Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/9/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They need a conservative blonde.

That "conservative blonde" needs a top-notch hair colorist...one that won't allow her clients to have overbleached straw in the WRONG style.   Her look is anything but conservative...or classy.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Doesn’t mean I’m regretting my happiness that that rabid hyena laughing is gone. Jed used to hide behind words as well, and she also kissed Whoopi’s ass.

Much as I disliked Jedidiah, she is WAY smarter and more quick-witted than Megan, better educated (no matter that Megan graduated(?) from Columbia), better read, and more up on current events.  I think Jed's talking points were her own, where we will learn that Megan is getting a lot of help.   At least Megan doesn't have the talent to rat-tat-tat-tat the panel and us regularly.

Edited by Former Nun
Added "more," but just the word.
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She's not the first. And for her to make it all about her, her, her, was eye roll worthy. The ladies asked how her FATHER was doing, not her.

I wonder if that was just one of those things where he's not doing as well as hoped and they don't want to give out too much information, so she somewhat tried to steer the conversation in another direction. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is making false equivalencies.  Why do they always do that?  Obama was late in supporting marriage equality, it did not make him homophobic.  A simplistic way of  looking at a complex topic.  I was so happy that the movie star took a break for a commercial.  I am not impressed with her at all. Joy is holding back her tongue. 

Yeah, and comparing him and Hillary to Jefferson owning slaves is bizarre. Did Jefferson eventually free all his slaves like they eventually supported marriage equality? Then, no, those two things are not the same.

I could understand a point in that Whoopi bluster that I could agree with (that sometimes doing the right thing, ie choosing to fight against the harassment, has unfair consequences), but she's not the right messenger considering how she's done nothing but blame the victim in the past. Go Sunny for saying those exact words--Whoopi looked like she was about to burst. McCain was trying so hard during that harassment discussion. No matter how you spin it, some behind-the-scenes filmmaker most people don't recognize isn't on the same level as someone everybody's heard of like Bill O'Reilly. EDIT: Btw, I was talking about scope of the coverage they receive, which McCain was whining about, not about how bad the crime was because they are equally bad if true.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Catnip said:

So Whoopi is going to lecture women who have been sexually harassed? The same woman that defended Roman Polanski calling it "rape rape"...who defended Mel Gibson calling him a "nice guy"...who had to be lectured on national TV for her defense of Bill Cosby. Over 50 women accused Bill Cosby and she still defended him. Time and time again she's proven why it's difficult to stand-up against men in a position of power. 

And let's not forget her more recent dismissive attitude toward the women who were playboy "bunnies." She totally dismissed Steinhem's investigative piece on how the women were treated. Like it was something they WANTED and KNEW what they were getting into.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
who is not the same as were.
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Catnip said:

So Whoopi is going to lecture women who have been sexually harassed? The same woman that defended Roman Polanski calling it "rape rape"...who defended Mel Gibson calling him a "nice guy"...who had to be lectured on national TV for her defense of Bill Cosby. Over 50 women accused Bill Cosby and she still defended him. Time and time again she's proven why it's difficult to stand-up against men in a position of power. 

I don't know what whoopi may have or not have gone through.   BUT - many, many women, have been sexually harassed in the workplace and let it go, thinking of it as "locker room talk"  or flirting.  Many people of whoopi's  generation accepted a certain amount of sexual come-ons and behavior as just the way men talk to women.    The issue has always been that when the man doing the flirting/harassing/come-ons is in a position of power over the woman's job, it is harassment.   

And the other side of harassment is when women who submit to the sexual overtures of powerful men get jobs and promotions, while other women do not,  both groups of women are victims of harassment.  Including WHoopi, if she was passed over for a job because another woman agreed to have sex to get the job - Whoopi  could have been a victim of harassment, without even knowing it. 

Megan said that any statues of Barak Obama in the future should include a disclaimer saying he was late to  acknowledge gay marriage? 

Really?  his legacy should be reduced to that?  

• Love 13

Meghan thinks that Melania is doing a great job as first lady, and is elegant.  She thinks that Michelle Obama got a free pass from the media.  No one asked Meghan to explain that statement.  But we can see her agenda, which is to slam the Obamas and Hilary.  She cannot really defend the President, so she backs Pence and Melania.

I agree with Sunny that the convo was heading toward victim shaming.  For Meghan to say that she was not harassed because she is a strong or tough person, is absolutely victim shaming.  And Whoopi says that she was not harassed because she was not considered attractive (I think that is what she meant), but she still can speak for women who were and shouts her way through her point, that women do have power because they can extract themselves from the situation.  So ridiculous.  Yes, women should speak up, but if you are not in a position of power, you will be silenced or punished, as many have said here.

Meghan looked pretty silly trying to debate with Eric, because his point was crystal clear.  She had nowhere to go, but to say that all of her friends think it is disrespectful, even after he explained it a few times.  She has no capacity to listen and reason.  I think she just sees herself as the Republican.  Too bad the conversation didn't include the fact that Trump started this whole thing to further divide the country.  He is pandering to his base and creating the culture war.  Meghan hasn't said a thing about Trump yet, has she.

She also annoyed me when she talked over Joy, and when she snarked on Joy when Joy said she made a good point.

And just generally she is unlikable.  As someone said here, she has a sour look on her face.  She is not someone you would want to hang out with.

• Love 21

Excellent post banana.....couldn't agree more.

I also loved when Joy slapped MM down when she brought up Bill Clinton. Joy, indeed, did go after Bill for years. But Trump is potus now, not Bill, nor Obama and not Hillary. 

• Love 17

Ah, so with Meghan, we have another "but...Obama," "but...Bill Clinton," "But, HILLARY!!" to pivot and deflect when she doesn't have facts to back up her opinion. Just like Paula. Color me not surprised if next we hear is "EMAILS! PRIVATE SERVER! NATIONAL SECURITY! BENGHAZI!"

• Love 19

Really didn’t like the way Whoopi and Megan made it seem like you weren’t strong if you were sexually harassed.   My first job at 16 a boss gave us clipboard which was confusing since i worked in a shoe store.  Boss said it was to hold in front of my chest when district manager came in.   Years later a family member had a great job at the airport when a boss kept making sexual jokes and asking for favors.   She did report him.  She was suspended without pay during the investigation.  He was allowed to keep working.  Then when investigation was over relative was transferred to an different airport two hours away.  Neither one of us is weak. 

Enjoyed the football player interview.  They really taking the narrative away.  

Megan interrupted Whoopi excellent point (made by joy in a different show) that why is insulting a gold star family or saying you prefer people who not captured disrespect towards the military? 

• Love 10

I'm not going to waste any more time on the sexual harassment discussion, except to say Whoopi and Meghan are victim blaming assholes. Also, Meghan. Joy's point that you were not harassed because of your father went right over your head when you smugly replied "I'm a tough chick". First of all, you would not have a job at Fox or the View without your father. Secondly, it's not about being tough. It's about you being the daughter of a famous, powerful politician which gives you power that your other female co-workers don't all have. Idiot.

I know we're talking about sexual harassment and all...but Eric Reid. Damn. *Fans self*

• Love 22

I agree with Sunny that the convo was heading toward victim shaming.  For Meghan to say that she was not harassed because she is a strong or tough person, is absolutely victim shaming.  And Whoopi says that she was not harassed because she was not considered attractive (I think that is what she meant), but she still can speak for women who were and shouts her way through her point, that women do have power because they can extract themselves from the situation.  So ridiculous.  Yes, women should speak up, but if you are not in

Whoopi has reported being an elementary school dropout,teen Mom, drug addicted and living in poverty.  I think she has convinience-amnesia if she cannot recall ever being sexually harassed or victimized. She really likes to recreate her own history. Sorry Whoops, I know you love your mother and enjoy recreating your past, however,  young women who were raised to believe they were powerful women don’t end up with the baggage you have. This is in no way blaming her mother for her poor life choices, but damn it!  Don’t you pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining yellow ! 

I consider myself to be a smart, confident, well educated woman.  A baby boomer.  And I was sexually harassed in the workplace and in academic settings (while in high school, undergrad and graduate school!). It was awful, it was demeaning and demoralizing.  Of course it was all about power and control. The men had all of both. 

I’ve had this conversation with peers recently...it’s interesting how many smart women my age still think it had/has to do with looks. One of my closest friends acknowledged that had she been harassed she would have thought it meant she was attractive.  When I explained how upset I was about the unwanted comments and how I felt he was making them to me because I was a secretary, he would not have made them to one of his co-worker’s wives, she said she wondered what made me so smart at such a young age.   So Whoopi, I don’t believe you for a minute!

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Years later a family member had a great job at the airport when a boss kept making sexual jokes and asking for favors.   She did report him.  She was suspended without pay during the investigation.  He was allowed to keep working.  Then when investigation was over relative was transferred to an different airport two hours away.  Neither one of us is weak. 

I wish Whoopi and Megan could open their eyes, ears, and BRAINS to know this is the most common outcome!  

• Love 16
17 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm baffled that so many feel the need to genuflect to Whoopi. What is her appeal? I honestly don't get it. She sucks at this job. She's a bully. Is there something that goes on behind the scenes that we're not privy to or is it based on her reputation as an EGOT?

Today she bragged that she had "power" and wasn't cute back in the day when Megan asked her if she had any problems with executives. I guess her "power" is that the ABC executives obviously think highly of her. The hell with what the viewers think.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Remember that she's the one who said Trump and Clinton were equally bad and that 2016 was "a garbage election." And this is AFTER Trump insulted her father's military service and time as a tortured prisoner of war. I have the feeling her opinions are not deeply held and change depending on the day and who she's being paid to be.

Exactly.  She had disavowed the Republican party and was a registered Independent until her father's last go at running for president.  Then her schtick became being a woman with large breasts, loves sex, and is a Republican!!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is making false equivalencies.  Why do they always do that?  Obama was late in supporting marriage equality, it did not make him homophobic.  A simplistic way of  looking at a complex topic.  I was so happy that the movie star took a break for a commercial.  I am not impressed with her at all. Joy is holding back her tongue. 

It seems to me that they're actually holding back on talking over her, like they do with each other.  I hope that changes.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Should I assume that Megan won't mention the education, experience, and success of her mother, Cindy Hensley McCain.   Wikipedia sez this (and barely touches on her affair with the married McCain):  

Cindy Lou Hensley McCain (born May 20, 1954) is an American businesswoman, philanthropist, and humanitarian, and the wife of long-time United States Senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain of Arizona.  She was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, as the daughter of wealthy beer distributor Jim Hensley. After receiving bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Southern California, she became a special education teacher. She married John McCain in 1980 and the couple moved to Arizona in 1981, where her husband would be elected to the United States Congress the following year and has been in office since then. The couple had three children together, in addition to adopting another. From 1988 to 1995, she founded and operated a nonprofit organization, the American Voluntary Medical Team, which organized trips by medical personnel to disaster-stricken or war-torn third-world areas. During this time, she became addicted to painkillers for several years and resorted to having a physician write illegal prescriptions on her behalf. She reached an agreement with the government in which no charges were filed against her.

Upon her father's death in 2000, she inherited majority control and became chair of Hensley & Co., one of the largest Anheuser-Busch beer distributors in the United States. She participated in both of her husband's presidential campaigns and, in 2008, drew both positive and negative scrutiny for her appearance, demeanor, wealth, spending habits, and financial obligations. 

It's probably wise to not talk too much about her mother.  When McCain came back from being a POW, he cheated like crazy on his wife (who, like him, was suffering the debilitating effects of an injury), and he was blatantly dating little trust fund baby while still married to the wife who stood by him for years.  Also, they try not to talk too much about Cindy's drug addiction, coercing her doctor into writing her prescriptions under three innocent people's names, the fact that she stole narcotics from her own charity (and fired the man who turned her in to the DEA), and John hired the Keating 5 attorney to make a deal with the attorney general to get Cindy out of trouble.  Another interesting fact - out of John's original three children, Cindy has only added one to her very wealthy lifestyle.  None of John's original three attended his second wedding out of loyalty to their mother.

ETA:  I won't get into Cindy's attacks on both Barack and Michelle during the election.

Edited by RedheadZombie
the Obamas
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, buffynut said:

And on this show she's being paid to take the opposite side of the majority at the table, like all the "conservatives" before her. I wish instead of hiring "persona's" they'd just hire women and let them be themselves.

I just watched the clip. Jason reminds me so much of his father. I loved John Ritter, and was so sad when he died, especially since his career was just getting revitalized with "8 Simple Rules". I first saw Jason Ritter when he was on "Joan of Arcadia".  I saw a bit of his new show, and it seems to be based on the same sort of premise. 

I wish they would hire a Republican without the taint of Fox News.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Whoopi and Megan say they were never sexually harassed in the workplace.   and they attribute it to standing up for themselves.  Megan says nobody harassed her because she's a "tough chick."   No, honey, take it from a tough chick from Chicago -  you have a famous, powerful father.  that's the reason. 

the worst sexual harassment I received was at a catholic hospital where I worked the night shift.   A department head pursued me and wouldn't take no for an answer.   He was relentless.  I told him to stop, it continued.  I ignored him, it got worse.  There were no policies for reporting such things.  I went to my manager for help, she told me that the harasser was a "nice guy"  and I should date him.  I was a 19 year college student, he was a 50+ year old head of the security department.  Yeah, security.  He knew where I was every minute of my shift, stalked me throughout the day.  Other people treated it as a big joke.  I still remember how helpless I felt.  As time went on, it was no longer about wanting to date me, it was about humiliating me because I rejected him. 

According to Whoopi, I should have stood up to him (I did, nothing changed)  or quit the job that allowed me to live in an apartment and go to college. 

Plus Meghan's the trust fund baby of a trust fund baby.  She could easily walk away from any job and know she's still a millionaire.  She is beyond clueless, just like her mother.  

• Love 20

It's been, what - two days of MM?  Feels like two years.  She really has a warped view of herself and her own "importance".  Tough chick, my ass.  Entitled pompous heiress-in-waiting is more like it.  I may have to delete The View from auto-DVR.  In two days that narcissistic bitch has ruined the show for me.  I didn't even mind Jedi.  I disagreed with most of what she said but she seemed like she might be fun to hang out with.  She came across more like 'regular folk' with differing political views from mine.  McCain is just loathesome, and man, when she starts talking she goes on and on and on and on..........  I'm getting bad vibes between her and Joy and hopefully Joy will just unload on her. 

Please let MM's tenure be brief.  Very brief.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Today she bragged that she had "power" and wasn't cute back in the day when Megan asked her if she had any problems with executives. I guess her "power" is that the ABC executives obviously think highly of her. The hell with what the viewers think.

Well according to her and the man himself, she probably thought no one would DARE harass her as she had the support and backing of Steven Spielberg. And Mike Nichols, etc.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I didn't even mind Jedi.  I disagreed with most of what she said but she seemed like she might be fun to hang out with. 

Same here (although I've been jumped on for saying that I didn't mind her) and she had better hair & clothes. 

23 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

It's been, what - two days of MM?  Feels like two years.  She really has a warped view of herself and her own "importance".  Tough chick, my ass. 

Yeah, tough chick with influential daddy.  How did she get her start as a pundit?  Her name?  Gosh, there must be Republicans with common sense, who are able to put across opinions in an articulate manner.  She needs a stylist who can do something with the hair and oversized boobs.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Also, they try not to talk too much about Cindy's drug addiction, coercing her doctor into writing her prescriptions under three innocent people's names, the fact that she stole narcotics from her own charity (and fired the man who turned her in to the DEA), and John hired the Keating 5 attorney to make a deal with the attorney general to get Cindy out of trouble. 

...and the "music goes 'round and 'round."  (Reuters) - President Donald Trump has added a veteran Washington lawyer to the team representing him in the investigations of possible collusion by the Trump campaign with Russia, including the criminal probe being led by special counsel Robert Mueller.  John Dowd, who has represented key figures in a variety white-collar criminal matters and investigations, has joined the president’s defense team led by New York lawyer Marc Kasowitz, Mark Corallo, a spokesman for the team, said on Friday...Dowd, 76, represented U.S. Senator John McCain on congressional ethics charges in the “Keating Five” banking scandal in the late 1980s and early 1990s. McCain was cleared in the matter.  (John and John are probably still rubbing elbows.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

The way Meghan questioned Eric reminded me of the way Jed treated Hillary.

It was tinged with how dare you complain, you are ungrateful. When you're blessed with money and accolades. Remember, ungrateful, is the new word for uppity, to describe Black men who dare challenge systemic racism. Uppity negros were always put in their place one way or the other. Kaepernick was put in his place, by getting blackballed.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21

Whoopi has this annoying thing she does where if something didn't happen to her, then that means the victims crying about it are just crying about it. I really wish Sunny had more time to talk, because she made valid points. Sara chimed in to explaining what she had to do in an environment like that. Whoopi may not have faced sexual assault or harassment, but it isn't because she's a tough chick, it's because she's been lucky.

She can talk so passionately about taxes and how the rich have to pay so much, but anyone who isn't at her level is simply not trying enough.

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, useryikes said:

She needs a stylist who can do something with the hair and oversized boobs.

You don't appreciate a big black brassiere (in honor of Joy) under mostly white horizontal stripes?

(Disclaimer: my black brassiere is big...as are the white and nude ones)

• Love 9

As an 18-yr.-old Civil Servant working at R.C.M.P. Headquarters in Ottawa, I had to deal with what they now call harassment on a DAILY basis.  I used the same method as Sarah ... silly bugger, didn't understand what they were saying &/or pretending they were joking.  There were older women in the same office who just ignored it & never said anything to me when it happened, so I just figured that was "acceptable" behavior.  I transferred to another department of the RCMP, working for other officers, but never had a problem with them.

P.S. -- My BEST bosses were WOMEN!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

As an 18-yr.-old Civil Servant working at R.C.M.P. Headquarters in Ottawa, I had to deal with what they now call harassment on a DAILY basis.

The women in the Musical Ride had to endure a lot of harassment, also.  I don't remember if their cases were settled.

32 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

P.S. -- My BEST bosses were WOMEN!!!

Hoo boy, I've seem some very nasty behaviour by women bosses.  Not sexual, but rude, demeaning, snide bullying as noted by Former Nun above.  I know someone who reported it, nothing ever came of the complaint & she was laid off eventually due to "lack of work" - hah!  This was in more than one place and just in the last 25 years.  I must say I have never had a problem with male bosses.  Mostly. they wanted you to do your work and not bother them.

57 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

(Disclaimer: my black brassiere is big...as are the white and nude ones)

Yeah, well I'm not exactly a petite, but I try and avoid the skin-tight look.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, useryikes said:

Same here (although I've been jumped on for saying that I didn't mind her) and she had better hair & clothes. 

Yeah, tough chick with influential daddy.  How did she get her start as a pundit?  Her name?  Gosh, there must be Republicans with common sense, who are able to put across opinions in an articulate manner.  She needs a stylist who can do something with the hair and oversized boobs.

Yup.  And she needs a super pissed off Joy to do something about that oversized ego.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well according to her and the man himself, she probably thought no one would DARE harass her as she had the support and backing of Steven Spielberg. And Mike Nichols, etc.

So Whoopi says she STARTED her career as a tough, powerful black woman who nobody dared mess with?  Before she was an actress?

• Love 7

I forgot to mention this earlier.  When Meghan said she was not harassed at Fox because she is a tough chick, or whatever she said, it reminded me of when Trump Jr. said that about Ivanka, something like, she knows how to handle it so she doesn't get harassed.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, backformore said:

So Whoopi says she STARTED her career as a tough, powerful black woman who nobody dared mess with?  Before she was an actress?

To hear her say it, as well as Spielberg, she was SO AWESOME and everyone wanted her talent, that with such big players behind her, no one would even THINK to try and take advantage. Plus her being so tough and always in a position to walk away should the likes of Weinstein do anything, of course.????

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, backformore said:

I thought when Meghan asked Whoopi if she ever experienced any harassment, Whoopi said something implying that because she was black, and not considered cute, she wasn't the harassing producers' type. I think it was further on in the discussion that she started going on about women being tough and walking away. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

Meghan McCain. No. A thousand times no. I couldn't even make myself watch her 2nd day. She sucks at conversation, sounds brainwashed, and has resting bitch face.  My only joy was seeing her sitting uncomfortably w/ a side view of her preposterous body shape and hair color/style.

And what's w/ her wearing a tight short necklace around her fat neck? The in-house stylist probably hates her, too.

• Love 15

Oh like HELL you weren’t blaming those victims who tolerated the harassment because they had no choice, Whoopi! You can just STFU, with your smug superiority. Most times there isn’t “a better gig” just waiting to be snapped up. ???????

And Meghan? You can also shut up. Jessica Chastain didn’t break through as an actress until she was 30. She doesn’t have a shelf of Oscars, nor is she a power player. For all we know, it took her that long to make it because she wouldn’t play the game. 

Talk about tone deaf. Like her mother would pop McCain’s first wife if she had something? When her mom was the other woman her father was committing adultery with? 

I can’t with all the “but Obama and Hillary” as a straw man justification for keeping the monuments up. Let’s just ignore how Lee didn’t WANT any monuments of himself; that the whole putting up said monuments came DECADES later. And unlike President Obama and Secretary Clinton, all these Confederate “heroes” remained their racist selves to their dying day. So just GTFO!

Okay, I need a fucking drink. ???

And Eric was oh so polite. And I’m so suuure that poll she cited was from her old network. And yes, her walking away would make her part of contributing to the systemic oppression.

Was she trying to pass herself off as some SERIOUS JOURNALIST with her holding and waving that pen in her hand?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

To hear her say it, as well as Spielberg, she was SO AWESOME and everyone wanted her talent, that with such big players behind her, no one would even THINK to try and take advantage. Plus her being so tough and always in a position to walk away should the likes of Weinstein do anything, of course.????

Whoopi wasn't saying that all. In fact, she was being rarely self deprecating.  She is known for a lot of things but her looks were never part of the equation. And in fact, there was a long period of time where Whoopi was one of the only prominent black actresses and she was openly mocked by high profile actors/comedians for being ugly.

I think Whoopi was trying to say that- a lot of those creepy guys didn't find her attractive- and therefore she didn't have those problems.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Whoopi wasn't saying that all. In fact, she was being rarely self deprecating.  She is known for a lot of things but her looks were never part of the equation. And in fact, there was a long period of time where Whoopi was one of the only prominent black actresses and she was openly mocked by high profile actors/comedians for being ugly.

I think Whoopi was trying to say that- a lot of those creepy guys didn't find her attractive- and therefore she didn't have those problems.

I’m sorry, I wasn’t clear-this is what she has said in the past, not on today’s show.

• Love 3

The more I think about I can't stand MM - she was so obtuse when it came to Eric but had no problem with Trump bashing her own father for getting caught. Or going after Gold Star families. At the least she could balance out her thoughts but chooses not to.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m sorry, I wasn’t clear-this is what she has said in the past, not on today’s show.

I just wanted to add to the discussion. All you hear about is Whoopi's acting career. But before that she had a strong career for many years as a comedian. She was like the only top black female comedian until she transitioned to movies. What I loved about W's stand up is that she didnt just rattle off jokes.  She told stories, made different characters and would tell that characters life story very humorously so never a downer but serious issues.  And it always came back to the issues of the time.  I remember whenever she had a new HBO special (remember when HBO had those hah) anyway I always had to sleepover because we didnt have hbo.  But her shows never were bummers I would laugh and cry through the whole ride.  Anyway I just wanted to point out her pre-movies also just as awesome comedy career.  Goodnight hhah

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I just wanted to add to the discussion. All you hear about is Whoopi's acting career. But before that she had a strong career for many years as a comedian. She was like the only top black female comedian until she transitioned to movies. What I loved about W's stand up is that she didnt just rattle off jokes.  She told stories, made different characters and would tell that characters life story very humorously so never a downer but serious issues.  And it always came back to the issues of the time.  I remember whenever she had a new HBO special (remember when HBO had those hah) anyway I always had to sleepover because we didnt have hbo.  But her shows never were bummers I would laugh and cry through the whole ride.  Anyway I just wanted to point out her pre-movies also just as awesome comedy career.  Goodnight hhah

You're right!!!  Thanks for reminding us!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Oh, she is going to have a tough ride if she reacts to stuff like this.

The other thing I just recalled is that she said something to Eric about if she walked out, that would be her protest and isn't she entitled to do that.  He said yes, but: You are not the Vice President, and then had to explain how the VPs preplanned conscious decision to walk out contributes to systemic oppression.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, bannana said:

The other thing I just recalled is that she said something to Eric about if she walked out, that would be her protest and isn't she entitled to do that.  He said yes, but: You are not the Vice President, and then had to explain how the VPs preplanned conscious decision to walk out contributes to systemic oppression.

Actually she asked him would he accuse her of systemic oppression if she had walked off like Pestilence, and Eric said no because she wasn’t the Vice President and didn’t have any power-as he does because of the office he holds. So for him to do what he did-he used his power to oppress. Then she attacks him for not being patriotic and he has to school her about how his mother serves, has family who have served.

So this self-proclaimed “Tough Chick” has hurt fee-fees? Expect to take it if you’re going to spout what you’ve learned instead of thinking critically and making false equivalencies, and straw men arguments.

• Love 15