Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Surprisingly no last we saw him he was in Statesville and Hope went to see him to try to find out where Ben took Ciara after she disappeared when she saw Tripp/Claire on the couch.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

He keeps ending up in prison. Imagine that! People who break the law going to jail and staying there for years at a time. (The last time we saw him, Kate was visiting him in prison and getting him to reveal that Rolfe said Will was alive.)

I'm probably only going to get angry when I hear the answer, but something's telling me that Eric spent more time in jail for his accidental car wreck resulting in St Daniel's death than Ben spent locked up for the multiple murders of Serena, Paige, Will and the nurse...right?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

He keeps ending up in prison. Imagine that! People who break the law going to jail and staying there for years at a time. (The last time we saw him, Kate was visiting him in prison and getting him to reveal that Rolfe said Will was alive.)

I'm probably only going to get angry when I hear the answer, but something's telling me that Eric spent more time in jail for his accidental car wreck resulting in St Daniel's death than Ben spent locked up for the multiple murders of Serena, Paige, Will and the nurse...right?

Ben didn't go to jail he was sent to Bayview.

However yes Eric spent more time in jail for drunk driving. 

• Love 2

It does although its not accurate that Days is saying this is something that's never been done in daytime before AMC did a time jump of 5 years into the future when it went to the webcast version of the show and GL did it at the end of the series.

Yet despite all these plans to save Days(this time with the same writer) it never really works. Here's a thought: Hire some new blood to write for the show for a change instead of these retreads that don't work and go back to basics where its about family and romance instead of shock value plot points that don't go anywhere.

At the very least Days has nothing to lose  with this time jump as they're already on life support.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, MsTree said:

CanaryFan98, at the very least, according to Matt Ashford, you'll finally get the messiness you've been yearning for 😉 

Just as he's about to exit stage left.. isn't that always the case.... 

Regardless MA also said that this Jack story of the past year was something he liked yeah sure I think he's just glad he's not getting fired again.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Please tell me that Matthew Ashford isn't leaving.

Also, please tell me that Kate Mansi isn't staying.

Thank you in advance.

I think Matt is still on the show. 

Kate gave a interview a few weeks ago and said her story has wrapped up.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sidney said:

I think Matt is still on the show. 

Kate gave a interview a few weeks ago and said her story has wrapped up.

Good.   I've started watching again getting ready for Stephen Nichols' return, but seeing Kate was going to be back as well, I was second guessing whether to keep it on the DVR or not. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

"Ben is horrified by Clyde's confession."  That Jordan was Ben's mother?

I bet he's baby David's father and I bet that's one of the things that drove Jordan over the edge.  It's gotta be something really ugly if Ben is horrified...

Unless, of course, Clyde asks him for some necktie tips.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

I hope Abigail isn't here to stay for long because I believe(hopefully I'm wrong) it's only a matter of time before she starts being snooty & Superior to Gabi and then everyone joins in (again) when the truth comes out about her & Lani. 

Btw I know Lani shooting Stefan was an accident and all but at the end of the day that's a pretty empty/cold comfort cos he's still dead(or is he????). Not to say that excuses Gabi's blackmail but it sure does explain it. Still a dumb, useless plot tho. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

See? Now that's a worthwhile secret and would explain why Jordan wanted her mother to die she probably protected Clyde and said Ben was hers.

However many are speculating that he's the real NTK and brainwashed Ben into thinking it was him.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I like that we're seeing some new sets beyond that the promo didn't really pop to me. 

Yeah, I've been letting it marinate so I don't overreact, but.........that was really underwhelming. I don't know if they thought it would be too confusing to jump right into some of the crazy stuff that's been rumored to happen, or if that's just what they thought would make the best promo. 😕

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Not sure why but Kristin and Sarah having girls shocked me for some reason.I def thought they would have boys.

Actually I get it because Brady already has a son and Sarah having a bio daughter with Eric would make Nicole insecure.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

This has been speculated, shit, years ago since Jordan was with Rafe and Clyde was dating Kate while menacing her.  On this very site by myriad posters over 5 years ago actually. This isn’t shocking in the least. Though it is disgusting and will explain why she hates Ben whilst at one time having a nurturing and guardian type bond. Of course, idiot Ron would never really handle this darkness or the complexity of this situation with any sort of nuance or sensitivity. 

I think Eli and Gabi make an odd couple, yeah they’d be pretty together but he’s very boring. For Gabi though sometimes I think hot sex or being attractive is enough personality incompatiblity or personal history be damned (see Stefan, also Chad). 

Kate waiting tables at Brady Pub is ridiculous. She has historically been a bitch to servers and has no respect for the position and dislikes anything menial or being nice unless she absolutely must. 

I don’t care Stefano is alive and gonna be a villian where you only see his hand Dr Claw from Insector Gadget style. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ab25271e808bff8799

this show does need a compelling villian who isn’t “Ron’s Crazy Bitch of the Week.”

I’m thinking JJ turned to drugs during the time jump cuz of Jennifer’s coma and maybe Jack spent all the time in the hospital side so he spiraled out alone. He does have addiction and mental illness in his family. 

Why is show social media accounts and promos and press blurbs in magazines and sites keep saying this has “never been done in daytime before?” It was done on Guiding Light, Port Charles, and AMC in their series finale and web debut. And been done on nighttime soaps a billion x. 

• Love 10
On 11/8/2019 at 7:36 AM, QueenSerena said:

Ready or not, here it comes (this really reads like 'The Plan To Save Days!' version 893...)

75521864_430336637682853_212913786699382

75474215_430336654349518_816774320233853

76187145_430336944349489_523998509325824

74576991_430337814349402_679396452793214

This time jump thing is merely COrday and Carlivati throwing in the towel and admitting that Carlivati's stint has been a disaster . 

Its like Corday has just noticed that Carlivati is incapable of crafting a story and seeing it through in a logical manner. So the solution ? Just craft a story and cut all corners and nOt bother showing us how characters arrived at their Present  destination .

Its very possible that Corday has limited options when it comes to getting the show another head writer since Corday hss already exhausted the pool of soapie writers in the soapie world. 

So he is now stuck with Carlivati .

• Love 5

Honestly, if she's willing, give me Sheri Anderson until the show gets canceled. Even if it's just the last 6 weeks when they return to film again next spring. There would at least be a chance that the show is character-driven at some point.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

See? Now that's a worthwhile secret and would explain why Jordan wanted her mother to die she probably protected Clyde and said Ben was hers.

However many are speculating that he's the real NTK and brainwashed Ben into thinking it was him.

Hahahahaha, ClYde fRamed Ben ?

I do recall Clyde vowing to Keep Ben's serial killer secret locked up inside his heart?

Why did Clyde buY a house For abby and ben ? 

Why did he hire top lawyers to help Ben when Chad pressed charges against him for assault ? 

Why did he pay Ben's rental Expenses? 

Clyde Being   the Necktie Killer iS a theory concorted by Ben Westen fangirls who were desperate to justify the presence of this serial killer on the canvas even though Clyde has been trying hard to reconcile with Ben prior to the necktie murders. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

Or hire a nighttime person who’s style is along this vein. I don’t actually get the time jump unless they wanted to create buzz and people tuning in but didn’t have a budget. Also anything truly shocking like killing a core cast member off can’t be done since death has be determined irreverent. Probably the only thing that would get people really tuning in is to get a famous actor or actress from prime time or movies on and simultaneously begging AS/Sami and PB/Bo on bended knee prevailing on their sympathies/nostalgia for show. 

@Rafael of course they will white wash and hand wave away Ben’s crimes at all costs. Nevermind we saw him commit his crimes onscreen and he’s spoken often of wanting to kill AFTER his cure (ex: saying he remembers killing and it was easy to scare Claire and seperately to the Chingones after Chloe, and asked Victor to kill Jordan and said in conversations several x he wanted to hurt her, and said he dreams of snapping and killing Ciara). But whatever. I refuse to believe Ben was brainwashed based on the facts set forth above. 

I’m not high key excited by the Jordan being Ben’s mother spoiler/spec since many wondered that for years. And it was already mentioned she was molested by Clyde as a kid and her mother didn’t believe her. So I’m disgusted by the return of a man who raped a 13 year old girl he was the stepfather of. And it’s all being done to prop Ben and Jordan is dead and irrelevant when this is extremely disturbing and the only thing that at least I’d want to see is Jordan and her reacting not her rapist asshole “dad” bonding or Ben the woman killer being miffed his mom lied.  misogynistic

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Honestly, who didn’t see this coming when they brought the actor back and tried to redeem the character? Especially when Cin took off. 

• Love 1

In spite of myself, I have to say I'm intrigued. First of all, I'm so glad to see Jennifer upright and mobile - it looks like she's back in action quickly, phew. All right, show, I'm open to what you're about to give us. Better make it worth my while. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Rafael said:

Hahahahaha, ClYde fRamed Ben ?

I do recall Clyde vowing to Keep Ben's serial killer secret locked up inside his heart?

Why did Clyde buY a house For abby and ben ? 

Why did he hire top lawyers to help Ben when Chad pressed charges against him for assault ? 

Why did he pay Ben's rental Expenses? 

Clyde Being   the Necktie Killer iS a theory concorted by Ben Westen fangirls who were desperate to justify the presence of this serial killer on the canvas even though Clyde has been trying hard to reconcile with Ben prior to the necktie murders. 

I agree with you but this is Days I can see this happening. I mean we saw Marlena kill a bunch of beloved characters and then had to undo it with Melaswen. It was easier to take because Marlena had 30 years of history on her side at that point. Ben's pivotal moment was being the NTK.

Sheri should've been HW all along not Ron if she didn't want it then there's Lorraine Broderick or Richard Culliton I would've taken either of them who are also on the staff.

Regardless it is funny that they want Ben's SK past retconned when at first many found it one of his better qualities as a character etc.

And if this retcon were to happen to think many found it absurd RSW return to Days as Ben's twin who had to deal with Ben's baggage by living in Salem and falling for Ciara ala Kevin/Lucy GH. I would gladly take that over this lame retcon.

6 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Honestly, who didn’t see this coming when they brought the actor back and tried to redeem the character? Especially when Cin took off. 

I think the bizarre part is that its being done after him being an SK is treated as an afterthought not when people rightfully feared and loathed him on sight. I mean what's the point now? Nobody in Salem seems to care beyond Eve and JJ to a lesser extent at this point. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

And if this retcon were to happen to think many found it absurd RSW return to Days as Ben's twin who had to deal with Ben's baggage by living in Salem and falling for Ciara ala Kevin/Lucy GH. I would gladly take that over this lame retcon.

Wouldn't it have been a great plot if they just brought RSW back as some random guy who bore a striking resemblance to the serial killer Ben?  He could have spent his first few days confused as to why all the people of Salem were gasping in horror and saying terrible things to him.  They could have had people coming to terms with liking him but being reminded of Ben.  KDP would have done a great job with this.  They could even have had a plot where several people were convinced he really WAS Ben and kept trying to prove it.  They could have still had him without the serial killer baggage.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Wouldn't it have been a great plot if they just brought RSW back as some random guy who bore a striking resemblance to the serial killer Ben?  He could have spent his first few days confused as to why all the people of Salem were gasping in horror and saying terrible things to him.  They could have had people coming to terms with liking him but being reminded of Ben.  KDP would have done a great job with this.  They could even have had a plot where several people were convinced he really WAS Ben and kept trying to prove it.  They could have still had him without the serial killer baggage.

Yes! Its like what GH did when they really liked JL but knew back then Ryan wasn't a viable character to have with the rest of Port Charles so here comes Kevin who everyone thought was Ryan at first and even tried to prove it.  Everyone punched him, Felicia feared him etc. eventually though they realized Kevin was a decent man and not Ryan at all.  They made this last for months. However Kevin still had to deal with Ryan's baggage and fell for Lucy a popular character on the show and they became a popular character in return. Kevin ended up being best friends with Mac who was a foil of Ryan's.   Instead they tried to make fetch happen and we'll probably be subjected to a lame retcon ruining what was a compelling story when Ben was the NTK in the first place. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DanaMB said:

But how will they explain the death of the midwife?  Ben took her outside and killed her there, in the middle of nowhere.  And what about us watching Ben kill Will?  

B.S. still smells like crap even if Show renames it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

But how will they explain the death of the midwife?  Ben took her outside and killed her there, in the middle of nowhere.  And what about us watching Ben kill Will?  

B.S. still smells like crap even if Show renames it.

Well this is the same show that we saw Marlena murder half the town of Salem and that was able to be retconned course Marlena had decades of history where that didn't define her.

Ben was another generic soap hunk before the NTK storyline.

• Love 3

So Hope is still Princess Gina and no one has noticed?  Or they know and don't care?

Are we to assume that stupid Lani never told anyone about what Gabi did?

I'm assuming JJ spiralled because Hayley dies.  Do we know if she dies?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Wouldn't it have been a great plot if they just brought RSW back as some random guy who bore a striking resemblance to the serial killer Ben? 

Showing my age here, but this exact scenario happened on Santa Barbara in the late '80s. Eden's rapist [her own gynecologist, which was a whole new level of gross!], Dr. Zack Kelton, was put away.

Then the new DA came to town and bore a striking resemblance to Kelton. His name was Ethan Asher. (And Ethan's wife, Laura, would later have her cheese slip off her cracker, but that's a whole other story.) When Eden's husband, Cruz, first ran into Asher, he ended up pulling his gun on the guy. (Cruz was a cop.) So I guess the show loved Leigh J. McCloskey enough to do that. He would later go on to General Hospital as Damian Smith.

45 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

We don't know but considering that Haley hasn't been mentioned in anything makes me wonder course I still think all this is a weird dream and none of this is real.

I think this may be the escape hatch if this bombs. And it might. See the not-so-permanent vet deaths that were supposed to stick and the whole crappy Melaswen as a result.

• Love 6

I wonder Princess Gina gets to keep her sad not quite a mansion room in that warehouse or wherever Rolf has her set up.  Maybe they go to Pier 1 Imports to dress it up a bit more.  

We haven't seen Hope's house in quite some time right?  Rolf ought to at least give Princess G a four poster bed with draping.  And maybe a clawfoot tub.

rick ross spinning GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Showing my age here, but this exact scenario happened on Santa Barbara in the late '80s. Eden's rapist [her own gynecologist, which was a whole new level of gross!], Dr. Zack Kelton, was put away.

Then the new DA came to town and bore a striking resemblance to Kelton. His name was Ethan Asher. (And Ethan's wife, Laura, would later have her cheese slip off her cracker, but that's a whole other story.) When Eden's husband, Cruz, first ran into Asher, he ended up pulling his gun on the guy. (Cruz was a cop.) So I guess the show loved Leigh J. McCloskey enough to do that. He would later go on to General Hospital as Damian Smith.

I think this may be the escape hatch if this bombs. And it might. See the not-so-permanent vet deaths that were supposed to stick and the whole crappy Melaswen as a result.

Yep which is why I'm not bothered by this like others because lets face it does anyone think Days has the guts to make this stick? If they do I'll legit be surprised but no.

See SB realized even then that the character was past its expiration date in today's version of the show they would try and normalize him and make him like everyone else that people had to accept despite his repeated serial behavior etc.

I did prefer Leigh on GH though Damian was such good bad guy and they actually killed him off and had him stay dead which led to a murder mystery where most of the town were suspects. GH used to be so good once...

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well this is the same show that we saw Marlena murder half the town of Salem and that was able to be retconned course Marlena had decades of history where that didn't define her.

Ben was another generic soap hunk before the NTK storyline.

Yeah ,Ben was a poor man's Austin Reed . Being a serial killer made him somewhat memorable .

IIRC, didnt Stefano have Marlena clones during that "Queen of the Night " saga ? 

I believe he wanted to confuse John and Abe when they were searching for Marlena. He despatched these clones all over America to throw them off Marlena's trail.

JER could have easily made one of these clones the Salem stalker. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2