Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Xander sucks for what he did to Jack & Jennifer, especially since he did it to defend Gwen's odious "honor" and was such. a smug bastard while doing it.

Especially since Jack has/had done NOTHING to Xander except not continue to be an utter and complete fool when it came to Gwen. Jack never looked down on him for his past and let him stay at the Horton house when he had nowhere to go. Yet Xander blackmails him because his priority was his wife, his 30 plus year soulmate who was grieving their brutally murdered child over a brand-new “daughter” who had terrorized his family. That Jack wasn’t  falling over himself over Gwen of all people. The same person who tried to kill the person Xander claims to love. Xander sucks.

And if the fact that someone has done bad things is their past means they can’t be upset when someone, completely unrelated to the past deeds, wrongs them, then I guess Xander shouldn’t have anything to say when Theresa’s lie comes out.  But of course he will (and absolutely should). Just like he was so hurt about Sarah keeping his kid from him, but had no qualms when he and Sarah did the same to Eric.  

That Horton Christmas gathering looks pathetic.  Maggie, Sarah, and Xander are firmly Kiriakis every other day of the year except for when they are needed because they’ve gotten rid of all the other, more traditional Hortons besides Doug and Julie. What is Stephanie and her ex there for? Is Stephanie going to be upset that they dare to hang Abby’s ornament? Of course there will be a joke around Nick’s ornament. They probably wont even mention any of the obvious Hortons that aren’t there because the show has wiped them out. 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

Especially since Jack has/had done NOTHING to Xander except not continue to be an utter and complete fool when it came to Gwen. Jack never looked down on him for his past and let him stay at the Horton house when he had nowhere to go. Yet Xander blackmails him because his priority was his wife, his 30 plus year soulmate who was grieving their brutally murdered child over a brand-new “daughter” who had terrorized his family. That Jack wasn’t  falling over himself over Gwen of all people. The same person who tried to kill the person Xander claims to love. Xander sucks.

And if the fact that someone has done bad things is their past means they can’t be upset when someone, completely unrelated to the past deeds, wrongs them, then I guess Xander shouldn’t have anything to say when Theresa’s lie comes out.  But of course he will (and absolutely should). Just like he was so hurt about Sarah keeping his kid from him, but had no qualms when he and Sarah did the same to Eric.  

That Horton Christmas gathering looks pathetic.  Maggie, Sarah, and Xander are firmly Kiriakis every other day of the year except for when they are needed because they’ve gotten rid of all the other, more traditional Hortons besides Doug and Julie. What is Stephanie and her ex there for? Is Stephanie going to be upset that they dare to hang Abby’s ornament? Of course there will be a joke around Nick’s ornament. They probably wont even mention any of the obvious Hortons that aren’t there because the show has wiped them out. 

Jack did throw Xander out and write a horrible article about him when he thought he was a drug dealer, when Xander was helping Gwen cover up her miscarriage lie. Turning on Jack to steal the Spectator was a low point, but he had changed his mind and was refusing to help until Sarah rubbed the Rex Sex in his face. Gwen was always terrible for him and brought out his worst qualities. Sarah judges too harshly and makes him over compensate. Chloe was his beat pairing as she listened to him and called him on his crap without parenting him.

I loved Xander going to John. It was so awkward and John's wtf reaction was perfect, as was his advice for Xander to get his act together once and for all now he's a father.

• Like 2

Not a Sarah fan - ever - but, can't they find a bigger roll of paper towels to pretend is a real baby, who by now, is much larger. That just looks stupid.

Paulina is now sick? Could it please be terminal, and then, of course, Abe will remember who she is as she takes her last breath? PLEASE don't let her need an organ that he can provide. Remember when they replaced someone's heart and it came with all of that person's memories? So dumb.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Paulina is now sick? Could it please be terminal, and then, of course, Abe will remember who she is as she takes her last breath? PLEASE don't let her need an organ that he can provide. Remember when they replaced someone's heart and it came with all of that person's memories? So dumb.

Unless she's lost her chuckle and Abe has to donate his.  Or, exchange his chuckle with her "huhuhuh".  Half of the dialogue for those two are their singular weird sounds that are supposed to indicate hilarity but instead sound like demented cricket mating calls.

But, if Paulina HAS to go and reap her eternal reward (pleasepleasepleasePLEASE), can Show at least give us a laugh track??

I say it with all the good will I can muster at this blessed season of the year....

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
On 12/16/2023 at 3:39 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Xander barely feels sorry for any of the messed up stuff he's done. He actually had the audacity to ask John for romance advice after almost killing Marlena.

...and Brady.

Yeah, that scene did not sit well with me.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...and Brady.

Yeah, that scene did not sit well with me.

I just enjoyed it because John was clearly so baffled that Xander would approach him. And I liked what he said to Xander. So it worked for me.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 5

Monday, December 25, 2023

- Paulina has Chanel by her side as Kayla provides a diagnosis.

- Ava fears Harris has found out the truth about her role in Clyde’s drug smuggling operation.

- Leo conveys his escalating blackmail demands to Sloan.

- Nicole finds Holly hungover.

- Holly hangs out with Nicole and Eric to reminisce.

- Stefan turns to EJ for assistance when he wants to get rid of Clyde.

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

- Konstantin makes a surprising announcement at the Kiriakis family Christmas dinner.

- Chad, Harris, and Everett end up sharing a meal together at the Brady Pub.

- While awaiting a shipment from Clyde , Ava flips out when she learns Stefan asked EJ for help.

- It’s a mixed bag at the Kiriakis Christmas as Sarah enjoys herself and - Theresa feels guilty.

- There is sad awkwardness between Alex and Justin.

- Dimitri makes an unexpected announcement.

- Kiriakis clan gathers for Christmas dinner.

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

- Holly apologizes to Tate for her appalling behavior 

- Melinda and Wendy bond over their upbringings. 

- Ava and Stefan try to keep Harris from cluing in.

- Tripp tries to alleviate Wendy’s mood since she’s still torn about leaving Salem.  

- Jada tries to put a smile on Rafe’s face since he’s glum about Gabi being locked up.

Thursday, December 28, 2023

- Nicole begins therapy with Marlena.

- Eric, Sloan and baby Jude's family day is interrupted by Leo.

- While strolling through the park, Konstantin is abducted!

- With Chanel’s support, Paulina meets with Kayla to discuss her medical condition.

Friday, December 29, 2023

- Salem residents attend the New Year's Eve party at the Bistro.

- Nicole almost catches Holly with pills as she gets ready for her date with Tate.

- Victoria has a fever that Sarah notices while visiting Xander.

- Leo makes a pitch to Chad to get his Lady Whistleblower column back. 

- Chanel worries to Johnny about her mother’s condition.

u/hlma96https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/12/days-of-our-lives-sneak-peek-pictures_17.html?m=1

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I just enjoyed it because John was clearly so baffled that Xander would approach him. And I liked what he said to Xander. So it worked for me.

I tried to enjoy it on that level too, but for me...after shooting my wife and son? John should have said "...go F--- yourself, you piece of S---...and never, EVER speak to me again, if you value your life."

...but that's me 😅

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Holly hangs out with Nicole and Eric to reminisce.

Yes!

Stefan turns to EJ for assistance when he wants to get rid of Clyde.

Yes!

Holly apologizes to Tate for her appalling behavior 

Yes!

Nicole begins therapy with Marlena.

Yes!

....what's this? What's this? Some teasers that delight! :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I tried to enjoy it on that level too, but for me...after shooting my wife and son? John should have said "...go F--- yourself, you piece of S---...and never, EVER speak to me again, if you value your life."

...but that's me 😅

Yes, but John WAS willing to give Kristen the benefit of the doubt so.....

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, but John WAS willing to give Kristen the benefit of the doubt so.....

And wasn't he going to attend Brady and Theresa's wedding after she hit him over the head, put him in a coma and framed Brady for it?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

John is just a big-hearted softie, apparently.

Between him and Marlena that tracks tbh.

Holly was SORASed a little too quickly for me to feel for the character just yet. I find it jarring tbh otherwise I'm all for teen angst.

• Like 3

Spoilers Jan 1 to 5

A false confession isn't believed 

*guessing Steve and John grabbed Konstantin and are interrogating him

A grandparent finally sees a grandchild 

*hopefully Maggie and poor Holly. Has John seen Tate yet?

Someone else wants to infiltrate the Salem drug scene

*Harris going undercover so he can get himself shot

Lots of people suddenly have affection for someone in trouble

*Has to be Holly post overdose 

What have we not seen yet from the October day of days promo?

1. Harris shot

2. Lucas in weird hat

3. Both Xarah scenes

4. Horton house on fire 

5. Gweneresa kissing Brady and Alex walking in

6. Tate arrested and Holly in ICU

7. Johnny proposing

8. Kristen smirking? Could be from anywhere

Anything else?

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

So I watched a video during the site's downtime, one of those weird spoiler YT vids, but it sounded pretty legit and not all about guesswork. It said:

-A Gabi recast is in the works

-Diana C will be back and

-John will become the Pawn again.

.....yeah. 

Were we THAT bad this year, Santa?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So I watched a video during the site's downtime, one of those weird spoiler YT vids, but it sounded pretty legit and not all about guesswork. It said:

-A Gabi recast is in the works

-Diana C will be back and

-John will become the Pawn again.

.....yeah. 

Were we THAT bad this year, Santa?

The Gabi recast is a done deal. She's already filming and Bryan D confirmed 

Judith C is filming as Diana now. Spec is that Leo is indeed John's kid as he and John never did dna tests, just took her word for it

John's past is being explored yet again but not sure if he becomes the pawn. I hear Konstantin might be part of his plot after he's done with Maggie

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4

I'm sorry, but to go back to John being The Pawn again makes no sense. Anyone who would have been in that story is already dead and John just needs to solve a few cases with Steve and hang out at home with Marlena. No more spy or action stories for him, please. What difference would it make at this point who he really is? Just pick a name he likes and there you go.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

Like I said, it would be completely fucked up, considering Brady/Theresa and Shawn/Belle, but just make John Roman Brady and turn the Josh Taylor character back into an amnesiac Chris Kositcheck!

I'd laugh for eons. The fallout would be gross - but entertaining. (To me! LOL!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The Gabi recast is a done deal. She's already filming and Bryan D confirmed 

Judith C is filming as Diana now. Spec is that Leo is indeed John's kid as he and John never did dna tests, just took her word for it

John's past is being explored yet again but not sure if he becomes the pawn. I hear Konstantin might be part of his plot after he's done with Maggie

Ugh. Why a Gabi recast? Just bring Camilla back to have Gabi get out of jail and then she can leave town.

Whatever her issues, Camilla is Gabi at this point. I shudder to think who will have to deal with playing the part now. She's so cartoonish. Camilla at least had our love from years back, when the character was more human and kind.

...Leo...is awful. This idea is awful. Making him John's kid does not make him a better character or a more important character. First Ben, now this.

I wish I'd heard about this later in the week because it's so offputting. I wanted to be happy on the 25th and 25th, as much as possible anyway. Now it just feels like there's no saving this show from its own idiocy.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ugh. Why a Gabi recast? Just bring Camilla back to have Gabi get out of jail and then she can leave town.

Whatever her issues, Camilla is Gabi at this point. I shudder to think who will have to deal with playing the part now. She's so cartoonish. Camilla at least had our love from years back, when the character was more human and kind.

...Leo...is awful. This idea is awful. Making him John's kid does not make him a better character or a more important character. First Ben, now this.

I wish I'd heard about this later in the week because it's so offputting. I wanted to be happy on the 25th and 25th, as much as possible anyway. Now it just feels like there's no saving this show from its own idiocy.

The Gabi recast is for sure. The Leo bit is speculation only

10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who is playing Gabi?

https://instagram.com/cheriealexandra

Just looking on my account she is followed by Dan, Paul and Linsey. That kinda confirms it

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Holly hangs out with Nicole and Eric to reminisce.

About WHAT?  Remember when you and Mom got married in the bar and didn't invite me and then you immediately left for Africa and did not come back?  Good times.  

Also, John gets Dick Van Dyke as his real father and immediately puts him in a home.  He deserves to be a pawn.  The'll probably make him Grand Duchess Anastasia next.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, oceanblue said:

About WHAT?  Remember when you and Mom got married in the bar and didn't invite me and then you immediately left for Africa and did not come back?  Good times.  

Agreed...except Holly was at the (pathetically staged to give Cin all the thunder) ceremony.

2 hours ago, oceanblue said:

Also, John gets Dick Van Dyke as his real father and immediately puts him in a home.

He did WHAT?! That was actually stated in the show...?? I thought he was staying with them??

😠

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

He did WHAT?! That was actually stated in the show...?? I thought he was staying with them??

😠

Yep, that's what he did with Ol' Pops.  He's now a resident at the Shady Rest with Uncle Joe and all the other residents of Hooterville.  Meals and clothing optional.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Has the show made any reference to Ciara’s second kid? Any announcement?

I expect Ron C. is saving that for the coming year, when Ciara and Ben's newborn goes on a killing spree, snuffing out people with his baby bib.  He'll be too young to exactly follow in Daddy's footsteps with neckties.

We all know how Ron C. loves keeping beloved family storylines going.

Chucky Lives!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

She used to date both Jeremy and Nathan Horton.

I haven’t watched yet, but was that the explanation given for why she had an ornament?  Or did they try to play it as having something to do with Abby?

Her already having an ornament seems to be convenient for the show to continue to try and play up a strong familial connection between Abigail and Stephanie that never was really there other than their fathers being brothers. They should have brought Stephanie back before they killed Abigail. Stephanie caring about Abigail and her kids rings false to me. Chad is her main interest. She won’t have anything to do with those kids if storyline needs take her out of Chad’s orbit.

Wasn’t Sonny the only Johnson cousin that Abigail and JJ were shown to be close to? There were brief mentions of Tripp as JJ’s cousin and Jack’s nephew when he and JJ were trying to help Hailey when amnesiac Jack and Eve were trying to get her deported.  Abigail and JJ also were shown to have relationships with Steve/Kayla and Adrienne/Justin as aunts and uncles, but not with Jack and Jennifer for Steve and Kayla’s kids.  Or even just Jennifer when Jack was still dead. Was it different with the other adult versions of Stephanie and Joey? Even the teen versions of Abigail and Stephanie weren’t close when they were on screen at the same time. Abigail was closer to Chelsea at that time if I remember correctly. 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 1

Spoilers from https://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=4878

Alex suggests that Tate was involved in Holly’s drug use, which infuriates Theresa.

Stefan and Ava are questioned by Harris about Holly's drug use.

EJ and Stefan have a confrontation.

Chad and Julie discuss losses and what the future holds.

A depressed Brady receives advice from John.

Xander asks Sarah to move in with him.

https://soaphub.com/days-of-our-lives/spoilers-days/days-two-week-breakdown-panic-problems-and-parenting/

Monday January 1, 2023

Tate (James Martin Mann) finds Holly (Ashley Puzemis) a victim of tainted pills and Nicole (Arianne Zucker) is beside herself.

Tuesday, January 2, 2023

Tripp (Lucas Adams) demands to know whether Ava is involved in the drug trade.

Wednesday, January 3, 2023

Chad (Billy Flynn) and Julie (Susan Seaforth Hayes) talk about loss and the future.
Sloan (Jessica Serfaty) is forced to deal with Leo’s (Greg Rikaart) spending habit. 

Thursday, January 4, 2023

Johnny (Carson Boatman) and Chanel (Raven Bowens) awaken from a New Year’s night of lovemaking.

Friday, January 5, 2023

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

️ Monday, Jan 1:

Tate discovers Holly has been the victim of tainted pills.

Nicole is beside herself.

Theresa is furious when Alex suggests that Tate may have played a role in Holly’s drug use.

Stefan and Ava face questions from Harris about Holly.

Paulina and Abe ring in the New Year together.

️ Tuesday, Jan 2:

Tate could face the wrath of EJ when the DiMera is determined to make him pay for Holly’s overdose.

Clyde’s order has Ava and Stefan challenged.

Tripp demands to know whether Ava is involved in the drug trade.

EJ has a confrontation with Stefan.

️ Wednesday, Jan 3:

Chad and Julie contemplate loss and what the future holds.

Sloan is prompted to deal with Leo’s out of control spending habits.

Everett walks in on a heated argument between EJ and Stefan.

Nicole sits vigil with Holly.

️ Thursday, Jan 4:

Tate won’t back down on his confession.

John tries giving some advice to glum Brady.

Johnny and Chanel wake up after a New Year’s night of sex.

Abe apologizes to Paulina about his inability to be intimate with her.

️ Friday, Jan 5:

Tripp has some disappointing news to share with Wendy as she packs to leave for China.

Tate’s bail is revoked and everyone soon learns EJ was behind it.

Theresa and Brady do their best to comfort and reassure their terrified son.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 12/24/2023 at 3:46 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I really hope that rumor about Leo possibly being John's long lost son is not true. John deserves so much better than to be saddled with that sociopathic loser. But I wouldn't put it past this show to do it anyway. Also dear God why are we rehashing the Pawn storyline again? Wasn't the Timothy Robicheaux retcon thing enough? Seriously, does John really have nothing better to do at this point? He found his dad after many years of being apart! Isn't that enough? Jesus, John is like in his 70s at this point; just let it go! Why can't these writers focus on writing actual compelling stories for the younger generation... oh that's right, they have no personalities or real character! That's why the writers are focusing so much on the vets! Because the next gen characters are not that compelling enough to stand on their own. 

On 12/25/2023 at 11:34 AM, Retired at last said:

Maybe they are waiting for the stupid Teresa plot to be done and then they can slap a dark wig on Emily O'Brien and recast her as Ciara?

I really hope that if there is an end to Theresa's supposed "12-week" arc, or whatever the hell it is, that she leaves the show either in a coma or through death. Whichever comes first. Preferably a coma. It's not like Days really needs her at the moment anyway. 

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I really hope that if there is an end to Theresa's supposed "12-week" arc, or whatever the hell it is, that she leaves the show either in a coma or through death. Whichever comes first. Preferably a coma. It's not like Days really needs her at the moment anyway. 

I just want someone to pull off her blonde wig and say

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

"You're not Theresa!  You're not even Gwen in a bad wig!!  It's Dwight from The Office!!!"

And then I want Show to tell us Dwight is Leo's fraternal twin and their Dad is Harold the butler.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I really hope that rumor about Leo possibly being John's long lost son is not true. John deserves so much better than to be saddled with that sociopathic loser. But I wouldn't put it past this show to do it anyway. Also dear God why are we rehashing the Pawn storyline again? Wasn't the Timothy Robicheaux retcon thing enough? Seriously, does John really have nothing better to do at this point? He found his dad after many years of being apart! Isn't that enough? Jesus, John is like in his 70s at this point; just let it go! Why can't these writers focus on writing actual compelling stories for the younger generation... oh that's right, they have no personalities or real character! That's why the writers are focusing so much on the vets! Because the next gen characters are not that compelling enough to stand on their own. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 3

Stefano is dead; Victor is dead; there is ZERO reason for John to be anyone's pawn again - especially Konstantin's. I don't want to see John acting on someone's evil wishes. He is too old. Not that he can't have a story, but not this one. He and Steve can find missing people or some minor cases, but no more ISA, no more destruction of the world, none of that crap. 

Also, I believe that Sloan deserves every bit of unleashed Leo as he can spend. I guess it is good that he is getting his gossip column back, but there is really no need for him, either. But, I know that doesn't matter, since Ron loves him.

Why does this show insist of featuring that awful Paulina in big stories? I hate her story and I don't care that she may be sick. We know they also love her, so she won't die. The whole idea of her being the mayor is ridiculous, just as ridiculous as it is for EJ to be the DA.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3