Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Is that true Leo was let go because he was too gay ? I don’t even know what that means. 

Yeah, I agree.  Besides, from this side of the screen it seemed pretty obvious that Leo was a short-term character, existing solely to give Sonny and Will grief and provide some humor along the way.

• Love 3

Most of those Time Jump©️ spoilers don't sound much worse than anything that's happening now but maybe that's because I given up hope on the show being good again.  It sounds like the show will go from being thoughtless and plot-driven to being thoughtless and plot-driven.   

If anything were to bother me it would be Steve/Patch being Stefano, and that's only I think there's no good reason to burden any actor with trying to embody that character.  There are plenty of villains to choose from.  Leave Stefano Alone!  

• Love 10
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Is that true Leo was let go because he was too gay ? I don’t even know what that means. 

Yeah, the story apparently was ended early because one of the EPs (not Corday or Meng, so that leaves the one that I loathe - Alarr) said the story itself was "too gay." If the rumors are true that the higher ups took over the storytelling from spring-summer, I'd bet good money that that was the moment things shifted.

Edit: And regarding that time jump twitter account. It was started by a known troll in the Days twitter community who took the original facebook post (which had relatively little info with zero context) and ran with it. Some of their "info" may turn out to be accurate through sheer dumb luck, but the vast majority of it is completely made up.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Yeah, the story apparently was ended early because one of the EPs (not Corday or Meng, so that leaves the one that I loathe - Alarr) said the story itself was "too gay." If the rumors are true that the higher ups took over the storytelling from spring-summer, I'd bet good money that that was the moment things shifted.

Thanks for filling that in, QueenSerena.  I was so hoping that wasn't true.  What utter Bullshit that a storyline could be killed to satisfy someone's retrograde prejudice.

Welcome (back) to the bad old days of Daytime.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

Edit: And regarding that time jump twitter account. It was started by a known troll in the Days twitter community who took the original facebook post (which had relatively little info with zero context) and ran with it. Some of their "info" may turn out to be accurate through sheer dumb luck, but the vast majority of it is completely made up.

Clinging to hope. 

• Love 6

I am also clinging to hope. Like a lot of you came back for Jack and Jennifer and it has been a rough year. Expected more than a few weeks of them back for real before this hits the fan

Also Steve and Kayla are sacred to me. I quit before when he died and they put her with Shane. I can't watch her with Justin feels like incest lol

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I am also clinging to hope. Like a lot of you came back for Jack and Jennifer and it has been a rough year. Expected more than a few weeks of them back for real before this hits the fan

Also Steve and Kayla are sacred to me. I quit before when he died and they put her with Shane. I can't watch her with Justin feels like incest lol 

WIth you 100% on Patch/Steve and Kayla as well, @brisbydog 

• Love 3

Those spoilers sound too stupid to be true.  But, it's Days with Ron C. as the head writer, so it's possible.  I don't understand why this show won't let Steve/Kayla and Jack/Jennifer be together.  A couple can be interesting without having one cheat on the other, or having another long lost child show up to cause conflict, or having one go though a brain transplant in order to revive a long dead nemesis.

With that said, I actually wouldn't mind Princess Gina or whatever because I don't have any history with her (and in fact didn't even realize she was a real person as opposed to a split personality until a few months ago) and because Hope is a total bore.

I'll probably tune back in at the end of October to see if the show is going to be worth watching.  It'd be great if the time jump was interesting because I do miss watching Days and dishing with you all.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Those spoilers sound too stupid to be true.  But, it's Days with Ron C. as the head writer, so it's possible.  I don't understand why this show won't let Steve/Kayla and Jack/Jennifer be together.  A couple can be interesting without having one cheat on the other, or having another long lost child show up to cause conflict, or having one go though a brain transplant in order to revive a long dead nemesis.

With that said, I actually wouldn't mind Princess Gina or whatever because I don't have any history with her (and in fact didn't even realize she was a real person as opposed to a split personality until a few months ago) and because Hope is a total bore.

I'll probably tune back in at the end of October to see if the show is going to be worth watching.  It'd be great if the time jump was interesting because I do miss watching Days and dishing with you all.

On today's soap happy couples= boring. 

I think there should be a balance but that would require effort, imagination and none of that seems to be a requirement of soap writers anymore.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I don't understand why this show won't let Steve/Kayla and Jack/Jennifer be together.  A couple can be interesting without having one cheat on the other, or having another long lost child show up to cause conflict, or having one go though a brain transplant in order to revive a long dead nemesis.

4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

On today's soap happy couples= boring. 

But they could actually be DOING things.  They could have challenges that don't involve cheating or being kidnapped.  I want ANY of the couples to actually do something other than either sit around having sex and being all schmoopy or cheating on each other (apparently the only two things people can do in Salem.)  It would be great if DiMeara and Titan were both vying for the same account and there was a (respectful) rivalry that involved BOTH males and females working and coming up with campaigns rather than scheming all the time.  People working in the hospital could be working on cutting edge research.  Other people could be investigators solving crimes or mysteries.  There are many things people could do that would be interesting that doesn't involve unhappy relationships.  A great story line that was totally ignored was Jack's PTSD.

The J/J thing was starting to get interesting because it was almost like the slow burn of old.  They don't particularly like each other at this point but there is something that makes them keep trying.  If the writers were anything but hacks they would have had them far enough along on reconciliation that the serum or Jack regaining his memory was a nice surprise - NOT the driving force to them reconciling.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

God, I hope most - if not all! - is BS! But thanks.  🙂

• Love 8
On 9/23/2019 at 12:13 PM, QueenSerena said:

All right, this has been put out there in the last day or so, so I'll bring it over here too. These are supposedly the details of where some of the characters are after the time jump occurs. It's already been pointed out that the date they list is 100% incorrect (it will be later in November), but the person who clarified that part didn't say anything else was incorrect. So I don't know how much, if any, of this will end up being accurate:

Hide contents

EFJeH60XoAAd6tB.jpg

+ I read elsewhere that Adrienne might die.

If a mod wants me to delete or move this, just let me know as I'll have no problem with it.

🙄 though credit were it’s due Ben FINALLY  being in jail and the fact with Will in lockup Sonny has a new bf, is on trend, both never wasted time w new dudes when on the rocks or apart. Steve w Kate and Kayla w Justin just seem like a redux of Jack w Eve story who are they fooling. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

🙄 though credit were it’s due Ben FINALLY  being in jail and the fact with Will in lockup Sonny has a new bf, is on trend, both never wasted time w new dudes when on the rocks or apart.

My genuine hope for W&S is that there's more to those spoilers, if they're true. That one or both believe the new boyfriend framed Will and would be working to bring him down. Nothing shown recently would indicate that Sonny would move on if Will were still alive (unless, say, it's believed that Will killed Adrienne or something like that, and even then I could see Will getting through to Sonny). This is just so far from what I'd want to see for them, though, so I'm thoroughly prepared to be disappointed by Uncle Ron yet again. 😑

• Love 5

CanaryFan, yes that is indeed the moment I was referencing. Isn't it heartwarming? I miss seeing these characters just sitting on the couch, chatting or eating or being family. It's obvious when the actors enjoy each other's company.

Wait - does this mean Lani goes crazy? That's what the spoilers said! I wish I could know that that would be interesting. Mostly I'm just hopeful that it means she's a villain and will be killed off soon.

They really should have just recast her. I want to like Abe's daughter...

I would like to think that all those involved would hold any Stefano Returns storyline pitch to the highest level of scrutiny out of respect for Joe and his memory. If Stefano's mind is inside Steve's body, I can't see that playing out well. I don't even want to see an actor approximating what Joe did with the role. It would just feel like a parody. Show some respect.

• Love 7

I doubt Lani's descent into being a psycho is really going to amount to much even if I think her being a thirsty desperado makes more sense to me than being a heroine. That would require giving her a storyline etc. plus her and Eli are the token black couple on this show. The Eli/Gabi/Lani thing is a big tease but I don't see this being a full blown triangle because

1) A storyline where everyone is a POC yeah sure that will happen

2) This is two years too late they should've done this around the time Eli/Gabi were an actual item. 

At least this time around JJ has nothing to do with this for that I'm relieved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

A thought I had watching the promo - if/when Stefan O. dies, Gabi turning her scheming bitch high beams on Lani could be fun.  I mean, there's already no love lost there, and I'd rather see Gabi keep going in that vein versus being a sobbing mess.

• Love 7

I rather see that as well considering its Days and death is inconsequential unless the actor dies in RL(like Caroline, Alice etc) characters grieving beyond that scenario has lost all its dramatic effect at this point.

Plus this is how it should be done on a soap a shame Ron is writing it so I don't trust it to be good despite the potential. I'm just glad JJ won't be involved this time around.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Especially if Lani is the one who pulls the trigger, I can totally see Gabi going after Eli again.  You know how she loves her revenge plots! (But, I also think that she will be pregnant with a miracle baby.)

I don't think Gabi will be pregnant with a miracle baby if she's going to be with Eli given the tape to air delay with this show I don't see it happening. However if Stefan returns which is likely I could see it happening after that.

I'm surprised they would go through that trouble(switching hearts) I mean Jack donated all his organs and he came back. 

Not really sure why that wouldn't work for Stefan its not as if anything else about this show is rooted in realism at this point.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

If a certain elderly politician can get a heart irl, I don't know see Julie can't.  

Yes, but Julie wanted a HUMAN heart.  He whose name cannot be spoke was content with one from a lesser, wall-dwelling being.......

Though, come to think of it, Julie should be fine with the same, or if she needs an upgrade, one from a ventriloquist's dummy.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Oy. I feel like I heard several anvils yesterday re one of the worst of the gross rumors about the time jump.....it was implied Stefano is "alive" in the conversation between Vivian and Rolf, and then the dustup between Kate and Kayla, who normally don't interact very often. I think my skin actually crawled. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Oy. I feel like I heard several anvils yesterday re one of the worst of the gross rumors about the time jump.....it was implied Stefano is "alive" in the conversation between Vivian and Rolf, and then the dustup between Kate and Kayla, who normally don't interact very often. I think my skin actually crawled. 

Yep. I think that was confirmation on the 'Steve has Stefano's brain' spoiler.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yep. I think that was confirmation on the 'Steve has Stefano's brain' spoiler.

I dread this. I realize you all know that and I'm beating a dead horse, but god, I will just really hate this. There's no way they can make this work, and I'm pissed about it. 

• Love 10

Maybe this was another case of writer's revenge? The fans demanded that Jack be brought back, so they finally did and we got stuck with the horrendous "you got him back, but we never said it was the way he was" story with the horrible amnesia and even more horrible Eve. So, this is their revenge for fan demand that Steve come back? I can't believe that he would come back to this story, so I hope that is one of the fake spoilers.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Just when I think I cant be any more mortified with this show. I dont even have Steve's return to be happy about now.

I know 😠

9 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

o, this is their revenge for fan demand that Steve come back? I can't believe that he would come back to this story, so I hope that is one of the fake spoilers.

I was just thinking about this myself -- I can't imagine him being excited about this travesty of his character, but who knows what bills he has to pay, I guess. I hope you're right :)

• Love 2