Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E06: This is Why You Play Survivor

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

So sick of Ryan and Chrissy. I would laugh so hard if Ryan and Chrissy got voted off back to back in the next two weeks. Ryan is such a weasel, I used to like him a little, but I can't stand him at all now. I am tired of hearing his comments every 5 seconds.  Chrissy is still as smug as ever. Ali should have stayed over JP.

Surprisingly, Joe didn't annoy me this episode, even though he found another idol.  He can still go anytime, though.

Jessica really needs to drop Cole because he is dragging her game down, and I think Jessica can go further without Cole being around. Cole makes her a target right now and in the future.

Lastly, I completely loathe Ryan and Chrissy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

When Ali voted out Patrick, I wrote here that I thought that it was a huge mistake as she knew him from home and that's an advantage in this game that you can only dream of.  A counted on loyal ally.  And he was soooo angry when he voted out, so I do believe that he was.  Most people thought my opinion was idiotic, I guess cuz Patrick has red hair and is evil or whatever (LOL?!).  I still don't get why Ali would do that.  I would have personally taken Patrick to the end.  Even if they only had some trust in each other, that's way more trust than with these knuckleheads you meet for the first time on the island.  An annoying Patrick still seems like someone better keep around than someone like Ryan and Chrissy, who are pretty smooth liars, I guess.  And they REALLY didn't care to have Ali around.

At Tribal, Chrissy turned a certain angle and I saw another person's face - she's so freaking familiar.  Still can't figure out who it is.

So I guess I like Joe.  He's had a string of good episodes, and I always like the Idol Catchers.

2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I for one am sick of seeing the guys' junk up close and personal. Give them some clothes to wear. Comments on the rest to follow. 

1000 points to you for this 

I love how that tribe figured out the strategy to the Immunity challenge.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

They should've named it Survivor: Tools vs Fools 

This made me hysterical lol

There's no "theme" to this season.  There's no "catch".  Why am I watching.  Because of Ryan?  Dream on Baby.  I'm watching because I'm a sucker for this show!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

I still like Chrissy well enough.  I guess I'm a big one for first impressions and it turned out she was smart to let ["other" "older" woman?] be eliminated in the first TC instead of saving her with the 'secret save.'  I was certain that was a fatal choice, but I was wrong and Chrissy was right.

Who sits around and stuffs fish in his face while other, equally hungry, people watch him chow it down?  I'm eating this fish for the group because it's important to all of us I keep my strength up for the challenges.  Spare me.

First there was that whole blabbermouth thing, then Cole got the community food all spitty last week and he continued being an ass this week.  Strike three.  We can lose him anytime, show.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

When Ali voted out Patrick, I wrote here that I thought that it was a huge mistake as she knew him from home and that's an advantage in this game that you can only dream of.  A counted on loyal ally.  And he was soooo angry when he voted out, so I do believe that he was.  Most people thought my opinion was idiotic, I guess cuz Patrick has red hair and is evil or whatever (LOL?!).  I still don't get why Ali would do that.  I would have personally taken Patrick to the end.  Even if they only had some trust in each other, that's way more trust than with these knuckleheads you meet for the first time on the island.  An annoying Patrick still seems like someone better keep around than someone like Ryan and Chrissy, who are pretty smooth liars, I guess.  And they REALLY didn't care to have Ali around.

At Tribal, Chrissy turned a certain angle and I saw another person's face - she's so freaking familiar.  Still can't figure out who it is.

So I guess I like Joe.  He's had a string of good episodes, and I always like the Idol Catchers.

In hindsight, I don't know if Ali could have done much to save Patrick.  Lauren was going to be an automatic vote for him, and I think Devon and Ryan were leaning his way.  Maybe she tried convincing, but saw the writing on the wall and went along with.

I was hoping Ryan would be sorry tonight for voting Roark off last week and getting blindsided.  Hopefully he's getting played by Chrissy.

• Love 6

I don't believe JP will go on any kind of challenge run after merge, any more than James did in his seasons.  The skill set needed to dominate the individual challenges is very different from that needed to help your tribe win group challenges.

I also don't believe JP will run the show strategically or socially. 

So I think Chrissy and Ryan made the right choice, picking non-strategic and slow-witted JP over smart and socially adept Ali.  Especially after Ryan burned Ali at last tribal, and she voted to boot Chrissie.  Ali's theatrics after last tribal kind of sealed her fate. 

• Love 13

I enjoyed the challenges this week. Ryan made me , laugh, he said " I think I'm a friggin weasel"  no delusions of grandeur with that kid, good! 

Love Dr Mike, Joe and gentle Ben.

Those are my F3, even if they are voted out next week.lol Ryan makes up my F4, such a little guy but confident, good social game, he's just so small, I think he might waste away completely.

Cole fainting wasn't a surprise, as soon as his hand was twitching, I knew something was wrong, plus he went all out on the challenge, and I bet he was very dehydrated..

At this point I can't chose a female, it's all Chrissy,Chrissy and more Chrissy. When we see Jessica, she's all over Cole..what kind of gameplay is that?

• Love 3

Cole needs to be gone, what a big baby he is. I was surprised that the medical team didn't show up when he fainted, are they just leaving the medical stuff up to the healers?

• Love 4

I usually don't hate people based on how they act just on how they play. With that in mind, I would rather have JP out tonight. He is clearly going with the floater/caretaker strategy of the game. Yes, He is probably a physical threat but no social game. Floaters take up space and will take your space in the end. (maybe this is a wake up call.....)

I do feel like chrissy controlled the game tonight compare to Ryan last episode. Ali could have been easily manipulated by Ryan at the beginning of the merge. She has so few choices of allies that you can make her feel comfortable in your group. Although, I feel like Ali has made some incorrect choices in her social game....she pretty much voted everyone she was close with at the beginning. 

I really hate Joe's game. It's has no social strategy.....It's all the power from immunity idols. Not only do I hate this strategy the most because It limits that player's social game. He can act the way he is because he knows he has protection. Cockyiness with no reason to be cocky! I can take Chrissy or Ryan because at least she/he knows how the votes will go. They talk and make plans. Of course, there maybe arrogance on the possibility of failure in the plan. (Actually, There has been some studies with monopoly games that rigged players naturally have arrogance towards the normal players aka we can't help to be arrogant when we are ahead)  I blame Survivor's Idol strategy this game because hiding three idols in the same spot completely allows a person who finds an idol will find another one. (I at least like to pretend the idols are random!). Dr. Mike just went and dug up the idol without a single clue.  (good job survivor.....)

• Love 4

Normally I'm bored to tears with balancing challenges - you know, where the survivors have to stand on a seesaw balancing a pingpong ball on a paddle while the elapsed time ticks off onscreen.  But this week's immunity was pretty intense and interesting.

Ali left no impression on me.  At this point I'm only interested in seeing eternally annoying X, Y and Z get bumped.  The rest are cannon fodder.

• Love 2

I'm not sure Cole passed out from lack of food.  I think his brain simply switched off due to lack of activity.   Actually I believe Cole faked the whole thing just to extort more food.

I'm crushing on Jessica but this makes me feel bad about myself because she's crushing on Cole leaving me to wonder what's wrong with me that I would find someone with such dubious taste attractive.

The thing about Ryan is, he didn't have to fake-truce with Ali and get her hopes up.   She was already a goner. But he did it anyway, apparently just for laughs.   That's not strategy, it's sadistic.

Weasels are more attractive than Ryan, especially when he puts on his angry/defensive expression.  

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Way to go, Dr. Mike, for springing to action when Cole "passed out." That was an awesome insight into his character.  No hesitation, straight to a professional assessment.  Dr. Mike is growing on me.  Not only was he so genuinely tickled to catch those little fish, and so determined to rescue them from the fire, but it was all so he could share with the tribe.  That's a class act.

Same here.  I was definitely split in my original opinion of Mike, but he’s definitely fallen on the good side of my judgment fence.  

Ben continues to solidify as one of my favorites this season - the only guy to win a challenge for his tribe without trumpeting his indispensability afterwards.  Hell, Cole was trumpeting before he even won shit.

Ryan was sitting on my fence as well, but he’s fallen off on the other side.  

Ali’s trust in Ryan was definitely misplaced - and her final assessment of him was spot-on.  Ryan pretty much singlehandedly torpedoed Ali’s game.  Gonna miss that ass.  :(

Another Joe idol?  REALLY???  A whole frikkin’ island, and y’all can’t hide it more than a foot away from where it was last time???  Production, you lazy fuckers.

i don’t think Cole faked his original fainting spell - but I do think he chose to milk the hell out of it afterwards, for extra food and pampering.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Love 17

Well, this is a snoozefest. Glad people are warming to Dr Mike, my early fave. There's a handful of contestants I am vaguely interested in - Dr Mike, Lauren, Ben, Ashley and Devon, and... well, that's it. And then there are the grunts and there's Joe and his damn idols, and then there are the endless smirkers, Chrissy, and narrators, Ryan, Ryan, and Ryan. I will do a happy dance when Ryan and Chrissy go home, in any order, preferably Ryan first so I never have to hear another confessional from him.

• Love 11

Hehe I'm happy to say "I told you so" that Ali was just shown in the shadow of Ryan. It's pretty obvious to me that Ryan is the player who wins it all because of everything being told from his point of view and the constant reminder of his great social game. I think getting rid of Ali was the right move cause JP has shown how he can get easily manipulated and he has next to zero game strategy or social game. Now will he win some immunity challenges? Of course he will, but not all of them. They will have time to get rid of him later. While Ali will use all her skills to gather troops around her. It's sad to see her go like this but I think she should have tried to stay more. Fighting with Ryan after the TC was not smart.

Nice job of the editors trying to make us think that Cole was going to be medivaced. The sentence Jess said "I'm not ready to be here without Cole" I bet was a straight question she answered "are you ready to be here without Cole?". I don't appreciate these mind games especially using someone's passing out to create drama.

If Ryan wins I will hate this season forever. I've had enough of this type of players already.

• Love 2

Ben had a bandage on his right shoulder over a tattoo.  Now I'm really curious about what they were covering up.  (I don't think it was an injury.)

If you stood Cole and JP up in front of me, I couldn't tell you which was which.  I'm just not caring much this season, not finding a whole lot of people to root for.  (I guess I like Ben, Mike, and would like Jessica if she'd get over her fascination with Cole.)  It seems to me there are more villains this time around.  

6 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Cole fainting wasn't a surprise, as soon as his hand was twitching, I knew something was wrong, plus he went all out on the challenge, and I bet he was very dehydrated..

Yep.  I don't think he was faking.  As soon as his hand started shaking I thought, this guy is dehydrated.  I'm sure the medical team took a look at him off camera and judged him fine to continue playing.  But as someone else said, he sure milked it for what it was worth.  

• Love 6

I don't think Cole was faking but he enjoyed the hell out of it afterward. I like Lauren and I think she stood back and looked unemotional for a few possible reasons - 1. she thought he was faking/fooling around, 2. she knows there are medical people at hand both on the tribe and available from crew so you don't get in the way of real help and 3. she's probably seen people crash out before in her work.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ben had a bandage on his right shoulder over a tattoo.  Now I'm really curious about what they were covering up.  (I don't think it was an injury.)

"Hantz" tattoo? #HangingCurve #HadToSayIt

• Love 4

Well, blah. Another week, another disappointing tribal. I was really hoping for a Cole or JP outster. I definitely think getting rid of those bigger, physical threats right before the merge is a good idea. But whatever. 

I get why Chrissy would want to keep JP. I do think it was a good move for her. She's not going to win physical challenges anyhow, so it doesn't really matter if there's bigger threats in that department. But she and JP have been together since day one and I think keeping him around vs. Ali is a smarter move. Plus, he could be her meat shield. Sometimes keeping those big, physical guys in the game is an advantage, because there's a target before they look at YOU. 

Aaaaand, I guess Ryan has just fully hitched his wagon to Chrissy at this point. He thinks he's so strategic, and maybe he is, but in my mind - final two, I'm giving it to her. I see her mind behind more of these moves than him. But I just really liked Ali. And I liked Roark, and I'm sick of seeing these girls go home. 

JP just irritates me. All his bragging about how his tribe can't win without him. Well, they are certainly aren't winning WITH you. 

And Cole. Look, I don't feel happy to see ANYONE get hurt out there. But I do think Ben and Lauren have a point. Cole seems like the kind of vain dude who works out and eats so you can really see the cut of his muscles. But it's always wiser to put vanity aside and pack on some pounds before going into this type of situation. I like seeing Mike bonding more now with Ben and Lauren as opposed to Jess and Cole. But I was really hoping RED would lose and they could send Cole out before the merge. Maybe next week? 

It also would have been interesting to see Blue end up at TC, and what Desi would have done. She seems to recognize that Joe isn't really tied to her, she's just a number to him. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She's looked really familiar to me, too, someone I've seen on Survivor or another reality show before. The closest I've come to is Missy, Baylor's mother, on the most recent season of Blood Vs. Water (Natalie won). But I don't remember Missy well enough to know if that's who Chrissy reminds me of.  The flight attendants from TAR 14 were the first to come to mind.

8 hours ago, candall said:

Who sits around and stuffs fish in his face while other, equally hungry, people watch him chow it down?  I'm eating this fish for the group because it's important to all of us I keep my strength up for the challenges.  Spare me.

Not sure if this is about Mike, but the impression I got was that this was his piece of fish and the others had had some. Maybe not. I'll have to rewatch.

Regarding Cole needing extra food because of muscle, metabolism, etc., hey Cole, you're playing Survivor! That's what happens on this show! There's not much food and you get very HUNGRY! It happens to everyone who plays. How you deal with it shows what kind of person you are. You can do a Winnie the Pooh imitation of the paw in the honey jar or suck it up and be happy with your fair share. You don't deserve more than anyone else. (I felt a little sorry for him because the hunger pains must have been immense, but if you go on this show you have to be somewhat mentally prepared for this.)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

So sick of Ryan and Chrissy. I would laugh so hard if Ryan and Chrissy got voted off back to back in the next two weeks. Ryan is such a weasel, I used to like him a little, but I can't stand him at all now. I am tired of hearing his comments every 5 seconds.  Chrissy is still as smug as ever. Ali should have stayed over JP.

I never had an issue with Ryan until this episode. Didn't love him or hate him. Now I really don't like him. I don't know what it is exactly. I think I was partly bothered by the way he reacted to Ali being upset after TC. Like she didn't have a right to be upset. He only apologized when they lost Immunity and he thought he might need her vote against JP. But I guess Queen Chrissy told him they would NOT be voting off JP, so he abandoned that plan. He thinks he's so smart, but I think he's just letting Chrissy lead him around by the nose.

8 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Way to go, Dr. Mike, for springing to action when Cole "passed out." That was an awesome insight into his character.  No hesitation, straight to a professional assessment.  Dr. Mike is growing on me.  Not only was he so genuinely tickled to catch those little fish, and so determined to rescue them from the fire, but it was all so he could share with the tribe.  That's a class act.

Yup. He's growing on me too. It says a lot about a person that they'll share even the smallest fish - while Cole doesn't even think to share the big ones he catches. 

3 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Normally I'm bored to tears with balancing challenges - you know, where the survivors have to stand on a seesaw balancing a pingpong ball on a paddle while the elapsed time ticks off onscreen.  But this week's immunity was pretty intense and interesting.

I liked it too. If anything, it was something new. But I loved that Red was able to figure out a strategy that allowed them to sail right through. 

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Ben continues to solidify as one of my favorites this season - the only guy to win a challenge for his tribe without trumpeting his indispensability afterwards.  Hell, Cole was trumpeting before he even won shit.

So was JP. "They can't win without me". Well, ya just LOST. 

But yes, thank you for reminding me of another reason I like Ben. He's quiet and humble. 

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

i don’t think Cole faked his original fainting spell - but I do think he chose to milk the hell out of it afterwards, for extra food and pampering.

EXACTLY. He's all, "I'm fine guys, I'm fine" - while remaining on the ground with that big grin on his face. 

58 minutes ago, Haleth said:

If you stood Cole and JP up in front of me, I couldn't tell you which was which

JP is more groomed than Cole. He's kind of Ken-doll-esque in that way. Cole seems more sloppy, just like how he eats. 

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Not sure if this is about Mike, but the impression I got was that this was his piece of fish and the others had had some. Maybe not. I'll have to rewatch.

It wasn't about Mike.  During that scene someone (Ben?) said that they appreciated Mike sharing his tiny little fish, and then compared him to Cole, who, more than one time when he got fish, sat and ate the whole thing in front of the tribe and didn't offer them any of it.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

he has the sort of table manners you only see in highchairs

Ha ha! Reminds me of my brother who went headfirst into his birthday cake and had frosting all over his face - he was in a highchair and just turned 1!

Even though I classified Chrissy as a Bad Guy in an earlier post I still kind of like her and am rooting for her, sort of. I get why people don't like her and she bugs me too, but she is "hustling" to stay in the game. Each day she is scrambling, adjusting to events and thinking out plans. I like that proactive kind of player. And while she is cocky and smug, she hasn't been really unkind or selfish or overbearing/belittling to others. I like to watch how they treat each other. You can't trust Chrissy as far as playing the game goes, but I think you can trust her on a decent human being level.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I'll join the Dr Mike chorus, he may have been tired hungry and so on but the change was amazing, his training kicked right in and you could hear it in his voice.   I don't know if that makes me lean toward rooting for him, I don't think I have a favorite yet but I do like an underdog that's out of their element but also tries to learn and do and enjoy the experience not just coast along and let other do for them and Mike is really embracing all of that.

7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I really like Dr. Mike, too, and liked how he responded to Cole's faint.  He was calm and assertive.  I think he knew Cole was simply dehydrated and maybe over heated, not malnourished.  And I believed Cole's faint.  I used to supervise tilt table tests, in which the purpose is to try to induce someone to lose consciousness.  What convinced me was the gibberish that Cole was spewing after he hit the ground.  He's no way near clever enough to fake that level of confusion.  He reoriented quickly because the treatment is to lay flat.  He took care of that on his own, LOL.  Plus, I think the thunking noise was Cole's shoulder, and or grip on the bamboo.  Again, that's not unusual to be stiff or clutching at something.  The stupid look on his face afterward is Cole's typical expression.

Lauren's non-reaction was typical Lauren from what I've seen.  She doesn't react to much, and she probably thought Cole was faking for food.  I think Cole simply loves to be babied.  He practically kicked his legs in joy as he was served rice while he lay on his back.

I believe Cole's faint to.  TBH - I don't think he's smart enough to concoct the right symptoms of what he would think is a "real" faint.  If he wanted to fake it he'd think it was right to just stand up and swoon and drop.  I can't believe he'd know to throw in a few hand tremors first, act disoriented after and think of nonsensical things to say.  He'd do it like he's seen in the movies.  That said though, I don't believe for a second it was hunger vs dehydration and maybe the heat but when Dr Mike suggested he needed food Cole was all over it and everything that came after was him taking advantage - I'd bet he needed nothing more than a full bottle of water and some time in the shade.  I can't wait until the merge, I hope Cole continues his food stealing/I need more because I'm better ways when all the players are together especially since with individual immunity there is no reason for anyone to give him the advantage of more food so seeing him trying to justify it in that way should be entertaining.

As JP's hair grows out he's reminding me of James McArthur from his Hawaii Five-0 days (the original Danno)

110129_0247b2_-_h_2017.jpg

James_MacArthur.jpg

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

She's looked really familiar to me, too, someone I've seen on Survivor or another reality show before. The closest I've come to is Missy, Baylor's mother, on the most recent season of Blood Vs. Water (Natalie won). But I don't remember Missy well enough to know if that's who Chrissy reminds me of.  The flight attendants from TAR 14 were the first to come to mind.

Regarding Cole needing extra food because of muscle, metabolism, etc., hey Cole, you're playing Survivor! That's what happens on this show! There's not much food and you get very HUNGRY! It happens to everyone who plays. How you deal with it shows what kind of person you are. You can do a Winnie the Pooh imitation of the paw in the honey jar or suck it up and be happy with your fair share. You don't deserve more than anyone else. (I felt a little sorry for him because the hunger pains must have been immense, but if you go on this show you have to be somewhat mentally prepared for this.)

I am pretty sure Mike shared the fish with the others.  I believe someone (Ben?) mentioned that Cole caught a larger fish and ate it all himself.

Ben made a good point about Cole "caring more about his 6 pack" than his ability to survive with less food, suggesting he should have packed on some extra pounds before going on the show to build up some fat reserves.  

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Ryan is obsessed with a social game I'm not quite sure he has. I've never seen any truly social player talk about their social game as much as he does.

Lauren with the quote of the night, re: Jessica and Cole:

"I can't imagine her going to live in a van with him, because he's not going to leave the van."

I'd watch a reality show based upon Cole and Jessica living together in the van. :)

• Love 4

Did the editors forget how to use their pixelation feature? I saw enough of Ryan's nutsack in episode one to know that I didn't need to see the rest of his genitals even in outline form. If they've decided not to blur stuff anymore, I wish they'd give the players regular swimsuits.

I can't warm up to him for some reason, but this was a good episode for Dr. Mike. He got to be doctor-y for a bit, he caught a fish, he shared his food, and he's forming bonds with Ben and Lauren. But for the most part, he doesn't seem like much of a player. He's not a goat, but he's the guy version of Lydia or Susie, the one who gets close to the end or even to FTC but is disdained by the jury because they're mad that he outlasted them.

JP is so bland and forgettable that I had a genuine Mr. Short-Term Memory moment with him. He was talking at TC and I thought, "who's that? Oh right, that's JP." Then the camera cut to Jeff asking a question and then back to JP and I thought, "who's that?"

12 hours ago, ElleryAnne said:

I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I think Cole has surpassed Joe on the annoying douche list for me.  At least Joe seems self-aware about being a human irritant; Cole inexplicably smiles like he thinks he's a cute little gremlin (feed me, feed me!)

Joe doesn't bother me, but everything about Cole is extremely punchable. Being a dumb baby is one thing, but when he tried to dictate when the tribe would eat based on when he wants to eat, I could see what he'll be like in five or ten years when he has some unearned authority over people smarter than he is and uses it to mess with them just because he can. That bit where he finished what he was saying and several seconds passed before Lauren started speaking and he interrupted her claiming that she interrupted him was a classic passive-aggressive and projection sundae with a victimhood cherry on top. If Jess thinks she cares for that? Good luck with your project, girl.

11 hours ago, UGAmp said:

I think Ryan is pretty delusional if he think his social game is his strongest aspect. When he was arguing with Ali after the tribal, he looked like a petulant child. I think he and Chrissy are playing the same exact game. Each thinks they have the other in their pocket and will beat them handily at the end of game. Not realizing both of their social games suck and if they get taken to the end, the 3rd person will win in a landslide.

I would love that. Normally I dislike bitter juries, but there are certain players who deserve them. I've also been waiting a few seasons for a goat to win just because I think that would be fun. So I think I might be rooting for Ryan and Chrissy to make it to FTC with someone they think is a goat and then watch their faces as they gradually realize that they're getting no votes.

10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There's no "theme" to this season.  There's no "catch".  Why am I watching.  Because of Ryan?  Dream on Baby.  I'm watching because I'm a sucker for this show!

Yeah, I've been watching this show since Richard Hatch was sitting in a tree on day one while his tribe ignored him to go build a shelter ("Aaaction, Richard, aaaction"), and I'll watch until the bitter end, but this season is hot garbage.

7 hours ago, Euriph said:

I really hate Joe's game. It's has no social strategy.....It's all the power from immunity idols. Not only do I hate this strategy the most because It limits that player's social game. He can act the way he is because he knows he has protection. Cockyiness with no reason to be cocky! I can take Chrissy or Ryan because at least she/he knows how the votes will go. They talk and make plans. Of course, there maybe arrogance on the possibility of failure in the plan. (Actually, There has been some studies with monopoly games that rigged players naturally have arrogance towards the normal players aka we can't help to be arrogant when we are ahead)  I blame Survivor's Idol strategy this game because hiding three idols in the same spot completely allows a person who finds an idol will find another one. (I at least like to pretend the idols are random!). Dr. Mike just went and dug up the idol without a single clue.  (good job survivor.....)

Mike didn't have a clue but Jessica told him (after Cole told her) that Joe found his idol buried near the well at the other camp, and they figured that's probably where it was at their camp. She even stood watch while Mike dug it up.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Ali left no impression on me.  At this point I'm only interested in seeing eternally annoying X, Y and Z get bumped.  The rest are cannon fodder.

Yes, it was an interesting challenge.  The Red team figured it out at the end and made a huge comeback.  It seemed like their secret was that the person who was walking up to place the block should put no tension on his/her rope and just let the others keep the platform steady.  I really liked that there was a better way to do it.  I wonder if the challenge designers knew this or if the red team came up with something they never expected.  I'd love to know how they figured it out.  Did they just stumble across the secret or did one of the tribe members think of it. 

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 12

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that has been puzzled over Chrissy.  She looks so familiar and I can't put my finger on it either.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Did they just stumble across the secret or did one of the tribe members think of it. 

I'm loathe to say this since I hate her so much, but I heard Chrissy's voice giving lots of detailed instructions. It would make sense that she figured it out, her being the smartest person on the island and all.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 6

I really liked the IC. Loved that there were different ways of accomplishing it and changes in the lead teams.

Pretty disappointed in the idol hiding. Surprised Joe hadn't dug the entire area around the well up already.  There is an entire jungle around to hide idols. Also, make it trickier, hide it between the fire and beach.

I agree that Lauren's reaction to Cole's fainting was a combination of either he's faking it and doesn't need me OR he's not faking it and there are medical folks around better equipped to deal with him than me. I like Lauren, and I wonder why they never sit Jessica out in challenges? Why is it always either Lauren or Mike? I am almost to the point where they should make all teams have to rotate through sitting everyone out. Much more strategery would be involved.

Edited by survivinmt
  • Love 5

Obviously in the minority hear, but I still like Ryan and Chrissy.  Or perhaps I love to hate them.  I think Ryan made a smart move in voting Ali off, especially after she made several big blunders after last week's tribal.  He said it himself, "I can't have enemies."  Granted, he made her an enemy, but them she solidified her enemy status.  First of all, Ali should have made nice with Ryan after last week's vote, as betrayed Survivors often do, or at least not attacked him the say she did.  Second, she really laid it on thick with Chrissy in such a ridiculous over-the-top way: "I transfer all my complete loyalty to you."  Come on.  Didn't she realize that Chrissy would go tell Ryan?

Sure, Ryan's a weasel and he and Chrissy are both liars.  Duh.

In the "love to love" category, I still have:  Ben, Devon, Lauren, Desi (though we still don't know much about her), and Mike.  Cole is an crybaby.  Jessica is a fool.

I too was fascinated that the one team figured out how to do that immunity challenge -- I think the other teams couldn't copy it because they couldn't really look over and take their eyes off their own challenge.  Jessica, Mike, Ben, Lauren, Cole -- with the exception of Cole being an idiot, they are working really well together.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, LanceM said:

I will laugh my ass of JP goes on an immunity run and ends up voting off both Ryan and Chrissy.

I am praying for this.

When Ali voted out Patrick, I wrote here that I thought that it was a huge mistake as she knew him from home and that's an advantage in this game that you can only dream of.  A counted on loyal ally.

I'm pretty sure Patrick said in his exit interviews that he was going to stick with the men over Ali, so he definitely wasn't much of a long term ally for her. But I agree that she should have kept him, but only if she would've tried to take out Ryan. Ali's biggest mistake was working with Ryan. 

8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Cole simply loves to be babied.

Yep. And considering Jessica seems to like having someone to baby, those two were made for each other.

I thought there was actually a lot of really entertaining stuff in this ep. Pretty much every thing Ben did was awesome. I now love him. It started with his Jim Halpert look to the camera when Mike dropped his fish in the fire and was solidified by him telling Mike that Cole should've focused less on his looks and more on gaining some weight before going on Survivor. And Lauren also continues to provide me with lots of laughs.

Ryan suuuuuuuuuuucks. The worst. He makes me think maybe Chrissy isn't so bad for fuck's sake! And honestly Chrissy is playing a hell of a game. She appears to have Ryan wrapped around her finger. I hope Chrissy fucks Ryan over soon and then she is immediately fucked over by someone. Also, the fact that Ryan thinks his social game is top notch is 100% hilarious. Like bitch are you blind?!

I really expected Ali to get further. I thought she was getting a winner's edit lol. And even in this ep I thought they were setting JP up to get booted. I'm just hoping that the fact that they're kinda going the opposite of what I think means that the people I actually like who aren't getting tons of airtime are going to beat out the smug assholes who are getting so much play. Please, Survivor Gods, give me this!

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I can't warm up to him for some reason, but this was a good episode for Dr. Mike. He got to be doctor-y for a bit, he caught a fish, he shared his food, and he's forming bonds with Ben and Lauren. But for the most part, he doesn't seem like much of a player. He's not a goat, but he's the guy version of Lydia or Susie, the one who gets close to the end or even to FTC but is disdained by the jury because they're mad that he outlasted them.

I think he's more of a player than he looks so far. He's knowledgeable of the game, so I think his strategy is to lie low, get along with others, provide if he can, because he's the type of castaway who'd have a bull's eye on his back as the easy vote-off unless he showed value to his tribe and didn't cause conflict. I don't think he's been to tribal council, has he? I don't think Cole or Jessica have either.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am praying for this.

I'm pretty sure Patrick said in his exit interviews that he was going to stick with the men over Ali, so he definitely wasn't much of a long term ally for her. But I agree that she should have kept him, but only if she would've tried to take out Ryan. Ali's biggest mistake was working with Ryan. 

Yep. And considering Jessica seems to like having someone to baby, those two were made for each other.

I thought there was actually a lot of really entertaining stuff in this ep. Pretty much every thing Ben did was awesome. I now love him. It started with his Jim Halpert look to the camera when Mike dropped his fish in the fire and was solidified by him telling Mike that Cole should've focused less on his looks and more on gaining some weight before going on Survivor. And Lauren also continues to provide me with lots of laughs.

Ryan suuuuuuuuuuucks. The worst. He makes me think maybe Chrissy isn't so bad for fuck's sake! And honestly Chrissy is playing a hell of a game. She appears to have Ryan wrapped around her finger. I hope Chrissy fucks Ryan over soon and then she is immediately fucked over by someone. Also, the fact that Ryan thinks his social game is top notch is 100% hilarious. Like bitch are you blind?!

I really expected Ali to get further. I thought she was getting a winner's edit lol. And even in this ep I thought they were setting JP up to get booted. I'm just hoping that the fact that they're kinda going the opposite of what I think means that the people I actually like who aren't getting tons of airtime are going to beat out the smug assholes who are getting so much play. Please, Survivor Gods, give me this!

I am really starting to like Ben as well.  He, Desi and Mike the Prick Doctor are probably my favorites now.   I don't like Joe, but I hope he blows up somebody's plans with his idol. again.  

It will be interesting how things go after the merge.  There are now 5 healers, 3 heroes + one Financial Analyst, and 3 Hustlers left.  The keys might be how pairs that bonded after the tribe swap will go.

Does Chrissy take Ryan to join the other 4 Heroes.  JP is already with those 2, so that would probably make sense.  But, does Ryan want to be at the bottom of the Heroes alliance?

Lauren and especially Mike seem  to have formed bonds with Ben.  Does Mike reunite with the other Healers or does he stick with Ben?

I also wonder if the 4 Alpha males (Ben, Cole, JP and Devon) might join  together to create a safety in numbers situation, since they are all going to have targets on their backs as challenge threats.  I wouldn't be shocked if they also pulled Joe, Ryan and Mike into an all male alliance. 

• Love 2

Cole apologized to everyone on his tribe last night on Twitter. He said he didn't know about the mumbling part after fainting and that he was very sorry for acting the way he did. I guess it counts for something, right?

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Did the editors forget how to use their pixelation feature? I saw enough of Ryan's nutsack in episode one to know that I didn't need to see the rest of his genitals even in outline form. If they've decided not to blur stuff anymore, I wish they'd give the players regular swimsuits.

I was in shock when it was all out there for us to take a gander! I am glad that I am not the only one that was asking, WTH? LOL

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Even though I classified Chrissy as a Bad Guy in an earlier post I still kind of like her and am rooting for her, sort of. I get why people don't like her and she bugs me too, but she is "hustling" to stay in the game. Each day she is scrambling, adjusting to events and thinking out plans. I like that proactive kind of player.

I agree. Her attitude rubs me wrong and I just can't connect with her, but I can't hate on her for PLAYING the game. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yes, it was an interesting challenge.  The Red team figured it out at the end and made a huge comeback.  It seemed like their secret was that the person who was walking up to place the block should put no tension on his/her rope and just let the others keep the platform steady.  I really liked that there was a better way to do it.  I wonder if the challenge designers knew this or if the red team came up with something they never expected.  I'd love to know how they figured it out.  Did they just stumble across the secret or did one of the tribe members think of it. 

I think they were doing this the first time through as well, and just messed up at the end.  Nice when a team figures out a better way and even better than Probst didn't give it away.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, PaperTree said:
13 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm beginning to think of them as Good Guys and Bad Guys now.

Good Guys                                                                          Bad Guys                                             Neutral

Devon                                                                                    Joe                                                         Jessica

Ashley                                                                                    Cole                                                        J.P.

Ben                                                                                         Ryan

Lauren                                                                                    Chrissy

Mike

Desi

Cole's idol is a jar of peanut butter.

I like this read on them.

Color me impressed that someone can even break them up into these camps!  I still don't know everyone's name and don't have a clear favorite.

Dr. Mike may be in the lead now, though.  I love when people who are "out of their element" find new confidence and skill sets on this show.  He was so proud of his spear-caught fish and rightfully so.  His catch was right up there with my favorite fishing scene---Cirie catching that big fish after "Captain America was swimming out there for weeks."  Heh.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Lamima said:

Well Ben is close to Chrissy and Ryan is with Lauren, I think he said. So I think they, and Dr Mike, will all be together. Maybe with JP and Ashley and Devin. When merge happens. 

Cole and Joe will be the targets. Probably Jess by default. I hope Desi jumps ship from Joe. Sounds like she might.

If Cole and Joe were to go before merge, we might see a similar thing to last BB where there is one big group that got out the couple they hated and then had to start turning on each other.

Yes I thought the same thing.  If they all make the merge we have all these weird connections.  Ryan and Devon reunited.  Chrissy and Ben reunited.  JP and Ashley reunited.  Minor Ryan and Lauren connection.  A growing Ben and Mike connection.  Spokes sticking out and connecting with others like some kind of Grand Tinker Toy Alliance.  And Joe blows it up for one of them with his stinking idol.

My favorites are Ryan and Chrissy.  Really like these two.  Chrissy is confident and not smug.  But women are smug and men are confident and how dare a woman be "confident".  I enjoy Ryan's self-depreciating humor and narration especially.  I respect Joe's play too but he is set up to be their main opponent right now.  These three seem to be the only three playing the game and would love to see them somehow end up as the Final Three.

The edits are there to steer viewers on how to think of players so they are really editing Cole big time stupid.  If they wanted they could have made him look good enough by say just showing him catching fish but not selfishly hoarding them for himself to give one example.  But he is being set up big time for a great big fall and viewers will enjoy it.  The edit is the "tell" in Survivor afterall. 

Meanwhile Ben last week and Dr Mike this week got good edits.  Devon has always had a nice guy edit.  Desai seems doomed by how the swap came out since she can't be making connections with anyone basically other than Joe.  Merge should be coming before she can hop ship to Devon/Ashley is my guess.  Meanwhile Ashley has dropped off the radar for now.

And as much as I'd like Ryan and Chrissy to make it to the finals I'm not sure their edits say that.  Maybe Chrissy's but Ryan is more just the Narrator edit.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Cole apologized to everyone on his tribe last night on Twitter. He said he didn't know about the mumbling part after fainting and that he was very sorry for acting the way he did. I guess it counts for something, right?

Not really.  :-)

Yeah in real life I don't hate anyone.  But his "character" on Survivor has not been the most likeable.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

As JP's hair grows out he's reminding me of James McArthur from his Hawaii Five-0 days (the original Danno)

Glad someone else sees it too!  I have thought this from the beginning, I said this a few weeks ago in his episode thread.  JP is a bit bland and blind, but I don't mind him.  I wish he had more of a game but he really doesn't seem to be talking to anyone except Chrissy.

I don't mind him bragging about how his tribe needed him, because it's true.  He pretty much singlehandedly won them the reward challenge.  The physical liabilities are Ryan and Chrissy and they didn't even have to do the pole thing, they just hopped through some squares and went up and down a seesaw.  JP won them those pizzas.  

10 pizzas for 4 people seems like a waste.  They have no refrigerator so it's not like they can keep the leftovers.  Even if hungry, how much pizza can one eat?

The food obviously didn't help them because they lost the immunity challenge.  Again, I blame Ryan.  Didn't the blocks drop when JP was trying to put a block on?  Meaning he couldn't pull as much to help stabilize the platform?   I figured that their tribe was going to lose because of unequal strength.  When one guy is pulling more than another it may be harder to keep it balanced.  Jessica's tribe seemed to figure it out that three just need to pull hard and keep it level while one just walks up.  

At this point I'd be happy if anyone but Ryan, Chrissy or Joe won.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, green said:

My favorites are Ryan and Chrissy.  Really like these two.  Chrissy is confident and not smug.  But women are smug and men are confident and how dare a woman be "confident".  I enjoy Ryan's self-depreciating humor and narration especially.  I respect Joe's play too but he is set up to be their main opponent right now.  These three seem to be the only three playing the game and would love to see them somehow end up as the Final Three.

I see smugness in Chrissy and not confidence.  I hate the way she talks, it has this very air of condescension.   She sits there and acts like we are not as smart as her so she has to take the time to clearly explain to everyone at home why she is so brilliant.  She's also more or less said that she is the smartest person in the room.  To me there is a marked difference between confidence and smugness.  Confidence is believing in yourself and not giving up.  Smugness is thinking that you're great and making sure everyone knows it.  That line about "what did Ryan see in me when he briefly met me on the first day that made him know that I am a good person", said with this lofty and didactic tone, was the epitome of smugness.  

Women can be confident without being smug.  Chrissy isn't one of them.  I didn't like Sarah Lacina, but I'd have to admit she was confident and persistent, and wasn't smug.  

• Love 13