Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Khaylyn is so pretty... kashara meh

Honestly? I'm very distracted by Khalyn's teeth. And I'm in love with Kashara.

6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Yes. 

Not to sound stupid, but how is Cersten prounounced? I always assumed it was Ker-sten

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Honestly? I'm very distracted by Khalyn's teeth. And I'm in love with Kashara.

Not to sound stupid, but how is Cersten prounounced? I always assumed it was Ker-sten

Thank you @dreamcatcher I am glad to see I am not the only one distracted by Khalyn's teeth.

Going out on a limb here by saying Claire's hair is not doing her any favors in my opinion. She would look better with a different style and hair color. Just because Kelli likes redheads and longer hair does not mean it looks good on certain girls.

54 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I didn't realize that Keyra was one of the Clovers last fall.

I ran across this today as well.  Apparently, she's an LSU girl too.  I saw a picture of her on the LSU team with Cersten and I think two other current DCC.  If she's friends with several squad members she definitely had a leg up.

Hmmm . . . is it just me or does it sound like the person or people behind that book sound more than a bit bitter?  I wonder if the individuals involved either didn't make the team or didn't make Training Camp because I don't know of anyone else who would write something like this.  Even the immediate "support system" for the girls (i.e. family and friends) wouldn't do something like this.  At least in most cases.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought this was something that Vivian would do, but that would burn FAR too many bridges, both the ones she's already crossed and the ones she has yet to cross, if she was involved in any way and I don't know if she would be willing to do that quite yet.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Not sure if this is the correct place to post . Has anyone seen this? Found it on the Yahoo DCC message board.

I want to know who exactly is writing this. Anybody can cut and paste some quotes and say they have insider info. I call BS.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I want to know who exactly is writing this. Anybody can cut and paste some quotes and say they have insider info. I call BS.

Can someone please pay the $1,000 "truth seeker package" with security, natch, and report back to the group?... ?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

Can someone please pay the $1,000 "truth seeker package" with security, natch, and report back to the group?... ?

As much as Holly annoyed me, if she'd write a tell all, I'd be all TAKE MY MONEY. Erica co-author. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They weren't even interesting quotes. And frankly, if you can't write a summary that makes sense and contradicts itself, I have no interest in reading more, much less paying you up front.

Theres a reason a publishing house isn't picking you up, and there's a lot of terrible plots and poorly written books out there. 

I'm all for hearing an insider's POV, but come on. 

Since my posts were merged: Snippets of Kelly Popcorn, Raylee and Allie's solos. Love Kelly's costume but yikes. 

Edited by kalibean
The merged posts looked crazy.
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Thanks @kalibean for posting the video. For some reason I cannot not post videos from Facebook. I guess I am Facebook challenge. *lol*

Maybe it's because I'm just mobile to mobile? When you're looking at it, click "share" then "copy link." And then just paste it in here. For Instagram you just have to click in the top right, copy link, and then paste in here. 

Hope that helps!!! 

As for my namesake and her jumpsplit...sigh. SIGH. You know Brennan is sitting at home going WTF. 

• Love 1

Just clicked through the rest of the game day photos. I think Tasha looked kind of rough in her pics--muffin tops (mind you, I'd love to have muffin tops that size), flat stringy hair, and hunched up shoulders. She needs bigger shorts. Lacey and Cersten appear to rock every action shot. Christina, not so much. 

Edited by M1977G
Autocorrect

If it's just the one game, and her first game as a DCC, where Christina has a bad jump split, I wouldn't be too worried about it, though I would REALLY get after her for it because it's not only dangerous to her, but to the girls around her and could cause injuries.  Christina was just lucky no one was seriously hurt or even hurt at all.  If she gets reprimanded and still does it, she should get pulled from the kickline for the rest of the season and then either asked not to reaudition or cut at Finals next year.  Once can be explained away, but to do something repeated that could hurt another girl (and have it possibly be a career-ending injury) shows a lack of care, concern, and attention to detail that really worries me.

• Love 1

I think it's a great picture of Dayton and her costume looks good with the color scheme of the graphics. Not that others weren't wearing purple or pink, just that I'm not sure this is nepotism, exactly. Now, if she'd made it to training camp after what we saw, that would have been a whole other story. If anything, I think it might be a little embarrassing to be so prominently featured like this and then be shown doing that interview and somewhat lackluster dancing. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, kalibean said:

They weren't even interesting quotes. And frankly, if you can't write a summary that makes sense and contradicts itself, I have no interest in reading more, much less paying you up front.

Theres a reason a publishing house isn't picking you up, and there's a lot of terrible plots and poorly written books out there. 

I'm all for hearing an insider's POV, but come on. 

Since my posts were merged: Snippets of Kelly Popcorn, Raylee and Allie's solos. Love Kelly's costume but yikes. 

Now we know why Raylee and Ally were cut.

Kelly was a HTC, DMD, AAIA and now a MDC; the girl must know  how to dance  Why would she have such a bad solo?

Edited by MrsEVH
On 8/15/2017 at 8:49 AM, parrotfeathers said:

She must have taken her Come to Jesus talk seriously then.

P.S. that has nothing to do with religion; it's just something we say in the south.

I am absolutely fascinated by your birds!  (Sorry I know not related to DCC)

6 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I am absolutely fascinated by your birds!  (Sorry I know not related to DCC)

Oh thank you very much!  They are fascinating--and messy and destructive!   Most of my pairs are retired from breeding and just enjoy life now.  Some of them have been with me 30 years.   As exciting as it is to have some of the very rare ones, it is a lot of work too.

IMG_1439.jpg

• Love 3
On 8/14/2017 at 1:59 PM, sasha206 said:

My unpopular opinions:  

(1) Many of the cheerleaders aren't pretty.  Are there not enough pretty girls in the big state of Texas?  Most of them look so much older than they are with the harsh makeup.

(2) Hometown team should have homegrown cheerleaders.  Just doesn't feel authentic to have DCC be from Japan.

(3) DCC uniforms are ugly.  Always have been.

(4) Too many girls are starting to come in with six pack abs.  Too many women are over-fit.

(5) What does Judy really do?  The choreography always looks so stale and old.  

(6) I hate Rycroft's big mouth.

(7) Give me more of the dance teacher who tells it like it is.  Less of the add-on "celebrity" judges.  

I disagree with almost everything that you've said here.  Ok, everything.  LOL

On 8/10/2017 at 10:38 PM, Cappuccinagina said:

Please no more "how I overcame stuff" segues. Some are misleading and some are...over dramatic? I mean....My heart goes out to these ladies, but I'm here for the auditions and dancing. Also, I am a little bored of the ladies dancing in apartments and random studios. Show me more auditioning and decrease the amount of cutaways. I would like to see maybe one whole 8-count before moving to another shot. And I totally don't care about what happens before numbers are called I.e. Dancing like at a dance competition before numbers are called  everything seems so disingenuine this episode or fake. Do I need to take a nap? 

Funny!  I remember one of the ladies talking about her psoriasis.  And one talked about mean girls being critical of her dance technique on her childhood dance team.  It made me think how sheltered (and lucky) these ladies are if these have been their hardships in life ?

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'll give psoriasis a pass, autoimmune diseases are no joke & I hear it's overall not a pleasant thing to have.

Yes, yes and did I say yes. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune thyroid disorder in 2003, and it is no walk in the park after having a radiation iodine treatment and now dealing with sensitivity to the one thyroid med I am on and dealing with multiple health issues due to the radiation doing a number on me also. 

I am going out once again on a limb by saying a few of the girls do look older because of their hair style, makeup, and tanning. Two year vet Kelli looks like she is in her forties to me because of her hair, body (looking at her abs and thinness,) makeup and tanning. I can understand why Kelli does not want the girls looking like Casper the Ghost, but the poor girls are too made up at game day, appearances and performances to the point of looking plastic like dolls. They can harp on the All American Girl Look until we all are blue I the face, but I am not seeing it when the girls are all "dolled up" at times. I would rather see the girls look like they do at the swimsuit calendar shoot. Yes, they touched up the pictures big time, but to me they look better without all the makeup, tanning and sometimes another hair style speaks the good type of volume.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 8/19/2017 at 6:38 PM, bigskygirl said:

Going out on a limb here by saying Claire's hair is not doing her any favors in my opinion. She would look better with a different style and hair color. Just because Kelli likes redheads and longer hair does not mean it looks good on certain girls.

I kind of agree with you, at least on style  Unfortunately Kelli likes All Stars to still look like their cameo pics as much as possible. 

9 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

So wait, since Christina *appears to have made a pretty big mistake, does that mean she gets held back from the next game?  How does that work?

I wouldn't think so? They'll probably mention it more than anything. Of course it could be something she struggled with through training camp since we know her kicks were already low. She must be one hell of a dancer if she made the team with kickline problems. 

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. I think Lacey is great. I don't agree with the criticism from some that she's too lyrical or lacks power to be front and center. 

I totally agree. Loving Kashara at point, but wouldn't mind Lacey there either. She may still get her chance.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, tinabee1967 said:

Has anyone seen jackattack5678 on YouTube? She tried out for the DCC this year and recorded video from her vantage point. This girl was on the San Antonio Spurs and is a very talented dancer.

Posted it a few pages back. I like her, I think NBA is a good fit for her but maybe we'll see her next year!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Posted it a few pages back. I like her, I think NBA is a good fit for her but maybe we'll see her next year!

I watched it too, in fact I watched her other auditions.  The whole process with DCC and the other teams was fascinating.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. I think Lacey is great. I don't agree with the criticism from some that she's too lyrical or lacks power to be front and center. 

I don't see it either.

• Love 1

Was just watching this video and wondering....does anyone know what dance team or organization the young ladies in black with the flowy red skirt/flags were? Anyone see a familiar face around 3:15 (I know...I've posted this here before)? :)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Hit submit and forgot to add video link :(
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Was just watching this video and wondering....does anyone know what dance team or organization the young ladies in black with the flowy red skirt/flags were? Anyone see a familiar face around 3:15 (I know...I've posted this here before)? :)

Several local dance studios participated in the Thanksgiving halftime for years. 

• Love 1