Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, boes said:

I just want someone to pull off her blonde wig and say

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

"You're not Theresa!  You're not even Gwen in a bad wig!!  It's Dwight from The Office!!!"

And then I want Show to tell us Dwight is Leo's fraternal twin and their Dad is Harold the butler.

Not gonna lie though; it's definitely crossed my mind a lot lately that maybe this isn't actually Theresa but Gwen in a crappy dumb blonde wig. LOL!

• LOL 6
13 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Seriously, does John really have nothing better to do at this point? He found his dad after many years of being apart! Isn't that enough?

I don't think it has anything to do with John having nothing better to do, but more like Drake wants to continuing working. Unfortunately, the writers don't know what to do with their seasoned characters. And they're only as good as the writers make them.

12 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I don't want to see John acting on someone's evil wishes. He is too old. 

I often read how much posters appreciate legacy characters, and by definition alone that means an older character.

I, for one, am glad that Drake and Stephen are getting a storyline. Even if their storyline means rewriting history, at least they're working. And more importantly, they WANT to work.

• Like 9

I didn't mean to imply that Drake is too old to work. It's great that he and the other "mature" actors want to keep working. The problem is that putting him/them in active spy-type stories is not realistic (not that much in this show is, but, I think there could be more appropriate, but still interesting stories for him).

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1

The Holly and drugs angle, shouldn't these writers - and I use that term very loosely! - first give the actress time to settle in? Teen Holly has barely been around long enough for anyone to give a shit if she ODs or not.

Her characterization should be firmed up first, giving the audience a reason to care!

It's the same rush job they gave Vivian Jovani's Ciara before she was raped by Chase. She was barely on before being shoved into a big story. And it all fell flat.

No one knows how to write or pace anything on soaps anymore! No wonder they're on life support.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
17 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I didn't mean to imply that Drake is too old to work. It's great that he and the other "mature" actors want to keep working. The problem is that putting him/them in active spy-type stories is not realistic (not that much in this show is, but, I think there could be more appropriate, but still interesting stories for him).

I agree, but being a PI is John's career. And the writers can't seem to figure out what to do with him. As unrealistic as it seems to us, it's better than simply seeing him feed Doc strawberries & whipped cream all the time.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

So, rush-to-judgment new cop is going to haul off Tate for holding the bag of drugs that Holly took. And Tate is going to prove his love by saying that they are his now? I agree that I have no interest or feelings for either of these new characters. The writers, using the term loosely, really went lazy on this. And, of course, when Holly wakes up, she will let him take the hit for her, because we don't know her to be any different. All they have shown to us is a selfish, spoiled teenager.

I am glad that Sloan is going to crumble, but I wonder if they end up putting her in jail or if she otherwise leaves. Also, will it be in pieces - first, she admits it is Nicole's baby, and we don't find out about Eric being the father until later, after EJ has bonded with him?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I agree, but being a PI is John's career. And the writers can't seem to figure out what to do with him. As unrealistic as it seems to us, it's better than simply seeing him feed Doc strawberries & whipped cream all the time.

Agreed!  Anything is better than one more scene of those two getting their food sex on.  And all over the bed.

Besides, the next step in their sex-related food fantasies can only be Strawberry-flavored Ensure with Strawberry Metamucil sprinkled over it.

They really should have made Jarlena's signature food a lovingly prepared baloney sandwich with mayo.  Wouldn't you just love to see him feed THAT to her in bed?

• LOL 10
On 12/28/2023 at 11:55 AM, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I really hope that rumor about Leo possibly being John's long lost son is not true. John deserves so much better than to be saddled with that sociopathic loser. But I wouldn't put it past this show to do it anyway. Also dear God why are we rehashing the Pawn storyline again? Wasn't the Timothy Robicheaux retcon thing enough? Seriously, does John really have nothing better to do at this point? He found his dad after many years of being apart! Isn't that enough? Jesus, John is like in his 70s at this point; just let it go! Why can't these writers focus on writing actual compelling stories for the younger generation... oh that's right, they have no personalities or real character! That's why the writers are focusing so much on the vets! Because the next gen characters are not that compelling enough to stand on their own. 

I really hope that if there is an end to Theresa's supposed "12-week" arc, or whatever the hell it is, that she leaves the show either in a coma or through death. Whichever comes first. Preferably a coma. It's not like Days really needs her at the moment anyway. 

Aging doesn't necessarily diminish the importance of a character. Tom Horton was the voice of reason and understanding that everybody adored while doing tap dance with Calliope in his late 70s. DH/John is in good shapes and can either do sports of some kind in spare time or exercise the role of Salem's grandfather. Heck they even can try to give Genie Francis and Staci Greason a call or get any other actress at his age range or with no significant age gap between them. 

On 12/29/2023 at 2:03 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

I don't think it has anything to do with John having nothing better to do, but more like Drake wants to continuing working. Unfortunately, the writers don't know what to do with their seasoned characters. And they're only as good as the writers make them.

I often read how much posters appreciate legacy characters, and by definition alone that means an older character.

I, for one, am glad that Drake and Stephen are getting a storyline. Even if their storyline means rewriting history, at least they're working. And more importantly, they WANT to work.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

On 12/29/2023 at 9:11 AM, Retired at last said:

The writers are beating a dead horse. They want to recreate the 80's magic but their hands are pretty much tied at this point. I think they should honestly do a study on storyline feasibility and have a thorough discussion with Drake and Stephen to work out a solution for John and Steve.

Edited by spookyseason
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2

Monday, January 8, 2024
Stephanie and Everett share some bonding moments.

Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Sloan starts to unravel and Melinda attempts to calm her.

Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Brady and Theresa are horrified when they see Tate.
Abe spends some quality time with Paulina.

Thursday, January 11, 2024
Alex fires Justin.

Friday, January 12, 2024
Kate brings Harris to see Lucas.

No dates:

A stunned Tripp notices that Wendy is still in Salem.

Theresa is protected by Alex when Brady comes to visit.

Kristen unleashes her fury at Brady in front of Marlena.

Tate comes face to face with a mortified Brady and Theresa.

An argument ensues between Nicole and EJ regarding her relationship with Eric.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/30/2023 at 3:30 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

It's a shame they can't just write him as the patriarch of his family which I think is what John does best. He's raised a variety of children since the 80s however that's too character driven for this show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

A stunned Tripp notices that Wendy is still in Salem.

A stunned audience notices that Ben, Gwen and Nick are too.

Abe spends some quality time with Paulina.

...in a deep, permanent coma?

Kristen unleashes her fury at Brady in front of Marlena.

Marlena unleashes all the satanic powers of hell in retaliation? Please?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
28 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

A stunned audience notices that Ben, Gwen and Nick are too.

And Chris Kostichek too!

Thanks for the laugh this was awesome 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is Ava going too? Please take Ava. It doesn't count unless you take her with you!

Well, her last GH character was a dud (a doctor who went nutty after her kid died) and Laura Wright is still playing Carly, her original character, so Tamara Braun probably isn't as important to TIIC at GH, but The Borg is forever.

• LOL 4

"Tate takes the fall for Holly"?  They better be talking about what's going on NOW because, hopefully, he isn't stupid enough to take the fall when she wakes up (though given who is father is, I wouldn't really expect him to have a lot of brains).  So far, their relationship has been: she treated him like shit, she apologized, they had ONE date.  They haven't established enough of a relationship yet for there to be any real feelings.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Let's get Lucas out of prison without him dying please.

Feels like he's been in there longer than Ben and Kristen ever were combined.

Was Ben in prison? I could've sworn he went to Bayview.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Was Ben in prison? I could've sworn he went to Bayview.

Remember when Ben and Will were sharing the same cell?  I don't remember why but I do remember that's when Will and Ben became friends, because it was so infuriating.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

Remember when Ben and Will were sharing the same cell?  I don't remember why but I do remember that's when Will and Ben became friends, because it was so infuriating.

Ben was in jail for strangling Jordan (he didn't do it, Evan did)

Will was in jail for texting and driving and killing Adrienne and Mackenzie (he didn't do it, Evan and Orpheus did)

Evan got around that year

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, boes said:

I'd like to think Ben was immediately sent to prison after the Necktie killings, after which be escaped, returned to the DiMansion and got played by Abigail.

I know he ended up in cushy Bayview prior to Will's resurrection and then later in prison with Will after the timejump (thanks for the refresher brisby), but he really shouldn't have gone to Bayview after all those killings. 

I'd like to think the "he was only ever mentally ill!" retcon BS started once Ron came aboard to prop him.

Crazy as the legal system in Salem is, he had to have only been transferred to Bayview after like, a year in prison...right?

• Like 3

As of today, Monday, January 8, Lauren Koslow has been added back to the end of show cast list as Kate Brady. She's been put back in the #3 spot behind Maggie and Abe.

• Like 4
(edited)

https://soapsspoilers.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-jan-15-19-salem-mlk-day-harris-raids-bistro-theresa-goes-missing

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Monday, Jan 15:

Salemites celebrate MLK Day.

Abe stands by Paulina as she waits for the results from her biopsy.

A nervous Sloan is handed some advice from Nicole.

Leo writes a column about gay rights.

Chanel, Johnny, Jada, and Rafe confront some difficult issues head-on

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Tuesday, Jan 16:

Theresa and Brady get some positive news about Tate.

Justin gets an apology from Alex.

Ava and Stefan try to run for cover as Harris raids the Bistro.

John and Marlena have a dinner party with Sloan and Eric.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Wednesday, Jan 17:

Sarah moves the rest of her stuff into Xander’s place.

Kayla and Steve have family dinner with Tripp, Wendy, and Stephanie.

Stephanie and Everett get even closer.

Harris and Ava have a confrontation at the docks.

Stefan sends a message to Harris.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Thursday, Jan 18:

Johnny tells Chanel he wants them to get married again.

Wendy and Tripp have a night of romance.

Harris admits to Rafe that he has feelings for Ava.

When Theresa disappears, Brady and Alex work together to find her.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Friday, Jan 19:

Harris gets blamed by Kate for the attack Lucas suffered.

Brady and Alex care for Theresa.

Steve gets cornered by Konstantin.

Nicole, EJ, Eric, and Maggie say goodbye as Holly is taken away for treatment.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

John and Marlena have a dinner party with Sloan and Eric.

Neither of them have diningrooms so that should be interesting.

Nicole, EJ, Eric, and Maggie say goodbye as Holly is taken away for treatment.

Huh? Is she exiting the show?

Johnny tells Chanel he wants them to get married again.

Dude....no. Date her? Fine. But that's it. She was all over your sister, remember? Maybe take it slow and see how this relationship fares with Allie back in Salem. THEN, if Chanel is over her, consider marriage.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

If Theresa needs that much caring for, is she going to have a damaged face so we will see Gwen back again and a new face for Theresa, who has clearly been around for longer than the supposed 12-week storyline?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Well here's where I'm confused.

12 weeks of shooting equals what...three times as many episodes?

And how many episodes was Jen actually in? Because that was supposed to represent 4 weeks of filming.

So I'm not sure if they extended the Theresa material or if its due to wrap up shortly.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

They definitely extended due to the strike. They are filming a wedding today. Alex looks like the groom. Paul and Sonny are in attendance. So we have another 6 months of this crap relationship. I will enjoy Theresa being outed at her wedding and bonus Alex losing everything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

While I rather have someone else play Alex if I had a choice I don't hate him. Probably because he always gets humbled on a regular basis unlike a lot of other characters on this show. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

They definitely extended due to the strike. They are filming a wedding today. Alex looks like the groom. Paul and Sonny are in attendance. So we have another 6 months of this crap relationship. I will enjoy Theresa being outed at her wedding and bonus Alex losing everything.

Oh JESUS.

I don't have the strength. Why the f would Paul be there?

And did they rebuild the whole freaking church again just for His Holiness?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Theresa doesn't need anyone's money! I'm hoarse from saying it.

Theresa's FAMILY has money. She is a screw-up and sneaky and not trustworthy. Why would her FAMILY give her money? She will do anything to get money that she hasn't earned or come by on her own, as we see now. They all know that about her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Monday, Jan 22:

Clyde gets a surprise visit from Harris.

Theresa and Brady are caught kissing by Alex.

Maggie confronts Steve with Konstantin.

Marlena gets an apology from Eric about the way that Sloan has been acting.

Tuesday, Jan 23

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Tuesday, Jan 23:

Sarah and Xander start adjusting to living together again.

Paulina is in a panic about her cancer diagnosis.

Ava needs some PR help and turns to Stephanie.

Everett is miffed when Chad gets a favor request from Stefan

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Wednesday, Jan 24:

Brady has a make-up date with Kristen and Rachel.

Harris shares an update on Clyde and Lucas with Rafe and Jada.

Alex tries talking Theresa into staying in Salem as she packs her bags.

Sloan is shocked when Eric informs her that Leo is coming over.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Thursday, Jan 25:

Paulina gets support from Johnny and Chanel.

Stephanie, Tripp, and Wendy work together on the scavenger hunt.

Everett threatens to resign if Chad won’t stop shielding his family.

Ava and Stefan are interrogated by Harris and Rafe about their roles in Clyde’s drug ring.

Friday, Jan 26

Stephanie and Rafe hear all about Jada’s ex-husband from her.

Everett is ready to confess.

Theresa attempts to avoid Kayla.

Sarah and Xander get closer now that they are under the same roof

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Paulina is in a panic about her cancer diagnosis.

I have jokes...but I really want you all to know: I'm not going to use them.

Brady has a make-up date with Kristen and Rachel.

Maybe he's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline.

Everett is miffed when Chad gets a favor request from Stefan

I'm starting to think Stephanie's "feuding" boys are just using her as an excuse to hookup.

Marlena gets an apology from Eric about the way that Sloan has been acting.

Can we get an apology for the way she's been acting these last few years? Cause RoboMar really isn't in a position to judge anyone's acting...

Ava needs some PR help and turns to Stephanie.

Honey, there's no way to spin being a raping, drug-dealing, plane-crashing, kidnapping mafia twit.

Stephanie, Tripp, and Wendy work together on the scavenger hunt.

Ohhhhh! Fuuuuuun! Will they finally find their personalities?

Sarah and Xander get closer now that they are under the same roof

And the award for the dumbest DOOL spoiler ever written goes to...

• Applause 4
  • LOL 5