Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/9/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: 

Jason Ritter (ABC's "Kevin (Probably) Saves the World"); "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday: 

Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday:

The Political View with Van Jones (author, "Beyond the Messy Truth: How We Came Apart, How We Come Together")

Thursday:

Actor Chadwick Boseman ("Marshall"); a performance by Charley Pride.

Friday:
Wendy Williams ("The Wendy Williams Show"); Susie Essman ("Curb Your Enthusiasm"; "Broad City")

• Love 2

I wonder if they'll bring up how Wendy has been salivating over getting an interview with OJ since her new season started? Her show started airing again here after a season of not doing so. I've watched a few episodes and she's seemed to mention OJ on quite a few of them.

• Love 2

Wow, suck up much to Whoopie, Ms McCain?   And where did she, an Arizona girl, come up with the obnoxious Valley Girl voice?  And honey, tone the wayyy too blonde hair, get rid of the rings on every finger and really drop the gold necklace that looks like it's choking you.  

Seriously, everything I've read about her points to the fact that she could very well be another person in the "Duh" world of Hasselbeck.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 20

Meghan McCain - same as everyone above!  Can someone get her elocution lessons?  I wondered, also, why she sounds like a valley girl.  I find that type of speech very annoying.  Hate her hair.  Does she pay someone to make her look like that.  I wasn't sure if that was a necklace or a fat wrinkle.  Not a good choice by The View.  I much preferred Jed.

About the boots Sunny was wearing - she looked like an old go go dancer.

• Love 9

Megan, STFU.  You fuck with Joy, you have to deal with me. 

And Woopi, you can STFU too. Really, the promoter of young talent?  Were you thinking about your calling when you were supporting Bill Cosby? Or Roman Polanski?

• Love 20

Half way thru the show and I can NOT stand Meghan McCain!   She is so smug & condescending, and has to keep mentioning her time on Fox Network...  And as everyone has stated above, her voice is irritating and the hair too bleached and that necklace looks like its choking her!  And talking about Cancer, yes its a terrible disease but she framed it all about HER...how it affected HER life...nothing about how her Father was coping.  Hope she does not last long!  I would prefer Jedi to Meghan!

• Love 14

I like her more than Jedi, not that that means much. Smart of her to come out the gate kissing Whoopi's behind. She must've learned something from those reruns she watched.

Jason Ritter is adorable. I had no idea he was related to the guy from Three's Company, but I could see the resemblance once they mentioned it.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Jason Ritter is adorable. I had no idea he was related to the guy from Three's Company, but I could see the resemblance once they mentioned it.

I can't look at him without being distracted by how much he looks like his father.  Cute story about how he ended up in the credits. 

• Love 12

Meghan McCain will last a season. She's already a trainwreck. Admiring EH and no mention of JB... the co shost that you just replaced was all types of weird. MM's kissing Whoopi's ass was nauseating. No wonder Whoopi came back for another season. She probably was in on JB getting canned for MM's hiring. So glad Joy is there. She won't take any crap from MM.  

Edited by rags
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

5 minutes in and Megan already annoys me, with her too yellow hair, too tight necklace, vocal fry, and kissing Whoopi's ass. Plus she hasn't stopped to take a breath.

Oh, and her admiration of Elisabeth. 

I am joining the chorus on this one.  I kept watching for the blood to start dripping from the necklace.

• Love 22

Meghyn McCain is annoying me from Word One.  Beginning with the annoying Valley Girl voice, to the parroting of the right wing party line.  Her ignorance on the anthem protests was absolutely insane.  Was she told by the producers to be confrontational and talk like a Republican bloviator?  And why did she sit out the hugging?

• Love 10
Just now, athousandclowns said:

We have terrible fires in Northern Ca so my blood pressure is in check ( local news says it'll be 2 am before they run the show) and I really can't figure out the mind set in the Megan choice. 

They need a conservative blonde.

• Love 7

Just NO to Meghan! From the get-go. She seems very divisive to me, ie when she said she didn't know how Americans, er, people deal with cancer......Americans? Or that she would have walked out with Pence.......she seems very close minded to me and couldn't even crack a smile when everyone else laughed at a joke from Joy. And then was trying to make some point (that lost me) about O'Rielly and Weinstein. Didn't throw in Ailes too, btw. Wrong is wrong no matter what party one belongs to as she should have learned by now with her own father's conduct with his first wife.

With her background I was quite taken by her lack of balance and lack of critical thinking.

• Love 17

I hate to add to the chorus but MM is a complete  disaster..   She talked nonstop in the beginning and it was all about her.  she was as bad as I thought she  would be.  I couldn't take my eyes off her neck - her choker was so tight, I thought she would start bleeding.

• Love 18

UGH. I can’t be the only one who thought that when Meghan said she was honored to sit in Bitsy’s seat and watched her, she was referring to that infamous split screen with Rosie.

And seriously? Joy is the only person she’s going to disagree with? If Whoopi is her mentor and “The First Lady of the View,” ( which NO!!! That was Barbara Walters you ignoramus twit) she should know that Whoopi and Joy have the same opinions politically and socially.? She’s all butthurt and her feelings were hurt because Joy didn’t call her to welcome her to the show.

I wish Sunny or Joy would have pointed out to Miss I am The only true Patriot what the third verse is in the Anthem. And Tribal? Really? Is that her code word for racial?

And I can see it now-she’s going to bring up Ailes, O'Reilly every time there’s not enough excorciating from Hollywood toward the likes of Weinstein and his ilk. I got the sense she was victim blaming when going on about how people kept coming to her, demanding how she could continue to work at FOX. Does she not realize a good number of Weinstein’s victims weren’t powerful?  Oh but wait-ALL THE FAMOUS ones DID know, according to her, and they should ALL be coming forth.???

And Cancer is awful. I know this. Everyone does. But sorry, as much as I empathize with Senator McCain, he’s not the first to be diagnosed with this particular cancer-Senator Ted Kennedy suffered from it and he managed to live an extra 18 months, I believe. She was going on and on and ON about how her father was going to die in three months. How it affected her, what she was going through, blah, blah, blah.

She is going to be insufferable.

13 minutes ago, rags said:

The only reason to keep watching is to see the moment Meghan turns on Whoopi. 

Or vice versa.

• Love 22

I only got to watch a little bit today before I had to head out for (Canadian) Thanksgiving lunch.  The opening MM segment, wasn't too horrible, though her mention right off the bat of EH was her first strike. And during the first bit of the 2nd segment, where it looked like MM was about to "take the other side" in the Pence/NFL discussion, I felt my dislike forming. Didn't get to see anymore, so I can't say too much about her yet. Tomorrow, with a full day of hot topics, should give a good idea of what she's going to be like.

• Love 5

The old saying 'Be careful what you wish for' applies.  Everyone was annoyed with Jed and celebrated her leaving, but at least she didn't always speak the Republican line all the time.  Her, Sunny, and Sara seemed to enjoy each other as well.  I don't think Meghan and Sunny will be hanging out after work something tells me.

• Love 11

As soon as  Meghan started kissing Whoopie's ass, I changed the channel. Whoopie was beaming from ear to ear. I almost threw up from the adulation. I find her as inauthentic as Elizabeth who she mentioned in her monologue. I don't understand why this show has to have a conservative host. Joy and Meghan will clash at some point.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wish Sunny or Joy would have pointed out to Miss I am The only true Patriot what the third verse is in the Anthem. And Tribal? Really? Is that her code word for racial?

I know!  I almost choked on my coffee when she said that!  (Incidentally, Pence was not going to stay for the game anyway.  He had an event planned in LA last night according to his office. It was all a stunt.)

• Love 17
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

The old saying 'Be careful what you wish for' applies.  Everyone was annoyed with Jed and celebrated her leaving, but at least she didn't always speak the Republican line all the time.  Her, Sunny, and Sara seemed to enjoy each other as well. 

I didn't feel Jedi got along with anyone on the show. She always felt disconnected from the rest of the table when they were laughing or talking about their personal lives. But there's no way Meghan could top Jedi for me. I'm still ecstatic she is gone where I never have to see her again.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And seriously? Joy is the only person she’s going to disagree with?

That was Joy's reaction, too, which made me laugh. Sunny'll get her before Joy will.

• Love 13

I was this close to setting the DVR, but, after reading this, I think not.  Does MM still have that annoying habit of cutting her eyes down and to the side instead of looking at who she is talking to?  Or is it to whom she is talking?  Anyway, I hate that about her, in addition to the rest.

• Love 2

You have all said it for me.  Meghan is unlikable, talks too much and speaks in some kind of code language that maybe they use over at Fox.  I was hoping for better because her father is vocal against Trump.  If she is talking about culture wars, then she should understand that the NFL stuff is a culture war started by Trump to pander to his base.

And, oh yes, she did say she was a Red State girl.  If only I knew what that meant.

She also admitted that she had to binge watch the View to prepare for her new job, but she had just said what an iconic show it is.  An iconic show that she apparently doesn't watch.

Her admiration for Bitsy is truly disturbing but tells me all I need to know.

Did she actually says that Whoopi called her after she left Fox to encourage her to do the show?  What was it, like two or three days later that Jed left, and we know she was fired.  So Whoopi called her over the weekend and then got Jed fired?  Who is going to buy that.  But what it does prove is that Whoopi must have been working on getting Meghan so that they could get rid of Jed.

• Love 14

I said a few weeks ago firing Blahblah was a mistake.  I didn't even finish today's show.  MM is the worst.  She's gonna "Bitsy" a lot of people - especially the folks who lived it the first time.  I know I'm one and I REFUSE to go through that again.

A swing and a miss "View" producers. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was screaming the same thing at the TV.  Tribal, come on.

@buffynut - Happy Thanksgiving from just across the boarder.

• Love 8

Damn Meghan, not even on the show for three minutes you're already on Joy's bad side, not good, girl. I rolled my eyes when she called Whoopi "First lady of The View" yeah, no. As others have pointed out, that's Barbara, and if not Barbara, it's Joy.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Still haven't forgiven WW for telling Meryl Streep to shut up after MS's Golden Globes appearance.

What did she say that made WW say shut up.  I assume that was on her show and not to her face.  Meryl probably said something political in her acceptance speech, right?  I vaguely remember that.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

@buffynut - Happy Thanksgiving from just across the boarder.

Thanks.  ?

32 minutes ago, bannana said:

Her admiration for Bitsy is truly disturbing but tells me all I need to know.

That disturbs me too. I hated EH long before the "split screen", but that was the last day I watched for good, for years. I only started watching again when RO came back, and have continued watching semi-regularly since.  But EH the 2nd could drive me away again.  I guess time will tell.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, geekburger said:

This one goes out to all those that said Jedi was the worst, had to go, etc etc. 

I still maintain that Jedifoxbot is the worst, and that Meghan is just like her. Doesn’t mean I’m regretting my happiness that that rabid hyena laughing is gone. Jed used to hide behind words as well, and she also kissed Whoopi’s ass.

• Love 14

What I can't understand is where the self-aware Meghan went.  I watched the show (documentary?)  where she travels around the country with a comedian and it was pretty good.  I thought she was the new face of the Republican party - strong woman who is for gay marriage and reproductive rights and is against the old boys party.........................

I thought the rising stars of the GOP could cross the aisle and get things done by bypassing the insanity of the GOP.  I guess I was wrong and she fell in line.  I guess we will just sit on the other side of the aisle shaking our heads per usual.

• Love 17

Yes to what everyone has said.  And OMG!  You go Sunny.  She nailed MM on her respect the flag bull shit.  I would love to see the military stand up and march in every state in defense of taking a knee.  

I do NOT want her to chronicle her "journey" dealing with her dad dying of cancer.  I went through it 3 times, many have.  She is not special. 

She would have walked out with Pence.  Hand me my rifle.  Jesus.  

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Meghan was just awful. I'm just going to assume her father pulled some strings to get her this gig. She's a woman in her 30's but speaks with the vocal affectations of a 13 year-old girl at the mall. She looked like she was dressed to go clubbing or something. Her "First Lady of the View" seemed like a big "Fuck You" to Joy. Then in discussing Mike Pence/national anthem protests she uses the always irrelevant "That's how I was raised/That's what I believe/It's "tribal"/I'm a red state girl" talking point. When Sunny reminded her that protesting was a constitutional right Meghan had nothing to say in response. Pathetic.

I thought she was incredibly rude to Joy, and as others have noted, Whoopi shares Joy views!

Re the NFL thing, one of the most interesting things I learned is that in the past the players were not even on the field when the anthem played.  This all came about as a way to promote the military at games.  Which I guess is why some people link the anthem to the military.

I wish they had instead focussed on the fact that this was a publicity stunt and fundraising ploy at taxpayers' expense.

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Will that choker chok-er?

I was so focused on her choker disappearing into her neck flesh I had to rewind because I missed what she said.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 14

The chemistry wasn’t there either but then again this is just day one! 

I am NOT here for another Whoopi “pet” like Lis who she refuses to truly engage with in an honest way.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 5