Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/9/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I'm baffled that so many feel the need to genuflect to Whoopi. What is her appeal? I honestly don't get it. She sucks at this job. She's a bully. Is there something that goes on behind the scenes that we're not privy to or is it based on her reputation as an EGOT?

• Love 20
3 hours ago, geekburger said:

This one goes out to all those that said Jedi was the worst, had to go, etc etc. 

I kept saying that Jed didn't bother me, but nobody listened!   LOL   Now look what you have!

6 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

The old saying 'Be careful what you wish for' applies.  Everyone was annoyed with Jed and celebrated her leaving, but at least she didn't always speak the Republican line all the time. 

Yup.

3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm baffled that so many feel the need to genuflect to Whoopi. What is her appeal? I honestly don't get it.

Me neither.  She doesn't bother me THAT much, but she's so inarticulate.  She can't seem to get her thoughts across clearly.

• Love 4

Okay something positive-Jason Ritter is ADORBS! And looks so much like his dad! I still miss John Ritter and how cute the producers allowed Jason to walk in during the credits and kept it! I may just check out his show!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm baffled that so many feel the need to genuflect to Whoopi. What is her appeal? I honestly don't get it. She sucks at this job. She's a bully. Is there something that goes on behind the scenes that we're not privy to or is it based on her reputation as an EGOT?

I think it is EGOT related.  She is the most accomplished in the entertainment field and famous.  She also worked with Billy Chrystal and Robin Williams for years doing Comic Relief, raising money,  for the homeless.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Going to jump in again to say I was so floored by Meghan's "tribal" comment I blacked it out and didn't include it in my earlier rant. 

I forgot about this too.  She is a virtual cornucopia of horror.  

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Remember that she's the one who said Trump and Clinton were equally bad and that 2016 was "a garbage election." And this is AFTER Trump insulted her father's military service and time as a tortured prisoner of war. I have the feeling her opinions are not deeply held and change depending on the day and who she's being paid to be.

Whoa.  I didn't know this.  Jesus.

15 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Really CC - I don't trust her, or like her, or want to hear her. She is going to flail in the wind.

Yes. They will eat her up. 

• Love 9

I knew MM would suck because. ....well I have seen her before ( the view and other shows)and she sucks!!

I never expected her not to suck. 

However, well played Megan, we all know whoopi loves her ass being kissed . And obviously so does MM.

• Love 8

Oh Good God from Zion, that new woman is a vile horror of an excuse for a human. I have never seen her because I don't watch Fox News, but nope, I think I may have to say goodbye to my show, SHE REALLY MAKES ME PUKE --- she's just revolting, and that valley girl voice, the nasty expression whenever anybody is saying anything remotely nice....NOPE.  I can't deal with that bleached piece of pious vomit.  Okay, Atlanta out. I've only been watching it for my Joy anyway. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, imjagain said:

However, well played Megan, we all know whoopi loves her ass being kissed . And obviously so does MM.

Yes, clever. Of course, Nicolle, Raven, and Jedi all did the same thing and lasted about a year each. She's really reaching by shooting for Joy right off the bat. Joy pretty much saved this show from collapse when she returned. She got a 3-year contract while Whoopi has a single-year contract. I still say she was one of the hands pushing Raven and Michelle out the door behind-the-scenes, too. I wouldn't take her own myself.

I'm amazed so many people think Meghan worse than Jedi. I had a lot more rage for her than I do for Meghan. I think because Meghan is more run-of-the-mill and is easily called-out because she doesn't hide behind a Libertarian shield. Plus she's not bright and easier to laugh at, just like Elisabeth. Actually, one of the things I'm most glad to be rid of are Jedi's laughs at Sunny's expense whenever Whoopi is being an insecure asshole towards her.

• Love 8

Does Whoopi not realize how transparent she is?   She's similar to our President in that she just GLOWS with all the butt-kissing that gags a normal person.   She does her "humble," grin and that "Aw, shucks, you guys, I'm just me," shrug.   UGH.   Someone has coached Megan well.  Now...to fix her hair and makeup.

• Love 20

Should I assume that Megan won't mention the education, experience, and success of her mother, Cindy Hensley McCain.   Wikipedia sez this (and barely touches on her affair with the married McCain):  

Cindy Lou Hensley McCain (born May 20, 1954) is an American businesswoman, philanthropist, and humanitarian, and the wife of long-time United States Senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain of Arizona.  She was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, as the daughter of wealthy beer distributor Jim Hensley. After receiving bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Southern California, she became a special education teacher. She married John McCain in 1980 and the couple moved to Arizona in 1981, where her husband would be elected to the United States Congress the following year and has been in office since then. The couple had three children together, in addition to adopting another. From 1988 to 1995, she founded and operated a nonprofit organization, the American Voluntary Medical Team, which organized trips by medical personnel to disaster-stricken or war-torn third-world areas. During this time, she became addicted to painkillers for several years and resorted to having a physician write illegal prescriptions on her behalf. She reached an agreement with the government in which no charges were filed against her.

Upon her father's death in 2000, she inherited majority control and became chair of Hensley & Co., one of the largest Anheuser-Busch beer distributors in the United States. She participated in both of her husband's presidential campaigns and, in 2008, drew both positive and negative scrutiny for her appearance, demeanor, wealth, spending habits, and financial obligations. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

.... And where did she, an Arizona girl, come up with the obnoxious Valley Girl voice?  

I lived in the PHX metro area for over a decade (1995-2007).  Valley-Girl speak was alive and well, especially the closer you got to the pampered socialite crowds near ASU. 

I will chalk up the uneven performance as First Day Jitters, though I sense a trainwreck in the making.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I lived in the PHX metro area for over a decade (1995-2007).  Valley-Girl speak was alive and well, especially the closer you got to the pampered socialite crowds near ASU. 

I will chalk up the uneven performance as First Day Jitters, though I sense a trainwreck in the making.

We lived in Scottsdale for nearly 12 years, until 2005, and I can't recall the girls having that VG speak, unless they were California refugees, or Kim Kartrashian. But regardless, it's annoying. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, rcc said:

Whoopi "the first lady of the View" but sorry Joy Whoopi is the one who reached out to me. Bullshit Miss Megan. Kiss up to the Whoop while dissing Joy doesn't work for me.

Also, if anyone is to be called "the first lady of the View" it's BW, the creator of this show. Moron!

I yelled at my screen that I would consider Meredith to be the "first lady of the view" since she moderated the show so well for years. I know Babs should hold the title since she created the show.

I FF'd the part where Meghan was talking about her father's illness. As others have said about going through it with loved ones she's not the first. I'm sorry she's having to go through it too though. My first thought about her sucking up was that Whoopi's ass must have been tingling afterwards with all that kissing and etc. to it going on. 

The best part of the show for me was seeing Jason, the clip they showed and him talking about his dad so lovingly. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I have the feeling her opinions are not deeply held and change depending on the day and who she's being paid to be.

And on this show she's being paid to take the opposite side of the majority at the table, like all the "conservatives" before her. I wish instead of hiring "persona's" they'd just hire women and let them be themselves.

Just now, Jaded said:

The best part of the show for me was seeing Jason, the clip they showed and him talking about his dad so lovingly. 

I just watched the clip. Jason reminds me so much of his father. I loved John Ritter, and was so sad when he died, especially since his career was just getting revitalized with "8 Simple Rules". I first saw Jason Ritter when he was on "Joan of Arcadia".  I saw a bit of his new show, and it seems to be based on the same sort of premise. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

And on this show she's being paid to take the opposite side of the majority at the table, like all the "conservatives" before her. I wish instead of hiring "persona's" they'd just hire women and let them be themselves.

Reminds me of Groucho Marx - "Whatever it is, I'm against it".

• Love 7
11 hours ago, useryikes said:

I kept saying that Jed didn't bother me, but nobody listened!   LOL   Now look what you have!

She may not have bothered you, but she sure as fuck bothered me, and others here, but it's done. And I knew that whoever replaced her would be just as bad, because the stupidass producers on this show don't have common sense and feel the need to have just one batshit crazy, shit and pot-stirrer contrarian. It's so easy to set her straight, as we've seen the awesome of awesome Paul Begala do. So I'm not worried that she'll shake her head, maintain a shit-eating grin while laughing like a rabid hyena.

6 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I don't buy this as this wasn't her very first day on this show. First day as "permanent" co-host, maybe, but she's been on this show before and is very much aware of how it rolls.

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I FF'd the part where Meghan was talking about her father's illness. As others have said about going through it with loved ones she's not the first. I'm sorry she's having to go through it too though.

Exactly. She's not the first. And for her to make it all about her, her, her, was eye roll worthy. The ladies asked how her FATHER was doing, not her.

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I just watched the clip. Jason reminds me so much of his father. I loved John Ritter, and was so sad when he died, especially since his career was just getting revitalized with "8 Simple Rules". I first saw Jason Ritter when he was on "Joan of Arcadia".  I saw a bit of his new show, and it seems to be based on the same sort of premise. 

I know! I remember seeing Jason as fucked up stalker/rapist on Law & Order: SVU many moons ago. And last season, I think it was, he played a doofus, moronic and naive brother of Abby on NCIS. He's very talented. But I still miss John oh so, so much.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
11 hours ago, useryikes said:

She may not have bothered you, but she sure as fuck bothered me, and others here, but it's done. And I knew that whoever replaced her would be just as bad, because the stupidass producers on this show don't have common sense and feel the need to have just one batshit crazy, shit and pot-stirrer contrarian. It's so easy to set her straight, as we've seen the awesome of awesome Paul Begala do. So I'm not worried that she'll shake her head, maintain a shit-eating grin while laughing like a rabid hyena.

I agree with your entire post.  MM is better than Jed by a long shot because her position is BS and easily crushed.  Saying she would have walked out with Pence says it all right there.  She should listen to the news on networks other than FOX.   It is going to be delicious to watch them tear her apart.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I agree. It's what I've been saying for a while about this show. It used to be about intelligent women from all walks of life, just talking about issues that were important to them, and sometimes about trivial things.  But not the opposite sides, conservative vs. liberal thing it has become. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

Megan M might have inadvertently revealed an agenda, a plan to get others to follow along and walk out of football games. 

That is 45's agenda and she is a helper elf.   

• Love 4

Onto today's show....

I get what Whoopi was ranting about in regards to women needing to speak up. I felt bad for Sunny when she was trying to bring up the point that some people take settlements due to their financial situation and nobody really wanted to discuss that fact as much. It's easy for someone like Whoopi to say that people will help women who speak up find another job when it's been decades since she's had to worry about money like everyday people do. It's even easier for Megan who's never had to worry about money a day in her life.

• Love 20

Megan is making false equivalencies.  Why do they always do that?  Obama was late in supporting marriage equality, it did not make him homophobic.  A simplistic way of  looking at a complex topic.  I was so happy that the movie star took a break for a commercial.  I am not impressed with her at all. Joy is holding back her tongue. 

• Love 9

Gads!  I had to turn off the show today, Megan is So Smug and her Sour Face while she was grilling Eric Reid was tooo much for me!  Eric Reid laid out his position calmly and intelligently, and Megan gets all huffy and acts like only people who have family in the military are patriotic and Eric(a football player with the 49ers) said that his Mother was in the Military and also a cousin, so he was just as patriotic as anyone.  Megan just went on & on with how Unpatriotic the Football players are who take a knee.  Arrgg...its too much to take.

• Love 12

What was Meghan wearing?  Can someone help her with wardrobe?  The hair wasn't much better than yesterday, either.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

But not the opposite sides, conservative vs. liberal thing it has become. 

I guess the producers think that works.

• Love 3

Eric made some good points but I'm sure they fell on deaf ears. The protesters can explain and explain until their tongues fall out but people who have made up their minds that it's disrespectful to flag and anthem (and military) are never going to understand the point. Or that it's a Constitutional right.  And surely not as long as Trump and Pence and Fox continue to perpetuate their propaganda. I'd like to know what poll MM was quoting saying that Americans overwhelmingly disagree with the players kneeling. I was under the impression that it was about split evenly, pro and con.

Meghan was certainly prickly about a first wife criticizing a subsequent wife. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17

I do think whoopi was too dismissive to Sunny regarding her point of some women being single moms and needing the job   sexual harassment is not about sex, but about power.  As with anyone, the solution is much tougher to find then what Whoopi says.

In regards to the Dr. Seuss discussion, I think what Meghan was trying to say was that hindsight is 20/20.  That Barack and Hilary were formally against gay marriage back in the 90s and 00s...but evolved over time..just like Dr Seuss....and I do agree with the question that in 100 years..will Barack and Hilary be looked at in the same way that Dr Seuss is looked at in 2017?  It's a fascinating question that deserves to b3 explorer and not dismissed.   I will say Meghan seems calmer then Jed.  That's my positive for the day in regard to her :)

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, backformore said:

According to Whoopi, I should have stood up to him (I did, nothing changed)  or quit the job that allowed me to live in an apartment and go to college. 

Those jerks who tell women to stand their ground, report things, or give off a "strong" vibe haven't been in the lower positions where there is little help.  My sisters and I have remarked often that if we'd had a father at home...or even older brothers--and if we hadn't been poor, there was some crap (not on jobs) we would never have experienced or even known about.    Megan lived/lives the insulated life.   Whoopi was probably a little spitfire and no one dealt with her...good or bad...for a long time.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I do think whoopi was too dismissive to Sunny regarding her point of some women being single moms and needing the job   sexual harassment is not about sex, but about power.  As with anyone, the solution is much tougher to find then what Whoopi says.

In regards to the Dr. Seuss discussion, I think what Meghan was trying to say was that hindsight is 20/20.  That Barack and Hilary were formally against gay marriage back in the 90s and 00s...but evolved over time..just like Dr Seuss....and I do agree with the question that in 100 years..will Barack and Hilary be looked at in the same way that Dr Seuss is looked at in 2017?  It's a fascinating question that deserves to b3 explorer and not dismissed.   I will say Meghan seems calmer then Jed.  That's my positive for the day in regard to her :)

She also brought up the confederate monuments, symbols of White supremacy and made a correlation with George Washington and Thomas Jefferson who owned slaves.  She snuck that in and immediately brought up Obama and Clinton in regards to gay marriage. I caught exactly what she was doing.  Typical what aboutism. She did not fool me once. She also had to say that she was more progressive than them, when it came to Gay marriage. 

There has always been the very progressive side of the Democratic party who has always felt that the Clintons and Obama were not progressive enough.  That is a whole can of worms that I don't want to open. Liberals always have their damn purity test that keep them powerless..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan was certainly prickly about a first wife criticizing a subsequent wife.

Oooooooo...it comes with the territory.  Perhaps the subsequent wives should WAIT to do the deed and develop a "romance" until the husbands are no longer living with the first wives.   Oops.  Do I sound like one of those first wives?

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also brought up the confederate monuments, symbols of White supremacy and made a correlation with George Washington and Thomas Jefferson who owned slaves.  She snuck that in and immediately brought up Obama and Clinton in regards to gay marriage. I caught exactly what she was doing.  Typical what aboutism. She did not fool me once. She also had to say that she was more progressive than them, when it came to Gay marriage. 

Megan equated confederate leaders who led  the fight to keep slavery, and waged war on the United States - to democrats who thought that civil unions were more appropriate than marriage for gay couples.  

it's day 2 and I hate her already. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

I went to sherry shapards book signing years ago.  She told the story of coming to New York for the view and Whoopi buying her clothes so she could dress for the job.   I use to really like Whoopi as an actor.  On the view she is hit or miss with me but I do think she helps young talent.  

Jason Ritter is handsome and adorable at the same time.  Really enjoyed his interview.   Glad he broke the world record.  I probably would have blown that and gave him a big long hug.  He seems very huggable ?

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 7