Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/9/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actually she asked him would he accuse her of systemic oppression if she had walked off like Pestilence, and Eric said no because she wasn’t the Vice President and didn’t have any power-as he does because of the office he holds. So for him to do what he did-he used his power to oppress. Then she attacks him for not being patriotic and he has to school her about how his mother serves, has family who have served.

So this self-proclaimed “Tough Chick” has hurt fee-fees? Expect to take it if you’re going to spout what you’ve learned instead of thinking critically and making false equivalencies, and straw men arguments.

You are right, @GHScorpiosRule.  And I found this where they actually have the quotes, plus Meghan isn't going to like this headline either.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/10/10/meghan-mccain-attempts-to-defend-nfl-owners-on-the-view-but-gets-humiliated-in-5-seconds/

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

You are right, @GHScorpiosRule.  And I found this where they actually have the quotes, plus Meghan isn't going to like this headline either.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/10/10/meghan-mccain-attempts-to-defend-nfl-owners-on-the-view-but-gets-humiliated-in-5-seconds/

I only remembered because I had just watched it and smoke was coming out of my ears at her gall and being snarky. Then I was all: OH SNAP!!!!! at how Eric responded.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Yikers......I just read MM's bio on Wiki. Good grief!

Thx for reminding me that I need to check out Wiki-feet. Not because of a fetish, i just never knew such a thing existed. Loved (hated) how they were all trying to one-up each other in regards to cute feet.

Sarah: "a man once wrote me asking for a picture of my feet."

I bet she obliged. 

The badly-spliced-in Opening Credit for MM is pretty hideous too.   I realize that it's green-screened, but surely there was a better option than awkward waving to the camera as the camera gets way too close. Made me actually miss Jed's Whirling Diva Dance.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It seems to me that they're actually holding back on talking over her, like they do with each other.  I hope that changes.

So you would prefer talking over each other to polite discourse where everyone is allowed to voice their opinion?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

The more I think about I can't stand MM - she was so obtuse when it came to Eric but had no problem with Trump bashing her own father for getting caught. Or going after Gold Star families. At the least she could balance out her thoughts but chooses not to.

When did she say that she had no problem with Trump bashing her own father? I must have missed that.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Tammee said:

I just wanted to add to the discussion. All you hear about is Whoopi's acting career. But before that she had a strong career for many years as a comedian. She was like the only top black female comedian until she transitioned to movies. What I loved about W's stand up is that she didnt just rattle off jokes.  She told stories, made different characters and would tell that characters life story very humorously so never a downer but serious issues.  And it always came back to the issues of the time.  I remember whenever she had a new HBO special (remember when HBO had those hah) anyway I always had to sleepover because we didnt have hbo.  But her shows never were bummers I would laugh and cry through the whole ride.  Anyway I just wanted to point out her pre-movies also just as awesome comedy career.  Goodnight hhah

Yes, yes, yes, Tammee!  

I remember Whoopi's comedy specials and skits,  too.  She was riveting and poignant. She helped me, as a white person, understand more about Black people, in a touching, sensitive way, starting with humor and ending with,  Oh WOW moments of insight. Thanks for reminding us.

Whoopee used to put a silky short white skirt on her head and do her Valley girl voice....but it was new and funny back then.  Then she would talk about growing up as a Black child. There was a sweet vulnerability about her that made you want to hug her. 

She also was bookended with the awesome Robin Williams and Billy Crystal--both comic geniuses who also were just nice guys. Robin also had that sweet vulnerability, in addition to his crazy smart lines, and crackling energy. Billy came across as a supremely decent, smart guy that you could trust.  

They were the BEST of those times.  

Maybe Whoopee needs more reminders of who she used to be in order to take off the know-it-all mantel and be a real human again,  instead of an egotistical EGOT.  We got it, You're a real star now.

We d like to see  the human side more often, other than when fellow celebrities (NOT including MM  here), suck up to you.  You can be strong and sensitive at the same time.  

• Love 10

I am very much aware of Whoopi's talent as a comedienne and her many, many shows for charity (AIDS, homelessness) she did with her two best pals, Billy Crystal and Robin Williams. I know she wasn't just an actress. She was actually a good host on her own short-lived talk show.  But the love I had for her as a comic and actress have long since faded with the sheer arrogance, bully-behavior and ignorance she has revealed of her true self. Because she has to have the last and final word, and must be given obeisance and considered the expert on ALL things, even subjects she knows jack shit about. I still remember Dan Abrams had to come on and step by step, explain to her why Cosby was being charged, and why so many women didn't come forward. And yet, with the recent land fall of the Weinstein scandal, she's back to blaming the victims for either, taking a payout and signing NDAs or sticking because they had no choice, but according to Her Majesty, "EVERYONE" has a choice and they have to live with the decisions they make.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I still remember Dan Abrams had to come on and step by step, explain to her why Cosby was being charged, and why so many women didn't come forward.

One of the highlights of The View's history.  I'll never forget Dan's shocked look as he explained the terribly complex idea of 'statute of limitations' to Ms. Goldberg.

Edited by sugarbaker design
because there's no such thing as statue of limitations!
  • Love 11

Whoopi to Meghan: "I have a few books for you to read." Meghan made a face.

Dang, she made her point at least three times. I liked Sunny's - "You're not the only one ..."

Meghan is uber annoying. Looking for "sparks."

Edited by Jeanius
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

OH please, I'd take TEN Whoopis, Four Jedis and a couple Paulas over this bleached blond idiot.

I'd even throw in the occasional other blond idiot, Bitsy.  While I abhorred every word she uttered, I didn't look at her on my teevee with squinty-eyed frowny hate.  But I just loathe MM.  There is not one - not one - likeable quality about her.

• Love 8

MM came across like a whiny spoiled rich brat for most of today's show. She's going to remind us that she formerly worked at F News at least once everyday it looks like. Doesn't she realize that she wouldn't be picked on there because that network is aimed at one side's views? She's lucky that she felt safe there because it's a fact that most women weren't safe there at all. 

• Love 12

I like Van Jones, but I have to call bullshit on anyone who spews the whole "Democrats ignored economic concerns/the white middle-class" lie. That just enables people like Meghan to further a false narrative to cover up the unsavory reasons Trump is in office--which are also the same reasons that the country is as divided as it is, if that's why he's writing a book. That degree of division doesn't happen just because one party loses an election.

• Love 20

I quite like Meghan, that's all I'm going to say :) I turned in Monday to see what she was like 

I only watch Friday( no whoopi) I would never tune in to see Van Jones, even on a Friday ( shudder)

16 minutes ago, Jaded said:

MM came across like a whiny spoiled rich brat for most of today's show. She's going to remind us that she formerly worked at F News at least once everyday it looks like. Doesn't she realize that she wouldn't be picked on there because that network is aimed at one side's views? She's lucky that she felt safe there because it's a fact that most women weren't safe there at all. 

No, because she knows CNN is the flip side of Fox News..

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bluemosaic said:

I call bullshit on Whoopi's call for women to stand in solidarity with women who are victims of sexual harassment and assault at work. Where was her support for the victims of sexual assault and rape by Bill Cosby?? None to be heard or seen, that's where it was. It wasn't until she faced a public backlash that she felt compelled to come out against Bill Cosby; otherwise, it was just skepticism and equivocation on Whoopi's part. Remember when everybody at the View table wouldn't take a supporting stand for the Cosby victims, except for Rosie?? The wrong person left The View. Whoopi needs to go. She has 0 credibility, yet she constantly postulates herself as the authority and final say on all topics, and frequently cuts people off and bullies people into supporting her opinions. She disgusts me.

At least she spared us, "we don't know cuz we weren't there" response. 

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, bluemosaic said:

I call bullshit on Whoopi's call for women to stand in solidarity with women who are victims of sexual harassment and assault at work.

You mean to tell me that WG didn't ask why HW isn't in jail if he assaulted women?  The happiest person must be Dan Abrams, he doesn't have to come on and explain things anymore!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

Yes, yes, yes, Tammee!  

I remember Whoopi's comedy specials and skits,  too.  She was riveting and poignant. She helped me, as a white person, understand more about Black people, in a touching, sensitive way, starting with humor and ending with,  Oh WOW moments of insight. Thanks for reminding us.

Whoopee used to put a silky short white skirt on her head and do her Valley girl voice....but it was new and funny back then.  Then she would talk about growing up as a Black child. There was a sweet vulnerability about her that made you want to hug her. 

She also was bookended with the awesome Robin Williams and Billy Crystal--both comic geniuses who also were just nice guys. Robin also had that sweet vulnerability, in addition to his crazy smart lines, and crackling energy. Billy came across as a supremely decent, smart guy that you could trust.  

They were the BEST of those times.  

Maybe Whoopee needs more reminders of who she used to be in order to take off the know-it-all mantel and be a real human again,  instead of an egotistical EGOT.  We got it, You're a real star now.

We d like to see  the human side more often, other than when fellow celebrities (NOT including MM  here), suck up to you.  You can be strong and sensitive at the same time.  

Well put Tosia and Scorp,  I don't disagree.  Who hasn't ever worked with someone who's stories were always that much better then yours, etc.  I confess to even being that person at times.  Maybe during feelings of inadequacies.  Wow I think thats a breakthrough!  My therapist would be so happy haha jk.

Seriously though I think its the phase between onset adulthood and senior (ness)? That blessed place when you just dont give a F anymore

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

One of the highlights of The View's history.  I'll never forget Dan's shocked look as he explained the terribly complex idea of 'statute of limitations' to Ms. Goldberg.

Omg thats hysterical!  And she wasn't just playing dumb?  That's crazy. Everybody knows about that..its the first thing you ask or check. Crazy.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh honey, she wasn't playing.  Here's the clip of that fabulous meeting of the minds.

Thanks so much for that link, that was fast :) ! I'm glad it was the whole conversation too so you could gauge the context.  Ok hears my take (hah pun) on it, just my opinion but I will take the lashing later hee :)  I didn't get that at all, and I didn't hear her ask anything like that.  I heard her ask him to explain the law and how it works and why.  That's why she emphasized several times 'after arrest'.  I just saw her getting a picture from Dan and asking questions for the viewer.  Shrug no harm no foul.

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Picked on?  Picked on???  Typical whiny trust fund baby.

The hell you say :P hah

• Love 1

I'd even throw in the occasional other blond idiot, Bitsy.  While I abhorred every word she uttered, I didn't look at her on my teevee with squinty-eyed frowny hate.  But I just loathe MM.  There is not one - not one - likeable quality about her.

Ewwww not me, too sanctimonious.  Two wrongs does not a Jedi make :)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

The badly-spliced-in Opening Credit for MM is pretty hideous too.   I realize that it's green-screened, but surely there was a better option than awkward waving to the camera as the camera gets way too close. Made me actually miss Jed's Whirling Diva Dance.

Heh I noticed that too.  Like they rushed it, not much thought or effort went into that.  Even the announcers voice inflection changes when getting to her name.  This was not a good match methinks.  Maybe y not long for this job.  Dont they have a test part and sit with the panel for a week of fake shows to see how it all jells of if it wont.  Co-hosts will give honest opinions..cz this revolving door sux.  I just want to stay at 4.  And an occasional guy for flavor woo  hee

• Love 1
6 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

So you would prefer talking over each other to polite discourse where everyone is allowed to voice their opinion?

Why should she be the only one getting that privilege?

But I am SO done with Meghan McCain already.  I dislike her more than I ever disliked Jedediah.  Poor little conservative girl, so discriminated against.

2 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I quite like Meghan, that's all I'm going to say :) I turned in Monday to see what she was like 

I only watch Friday( no whoopi) I would never tune in to see Van Jones, even on a Friday ( shudder)

No, because she knows CNN is the flip side of Fox News..

That is SO not true.

• Love 14

What? What about how she keeps throwing out at every opportunity to prove she's so much better than Obama and Hillary was for gay rights from DAY ONE? [insert sarcasm]

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I like Van Jones, but I have to call bullshit on anyone who spews the whole "Democrats ignored economic concerns/the white middle-class" lie. That just enables people like Meghan to further a false narrative to cover up the unsavory reasons Trump is in office--which are also the same reasons that the country is as divided as it is, if that's why he's writing a book. That degree of division doesn't happen just because one party loses an election.

That's because he supported Bernie. Don't get me wrong, I like him; I love it when he shuts down bullshit fuckery with batshits on CNN. But the bolded is the mantra that I have found, that those who supported Bernie keep putting out.

23 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Thanks so much for that link, that was fast :) ! I'm glad it was the whole conversation too so you could gauge the context.  Ok hears my take (hah pun) on it, just my opinion but I will take the lashing later hee :)  I didn't get that at all, and I didn't hear her ask anything like that.  I heard her ask him to explain the law and how it works and why.  That's why she emphasized several times 'after arrest'.  I just saw her getting a picture from Dan and asking questions for the viewer.  Shrug no harm no foul.

The hell you say :P hah

And therein (the bolded part) lies her biggest hypocrisy/arrogance.  At all other times, she pontificates how she knows everything about EVERYTHING, even the Law, which she knows jack shit about, to the point where she's fucking arguing with Sunny, who does know a thing about the law. And yet, when Dan Abrams came on the show, and calmly 'splained to her about the statute of limitations, she's all like "I don't know the law, and ohhhhhhhh" nonsense.

• Love 17

You know there's something on that HW audio clip that just chills.  When HW said he word swear on his childrens lives.  It just make shudder everytime.  If that isn't evil I don't know what is.  At least so far all of the women are overage.  (Hadn't heard otherwise) and that he hadn't gone for little kids

• Love 1

Maybe MM is just nervous still? She doesn’t seem to be enjoying this Gig at all. At least Jedi, you know, laughed and seemed to enjoy the sparring.

I do enjoy that MM seems to ask the panelists to follow up on things. Sparks indeed. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What? What about how she keeps throwing out at every opportunity to prove she's so much better than Obama and Hillary was for gay rights from DAY ONE? [insert sarcasm]

And then she had the gall to say that everyone would be just as rabid with Pence, too, so it proves that they just hate conservatives and not Trump specifically. All I could think is why didn't one of the other ladies say, no shit Sherlock, Pence is a part of the Trump administration and chose to be associated with him; if the public despise one, they will despise the other. And she made it sound like Pence is a normal Republican that was unobjectionable a day after she pretended to be on the LGBT bandwagon even before Hillary/Obama. He would be worse for LGBT than Trump. Just a lying snake all around, but that's to be expected.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Maybe MM is just nervous still? She doesn’t seem to be enjoying this Gig at all. At least Jedi, you know, laughed and seemed to enjoy the sparring.

I don't know why. As Whoopi said in her welcome to the show spiel, she's been a regular guest host, discussing Hot Topics over the years. This isn't her first rodeo on this show.

• Love 5

I'm really enjoying watching the complicated dance that MM does -- carefully defending being a Republican and conservative (and lamenting how oppressed she is by being both) -- yet not defending Trump, about whom she is on record as loathing. Good times, good times.

Also enjoyed her tiptoeing around Sen. Corker finally speaking his mind because he has no more elections to run and is "free" to finally speak his truths. Sound like anyone else you may have heard of, Ms. McCain?

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, Tammee said:

I just wanted to add to the discussion. All you hear about is Whoopi's acting career. But before that she had a strong career for many years as a comedian. She was like the only top black female comedian until she transitioned to movies. What I loved about W's stand up is that she didnt just rattle off jokes.  She told stories, made different characters and would tell that characters life story very humorously so never a downer but serious issues.  And it always came back to the issues of the time.  I remember whenever she had a new HBO special (remember when HBO had those hah) anyway I always had to sleepover because we didnt have hbo.  But her shows never were bummers I would laugh and cry through the whole ride.  Anyway I just wanted to point out her pre-movies also just as awesome comedy career.  Goodnight hhah

100 likes.  She is a talented woman.  Her one woman Broadway show was phenomenal.  It is probably available online.  

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why should she be the only one getting that privilege?

But I am SO done with Meghan McCain already.  I dislike her more than I ever disliked Jedediah.  Poor little conservative girl, so discriminated against.

That is SO not true.

No, okay. You have your opinion, I'll stick with mine...

I still don't mind MM..( shrug) 

16 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I do enjoy that MM seems to ask the panelists to follow up on things. Sparks indeed. 

Yes, me too! Otherwise it's 4 people agreeing non stop.zzzzzzx

19 minutes ago, Tammee said:

You know there's something on that HW audio clip that just chills.  When HW said he word swear on his childrens lives.  It just make shudder everytime.  If that isn't evil I don't know what is.  At least so far all of the women are overage.  (Hadn't heard otherwise) and that he hadn't gone for little kids

He should be in jail, he's a pervert. Cosby 2.0. 

• Love 1

I dislike MM quite a lot. I remember (years ago) when she and her friends were stopped or turned away from a club and she was overheard saying to her group, 'Don't they know who I am?' and that did it for me. She has not changed - she is still self-centred. 

She does seem quite nervous. I think it will take a while for her to settle, if ever. She seems quite high-strung.

• Love 7

I hate to pile on Meghan McCain, but for someone who has been on TV quite a lot, she seems really ill at ease. She looks up a lot, possibly to a monitor to see how she looks, and she refers to her notes a lot. It may be a challenge to be a conservative on this show, but then she shouldn't call herself a "tough chick" and then whine about everyone ganging up on conservatives. (Wah, wah, it was so hard living in L.A.  as a rich, conservative blond woman.) I predict that she won't last long on this show. I wish they could have enticed Ana Navarro to come on. SHE is a tough conservative chick, who is smart to boot.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 20

Can I just add my two cents in about why I HATE MM...it's her ugly  "resting bitch face", it's a term that we have used down south for a million years, and honey I have the wrinkles to prove I have one myself, well her face has a Permanent Resting Bitch Face, and it is making me turn off my television because of that smug frown that is constantly on her nasty ass face.  There, I've said it, and now I feel a little better.  I can't stand her.  She was a big mistake.

• Love 13

I get it.  They want to have varying views with the hosts.  Okay, fine.  You failed with MM.  It is not interesting to watch someone just parrot 45's moronic ramblings.  Her father doesn't even do that.  Find someone who thinks for themselves and can offer an intelligent counterpoint.   

She won't last.  

• Love 13

She is ruining this show with her resting bitch face, if for that alone. God, she is awful. My ole Daddy use to say, "she looks HARD" when he thought a gal was overdone with the makeup and attitude. That was one of the worst things he could say about a woman....She looks HARD. My Dad was a gent.  There is another old southern thing we said, actually Texas, Road Hard and put away Wet... I don't think anything like that has ever happened to her, but she sure looks it. She needs to cut that red lipstick. 

whoops I meant to say rode hard not road hard...hey, I need another cocktail. to get through this show, sorry.   

• Love 9

ABC was off the air, that's right, off the air for hours this morning.  apparently a major series of transformers blew.................I missed the show.  I guess I will catch it on Hulu tomorrow.

Whoopi - I agree that as an entertainer she is one of the best.  As a talk show host on a panel she is one of the worst.  I could not stand Raven on The View but I lover her show on Disney

• Love 2

Today I realized that Whoopi is the woman who would blame her daughter for being molested by her (Whoopi's) man. STOP BLAMING WOMEN FOR THE ACTIONS OF RAPISTS!

I can't deal with MM. I'm thinking she won't see season 22, and may not make it through season 21.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Can I just add my two cents in about why I HATE MM...it's her ugly  "resting bitch face", it's a term that we have used down south for a million years, and honey I have the wrinkles to prove I have one myself, well her face has a Permanent Resting Bitch Face, and it is making me turn off my television because of that smug frown that is constantly on her nasty ass face.  There, I've said it, and now I feel a little better.  I can't stand her.  She was a big mistake.

This!  Her "RBF" makes her look like a Sourpuss.  And her ridiculous whining about how hard it is to be a Conservative in Hollywood , yada, yada...Ugh...she is The Worst the show has had....I'm all in for Ana Navarro...

• Love 6
6 hours ago, geekburger said:

Meghan is  just calling them out on their BS and they don’t like it.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

Meghan is  just calling them out on their BS and they don’t like it.

What BS would that be?

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

I get it.  They want to have varying views with the hosts.  Okay, fine.  You failed with MM.  It is not interesting to watch someone just parrot 45's moronic ramblings.  Her father doesn't even do that.  Find someone who thinks for themselves and can offer an intelligent counterpoint.   

Gosh, are there no conservatives with an interesting personality who can get their points across with some flair & humor.  Come on!

• Love 13