Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wait, what? I don't understand how it could be not permanent lol. But they do a lot of stupid shit on this show so!

There's a rumor that Dr. Rolf has tricked everyone in Salem into thinking that its a year later and its someone's dream or something to that effect. Plus it may give them an out if this bombs or Days gets renewed.

1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

As for Sami no man wanted her and all wanted Carrie, and when she was 30 all of a sudden, EJ, Lucas and Rafe wanted her.

It also helped that Carrie left the show at the time. 

Regardless Sami still drove story for a good 20 + years and had the show revolve around her for a good while so I'm not really all that sympathetic if she didn't always win.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

As for Sami no man wanted her and all wanted Carrie, and when she was 30 all of a sudden, EJ, Lucas and Rafe wanted her.

It's not really true that no man wanted her.  It's more that she always sabotaged what she had for someone who did not want her.  Brandon truly loved her and she blew that up first chasing Austin and then not trusting him.  

Lucas loved her, but Kate interfered.  And instead of just getting her ish together and winning him back, she began messing with Carrie and Austin again even though Lucas was who she truly wanted. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Wow - I bet even Ari Zucker didn't even buy that nonsense she was spewing! It is TOTALLY about Nicole doing the wrong thing for the WRONG reasons. She IS afraid that Eric will run back to Sarah. And it WILL bite her when the truth comes out - again. She never learns. Also, this whole storyline is ridiculous. Eric and Sarah can still co-parent their child while he and Nicole have a relationship. He doesn't (and shouldn't) have to leave the woman he claims to love to be with a woman he slept with.

• Love 7

This is all they can write for Ericole. Nicole screws up Eric hates her she begs for him to forgive her he does despite knowing she does terrible things to begin with. Rinse repeat. 

Its why I hate the bad girl/good guy couple dynamic on this show. Its the same generic template...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is all they can write for Ericole. Nicole screws up Eric hates her she begs for him to forgive her he does despite knowing she does terrible things to begin with. Rinse repeat. 

Its why I hate the bad girl/good guy couple dynamic on this show. Its the same generic template...

Yup, and it SO boring. I know soaps are predictable, but Nicole keeping a secret from Eric, yada, yada, oy. Spare me. 

But oh, what's this? A complication for Julie? 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Yup, and it SO boring. I know soaps are predictable, but Nicole keeping a secret from Eric, yada, yada, oy. Spare me. 

But oh, what's this? A complication for Julie? 

I like the show to surprise me for a change have Nicole tell the truth for a change and see how Eric reacts or have Eric screw up for a change. I mean if Ericole are going to be a thing at least try and change it up a bit. 

Plus I really don't buy Nicole wanting to keep this from Eric when she has a kid of her own that isn't Eric's.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why does Mister Shin run the whole company when he's just on the board?  His power has never made sense.

I don't know, but assuming he's the board president, he can influence the votes of his fellow board members. And if there's an even number of board members, sometimes the board president gets to make the deciding vote.

• Love 2

Stale, stupid, and blah. The only bright spot is Jack/Jennifer. But even that is marred by Not!Eve still hanging on like a barnacle.

And the Justin/Adrienne stuff sounds nice, but it's clear this show is not invested in them. And if the flash forward rumor is true? Just the cherry on the shit sundae as far as that goes.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Stale, stupid, and blah. The only bright spot is Jack/Jennifer. But even that is marred by Not!Eve still hanging on like a barnacle.

And the Justin/Adrienne stuff sounds nice, but it's clear this show is not invested in them. And if the flash forward rumor is true? Just the cherry on the shit sundae as far as that goes.

I don't think Eve is going to be around much longer I bet she disappears via Time Jump and we won't see her. If they really wanted her in J&J's orbit they should've had JJ/Eve hookup again that would really set Jennifer off..

• Love 3
On 10/9/2019 at 9:18 PM, DisneyBoy said:

It just seems like Judi gets to have more fun playing Bonnie.

Me? I don't give a shit what actors want. WE watch the show. Why should a portion of the audience (because I know some inexplicably like her!) be subjected to fucking cartoon ham Bonnie? I'd rather SHE died than Mickey. (Which brings up that past BS. And I so am NOT looking forward to wacky Bonnie ever again!)

If Adrienne was boring or whatever? There should be writers that can salvage Adrienne. SHE is the character that has the true history on this show. I have ZERO interest in any Lockhart, unless someone is putting a silver bullet and/or stake in any of them to ensure they are most sincerely dead.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 10/10/2019 at 5:24 PM, bobcat1946 said:

I bought it because her body was slanging then and she had those ice cold eyes that were fiery in her expressions. She had a hot sex scene with Brandon right around that transition you mentioned (btw he seemed to like her first) and was riding him and had an hourglass AF body. I must of been in HS but was like “get it, girl”. 

Great Jordan and Gabi will be villianized to prop Horton princesses Ciara and Lani (a sanctimonious Horton Princess now from sexual transmission or being a “pick me” basic like Haley was). I don’t see a problem in Gabi hating Lani personally. On a smarter show it would set up this was Jordan doing this dumb shit to Ciara and it actually being Ben who wasn’t cured after all as a WTF moment. 

I’m excited to see Jack propose to Jen. The only time I’ve ever really liked her was with Jack. I don’t mind if Eve stays. I love KdP (she’s ridiculously kind irl given a lot of money quietly to college students, one I knew when I was on university debate circuit) and she’s so funny I just think she needs to move into Abe’s orbit as a friend or be a frenemy of Xander or Gabi for the humor and “we’re both gray hats and ridiculed” bullshitting sessions. 

Yes Mimi Lockhart needs to never come back. She’s high key horrible and I’ve never found Bonnie amusing except when she and Hattie were trying to get drunk or lit in the urgent care of Salem Hospital, that seemed relatable. 

I still am of the mind a time jump needs a “reason” or turning point. When The OC, Buffy, or OTH did them (nighttime soaps) they had major game changer events to kinda justify or make viewers want to see the jump ahead and fall out like a core linchpin character’s death or every main on an authentic cliffhanger. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Putting this here just in case its spoiler related, but does anyone know if the content on the DOOLapp is filmed recently? Because they posted something with Brandon this evening and he's on the set. 

#lorddontgetmyhopesuphere 😆

No these things are old

But he did post a video from the set on his Instagram story today, so I would think it's possible? He was on his way in at 7am and posted that video around 8 PST. Plus I can remember some of the videos Chandler filmed on there while in wardrobe as Will, and then that wardrobe didn't show up on screen for moooooonths and months afterward.

• Love 2
On 10/13/2019 at 7:49 AM, superdeluxe said:

Something tells me that I’m going to hate Gabi even more than I already do.

Something tells me that I couldn't love Gabi more :):)  I love that she's setting out to destroy Lani--just like Abs before her, there never was a more blandly self-involved  character who deserved to have their life ruined--GO Queen Gabi :):)

• Love 14
10 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

You are supposed to hate her and love Hortons.  Just like the writers want.

8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Something tells me that I couldn't love Gabi more :):)  I love that she's setting out to destroy Lani--just like Abs before her, there never was a more blandly self-involved  character who deserved to have their life ruined--GO Queen Gabi :):)

I just don't want to suffer through another useless, needless, hopeless revenge plot.  It's not even about Gabi vs the Hortons.  I don't care for either one.  Like I said, I've never liked Gabi since day damn one.  Lani doesn't even bother me that much.

But seriously, another revenge plot?  Where everyone else will be dumbed down just so Gabi will look smart?  No.  The Chad one was stupid.  This one is going to be stupid, too.

If they wanted to give Gabi a story until Stefan pops back up alive, give her her miracle pregnancy and then she can deal with that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

I just don't want to suffer through another useless, needless, hopeless revenge plot. 

But seriously, another revenge plot? 

Yea, really. I mean, I'm sure I'll enjoy it for a bit at least because CB is great at it but I wish they'd give Gabi something new. Or at the very least have her interacting with someone new. Like maybe they could join up the tedious, not-needed revenge plots of Gabi and Eve and have them working together just to put something somewhat fresh in these already done plots.

• Love 5

On another board I frequent, people have been posting about Gabi and Eli being together when the time jump occurs?  Does anyone know if this is true?

I really hope it is not.  There is nothing about who they are and what they seem to feel now that would make that at all like one year advanced.  Especially since the fall preview included the Elani wedding. 

I don't want a manipulation based relationship with Eli. I didn't mind Gabi and Eli together. And it certainly to the benefit of Eli's character, He's fairly interesting in scenes with anyone not Lani. But I don't want Gabi used to make Eli interesting, much Lani. Point of fact, there is nothing that could make Lani in her current incarnation interesting.

In short, I'm not inherently against Elabi. But I have no interest in Gabi being in an emotionally empty relationship and less for her to be used to make angst for Elani.

I could see them begining the return from the time jump with several pairings mixed and the mystery they unfold through flashbacks and dialogue is how they came to be. But I maintain, Elani and/or the end of Elani is a thing that couldn't hold my attention with fireworks and a brass band.

And if the flashbacks reveal that Gabi did something underhanded and the whole stupid thing is Elani getting back to each other, this would likely be the death of my Days love.  Hell, it may be the death of me altogether.  I might choke on my own vomit due to being simultaneously lulled unconscious and nauseated.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Just know, I wanted to both like & laugh that post, @RachelKM.

Cheers.  I often wish I could dual respond.  Usually so I can both laugh and cry at the same time; but just the same, I feel you.   Also, when in doubt between like and laugh, I say always laugh. 🙂 

• Love 3

I think I am just hanging around waiting for the jump to see if it holds my interest. It seems that everything is grinding to a slow pace, so it seems to me that the show is also kind of waiting. 

I was trying to honestly think if I actually like any of these people anymore and I really can't come up with anyone. Gabi holds my interest, but if she is stuck in another revenge story, then that has run its course. I liked JJ, but he will be gone. Jack and Jennifer are already boring. And, I just can't handle another sneaky mopey Nicole. So, I guess I answered my own question! I don't like being negative, so maybe I will go back to just reading these boards and a recap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think Lani works better as a crazed desperado then a supposedly sane character given her past actions so I'm all for her being crazy. That being said everyone else on this show that gets airtime is crazy or bad so really how would we tell the difference?!

As I've said many times before I'm just so glad JJ isn't involved and that's truly the ONLY nice thing I can say about any of this.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
On 10/14/2019 at 7:23 PM, howmanywords said:

Putting this here just in case its spoiler related, but does anyone know if the content on the DOOLapp is filmed recently? Because they posted something with Brandon this evening and he's on the set. 

#lorddontgetmyhopesuphere 😆

Just revisiting this; after Brandon was on set yesterday, Martha (who's based in Texas) was in LA today according to Freddie Smith's Instagram story. 😎

• Love 2
15 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I just don't want to suffer through another useless, needless, hopeless revenge plot.  It's not even about Gabi vs the Hortons.  I don't care for either one.  Like I said, I've never liked Gabi since day damn one.  Lani doesn't even bother me that much.

But seriously, another revenge plot?  Where everyone else will be dumbed down just so Gabi will look smart?  No.  The Chad one was stupid.  This one is going to be stupid, too.

If they wanted to give Gabi a story until Stefan pops back up alive, give her her miracle pregnancy and then she can deal with that.

No can do.  Lani and Eli must have a story no matter how much it hurt Gabi.  What else them since writers do not want her to cheat on Eli.  Like she did JJ.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2
On 10/14/2019 at 9:55 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

So she deserves to have her life destroyed just because she's bland?

2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

No can do.  Lani and Eli must have a story no matter how much it hurt Gabi.  What else them since writers do not want her to cheat on Eli.  Like she did JJ.

You say this as if Lani and Eli are some big time airtime hogs. Unlike Gabi, until recently they barely had a storyline for MONTHS. And I'm quite sure this storyline won't really hurt Gabi. The show will bend over backwards to protect her like they have in her recent storylines and the people who dislike her will continue to dislike her and those that adore her will do the same.

Also, if writers can't think of anything to do with a couple then have one of them cheat than that's a failing on the writers part, not necessarily the characters.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

So she deserves to have her life destroyed just because she's bland?

Yes, yes she does :)  I don't know about you, but when I'm watching a TV show, I expect the characters to be interesting and Miss Lani Price is as dull and uninteresting as it gets.  The actress has had multiple storylines to show off her acting ability and she never fails to disappoint.  She could have wowed us during her whole "faking JJ was the father of her baby" storyline but all we got was her smiling in everyone's face, talking about how easy her pregnancy was--there was no hint of worry or guilt or even remorse--and the story fell flat.  

The same with the whole Julie and the heart attack situation--we should be seeing someone conflicted, Lani should have been worried about Julie but also filled with compassion at Gabi's loss, but all we got was an entitled snot making demands--I guess she's the Horton Princess 3.0 and she's not even a Horton.

So yes, I'm going to take my enjoyment where I can get it, and watching CB's Gabi is always a joy.  The woman is a good actress who brings her A game to her storylines--the chick playing Lani does not.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As I've said many times before I'm just so glad JJ isn't involved and that's truly the ONLY nice thing I can say about any of this.

Is JJ going to be gone before the time jump? I can't remember when he is supposedly leaving.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

A-men kitmerlot! Well said!

While we are listing her sins, let us not forget Lani was boring with both Abe and Theo from the moment it was revealed she was a part of their family. So she hasn't just been a bad love interest, but a bad family member too.

She, Rafe and Ben could spend an entire week in a cell filled with leeches and scorpions slowly eating and killing them and I would absolutely love it. Bonus points if Abigail is in there.

The show needs to trim the fat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is JJ going to be gone before the time jump? I can't remember when he is supposedly leaving.

No.  I think he's gone Jan or Feb of next year so that would be after.  I think Eve and Hailey leave around the same time.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Lani didn't cheat on JJ they weren't together he pushed her away after he shot Theo. Which is what made Lani's reaction to JJ/Gabi supposedly sleeping together laughable because even if he did they weren't together.

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

No he and Haley will leave in February(after a possible V-Day wedding); Eve will leave later this month before the TJ.

• Love 2

If I thought this JJ spoiler was going anywhere decent I'd be more excited but its going to be filler much like Haley's 5 second PTSD. Maybe we'll get some good Jack/Jennifer scenes out of it or this is what gets Chad/Abby to return.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4