Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I'm curious if the show is renewed will this time jump still stick or will it be undone? Or what if gets cancelled and it ends during this time jump with no real ending?!

Regardless JJ exiting stage left relatively undamaged in comparison to everyone else is really the best thing I read about any of these spoilers(if they come to pass that is) 

• Love 1

Thanks for posting those @CanaryFan98 I was thinking about bringing a link over so that works to have the tweets here. They're still tweeting away right now...

This is from someone in the know who has seen the tweets from this account: "...some of this is right, some is wrong, and some is close but not quite. Also, some we just plain already knew anyway. I don’t want to tease things, and I don’t particularly want to spoil things, so I will just say that there’s a LOT not even being touched in the “leaks.” "

EDIT: They also said that "...I'm about 98% sure that the majority of what's being shared on twitter right now is entirely made up. The good news, it will probably make what actually airs seems relatively tame in comparison." Okay, I might be coming back in off the ledge now. At least for tonight lmao.

@Silver Raven Evan is apparently bisexual. And I'm personally going to hope he moves on with one of the women on the show when Will inevitably gets out of jail lol. 😉 I need my WilSon together, dangit! 😂

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So I'm reading that Evan is gay and will be Sonny's new boyfriend.

And Evan is allegedly a Marlena/John kid, right?  That's kinda boring if true, the third LGBT character in a row tied to them, John specifically.  How about someone from a different family?  Like...I dunno, Eve and Theresa's brother we've never seen.

And not to spoil anyone's fun, but I'd take these with a big grain of salt personally.

And I'll also say this about the time jump.  At least the show is doing something, unlike GH, for example, which thinks it's awesome and every story is awesome and every character is a winner and is the soap equivalent of that "Everything's fine!" dog meme.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I mean, they could have all the actors strip and take a poop on set and that'd be different too.  And frankly, much more palatable than what's being posted on Twitter because at least I'd understand where people pooping comes from.

Many of these twists?  No.  It's shock value for shock value's sake.  No build up. No foreshadowing.  No testing.  Just throwing stuff at the wall for a short term gain.

As for the J&J story--PB & J, does that mean Jack is actually Peter Brady?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Holy shit! Im reading the entire timeline of that person posting the spoilers. IF these are accurate, has Ron lost his damn mind? Hope being gone and Princess Gina is permanent? Wait for it..Ben and Will having a one night stand in prison? What in the hell?!

I...can see now where the "Ron might be fired for what's coming" talk originated from. Even if only half of this is true...wow. So much suck!

I prefer Bonnie to Adrienne but why kill Sonny's mother/Jack's sister? You just reunited her with Justin.

Can someone please explain to the bigwigs in charge that if they want to secure a renewal and bump up the ratings, they should make use of their excellent cast of actors who can spin even the smallest moments into emotional ones that resonate only if they are given scripts written with sensitivity and insight into the human condition. No matter how talented an actor is, they cannot deliver a good performance when they're being asked to justify mindless twists and shock value plots. That's not why the audience watches soaps anyways. They watch it for the long-term character growth and emotional relationships that are supposed to reflect the ones we have in our lives.

I mean if you really want to save the show Ron, why don't you make John and Marlena live on the moon, and Ciara date a puppy dog, and Justin become a break dancer, and Will invent a time machine...? That'd really show us how much creativity and passion you've got.

Sweet Jesus. Does nobody know how to write for soaps anymore? We've already got characters coming back from the dead every other week, characters leaving town and coming into town every other week, characters bashing each other in the head and going to jail and going to the hospital every other week, and engagements and interrupted weddings and attempted murders. Obviously if that's not working, what we really need is more of the same! Only crazier!

One of my favourite memories from the show the last few years didn't even have dialogue from what I remember. It was the Christmas episode of few years back when Belle just came back to John and Marlena's townhouse and sat on the couch with her two parents eating popcorn and watching a movie. That was so sweet and touching and simple and human.

Ron is so determined to rush through and rehash all these plot points and stunts that he has completely forgotten who these characters are supposed to be.

• Love 9

Evan could have easily been the offspring of Eugene Bradford and Calliope . Eugene paying homage to Marlena by naming his offspring Evan does make sense since they were both very close friends. Plus marlena did name Sami after Eugene.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I'll also say this about the time jump.  At least the show is doing something

But is it? How many times have we seen Princess Gina over the last two decades? Bonnie Lockhart and her crap? And people having memories/whatever of other people? (If the Steve having Stefano's brain shit is true.)

As for the mixed couples, if any of this is true? It doesn't scream "trying" to me. It screams, "I, Ron Carlivati, cannot write a linear story with all the needed beats to save my sorry life. So I'll just skip the build and BAM! New couples already in progress!"

It's cheap. It's lazy. And saddest of all, it's stale. I fully expect another story reversal a la "New Salem"/Melaswen BS when this bombs, too.

• Love 9

The time jump is their way of admitting that Carlivati's present writing stint has been a collosal failure .

Carlivati has written so much nonsense that he has backed himself into a corner . Afterall his writing style is plot based and relies on contrieved character behaviour and motivations . 

It explains why he clearly has no clue how to resolve the very storylines he crafted. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Rafael said:

The time jump is their way of admitting that Carlivati's present writing stint has been a collosal failure .

Carlivati has written so much nonsense that he has backed himself into a corner . Afterall his writing style is plot based and relies on contrieved character behaviour and motivations . 

It explains why he clearly has no clue how to resolve the very storylines he crafted. 

It's too bad Passions is no longer on the air. (I NEVER thought I'd type those words.) Ron could complete his quest to be Reilly Part Deux and go stink things up there. After all, as far as I am concerned, it was the Reilly possession shit that ultimately ripped apart the fabric of what was once at least a semi-realistic soap. The high ratings were only the "car wreck syndrome" in action. And this show has suffered ever since. Ron seems determined to put the final bullet into this soap.

• Love 9

They should have used the Abby and Chad in paris storyline to reintroduce Peter Blake -DiMera. 

After a long stint in jail ,he is enjoying his freedom in Paris and goes to meet Chad and seek Abby's forgiveness. 

Abby is Peter's ex step daughter and Chad is Peter's brother .Plus Chad and Peter have never even met. 

Abby and Peter got along whenhe was her step daddy until Peter went over the edge thanks to jungle madness . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

Evan will be John and Marlena's offspring? 

Good ,then the time is right to undo the " Paul Narita is John's son "nonsense since Paul's conception does not fit into Marlena's demon storyline. 

Paul should have been Peter Blake-DiMera's son .Afterall Peter was present in  Salem during the demon storyline . 

• Love 3

Well, folks, if all of this comes to pass, can we make arrangements to meet on some other show? I'll miss y'all so much, but I can't be here for this bullshit. Famous last words, I know, but both my stomach and my head were writhing in disgust while reading those spoilers. For now, I'm holding the thought that at least half of them aren't true. Even if so, not sure I can live with the other half anyway. Look what they've done to my show (ma). 

Edited by Lastwaltz
spelling
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

Well, folks, if all of this comes to pass, can we make arrangements to meet on some other show? I'll miss y'all so much, but I can't be here for this bullshit. Famous last words, I know, but both my stomach and my head were writhing in disgust while reading those spoilers. For now, I'm holding the thought that at least half of them aren't true. Even if so, not sure I can live with the other half anyway. Look what they've done to my show (ma). 

I feel like you do, LastWaltz.  If this comes to pass, I don't think I can bear to watch the humiliation of the show, because that's what it will feel like.  Remove the humanity from DOOL - and it's already running low, IMO - and there's nothing of interest left for me.   The constant parade of crazies is already overwhelming, and I don't want to watch a clown show, especially when characters I still have affection for are turned into even bigger caricatures than they are now.

Ugh.

• Love 13

Those spoilers are just...no.  Will and Ben?  That's fanfiction right there.  Sonny has a new boyfriend and he's bi?  I think we all know how that's going to work out.  He's probably going to cheat on Sonny with a woman and Sonny will end up looking like a dummy, which seems to be Ron's favorite past time.

Adrienne gets killed off but Bonnie gets to hang around?  Of course.  Bonnie is the type of character that Ron loves to write for.  He can't do anything with Adrienne.  He doesn't know how to write for a character like that so let's just kill her off.

I can't even get into the more insane spoilers because I was laughing and shaking my head by that point.  Either way, I hope most of that junk is fake.  If not, that would be it for me.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Those spoilers are just...no.  Will and Ben?  That's fanfiction right there.  Sonny has a new boyfriend and he's bi?  I think we all know how that's going to work out.  He's probably going to cheat on Sonny with a woman and Sonny will end up looking like a dummy, which seems to be Ron's favorite past time.

Adrienne gets killed off but Bonnie gets to hang around?  Of course.  Bonnie is the type of character that Ron loves to write for.  He can't do anything with Adrienne.  He doesn't know how to write for a character like that so let's just kill her off.

I can't even get into the more insane spoilers because I was laughing and shaking my head by that point.  Either way, I hope most of that junk is fake.  If not, that would be it for me.

I can't even think about the Will/Ben b.s. because it's too early in the morning for my head to explode.  But the Adrienne gets killed off stuff is bad enough that I can feel my cranium expanding. 

And he KEEPS Bonnie Lockhart?!??!  She was always a one-note joke, like Hattie Adams, not a fully fleshed character and frankly, I had my fill of her years ago.  To lose Adrienne for THAT??..... Show will resemble a demented puppet show.  

Remember when we thought Swamp Baby was the worst thing?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

Good ,then the time is right to undo the " Paul Narita is John's son "nonsense since Paul's conception does not fit into Marlena's demon storyline. 

Paul should have been Peter Blake-DiMera's son .Afterall Peter was present in  Salem during the demon storyline . 

I want to hug this post. I will never stop shouting from the rooftop about this one, because it never made any sense whatsoever to make him John's son. The timing literally never would have worked. And if it turned out this way, that he's actually Peter's son? They could finally turn Paul fully dark. Christopher Sean played a phenomenal villain on H50 and would be perfect for it (if they end up bringing him back, otherwise they'd just need to find a recast with a more menacing look). It's fanwanking on my part, but I've always wanted to see him as essentially the Kristen to Will & Sonny. That way, they'd always have a villain to look out for while only strengthening as a couple.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, boes said:

I feel like you do, LastWaltz.  If this comes to pass, I don't think I can bear to watch the humiliation of the show, because that's what it will feel like.  Remove the humanity from DOOL - and it's already running low, IMO - and there's nothing of interest left for me.   The constant parade of crazies is already overwhelming, and I don't want to watch a clown show, especially when characters I still have affection for are turned into even bigger caricatures than they are now.

Ugh.

I can't help thinking that a show like Ducktales has more genuine human emotional beats than this mess.

I have been off and on with this show since the '70's.  I think I'll be gone for good after this time jump.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Rafael said:

Evan was an embryo that was frozen and then thawed out after several years, so his conception and birth are a gap.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Evan was an embryo that was frozen and then thawed out after several years, so his conception and birth are a gap.

So I guess this is DOOL's version of a puddin' pop?  

Or would that be Daddy John......

I'm SO confused.....

• LOL 7

Meeting somewhere else would be fun. I enjoy chatting with you guys.

Shall we start placing bets on how much worse the ratings are going to get after all the 50+ fans watching this show completely lose the narrative? This is going to be quite a shock for people who miss a few episodes and then tune back in with no clue what the hell is going on.

• Love 6

Let me get this straight, I have sat through 10 straight months of waiting for Jack to get his memory back and reunite with Jennifer and I get one fucking month of happiness before they tear them apart! Not only that but they are effectively getting rid of the Johnson clan completely if the rumors are true and Steve now has Stefano's brain, Jack may be Peter Blake and Adrienne is dead. In addition, we are getting a replay of Shayla, one of the biggest failed romances in this shows history, with Kayla and Justin?

No, just fucking no! I cannot believe anyone signed off on this bullshit. Ben and Will sleeping together? Marlena and John get a new kid? Everyone is having and raising the wrong baby (except for Ron's pet Kristen of course) due to an massive embryo switch? This is beyond stupid and insulting to longtime viewers like myself who stayed with this show through a lot of shit, including the possession of Marlena and Melaswen.

I'll keep watching in hopes that someone steps up and finally fires this hack and makes all of this a fucking dream just like the last season of Roseanne or Dallas.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Rafe & Eve  are not  in the time jump ?

i don’t get the P&J clue.  

KDP is leaving before that.

Rafe is involved there's just no real story with him. 

I guess I'm one of the few that prefers Adrienne to Bonnie who has no redeemable quality to her. Adrienne is too nice and decent for this show to write a story for god forbid. I mean Adrienne isn't a wimp they could spice her up a bit plus it figures when we finally get Jack/Steve/Adrienne on the show at the same time they mess it up.

The time jump IMO is because Days doesn't believe they are going to be renewed and this is their way of resolving storylines. Regardless JJ seems to be relatively undamaged by this and will exit real soon. What great timing for him.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

I don't believe these spoilers are true,  they are just too awful to be true.  

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I guess I'm one of the few that prefers Adrienne to Bonnie who has no redeemable quality to her. Adrienne is too nice and decent for this show to write a story for god forbid. I mean Adrienne isn't a wimp they could spice her up a bit plus it figures when we finally get Jack/Steve/Adrienne on the show at the same time they mess it up.

I too love Adrienne. Adrienne has always had fire, Ron is too stupid to give her, her edge back. Adrienne is a Johnson, she is not a weak woman.  She moved heaven and earth to find her big brother Steve to mend her Mother's broken heart.  I hate Ron, what an asshole! he has always been a hack with thin-skinned and vindictive streak..

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't believe these spoilers are true,  they are just too awful to be true.  

I too love Adrienne. Adrienne has always had fire, Ron is too stupid to give her, her edge back. Adrienne is a Johnson, she is not a weak woman.  She moved heaven and earth to find her big brother Steve to mend her Mother's broken heart.  I hate Ron, what an asshole! he has always been a hack with thin-skinned and vindictive streak..

And yet they are so awful and just like Ron its hard to believe it isn't true(well some of it).

I think Kayla/Justin, Adrienne dies, Gabi/Eli, Steve/Kate,JJ/Haley leaving in Feb, Evan being a Jarlena spawn are all true. Valerie returning also true.

I don't buy Ben/Will I mean the show apparently dumped Leo because he was considered "too gay" but they would pair Ben/Will together?! 

The best spoiler of the bunch is that JJ is leaving I know there are those who want their faves to stick around or return but yeah not me....  I root for anyone I like to be ignored or escape with the quickness at this rate.

Regardless this is a soap if Days manages to survive this for another year this can be undone.. if it ends up getting cancelled with no resolution.. yeah.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I...can see now where the "Ron might be fired for what's coming" talk originated from. Even if only half of this is true...wow. So much suck!

I prefer Bonnie to Adrienne but why kill Sonny's mother/Jack's sister? You just reunited her with Justin.

Can someone please explain to the bigwigs in charge that if they want to secure a renewal and bump up the ratings, they should make use of their excellent cast of actors who can spin even the smallest moments into emotional ones that resonate only if they are given scripts written with sensitivity and insight into the human condition. No matter how talented an actor is, they cannot deliver a good performance when they're being asked to justify mindless twists and shock value plots. That's not why the audience watches soaps anyways. They watch it for the long-term character growth and emotional relationships that are supposed to reflect the ones we have in our lives.

I mean if you really want to save the show Ron, why don't you make John and Marlena live on the moon, and Ciara date a puppy dog, and Justin become a break dancer, and Will invent a time machine...? That'd really show us how much creativity and passion you've got.

Sweet Jesus. Does nobody know how to write for soaps anymore? We've already got characters coming back from the dead every other week, characters leaving town and coming into town every other week, characters bashing each other in the head and going to jail and going to the hospital every other week, and engagements and interrupted weddings and attempted murders. Obviously if that's not working, what we really need is more of the same! Only crazier!

One of my favourite memories from the show the last few years didn't even have dialogue from what I remember. It was the Christmas episode of few years back when Belle just came back to John and Marlena's townhouse and sat on the couch with her two parents eating popcorn and watching a movie. That was so sweet and touching and simple and human.

Ron is so determined to rush through and rehash all these plot points and stunts that he has completely forgotten who these characters are supposed to be.

Your description of Jarlena/Belle sitting down made me curious to find that clip I believe its the one at the end of this video montage

• Love 1