Tina's grandma comment look like a sweet comment instead of eek!!! put a bag over the poor girl'a face and call it a day. My one problem is when Kelli stated what has been said on social media and forum fan pages about the girls and the organization itself are darn right mean and hurts the girls' feelings, but it alright for her, Judy, Charlotte, her best friend from her DCC days, and others within the organization make certain comments about the girls which can be consider mean to the point the girls' emotions are hurt. Double standard and the ole the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind here.

I will never understand why they want to be mean to these girls in any way.  It takes such courage to audition for DCC.  Putting someone down especially in front of the world on camera is cruel.  These girls need encouragement.  Why Kitty or Kelli would want the reputation as begin a mean person I will never understand.  I know they do a lot of it for the cameras but that is no excuse to hurt someone.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dbell1 said:

My opinions:

I miss Megan, but happy she's moved onto a fabulous life where she's not being fat shamed, the woman was a powerful dancer. With this season's mess, I'm betting they miss her too. 

I loved Holly, but I'm over the pearl clutching about underage drinking or whatever the hell happened. I really need it to shown and done so the meltdowns can happen and everyone can move on.

I like Yuko and I think Kelsey is awesome.

Kalyssa reminds me of a stripper. The blowing kisses and hair tosses are getting old. 

Kashara is getting a lot of sniping from Jenna fans, but she's really having a great year. She blew them away with her solo and has just kept on going.

TCC-I don't see what was so special about Katelynn, or whatever her name was. The LSU vampire. She looked like Halloween and the dancing wasn't that good. Forget makeovers, did the woman think she was auditioning for Fright Fest?

I noticed that every year they have a girl that blows kisses into the camera when they are entering Kitty's studio.  Last year it was Mandy and the year before that it was Amy T.

On 9/10/2017 at 0:49 PM, Jess14 said:

Worse things have been said about Cassie, Kashara, Jenna, Holly, Megan, etc (regularly in some of their cases) on this board than Tina saying Chandler looks like a grandma, so yeah, add me in the "I don't get the Tina hate" camp lol.

+1

• Love 4

My problem is the victim's aftermath. Megan's thutt, I remember  her tears :'( , Bring it On's face not HD worthy(What? she was a cutie) , and Chandler's grandma thing, they probably remember all this crap when they look in a mirror.  Give 'em hell about their dance technique, but stop with this type of thing.   If you don't like the look, there are other ways to say so. 

Edited by Dopeydwarf
  • Love 7

This seems like the right place to post this.... I want to make a playlist of the songs the DCC dance to for running motivation.  I've got Thunderstruck, and fireball (even though that song drives me crazy), and Loud, but now I'm watching videos and trying to shazam the songs and it's taking forever.  What's your favorite song the girls dance to so i can add it to my list??

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

What is that Lady Gaga song........................??  Michelle Keys choreographed a routine to it and the girls learned the dance the first night in training camp.

They learned a dance to Little Mix Power this year, last year she did choreo to her song A-Yo.

They also dance to a remix of Kanye West Power. 

• Love 1
On 9/4/2017 at 9:42 AM, Hummingbird24 said:

It's probably a good thing most of them are quite young! I couldn't imagine doing that in my 30s or now in my 40s. Lol. I am a 9:30 bedtime person. I'm a sickie though.

Haha, exactly what I was just thinking!  When I was 20-22, I went to school full time, plus worked a full time job and a part time job (both in retail, so on my feet).  I can't imagine doing that now, but at the time it was no problem!  Ah, to be young again.

On 9/7/2017 at 10:13 AM, GBPackersfan said:

Bahaha, I am loving this visual of Tina and Kitty!  I liked Tina, too.  She seems like someone I'd want to knock back a couple of bottles of Pinot Grigiot and hit up Neimans with.  Fun in a Real Housewives kind of way.

• Love 3

It's A-yo.  I was watching them learn the first dance and I recognized the choreo from Michelle's Instagram.  I remember thinking that if they are going to show this routine, do so with the Lady Gaga song, not the horrible music they use to avoid paying royalties:)

• Love 1

Holly is currently doing a live on Instagram and Erica mentioned she has five bulging disks in her neck/back and a tear in a muscle (labrum??) in her shoulder. Not sure if I spelled that correctly. She's been going to therapy three times a week. It must be so painful :((

9 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Holly is currently doing a live on Instagram and Erica mentioned she has five bulging disks in her neck/back and a tear in a muscle (labrum??) in her shoulder. Not sure if I spelled that correctly. She's been going to therapy three times a week. It must be so painful :((

Poor thing:(  Did she injure herself dancing for DCC?  Or somewhere else?

I can't believe she's still moving around with five bulging discs in her neck/back, not to mention the muscle tear.  The pain must be incredible!  Well, this is probably why she's not with the team anymore (at least for now).  It's definitely a season ending injury before the season even began.  With the other injuries we've seen, if they happened during the season (Brook's is the only one I can think of and MAYBE Cassie's), the girls could still attend rehearsals and games even if they weren't dancing.  If the injuries happen in Training Camp, the girls are usually dismissed.  I don't know if this applies to Veterans, but it could.

Hair whipping for three years could explain it. . . maybe.  I hope a medical expert can chime in here, but I don't believe it.  There have been too many girls who've made it through Training Camp and through numerous performances and yet, they've never mentioned have bulging discs in their necks/back.   We've been told knees have blown out, tendons/ligaments snap, but they've been mainly leg injuries.  I'm fairly certain that someone would have mentioned neck/back issues by now if it was such a prominent issue.

Brooke's injury was during TC, and she was not cut from the team. In her case, another girl went into the jump split too early or too late during a Show Group performance practice. She was out for a few months after surgery and physical therapy before joining the team again in the regular football season.

Can someone answer this for me?  I have been watching this show for years.  I download it with amazon.  Why is CMT not releasing the first 2 seasons of the show?  I don't have cable so I cant watch them on the CMT site.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GWN 617 said:

Can someone answer this for me?  I have been watching this show for years.  I download it with amazon.  Why is CMT not releasing the first 2 seasons of the show?  I don't have cable so I cant watch them on the CMT site.

Can't say for sure, but my guess would be because they are in SD and they look like crap.   I've watched them before (on CMT) and they really do look bad.  It could also be something to do with footage or music in the shows, sometimes they only license media for 10 years, and we are at the 10 year mark now.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

does anyone know what this song is I know as soon as you tell me I am going to feel dumb for not knowing....

It's a remix of Kanye West Power, the regular version doesn't sound quite like this though and most remixes of the song are copyrighted so it'll be hard to find the exact version. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

Can't say for sure, but my guess would be because they are in SD and they look like crap.   I've watched them before (on CMT) and they really do look bad.  It could also be something to do with footage or music in the shows, sometimes they only license media for 10 years, and we are at the 10 year mark now.

Count me as another who has always wondered about the first 2-hour special plus seasons 1 and 2 not being available.  Seasons 1 and 2 have never been available (besides the CMT site), so it's likely not a 10-year licensing thing.  But I would love to have them in my iTunes library!  And even though they are in SD (standard definition), they are still great episodes.  I loved seeing the rockstar vets of later seasons (especially Brooke and Abigail) in their rookie seasons.

• Love 4