Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: In Sod We Trust

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

There are also the cases where children in the foster system are missing because CPS doesn't do any follow-ups or visits. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-amissing11aug11-story.html

One of the most infamous cases of these missing children was Rilya Wilson of Miami who has never been located: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/12/05/testimony-to-resume-in-case-of-rilya-wilsons-death/

Same with gabriel hernandez. CPS made several visits to this family's home because the mothers boyfriend (an ex con) was beating her son....nothing was done and they found the kid dead mos later... so sad how our system is fucked up.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, JuliesMommy said:

Same with gabriel hernandez. CPS made several visits to this family's home because the mothers boyfriend (an ex con) was beating her son....nothing was done and they found the kid dead mos later... so sad how our system is fucked up.

This particular case is on our news everyday due to it being a So. California case. Very graphic and disturbing.

Jace may not have the perfect surroundings a lot of the times, but his life fares better when he is not around Jenelle and UBT. Barb's life would be better as well if she didn't have to communicate with Jenelle.  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

This particular case is on our news everyday due to it being a So. California case. Very graphic and disturbing.

Jace may not have the perfect surroundings a lot of the times, but his life fares better when he is not around Jenelle and UBT. Barb's life would be better as well if she didn't have to communicate with Jenelle.  

Yes!!! Im from so cal too and it hit so hard and close to home... punishing the piece of shit mother is not enough!! 

Barb has had a real tough road raising her grandkids at such an older age, but its the best thing that could of happened to those kids. I dont know anything about jennelles sister, but i do know for sure that jace is in the best care he could be in...away from jenelle and not in foster care.

• Love 16
On November 5, 2017 at 7:35 PM, lezlers said:

Oh how I wish she would have done that.  Jace was still little enough to get adopted and probably would've lived a much better life.  Yes, Jenelle would've been given (multiple) opportunities to straighten up, but the ultimate decision would've been made while Jace was young enough to not have any memory of it. Now it's too late.  I totally believe that Barb and Jenelle's co-dependent, toxic relationship has always come before Jace's well-being.   Barb just can't quit Jenelle and Jenelle just can't quit being a fuck up.  The ultimate loser in the whole situation is Jace.  

Nah, I think the ultimate losers in the situation are Kaiser and Ensley, the two kids being raised by Jenelle and her sociopath/soulmate of the moment. Jace won by getting to be raised by Barb compared to the kids Jenelle is raising. 

• Love 20
On 11/4/2017 at 9:59 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not inclined to take Jenelle's word on anything, much less someone's character.

I have an extremely hard time believing if Mike was anything but a good step-dad, Jenelle would not hold back from saying anything about him. We'd be hearing about it over and over and over again. She surely would have said something about Mike if it garnered her any points with her fans and it made Barb look bad.

I decided to do some Googling and according to her book - the same book where she trashed Barb left and right, trashed her siblings, and trashed everyone else she could, except Mike. She pointed out Mike was her step-dad and he was viewed as the father of the house. She then mentioned how one day her own father didn't bother to visit because Mike happened to be on the porch. Jenelle goes on to mention how her father was abusive to Barb throughout their marriage, but in her heart, she loved him.

Jenelle is clearly missing her father.

On 11/5/2017 at 5:51 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I disagree that Jace would’ve still be little enough to have no memory and be adoptable as an infant or a young toddler. Terminating Jenelle’s rights would’ve taken YEARS. Had it occurred (again, she could’ve kept the boy bouncing in and out of foster homes his entire childhood- until 18) he probably would be the same age he is now, rather than having spent all these years with one person (Barb) he probably would’ve spent years in multiple homes with God Knows Whom. 

I wish I could like this more than once.

Edited by SPLAIN
forgot two words which changes the meaning of one sentence
  • Love 13
On 11/5/2017 at 8:51 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I disagree that Jace would’ve still be little enough to have no memory and be adoptable as an infant or a young toddler. Terminating Jenelle’s rights would’ve taken YEARS. Had it occurred (again, she could’ve kept the boy bouncing in and out of foster homes his entire childhood- until 18) he probably would be the same age he is now, rather than having spent all these years with one person (Barb) he probably would’ve spent years in multiple homes with God Knows Whom. 

I also don't think that Jenelle would have just gone away if Barb had put Jace in foster care. That would have meant that she gave up the MTV money, since I doubt they'd want to do a show following her for years while she bounced around the country with druggie boyfriends or whatever having nothing to do with Jace. Since Jenelle voluntarily gave up legal custody, she could have gotten Jace back immediately if Barb had relinquished custody. Even if she didn't have him live with her full-time, she could have made her MTV salary filming visitations with him while he was in foster care and had an additional storyline of her "working to get her life together so she could get her son back." I think that would have given her additional incentive to half-assedly work toward parenting Jace, which would have led to him bouncing in and out of her custody depending on her current relationship status/drug use. In that scenario, Barb would have no rights or power over Jace and he would be 100% dependent on Jenelle and the foster care system.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Google "Logan Marr"

Thanks for this, such a sad story.

No way around it, the system is

definitely '_cked up', Jace quite

possibly could have been this kid.

Any kid in the foster system is taking

a chance with their life. Here in Canada,

as well. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

I have an extremely hard time believing if Mike was anything but a good step-dad, Jenelle would not be saying anything about him. We'd be hearing about it over and over and over again. She surely would have said something about Mike if it garnered her any points with her fans and it made Barb look bad.

I decided to do some Googling and according to her book - the same book where she trashed Barb left and right, trashed her siblings, and trashed everyone else she could, except Mike. She pointed out Mike was her step-dad and he was viewed as the father of the house. She then mentioned how one day her own father didn't bother to visit because Mike happened to be on the porch. Jenelle goes on to mention how her father was abusive to Barb throughout their marriage, but in her heart, she loved him.

I just checked Amazon, Jenelle's book is still going for 10 bucks for Kindle,

no way am I paying that much, will wait until is it going for 1 buck instead!

Thanks to those who have bought it and tell us what is in it:)

• Love 3
On 11/4/2017 at 5:19 AM, mittsigirl said:

I know lots of people don't like Dr. Phil, but he has stated MANY, MANY times-you do not want to put a child in to the foster care system!! It is as very broken system!! I know we have all likely heard many horrific stories about SOME, not all of them. He has said many times that it is best to try to fix the child's family, first. If Jenelle had been my daughter, with my grandchild, at Barb's age, I could not have put the child in to the system either. I would have bent over backwards to keep it, and hope and pray that my daughter would grow up and become a good mother to her child. You can't say you know how you would handle it until you actually had to decide how to handle it! I would much prefer to retire and live out my 'golden years', but if it came down to my grandchild, those 'golden years' would just have to wait.

And as for Barb having 3 children from her alcoholic abuser husband, how do we know that she wasn't raped during one of his drunken beating sessions? It wasn't called rape back then, if your drunken abusive husband wanted to have sex with his wife. No, the wife had very little say in the matter. And what would a cop do if called by the wife, after the fact? Things were different back then, 30-40 years ago. She is a small woman, maybe she did try to fight him off, we do not know that! We always have the clearest answers, until it happens to us. Human nature, I guess.

I just want to co-sign this because it’s true. The sad fact is that CPS cannot afford to swoop in and “TAKE ARE KIDZ” like people think. In actuality (as has been pointed out multiple times) the states literally can not afford to house, feed, and clothe all the kids that are in their care. They get the minimum budget funding possible to do what they do with the understanding and the standpoint of most states that reunification with biological family members (preferably biological parents) is paramount and ideal. Also, bringing this back more to the TM side of things, Judge Toler from Divorce Court brought up this very fact when talking to Kail and Javi about child support and custody on Marriage Bootcamp. She basically said that the courts do the best they can to work in the best interest of your kids, but they don’t love your kids. And how could they? Judges see hundreds of these cases every year. 

No, Barb is not perfect. She makes mistakes, I grant that. But she is absolutely the best adult for Jace to be with, hands down. All this episode proved to me is that Barb needs a better friend. Her friend was straight trash. 

Edited by TeenMomAngerMgmt
Typos and autocorrect
  • Love 23
30 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I just checked Amazon, Jenelle's book is still going for 10 bucks for Kindle,

no way am I paying that much, will wait until is it going for 1 buck instead!

Thanks to those who have bought it and tell us what is in it:)

I posted a link for the free copy you can download.  :) it’s somewhere within this thread. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

I just want to co-sign this because it’s true. The sad fact is that CPS cannot afford to swoop in and “TAKE ARE KIDZ” like people think. In actuality (as has been pointed out multiple times) the states literally can not afford to house, feed, and clothe all the kids that are in their care. They get the minimum budget funding possible to do what they do with the understanding and the standpoint of most states that reunification with biological family members (preferably biological parents) is paramount and ideal. Also, bringing this back more to the TM side of things, Judge Toler from Divorce Court brought up this very fact when talking to Kail and Javi about child support and custody on Marriage Bootcamp. She basically said that the courts do the best they can to work in the best interest of your kids, but they don’t love your kids. And how could they? Judges see hundreds of these cases every year. 

No, Barb is not perfect. She makes mistakes, I grant that. But she is absolutely the best adult for Jace to be with, hands down. All this episode proved to me is that Barb needs a better friend. Her friend was straight trash. 

30 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I posted a link for the free copy you can download.  :) it’s somewhere within this thread. 

Thanks MKay!!

• Love 5
Just now, mittsigirl said:

Thank you! The poster upthread talked about how people misunderstanding domestic violence was a pet peeve of hers, and people misunderstanding the role of CPS is one of mine. My mom has been a social worker pretty much my whole life. I’ve seen the system work (and not work) first hand. Folks should consider being court appointed advocates if they have the money, wherewithal, or temperament. Or just donate. They need more money. 

• Love 15
Just now, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Thank you! The poster upthread talked about how people misunderstanding domestic violence was a pet peeve of hers, and people misunderstanding the role of CPS is one of mine. My mom has been a social worker pretty much my whole life. I’ve seen the system work (and not work) first hand. Folks should consider being court appointed advocates if they have the money, wherewithal, or temperament. Or just donate. They need more money. 

With your Mom working as a SW, you sure must have heard some heart-breaking stories.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Nah, I think the ultimate losers in the situation are Kaiser and Ensley, the two kids being raised by Jenelle and her sociopath/soulmate of the moment. Jace won by getting to be raised by Barb compared to the kids Jenelle is raising. 

Agree to disagree.   The kid already looks dead inside.  I have a feeling he's going to be no stranger to the inside of a jail cell in a few years, and that's a damn shame.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Agree to disagree.   The kid already looks dead inside.  I have a feeling he's going to be no stranger to the inside of a jail cell in a few years, and that's a damn shame.

I am also gravely concerned about Jace's future, but I still think he's far better off than Kaiser and Ensley. At least he has some degree of a "normal, healthy" relationship with his primary caregiver and, hopefully, he's gaining some healthy tools to cope with/overcome his emotional issues in therapy. I'm pretty sure that UBT will actively block any efforts/possibilities for Kaiser and Ensley to get any kind of professional help and they will live all or most of the time in UBT's and Jenelle's alternate reality in which it's normal for parents to be high all the time; to largely ignore their kids; to abuse their kids physically, verbally, and emotionally; to have screaming fights; to be locked away in their bedroom, leaving the kids to fend for themselves; to encourage/force the kids to lie/keep secrets about what's going on in their home; etc.; etc. Barb is very far from perfect, but there is no comparison between her and the Swamp Things.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Sadly, I agree. Jace has been in counseling for a while and he's still having violent outbursts. He told his therapist he doesn't feel bad when he hurts Barb. That's pretty scary. I think Barb will be able to keep a lid on things for the next few years, but I think Jace is going to go off the rails once he hits middle school. 

• Love 5

Jace has mentioned being hit by Maryssa. So, he has three people being assholes to him at The Land. He at least has the time he is away from those three when he is with his grandmother/parent. 

Kaiser also has his grandmother to find love and joy with when he visits with her. 

Eggsley is stuck. She has no one to run to. Even when she is with David's side of the family that is still being with assholes. 

Jace has been in therapy, but he is still a young boy. His mind is still growing. He is now seeing a psychiatrist who will likely know better about the medication he is taking and adjust it properly.  Therapy will take years. He is now dealing with a set schedule with Jenelle whereas before nothing was set in stone. Most of his time was spent with Barb. You add UBT in the mix which can only serve to make things worse for that little guy. All his concerns have been ignored by Jenelle, such as him not wanting her to marry David. He has mentioned more times than I can remember, how he would rather be with Barb. There was that one time a few seasons back when Jenelle tried to talk Jace into saying he'd rather be with her, and not even the bribe of going somewhere "special" made him change his mind about wanting to go back with Barb. To him, Barb is his safe zone. That is where he'd rather be. He knows Jenelle is only good for the times she plays video games with him, but the rest of the time, she is a psycho bitch.

• Love 17
19 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

I have an extremely hard time believing if Mike was anything but a good step-dad, Jenelle would not hold back from saying anything about him. We'd be hearing about it over and over and over again. She surely would have said something about Mike if it garnered her any points with her fans and it made Barb look bad.

Where is Jenelle's father now?

• Love 2
On 11/5/2017 at 2:43 PM, GreatKazu said:

Or if they were raped. 

I would have to check the episodes on my DVR, but I thought after she severed the relationship, she mentioned to her mother how Luis can't even take care of his daughter. If that is the case, that means she knew at least prior to the break-up about him not taking care of his child, if that is even true. I certainly cannot say and Briana's credibility is not up to par.

Honestly, Luis doesn't offer much on camera as far as any info. He does not argue with anything that is said about him. I don't know if it is because he doesn't want to engage, he doesn't want to defend himself from the accusations, or the accusations are not true. Whatever the case may be, at this point in time Briana needs to either file for support - which may or may not be successful as far as bringing in money - or she needs to get over the fact that these two guys she chose to have children with are not ever going to meet HER AND HER FAMILY'S expectations. Whatever they bring to the table is what Briana will have to work with. 

This is certainly true. He doesn't ever say "that's not true" or anything about their accusations. I guess he could just not want to deal with their drama, but Luis doesn't seem like a wilting flower to me. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Where is Jenelle's father now?

In the phone book.  If any of his kids want to get a hold of him, his name and number is listed.  No seriously.  He has said this in a published article.  

• Love 12
On 10/31/2017 at 10:59 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Jenelle's freak out was so hilarious on so many levels. 

1. Her to do list included things most people do on a normal day, like pick up their kids. I guess when compared with her normal activities of sitting around sipping on Starbucks while complaining about Barb, it must be overwhelming

2. She breaks down and yells not about how much she has to do, but because she isn't getting enough attention about how much she has to do. 

Exactly.  And it's always, "I have to pick up Jace, then pick up Kaiser and this and that and da da da and so on..."  This/that/da da/so on are not actual things Jenelle.  Quit trying to embellish your errands.

And I don't want to hear the Coven threaten to "put you on child support" one more time.  It's not a punishment threat.  You PAY child support, period.  It's not a game piece for you use like it's your choice to put them on.  It's also not your choice to not let the dad see their child regularly if you put them on child support.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Exactly.  And it's always, "I have to pick up Jace, then pick up Kaiser and this and that and da da da and so on..."  This/that/da da/so on are not actual things Jenelle.  Quit trying to embellish your errands.

Plus, those are the children she DECIDED to have with different fathers. Average people who don't have to pick up each child at a totally different household don't have to do it because they didn't have 3 kids by 3 mothers/fathers. It's not like this was something out of her control. If I spend a ton of money on silly stuff and go majorly into debt, I don't get to later go "oh my god I don't know why my life is SOOOO stressful, I'm just CONSTANTLY having to pay off credit card bills" and expect worlds of sympathy.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 17
50 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

And I don't want to hear the Coven threaten to "put you on child support" one more time.  It's not a punishment threat.  You PAY child support, period.  It's not a game piece for you use like it's your choice to put them on.  It's also not your choice to not let the dad see their child regularly if you put them on child support.

What makes it even more ridiculous is that every time Briana brings it up to one of her baby dads, they respond, "Ok, fine." She asked Devoin for his information and he gave it to her without argument, then she just kept talking about how she might "put him on child support." It's irresponsible that she didn't file for child support from both dads as soon as the kids were born. I can only assume that she didn't because she (and the rest of the Coven) don't want the dads to have court-mandated visitation. So that's on her/them. They want full control of the kids, but the price for that is the dads can provide financial support if/when they feel like it.

Devoin has been too stupid/lazy/immature/irresponsible to file for visitation and he enjoyed not being legally obligated to support his daughter, but he may have his shit more together now that he has 2 jobs and the MTV money from this season. He's also older and Nova is older, which means she's more fun to hang with and she's asking more questions. So he may be more motivated to be a better father now than he's been in the past and more empowered to stand up to the Coven. I hope so, for Nova and because it will piss the Coven off royally. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Plus, those are the children she DECIDED to have with different fathers. Average people who don't have to pick up each child at a totally different household don't have to do it because they didn't have 3 kids by 3 mothers/fathers. It's not like this was something out of her control. If I spend a ton of money on silly stuff and go majorly into debt, I don't get to later go "oh my god I don't know why my life is SOOOO stressful, I'm just CONSTANTLY having to pay off credit card bills" and expect worlds of sympathy.

Exactly.  That went through my head earlier.  You're the one who keep having babies with each soul mate, so expect it to be a little more complicated when it comes to arranging stuff with the kids.  

1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

What makes it even more ridiculous is that every time Briana brings it up to one of her baby dads, they respond, "Ok, fine." She asked Devoin for his information and he gave it to her without argument, then she just kept talking about how she might "put him on child support." It's irresponsible that she didn't file for child support from both dads as soon as the kids were born. I can only assume that she didn't because she (and the rest of the Coven) don't want the dads to have court-mandated visitation. So that's on her/them. They want full control of the kids, but the price for that is the dads can provide financial support if/when they feel like it.

Again, exactly.  They make such a big deal with an accompanying song when she finally walked to the mailbox to mail the form to put Devoin on child support.  I was wondering if it's because she's actually mailing the form or because she got off the couch and left the apartment.  It's a toss up.

And that's exactly the problem with the Coven.  Brianna is babied/pampered so much that not once has Roxanne said, "you made your bed, you must lie in it". No, they're perpetual victims.  All these guys, man, they can't with them is all she says.  You can't bump uglies with some guy in a club one night and expect him to be your prince charming and dad of the year.  How is act is who you attract.  And Roxanne should be embarrassed for herself.  She thinks she's cute, getting all Puerto Rican, protecting her babies.  No, you're a trashy drama queen who started the cycle of having babies by other men and she keeps getting so involved in 20-something drama.  Can't stand her.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Plus, those are the children she DECIDED to have with different fathers.

But, see, you're talking about actions having consequences.  Jenelle doesn't get that.  

37 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

They make such a big deal with an accompanying song when she finally walked to the mailbox to mail the form to put Devoin on child support.  I was wondering if it's because she's actually mailing the form or because she got off the couch and left the apartment.  It's a toss up.

That song was the "My Huge Ass is Stalking Me" tune.  

5 hours ago, MissMel said:

If any of his kids want to get a hold of him, his name and number is listed.  No seriously.  He has said this in a published article.  

He probably meant if the producers want to pay him to be on the show, they can call him.  Or we could.  Podcast, anyone?  

• Love 7
On 11/8/2017 at 1:52 PM, Sprockets said:

But, see, you're talking about actions having consequences.  Jenelle doesn't get that.  

He probably meant if the producers want to pay him to be on the show, they can call him.  Or we could.  Podcast, anyone?  

I hope the producers never ask him to be on the show or on the reunion or anything. I don't want to hear anything a domestic abuser has to say. 

• Love 10
On 11/8/2017 at 11:52 AM, Sprockets said:

Sprockets you are so funny. If you get up my way we need to have coffee or a cocktail. Or smoke a bowl. Your choice.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Sprockets you are so funny. If you get up my way we need to have coffee or a cocktail. Or smoke a bowl. Your choice.

I look funny, too.  And I smell funny.  Please PM your geographic coordinates.  I will locate you with my sonar ray device.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

I hope the producers never ask him to be on the show or on the reunion or anything. I don't want to hear anything a domestic abuser has to say. 

But, we have to hear from David, Amber, Jenelle, and Kail, all documented abusers. 

lol

• Love 8
4 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Travel northwest until you hit water. You're in Seattle!

If I ever get my wish to move to Washington State, we will definitely have a drink or two.  

• Love 3
On 11/7/2017 at 3:18 PM, lezlers said:

He will after Jenelle calls 911 on him for assaulting or killing David for defending himself or his siblings from abuse.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 7
On 11/11/2017 at 11:41 AM, GreatKazu said:

But, we have to hear from David, Amber, Jenelle, and Kail, all documented abusers. 

lol

True I guess that's why I don't want to see him on the show with Dr. Drew saying, "Barb just needed to be contained, didn't she? And you really love you daughter Jenelle, right?" 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

True I guess that's why I don't want to see him on the show with Dr. Drew saying, "Barb just needed to be contained, didn't she? And you really love you daughter Jenelle, right?" 

Jenelle would be so happy to see her abusive dad, and we know that would only serve to infuriate David even more simply because she should only be adoring him, no one else. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

What's stopping Jenelle from calling her beloved dad now?

David is probably. When I was with my kids abusive father aka the sperm donor, he isolated me from my friends and family like David is doing. I wasn't even allowed to go out to lunch with my dad unless the sperm donor went with us. I have 2 older brothers and the sperm donor once asked if I had a favorite. I told him that the youngest one is my favorite and the donor asked if he was my favorite brother because his dick was bigger than the other brother. He was a sick bastard. I don't watch the show anymore on a regular basis but from what I have seen and read here, David is a lot like the sperm donor was.  I escaped in the middle of the night at age 20 with my 2 year old daughter and newborn son.  He stalked and harassed me for a year, tried to kidnap my kids a couple of times and just made my life a living hell. After that year,  karma did me a favor and killed the bastard in a fire. (he was "working" in a meth lab and it blew up). 

I may sound like an asshole but I don't worry or care about what happens to Jenelle, I just don't give a shit. I feel like karma is catching up to her. I don't give a flying fuck about her but I do worry about those kids.  I often wonder if I'd have had the strength to leave my situation if not for my kids.  I knew that I didn't want my daughter to grow up thinking being beaten and verbally abused is normal in a relationship and I didn't want my son to grow up and be an abuser. I left because of my kids but I don't see Jenelle doing that.  I worry for thos kids physical and emotional well-being. Kaiser will grow up thinking that beating on a woman is the way a relationship works and Eggsley will grow up thinking abuse equals love. 

• Love 13

@Maharincess I’m so sorry for all you went through and I’m glad you made it out alive. 

@DangerousMinds I’d bet dollars to donuts Jenelle has called her father and he told her to fuck off or asked for money. Most likely the latter first THEN the former. Of course she cannot say that because then her father isn’t a saint and Barb the villain that made him leave. 

• Love 8

“To this day I have no idea whether it was the best choice for me to cut ties with him, like my mother tried to make me do, or if my father just didn’t want anything to do with us anymore,” Evans concluded. “This thought is always on my mind, but until I get to speak to him, it will never be answered. Maybe one day we will reconnect once again. Love you daddy.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jenelle-evans-talks-the-mystery-involving-her-absent-father-details-w163172/

She claims in this interview her dad once played in a band with Chevy Chase. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

Thanks @Scarlett45. It was a long, long time ago. In my own humble opinion, emotional/verbal abuse is just as bad if not worse than physical abuse. The bruises, cuts and broken bones healed a long time ago but late at night when I can't sleep, I can still hear those words loud and clear.  I also agree with you about Jenelle dad. I'm sure she called and expected him to kiss her ass and agree with everything she said and he probably told her to fuck off. 

Anyway, it's not like I want Jenelle to be hurt, it's just that I feel like whatever happened would be her own doing.  I hope that makes sense and doesn't make me sound heartless but it's the kids I worry about, not her. 

• Love 10

@Maharincess I am so sorry about what you went through!!! You always think it couldn't happen to you or people that you know, even through a forum. So glad you made it out alive and he wasn't able to hurt you! I find it interesting that people who have suffered real abuse always peg David as an abuser. Sooooo many people, especially on the TM2 Facebook page, say he's a "great guy" and brag that there's no proof of abuse. I almost feel like we don't need proof! He seems to have a very short fuse, deep irrational hatred, and few limits. Hearing testimony like yours solidifies my suspicion that he is definitely abusing that family. I feel like you are able to hone in on qualities that are similar to your ex, the same creepy way that adam's behavior reminded me of my teenage boyfriend. Obviously they are in two extremely different categories of abuse, but it's easy to spot those qualities once you've lived them. I suspect that's why Barb hates David so much too. After escaping a DV relationship herself, she knows the signs too, and sees David more than any of us do. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Thanks @Scarlett45. It was a long, long time ago. In my own humble opinion, emotional/verbal abuse is just as bad if not worse than physical abuse. The bruises, cuts and broken bones healed a long time ago but late at night when I can't sleep, I can still hear those words loud and clear.  I also agree with you about Jenelle dad. I'm sure she called and expected him to kiss her ass and agree with everything she said and he probably told her to fuck off. 

Anyway, it's not like I want Jenelle to be hurt, it's just that I feel like whatever happened would be her own doing.  I hope that makes sense and doesn't make me sound heartless but it's the kids I worry about, not her. 

❤️ For you @Maharincess

• Love 6

I love you guys. Thank you all so much. I only posted about my experience to compare with what I see when I watch Jenelle.  I see a lot of similarities. @GreatKazu, you know you're my girl. Thank you. 

A year after all of this happened, I met a great guy, he moved in with me and the kids less than a month after we met and almost 29 years later (next May), he's still here. He's been the best dad my kids could have ever hoped for, he's now an awesome grandpa and we are still as close as we were when we first met so everything ended well. 

I don't like her but I do hope Jenelle gets out of this unharmed. I don't pray but I truly hope with everything I have that those two innocent kids aren't harmed. 

Edit: One of the things that reminds me of my experience is the way David is quiet.  He doesn't yell and scream from what I've seen. My ex was the same way, he would whisper his threats or just give me a look in public and I knew I was in trouble.  He would speak very quietly but he would also speak without a word and I see that with David. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 11

His quietness is eerie to me too. Although Nathan is a piece of crap, I didn't get the same uneasy feeling with his bombastic explosions as I do with David. Also, I think Jenelle gave it right back to Nathan. I don't think she would dare lay a hand on david, though. That scene where he insisted nobody was fighting was one of the most chilling things I have ever seen in television! It's what wasn't said, as well as Maryssa and Jenelle's body language, that made the scene so uncomfortable. 

• Love 7