Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, millennium said:

doubt an American would go off to Spain and start dictating terms about how traditions and ceremonies have to be altered to accommodate American expectations.   D

I have seen it happen plenty of times and no doubt in my mind Evelyn would be one to do it. This isn't about American traditions this is about the wedding and marriage of two people and both of their opinions should be considered.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Aika comes off the plane with Louis Vuitton purse and Louboutin heels (knockoffs?) --- and asks for the Porsche..... Yeah, she's going to love sharing a house with loser Josh.

(Also, I'm 75% convinced that Josh is actually Chris Lilley and I'm watching a sneak peek of his next HBO series.)

I felt terrible for Josh's plain-Jane girlfriend.   Aika is not what you want slinking around the house in front of your boyfriend every day.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, millennium said:

I'm on Evelyn's side when it comes to the tuxedos and the awkwardness of being expected to provide accommodations for snooty David's friends and family.   Tuxedos aren't unreasonable, while asking friends to put up complete strangers in their home is.

I doubt an American would go off to Spain and start dictating terms about how traditions and ceremonies have to be altered to accommodate American expectations.   David's a controlling, condescending, paunchy ass.   That's why he wants to be with someone so young -- so he can order her around.

What David said to Michaela was meant to hurt.   His plan of action is clear: he sees Michaela as an adversary and is determined to break up Evelyn and Michaela's friendship as quickly as possible to guarantee that he is the only influence in Evelyn's life.   After that, he'll try to alienate Evelyn from her parents and family.  I suspect that's also part of why he is so anxious to spirit Evelyn out of town.   

Somehow, even without Mykayla or her parents around, I'm thinking Evelyn would still be a bossy, smirking little PitA.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I have seen it happen plenty of times and no doubt in my mind Evelyn would be one to do it. This isn't about American traditions this is about the wedding and marriage of two people and both of their opinions should be considered.

Maybe I'm old school, or sexist, or whatever, but I have always felt the wedding day, its arrangements, etc. are more about the bride than the groom.   It's women who grow up daydreaming about their wedding day, not men.  Most grooms I have ever known defer to their beloved's wishes without much argument, and don't mind.

And if Evelyn's family is footing the bill for the wedding (which it seems, since David seems completely uninvolved in the preparations), then I think she/they get to decide what's appropriate and he should more or less shut up and be grateful.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, millennium said:

Maybe I'm old school, or sexist, or whatever, but I have always felt the wedding day, its arrangements, etc. are more about the bride than the groom.   It's women who grow up daydreaming about their wedding day, not men.  Most grooms I have ever known defer to their beloved's wishes without much argument, and don't mind.

And if Evelyn's family is footing the bill for the wedding (which it seems, since David seems completely uninvolved in the preparations), then I think she/they get to decide what's appropriate and he should more or less shut up and be grateful.

They clearly aren' footing the bill for the tuxes and David's friends are going to be the ones spending the most money given airfare and other travelling expenses even if they have accomadations.

I know of no woman, or rather no woman I am close to, has spent their lives dreaming of their wedding and all of my friends and family who have gotten married planning the wedding was an equal partnership where each made compromises or held firm on what was important to them and all had great weddings. Most of the weddings I have been to where it was declared "the brides day" and the bride behaved like Evelyn tended to be stress filled and joyless for most people involved guests included.

Luckily I told my parents at 5 that I never wanted to get married and found a partner who felt the same way so haven't had to plan my own but none of the planning processes I have been closely involved with have been bride centric which I think sets a very bad precedent for marriage.

Telling the groom to shut up and be grateful strikes me as a guarantee that this marriage will end up in divorce court.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Somehow, even without Mykayla or her parents around, I'm thinking Evelyn would still be a bossy, smirking little PitA.

It's probably the result of her being the center of the family's universe all her life.   They're all about the band, and as the parents themselves said, "Evelyn IS the band."   When they said that, I flashed to that old Twilight Zone episode.  You know the one:

latest?cb=20090818063230

• Love 12

My take on the episode is incomplete (sorry!) because I was trying to watch Jon Oliver at the same time.  But that said --  my question of last week was answered, and Oh yay!  Andrrrrei's occupation is:  Bouncer in a night club!  (I'm sure the producers put that in this week because they saw the question here last week.  Thanks guys.)  Now that we know that, we know he will respond very well to that hypothetical question "How will you contribute to American life when you live there?"    I don't hang out at bars, but I do watch 'Bar Rescue' sometimes, so I've see bouncers.  They sit in a corner and watch stuff, and push the occasional drunk around when it gets late.  Excellent career choice, Andrrrei.  But it seems to suit him, from what we have seen.

And what we saw tonight was, I thought, pretty scary.  Elizabeth was probably too pushy about "cramming for the test", but he was really hostile and misunderstood everything she said on purpose.   Further, he was sort of planning to snap back, or walk out, if the interviewer "is having a bad day or something."      Tastes differ, but I was surprised that a few of y'all thought him sexy; I guess in the "I've always liked bad boys" way.  I just thought he was apt to blow up any time, and if the cameras weren't there, or in any other situation where things weren't going his way, he could easily lose it and smack her.  

Am signing in, of course, for the I Totally Hate Evelyn club, and the Nicole is a Miserable Human Being Club.  (Gosh the internet makes us all Mean Girls doesn't it.  I feel remotely bad about that.)    

• Love 14
1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

Many women in impoverished countries have very limited options for employment. Trying to survive isn't a character flaw. I know plenty of Florida gals who have married an old fat wallet and it doesn't make them scumbags. 

This is true. I'm not suggesting that she's a scumbag. But he met her in a karaoke bar.  The women who work in those bars are paid to "entertain" customers by singing and drinking with them in private rooms, and then whatever else happens, happens. There is a strong connection between Thai karaoke bars and prostitution.

The women are actually lined up like cattle in skimpy outfits as you walk in, and you point to the one you like and take her into the room with you.  Here is a video of such a lineup:

Annie is accustomed to being compensated for companionship and her behavior on the show is consistent with that.

• Love 3

Did anyone else find it ironic that the Molly's camouflage outfit made her the most visible object for miles around?   

In last week's episode Elizabeth told us that Andrrrei is very controlling.   This week, she revealed he has a very bad temper and may be prone to violence.    

Is her inability to see the writing on the wall real or is the show trolling us?   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, keetmommy said:

And you have been there for 6 days you expect her to respect you, Dude respect is earned.

I have mixed feelings about how Molly's daughter reacted. On one hand, I am glad she is the kind of girl who isn't overly concerned about a man's feelings and seems to have no problem saying no. But on the other hand, she is sort of a rude little girl. I think Luis meant that he will be her step-father and just didn't know how to say it. I don't expect the little girl to understand that. She heard "father" and naturally wanted to say she already has one. Again, I have no problems with that. But if I were Molly, and I trusted somebody enough to leave my child with him (I wouldn't trust Luis yet), I would expect my daughter to be kind and behave herself. I would be embarrassed by how she treated her babysitter. Saying, "I don't like you" to an adult is not cute at all. She hasn't been taught to be nice to people or just say nothing and get away if she is uncomfortable. I am not as enamored with this child as everyone else is.

33 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

This is true. I'm not suggesting that she's a scumbag. But he met her in a karaoke bar.  The women who work in those bars are paid to "entertain" customers by singing and drinking with them in private rooms, and then whatever else happens, happens. There is a strong connection between Thai karaoke bars and prostitution.

The women are actually lined up like cattle in skimpy outfits as you walk in, and you point to the one you like and take her into the room with you.  Here is a video of such a lineup:

Annie is accustomed to being compensated for companionship and her behavior on the show is consistent with that.

Okay but if she was a prostitute before, she isn't now. Tobo's friend is interested in slaving her. She has to earn her keep by giving him massages? Since he is in a position of power, his request is highly inappropriate. What if she gets to his house and refuses his advances? Will she and Tobo be thrown out? Chris knows he has the power here and can make her do whatever he wants. I guess he thinks he's Harvey Weinstein now.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

She has to earn her keep by giving him massages? Since he is in a position of power, his request is highly inappropriate. What if she gets to his house and refuses his advances? Will she and Tobo be thrown out? Chris knows he has the power here and can make her do whatever he wants. I guess he thinks he's Harvey Weinstein now.

I agree. It was like the way slimy Stuckey talked to Vivian in "Pretty Woman."

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Tobo's friend is interested in slaving her. She has to earn her keep by giving him massages? Since he is in a position of power, his request is highly inappropriate. What if she gets to his house and refuses his advances? Will she and Tobo be thrown out? Chris knows he has the power here and can make her do whatever he wants. I guess he thinks he's Harvey Weinstein now.

He was 100% serious when he made the massage "request."  It may shed some light on why he has been so freely giving David one infusion of cash after another.  

(Tobo?)

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I think Luis meant that he will be her step-father and just didn't know how to say it. I don't expect the little girl to understand that. She heard "father" and naturally wanted to say she already has one. Again, I have no problems with that. But if I were Molly, and I trusted somebody enough to leave my child with him (I wouldn't trust Luis yet), I would expect my daughter to be kind and behave herself. I would be embarrassed by how she treated her babysitter. Saying, "I don't like you" to an adult is not cute at all. She hasn't been taught to be nice to people or just say nothing and get away if she is uncomfortable. I am not as enamored with this child as everyone else is.

I thought the child said she did NOT have a father.  Maybe all her life she's been told that she doesn't need one--that her mother is enough.  I don't think she was saying anything because of hurt feelings or not liking Luis.  She was just letting him know he doesn't understand her situation.  She probably DID like him, but when he insisted he would be her "padre," she didn't like it...knowing he was wrong.  I'm not enamored with this particular couple's storyline anyway.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe it was less expensive for Josh to pick up Aika at LAX than to have a connecting flight to Arizona. Might just be a couple hours' drive.

It's a 6 hour plus drive one way, 12 hours total, depending on traffic.  Picking her up in LAX made no sense unless they wanted to spend some time in LA for some reason.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

It's a 6 hour plus drive one way, 12 hours total, depending on traffic.  Picking her up in LAX made no sense unless they wanted to spend some time in LA for some reason.

Well, I live in Las Vegas, a little closer, but if I had a Filipina fiancee and presumably inexperienced traveler flying to the US, I'd meet her in Los Angeles too. Actually, I'd probably fly to the Philippines and travel back with her, but I'm chivalrous like that.

LAX is pretty confusing. Eight different terminals, connecting between them isn't easy, sometimes you have to go outside and hop on a bus to get from terminal to terminal and then make sure you don't get on the bus that goes all the way to the parking lots. Customs lines  are unpredictable and even if your connecting flight from LAX to Phoenix is 3 hours later you might not make it.

Then consider that the cheapest way from Manila to Phoenix probably involves flying to LAX on United or Philippines Airlines and then booking a separate Southwest Airlines flight from LAX to Phoenix. So she'd have to get a trolley for her bags ($5 they may only take credit cards which she probably doesn't have), ignore the signs for connecting flights, exit the Tom Bradley terminal, push the trolley containing many bags with all her possessions along the sidewalk all the way from the Tom Bradley terminal to Terminal 1, re-check them on her separate Southwest flight, etc. It's just not an easy process for someone who has never been to the USA and hasn't flown a lot and wears 5 inch heels and miniskirts everywhere.

Josh meeting her in Los Angeles and driving or flying with her to Phoenix the next day makes perfect sense, rather than expecting her to navigate all that on her own. 

Also by meeting her in Los Angeles, he blocked her from running off with any another American dude she might have met at LAX or in transit to Phoenix.

Edited by gavinmac
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

Although I still think Pao's "welcome" may have been the most classic... girl comes down to breakfast in lingerie, butt hanging completely out. The frumpy Mom angrily stares her down, the brother is thunderstruck and the Dad has a brief mental affair with his son's fiancee.

I think Frumpy Mom did, too...and that's why she was so upset.  I always thought that Frumpy Mom wanted to sex Pao up.

I think Azan needs to run. Nicole will continue to cheat on him with anyone who looks her way.  

I don't think Luis intended to be pushy. He's young, and also has poor communication skills. I think since they'd been having fun with the sidewalk chalk, he thought he'd won her over, and he tried to broach the stepfather  notion.  Fail. Especially if her father is still involved in her life. That could be a scary thought for her to think she's losing her bio dad.  Luis just needs to be patient and understand that just because he's excited about his new family and his role, the kids need a lot of time to warm up.

David and Evelyn are destined for divorce. They are both arrogant.  Plus, they have zero chemistry together.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Is that you, Evelyn?   I doubt if the "bill for the wedding" is large at all.  Did anyone ask/allow David to be involved?  Doubtful.  Princess Evelyn gets everything her way.  "She IS the band."   The parents should have sat down with the couple to go over a wedding budget.  David's bright and has been in the business world for several years.  Maybe he could point out areas where money could be saved--even though he's supposedly too ignorant to understand an American girl's dream wedding.   An enlightened family would consider the expense of flying 3700 miles for a wedding and would try to ease further burdens (tuxedos, accommodations, meals, etc.) on David's wedding party.  These particular Americans seem like small-town isolated people who don't have/make a lot of money themselves.  Where is their compassion?  Their "Christian charity"?  They have created a demanding princess, and life is not going to be easy for David (or for Princess Evelyn in the long run).   Run, David....RUN!!!   

Evelyn's a brat but I think there's still hope for her if she can ever break free of the people exploiting her for their own purposes, namely her parents and David.  David, in my opinion, will prove to be unworthy of the early sympathy he has garnered.

You know, there's no obligation for David's friends and family to fly 3700 miles or to shell out thousands of dollars.   I have received invitations to weddings in distant states that I simply cannot afford to attend, much as I might like to, much as I may love the person getting married.   In such instances I send my regrets and a gift.   I don't expect special accommodations to be made for my circumstances.

If anyone is to blame for the predicament in which David's friends and family find themselves, it's David.  He could have flown Evelyn to Spain and had a ceremony there either before or after the American ceremony (a la Lauren and Alexei).  But no.  Knowing the marriage ceremony was in the offing, David could have worked to make extra money to reduce the burden for his friends and family.   No again.  Instead he showed up in New Hampshire, offering nothing but demands.   He seems to have placed the burden of international wedding attendance on the shoulders of his family, his friends, and his bride to be -- in other words, everybody but himself.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

About Elizabeth, my 17 year old son said, "Wow, that girl looks soooo much better without a crap ton of make up.  Why all that lipstick?"   

What is it about here? In some of the scenes (at the airport) she actually looked very pretty....I don't get it. As someone else said, she's like that two-faced character from Seinfeld.  Poor girl. (I mean that sincerely, without  snark!)

8 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Given the wife's non-reaction, I figured this was a faked scene that was plotted out by both couples off camera.

What exactly is a "Thai massage"? And why is it so special? Does it involve some type of sex act?  i could look it up, I know, but I don't want the evidence of a weird search on my computer. I thought I'd try here first, and see if anyone knew :)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

the aunt was jonesing for sloppy seconds (or I guess firsts, since they're both *devout* virgins), and why on Earth is Mikayla even friends with Evelyn?

That was an aunt?  I thought it was Jabba the Hut.  Mikayla and Evelyn clearly despise each other.  Maybe that's what it means to be friends in the creepy small town of Butthole Nightmare

Edited by Sprockets
needed new furniture
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Do these yokels even know what a Thai massage is? You don't get one by the pool. They need a bar above where they're giving the massage so they can hold on to it while they're walking on your back and thighs.

Nicole is just a shitty person. I was cringing for her when she coerced Azan to ask his aunt if they could share a room. In many cultures, that's just fucking rude and it shows that she is aware that either he's not interested in banging her or she doesn't care what his family thinks of her. Just, no. She continues to set the bar incredibly low and still not manage to clear it. 

Aika's eyebrows. She needs microblading or something. Her contacts make her look like a cast member in twilight.

So why didn't Azan just "pretend" to ask his Aunt about them sharing a room? Nicole wouldn't have known the difference.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, zenme said:

David and Evelyn are destined for divorce. They are both arrogant.  Plus, they have zero chemistry together.

If they were both Americans and/or he didn’t have the hassle/pressure/time constraints of a K-1 Visa, he would have most likely broken up with her during the wedding planning. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Azan seemed visibly relieved he doesn't have to share a room with Nicole. He may have told the aunt beforehand to just say no. Nicole is so stupid to have told him about her 'girls night out' with a guy. There's no way he'd have found that out unless she opened her big fat mouth. Her level of stupidity is AMAZING! (Her overused favorite word). May is way too old for a pacifier.

Aika is the new Phillipine Anfisa. Already her first couple of sentences were " where's my car?" and "you're taking care of me, right?" Her phony huge contacts are off-putting.

Evelyns friend Mikayla was asking the questions Evelyn's parents should have been asking. If it's so important to David to live in Virginia or Miami or elsewhere in the southern US, why didn't he hit on a girl from there instead of NH?

A fun fact for Louise (every time Molly screeches his name as Louise, I cringe) - don't push the daddy issue with a 6 year old. She told you she already has a daddy. Respect that, cabana boy.

Elizabeth's mouth needs its own show.

YES! I'm beginning to understand what Andrei's attraction to her is.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

What is it about here? In some of the scenes (at the airport) she actually looked very pretty....I don't get it. As someone else said, she's like that two-faced character from Seinfeld.  Poor girl. (I mean that sincerely, without  snark!)

What exactly is a "Thai massage"? And why is it so special? Does it involve some type of sex act?  i could look it up, I know, but I don't want the evidence of a weird search on my computer. I thought I'd try here first, and see if anyone knew :)

Have you ever heard of a Happy Ending massage?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

She's confusing it with Narnia.

Luis and Kensley did a nice recreation of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker I am your Father/you are Not my Father tonight.  All it was missing was some light sabers and dramatic music.

Kensley drew on his arm with chalk when she got mad -  if that chalk had been a light saber, Luis would be missing a hand right now.

• Love 11

Luis is heading into creepy territory.   First telling a six year old child he is sleeping with her mother.   EWWWW.   Then telling the kid he is her father now.     That's not poor communication, that's flat out being inappropriate and not caring.   No you are not that kid.   No you do not discuss sleeping arrangements in that way with a 6 year old.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I prefer to think of him as Broke Ass David...Poor David sounds too sympathetic 

So true!  A person would have to try very hard to be in his position.  In fact, it's difficult to imagine how a man of his age ends up with no car, no bank account, nowhere to live, no job. . . .but is somehow able to afford two baby water buffalo.  Buffaloes.  Whatever.  

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

YES! I'm beginning to understand what Andrei's attraction to her is.

He likes looking at the top of her head?  

7 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I want someone to wipe that smug grin off her Veruca Salt face.  Pronto 

That 'something' is called Wedding Night.  

38 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Luis is heading into creepy territory.

Luis may be a few fries short of a Happy Meal.  

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

So why didn't Azan just "pretend" to ask his Aunt about them sharing a room? Nicole wouldn't have known the difference.

Yes!  I was thinking the same thing!  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Hero said:

I hate myself for thinking this because he is such a prick, but I think Andrei is so sexy. 

I was watching Andrrrrrei and Elizabeth interact and thought....dang, they have chemistry.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, millennium said:

I thought it was that Mama June person.

So she's supposed to be the sister of either MamaEvelyn or PapaEvelyn?  Did you notice the rotting shingles on the house behind her while she was being interviewed?  Evelyn's family needs to pray for some serious home maintenance. .. . .

4 minutes ago, millennium said:

Raise your hand if you can envision David trying to talk Annie into giving Chris the massage.

Raise your hand if you think that hasn't already been discussed several times by Deadbeat and his creepy friend.   

Edited by Sprockets
  • Love 7
Just now, Sprockets said:

So she's supposed to be the sister of either MamaEvelyn or PapaEvelyn?  Did you notice the rotting shingles on the house behind her while she was being interviewed?  Evelyn's family needs to pray for some serious home maintenance. .. . .

I was wondering where the heck they filmed that.   The shingles didn't mesh with interior of the house which looks very clean and up to date.  Maybe it's a storage shed or garage, etc. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

Her phony huge contacts are off-putting.

5B856E15-4DA4-448C-A94C-62C434725739.gif

1 minute ago, millennium said:

The shingles didn't mesh with interior of the house which looks very clean and up to date.  Maybe it's a storage shed or garage, etc. 

We must hhave not been looking at the same house.  There was a through-wall AC that was held in with painter's tape, and the whole place looks like it was decorated by someone fresh from a ten-minute spending spree at Goodwill.  It doesn't look dirty, but it doesn't look like a nice home.  I have nothing to say about the bad picture of the American flag on the wall, exceot that Odd Lots can bite me.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, millennium said:

First off - no all women have grown up dreaming about their wedding day.  Blech!  I never did and frankly hated my own wedding planning so much I cancelled the wedding and we just committed to each other and 21 years later voila!  Who has not gone to an "American wedding" and has heard themselves and everyone around them bitching about everything at the wedding?  This is what you do if you want to have a wedding where everyone has a good time:  Ceremony and reception in the same space, only 1 attendant for each, short ceremony, no tuxedos but a suit for the men (even nice pants and white shirt), good food, open bar, DJ.  That's it!  Cut the damn cake right away so those of us who hate weddings can eat and take cake home.  We don't want to eat on a beach, outside or any other insane venue.  Don't waste money on the wedding we all appreciate it when we see you save for the marriage.  The larger/lavish the wedding the quicker the divorce.  So the groom should just shut up?  Way to start a marriage.  I will agree that this groom is an asshole but so is the bride.

4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

he's supposedly too ignorant to understand an American girl's dream wedding.  

The "American girl's" dream wedding is a joke.

David Spain and David Poor - excellent!

How can these people pass the K-1 visa requirements when a lot of them can't even support themselves?

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Watch again.  Her face froze instantly.  She stared straight ahead and down.  She is used to these inappropriate outbursts.  And why dos she not have more say in this situation?  Why has she agreed to let strangers move into her house, having one small child and being in her third trimester?  

I don't think she's happy about this.  When they did the talking head interview with her and her husband IIRC she said that she wasn't very happy about this arrangement.  She said her husband sometimes does things impusively; I got the impression he asked BAD (broke ass David) to move in before he talked to her about this.  Something about him gave me a pervy vibe and that was before he asked for his "massage".  In my opinion, BAD & Annie would do better going to their local homeless shelter instead of moving in with his "best" friend.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

We do that drive at least once a year (round-trip from Phx to LA) in our Chevy Equinox.  If it were us, we'd build in at least an hour to stop at the Skechers factory outlet store in Moreno Valley.  Somehow, I don't think that's an outlet store that Aika would want to visit - in a Porsche or otherwise.

• Love 5

All I know is that I used to record this show and watch The Walking Dead.  Now it's the other way around.  I know we're being manipulated to a certain degree... but this is way more entertaining than Daryl and the zombies.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Did you notice the rotting shingles on the house behind her while she was being interviewed?  Evelyn's family needs to pray for some serious home maintenance.

I'm sure that they're just waiting for "the Lord to provide".

• Love 12
3 hours ago, zenme said:

Right? Glad I'm not the only one who feels no chemistry between them. Evelyn needs to go away to college and grow up a little. Expand her purview.  David is older, European, and worldly. They're such a mismatch.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Evelyn is the worst. The worst. That dumb trick is going to pay international postage for her stupid RSVP cards. Is Claremont stuck in the 90's???

No. Just Evelyn's family is.

10 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

David Poor's Friend: How about you give me a massage? Gross! She's not a whore, no matter how much money you spent on her (And yes I realize David Poor has no funds and I have no idea how he got approved for a K1 visa). I thought the friend's wife was the sane person but... I watched her closely. She didn't even blink while he was proposing that. What happened?!

Uhhh, you are aware that Thai massage is not code for prostitution, right? Traditional Thai massage is done while fully clothed and uses no oils or lotions. See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_massage

• Love 5

Something that's starting to pull me out of this show -- is production instructing them to keep all conversation in one room, that they presumably have made as ready as they can for lighting and sound? 

I get that not having a firm grasp on social skills is part of why many of these Americans are outsourcing near-strangers for marriage, but it seems too coincidental that nearly every single couple has a common thread of having deeply uncomfortable conversations in front of the larger group, without pulling anyone aside.

Two good examples this week: Nicole and Azan asking his aunt to share a room in front of a dozen or so of his extended family including small children, and Mikayla and Evelyn getting moved to (real, and crocodile, in that order) tears and remaining in the living room. It's hard for me to buy that Azan is that graceless that he wouldn't pull his aunt and perhaps mother into the kitchen to ask them about that, especially when this same sort of shit happens week after week. I wish production would leave them free to roam the house, it would feel much more realistic to how actual uncomfortable family interactions go, and heighten tension a bit.

• Love 7