Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I don't believe I've heard Evelyn sing.  Is she any good?  Maybe I missed that!

When they showed older scenes with Nicol I noticed she looked puffy.  So maybe she is trying.  I think she needs some help.  She needs somebody to help her with diet and exercise.  She is a beautiful young woman.

I think her issues with food and diet are deep rooted.

Wouldn't it be nice if the show helped her on that journey to health!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, millennium said:

Question: did Nicole suck down the drink in front of May before she started on her own?   Or did poor, disgusted May just pick it up and knock it back herself?

We will never know.  The good news is it is nearly certain those drinks were nonalcoholic, being served in a public place in a Muslim country.  

• Love 8

Evelyn's insistence on her dream wedding and the tuxes showed how incredibly immature she is. She wants a wedding, not a marriage. She wants a picture perfect experience, but she is absolutely not cut out for a long-term relationship with this man. I really hope David runs before the 90 days. He will be miserable with this girl. 

Again, Elizabeth's video on her phone made her look like a completely different person. It is really bizarre how different she looks. Obviously she doesn't know her fiancé. None of them do. I would like to know some REAL experiences of sane people who marry someone from another country. Someone they've known for more than 1 minute.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Evelyn's insistence on her dream wedding and the tuxes showed how incredibly immature she is. She wants a wedding, not a marriage. She wants a picture perfect experience, but she is absolutely not cut out for a long-term relationship with this man. I really hope David runs before the 90 days. He will be miserable with this girl. 

Again, Elizabeth's video on her phone made her look like a completely different person. It is really bizarre how different she looks. Obviously she doesn't know her fiancé. None of them do. I would like to know some REAL experiences of sane people who marry someone from another country. Someone they've known for more than 1 minute.

I don't think a woman wanting a dream wedding and a strong marriage are in any way mutually exclusive.  Most women I have known had certain expectations for their weddings, and $500 for tuxedos is at the low end of the wedding extravagence scale.

Tuxedos are traditional for weddings in the Northeast USA.  I don't see why traditions of American brides should be seen as frivolous while those of foreign brides must be honored.  The tuxedos are a lot less expensive than all the gold and buffaloes Annie insisted on.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't see why traditions of American brides should be seen as frivolous while those of foreign brides must be honored. The tuxedos are a lot less expensive than all the gold and buffaloes Annie insisted on.

Both are ripe for criticism.  I personally have a hard time equating the buffalo with the tuxedo because one helps support a family for years while the other gives the wearer a rash and needs to be returned the next day.  Also, these are demands on wedding guests as opposed to a demand on the groom.  

• Love 22

When this show started, it was driving me crazy because Evelyn reminded me of someone I had seen before, but for the life of me I could  not remember who. Then someone upthread mentioned Jessica Pare - YES that is it!!!!

I think its their smile/teeth that are so similar

Jessica Pare:

54d3c095d49f3_-_esq-jessica-pare-7-pp.jp

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

When this show started, it was driving me crazy because Evelyn reminded me of someone I had seen before, but for the life of me I could  not remember who. Then someone upthread mentioned Jessica Pare - YES that is it!!!!

I think its their smile/teeth that are so similar

Jessica Pare:

54d3c095d49f3_-_esq-jessica-pare-7-pp.jp

Jessica is stunning! So incrdible in Mad Men. Evelyn looks more like Anne Hathaway in some rom com that starts out with a girl getting the worst haircut ever by a rival but still manages to find love with the owner of a chain of hat stores. 

• Love 5
On 10/30/2017 at 4:58 PM, Lemons said:

I don't agree. Her mother is a grown women.  Her mother is obviously hard working and successful. She is entitled to a happy life. She is entitled to make her own decisions regarding her life. People with children get married all the time. Blended families happen every day.  The fact that he's Hispanic and younger seems to be the problem and that's too bad.  

Olivia seems to be intentionally rude, maybe for the cameras. 

Olivia will be out on her own soon, away to college or a job. Her little sister, more importantly, is thrilled with the company. 

Mine was five. Luckily I didn't care about judgy people.  She's a calm kid who loved that thing and it didn't bother me. 

Totally agree.  Single parents deserve a relationship.  I think these days everyone is so kid-centric that people tend to fall on the “poor kid” thing. 

I am old at 46.  My European parents were unhappily married and stayed so, but had they split, in NO WAY would they even ask my opinion on a relationship. 

Reminds me of the shows on HGTV where the kids must approve of the house the parents pick.  It’s just not how my generation was raised. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Drogo said:

I personally have a hard time equating the buffalo with the tuxedo because one helps support a family for years while the other gives the wearer a rash and needs to be returned the next day.

Drogo, will you please accept this slightly wilted rose and ring from Neil Lane that is on 60-day layaway ... sorry, wrong show ...

I have to admit that I am slightly surprised that Speshul Snowflake is so incredibly blatant in her desire for "the wedding of her dreams" (i.e., one day out of what should for all intents and purposes be the next 50 years minimum) over even PRETENDING to actually give AF about what he wants until she has him under lock and key (to the chastity belt) ...

In fact, I'm surprised she's even signed up for "90 DAY FIANCE/E" since I'd have thought she'd want to be the special bride-to-be for WAY more than just 90 days where she can wave around her magic wand and plan the big day and have everyone cater to her whims and also clone herself so she can be the wedding singer at her own wedding, etc. ... She's be so much better suited to something like "Bridezillas" or "Say Yes To The Dress" or any of the TLC etc. bridal shows.

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't think a woman wanting a dream wedding and a strong marriage are in any way mutually exclusive.  Most women I have known had certain expectations for their weddings, and $500 for tuxedos is at the low end of the wedding extravagence scale.

Tuxedos are traditional for weddings in the Northeast USA.  I don't see why traditions of American brides should be seen as frivolous while those of foreign brides must be honored.  The tuxedos are a lot less expensive than all the gold and buffaloes Annie insisted on.

Yes, but I bet they didn't sit there demanding and telling their fiance it was going to be her way or the highway. That is immature. Successful couples discuss things, they don't dictate things. She screams Bridezilla. She doesn't seem to care about anyone's wants or needs but her own. 

Tuxes are tradition, I get that, but she should be a lot more understanding of David's friends who are already spending thousands of dollars to be at the wedding. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Tuxes are tradition, I get that, but she should be a lot more understanding of David's friends who are already spending thousands of dollars to be at the wedding. 

But, here’s a fun fact, this is Murica.

Where did that little snippet get her “fun fact” from?  Sounds like something she was told when not behaving as a kid.  

Even if Evelyn ends up getting her way, a fun fact for her is that she should consider David’s feelings.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

But, here’s a fun fact, this is Murica.

Where did that little snippet get her “fun fact” from?  Sounds like something she was told when not behaving as a kid.  

Even if Evelyn ends up getting her way, a fun fact for her is that she should consider David’s feelings.

I don't know, but I was very happy when he used it right back at her. 

She's just insufferable. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Totally agree.  Single parents deserve a relationship.  I think these days everyone is so kid-centric that people tend to fall on the “poor kid” thing. 

I am old at 46.  My European parents were unhappily married and stayed so, but had they split, in NO WAY would they even ask my opinion on a relationship. 

Reminds me of the shows on HGTV where the kids must approve of the house the parents pick.  It’s just not how my generation was raised. 

You're not old, you're only a couple of years older than Molly and she is certainly not ready for retirement!   Not long from now her children will have their own lives, their own loved ones.  Why should she be alone?  

• Love 3
On 11/4/2017 at 7:10 AM, Sprockets said:

The good news is it is nearly certain those drinks were nonalcoholic, being served in a public place in a Muslim country.  

The reddish-pink ones?  They looked refreshing and yummy!  This show has truly solidified my need to go to Morocco as soon as I can swing it financially.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Fun fact: Just because someone is from Thailand doesn't mean that they'll give you a Thai massage out by the pool. 

That was really creepy. I kept looking at that guy's wife for a reaction, but she was totally poker-faced. Gaaah!

Azan comes off so gentle and soft-spoken, but I keep getting a menacing feeling about his and Nicole's interactions.

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 24
6 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

That was really creepy. I kept looking at that guy's wife for a reaction, but she was totally poker-faced. Gaaah!

Azan comes off so gentle and soft-spoken, but I keep getting a menacing feeling about his and Nicole's interactions.

So did Mo in the beginning.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

It was beyond inappropriate. It's psychological abuse. The child said repeatedly she already has a dad. Luis needs to leave the child alone. 

Furthermore, he had a satisfied grin when the little girl ran off upset.  Is he trying to get her to avoid him?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, For Cereals said:

I kept waiting for the uncomfortable laughter and the "ha ha just kidding" after the massage request...and it didn't come.  I'm surprised the wife didn't haul off and slap him after that.  That was beyond inappropriate.

Given the wife's non-reaction, I figured this was a faked scene that was plotted out by both couples off camera.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

I kept waiting for the uncomfortable laughter and the "ha ha just kidding" after the massage request...and it didn't come.  I'm surprised the wife didn't haul off and slap him after that.  That was beyond inappropriate.

She may cook Thai dinner but no dessert!

• Love 9

Wow Andrei is such an asshole. 

Speaking of assholes, David was such a jerk toward mykayla. I was lol over his suggestion that they move to virginia and her instant pout at the suggestion. 

Azan's family seemed so nice. Nicole doesn't deserve it. Nicole asking Azan if they could share a room was beyond inappropriate. Nicole was eating Mac and cheese BTW. I mean seriously, you are in a country with fabulous food and you eat Mac and cheese. Sheesh.

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 24
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Given the wife's non-reaction, I figured this was a faked scene that was plotted out by both couples off camera.

That's what I thought, too. Manufactured awkward moment to add tension. I mean, honestly ... it's not natural for the wife to sit there unfazed after her husband just asked his best friend's fiance for a rub-down. Come on now.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

That's what I thought, too. Manufactured awkward moment to add tension. I mean, honestly ... it's not natural for the wife to sit there unfazed after her husband just asked his best friend's fiance for a rub-down. Come on now.

Plus it plays into every Thai stereotype. Yes all Thai women are massage experts. 

• Love 10

Aika comes off the plane with Louis Vuitton purse and Louboutin heels (knockoffs?) --- and asks for the Porsche..... Yeah, she's going to love sharing a house with loser Josh.

(Also, I'm 75% convinced that Josh is actually Chris Lilley and I'm watching a sneak peek of his next HBO series.)

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

AIKA'S EYEBROWS.

That is all.

They ALMOST distracted me from her contacts. Almost. But those contacts were also a lot. And her wonky lashes in the interview; I feel like staring at her face is going to be Anfisa-levels of engrossing.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

What on earth was with David Poor's friend asking for cooking and massages by the pool?  What are he and David planning here - are they planning on pimping Annie out or something?  That was all kinds of awkward.  The wife just sits there.  And they are all going to live together? What? Something is very suspect with this situation. 

David and Annie are actually pretty normal and boring on their own. Living with the best friends will provide loads of conflict, no doubt.

I love how it started with, "our house is your house. What's ours is yours until you can get back on your feet", and quickly moved to, "well, maybe you can contribute by cooking Thai food and giving me massages by the pool", and then went to, "we don't want you to get too dependent on us and get too comfortable, because the goal is to move you out!" ?

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Run, David run! Having a New Hampshire virgin is not worth it. Go back to Spain and enjoy your life.

There are Kentucky virgins who would happily host his family and friends. Maybe it's a mountain/southern thing. 

• Love 6