Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/9/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I thought Clay was going white/gray...so we think it is blond? Whatever it is, I may be the only person that thought it looked flattering on good Ole Clay.

I agree!  I'm one of those old redheads who had a difficult time keeping up my color when beneath it all it was going white-white-white.  Every time I'd see Clay on TV I'd see that white line of new growth beneath every possible shade of red (even brown and black) his hair people tried to keep him looking like Clay.  I think this color is beautiful; hope it's natural.

Edited by Former Nun
putting "new growth" where it belongs.
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

But my guess is she could look fabulous without resorting to the equivalent of burqas.

So you didn't see the things she was squeezed into earlier in the week (white/light tops with a black bra), etc?   Nothing burqua-esqe or nun-ish there.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I thought Clay was going white/gray...so we think it is blond? Whatever it is, I may be the only person that thought it looked flattering on good Ole Clay. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's gray (silver).

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 2

I think that  MM is on at this time because she reached out to the Spew cuz her Faux show wasn't going great guns, so she was looking for another gig.  

My theory is that MM is on temporarily as a ratings boost and will be gone in about a year. Senator McCain has been in the news more prominently lately so Spew producers jumped on the chance for MM to get that bump asap, as well. Bye,,Jediblahblah!

MM must have been given the notion that the other hosts were smitten with her notoriety and quasi-fame, (ahem nepotism, cough cough), so MM thought that she was into a cushy, AllBowBeforeMe, yes M'Lord position.  Too bad that Joy, Sunny, Sara all able to keep the bar high in real news discussion which MM looks confused about,  because weren't they supposed to be awed by her and let her school them?  

Does that make sense? 

And why the fuck does MM hold a pen?  Her ghost-written book is in the remainder/sale  bin now. It wasn't exactly a must-read. And hasn't every z-list celebrity had a book out at some time? 

Does she have any talents?    What had she done ever that is worthy of listening to her spout? I laughed when they asked her about the White House nuclear codes, like she so authoritatively knows because.........why?   I'm sure she talked about codes with Dad over dinner.  Sure. 

This job is to pad her resume for future shows and perks. She's got nothin',  IMHO. Blecch. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Was Charlie Pride lip lsyncing ?   My grandma loved him and he sounded exactly the same as I remember.   No idea he lead such an interesting life.  He also seemed very charming.  

He may have been but I don't care ... just seeing him is a delight.  He didn't seem to want to stand for more than a second, so I'm wondering if he has some health issues.  He sure looks good (for his age <79>).

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Tosia said:

I think that  MM is on at this time because she reached out to the Spew cuz her Faux show wasn't going great guns, so she was looking for another gig.  

My theory is that MM is on temporarily as a ratings boost and will be gone in about a year. Senator McCain has been in the news more prominently lately so Spew producers jumped on the chance for MM to get that bump asap, as well. Bye,,Jediblahblah!

MM must have been given the notion that the other hosts were smitten with her notoriety and quasi-fame, (ahem nepotism, cough cough), so MM thought that she was into a cushy, AllBowBeforeMe, yes M'Lord position.  Too bad that Joy, Sunny, Sara all able to keep the bar high in real news discussion which MM looks confused about,  because weren't they supposed to be awed by her and let her school them?  

Does that make sense? 

And why the fuck does MM hold a pen?  Her ghost-written book is in the remainder/sale  bin now. It wasn't exactly a must-read. And hasn't every z-list celebrity had a book out at some time? 

Does she have any talents?    What had she done ever that is worthy of listening to her spout? I laughed when they asked her about the White House nuclear codes, like she so authoritatively knows because.........why?   I'm sure she talked about codes with Dad over dinner.  Sure. 

This job is to pad her resume for future shows and perks. She's got nothin',  IMHO. Blecch. 

Brava Tosia! Well said!  *golf clap*

• Love 3
20 hours ago, NeverLate said:

I would of liked him to have sung! As he and MM are good friends, maybe he'll be on again( soon)

I liked his blond hair..

I think they all think they are special, sadly none of them are,

Hold the front door!  They're friends??  Well that blows my theory.  To watch you'd never have known.

• Love 1
On 10/13/2017 at 4:45 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I think you mean 100% fresh.  Rotten Tomatoes scores fresh or rotten.  There have actually been quite a lot of 100% films, but most of them are older movies.  

ahhh thanks for the clarification.   I knew it was something,  but didnt remember what.  Been a while that Ive been there

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Former Nun said:

So you didn't see the things she was squeezed into earlier in the week (white/light tops with a black bra), etc?   Nothing burqua-esqe or nun-ish there.

No! But from now on, I'm paying attention when they walk out. I usually fast-forward to avoid the ninety-minute bellowing of "Welcome to the View!" from Whoopi. Because Friday was a Joy day, I let it play, and was able to see MM in a terrible black thing.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I usually fast-forward to avoid the ninety-minute bellowing of "Welcome to the View!" from Whoopi

I usually watch it sometime later on the DVR...but I have it set to start a minute or two late (can't recall).  I don't see them walking and I certainly don't HEAR that "bellowing."  My program starts in the middle of some sentence of Whoopi's.  I'm fine with that.

2 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

When you are the ONLY conservative panelist on the show you ARE special.

One might be merely different.  One of these things, etc.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

No! But from now on, I'm paying attention when they walk out. I usually fast-forward to avoid the ninety-minute bellowing of "Welcome to the View!" from Whoopi. Because Friday was a Joy day, I let it play, and was able to see MM in a terrible black thing.

You can see part of MM's outfit  in this clip: 

You can't see the whole thing, but it was BAD - a cheap, tight knit shirt, with flower appliques and a full black bra underneath.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

Hold the front door!  They're friends??  Well that blows my theory.  To watch you'd never have known.

Really? I could see they were friends, although I have seen them together before...we all have different friends, some closer than others, some that are there for moral support..shrugs,

52 minutes ago, backformore said:

You can see part of MM's outfit  in this clip: 

You can't see the whole thing, but it was BAD - a cheap, tight knit shirt, with flower appliques and a full black bra underneath.  

And yet she still dresses better than the sack and weird shoes Whoopi wears..lol

Whoopi looks like a bag lady, poor dear

• Love 1
13 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Really? I could see they were friends, although I have seen them together before...we all have different friends, some closer than others, some that are there for moral support..shrugs,

And yet she still dresses better than the sack and weird shoes Whoopi wears..lol

Whoopi looks like a bag lady, poor dear

Well, again I bet (just my own personal conspiracy theory)

That MM

has an underlying shyness, it makes every day a battle.  Not meeting anothers eyes when conversing is a big flag.  More comfortable behind a desk

I think I understand because I am also almost crippling shy.   OK PSA over.  

Edited by Tammee
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

That MM

has an underlying shyness, it makes every day a battle.  Not meeting anothers eyes when conversing is a big flag.  More comfortable behind a desk

I enjoyed your PSA..:)

• Love 3

Thanks,  Tammee, for revealing your shyness.  Me,too, although I work hard to get myself out there and talk to people. 

I almost volunteered to usher at church this a.m., but debated myself, and will try again next week, bcause I want to meet more people in real life.  Online is easy for me cuz I like writing. 

It's nerve-racking isn't it? 

Parties were always a nightmare.

Good luck to you.  

That said,  I think MM may be shy,  and incredibly insecure because she's got nothing. ....not smarts, not wit, not personality, not charisma, etc., on her own....without family $ or name. She still had to prove herself,  and it ain't going well.  

Also, she does kind of resemble Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife with big boobs and bleached out hair.  Sorry to be superficial, but I don't like no-talent kids. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

That MM

Me too!!  Shyness has been the bane of my existence!!

• Love 4
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But Meghan isn’t the only Conservative. Paula is also Conservative.

But Paula is a dullard, also.

On 14/10/2017 at 3:26 AM, Former Nun said:

So you didn't see the things she was squeezed into earlier in the week (white/light tops with a black bra), etc? 

Soooo awful!  No mirrors in their dressing rooms.  I hate the too tight look that everyone wants to wear now.  Not nice on good bodies.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, useryikes said:
On 10/14/2017 at 6:20 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

But Meghan isn’t the only Conservative. Paula is also Conservative.

But Paula is a dullard, also.

Her favorite expression is "but Joy....." to protest something Joy has said.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Tammee said:

That MM

Not sure about MM being shy, but I definitely think she is too insecure or sensitive to be a co-host on a tv show, or any job in the public eye where she will get negative feedback. Her getting defensive with the other co-hosts in the first few days was one sign. Also the fact that they brought up the negative comments on Twitter about her weight. Cruel, of course, but to be expected, unfortunately, when in the public eye. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Tosia said:

I think MM may be shy,  and incredibly insecure because she's got nothing. ....not smarts, not wit, not personality, not charisma, etc., on her own....without family $ or name. She still had to prove herself,  and it ain't going well.  

I've never got that sense from her from the few times I've seen her on this show before when she was a guest/guest co-host. She was very well at ease.

7 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Paula's only on once a week, pity..

But the point I was making was that Meghan isn't the only conservative; doesn't matter that Paula is only on once a week; the point for me was that there isn't just "one" conservative on this show. And Sunny is conservative on some social issues--like abortion and marriage. So Meghan ain't that special.

17 hours ago, Tammee said:

That MM

And I don't see any shyness. I see her meeting everyone's eyes with no problem. She also adds this, looking down, waving her hand with a pen in hand, as if she's some serious journalist--which she's not. And as I posted above, this isn't the first time she's been on this show. So she can't use the excuse she's not used to being on live teevee or on this show. She came off, prepared to be combative from her first day. And like others have also stated, these women have meeting to review what they will be talking about.

Yeah, no. No sympathy or understanding from me. And yeah, I get nervous when I have to speak before a bunch of people too. And I didn't have the luxury of having four other people up there with me. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, as I didn't recall her being so obnoxious or using coded words the last time I saw her on this show, and I never saw the episode on Real Time with Bill Maher and that exchange with Paul Begala. So she was basically an empty slate. But as soon as her story about how she made her dad's cancer all about her, and jumped right in and called the take the knee protests "tribal," I was done. There is no "give her a chance" nonsense where I am standing.

• Love 8

MM started off combative with the easy topic of taking the knee co-opted by conservatives (and racists, Imho), and being familiar/prepared with the personal topic about cancer and her dad. 

However, as time goes by,  I don't see her keeping up with the other hosts regarding politicized issues, aside from a few memorized talking points, cuz she ain't that smart.

MM also doesn't come across to me as well-read, or intellectual, or a work horse prepared for deeper more poignant responses.  

Although maybe those type of responses don't exist in conservative rhetoric because they just keep repeating the same superficial comments, i.e., now is not the time to talk abt the Second Amendment; or retort with blaming Obama or  Hillary, etc.....(gag reflux coming up).

I think MM is entitled  enough not  to think that she should study up.

Tough chick????  Don't make me laugh (or barf.)

• Love 9
11 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Paula's only on once a week, pity..

Some people didn't like Paula as the conservative on the show. (She calls herself moderate though). Then we got Jed, now MM. Nobody is perfect as the conservative on this show. Maybe Ana Navarro. Maybe not. Paula is working more on GMA during the week so she's probably better off anyway coupled with working with moderator Joy on Fridays too.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Some people didn't like Paula as the conservative on the show. (She calls herself moderate though). Then we got Jed, now MM. Nobody is perfect as the conservative on this show. Maybe Ana Navarro. Maybe not. Paula is working more on GMA during the week so she's probably better off anyway coupled with working with moderator Joy on Fridays too.

I think MM looked nice today. I turned on to see Dolly, whom I just love. It was sad to see how upset MM was when talking about her father, his radiation and chemo. It's so hard to have a parent go through this,my heart goes out to her.( well, anyone that has a parent with cancer) 

I don't think anyone is perfect, myself included, we just have different likes and dislikes...:)  thanks RCC for your reply

• Love 2

I just love Dolly Parton     

My grandfather use to play some of her songs on the piano.    My grandma,sister, niece and I saw dolly in concert.  She was so sweet funny and has a voice of a angel.   There we were three generations sitting in the nosebleed sets crying our eyes out listening to coats of many colors.   

It was nice to relate to MM on something. 

• Love 3
On 10/16/2017 at 6:52 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I've never got that sense from her from the few times I've seen her on this show before when she was a guest/guest co-host. She was very well at ease.

But the point I was making was that Meghan isn't the only conservative; doesn't matter that Paula is only on once a week; the point for me was that there isn't just "one" conservative on this show. And Sunny is conservative on some social issues--like abortion and marriage. So Meghan ain't that special.

And I don't see any shyness. I see her meeting everyone's eyes with no problem. She also adds this, looking down, waving her hand with a pen in hand, as if she's some serious journalist--which she's not. And as I posted above, this isn't the first time she's been on this show. So she can't use the excuse she's not used to being on live teevee or on this show. She came off, prepared to be combative from her first day. And like others have also stated, these women have meeting to review what they will be talking about.

Yeah, no. No sympathy or understanding from me. And yeah, I get nervous when I have to speak before a bunch of people too. And I didn't have the luxury of having four other people up there with me. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, as I didn't recall her being so obnoxious or using coded words the last time I saw her on this show, and I never saw the episode on Real Time with Bill Maher and that exchange with Paul Begala. So she was basically an empty slate. But as soon as her story about how she made her dad's cancer all about her, and jumped right in and called the take the knee protests "tribal," I was done. There is no "give her a chance" nonsense where I am standing.

Well put Scorp (I hope you dont mind me calling you Scorp, I will stop if you do)  anyway yes I can see all your points.  Its funny (not haha), the cancer thing....theres a young girl on DWTS!, very early 20s.  Her dad just passed recently, I think from brain  cancer.  Anyway to hear her talk she is so grateful for their time together and she just has a maturity, and sweetness.  Theres your child dealing and healing from cancer.

• Love 1
On 10/16/2017 at 8:51 AM, Tosia said:

MM started off combative with the easy topic of taking the knee co-opted by conservatives (and racists, Imho), and being familiar/prepared with the personal topic about cancer and her dad. 

However, as time goes by,  I don't see her keeping up with the other hosts regarding politicized issues, aside from a few memorized talking points, cuz she ain't that smart.

MM also doesn't come across to me as well-read, or intellectual, or a work horse prepared for deeper more poignant responses.  

Although maybe those type of responses don't exist in conservative rhetoric because they just keep repeating the same superficial comments, i.e., now is not the time to talk abt the Second Amendment; or retort with blaming Obama or  Hillary, etc.....(gag reflux coming up).

I think MM is entitled  enough not  to think that she should study up.

Tough chick????  Don't make me laugh (or barf.)

I wish she would cut her points a lil shorter and let some other people have a say

• Love 1