Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: In Sod We Trust

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

I do love that all Janelle did was yell and scream about not having anyone around to help her or take care of her needs.. it’s her own doing. 

Same with Kail. As I said earlier, I get that when you’re pregnant, your hormones are all over the place but this guy she has chosen to have a third baby with was never into this relationship. From the beginning of this season when he was semi introduced, one of the first scenes was her being all excited that he was willing to talk to her friend on The phone because he doesn’t like people Much or something and I remember stating on these boards, oh that’s a red flag that he can’t evrn be bothered to have conversations with people. And she made this choice. And she spent all of this season telling us she didn’t expect him to step up and commit to this pregnancy, she knew he was going to do whatever he wanted when he wanted.. she can’t have it both ways. And thats what bugs me about her.

• Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I'll  have to break down and watch this episode. I must see the night before the swamp nuptials shriek fest.

I had a similar thing happen to me but it was flowers at a bridal shower. The bride's Mom (our hostess) had gone out and got hammered the night before the shower. I got there about 15 minutes early and absolutely none of the decorating was done because the righteously hungover hostess was puking in the bathroom. Bride to be grabbed my hand and led me to the $500 in flowers her mom had ordered and said "Do something, PLEASE!" I made some stellar arrangements and then was asked to help with the food. I said no-haha! To top it off, I didn't get a thank you note for the expensive gift or for filling in as the emergency florist. I should have sent them a bill. Isn't menudo an all day project? I don't like hominy but I love menudo. I pick the hominy out :) 

Oy. All that work and then to ask you to help with the food? What nerve. No thank you note? Assholes! 

Menudo can be an all day thing. The best menudo is the one where you take your time, clean the tripe very well, and you let it simmer for hours. Mmm.  I love hominy! Growing up I hated the tripe. Now, I love the tripe. 

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I understand what the woman was saying in that someone has to be the bigger person in the situation and that maybe she should try to make amends so she can be a part of her daughters life again ... if it was a normal person you're speaking about . Jenelle is a fuckin disgusting , trashy , unappreciative asshole . Barbs only problem is that she fully blames David for everything when the common denominator in everything that's happened between jenelle and barb is jenelle .. because truthfully as horrible as David is , if him and jenelle broke up , it wouldn't matter . She'd just find another loser to team up with and continue to be the disgusting person she is ., that woman was way out of line . If I was in Barbs situation I'd be a hell of a lot more spiteful than she's being 

Word.

That friend of Barb's was giving some sound advice about being the bigger person, but it was best suited for other situations and certainly not with people who are trashtastic assholes. There is no reasoning with the likes of Jenelle and UBT. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Awesome!

Jenelle is really just too much. I'm sure even her druggie loser friends are completely over her bullshit. If they ever liked or cared about her, by now they only tolerate her because she pays for all the drugs, food, and whatever else when they spend time with her and she has an awesome place where you can get fucked up and have a great time until UBT and/or Jenelle pop off, at which time you realize you're fucked because Jenelle picked you up and you have no way of getting off of The Land while she's locked in the bedroom crying and UBT is losing his shit. You can't even tune them out and just use their awesome TV/game system because they're both screaming (along with any kid(s) present). There's no food in the house and you can't order a pizza because you don't have the credit card info. You think about going outside and hanging on the dock or chilling in the woods, but the last time you did that UBT got pissed over something and locked you out and you ended up having to sleep on the porch with all your stuff locked inside.

Then they want you to come over to lay sod the day before their wedding (which you're only going to because Jenelle begged you and promised you all the drugs, booze, and Olive Garden you can consume); then they tell you not to come at the last minute; then Jenelle calls back hysterically demanding that you come over that very second and you tell her you can't, but you'll see her at the wedding tomorrow (which, frankly, you're questioning at this point and you really want to ask her whether she got all the drugs/booze/food she promised, but you know that won't go well).

And so on. And so on. It's no wonder that 75% of the invited guests didn't even show up for the swamp nuptials, much less to lay fucking sod beforehand.

Thank you for this @TheRealT. I am now dead. From LAUGHING.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Linny said:

Where does Barb find these friends who give her such shitty advice? "Maybe you don't know David. He takes care of your grandkids, he can't be the worst person in the world." Excuse me, Donna the Turncoat Friend, but I'd say Barb knows David a hell of a lot better than you do, and knows just how much "care" David provides the kids. I'm legitimately pissed on Barb's behalf that her friend would question her judgment and think she doesn't know the score after dealing with this man for the past couple of years.

At least her friend has Barb's side of the story, along with what she sees with her own eyes.  All the viewers get is MTV's version of events.

I've already wondered here why Barb would ever allow Jace to be in David's presence if David's as dangerous as many of the people posting here think.  To me, Barb is the one who has the best information, and the fact that she allowed Jace spend time with Jenelle and UBT when she wasn't required to tells me she's not fearful for his safety.  So we're questioning her judgment, too.

And I assume Barb picked the friend she wanted to use in a scene to be filmed by MTV where she's discussing the situation.  Why didn't she pick one who was on the same page she is?  Is it because none of her friends are on the same page as she is?  That would tell me something. 

5 hours ago, LBS said:

Did anyone else catch when David told the security dude/wedding officiant/only male that Kaiser feels comfortable around that he didn't want the "does anyone object to this wedding' part?  Obviously because everyone would object.   Also who asks someone to officiate their wedding 3 days prior?  My brother officiated my wedding and we asked him months ahead and met with him a couple of times to go over the ceremony even though it was a super simple ceremony.   

I thought that part about people objecting was weird.  Why would you invite people to your wedding who would object to the marriage?  That don't make no sense.  Maybe he was just making a joke about the haterz, but I'm not sure he's witty enough for that.

And I think asking the guy to officiate had to be a re-enactment.  Hell, almost all of the show is a re-enactment, or at least a staged conversation. 

Do we know why Leah brings her girlses to school before the sun is up? In August or September it would be light out by 6:30.

She was taking them to the bus, so that would be earlier than when school starts.  But if that's the case, why not just drive them the whole way, which will mean less time in transport since you won't have to stop and pick up kids on the way?  I'm all for less driving of kids to school in personal cars, but if it means they don't have to leave in the middle of the night, it might be a good idea.

And it was full dark on the way, and by the time they got to the bus, it looked like the sky was brightening a little.  And when they showed her getting into back into her car, it was full daylight.  Wonky editing again?

18 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Yep! And to think, Javi wants to voluntarily subject himself to the Coven.

Oh my.  Is Javi making a play for Brianna?  Or Brittany?  Surely not Roxanne--she's the worst.

18 hours ago, nikita said:

Quay is a nicer friend than Kail deserves.

I didn't hear anyone use her name.  I wonder how she pronounces it.

8 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

And yeah, zero problems with Devion throwing some shit back the Coven's way at the restaurant. I am going to guess they probably said something completely stupid prior and he just had enough of their shit. Both he and Luis are pretty shit dad's but even if they were decent they'd never have a change with the Coven. I will however give each of them props for consistently keeping their cool around the Coven versus someone like UBT who would probably already have them six feet under

I'm not sure I'd be totally against that, if it meant Stella (and Nova) had a chance at growing up into women without massive issues about men.  Remove that toxicity from their lives, and put UBT in jail and get him away from Jenelle.  It's a win all around.

I think I have a soft spot for Devoin.  Watching him try to add two numbers made me cringe.  He doesn't have a driver's license.  He was planning to put the fees on a credit card, which I picture with mountains of interest owed, since he apparently didn't offer to go to the ATM himself.  He just seems like such a nothing, and I can't see him becoming successful at anything, or maybe even functioning.  He might be one of those people who, no matter what, just aren't going to cut it, making bad decision after bad decision, and those people make me sad.  Angry, but sad at the same time.  I can't help it.

I was surprised when Brianna explained that she wasn't filing the child support papers because (presumably when he fails to make it right) the minute he gets his license, they'll take it away from him.  It seems to me if someone is failing to pay child support, then prohibiting him from driving is counter-productive, but I'm not in charge of child support policy.  But it showed that she has at least a little bit in touch with reality, which I didn't expect, given her habit of making babies with men who anybody would suspect aren't going to be there for the long run.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, yeah, I'm not really shipping Chelsea in this whole showdown because we're talking about someone who had to have two weddings because she got knocked up before marriage for the second time and didn't want to miss her chance to be Barbie Bride. Her and Cole are the more likeable couple by far but it's not like we're comparing Jenelle to Kate Middleton here. Chelsea just looks like Superwoman because these other girls are such trainwrecks.

Barbie Bride! Perfect.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Oy. All that work and then to ask you to help with the food? What nerve. No thank you note? Assholes! 

Menudo can be an all day thing. The best menudo is the one where you take your time, clean the tripe very well, and you let it simmer for hours. Mmm.  I love hominy! Growing up I hated the tripe. Now, I love the tripe. 

Word.

That friend of Barb's was giving some sound advice about being the bigger person, but it was best suited for other situations and certainly not with people who are trashtastic assholes. There is no reasoning with the likes of Jenelle and UBT. 

I think my hatred of hominy comes from the smell of my mom frying it in bacon grease for my dad. I'd be out in the pasture dinking around with my pony and I could smell that shit an acre from the house. My dad was from WV and it was something he grew up eating and loved. Me, not so much!

Barb's friend's advice would have been okay in an average "I don't really care for my daughter's boyfriend" situation. This is anything but. I SO wish Barb would take off her blinders and realize Jenelle is the cause of all of the heartache and just try to live her life. If UBT doesn't kill Jenelle, they'll get a divorce and she'll have another abusive loser moved in with her in less than 6 months and will be pregnant again shortly thereafter. Barb needs to just concentrate on the good in her life.

• Love 10

Everyone has pretty much said everything I was thinking but I did want to touch on the whole Brianna coven. It really annoys me when they say these guys haven't done anything. I know neither is a prize, but I saw Luis haul in a huge box of diapers and wipes right after Stella was born and 65$ from Devoin is not nothing. It may not be what they should be paying but it is better than nothing. Real deadbeat dads are gone with the wind and their baby mama's don't see a dime. I just think it's wrong not to acknowledge the small things they do actually do.

Oh and I wanted to comment on Kail. I admit, she almost had me feeling sorry for her ass, almost. That is until I remembered she had a baby daddy that wanted another child and would've been right there by her side through everything but she cheated on him and then threw him to the side for her fuck buddy so what did she expect to happen? This is all her own doing.

• Love 24

Hey Kail, you picked the asshole, now look where it got you. And plenty of women do it all alone. I understand she was scared,  but come on, you aren't the first woman to do it alone and if she is such a bad ass ho, then keep on keeping on and fuck that loser and call it a day and don't depend on him for shit. Just goes to show she isnt as bad ass as she thinks she is. 

And Jenelle stfu. Just another fucking temper tantrum like a 3 year old not getting their way and David zooming around doing nothing except going over dirt was funny as shit. Jenelle will never change,  going and crying in a shed about how mean David was being and how mean her mom is, is nothing new.

Loved Watson and his noises, makes me wonder about Headsley since she never makes a sound. 

Gracie is over it and I am loving it.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 20

Real deadbeat dads are gone with the wind and their baby mama's don't see a dime. I just think it's wrong not to acknowledge the small things they do actually do.

Matt, for example. 398,000 kids and he left them all while he is in arrears for child support. Scumbag. 

9 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

I think my hatred of hominy comes from the smell of my mom frying it in bacon grease for my dad. I'd be out in the pasture dinking around with my pony and I could smell that shit an acre from the house. My dad was from WV and it was something he grew up eating and loved. Me, not so much!

Barb's friend's advice would have been okay in an average "I don't really care for my daughter's boyfriend" situation. This is anything but. I SO wish Barb would take off her blinders and realize Jenelle is the cause of all of the heartache and just try to live her life. If UBT doesn't kill Jenelle, they'll get a divorce and she'll have another abusive loser moved in with her in less than 6 months and will be pregnant again shortly thereafter. Barb needs to just concentrate on the good in her life.

Oooh hominy cooked in bacon grease. I never heard of that. I have only had it in menudo and posole. 

Jenelle is beyond redemption. She'd have to realize she needs help, and I don't see her doing that at all. You are right. Barb needs to just focus on the good - Jace, Gabriel, and herself. Barb is not getting any younger. 

1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

buuuuurrrrrnnnnn! 

good one!

ps: love posole. 

Posole is good. But my heart and tummy will take menudo each and every time. :-) 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

Forgive me for not directly quoting, I caught up on the whole thread and what I’m referring to is like 2 pages back and I’m lazy.

I don’t disagree with the logic that Chelsea isn’t a saint, and that this wedding wasn’t necessary and all that, because it is true the 2 weddings could have been avoided... but especially when compared to Jenelle I give Chelsea a pass. Mostly because Chelsea paid for both weddings herself (this is based on the fact that neither wedding was filmed as far as I know)... I don’t care if they have a wedding every year, if they want to shell out the money go for it. Jenelle on the other hand treated her wedding like a job, pimping everything out to get paid. Chelsea’s wedding seemed pretty low key from what I’ve seen on social media. 

What I find funny is Jenelle works so hard to maintain the appearance of the perfect fairytale life, while Chelsea seems to do it effortlessly. Based on the little ive seen both of Chelsea’s weddings were pretty classy, while Jenelle’s looked like she typed wedding on the search bar of both Pinterest and Etsy and did/bought everything on the first page.

I'm actually not a huge Chelsea "fan." I think a lot of her affectations are annoying and it bugs me how she's so heterosexist (or however you'd term it) in various ways, most recently the push to change Aubree's surname to include Cole's. With that said, though she and I are very different people, I recognize that she is essentially a decent/sane person. UNLIKE Jenelle.

Jenelle and UBT are deeply damaged and flawed people and I even have sympathy for them on some levels, but they are JUST SO AWFUL. They are child abusers and UBT is a partner abuser too. Jenelle certainly verbally and emotionally abuses her partners and possibly physically as well, so I guess they're both partner abusers. They've also both verbally and emotionally abused Barb and physically menaced Barb (as documented by MTV). THEY'RE AWFUL.

I actually think they (and everyone) can have as many weddings as they want, MTV-funded or not. Totally not my thing, but do you. My problem with Jenelle and UBT's wedding fiasco is that it was just another extension of their sick, abusive union and lifestyle.

•    Make a point of insulting/hurting Barb? Check!
  •    Ignore Jace's feelings and force him to fall in line with the UBT agenda? Check!
  •    Make conflicting/changing at the last minute/unreasonable demands of friends who are desperate enough to still talk to them? Check!

The LITERAL truth is that they should both be in (separate) rehab/mental health programs, NOT getting married on the site of a future multiple homicide. IT'S TWISTED AND DISTURBING. So, as annoying and saccharine as Chelsea and Cole might be, they are NO COMPARISON to Jenelle and UBT.

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think I have a soft spot for Devoin.  Watching him try to add two numbers made me cringe.  He doesn't have a driver's license.  He was planning to put the fees on a credit card, which I picture with mountains of interest owed, since he apparently didn't offer to go to the ATM himself.  He just seems like such a nothing, and I can't see him becoming successful at anything, or maybe even functioning.  He might be one of those people who, no matter what, just aren't going to cut it, making bad decision after bad decision, and those people make me sad.  Angry, but sad at the same time.  I can't help it.

I was surprised when Brianna explained that she wasn't filing the child support papers because (presumably when he fails to make it right) the minute he gets his license, they'll take it away from him.  It seems to me if someone is failing to pay child support, then prohibiting him from driving is counter-productive, but I'm not in charge of child support policy.  But it showed that she has at least a little bit in touch with reality, which I didn't expect, given her habit of making babies with men who anybody would suspect aren't going to be there for the long run.

I feel bad for Devoin too and I give him credit for hanging in there (to the extent that he has) this long. The Coven have made it AS HARD AS POSSIBLE for him to be engaged in Nova's upbringing, short of legally barring him from seeing her, and he's kept trying for 5+ years. Is he an amazing father/person? No, not at all, but he seems to have tried to be positively involved in his daughter's life despite his own personal struggles and his baby mama/her family treating him like crap. Obviously, he'd be more admirable if he overcame all that to get his shit together and be a great dad, but... he's not capable of that. Frankly, Briana isn't a movie of the week-worthy mom either. If she did't have her mom and Brittany, she might have a track record similar to, or worse than, Devoin's. As far as we know, Devoin hasn't had another kid since Nova, while Briana got pregnant by a stranger (and still doesn't seem to get how SHE exercised bad judgment in that situation).

All of that to say, I think people like Devoin/Luis (and, arguably, Briana) need support to be the best parents they can be (which is still less than great) and, when that support is lacking, they won't/can't achieve their maximum potential as parents. Yes, that's  on them. Yes, they should do better. But I think that people who are involved in raising kids and have the option to support/encourage less-than-awesome parents or giving them as hard a time as possible should choose to be supportive FOR THE KIDS.

When Nova was a baby, I remember Devoin lamenting that Briana wouldn't let him take Nova to spend time with his mom/family. Fast forwarding to when Nova was 4/5, Briana was complaining that Devoin's mom never called to ask about Nova. Who knows what Devoin's mom's side of that story is, but if Briana had let her/their family see Nova from the beginning (WITHOUT the Coven being in control), they would probably be more attached to/invested in her now, they would probably have encouraged/pressured Devoin to see her/do more for her throughout her life, etc., etc. Yes, technically, Devoin should have done the most without anyone instructing/encouraging/supporting him, his family should have been there no matter what, etc., etc., but that's not always how life works. The Coven's stance with Devoin (and Luis) is not what's in Briana's kids' best interest.

• Love 15

@TheRealT I believe the word you’re looking for regarding Chelsea is “heteronormative”. 

I dont feel feel sorry for Devion at all. I say this, not to excuse Briana’s AWFUL behavior, but he makes no effort to do the bare minimum for Nova. Briana is awful but she’s doing the bare minimum, she’s employed, and has kept Nova clean, safe and fed all these years. Devon lost his license probably due to DIUs or tickets or DRUGS some bullshit reason, since he doesn’t have a JOB, if he were doing the bare minimum he could at least watch Nova so Briana wouldn’t have to pay for daycare (even at Nova’s home). You can’t keep a driver’s license?!! Come now......

As far as we know Devion isn’t sick or disabled in a way that prevents him from doing the smallest thing (consistently) to make Nova’s life easier. As far as Devion’s family, I’m more on your side with that one- they aren’t the one that chose to have a child, and Briana is an awful human being. Most likely they are fed up with having to support the grown ass man that is Devion, and they have no desire to add more stress to their lives regarding a child Devion doesn’t even care that much about. OF COURSE that is NOT Nova’s fault (she never asked to be here) and if she never wants a relationship with them when she’s older that’s her right. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@TheRealT I believe the word you’re looking for regarding Chelsea is “heteronormative”. 

I dont feel feel sorry for Devion at all. I say this, not to excuse Briana’s AWFUL behavior, but he makes no effort to do the bare minimum for Nova. Briana is awful but she’s doing the bare minimum, she’s employed, and has kept Nova clean, safe and fed all these years. Devon lost his license probably due to DIUs or tickets or DRUGS some bullshit reason, since he doesn’t have a JOB, if he were doing the bare minimum he could at least watch Nova so Briana wouldn’t have to pay for daycare (even at Nova’s home). You can’t keep a driver’s license?!! Come now......

As far as we know Devion isn’t sick or disabled in a way that prevents him from doing the smallest thing (consistently) to make Nova’s life easier. As far as Devion’s family, I’m more on your side with that one- they aren’t the one that chose to have a child, and Briana is an awful human being. Most likely they are fed up with having to support the grown ass man that is Devion, and they have no desire to add more stress to their lives regarding a child Devion doesn’t even care that much about. OF COURSE that is NOT Nova’s fault (she never asked to be here) and if she never wants a relationship with them when she’s older that’s her right. 

Yes, “heteronormative,” thanks.

As for Devoin, I'm absolutely not saying that he's not a "loser" by my standards. I didn't necessarily infer that he lost his license due to DUIs or whatever; I got the impression that he just never got it together to get his license, or maybe let his license lapse and hadn't yet done what he needed to get it back. Whatever the situation is, it's obviously 100% on him and he's obviously a "loser" to not have a license in FL in an area where he needs to be able to drive to work to support his daughter/go to school/visit his daughter/etc./etc.

My only point is, that "the most awesome mom ever" (which Briana clearly isn't) would accept that Devoin is a loser and resolve to support him in giving as much as possible to Nova BECAUSE IT'S BEST FOR NOVA. She owes Devoin nothing. If it were just about Devoin, I would have no problem with her telling him to kick rocks. But, to me, if she's allegedly a superior parent, she should have some capacity to accept Devoin's shortcomings and do what she can to facilitate him being a better parent for Nova. No, that's not fair, but parenting isn't "fair."

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The Hilton guy was an abusive drunk, so I'm thinking Dave would be La Liz's first hubby.

Hilton was her first of 7 husbands and a drinker. The way they fight I think Burton.  janelle is well on her way to get Taylor's number of husbands. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 1

@TheRealT oh I see. 

I doubt Devion just let his license “lapse” as in, “didn’t go down to the DMV and renew it”. I’d bet my next paycheck he lost it as a consequence of breaking the law, probably not a felony (duh), but not paying his speeding tickets, or a DUI something like that. Who just doesn’t renew their driver’s license?!!!!! (Unless you live in a major metro area like @TheRealT and have no practical requirement to drive).

Normally, you only lose it if you DO something or become incapable of driving (injury etc) and cannot pass the renewal requirements. Nope, he broke the law. 

But you’re right, if Briana were the tiniest bit self aware she would quit her bitching about what Devion isn’t doing even if it’s the truth because it’s just not productive. 

Edited by Scarlett45
Clarified lovely NYC citizens and similarly situated people don’t count.
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

@TheRealT oh I see. 

I doubt Devion just let his license “lapse” as in, “didn’t go down to the DMV and renew it”. I’d bet my next paycheck he lost it as a consequence of breaking the law, probably not a felony (duh), but not paying his speeding tickets, or a DUI something like that. Who just doesn’t renew their driver’s license?!!!!! You only lose it if you DO something or become incapable of driving (injury etc) and cannot pass the renewal requirements. Nope, he broke the law. 

But you’re right, if Briana were the tiniest bit self aware she would quit her bitching about what Devion isn’t doing even if it’s the truth because it’s just not productive. 

[Full disclosure] I, a perfectly upright citizen, let my license lapse, as in, "not going to DMV to renew it" for TWO years (at which point one has to do a road test and the whole rigamarole). My only defense is that I live in NYC and never drive.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

[Full disclosure] I, a perfectly upright citizen, let my license lapse, as in, "not going to DMV to renew it" for TWO years (at which point one has to do a road test and the whole rigamarole). My only defense is that I live in NYC and never drive.

Of course upstanding citizens of major metro areas with great public transit do not count? in my theory.

Interesting you have to do a road test to renew. In IL that’s only for seniors or if you get x number of moving violations, I just need to take a vision test every 3 yrs and pay the fee. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

My brother is in NYC and he had to do the same! Learner's permit, driving test, the whole nine yards. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Can anyone explain why Cole is dressed like one of the Soggy Bottom Boys?

Well UBT is the man of constant sorrow.

Cole looks ridiculous in that outfit.  Why would you wear that?  It’s like he’s going for old-timey, but Chelsea looks modern.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Hilton was her first of 7 husbands and a drinker. The way they fight I think Burton.  janelle is well on her way to get Taylor's number of husbands. 

Interesting you say that because I've recently started wondering if Liz had a personality disorder. Whenever I hear of someone with tumultuous relationships and multiple marriages, I think PDs.

• Love 4

What did Jenelle expect barb to do? Did she expect her to call up begging to come to the wedding?? After she made it perfectly clear she was not invited what did she want of barb? I have a sister in law very much like Jenelle including the shitty treatment of her child and the social media mother of the year nonsense. She can never do for us or our kids but then whines and cries when we don't support her most recent mlm scheme. She treats us like shit then expects us to constantly do for her. Just like Jenelle. If you are a garbage person don't expect someone to treat you otherwise. 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, KittyKat133 said:

What did Jenelle expect barb to do? Did she expect her to call up begging to come to the wedding?? After she made it perfectly clear she was not invited what did she want of barb? I have a sister in law very much like Jenelle including the shitty treatment of her child and the social media mother of the year nonsense. She can never do for us or our kids but then whines and cries when we don't support her most recent mlm scheme. She treats us like shit then expects us to constantly do for her. Just like Jenelle. If you are a garbage person don't expect someone to treat you otherwise. 

Are we related? But seriously, yeah. Jenelle is 100% Delusional. The wheels don't touch the ground. She has very limited contact with reality. In her twisted mind, it makes perfect sense for her to alienate Barb in every possible way and pointedly disinvite Barb from her wedding, then whine and expect sympathy because Barb isn't there. In JenelleWorld, Jenelle is always the victim and everyone is so mean! and unfair! to her. She sobs her eyes out all the time and no one cares! Can you imagine the horror?!?!?! If you haven't experienced some kind of humanitarian holocaust with people bawling their eyes out and being ignored, I don't think so!

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 20

Jenelle thought of Barb only because she wished she was there so she could put her poor mother to work as slave labor and then chew her ass out when she wouldn't do things fast enough or to Jenelle's liking. 

• Love 24
25 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Are we related? But seriously, yeah. Jenelle is 100% Delusional. The wheels don't touch the ground. She has very limited contact with reality. In her twisted mind, it makes perfect sense for her to alienate Barb in every possible way and pointedly disinvite Barb from her wedding, then whine and expect sympathy because Barb isn't there. In JenlleWorld, Jenelle is always the victim and everyone is so mean! and unfair! to her. She sobs her eyes out all the time and no one cares! Can you imagine the horror?!?!?! If you haven't experienced some kind of humanitarian holocaust with people bawling their eyes out and being ignored, I don't think so!

Yeah, I don't get the emphasis on why her tears should trigger everyone dropping everything (including the judge and her mom in the custody hearing) to give in to her.

Like, she must realize that everyone cries and that actually producing tears is not a miracle or any kind of legal or moral leverage in her favor.

Well, maybe actual tears are a miracle for Jenelle, but for most of us, it happens in the normal course of events. 

Most children who are beyond toddlerhood understand this.  Why can't Jenelle?

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Yeah, I don't get the emphasis on why her tears should trigger everyone dropping everything (including the judge and her mom in the custody hearing) to give in to her.

Like, she must realize that everyone cries and that actually producing tears is not a miracle or any kind of legal or moral leverage in her favor.

Well, maybe actual tears are a miracle for Jenelle, but for most of us, it happens in the normal course of events. 

Most children who are beyond toddlerhood understand this.  Why can't Jenelle?

I think Jenelle's repeated emphasis on how she was crying and no one cared is significant. Setting aside my dislike for her, I can easily imagine that, as a young child, she often cried, maybe because her dad was beating her mom, and no one attended to her, maybe because Barb was getting beaten up and her dad was beating his wife (who had somehow pissed him off/failed to meet his emotional needs). I can also imagine that as she got older, she often cried while Barb was at work/her dad was gone and her older (mentally ill) siblings and/or whoever else was supposed to be caring for her ignored her tears. Then when Barb got home, she was more concerned with [whatever] than Jenelle's urgent report about how she had been crying and no one cared. I really do get it and I even really feel bad for her... up to a point.

Jenelle has ZERO sympathy for her own children, who are children NOW, not over a decade ago, when she experienced her (legitimate) childhood traumas. It's hard to get all worked up about Jenelle's adult (and childhood) tears being ignored while she actively abuses and neglects her own kids without the slightest concern. I just can't. I wish Jenelle would just place her kids for adoption/be supportive and appreciative to Barb for raising Jace. If she could do that, I could even get on board with her pity party over (basically) her inability to parent her kids. Since she's too selfish/fucked up to let her kids go for their own good, I can only be so sympathetic to her.

• Love 18

That whole sod thing is just plain weird.  I know everyone has said it, but maybe it can't be said enough.... why would you be laying sod the day before your wedding, and on the same day you expect tents and a dance floor?  People are busy on the day before their wedding tending to the wedding details...not yard work.  They are such weirdos.  I do love how relaxed and normal Chelsea was in comparison.  She is just getting her dress, not revamping her yard.  lol

• Love 22
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

This. I don't feel sorry for that neglectful asshole at all. He's abusing his child by refusing to be involved in her life or do a goddamn thing. He deserves whatever he gets. He's disgustingly lazy and heartless to not care about his daughter at all. Wah wah wah, the woman you had a baby with and her family are trashy and annoying, cry me a river. Water seeks its own level and that's not your innocent child's fault. 

I also don't get this idea that they're supposed to be grateful for and "encourage" or "acknowledge" the slivers of things Devoin does. Nobody has to be grateful for his doing 0.1% of the bare minimum, or grateful at all, since it's his literal duty. Is he grateful for Briana and her family doing the other 99.9% of what is 50% his job? Does he encourage and recognize them for feeding, clothing and nurturing his kid for him and doing all the work he's morally obligated to do? He's not not coming around because they're bitchy and trashy. In fact, if they didn't constantly nag him I bet he wouldn't come around ever, at all. It's probably easier to eventually show up to give the kid a stuffed animal than to get his phone blown up all the time. At some point, there is nothing left to facilitate. He's not going to be a decent or even halfway decent parent and that's that...no amount of nice behavior on her part is going to make it so. 

The one thing I would say is that Briana is way too lenient and whiny. They needed to stop this back and forth long ago. His ass should be in jail for not paying child support and there should be a clear set in stone agreement about what he owes monetarily. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Jenelle thought of Barb only because she wished she was there so she could put her poor mother to work as slave labor and then chew her ass out when she wouldn't do things fast enough or to Jenelle's liking. 

And have someone else to yell at and blame for everything going wrong, since UBT wasn't taking any of that shit. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

This. I don't feel sorry for that neglectful asshole at all. He's abusing his child by refusing to be involved in her life or do a goddamn thing. He deserves whatever he gets. He's disgustingly lazy and heartless to not care about his daughter at all. Wah wah wah, the woman you had a baby with and her family are trashy and annoying, cry me a river. Water seeks its own level and that's not your innocent child's fault. 

I also don't get this idea that they're supposed to be grateful for and "encourage" or "acknowledge" the slivers of things Devoin does. Nobody has to be grateful for his doing 0.1% of the bare minimum, or grateful at all, since it's his literal duty. Is he grateful for Briana and her family doing the other 99.9% of what is 50% his job? Does he encourage and recognize them for feeding, clothing and nurturing his kid for him and doing all the work he's morally obligated to do? He's not not coming around because they're bitchy and trashy. In fact, if they didn't constantly nag him I bet he wouldn't come around ever, at all. It's probably easier to eventually show up to give the kid a stuffed animal than to get his phone blown up all the time. 

The one thing I would say is that Briana is way too lenient and whiny. They needed to stop this back and forth long ago. His ass should be in jail for not paying child support and there should be a clear set in stone agreement about what he owes monetarily. 

So much this @Lm2162. The idea that Briana should be grateful is obsurd. Most “dead beat” parents don’t skip town and disappear off the face of the earth, most of them are like Devion- at least until the child is old enough to want no parts of the emotional manipulation that the dead beat brings “Im always going to be your parent, wah wah wah”. 

Again, it would be different if Devion was disabled or ill in some way and couldn’t contribute more. I have a good friend who’s father became ill and disabled after her parents split. Her Dad was living with his family and couldn’t work, so instead he was the parent that did all the school driving, field trip chaperoning, caregiving during holiday breaks etc. It hurt his pride as a man that he couldn’t do more monetarialy for his child (her mom had a well paying job so they were fine), but he did do SOMETHING. And he was actually sick and disabled (he did pass away when we were in our late teens). That’s a Dad doing the best he can because of circumstances beyond his control. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I doubt Devion just let his license “lapse” as in, “didn’t go down to the DMV and renew it”. I’d bet my next paycheck he lost it as a consequence of breaking the law, probably not a felony (duh), but not paying his speeding tickets, or a DUI something like that. Who just doesn’t renew their driver’s license?!!!!! (Unless you live in a major metro area like @TheRealT and have no practical requirement to drive).

Normally, you only lose it if you DO something or become incapable of driving (injury etc) and cannot pass the renewal requirements. Nope, he broke the law. 

Again, being a citizen of FL, just like the Coven and Devion, I can tell you that renewing your license is super easy. You mainly do it by mail or online, but every 10 years you have to physically go down to the DMV and take an eye test and have a new picture taken. That's basically it. Has Devion even had a driver's license for 10 years? I don't have any idea how old he is. The only other time you have to go down to the DMV is if you got your license before you were 21, they turn the picture and information sideways (portrait orientation instead of landscape) and after your 21st b-day, you can go to the DMV and trade it in for a regular license. They do it because it's easy for places that sell booze to tell if the person is under 21. they don't have to calculate year of birth, just look at the orientation  of the information. It's free to trade in your under 21 to and over 21 license. 

• Love 6

In my experience dealing with my Jen-yell like sister, they love to make a point of NOT inviting you to important events they are involved in.   Yes, you are supposed to beg and grovel to be invited and if you don't then they use it as more evidence of how terrible *you* are.  Other people are always the problem; never them.  Yes, when it came down to it, she didn't really want Barb to be there because that wouldn't fit her sick, twisted agenda.  She just wanted Barb to want to be there so she could say no.

There is no reasoning with unreasonable people.  Their sick, twisted, delusional logic is constantly changing and never for the better.  It just gets more unreasonable, illogical, and confusing.

Edited by AirQuotes
  • Love 18

I can't believe the way Jenelle and David talk to production (I mean, I can but...). The condescending and dismissive way David says, "You can all go now." Like he's in charge of them?! What part of 'you're being paid to be filmed for a reality show' do they not get? Production should Not be at their beck and call like that! 

Also what a bunch of dumb yo-yos that they waited until the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING to law down sod and grass and the dance floor and then, on top of that, tried to do it alone. They are IDIOTS.

And I just watched Leah and Kail's segments. I loved all the dad scenes. Both Jo and Corey have such real loving connections with their kids. I even liked when Corey razzed Gracie for having a boyfriend. Of course, Corey has to remind Leah that they actually have *set up* Gracie's therapy instead of just saying that they will. I fear It's going to be a hard road for all three of Leah's girls ahead as Ali gets older and her condition becomes more serious. 

Edited by sandwoman
  • Love 19

I can't with Kail. She has two friends in her house, kissing her butt. The she leaves and calls and cries to a third friend on the phone about how she's "doing this aloooone." She is never alone! She always has either her friends or her children around. 

Roxanne is so fucking ridiculous in that preview! Why did the entire Coven have to come to Nova's registration?

Isaac and Jo were cute, as was Watson

• Love 11
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Again, being a citizen of FL, just like the Coven and Devion, I can tell you that renewing your license is super easy. You mainly do it by mail or online, but every 10 years you have to physically go down to the DMV and take an eye test and have a new picture taken. That's basically it. Has Devion even had a driver's license for 10 years? I don't have any idea how old he is. The only other time you have to go down to the DMV is if you got your license before you were 21, they turn the picture and information sideways (portrait orientation instead of landscape) and after your 21st b-day, you can go to the DMV and trade it in for a regular license. They do it because it's easy for places that sell booze to tell if the person is under 21. they don't have to calculate year of birth, just look at the orientation  of the information. It's free to trade in your under 21 to and over 21 license. 

Also, there school requirements for drivers under 18.  Plus the regular requirements that have gotten much more strict than when I was 16.  You also don't need a license to have it suspended.  Repeat offenders can have their eligibility for a valid license delayed for years.  Insurance usually follows up and hits those people with outrageous rates, as well.  I've met a man that was close to 40 and never had a license at all.  (Yes, he was still driving regardless.)  

There are many reasons Devoin could have for not having a license, including just too damn lazy to get one.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Don't forget, she married Burton twice! Do you think Jenelle will marry David twice?? I don't know if I can endure the sod laying drama a second time.

David telling the officiant that he wanted the does anyone object section left out is just ridiculous on its face. That line is in there in case there's a legal impediment. Isn't it worded something like "if anyone here can show just cause why these two people should not be joined, let him speak blah blah blah"? Its not "does anyone think this is a bad idea?"! Think Mr. Rochester--he had a wife still living, so he couldn't marry Jane. David is an idiot. But of course we all know that.

24 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I can't with Kail. She has two friends in her house, kissing her butt.

Well, to be fair, she needs at least two for butt kissing at all times, since she added all that acreage. Probably room for half a dozen more.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, alexa said:

That whole sod thing is just plain weird.  I know everyone has said it, but maybe it can't be said enough.... why would you be laying sod the day before your wedding, and on the same day you expect tents and a dance floor?  People are busy on the day before their wedding tending to the wedding details...not yard work.  They are such weirdos.  I do love how relaxed and normal Chelsea was in comparison.  She is just getting her dress, not revamping her yard.  lol

I also loved how involved she was with aubree trying on the dress...poor little marrissa stood there looking miserable as ever with this c*** just sitting there, took 1 pic and didnt compliment her, assure her that she looks beautiful...nothing. i can understand chelseas relationship with HER own daughter will be different then jennelles STEP daughter relationship, but she chose marrissa to be IN the wedding...shes such a disconnected, dilusional, useless, selfish, insufferable, trainwreck bitch. 

• Love 18

That one male crew member could barely keep from busting a gut when Jenelle was in the throes of meltdown #58694. I can only imagine what the crew says about Mr & Mrs Swampthing when they're sitting around having a beer together. I'd pay to hang out with them and would spend a ton of money on booze to loosen their lips! I noticed ass kissing Kristen stopped herself from asking Jenelle why they waited until the last minute to lay sod, string lights and everything else. She knew she'd be subjected to one of Jenelle's tirades if she dared ask why everything was put off until the last second. She should have asked since JenYell was about to melt down anyway. Watching UBT crazily run that Bobcat all over the place and accomplish nothing was hilarious. First, he was grading the area where the sod was supposed to go. Then, he used the bucket to scoop up what he'd just graded out. Fucking maroon. I believe with drugs, lawyer bills, UBT's new truck, a dozen vacations, the ring Jenelle bought for herself, buying every wedding item Etsy had to offer and the pool, they were broke as a joke and didn't  have the money to pay a landscaper to lay the sod correctly. I wonder if MTV paid the rental company and whatever poor souls had to cater the swampfest in exchange for filming? UBT telling the crew member to leave out that part of the ceremony said it all. They couldn't count on their bribed with booze and drugs wedding guests to not stand up and call it like they see it. 

Then we have Chelsea with her lifelong best friend going to get her dress and Chelsea and Cole calmly talking about Cole doing the last minute things with what the guys were going to wear. Pure shade, MTV style.

• Love 21

poor little marrissa stood there looking miserable as ever with this c*** just sitting there, took 1 pic and didnt compliment her, assure her that she looks beautiful...nothing. 

C'mon now...I could've sworn I heard Jenelle say that she knew Marissa would prefer the poofier dress. That's SOMETHING!! 

Once, just once I'd be happy to see the MTV crew not come back to film Jenelle and UBT after they kick them off their land for the hundredth time. I'll bet those famewhores would be shocked.

YES...or refuse to leave.

Jenelle: "YOU ALL NEED TO LEAVE!!!" 

Producer: *Slowly holds up contract*. *Slowly raises middle finger*.

• Love 22

I’m so far behind. For whoever asked Kail has said her friend Quay’s name on snap and on the show. I’m not good at spelling out pronunciation but it’s pronounced like The qu in quiet, and way. Quay 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Then we have Chelsea with her lifelong best friend going to get her dress and Chelsea and Cole calmly talking about Cole doing the last minute things with what the guys were going to wear. Pure shade, MTV style.

I think Chelsea was smart to hire a party planner to take some of the load off. I'm sure Jenelle would've done the same, but either she couldn't afford to, or she wanted a freebie in exchange for publicity and nobody took the bait.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, sandwoman said:

Also what a bunch of dumb yo-yos that they waited until the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING to law down sod and grass and the dance floor and then, on top of that, tried to do it alone. They are IDIOTS.

To be fair, their were various drugs to be consumed, children to be neglected. When you're really high do you really feel like laying a couple acres of sod?

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, Brooklynista said:

Nope, because it looked like the dummy didn't bother to find out beforehand herself. Devoin never said he wasnt going to pay. He said he didn't have cash and wanted to put the fee on a credit card. Always ready for a disappointment, Briana storms off to the damn ATM. Why didn't  she ask/tell him to go gey cash off the card?? 

Also does the entire coven get paid by the scene?? In what world does mom, dad, grandma, auntie, pre-schooler and newborn show up for school registration?

That's what I was wondering.  If you're asking someone to pay for something and it has to be paid for THAT DAY, why wouldn't you find out beforehand 1. How much it costs and 2. What forms of payment they take?  Not many people roll around with 200+ dollars in cash in their wallet at any given time.  I didn't think it was that appalling that he didn't have the cash with him at registration. Also, what kind of school are they at that only takes cash for something that costs more than $200?  That's a lot of money to ask people to show up with in cash.  They don't take checks?

Does Brittany work?  How were they all able to be there in the middle of the day for registration? 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, FlowerofCarnage said:

Yep! And to think, Javi wants to voluntarily subject himself to the Coven.

Poor Jace, having to spend one-on-one time with Uncle Toxic Masculinity.  

I actually think Javi would do well with the coven.  He's Mr. Family Man so I think they'd actually like him a lot.  Plus, he's used to being smacked around by Kail so...

• Love 15
54 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

That one male crew member could barely keep from busting a gut when Jenelle was in the throes of meltdown #58694. I can only imagine what the crew says about Mr & Mrs Swampthing when they're sitting around having a beer together. I'd pay to hang out with them and would spend a ton of money on booze to loosen their lips! I noticed ass kissing Kristen stopped herself from asking Jenelle why they waited until the last minute to lay sod, string lights and everything else. She knew she'd be subjected to one of Jenelle's tirades if she dared ask why everything was put off until the last second. She should have asked since JenYell was about to melt down anyway. Watching UBT crazily run that Bobcat all over the place and accomplish nothing was hilarious. First, he was grading the area where the sod was supposed to go. Then, he used the bucket to scoop up what he'd just graded out. Fucking maroon. I believe with drugs, lawyer bills, UBT's new truck, a dozen vacations, the ring Jenelle bought for herself, buying every wedding item Etsy had to offer and the pool, they were broke as a joke and didn't  have the money to pay a landscaper to lay the sod correctly. I wonder if MTV paid the rental company and whatever poor souls had to cater the swampfest in exchange for filming? UBT telling the crew member to leave out that part of the ceremony said it all. They couldn't count on their bribed with booze and drugs wedding guests to not stand up and call it like they see it. 

This made me laugh so hard! My coworker thinks I am nuts. Who is working on the Benny Hill remake of UBT and Jenelle?!

• Love 3