Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 11/8/2019 at 7:48 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

It does although its not accurate that Days is saying this is something that's never been done in daytime before AMC did a time jump of 5 years into the future when it went to the webcast version of the show and GL did it at the end of the series.

Yet despite all these plans to save Days(this time with the same writer) it never really works. Here's a thought: Hire some new blood to write for the show for a change instead of these retreads that don't work and go back to basics where its about family and romance instead of shock value plot points that don't go anywhere.

At the very least Days has nothing to lose  with this time jump as they're already on life support.

And if it fails dismally ,they could simply erase the events of this time jump and reveal that everything which occured has been nothing but Jennifer's comatose dreams.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2019 at 4:25 AM, Rafael said:

Yeah ,Ben was a poor man's Austin Reed .

While they managed to break out and redefine themselves as their own characters instead of the retreads they started as, the Reed family was simply a '90s Johnson family knockoff, if you think about it:

Mom [Kate/Jo] was married to an abusive sexual predator asshole [Curtis/Earl] with the protective brother [Austin/Steve] and the abused sister thanks to dear ol' dad [Billie/Adrienne]. And they were also poor, or seemingly so, just as the Johnsons were. And while Lucas was not a Reed, he was Kate's son and Austin and Billie's half-brother, and he sort of began as the entitled rich-boy snot that Jack was, in competition with said older brother in Austin for the same woman [Carrie/Kayla] just as Jack was for Steve.

So that makes Ben the retread of a retread.

Still, as I said, at least Austin, Lucas, and Billie managed to redefine themselves outside of the "Xeroxed character" box they started off in.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Rafael said:

And if it fails dismally ,they could simply erase the events of this time jump and reveal that everything which occured has been nothing but Jennifer's comatose dreams.

I still think all this is a dream and none of it is real tbh. 

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

While they managed to break out and redefine themselves as their own characters instead of the retreads they started as, the Reed family was simply a '90s Johnson family knockoff, if you think about it:

Mom [Kate/Jo] was married to an abusive sexual predator asshole [Curtis/Earl] with the protective brother [Austin/Steve] and the abused sister thanks to dear ol' dad [Billie/Adrienne]. And they were also poor, or seemingly so, just as the Johnsons were. And while Lucas was not a Reed, he was Kate's son and Ausin and Billie's half-brother, and he sort of began as the entitled rich-boy snot that Jack was, in competition with said older brother in Austin for the same woman [Carrie/Kayla] just as Jack was for Steve.

So that makes Ben the retread of a retread.

Still, as I said, at least Austin, Lucas, and Billie managed to redefine themselves outside of the "Xeroxed character" box they srated off in.

This is true Steve/Adrienne were the originals but the retreads were Austin/Billie, Nicole/Brandon then Ben/Jordan...

• Love 3

I really am wondering who will return and who won't. I think the younger cast will likely go elsewhere or even try for prime time. The longtime vets are the real question mark, I think. They will either have enough saved up to retire and not want to return for drastically-reduced pay or they will return out of loyalty. So it's a crap shoot.

I'm going to GUESS that John Aniston won't come back, for one, as he seems to be in less than perfect health, as of late.

• Love 1

The thing is I don't think they are going to start taping again afterwards at least as far as a long term option. Maybe to wrap up the show but what incentive does NBC etc have for the shorter period. Sure Days does but if you look at how cheap it is they don't care that much to give them better sets etc.

Forgive me for repeating this post in multiple threads:

Given that the contract situation affects everyone, it's not really a spoiler.   Let's consolidate the talk in the Behind The Scenes thread. 

If DOOL is renewed and we hear about who will continue with the show, then that can be brought to the Casting thread or spoilers thread.  

Thank you! 

• Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 3:25 AM, Rafael said:

Yeah ,Ben was a poor man's Austin Reed . Being a serial killer made him somewhat memorable

Ben was toolbag before he was made a serial killer then the cured hypocrite he is today. I recall him being insubordinate and disrespectful to Sonny, when Sonny was managing him at the bar. And he had dubious taste obviously by being enthralled w his gf Failure but showed control freak tendencies w her long before Show decided to make him a killer. At least Austin has the good sense to love a beautiful woman who is nice (Carrie) and he was blandly kind. 

The actors who play Ciara and Ben I don’t see coming back. They could make more on Instagram as baddies shilling shit like weight loss tea, hair vitamins, Audible app, Hello Fresh, or Uber Codes ect  (I’m not joking, those pay thousands to $20g per post depending on the account) or modeling or on The Price is Right. I don’t see LG/Sarah returning either. I think after the hiatus it will only be core vets and maybe KdP/Eve and SH/Kristen as Ron’s necessary crazy bitches. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I just read a spoiler that says that Will killed Adrienne while drunk driving.  Don't know how reliable the source is.

Ron can just bugger off !!! 

Why cant it be Bonnie Lockhart ? 

I wish he drove over her instead. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I actually like this name and the show remembered that Mickey raised her.

This, I do like. Especially since - early on - the show seemed to want to play up Neil Curtis as Sarah's dad when he was really just a sperm donor. And a retconned sperm donor, at that, since that story retconned Neil as the donor when it was actually Evan Whyland [played by Lane Davies before Santa Barbara].

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Why cant it be Bonnie Lockhart ? 

I wish he drove over her instead. 

Then drove over Bonnie again, just to be sure - in case he missed the first time. And if Mimi, Connor, and Patrick are with her, even better. Wipe out the whole damned clan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Am I really supposed to buy that ciara can beat clyde?

Well this is the same show that expects us to buy an unrepetent serial killer as a romantic lead among other things so this nothing in comparison.

• Love 4

Why in the gibbering FUCK would Clyde go after Mickey?  Where is the connection?  She's Ciara's, like, 4th cousin.... (and whatever cousin on the Brady side, but that's secret)... I don't get it.

Also, there is no way in hell I buy that the Bristen baby is dead for realzies.  Not for an instant.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Why in the gibbering FUCK would Clyde go after Mickey?  Where is the connection?  She's Ciara's, like, 4th cousin.... (and whatever cousin on the Brady side, but that's secret)... I don't get it.

Also, there is no way in hell I buy that the Bristen baby is dead for realzies.  Not for an instant.

If I put all the spoilers together, it sounds like Clyde wants to help free Ben and he believes Xander is Jordan's real murderer and since everyone thinks Mickey is Xanders baby, she will be used as leverage to get Xander to confess. 

• Love 6

Ok, thank you @howmanywords, that at least makes sense.  although why Clyde would think that Xander would kill Jordan confuses me, maybe I missed something there.  

And yes, @Irlandesa, I had that in the back of my mind too.  However, I don't really understand WHY anyone would switch Bristen's baby with Sarah and Xander's, except maybe Xander to protect Sarah... BUT I believe the confession from Xander is that he's in love with her, so I have my fingers crossed that I've just become paranoid after spending the last 25 years watching soaps.

• Love 4

I'm sorry, but Abigail is now working at The Spectator with her dad?  Has this girl ever been hired by a non-family member?  First she worked for her mom Jennifer at the hospital, then her husband Chad hired her to work at DiMera because she's a PR wiz and now her dad hired her at the newspaper because she's somehow now an investigative reporter?   

• Love 8
12 hours ago, ouinason said:

Dumbass Ben thought diarrhead that maybe Xander killed Jordan and let him take the fall so it’s for revenge/leverage to get Ben freed. Great a child molester has arranged the abduction of a baby girl and Mr Wonderful misunderstood hero Ben is going along w it. 

• Love 1

I know its been speculated that its all a dream, but I think its important to note that Ron says in that article that this timejump is permanent. The whole article and the way Ron explains how difficult the production was is interesting. I never thought how time consuming it had to be like with hair and wardrobe everytime they do all these flashbacks.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know what happened. Ron can't write for normal female characters and only likes when women have brain chips or go nuts.

Tbh none of these soaps know how to write normal  characters anymore regardless of gender.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I know its been speculated that its all a dream, but I think its important to note that Ron says in that article that this timejump is permanent. The whole article and the way Ron explains how difficult the production was is interesting. I never thought how time consuming it had to be like with hair and wardrobe everytime they do all these flashbacks.

Yeah he does say that I also remember this show years ago mentioning nobody would ever come back from the dead again after Jack was killed off the last time and we know how that turned out...

That being said given how Days tapes 8 months in advance and they're on a hiatus where the future is really up in the air I could see it being permanent at this point (assuming that there's not a fakeout of some sort along the way) but by a technicality. 

That being said JJ going down a dark path is music to my ears a shame that they let Casey go. I think he's better off but it figures the show always knows how to write for a character when they get rid of them. Makes you wonder why they never bothered to write for any of these people when they're actually still on the show....

Edited by CanaryFan98

Here's the first group of early spoilers for the week of December 2nd:

"Ben defends Will
Xander confronts Nicole
Lani reaches out to Abe
Kate has a new job"

For next week:

"Monday November 25th
Chad's meeting with Stefano doesn't go the way he imagined

Tuesday November 26th
Xander tells Sarah he loves her
Abigail and JJ talk about Haley's death

Wednesday November 27th
Marlena receive a present from an admirer
Gina finishes her portrait of Stefano
Sonny invites Evan to mark the Holiday with him
Eve celebrates her first thanksgiving in prison with Hattie

More spoilers
Lani comes clean with Kristen (in the convent Lani finally unburdens and reveals how Gabi manipulated her into breaking up with Eli"

These are likely to air on this Friday 11/22 or Monday 11/25:

"Eric proposes to Nicole
Ben confides in Will
Abigail senses Eli is spying on her and Chad"

All from S O D - As a reminder, Days will not air the 28th or 29th. I will post article scans later in the week.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Ben defending Will.. oh goodie Will is going to end up besties with the dude who strangled him to death....

I hate it, and I've known it's been coming since hearing they'd be cellmates. Ron is theee most predictable writer when it comes to one character on this show, which means the serial killer must look good at all costs. Never mind the fact that Will can handle himself, and has stated as much in the past... 🤦‍♀️

• Love 4