Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

JJ is injured.  Wait.  Gabi will be blamed by the Hortons if they care.

This show acts like JJ and Gabi are complete strangers so I doubt it.

It depends on why and how he gets injured. I wonder if this is why Chad/Abby return I figure something would have to happen to either JJ or Jennifer to get them to return to Salem.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I'd love to see Claire back.  Something I'd also love to see is a true surprise return.

I liked Claire but not sure what's here for her if she were to return Tripp is gone, JJ/Haley will soon follow she'll probably be stuck terrorizing Ciara ... I mean the show doesn't seem to care about writing for her.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

No, they don't.  But I'd be down with her terrorizing Ciara for awhile, then bring on a guy for her.  Or put her with Ben.  While I'm not a fan of his, she actually had some chemistry with him.

I would've been open to Ben/Claire tbh if he weren't an SK I know they neutered the SK persona from him but I really don't like how they treat what he did as inconsequential and takes the drama out of everything. I would've gone for a Rory/Claire pairing but they don't care about him either.

• Love 3

I wonder if we'll see Rory again before JJ leaves town. I doubt it.

I hate that Claire's considered a psycho now. To me, she's still the sweet girl playing on the electronic keyboard hoping her parents will get back together.

Ron is pretty good at the Halloween episodes though, so if I have to see her being evil and setting things on fire, at least I have some faith it'll be entertaining.

Can they really show anybody smoking on television these days? Are we actually going to see Hope sitting there with a lit cigarette puffing away?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hate that Claire's considered a psycho now. To me, she's still the sweet girl playing on the electronic keyboard hoping her parents will get back together.

Ron is pretty good at the Halloween episodes though, so if I have to see her being evil and setting things on fire, at least I have some faith it'll be entertaining.

Can they really show anybody smoking on television these days? Are we actually going to see Hope sitting there with a lit cigarette puffing away?

I don't know I read abby was smoking on the web series lol

39 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I don't know I read abby was smoking on the web series lol

That's probably because its a web series and technically not TV

53 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

If JJ/Haley get married and live HEA I could see him having a strange part in it beyond that? No.

• Love 1

Days does a good promo too bad the actual product doesn't live up to it.

I like both couples but I wish there was a better build up to these proposals especially Justin/Adrienne who are barely on and this screams "We're going to kill her off soon" so we're featuring them now.

It looks like there's a new set for once...

• Love 3

I feel badly for Judi. She could have been involved in the Jack storyline all year, but instead she was there in January and then pretty much vanished. And if all they let her do is come back as Bonnie, that doesn't bode well for her longevity on the series. Bonnie is only good in small doses.

She's a fantastic actress and they're lucky to have her, but they sure don't know how to make any good use of her. Of course the same can be said for countless others...

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sooooooo hate Princess Gina.

Oh, look! Jordan is trying to kill Ciara. AGAIN.

Gabi has no real leverage to make Lani dump Eli. So WTF is this shit?

Can Ron do ANYTHING new?

Actually with Gabi she apparently owns the rights to the Pacemaker Julie needs and won't let Julie have it unless Lani dumps Eli at the altar.....

Otherwise I do agree with you on the rest of the post. I don't hate PG as much as I just don't care. 

If the show had just given Hope/Aiden a real chance we would've been spared so much...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

image.png.2ed8431e4b2c6c8bfe91e0bd8eec475f.png

image.thumb.png.582da2e33a0c9ccecd31da71fd8cf377.png

Haley never interacted w/ Hope so how would she know if Hope is acting strange... 

Jordan attacking JJ I wonder if its intentional or by accident... they never interacted before this which is kind of surprising given how they knew the same people.

• Love 3

Hope was brainwashed/surgeried/rosary hypnotized into Princess Gina. No one saw that coming. 

Ron loves his DID or fake identities stories like I love comfy pants. 

I don’t think transplant patients also get pacemakers like a day after. You’d think I’d know more about this shit since my grandfather had a pacemaker and my grandmother had a heart transplant and I have heart defects but giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2948cbc1deed014659b3

.... I don’t anyhow there’s a lot of shit going on to keep Julie ticking like she’s the new Days hourglass.

If Jordan poisons the cupcake that’s high key dumb cuz no one would have a motive to do it or they could easily find out who made the sweets but maybe if she succeeds Rafe could accidentally scarf it or Ciara could give Ben a poison frosting laced kiss.

Jack and Jennifer are too cute together. Be in love you two fucking dorks. He really brings out the best of her, which ugh FINALLY and it’s nice to see some actual romance on this show that’s character driven. 

Intriguing about the smoking stuff mentioned by posters above for “Gina” and Jar Jar on Days webseries. I happen to know smoking is verboten on network tv and on YouTube it causes videos to automatically be demonitized. If the Days webseries was actually about people I gave AF about I’d have tuned in like a MF. 

I miss Claire. I’m glad we will have her back even if it’s briefly. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Actually with Gabi she apparently owns the rights to the Pacemaker Julie needs and won't let Julie have it unless Lani dumps Eli at the altar.....

But it's still very little leverage.  What would stop her from telling Eli what Gabi is demanding?  What would stop them from playing along with it until Julie gets her pacemaker and then they could just get back together?

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But it's still very little leverage.  What would stop her from telling Eli what Gabi is demanding?  What would stop them from playing along with it until Julie gets her pacemaker and then they could just get back together?

On a soap where characters aren't dumbed down for plot? Nothing but because they have a storyline they will be dumbed down for plot I mean Eli thinks Gabi is over her bitterness about Julie etc 😂 which makes him almost as dumb as Brady is right now..

I would like the latter part to be what really happens but I doubt the show would allow Eli and Lani to be that smart vs Gabi.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Ron loves his DID or fake identities stories like I love comfy pants.

I have come to hate the sight of a character's name in quotes like "Nicole" and now "Hope"

Gaby with a y was a spin through hell also. 

The Kristen is preggers story is the most distasteful to me right now. Yeah sure, reward the psycho with a baby by her obsession and have her absolved of all her crimes. What a rewarding payoff for the audience after months of watching Kristen's heinous scheming. Between this and the Gina story (and Hope's bad acting - now with 100% more bad accent), I feel like the show is becoming unwatchable. 

Jordan's whole obsession with Ciara thing is so stupid.Ciara's great crime is basically dating Ben and thinking he has changed. That is worthy of a few lashes with the cat-o-nine tails but not death. If she thinks her brother is so bad and not a true reformed SK, why not trying killing him and not his girlfriend? WTF does that accomplish? Dude can just get a new g/f and then what? Jordan will kill her too? DUMB!

• Love 12

Yes please, good idea, just kill Ben if he’s the real threat. Follow him to a gym or in DiMera compound and drop a bar bell on his neck while he’s on the bench. Jordan was a physical therapist she knows all about exercise injuries. 

KA was horrible as Princess Gina in Marlena’s heaven and hell episodes last year and during her “Midnight Hope” run. Very few people can pull off alter ego or DID story lines. Erika Slezak/Viki on OLTL and David Canary on AMC playing twins for decades and each twin impersonating each other, with shades of the real one subtly coming through ruined me. David Canary was imho the greatest actor on soaps, this man if he didn’t stick to daytime would have been winning Oscars, he was that good at spinning shit to gold and putting purpose and authentic emotion in even throw away scenes.  

Watch no one will catch on Hope is brainwashed or chipped into Gina for months then it will be tidily wrapped up in one episode when Ron gets bored. And probably Ben, Ciara, Abby will sleuth that out against the rest of the Salem dum dums so one of them will get propped and ass pats. 

I agree Kristen actually raped Brady and that’s glossed over. 

• Love 9

Thought Sonny parents were already married.  

John sure has a lot obsessed women attracted to him  

Gabi I love you but I want my Eli/Lani wedding.   

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Thought Sonny parents were already married.  

John sure has a lot obsessed women attracted to him  

Gabi I love you but I want my Eli/Lani wedding.   

I'm surprised the show never did a throwaway line of Justin/Adrienne being married off screen. Normally I'd enjoy the proposal but they have barely been on for me to care at this point. 

John and Brady have a lot of fixated women attracted to them. 

I agree with the others especially about David Canary(the inspiration for my username I do wonder why he never had a better career sure there was Bonanza but still..).

Also how Kristen raping Brady is glossed over. 

If its bad now it makes you wonder what the show will be like a few months from now.... that's why I'm so relieved JJ is leaving soon I wish the other characters I liked on this show could be so lucky. I can't help but think we haven't seen the worst of it yet.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Jordan's whole obsession with Ciara thing is so stupid.Ciara's great crime is basically dating Ben and thinking he has changed. That is worthy of a few lashes with the cat-o-nine tails but not death. If she thinks her brother is so bad and not a true reformed SK, why not trying killing him and not his girlfriend? WTF does that accomplish? Dude can just get a new g/f and then what? Jordan will kill her too? DUMB!

My theory about why Jordan is going after Ciara and not Ben is jealousy. Jordan was Ben's protector. She relied on him to stay safe, and she became his entire world. Now Ben has Ciara and Jordan feels left out. In her mind, Ciara has taken her place in Ben's life, and Jordan can't have that, so Jordan wants Ciara gone and/or dead...anything to get her out of Ben's life.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

Ooooh, that's dark but fitting. And also has more shades of in cest which seems a recurring theme with this messed up Westin bunch.

Is it just need me or should Clyde be the one back in Salem acting crazy? He's the one who Ben..and Jordan...really need closure with.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

My theory about why Jordan is going after Ciara and not Ben is jealousy. Jordan was Ben's protector. She relied on him to stay safe, and she became his entire world. Now Ben has Ciara and Jordan feels left out. In her mind, Ciara has taken her place in Ben's life, and Jordan can't have that, so Jordan wants Ciara gone and/or dead...anything to get her out of Ben's life.

That would salvage this story a bit if that's really her motivation but that makes too much sense and is too character driven for this show so...

• Love 1

Yes DC could have easily been another Michael Caine had he done films instead of daytime. I heard when he negotiated his contract he was paid salaries for each of his dual roles (which soap actors usually don’t get) and it was made known the entire time he’d never be let go. ED/ex-Kristen and ex-Ashley on Y&R made a lot of money too. When she was on RHs they had to match her union scale set forth from her professional history so she was paid 1 million dollars for each season (30 episodes? A couple months work a year filmed) that’s nothing to sneeze at. 

• Love 4

Not sure if I should post it here but there's a rumor floating around that Phillip/Belle/Shawn may be returning next summer. 

While I think these characters shouldn't have left this canvas in the first place I shudder to think what Ron  will do to them. I mean I'm getting JJ out the door and they would bring in Phillip.. I fear would could be in store for him. Now if its just a short visit? Cool. Otherwise...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

They already did Philip, Belle and Shawn and resolved it. And it wasn't interesting.

Philip was sniffing around Chloe and then ran away from Deimos. Why not bring that back up and have Chloe return? Although I did like Rex with Chloe so....why not bring back Rex who will have to adjust to the new life Sarah has made for herself (whatever that is) while seeing Chloe pursued by Phillip. And have Chloe in a love triangle with both guys? It could be interesting.

• Love 5

Brandon Beemer posted a video from the studio the other day so I am pretty certain Shawn will be back and Im assuming Belle as well. Ron sucks but rather than not want to see characters I like be back at all Im choosing to hope for the best (and believe me I know its likely wishful thinking give the shit Steve rumor).

• Love 4

I’d be pretty excited for Philip but not in the form of JPL. I always miss Philip, Belle and Shawn being on the show. So I hope it’s true.

The budget is strained, the schedule is crazy being 8 months ahead  but it was just a little ridiculous that only 1 of Kate’s children came to say goodbye as they thought she was going to die. That’s over now but it still was silly. 

Definitely Team Gabi over here. I will be interested to see how Lani and Eli’s wedding goes because it was in the promo a month ago. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Brandon Beemer posted a video from the studio the other day so I am pretty certain Shawn will be back and Im assuming Belle as well. Ron sucks but rather than not want to see characters I like be back at all Im choosing to hope for the best (and believe me I know its likely wishful thinking give the shit Steve rumor).

Shawn will be back that's confirmed it will be in February I think whatever is going on with Hope will hopefully be resolved by then as his return is tied to her. 

Word to your last sentence. Characters you like sticking around the writing isn't suddenly going to get better.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

They already did Philip, Belle and Shawn and resolved it. And it wasn't interesting.

Philip was sniffing around Chloe and then ran away from Deimos. Why not bring that back up and have Chloe return? Although I did like Rex with Chloe so....why not bring back Rex who will have to adjust to the new life Sarah has made for herself (whatever that is) while seeing Chloe pursued by Phillip. And have Chloe in a love triangle with both guys? It could be interesting.

For me these characters sticking around is that they were the future of the families on this show John/Marlena/Bo/Hope/Victor etc. instead of these retcons that we were subjected to they had a ton of story they could've told with these four we watched grow up on the show. The show might not have suffered creatively as a result. The show is lacking in the 20-40 crowd plus they weren't completely psycho like a lot of the characters we have now that is being normalized by this show. I like the vets but they can't tell the same stories now they used to back then with them either...

• Love 2

If Phillip comes back it should be a requirement he’s Jay Kenneth Johnson or a new recast who isn’t an ab model. 

I like Belle and Shawn as well but not sure how they’ll fit in the canvas and zany show culture going on. I feel like Ron and Corday are attempting outlandish things and bringing fan faves back in desperation or boredom. Maybe it will be some dumb shit like Belle comes back to try to exonerate Will and Ben who are both behind bars after the time jump. And Phillip comes back to run Titan since Victor is firing Brady and attached to his favorite comfy chair. It goes without saying they’ll all probably live in the Kiriakis mansion of endless identical bedrooms with a modest sized living room and foyer or Salem Inn. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think that Gabi's hold over Lani and the pacemaker will be like Stefan had over Steve's bionic eye. If Lani doesn't do what she wants, she will control the pacemaker and turn it off or start shocking her or something like that. It's still stupid, though.

Yeah, well, that's still pretty dumb.  If Lani just tells the truth, then if anything happened with the pacemaker software, Gabi's would be suspect Numero Uno for premeditated murder.

The hold Stefan had with Kayla after it was implanted was telling Steve it came from Stefan and Kayla went behind his back to work with Stefan to get it.  

• Love 6

Lani doing all this over Julie who I'm sure she likes and vice versa doesn't really make a lot of sense if they really wanted it to be soapy she should've done all this for Valerie instead(yes even if she's a heart surgeon and would be totally dumbed down for plot but I digress..)

That being said Gabi vs Lani is rather flat  and DOA for a variety of reasons and it hasn't started yet.  Also brings out the glaring problem.. characters being dumbed down for plot.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think that Gabi's hold over Lani and the pacemaker will be like Stefan had over Steve's bionic eye. If Lani doesn't do what she wants, she will control the pacemaker and turn it off or start shocking her or something like that. It's still stupid, though.

And this is the problem with Ron's usual "story plots you can drive a Mack truck through!" writing, in that all Lani would have to do is spill and Gabi can find herself back in prison for murder/attempted murder. The end.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Goodbye Adrienne. 

While I think she's being killed off that's not who he was referring to there was a pic of the cast and he mentioned it would be someone else in that picture(Adrienne wasn't in the pic)

74494386_1561431433999125_63904442759344

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Yeah, well, that's still pretty dumb.  If Lani just tells the truth, then if anything happened with the pacemaker software, Gabi's would be suspect Numero Uno for premeditated murder.

The hold Stefan had with Kayla after it was implanted was telling Steve it came from Stefan and Kayla went behind his back to work with Stefan to get it.  

If it’s a clinical trial or experimental treatment she is perfectly in the rights to refuse it. Even if it’s to keep the world’s most bland wig wearer from marrying a good looking human embodiment of room temperature water, since the monotone Party City wig shot out her husband’s throat. Petty, but people have been denied medical treatment and procedures for almost as capricious reasons. 

• LOL 3