Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I think she did, to Gabi

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

ROLL THE FILM!

4:56

She didn't just use the word then, either.  She used it again (this time, twice) when she, Lani, and J.J. broke up Gabi's wedding to Eli by exposing the whole pacemaker plot.

• Useful 1

I am beginning to have the sinking feeling that Konsantin's long lost ex wife and Xander's long lost mother are the same person. I don't completely hate it because I think it can work, but I need Kon off my screen and I hope this does not prolong it.

Kon says Catharina died before John came to Salem, so pre 1985 our timeline (god knows what year that was in Salem). He and Mrs Kon married in 1970 and divorced after their daughter's death, then Mrs Kon dropped off the face of the earth.

Victor obviously was around at the same time and had no love for Konstantin. I could see Mrs Kon fearing for her life and asking Victor to help her drop off the grid. Perhaps he even got his brother Titus to help out and that is how they met? Xander was born post 1992 our time. Konstantin said 'he knew Victor had an affair with his brother's wife' but it is possible he did not know she was also his ex wife. No clue if Titus was living in Greece, the States or even Scotland at the time of the affair.

Xander's mother is on her way to town, that is clear, and I have a pretty good idea that Serena Scott Thomas is playing her due to casting spoilers a few weeks back. However Mrs Kon is also being mentioned way too much and you know Steve is still looking for her to bust up the Maggie wedding. I just can't see Mrs Kon being brought to town the same week that Peacock is announcing this casting and they are not the same person.

I still hope I am wrong but Ron loves to intertwine these plots. On the bright side when Catharina turns up alive she won't be an impediment to Xarah so I'm happy about that!

Thoughts? Anybody able to find a way to tell me that this is not inevitable?

• Useful 4

Very solid points Brisby. I can totally see why they'd overlap the two stories, since Victor is the common denominator in all of them, but I also kinda wish they'd keep the Kon stuff in it's own corner.

Xander is a popular character with a long history and it'd be preferable for him to get to have this big reunion without a short-term character (and one with an especially goofy fake accent) squeezing into it.

Plus there have been too many weird character affiliations lately, between all the reveals regarding Ava's kids and Orpheus' kids, etc. Sometimes you don't have to have a new character be someone's sibling AND someone else's ex-lover AND someone else's parent AND someone else's cousin.

My head still hurts when I think of the Lani rewrites. Girl has four parents! Why? Not necessary.

Let Kon's wife be Kon's wife and Xander's Mom be Xander's Mom.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Very solid points Brisby. I can totally see why they'd overlap the two stories, since Victor is the common denominator in all of them, but I also kinda wish they'd keep the Kon stuff in it's own corner.

Xander is a popular character with a long history and it'd be preferable for him to get to have this big reunion without a short-term character (and one with an especially goofy fake accent) squeezing into it.

Plus there have been too many weird character affiliations lately, between all the reveals regarding Ava's kids and Orpheus' kids, etc. Sometimes you don't have to have a new character be someone's sibling AND someone else's ex-lover AND someone else's parent AND someone else's cousin.

My head still hurts when I think of the Lani rewrites. Girl has four parents! Why? Not necessary.

Let Kon's wife be Kon's wife and Xander's Mom be Xander's Mom.

I want that very much, but I don't trust Ron not to combine them, and he is clearly tweaking the scripts again.

The good news is that a Kon Stunt Double was hired and whatever happens to the creep occurs May 15-17, so maybe somebody ends him. If Mrs Kon Cook Kiriakis does it then I welcome her

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I'm hopeful Xander's mother is more of a Kate than a Kristen.

7 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I want that very much, but I don't trust Ron not to combine them, and he is clearly tweaking the scripts again.

How could Ron tweak scripts on episodes that were already filmed though?

Edited by DisneyBoy
21 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm hopeful Xander's mother is more of a Kate than a Kristen.

How could Ron tweak scripts on episodes that were already filmed though?

The strike ended at the end of September. Ron was back in the studio mid October, so anything we are seeing now he was able to push in the way he wanted the stories to go. I noticed right away some of his stories returning at the end of March (the green card wedding, Bella tanking, Li Shin murder, even the mention of Victor's will being in probate: All these were threads he began right before the strike). He won't be full on writing until the June 3rd week, but he already said in November that things would start to move in May for us.

• Useful 1

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Monday, May 6:

Johnny and Chanel have to mull over the options in dealing with her pregnancy.

Paulina is eaten up by guilt over the risk she may have exposed Chanel’s unborn child to.

Jada and Rafe get busy decorating their home.

Sloan admits to EJ that Jude is Eric and Nicole’s baby.

Even though Stephanie objects, Everett publishes an article criticizing Paulina.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Tuesday, May 7:

Maggie announces to Sarah, Xander, and Konstantin that Victor’s will has gone through probate.

Theresa worries that she could lose Alex to Kristen.

Trying to arouse Brady’s jealousy, Kristen is sure to flaunt her relationship with Alex.

Marlena and John fill Steve in on their plan.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Wednesday, May 8:

What they discover about Clyde’s black book has Ava and Harris in shock.

Johnny opens up to EJ about the dangers facing Chanel’s pregnancy.

Sloan gives Melinda the latest on her bid to keep EJ silent.

Eric and Nicole talk about Sloan while they are working on a story.

Sophia tells Holly she wants to go to prom with Tate.

Aaron takes an interest in Sophia.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Thursday, May 9:

Maggie discovers the truth about Konstantin.

Konstantin pushes ahead with his scheme to marry Maggie and tries to put Sarah on his side.

Stefan grudgingly agrees to help Harris and Ava in their plot to take down Clyde.

Stefan gets accused by Xander of setting him up for Harris’ shooting.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Friday, May 10:

Chad and Thomas visit Abigail’s grave on Mother’s Day.

Julie runs into Paulina, who is still upset over Chanel.

Chanel asks Johnny if he wants them to keep the child they have on the way.

Sloan gets a Mother’s Day gift from Eric.

Tate and Theresa are brunching at the Bistro when EJ, Nicole, and Holly walk in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Aaron takes an interest in Sophia.

Maybe it's because I've read too many columns of Carolyn Hinsey's in SOD, but I don't see that going well.  You just don't lay the foundation of couples in which both are newbies until they've been established.  Those don't get accepted very easily.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Maybe it's because I've read too many columns of Carolyn Hinsey's in SOD, but I don't see that going well.  You just don't lay the foundation of couples in which both are newbies until they've been established.  Those don't get accepted very easily.

Nope. They should have had Aaron go after Holly and Sophia after Tate, at least we kind of know them. But I have zero interest in teen plots and will be skipping the lot of them along with Paulina making Chanel's tragedy all about her.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Jada and Rafe get busy decorating their home.

I'm excited for this lol. 

Do we know when Abigail is showing up? I've been dreading it for months, just put me out of my misery!

I'm interested in the new teen. And I am not immediately against them pairing the 2 newbies personally. I usually prefer newer characters anyway.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
(edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 5:40 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I'm interested in the new teen. And I am not immediately against them pairing the 2 newbies personally. I usually prefer newer characters anyway.

It's just really weird to me that they're not giving the audience time to know them first.  Sometimes, it works, though rarely.  For example, when they brought on Noah Bennett and Fancy Crane and Passions and paired them up when they were both new to the viewers, they actually did surprisingly work.  But it takes a sort of lightning-in-a-bottle thing to make all-newbie couples work off the bat.

I don't see Aaron and Sophia working right away.  I like Sophia so far, though, so I'll give it a slight chance.  But we still have yet to meet Aaron.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 2
57 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm excited for this lol. 

Do we know when Abigail is showing up? I've been dreading it for months, just put me out of my misery!

Abigail should be soon. June I think 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That was my thought exactly!! 😅

The last thing this show needed was more Abifail. Are they just going to continue to bring back all the failed characters?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Badger said:

i think abigail's  ghost will be healing Chanel and Johnny's baby.

If we have to have Abigail back, I vastly prefer her to be a dead Abigail.  Maybe Chad can trap her spirit inside an empty bottle of Bud Light and her spirit can then only be summoned with three belches.

As for Chanel and Johnny's baby, I'm sure it'll be cured by Paulina.  Because she can do ANYTHING.  If not, then they should belch three times and summon the spirit of Abigail.

Gosh oh golly GEE, a teen summer storyline, be still my aching ass.  Teen storylines anymore seem to be written by an alien species who learned everything they know about teenagers from watching old 80's After School Specials with an episode or two of Saved By the Bell.  Now, if they want to bring back Eve Donovan and have her seduce the 30-something Tate, I'd be willing to see what it goes.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7

That's...her nephew.

Yeah its hard to get invested in the teens when they're usually butchered within three months.

Chanel and Johnny *just* got remarried. Is it really necessary for them to be pregnant already? 

• Like 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, boes said:

Gosh oh golly GEE, a teen summer storyline, be still my aching ass.  Teen storylines anymore seem to be written by an alien species who learned everything they know about teenagers from watching old 80's After School Specials with an episode or two of Saved By the Bell.  Now, if they want to bring back Eve Donovan and have her seduce the 30-something Tate, I'd be willing to see what it goes.

I think Ashley Puzemis does a pretty good job of taking what they're giving her and making Holly seem like an actual teenage girl who lives in 2024 (or is it 2025?), but New Tate has those "grown up child star" vibes where he can't really act like a relateable teenager because he never really was one.

I really, really hope they don't go the route of "Aaron tries to force himself on Sophie during Prom and Tate comes to the rescue." Please. That plot has been so overdone. I think I still have PSTD from Chase and Ciara.

EDIT: On the other hand though, rescuing Sophia WOULD give Tate a good reason to show off his karate skills, so maybe?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Everyone is saying he's supposed to be Dario.

I'd heard other ramblngs that the character's name is Javi.

4 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Everyone is saying he's supposed to be Dario.

Rather than de-aging Dario after he was aged up (and stuck with having a thing/marriage with Abby), they should make him a Hernandez cousin or another half-sibling from Rafe & Gabi's dad, or just make him Rafe long lost son.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Rather than de-aging Dario after he was aged up (and stuck with having a thing/marriage with Abby), they should make him a Hernandez cousin or another half-sibling from Rafe & Gabi's dad, or just make him Rafe long lost son.

Maybe he could be a son of Dario's or Arianna the First that we never knew about. Lindsey Hartley is old enough that she could have had a 20-something kid she gave up at birth.

Or we could simply decide that Daddy Hernandez was spreading his seed more than everyone thought he was. 

I mean, I'm not opposed to this because Tripp is leaving and so far the only 20-something male left would be Johnny.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Javi, and Leo's new boyfriend, unfortunately

So, are we back to having to pretend Leo is a hot young thing or are they going the cougar route with him lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • LOL 3
59 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Javi, and Leo's new boyfriend, unfortunately

He's moving on from Dimitri awfully quickly. . . .

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That's...her nephew.

Well......I admit, I forgot about that part.  But, considering that Kristen married her brother, maybe that wouldn't be all THAT far out of the Salem comfort zone?

47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

So, are we back to having to pretend Leo is a hot young thing and are they going the cougar route with him lol.

Show better abandon the "hot young thing" if they keep having him refer to the Golden Girls and other 70 and 80's pop culture icons.  Leo as Ron C'.s alter-ego stand-in got old fast and is getting older by the day.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, boes said:

If we have to have Abigail back, I vastly prefer her to be a dead Abigail.  Maybe Chad can trap her spirit inside an empty bottle of Bud Light and her spirit can then only be summoned with three belches.

As for Chanel and Johnny's baby, I'm sure it'll be cured by Paulina.  Because she can do ANYTHING.  If not, then they should belch three times and summon the spirit of Abigail.

She's his aunt so no.

However given how Days recycles storylines I can see another rival of Theresa's she's not related to do this. Then Theresa can do with Jennifer did and try and smother her with a pillow after catching them in bed together.

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Maybe he could be a son of Dario's or Arianna the First that we never knew about. Lindsey Hartley is old enough that she could have had a 20-something kid she gave up at birth.

Or we could simply decide that Daddy Hernandez was spreading his seed more than everyone thought he was. 

I mean, I'm not opposed to this because Tripp is leaving and so far the only 20-something male left would be Johnny.

That wouldn't be farfetched considering he fathered Paige after he left his kids. Of course that was a wasted paternity reveal tbh. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That wouldn't be farfetched considering he fathered Paige after he left his kids. Of course that was a wasted paternity reveal tbh. 

Rafe and Gabi barely seem to even remember their ill-fated baby sister. LOL

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Especially since we only learned that after she died.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Chanel and Johnny *just* got remarried. Is it really necessary for them to be pregnant already? 

Only necessary to complicate the situation of radiation exposure...and the extra drama of maintaining (or not) the pregnancy.

• Like 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, Rodney said:

Especially since we only learned that after she died.

Exactly it had potential beforehand. I would've liked to have seen Eduardo/Eve together tbh.  Goodness knows it went downhill for her after that.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 4
(edited)

Maggie/Marlena interacting like this is something. You would've never guessed that they shared a now deceased grandchild and that Marlena's son killed Maggie's in a drunk driving accident given the lack of interaction.  Yet this is what brings them in each other's orbit. I guess.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 4/29/2024 at 5:40 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Do we know when Abigail is showing up? I've been dreading it for months, just put me out

Now at least it makes sense, Abigail's "return" will be as a ghost/angel, but with the actual actor, rather than the silly excuse of an apparition that appeared to Abe and Paulina.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, so it’s just a short visit then. Good to hear; I thought she was coming back long term.

Um....

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, so it’s just a short visit then. Good to hear; I thought she was coming back long term.

As Kate or Marci?

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

As Kate or Marci?

I doubt if it is Kate as she is on contract over at GH and has been for the past year. So even with Days months ahead filming, she was already on GH since May 2023.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Rodney said:

As Kate or Marci?

Neither 

8 hours ago, Artsda said:

When is AannaLynn McL coming? I'd be shocked if she's not new Abby.

June I think. Matt and Cady are back a bit after too so I think you are right 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I just realized that ALM's character is named Marin and it made me wonder if this is a shoutout to Hannah Marin of Pretty Little Liars played by Ashley Benson(who was teen Abby). 

After that I realized that she's probably playing Abby. While I admit to not caring about Abby that much if they want Chad to have a love interest, he's pretty lost without her as a character in that department. After Stephanie I realize Chad/Abby weren't as bad in comparison. If they are resurrecting Abby is JJ going to be allowed to find out onscreen his sister is alive or...

• Like 2

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Monday, May 13:

Eric and Nicole have a run-in with Leo that they were not expecting.

Sloan and EJ have to face facts about Jude.

Jada fills Rafe in about her old life with Bobby.

Stephanie and Everett get nostalgic about the recent past.

Kristen has some questions for Ava about the demise of Li and Gil.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Tuesday, May 14:

Tate wants to know why Holly hasn’t been answering his texts.

Brady’s feelings for Kristen are questioned by Marlena.

Theresa tells Alex that she wants them to be together.

Hoping to clear Gabi’s name, Rafe and Jada have a meeting with Stefan and Kristen.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Wednesday, May 15:

Eric and Nicole work together on an article about the homeless of Salem.

Chad finds Abigail’s journal.

Drunk Leo faces some serious questions from Sloan when she corners him about tipping EJ off on the baby swap.

Rafe gives EJ his theory about who bumped off Li.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Thursday, May 16:

Sarah is treated to a little scavenger hunt thanks to Xander.

Maggie suggests that Alex hasn’t been pulling his weight at work, and Theresa tries to keep things cool.

John and Marlena mull over where Victor’s wealth is going to end up and worry about how Konstantin will react.

Jada informs Steve and Kayla of the new evidence implicating Clyde.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Friday, May 17:

When he fails at getting EJ to reopen Li Shin’s murder case, Stefan turns to Paulina for help.

Steve demands to know what Ava knows about Clyde’s whereabouts.

John offers Eric help with Jude.

Nicole tries to make things right with Holly following their Mother’s Day fight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
56 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Sloan and EJ have to face facts about Jude.

I'm curious what this will mean. Are we going to get a lowkey, realistic, reasonable wrap-up to this storyline? Would that feel like a letdown after all these months of dragging it out? Or are we getting a big theatrical showdown ending that could feel campy and silly even though it's a big enough climax to justify the months of storytelling?

Which approach would you rather see - big or small?

• Like 1