Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's a remix of Kanye West Power, the regular version doesn't sound quite like this though and most remixes of the song are copyrighted so it'll be hard to find the exact version. 

I thought so... I was listening to it and thinking, it's kinda like this but not really.........

thank you :-)

34 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Count me as another who has always wondered about the first 2-hour special plus seasons 1 and 2 not being available.  Seasons 1 and 2 have never been available (besides the CMT site), so it's likely not a 10-year licensing thing.  But I would love to have them in my iTunes library!  And even though they are in SD (standard definition), they are still great episodes.  I loved seeing the rockstar vets of later seasons (especially Brooke and Abigail) in their rookie seasons.

they probably aren't up to par for itunes library.  There are tech specs you have to meet to be on itunes.

for the video nerds..... (just me!!??) looks like they take SD, but those look like they were shot on DV Cam, which degrades a lot over time and I bet it's just not worth the hassle to pull them out and pay to convert them and pay for the music with expired licenses. 

https://images.apple.com/nz/itunes/lp-and-extras/docs/iTunes_VideoandAudio_Asset_Guide5.2.pdf

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 2
On 9/7/2017 at 6:15 PM, Stan39 said:

What exactly did Holly do that people are upset about? Sorry, I tried asking on another thread and they directed me here. But, I got through about 7 pages of this thread before giving up a chance at finding it. (I can't go back through 23 pages of this thread to find out, lol).

Also, what's the backstory with Kelsey? I love her and think she's gorgeous, but it seems like some posters think she's spoiled or something. Not sure where the hate comes from

People are upset because they feel betrayed. There was a lot of Holly worship, and she was made out to be the best dancer who ever danced in addition to thinking she was sweet and kind because she'd comment back on Instagram, etc. When it was revealed that she's just a narcissistic drama queen, the worshipers flipped.

Kelsey's backstory is Judy doesn't like her bc she barely has any technique, and Kelli doesn't like her bc she thinks she's stupid. Both know she's slow to learn choreo, but she's also one of the prettiest they've ever had, fans love her, so they're better of keeping her than losing her. They resent her.

She's not dramatic, not spoiled, or any more narcissistic than the millions of 20 somethings who live on social media. Don't hate her because she's beautiful.

• Love 3

In my opinion, I do not hate Kelsey because she is beautiful. I do not care for the fact she made the team because of her looks alone. Kelli always says she wants girls with the total package, and Charlotte goes on and on about only choosing the best for the squad, but it is plain to see Kelsey is only there on looks alone. I think Judy and Kelli were told to keep her no matter what, and they are not happy about it. In otherwords, male appeal wins again. I also think there has been a lot more attractive girls on the squad now and before Kelsey came down the turnpike who have the total package.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

People are upset because they feel betrayed. There was a lot of Holly worship, and she was made out to be the best dancer who ever danced in addition to thinking she was sweet and kind because she'd comment back on Instagram, etc. When it was revealed that she's just a narcissistic drama queen, the worshipers flipped.

Kelsey's backstory is Judy doesn't like her bc she barely has any technique, and Kelli doesn't like her bc she thinks she's stupid. Both know she's slow to learn choreo, but she's also one of the prettiest they've ever had, fans love her, so they're better of keeping her than losing her. They resent her.

She's not dramatic, not spoiled, or any more narcissistic than the millions of 20 somethings who live on social media. Don't hate her because she's beautiful.

Ok. Thanks. I still love Kelsey. Count me among the men who think she's gorgeous!! I haven't really followed her dance moves since she appeared on the show, so can't comment on how far/not far she's come. But, she seems sweet and positive and loves this team and tries hard. I also can't fault her for Instagram and social media. I have female friends in their twenties doing the same stuff (hell, in their 30s and 40s). To me it's like those people who say, "I'm NEVER going to be a parent who gives my kid a cell phone!"  Yeah, easy to say, but the reality is that this is what it takes to fit in these days. It's a little disheartening, but I don't blame women for it. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Ok. Thanks. I still love Kelsey. Count me among the men who think she's gorgeous!! I haven't really followed her dance moves since she appeared on the show, so can't comment on how far/not far she's come. But, she seems sweet and positive and loves this team and tries hard. I also can't fault her for Instagram and social media. I have female friends in their twenties doing the same stuff (hell, in their 30s and 40s). To me it's like those people who say, "I'm NEVER going to be a parent who gives my kid a cell phone!"  Yeah, easy to say, but the reality is that this is what it takes to fit in these days. It's a little disheartening, but I don't blame women for it. 

Kelsey keeps up just fine. She's not the best dancer, but she's also not dialing it in or making a ton of mistakes now. Overall, she's earned her spot.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I remember last season, episode 3 I believe, when K&J called Kelsey in the office and Judy made it a point to tell Kelsey that she had more in her than she originally thought and apologized. I think Judy respects Kelsey's work ethic and I don't think they hate her, at least not Judy.  I think they like that she can take critique and work on it and learn. I also think the fact that she's late to dancing makes them think that she can one day be a great dancer. At least that's why they said they kept her over Kendall. Her beauty certainly helped, but I think the progress she made along with her personality and work ethic is what ultimately put her on the team.  They have cut some georgeous girls in the past if they could not get the dancing or power down and will continue to do so every year.  As for why they were so hard on her, who knows. Maybe they wanted to push her. I had a teacher in school who would give me the blues but she later told me it was because she knew I was smart and would not allow me to be lazy. Who knows but I, for one, am glad to see Kelsey on the team and hope she's a 5 year girl. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, I do not hate Kelsey because she is beautiful. I do not care for the fact she made the team because of her looks alone. Kelli always says she wants girls with the total package, and Charlotte goes on and on about only choosing the best for the squad, but it is plain to see Kelsey is only there on looks alone. I think Judy and Kelli were told to keep her no matter what, and they are not happy about it. In otherwords, male appeal wins again. I also think there has been a lot more attractive girls on the squad now and before Kelsey came down the turnpike who have the total package.

I think once she knows a dance, she has nice power and projection, too.  Definitely not one of their rockstar dancers for sure, but she's worthy of top 36.  I think they do like her work ethic, and appreciate that she put in the time to get up to speed.  I feel like they don't hate her, but just feel kind of meh, she's okay.  Decent dancer, beautiful face, she'll do.

7 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think once she knows a dance, she has nice power and projection, too.  Definitely not one of their rockstar dancers for sure, but she's worthy of top 36.  I think they do like her work ethic, and appreciate that she put in the time to get up to speed.  I feel like they don't hate her, but just feel kind of meh, she's okay.  Decent dancer, beautiful face, she'll do.

Good to know. On another thread people were commenting about her being spoiled and all the vacation/Instagram pics she keeps posting. Didn't know if she came from money or was seen as a gold digger or something. It seems like maybe people are just jealous. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Good to know. On another thread people were commenting about her being spoiled and all the vacation/Instagram pics she keeps posting. Didn't know if she came from money or was seen as a gold digger or something. It seems like maybe people are just jealous. 

Kelsey and her man (Brodie Smith, pro Frisbee is a thing apparently and he has 1M+ followers: https://www.instagram.com/brodiesmith21/) seem incredibly well suited...her goofy personality seems to match up nicely with his.  IIRC, he has quite a few endorsements and such, and he's probably taking the girl he loves on trips.  I spend all my money on travel too!  She could be a giant spoiled rotten asshole though, I don't know her in person.  One of our fellow posters that I really like and respect does, though, so that's enough for me to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I can't imagine living with social media in my late teens and 20's, much less with the added perks of being a DCC.  I'd probably be making a quick buck or two too.  If I thought someone would pay me now, I would do it!

Edited by kalibean
ETA Brodie's info
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, kalibean said:

She could be a giant spoiled rotten asshole though, I don't know her in person.

True.  I'm guessing, though, that she's just as self absorbed as the rest of them are, nothing worse.

Edited by ByTor
On 9/13/2017 at 9:23 PM, missmansfield said:

I absolutely HATE Jacie's hair with the frizzy curly look.  It is not flattering at all.

That's just how a lot of humans' hair grow. It's not frizz, it's texture and it's healthier for her not to alter the texture.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

The opinion seems to be that DCC had either blatantly or subconsciously decided they already had the number women of color they wanted on show group.

Yeah not seeing that. Think K&J are a little above racism. ?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yeah not seeing that. Think K&J are a little above racism. ?

I don't think it rises to the level of racism.  And for the record, no one said they were racists.  However, they have said they put girls together during auditions with similar looks.  Meaning they want the squad diverse looks wise.  I think this extends to SG.  And no matter how we would like to pretend our society is color blind,, skin color is part of your look.

While 14% of the team is black (5 of 36), if they all made it. 30% of SG would be black.

I'm not mad, I am a pragmatist.  They want to present a diverse team looks wise, and that appears to extend to race,  Naomi Campbell talks about this in the modelling very frankly.  She said she realized there was only going to one black girl in the show or editorial, and she worked to ensure it was her.

It the other forum, I asked for alternate theories given the comments ABOUT DANCE that we've actually heard.

Just as a quest for look/ethnic diversity helped Yuko make the team, it has hurt Keyra and Khalyn in terms of show group.

Edited by hypeman
Perfecting my rant.
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I don't think it rises to the level of racism.  And for the record, no one said they were racists.  However, they have said they put girls together during auditions with similar looks.  Meaning they want the squad diverse looks wise.  I think this extends to SG.  And no matter how we would like to pretend our society is color blind,, skin color is part of your look.

While 14% of the team is black (5 of 36), if they all made it. 30% of SG would be black.

I'm not mad, I am a pragmatist.  They want to present a diverse team looks wise, and that appears to extend to race,  Naomi Campbell talks about this in the modelling very frankly.  She said she realized there was only going to one black girl in the show or editorial, and she worked to ensure it was her.

It the other forum, I asked for alternate theories given the comments ABOUT DANCE that we've actually heard.

Just as a quest for look/ethnic diversity helped Yuko make the team, it has hurt Keyra and Khalyn in terms of show group.

All of this (except as I said in the episode thread, I'm not quite as convinced that Khalyn is a powerhouse dancer). No one appears to be saying that K&J are awful racists who have it out for the black girls. Clearly that's not the case, but I dont understand why we should discount that looks (which race is a part of) are a factor in the decision. Beyond the fact that they already had Jenna, Robyn, and Cersten, I think they probably wanted some more blondes on show group, and the only place to go to get a few more on show team was the rookie class.

• Love 1

I think the reason we don't see Khayln as much on the show is because she is such a good dancer that she doesn't get called out as much for us to be interested enough to see it. She was called into the office only once her rookie season and it was about confidence. I think she outdances at least 3 girls that were chosen.

Keyra, I believe, has been the most positively commented on rookie this season, really really wanted to make show group, and was not chosen. That is strange. 

The only reasons that make sense (not that they are good, but I'll put my K&J hat on) is that they wanted more show group blondes, and to fill up the SG roster with great audition solos/barbie recipients in order to incorporate those solos into the tour. I can't remember but I don't think either of them received Barbies.

I just feel like in a fair and just world, the only Blondes that should have made Show Group are Kashara and Kalyssa, and Maggie... -maybe- Heather O. The only reason I'm excluding Lauren is because we are always reminded of her memory problems. Wouldn't they rather her focus on the 50 dances they need to learn for the summer then have her be a great choice for next year?

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 1

I'm not upset. We all are saying the same thing.  They wanted more blondes and they had enough black girls are two sides of the same coin.

The point I really wanted to make was that show group is not "the best of the best," it's actually the best within your "look."

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

I think the reason we don't see Khayln as much on the show is because she is such a good dancer that she doesn't get called out as much for us to be interested enough to see it. She was called into the office only once her rookie season and it was about confidence. I think she outdances at least 3 girls that were chosen.

That may well be the case regarding Khalyn. I feel like I just haven't seen much of Khalyn dancing, and I would love to see more clips of her. I have no doubt that she's probably at very least in the same range as Tasha and Stephanie who both made it. I just don't recall her ever being talked about on the board or on the show as one of "the best." That's certainly doesn't me she isn't though. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

That may well be the case regarding Khalyn. I feel like I just haven't seen much of Khalyn dancing, and I would love to see more clips of her. I have no doubt that she's probably at very least in the same range as Tasha and Stephanie who both made it. I just don't recall her ever being talked about on the board or on the show as one of "the best." That's certainly doesn't me she isn't though. 

Khalyn is sort of Lacey 2.0 to me. Flies under the radar way too much considering her looks and dance ability. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Khalyn is sort of Lacey 2.0 to me. Flies under the radar way too much considering her looks and dance ability. 

I can absolutely see that. Lacey has always been an excellent dancer, but up until this year, I always thought she was overshadowed by Melissa and Erica from her rookie class. Almost by default this year, she's been thrust to the front and I'm finally focusing on her. I wouldn't be shocked to see a similar exodus of strong dancers next year. I could see Kashara and Lacey sticking around, but I would he surprised if Jenna or Jinelle come back, and there seem to be a number of vets who may nearing their late 20s and will start to look at leaving for real careers. Hopefully, next year will be Khalyn's time to shine if she returns. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

The opinion seems to be that DCC had either blatantly or subconsciously decided they already had the number women of color they wanted on show group.

Um yeah that's a little farfetched. K & J have had favorites who are black for example Jackie Bob she still works with them she was even in the WOW award deliberation last night. And Kelli cried when she had to cut Alexandra she really loved her and was rooting for her. It's like you're implying K &J are racists. Maybe Keyra got outperformed. She's still good and on that field 

• Love 3
On 9/12/2017 at 5:20 PM, Collette1104 said:

This seems like the right place to post this.... I want to make a playlist of the songs the DCC dance to for running motivation.  I've got Thunderstruck, and fireball (even though that song drives me crazy), and Loud, but now I'm watching videos and trying to shazam the songs and it's taking forever.  What's your favorite song the girls dance to so i can add it to my list??

I don't think they do a routine for it but I love that Break a Sweat song....they play it on the show like last season alot. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Don't be suprised if Tasha and Stephanie are done after this year. I think they reward some girls on their way out with show group, etc. Keyra has plenty of time to be on show group. 

Tell that to Angela! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, hypeman said:

I'm not upset. We all are saying the same thing.  They wanted more blondes and they had enough black girls are two sides of the same coin.

The point I really wanted to make was that show group is not "the best of the best," it's actually the best within your "look."

If I recall Kelli has often categorized their looks by blonds, brunettes and redheads. Not white, hispanic, black, Asian etc. So she would be a brunette. Maybe they had an abundance of brunettes already. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, sooooo ill said:

If I recall Kelli has often categorized their looks by blonds, brunettes and redheads. Not white, hispanic, black, Asian etc. So she would be a brunette. Maybe they had an abundance of brunettes already. 

OK, if it is more comfortable to think of it in those terms.

My point still remains, no matter how you delineate the groups, show group is not the best 16 dancers, but the best of your 'LOOK" group,

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, hypeman said:

OK, if it is more comfortable to think of it in those terms.

My point still remains, no matter how you delineate the groups, show group is not the best 16 dancers, but the best of your 'LOOK" group,

Looks and dancing. That's what it boils down to. Probably 40% looks  and 60% dancing. Looks do matter in life whether we like it or not especially in DCC. Keyra is cute but come on. Her dancing is what got her on the team. She's an awesome performer. Not everything is about black and white lol

• Love 3

Does anyone think that K&J would put Jenna (GL), Robin (2GL), Cersten, Khalyn, and Keyra all in one group (I'm referring to the small groups not show group). I think there's not a chance in hell that it would happen, yet Group 2 has 5 blondes on it right now. I think hair color is a factor, and I'm sure height is as well, and any other factor that makes up one's looks, such as race. That doesn't mean anyone is racist, just that they're not colorblind.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Does anyone think that K&J would put Jenna (GL), Robin (2GL), Cersten, Khalyn, and Keyra all in one group (I'm referring to the small groups not show group). I think there's not a chance in hell that it would happen, yet Group 2 has 5 blondes on it right now. I think hair color is a factor, and I'm sure height is as well, and any other factor that makes up one's looks, such as race. That doesn't mean anyone is racist, just that they're not colorblind.

Ya that would be wild. Never say never tho lol. If they did I'm sure some one on here would find it "offensive and discriminatory" either way. Even tho, it would be a bomb ass group. 

• Love 3

Maybe they do treat show group audition like a real audition. Meaning everyone auditions and the best from that audition actually get picked. It may just come down to having a good day or a bad day. Maybe Tasha had a great show group audition and maybe Keyra didnt. We don't know enough about the decision process to call anyone out on the decisions they made. They have a lot of different judges for show group, some like Kitty are around a lot and know the girls, others like Neil or Anthony only see show group audition. They can only go by what they see that day. And yes, I do believe K+J have the final word on who makes show group, but I also believe they take the other judges opinions into consideration. If everyone loved Tasha's audition that day it may make them look at her differently and it may make them decide to give her a shot. (I'm only using Tasha as an example since she seems to be the most controversial pick). 

Anyway... just a thought. In the end i have absolutely no idea how show group members are picked. I just don't want to 'accuse' people of being anywhere near racist without thinking of other possibilities. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, sooooo ill said:

Looks and dancing. That's what it boils down to. Probably 40% looks  and 60% dancing. Looks do matter in life whether we like it or not especially in DCC. Keyra is cute but come on. Her dancing is what got her on the team. She's an awesome performer. Not everything is about black and white lol

For Show Group, I would think they would want the Best Dancers that are fast learners that are personable. At this point, they are all beautiful and yes Keyra is beautiful, and I would want the best on SG.

Keyra was robbed! I will keep saying it. She is so positive and personable and so much better than many of the vets picked. 

Blah, I am vexed with her not being chosen. Gina getting picked even made me more ticked. 

• Love 2

I loved Maggie last year and she's obviously a good dancer since she has made show group 2 years in a row but I haven't been impressed with her dancing when she has been shown in the background in this week's episode or last week's episode. It's disappointing. :( 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

For Show Group, I would think they would want the Best Dancers that are fast learners that are personable.

This is where Lauren making SG perplexes me, they were constantly harping on what a slow learner she is...Lauren herself seemed to agree with that assessment.  Whatever, I don't understand this whole "best of the best" thing when they don't appear to do routines that are different from the ones they regularly do with the rest of the squad. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, sooooo ill said:

Um yeah that's a little farfetched. K & J have had favorites who are black for example Jackie Bob she still works with them she was even in the WOW award deliberation last night. And Kelli cried when she had to cut Alexandra she really loved her and was rooting for her. It's like you're implying K &J are racists. Maybe Keyra got outperformed. She's still good and on that field 

I totally agree.  Anytime something does not go someone's way (like Keyra) that's the first thing people blame.  It's really played out and old. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but while all five might be ethnically black, they all have very different looks, shades of hair color, shades of skin, body types, etc. If all five deserve show group, I wouldn't think too much BG would be a factor necessarily. I think what @hypeman is saying makes a lot of sense, though. Every side of the discussion is making sense to me.

Yuko, Simone, Selina are also women of color that aren't on show group, probably because they're not strong enough. I love Keyra and I think she has a lot of wow, but I think rookies get judged for show group a lot harsher than the vets. A rookie who gets called out for a weak kick probably won't be the rookie that makes it, but I bet we'll see her next year. I remember years only one rookie made it and they were SO clear that she was an alternate. 

As for Lauren, she's a slow learner but she's great once she's got it down, and I think with her career choice, she gets bonus points from an ambassador perspective. She's done a lot of traveling and missionary work too, IIRC. And you know...eight pack abs and curly hair to give variety. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, kalibean said:

As for Lauren, she's a slow learner but she's great once she's got it down, and I think with her career choice, she gets bonus points from an ambassador perspective.

This is why I think she made SG, she seems polished and overall just a really nice person.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but while all five might be ethnically black, they all have very different looks, shades of hair color, shades of skin, body types, etc. If all five deserve show group, I wouldn't think too much BG would be a factor necessarily. I think what @hypeman is saying makes a lot of sense, though. Every side of the discussion is making sense to me. 

All 5 definitely look different. In fact, none of them look remotely like the other, but that was kind of the point I was trying to make, though I don't think I made it clearly. The show group issue with Keyra can be argued for sure (we obviously didn't see the whole tryout), but I was more just saying that I don't think that K&J are colorblind which IMO, to think that they wouldn't dare consider race in any decisions, you would have to believe that they would put all 5 bgs together in a group just like the 5 blondes are in group 2, who also all have different looks. I don't believe that they would do that, and I am curious if anyone thinks otherwise. 

To be clear, I'm not criticizing K&J. I don't think theyre racists, and I don't think noticing race makes one a racist. It is what it is, but I don't believe that they take into account every aspect one's "look" except race. I find that unrealistic, but certainly all of us have different opinions, and that's fine. 

• Love 4

You know what is interesting Keyra not making show group is that it was either Kelli or Kitty had three girls move to the front and said these were the best from last night and was disappointed in all these rest. Keyra was in that group. She is definitely dynamic but I do not know her background in dance. Maybe they were looking for girls with more dance experience as well since they do more special dance routines. I do think she is a sweetheart and has charisma:)

• Love 3