Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Tripp and Wendy exercise in the park.

Seriously, what the fuck? I need to know why these 2 get so much completely pointless screen time.

Eric faces Sloan about being late with her rent.

Um, what lol?

• LOL 4
On 3/31/2024 at 5:24 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Xander kidnapped Bonnie and even she doesn't care anymore so I'm sure people can get over what Theresa did lol.

Actually, might be kinda interesting if Xander gives her some grace once he finds out she technically kidnapped Victoria. He should. 

I really don't see that happening. There's no way that Xander is going to get over the fact that Theresa KIDNAPPED his own child. He's not going to care if Konstantin pressured her into it or not or if she might have had reservations about it. He's going to teach her a lesson one way or another. I mean this is the guy that almost choked her to death at her own wedding years ago. I won't be surprised if he hires somebody to basically scare Theresa out of town for good by threatening to have her shot on sight if she ever returns to Salem so she needs to hide out in California forever and never see any of her loved ones ever again. Sure Sarah might get mad at him for it but who cares? And besides, there will be plenty of people that are going to be so pissed at her (including Maggie, Justin, Brady and Tate), by that point that they won't even care if Xander basically drove her out of town. They will be glad that she's gone. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Paulina and Abe get themselves ready to face her radioactive iodine treatment.

If she gets superpowers, I'm out.

Chanel and Johnny head to the Horton cabin for their honeymoon.

FINALLY! (Remember when soaps had good love scenes like...every week?)

Konstantin turns up the charm for Maggie.

How much further can he go? He cooks, he flatters...what's next? Fluffing her hair?

Eric faces Sloan about being late with her rent.

Is this the kind of roleplay they get into?

...on the other hand, what exactly IS Eric's job right now? How is he earning his keep?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I really don't see that happening. There's no way that Xander is going to get over the fact that Theresa KIDNAPPED his own child. He's not going to care if Konstantin pressured her into it or not or if she might have had reservations about it. He's going to teach her a lesson one way or another. I mean this is the guy that almost choked her to death at her own wedding years ago. I won't be surprised if he hires somebody to basically scare Theresa out of town for good by threatening to have her shot on sight if she ever returns to Salem so she needs to hide out in California forever and never see any of her loved ones ever again. Sure Sarah might get mad at him for it but who cares? And besides, there will be plenty of people that are going to be so pissed at her (including Maggie, Justin, Brady and Tate), by that point that they won't even care if Xander basically drove her out of town. They will be glad that she's gone. 

You're probably right. Xander will be a complete hypocrite like everyone else in Salem lol. Would be nice if they'd let him recognize he's done far worse so who is he to judge though.

43 minutes ago, oceanblue said:

Brady forgave Kristin for kidnapping Tate from Teresa's womb so I think Victoria's run through the park is no biggie for this show.

Really. It's feel like literally nothing tbh. The only other thing she's done is change a paternity reveal to try to steal money from Alex. Which who cares lol. I honestly don't see how she's done anything near as bad as most of the other characters, some of which are practically treated as saints.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Applause 3

As far as Xander forgiving Theresa goes, kidnapping is low on the list once he finds out that she was behind the whole "let's change Victor's will so we can decide who gets the money and to learn that he is a true heir and Victor's son" plot. And, just when is that going to happen or have they forgotten that completely? Going back to California will be too good for her, but she sure can't stay in Salem. (Although, if she ever leaves, does that mean that suddenly Gwen will be back? I hope not, but it probably does.)

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

As far as Xander forgiving Theresa goes, kidnapping is low on the list once he finds out that she was behind the whole "let's change Victor's will so we can decide who gets the money and to learn that he is a true heir and Victor's son" plot. And, just when is that going to happen or have they forgotten that completely? Going back to California will be too good for her, but she sure can't stay in Salem. (Although, if she ever leaves, does that mean that suddenly Gwen will be back? I hope not, but it probably does.)

It is not about the money even. For Xander it will be all about having to deal with the fact that this man who abused him his whole life was his father, knew it, and treated him the way he did. On top of that we have Justin, a completely decent guy who basically lost his son for a year. Even if you hate Xander, that is just so very wrong

And Sarah will be the one furious about the Victoria kidnapping, and rightfully so. One could say she 'kidnapped' Rachel but she had literally found out her baby wasn't her baby and ultimately gave her back to Kristen to be used as a tool to obtain Brady for the next 18 years. Poor Rachel. So better off with Sarah, Xander and Eric as parents.

As for the big reveal. It was filmed in January so will air in July. It was at Theresa and Alex's wedding, so you know that will be fun. Andrew is there to give away the bride and I imagine he will also reveal the kidnapping plot. Ron's scripts start airing again June 1st so he got right back into it. The Jude reveal is around the same time I believe. 

The replacement writers could not continue any of Ron's stuff, so that is why we got the umbrella drug story that literally began December 27th when Ron's scripts ended. That will wrap up May 31 and the characters essentially have to be back where they were, plot wise, at December 27th. I have enjoyed the character development and longer scenes. I wish Sheri had been able to do the two big reveals though.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I agree; I rather have her go to prison and I also want her to suffer horribly in prison with people beating the crap out of her just like what happened with Gabi. Maybe she'll end up so badly injured that she'll never be able to have kids ever again and maybe she'll also end up in a permanent coma just like Jan Spears did. That would be sweet justice. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

(Although, if she ever leaves, does that mean that suddenly Gwen will be back? I hope not, but it probably does.)

I'd gladly take Gwen back. Please! This recast is excruciatingly lame.

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

It was filmed in January so will air in July. It was at Theresa and Alex's wedding, so you know that will be fun. Andrew is there to give away the bride and I imagine he will also reveal the kidnapping plot. Ron's scripts start airing again June 1st so he got right back into it. The Jude reveal is around the same time I believe. 

The replacement writers could not continue any of Ron's stuff, so that is why we got the umbrella drug story that literally began December 27th when Ron's scripts ended. That will wrap up May 31 and the characters essentially have to be back where they were, plot wise, at December 27th. I have enjoyed the character development and longer scenes. I wish Sheri had been able to do the two big reveals though.

JULY!?!

Laaaaawd, give me strength...

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'd gladly take Gwen back. Please! This recast is excruciatingly lame.

JULY!?!

Laaaaawd, give me strength...

It's 3 months away which doesn't seem as long as you would think since it's already April.

On 4/1/2024 at 7:07 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Seriously, what the fuck? I need to know why these 2 get so much completely pointless screen time.

You know they're leaving. You won't have to deal with it for too much longer. I'd personally much rather watch those two do ANYTHING than have to watch characters like Xander, Kristen, Leo, etc. 

9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

You're probably right. Xander will be a complete hypocrite like everyone else in Salem lol. Would be nice if they'd let him recognize he's done far worse so who is he to judge though.

Xander's already one of the biggest hypocrites in Salem. The jerkwad got all mad because Marlena badmouthed him to Sarah. You know, Marlena, the woman he SHOT and almost KILLED. The same sanctimonious tool who had the audacity to get in Alex's face about how he treats women. You know, Xander, that bastion of woman's rights - when he's not shooting them, kidnapping them, or attempting to rape them. Being a hypocrite about Theresa conning him is right in his wheelhouse.

8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

It is not about the money even. For Xander it will be all about having to deal with the fact that this man who abused him his whole life was his father, knew it, and treated him the way he did. On top of that we have Justin, a completely decent guy who basically lost his son for a year. Even if you hate Xander, that is just so very wrong

As someone who vehemently hates Xander, I can admit Justin was given the shaft, but I don't care about Xander's hurt feelings one bit. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I blame Alex for Justin’s plain.  Justin raised him.   There was never a reason for Alex to stop calling him dad or to treat him like crap. 

Jmho random I know but I am catching up 

Wendi is a better character than given credit.   She wasn’t afraid of crazy Ava even standing up to her threats.    She is smart.  She works.   She isn’t obsessed with a man.  She is loyal to her family. She also is willing to lie to protect the ones she loves.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Xander's already one of the biggest hypocrites in Salem. The jerkwad got all mad because Marlena badmouthed him to Sarah. You know, Marlena, the woman he SHOT and almost KILLED. The same sanctimonious tool who had the audacity to get in Alex's face about how he treats women. You know, Xander, that bastion of woman's rights - when he's not shooting them, kidnapping them, or attempting to rape them. Being a hypocrite about Theresa conning him is right in his wheelhouse.

As someone who vehemently hates Xander, I can admit Justin was given the shaft, but I don't care about Xander's hurt feelings one bit. 

I actually do like Xander.  But everything that you said is why I won't care about his hurt feelings, either, once this all comes out.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Really. It's feel like literally nothing tbh. The only other thing she's done is change a paternity reveal to try to steal money from Alex. Which who cares lol. I honestly don't see how she's done anything near as bad as most of the other characters, some of which are practically treated as saints.

2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

You know they're leaving. You won't have to deal with it for too much longer. I'd personally much rather watch those two do ANYTHING than have to watch characters like Xander, Kristen, Leo, etc. 

I don’t think this is solely about “who’s done anything or not as bad as most others” discussion. As the daughter of supercouple Kimberly and Shane, Theresa has always been a legacy character unlike the recurring Xander who only became regular after he was paired with Sarah. As in the case of soaps, characters who was originally brought on temporary basis was often villainous (i.e. Steve). So I could at least understand the reasoning behind Xander being written as a villian. 

Theresa’s personality was the total opposite of her beloved parents. Her actions proved to be heinous for a legacy character. She was a drug addict, a chameleon, a liar and a murder who used emotional deception and manipulation to achieve self-serving goals. She stole money from hospital funds to pay her drug expenses. Upon being discovered by Jennifer, she vowed to seek revenge by throwing herself at Dr. Dan the Tan and later JJ. Theresa had threatened her supposedly good buddy JJ that she’d show the video of him using substances to the judge, which could have sent him to prison (he was already on probation). She also embezzled money from Brady after getting intimate with him and was responsible for attempted murder of John that put him into a coma. Even worse, she informed the police that Brady was the one who tried to kill his own father.

Oddly enough, John was reprimanded by some old-time user years back for being an asshole to Theresa without actually acknowledging their history. Ironically, the person was also the one who constantly torn John and Carrie to shreds for “treating Sami badly” while deliberately ignoring her eternally despicable treatment of the two persons who were like her second father and second mother while Marlena and Roman were absent.

This is no mean my attempted justification of Xander’s past deeds or giving a standing ovation to his relationship with Sarah, though I do think a nuanced and balanced character assessment might be refreshing once in a while.

Edited by Sunrain
adding few
  • Useful 3
24 minutes ago, Sunrain said:

I don’t think this is solely about “who’s done anything or not as bad as most others” discussion. As the daughter of supercouple Kimberly and Shane, Theresa has always been a legacy character unlike the recurring Xander who only became regular after he was paired with Sarah. As in the case of soaps, characters who was originally brought on temporary basis was often villainous (i.e. Steve). So I could at least understand the reasoning behind Xander being written as a villian. 

Theresa’s personality was the total opposite of her beloved parents. Her actions proved to be heinous for a legacy character. She was a drug addict, a chameleon, a liar and a murder who used emotional deception and manipulation to achieve self-serving goals. She stole money from hospital funds to pay her drug expenses. Upon being discovered by Jennifer, she vowed to seek revenge by throwing herself at Dr. Dan the Tan and later JJ. Theresa had threatened her supposedly good buddy JJ that she’d show the video of him using substances to the judge, which could have sent him to prison (he was already on probation). She also embezzled money from Brady after getting intimate with him and was responsible for attempted murder of John that put him into a coma. Even worse, she informed the police that Brady was the one who tried to kill his own father.

Oddly enough, John was reprimanded by some old-time user years back for being an asshole to Theresa without actually acknowledging their history. Ironically, the person was also the one who constantly torn John and Carrie to shreds for “treating Sami badly” while deliberately ignoring her eternally despicable treatment of the two persons who were like her second father and second mother while Marlena and Roman were absent.

This is no mean my attempted justification of Xander’s past deeds or giving a standing ovation to his relationship with Sarah, though I do think a nuanced and balanced character assessment might be refreshing once in a while.

The show has referenced a lot of the shady stuff Theresa has done. I think her being in cahoots with Konstantin and screwing people over for money is pretty slimy. I won't shed any tears over her being read the riot act by Justin, Alex, Maggie, etc. But, like I said, I still don't care one iota about how she's hurt Xander in this. Xander is usually unrepentant about the people he's hurt and has barely expressed remorse to half of them. I'm happy when he gets a little karma back.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

As someone who vehemently hates Xander

....such a person exists!?

Look, he's definitely done many awful things, many, but on the other hand, he's a classic soap opera hunky bad guy with an accent type who has earned his place among the cast and knows how to be funny, menacing and romantic.

If only certain costars could learn one of those skills.

I even like him more because - Chloe aside - his victims are permitted to hate him even years later.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I even like him more because - Chloe aside - his victims are permitted to hate him even years later.

And they still do, because he still has yet to apologize to most of them.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Rodney said:

And they still do, because he still has yet to apologize to most of them.

He apologized to Brady. And meant it. I think that one was important

Look, everyone on the show is a criminal. Theresa tried to kill John, and sent Xander to jail for a fake rape. Eric helped abduct Stefan last year and killed Saint Daniel, Brady blackmailed Nicole and fried Stefan's brain. Everyone treats them well. Only Maggie Chanel and Sarah speak to Xander apart from his coworkers. And everybody in town is a hypocrite at this point. My standards are low: don't be boring. Xander is always entertaining so he's my fave 💓

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

He apologized to Brady. And meant it.

For the baby switch, yes.  For trying to kill him in Canada, no.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Look, everyone on the show is a criminal … And everybody in town is a hypocrite at this point. My standards are low: don't be boring.

Exactly. The characters are all bad people who have no leg to stand on. I only need them to entertain me lol. And pretty much all of them sometimes do and sometimes don’t. It all ebbs and flows.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

....such a person exists!?

Look, he's definitely done many awful things, many, but on the other hand, he's a classic soap opera hunky bad guy with an accent type who has earned his place among the cast and knows how to be funny, menacing and romantic.

If only certain costars could learn one of those skills.

I think there are other actors in the cast who are WAY better actors, but yes, they can also be funny and romantic (I don't think Xander's that funny and I've hated most of his romances - I thought Gwen was his best fit because she was just as horrid as he is.) Personally, I don't think being able to be menacing is that high a priority. His accent does nothing for me (the same way I feel about old and new EJ) because his detestable characteristics outweigh the sexiness of his accent. And I don't think of him as a classic soap bad guy. I know there are soap opera bad guys who have been reformed after doing horrific things (Jack from this show, Luke from GH), but Xander lacks what many of them did - lack of remorse and earning forgiveness. I find Sarah so pathetic now because she forgave Xander. After all, he found out Victoria was his kid and claimed that NOW he would change his ways for good. Having a kid doesn't automatically change you - otherwise, Stefano would have been changed by the hundreds of kids he had. 

His victims are allowed to hate him - when he's not turning to them for love and parenting advice. 

4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

He apologized to Brady. And meant it. I think that one was important

Look, everyone on the show is a criminal. Theresa tried to kill John, and sent Xander to jail for a fake rape. Eric helped abduct Stefan last year and killed Saint Daniel, Brady blackmailed Nicole and fried Stefan's brain. Everyone treats them well. Only Maggie Chanel and Sarah speak to Xander apart from his coworkers. And everybody in town is a hypocrite at this point. My standards are low: don't be boring. Xander is always entertaining so he's my fave 💓

I can't remember why he apologized to Brady, but that's a rarity from him.

No offense to you, but I HATE the "everyone is a criminal" thing because there are degrees of crimes and degrees of wrong behavior. Like committing adultery is wrong but not on the same level as kidnapping or rape. Comparing Eric kidnapping Stefan or even killing Daniel to the stuff Xander has done doesn't work. They didn't go about it in the best way, but they were trying to erase Stefan's brainwashing. Even Stefan was ultimately grateful for what they did. Plus, Stefan's a rapist, so I kind of don't care that his brain got fried. Eric was not only profusely sorry for what he did to Daniel, but he went to jail for it. Unlike Xander, who has skated for every single crime he's committed. Brady was also sorry for blackmailing Nicole, and they got past it. As I've said, Xander's lack of genuine remorse for his actions is a big part of why I detest him. Sarah and Maggie are probably some of the only people he speaks to because they're the only people he cares about hurting.

I want to be entertained, but I can be entertained by good characters, and I have things that are dealbreakers for me. Like rape (I think the only reason I like Jack is because the rape happened so long before I started watching. Plus, he never ended up with his victim, and he actually felt remorse and grew and changed), attempted rape, or being a serial killer.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 4/2/2024 at 1:09 PM, MissPhoenixGirl said:

just like Jan Spears did

I had all but forgotten about the Jan Spears storyline. Was this last one ever resolved, or is she still boating somewhere?

(edited)
19 hours ago, Sunrain said:

You know, it's really amazing that with all of the horrible things that Theresa's done over the years that she's managed to last this long on this show. I think that if she wasn't a legacy character, (and wasn't played by such a likable and charismatic actress, at least imo), she probably would've been killed off or maybe shipped off to prison to live out the rest of her days a long time ago. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Rodney said:

For the baby switch, yes.  For trying to kill him in Canada, no.

Did Brady apologize to Viv for burying her alive? To Stefan for frying his brain with a toaster? Nope. Do I care? Also nope. Xander apologized for the baby which was relevant at the time, and it wasn't even his idea or plan, he did it all to please Victor.

5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think there are other actors in the cast who are WAY better actors, but yes, they can also be funny and romantic (I don't think Xander's that funny and I've hated most of his romances - I thought Gwen was his best fit because she was just as horrid as he is.) Personally, I don't think being able to be menacing is that high a priority. His accent does nothing for me (the same way I feel about old and new EJ) because his detestable characteristics outweigh the sexiness of his accent. And I don't think of him as a classic soap bad guy. I know there are soap opera bad guys who have been reformed after doing horrific things (Jack from this show, Luke from GH), but Xander lacks what many of them did - lack of remorse and earning forgiveness. I find Sarah so pathetic now because she forgave Xander. After all, he found out Victoria was his kid and claimed that NOW he would change his ways for good. Having a kid doesn't automatically change you - otherwise, Stefano would have been changed by the hundreds of kids he had. 

His victims are allowed to hate him - when he's not turning to them for love and parenting advice. 

I can't remember why he apologized to Brady, but that's a rarity from him.

No offense to you, but I HATE the "everyone is a criminal" thing because there are degrees of crimes and degrees of wrong behavior. Like committing adultery is wrong but not on the same level as kidnapping or rape. Comparing Eric kidnapping Stefan or even killing Daniel to the stuff Xander has done doesn't work. They didn't go about it in the best way, but they were trying to erase Stefan's brainwashing. Even Stefan was ultimately grateful for what they did. Plus, Stefan's a rapist, so I kind of don't care that his brain got fried. Eric was not only profusely sorry for what he did to Daniel, but he went to jail for it. Unlike Xander, who has skated for every single crime he's committed. Brady was also sorry for blackmailing Nicole, and they got past it. As I've said, Xander's lack of genuine remorse for his actions is a big part of why I detest him. Sarah and Maggie are probably some of the only people he speaks to because they're the only people he cares about hurting.

I want to be entertained, but I can be entertained by good characters, and I have things that are dealbreakers for me. Like rape (I think the only reason I like Jack is because the rape happened so long before I started watching. Plus, he never ended up with his victim, and he actually felt remorse and grew and changed), attempted rape, or being a serial killer.

I remember Jack raping Kayla, and I loathed him for years, but he earned his redemption. So has Xander. And it wasn't about Victoria, it was about losing Sarah due to his own stupidity. He has not put a foot wrong since she divorced him, and that includes 6 months with Chloe where he worked at the paper, listened to her cry about Brady, and ultimately wanted to build a normal life with her. He also turned down a whack load of money from EJ to kill Ava because he could not handle another death on his conscience. If that is not remorse and change I don't know what you are looking for.

And you may not care about what Brady and Eric did to Stefan, but it was still awful, they could have caused him perma brain damage.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

You know, it's really amazing that with all of the horrible things that Theresa's done over the years that she's managed to last this long on this show. I think that if she wasn't a legacy character, (and wasn't played by such a likable and charismatic actress, at least imo), she probably would've been killed off or maybe shipped off to prison to live out the rest of her days a long time ago. 

Theresa has been offscreen for most of it so that helps.

I do agree about not really feeling that bad for Xander. I mean Alex may be a tool but I will never understand why I was supposed to believe he's worse towards women than Xander is. Alex is at least honest about being a womanizer if he lied to these women and made them think he cared that would be another story but he didn't.

I do agree I don't like how he treated Justin here but this is a show problem where if you aren't biologically related the relationship doesn't matter unless its Jarlena and their kids.

• Like 6
(edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 7:41 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

When did Xander attempt to rape anybody? He made it very clear when he was married to Nicole that this was one line he would never cross. She was never in danger of being raped and she knew it.

As opposed to Kristen, Ava and EJ who are all rapists and don't care. I'll take Xander over them.

Also, Theresa bashed John over the head, put him in a coma, and framed Brady for it, and John still talks to her kindly and lets her stay in his home. I think Jarlena being occasionally civil to Xander is less baffling than that one.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Agreed. Jen Lilly is the only salvageable quality of Theresa. I've seen her in several Hallmark romance and Lifetime films, she was totally convincing as a good and caring mother (JL has a natural gift for working with child actors).

@FilmTVGeek80 The essential classic soap anti-hero/bad guy formula cherished by many back in the day cannot fully apply to present-day situation because those in charge cannot create a character or full story of redemption both worthy and authentic. Paul Telfer should not shoulder that responsibility for production team and management. Daytime Soaps use to be a stage of wonders where even Ronn Moss or Antonio Sabato Jr could shine occasionally with good writing, unless the actor is a 100% charisma vacuum. IMO PT is charismatic and has improved massively in on-screen romance department, unlike certain actors who still can't get it right after pairing up with multiple female costars. 

Edited by Sunrain
fixing
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Sunrain said:

Agreed. Jen Lilly is the only salvageable quality of Theresa. I've seen her in several Hallmark romance and Lifetime films, she was totally convincing as a good and caring mother (JL has a natural gift for working with child actors).

@FilmTVGeek80 The essential classic soap anti-hero/bad guy formula cherished by many back in the day cannot fully apply to present-day situation because those in charges cannot create a character or full story of redemption both worthy and authentic. Paul Telfer should not shoulder that responsibility for production team and management. Daytime Soaps use to be a stage of wonders where even Ronn Moss or Antonio Sabato Jr could shine occasionally with good writing, unless the actor is a 100% charisma vacuum.

Ronn Moss lol. Remember when they brought in Lane Davies to sub for him? Talk about a contrast 

And the show will never do the kind of writing now that they gave Matt Ashford in 1990, but I think the development in Xander over the last 5 years has been significant, including believable lapses in judgement. I remember Marlena doing a psych profile on him in 2016 and saying Victor had created a monster with his treatment of Xander as a child. I'm really looking forward to him finding out how much of a betrayal that really was

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Monday, April 15:

Trapped in the Horton Cabin by snow, Johnny and Chanel’s honeymoon gets crashed by Julie.

Brady and Theresa warn Tate to stay away from Holly.

Sloan gets hired by Stefan for his defense.

EJ addresses the public in a press conference.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Tuesday, April 16:

Chanel goes missing during the snowstorm, inspiring panic in Julie and Johnny.

Sarah checks on how the treatment is going for Paulina.

Chad and Xander bar EJ’s exit as he attempts to avoid journalists.

Harris helps Ava pack for her move.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Wednesday, April 17:

Paulina gets involved with the search for Chanel.

After getting some more details about what John was doing in Aria, Marlena hopes that he’s ready to hear the truth about what happened.

Eric gets confused when he examines the state of his and Sloan’s finances.

Konstantin starts to panic after he loses something meaningful.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Thursday, April 18:

Theresa gets some bad news from Alex about Bella.

In a bid to keep Konstantin in the States, Maggie takes drastic action.

Kristen and Stefan scheme for a way to prevent EJ from ending up in CEO suite at DiMera.

Wendy admits to Tripp that she’s afraid.

Ava and Harris plot how to sneak into the Bistro and swipe Gil’s black book for Clyde.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Friday, April 19:

Jada listens in as Rafe urges Everett to sign the divorce papers.

Marlena and John look after Jude.

Chad and Thomas spend some time together as a family.

Everett lies to Stephanie’s face when he claims that the hypnosis therapy is working out.

Maggie and Konstantin talk about their upcoming walk down the aisle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, tribeca said:

What? Why? 

He is having green card issues and apparently Maggie really enjoys having him around. Unlike the rest of humanity

20 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Wendy admits to Tripp that she’s afraid.

Didn't I say I need this crap to stop? Enough already

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Julie crashing Johnny/Chanel's honeymoon is probably the best spoiler because it's random character interaction and has the potential to be hilarious.

Maggie being taken by Kon makes sense at her age. She's lonely and wants to fill that void. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
20 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Julie crashing Johnny/Chanel's honeymoon is probably the best spoiler because it's random character interaction and has the potential to be hilarious.

Right! I hope it's fun.

• Like 4

Maggie has  always been a smart lady I hope she is the one doing the con.  This is also not how getting a green card works anymore so it’s time to update that storyline.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Maggie looks like a moron in this story and keep believing this con. Hopefully Theresa stops it or Xander. 

Stefan and Kristen against EJ for Dimera again? Nobody asked for that back.  Stefan the cop killer needs to pay and go offscreen for awhile. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

So apparently's Doug funeral will happen next December (!!!) around the time of the 15,000th episode celebrations.

I swear, we haven't had ONE Christmas in Salem these last few years that wasn't marred by depressing storylines (Doc/Kayla/Kate dying, Doc possessed) or actors passing away (John A, Joe M).

I mean, obviously this can't really be helped, but still....DAYS Decembers are such a bummer!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Maggie has  always been a smart lady I hope she is the one doing the con.  This is also not how getting a green card works anymore so it’s time to update that storyline.  

As long as Maggie thinks it is a real marriage and they stay married for 2 years Konstantin can still get a green card.  The only thing really different is the amount of time you have to be married.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I really have trouble understanding this. Kon has a full life on Greece. He has a restaurant, right? Why does he need to stay in the US?

They are really going to have to justify this better if I'm to believe Maggie is willing to marry a guy she hardly knows this soon after Victor's passing, just to be nice. Hes going to have to need to stay in the US or else I'm not buying it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

Well, here is my theory: We saw a stunt double for Kon in November with a head wound. I think perhaps he wants to come clean on some level to Maggie (just 'find' the real letter without admitting culpability) and Theresa stops him by whacking him over the head (as she is wont to do) then he is comatose for a bit (or dead, I'm good)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 5:05 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Maggie being taken by Kon makes sense at her age. She's lonely and wants to fill that void. 

20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

They are really going to have to justify this better if I'm to believe Maggie is willing to marry a guy she hardly knows this soon after Victor's passing, just to be nice. Hes going to have to need to stay in the US or else I'm not buying it.

Maggie being taken by Konstantin might be another repeat of Lavinia Peach’s loneliness or he will come clean about himself. Either way, it is much preferable than Maggie making a fool out of herself for him.

P.S. Miss Peach was Shane’s ISA partner and mother figure. She met and fell for a “nice and charming” guy who in reality scammed rich and lonely women for money. Eventually Miss Peach was able to discover the truth about this con-artist with Shane’s help.

Edited by Sunrain
adding/fixing
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
22 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

As long as Maggie thinks it is a real marriage and they stay married for 2 years Konstantin can still get a green card.  The only thing really different is the amount of time you have to be married.

My cousin married a woman from Ukraine and it  took a lot longer then two years and it was and is a legit marriage.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

My cousin married a woman from Ukraine and it  took a lot longer then two years and it was and is a legit marriage.  

Clearly I don't know your cousin's circumstances.  Mr. Cat has a green card.  He got a conditional one about a month after we were married.  Two years later we had to prove we were in a "real" marriage - i.e. property in common, a lease in both our names, things like that.  He was then issued a permanent green card.  It was right after they changed the requirement that you had to be married for two years for the green card to be permanent - apparently before that it was good from the get go - the immigration agent told us that it was changed because there were a LOT of marriage for money scams going on previously.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I thought I'd heard that the main plots weren't getting resolved until July...but Belinda at Soap Dirt on YT is saying May Sweeps is when the baby switch comes out?

I'd like that because maybe it would mean there's still time for some kind of Ericole reunion...but I'm not sure when Nicole is gone.

Since we've heard nothing about Greg V leaving is it safe to assume he is staying? I would have enjoyed (or rather, settled for) Eric, Holly, Jude (or whatever his name will be) and Nicole all leaving town together for a few months...and then maybe Holly and Eric "visiting" since their contracts probably aren't up.

Nicole leaving on her own is messed up. Dying even worse.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought I'd heard that the main plots weren't getting resolved until July...but Belinda at Soap Dirt on YT is saying May Sweeps is when the baby switch comes out?

I'd like that because maybe it would mean there's still time for some kind of Ericole reunion...but I'm not sure when Nicole is gone.

Since we've heard nothing about Greg V leaving is it safe to assume he is staying? I would have enjoyed (or rather, settled for) Eric, Holly, Jude (or whatever his name will be) and Nicole all leaving town together for a few months...and then maybe Holly and Eric "visiting" since their contracts probably aren't up.

Nicole leaving on her own is messed up. Dying even worse.

Belinda doesn't know anything. She has hung on to an off hand comment Ken made about Sloan wanting to give back the baby (which appeared to be a one off episode where Melinda talked her down and it was over) as a factual spoiler that Sloan is giving Nicole the baby back. I think she needs to let that go it's been months.

Realistically nothing is happening until June. Ron will immediately tackle the Xander and Jude plots then. The Theresa comeuppance airs in July. Nicole will have the baby by then too when Ari's last scenes air.

Both Theresa and Sloan appear to be gone as of January filming

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Dang. I hoped Sloan would stick around for months of fallout. But then, they've kinda already made her into a retread of Kristen from the 90s, so maybe it's best that she isn't kept around indefinitely to just spiral, as so many of the lovesick females tend to on this show.

I don't follow Belinda's content really so thanks for that clarification! I still hope they wrap up this Jude nonsense in May, though. It's dragged on forever. It's one of those storylines that could have lasted 8 weeks, or been in the background for a decade waiting to be resolved. This is neither.

I'd hoped when Sherri took over that Ken would have been okay with her wrapping up Ron's stories as-needed, but apparently not. A shame.

On 4/3/2024 at 2:54 PM, brisbydog said:

Did Brady apologize to Viv for burying her alive? To Stefan for frying his brain with a toaster? Nope. Do I care? Also nope.

Could someone apologize to me?

That kitchen utensil scene was so unbelievably dumb that I felt like my brain cells were being fried watching it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Both Theresa and Sloan appear to be gone as of January filming

Boo to Sloan being gone. I figured JS would bounce when she married the billionaire though so I'm not surprised lol.

• Like 6
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Boo to Sloan being gone. I figured JS would bounce when she married the billionaire though so I'm not surprised lol.

I know. She lives in Italy now. They have duplicate Sloan on tap but I think the character is gone

• Like 2
  • Useful 2