Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Week 1, Night 1

• Start Topic

Former ``The Bachelor'' and ``The Bachelorette'' cast members arrive looking for another chance at love; sad news is relayed to the cast; a new twist is revealed that poses a threat to the men; a woman is betrayed by another.

I have to give CH props for getting through the opening statements with a straight face. 

Who the heck was Nick with the Santa hat? Don't remember him. He sure had his drink on before he even got there.

"People may think I'm a serial killer", lmao

Way to go everyone, treating Corrine like she's the center of the party, no wonder she's so full of herself if that's how everyone treats her. Was that an eye roll from Dean when she arrived?

Amanda looks rough and that annoying voice hasn't changed. 

Did Alexis borrow Rachel's eyelashes?

Awww Jorge but yay Wells. Is Wells spoken for?

Ugh Robby. Lol that they showed a clip of a peacock before he made his entrance.

Kristina and Dean's date got weird when the Mariachis interrupted a serious conversation and the confetti was too much.

Matt's cool, glad we're getting to see this because like Rachel said, we didn't get to see much of him on Bachelorette.

• Love 15

Yes I am judging Amanda leaving those cute little girls to be on this show again, glad none of the guys fawned over her.

Maybe I am getting old but none of the guys would have appealed to me except for maybe Dean.

So does Wells the bartender already have a girlfriend and he's there strictly to fame ho?

• Love 20

Yeah BIP is back! I know it's scripted a lot but I just love the more carefree premise of it over the Bach/Bachette. And I'm not talking carefree as in Corrine/Demario fashion.

To answer your question @Armchair Critic I don't think Wells has a girlfriend or at least I've not heard or saw anything about it. Besides Danielle is apparently great friends with him and she even sort of speculated in her TM that maybe she should consider taking it beyond that. I don't see why she would say that if he had a serious girlfriend. 

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Funny that the guys think Raven is sweet and soft spoken because she is pretty snarky.

I think she can be both. Did you see her snarking on Robbie after their date? Funny and I can't say I blame her. He really thinks he's the cat's meow. Seems like Raven wasn't alone in her assessment. She wasn't the only one snarking on him. 

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 14

Well, that was kinda lame after so much buildup. I guess TPTB are trying to drag out the drama as much as possible.

LOL to Robby referring to himself as an "influencer" and bragging about how well things went with Raven while she was telling the girls that she's not that into him. I hope she doesn't pull a Carly and sticks to her first instinct.

31 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Yes I am judging Amanda leaving those cute little girls to be on this show again, glad none of the guys fawned over her.

What a difference a year makes, right? She's not looking that great either, too many facial/lip fillers and her skin is sallow.

Dean and Kristina are two very beautiful people, but I'm not sensing a deep connection despite the tragic back stories they have in common.

It pains me to say this because Taylor is such a wet blanket, but Derek makes her somewhat more tolerable. But then she goes back to being an annoying pedant with Alexis.

My favorite pairing so far is Matt and Jasmine, but I'm not sure it'll last if Jasmine gets choky with him.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, JoBeth70 said:

I already liked Ben Zorn but when he talked about his dog like it's his kid, I really loved him. I'm like that with my dog.

But is it a black/brown combination?  Because Ben Zzzzzz really likes that combination in a dog.  Dang old Rockweiler.  Then there was a Pit Bull...

who the hell is the sweaty pit guy?  And the guy with the basketball glasses?  And was some one named  Diggity?

Chris Harrison seems like he's phoning it in.  Even Jorge knew it was time to move on.

oh hey Amanda, don't break a hip coming down the stairs.  And be sure to flash your AARP card, it's still A 20% discount for seniors in Mexico.  Seriously lady, you're getting too old for this shit.  How many times you going to leave your kids to play this shitty game? 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Well, that was kinda lame after so much buildup. I guess TPTB are trying to drag out the drama as much as possible.

LOL to Robby referring to himself as an "influencer" and bragging about how well things went with Raven while she was telling the girls that she's not that into him. I hope she doesn't pull a Carly and sticks to her first instinct.

What a difference a year makes, right? She's not looking that great either, too many facial/lip fillers and her skin is sallow.

Dean and Kristina are two very beautiful people, but I'm not sensing a deep connection despite having tragic back stories in common.

It pains me to say this because Taylor is such a wet blanket, but Derek makes her somewhat more tolerable. But then she goes back to being an annoying pedant with Alexis.

My favorite pairing so far is Matt and Jasmine, but I'm not sure it'll last if Jasmine gets choky with him.

I felt the same way about Dean and Christina. I didn't really see much of a spark. I think they are trying to connect over their backgrounds but right now it feels a little forced.

Taylor was annoying me even before her little condescending bit at the end. Her voice bugs me for some reason.

• Love 2

I watched Trista's season and of course Rachel's season.  I don't think I have seen any of the bachelor since Trista's season.  So I don't know any cast members with the exception of Rachel's bachelors.  Do you think it still enjoyable if you haven't been watching the bachelor or the bachelorette?  I always have more on my DVR than time to watch.  And I really have a lot of work that I should be focusing on. Or business development.

• Love 1

Not sure why Raven seems to be the designated 'catch' so far. I always thought she looked a little greasy and a little sleazy, somehow.

The DeMario/Corinne stuff certainly seemed anticlimactic. It was obvious she was pretty drunk, in what appeared to be a silly-drunk, happy-drunk sort of way... probably having a good time in the moment, then horrified when she couldn't remember any of it later (if that part is indeed true). But it seems like he was feeling Alexis a little more. 

Yay! Carly and Evan's wedding! (I loved them. Still do.) 

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

oh hey Amanda, don't break a hip coming down the stairs.  And be sure to flash your AARP card, it's still A 20% discount for seniors in Mexico.  Seriously lady, you're getting too old for this shit.  How many times you going to leave your kids to play this shitty game? 

Hah... so much this. She's back again because she believes in the process and in luuuvvv. And because her Instragram probably fell off once she wasn't in the spotlight. And we all know she had to give that ring back long ago. That was just a setup...

Loved the simultaneous he said/she said after Raven's date with her shaking her head and him giving the bros fist bumps.

1 hour ago, Roaster said:

The bros really love each other, don't they?  So much hugging.

Speaking of the bros, too many seemed to be hanging out with the bros too much instead of trying to impress one of the women. Iggy at least learned his lesson but hosed be the ole dead grandpa bit...

Kristina looks so smokin' out there. Wow. And I still love Raven so they're my only 'right reasons' interests; I hope the rest just make asses of them selves as per usual.

I love when someone is just going for a rose lifeline and you see them sitting there giving off the worst possible body language on one of the big bed-like areas.

• Love 5

Taylor's voice is like nails on a chalkboard . 

Also random , but I noticed none of them wear sunglasses . I guess that's a rule so u can see who's who and they can catch eye rolls . 

Robby is so creepy looking and that hair has to be a toupee 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, JoBeth70 said:

I already liked Ben Zorn but when he talked about his dog like it's his kid, I really loved him. I'm like that with my dog.

I loved his line about (paraphrasing) 'I gave up a lot to be here.  I really miss my dog!'. Because that would be me.

• Love 14

I don't understand people like Taylor who think they know everything, but don't know the basic rules of etiquette, such as don't correct other people unless you're their mother or teacher.

However.  Taylor and Jasmine are both so much more attractive on this show than they were on their seasons!  It just points out what's wrong with having 30 women competing for one man. All Taylor did with Nick was complain about Corinne, but Taylor was kind of sweet when she was with Derek and it sounded like he was gently hinting that she didn't need to brag so much, so maybe there's some hope there.  Jasmine suddenly turned beautiful when two men started competing for her.  All I saw on her season was  unhappy pouting.  Choose Matt, Jasmine!

The guys sure were happy to see each other.  Robby and Diggy might get together and match shoes with shorts.  Squee!

I don't blame Ben for hating to leave a puppy, they grow up so fast!  I hope he says what breed it is because "black and brown" (which may mean "black and tan") covers about a hundred breeds, from Rottweiler to my miniature Dachshund -- one of their food sources.

Danielle's personality is so low key she barely registers with me, my mind wanders when she's onscreen.

I like Alexis but I thought it was strange, that we finally see her out of her shark  suit and she's also almost  out of her bikini.  One extreme to another.

Interesting that Corinne and DeMario seemed pretty much over each other before the scandal broke.

I love Raven's personality and she looked better than ever.  She does have some skin problems but that only makes her a 10 minus.   Can you imagine her taking Robby to her hometown date of rolling in the swamp? 

What does Dean want?  Not Kristina I don't think.  Maybe Dean and Raven?

• Love 5

I'm not on the Dean love train.  He's ok, but not all that attractive to me.  I'm distracted by the way he talks through that constant grin without moving his lips.  It's like watching a ventriloquist.

• Love 20

I love that the two outcasts, Derek and Taylor found each other---He didn't want to play with the bros (gawd, they are annoying) and she has never been part of the "squad" from Nick's season.

As for the others, I enjoyed Raven's post date snark fest about Robby.  Her calling him an "influencer" with a roll of the eye is one of my all time favorite moments on this show.  And add me to the list that does not see the appeal of Dean at all.   

• Love 8

This was a shitstorm of people itching to become Instagram millionaires.    I was trying to decide who was the most likely to benefit from being on this show.   Dean already seems like he couldn't carry a full Bachelor show on his broad shoulders.   He's a nervous giggler.   

Matt, Ben and Derek all look like the same guy to me, but with slightly altered features, like the Mr Potato Head toy that you can choose different ears and noses for.  

Taylor is so pretty and so tiring.  She needs to switch professions and become a much hated middle school English teacher.  

I love, love, love the opening montage.    Jack Stone - Super Hero!   Run, Amanda, run!  (And then put on some higher SPF sunscreen.)    

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Dean and Kristina are two very beautiful people, but I'm not sensing a deep connection despite the tragic back stories they have in common.

yes, her face (Amandas) appeared frozen--not as cute as she used to be, and after all that nonsense with Josh, none of the guys seem to even want to look at her.

I cant believe people that young start with all the facial stuff--yuk!!

I always loved Ben Z, and think the editing was just to make him look boring. Did Raven have a boob job???

• Love 4
8 hours ago, LittleCabbage said:

Yay! Carly and Evan's wedding! (I loved them. Still do.) 

Funny, I still feel like barfing every time I see Evan.

4 hours ago, piewarmer said:

I loved his line about (paraphrasing) 'I gave up a lot to be here.  I really miss my dog!'. Because that would be me.

Me too. Next time they should let the dogs come too.

Does anyone really think Chris Harrison was posing on the beach, filming those voice overs during the production shut down? Nice try. His voice had none of the requisite panic I imagine he felt about his free summer vacation being cancelled. 

• Love 12

I said it before, but I'll reiterate  Dean's point that Nick was an idiot to dump Kristina. Not only is she gorgeous, but when you hear her tell her story you know she can deal with anything life throws at her and she'll be strong as hell. During his season, Nick basically had to choose between her and Corrine (a woman who's had everything in life handed to her and doesn't value/appreciate anything she has in life, and has zero work ethic) and decided Corrine was more his type. What a dumbass. 

Edited by Stan39
Misspelled
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

yes, her face (Amandas) appeared frozen--not as cute as she used to be, and after all that nonsense with Josh, none of the guys seem to even want to look at her.

Yeah did any of the guys even talk to Amanda!?!?   We saw at the end her chatting with Alex and the voice over that he was getting her rose but where did that come from?!  

Last season she was the IT girl, but after pizzagate, this season she's the one that guys are talking to so they can get her rose.  It was kinda pathetic.   

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Maybe the guys are like me and can't look at Amanda with out picturing her soaked in Josh-sweat.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

Did Raven have a boob job???

I don't know. I didn't notice a big difference from when she was on the Bachelor but I wasn't paying close attention. Possibly? I do know Danielle has had one. You could tell and she admitted it by saying in one of her TM that she couldn't get used to them.

2 hours ago, hyacinth said:

Taylor is so pretty and so tiring.

This. I agree with you and @JudyObscure that Taylor is a beautiful girl but she still to me comes across as condescending and slightly fake.

2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Can you imagine her taking Robby to her hometown date of rolling in the swamp? 

Oh my that is such a hilarious visual! He would be like, "I'm not going in that swamp. Why I would ruin my beautiful clothes. And what about my hair!"

ETA: I don't see how any woman could take Robbie seriously. Can you imagine living with this guy? I know women who probably wouldn't take as much time primping as he would.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 5

After Raven and Robbie's date, I could practically hear that song from "Grease", "Summer Days", playing while they gave their competing impressions of how things went.  Robbie's job is a Social Media Influencer?!?!  Thank goodness the young women on the show found that as ridiculous as I did!

I didn't really care for much of the cast so far.  Where's the goofy Canadian guy from last year?  He was fun.

I didn't watch Rachel's season, but the guys she had to choose from sure got along with each other, didn't they?  I never saw a group of dudes so happy to see each other on vacation! haha

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I watched Trista's season and of course Rachel's season.  I don't think I have seen any of the bachelor since Trista's season.  So I don't know any cast members with the exception of Rachel's bachelors.  Do you think it still enjoyable if you haven't been watching the bachelor or the bachelorette?  I always have more on my DVR than time to watch.  And I really have a lot of work that I should be focusing on. Or business development.

I've only watched a handful of episodes of both shows. I love watching BIP for some reason though. I know who some of the people are from reading about them online when they were on whatever seasons of each show and them talking about themselves.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

I didn't really care for much of the cast so far.  Where's the goofy Canadian guy from last year?  He was fun.

Daniel?  Yep, he'd be good for some running commentary.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

Daniel?  Yep, he'd be good for some running commentary.

Omg yes, Daniel is the best!!! I wish he was there. Also FYI def NOT looking forward to Evan and Carly's wedding.  Evan is the most effeminate and annoying girly man I've ever seen. Nothing wrong with girly men, I do love Robby after all, but Evan is just annoying af.  Maybe that's what mentally unstable Carly needs though, with her woe is me martyr personality combined with the annoying giggle with a tinge of hysteria creeping in.  Gross. Anyhow, I actually reaallly like the cast so far this season!  And I found the whole episode pretty enjoyable! The only one I'd like to see go is short Alex, because he's always obsessed with attacking and judging the other guys. Like maybe try focusing on making a connection with a girl buddy. 

• Love 2

Come on, Diggy! I was so excited to see you in the opening--we'll finally get to know more about this cute guy--and you STILL didn't talk to any of the girls. Sigh.

i can't handle a second more of Taylor. That talking head scene where she's upset that she likes whatshisface because she came here to be alone?! Just shut up. If they stay coupled up for the whole show and never leave my screen...! Ugh!

And, Ben, shut up about your dog. It's obvious he's trying to play up to dog lover chicks who would find that endearing, but for anyone else not obsessed with dogs, it just makes you seem like you have nothing else of interest in your life. Boring.

it amazes me that Robby would think ol' "mud bogging" and "frog gigging" (or whatever her hometown date was) Raven would be his type. It is obvious that you and Amanda are uber-coiffed influencers made in Insta-heaven.

it was cute to see how enamoured all of the guys were to see each other. Even funnier when Raven, I think it was, was saying how the guys are all complimenting each other and the girls were just sitting there like, um...

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

The only one I'd like to see go is short Alex, because he's always obsessed with attacking and judging the other guys. Like maybe try focusing on making a connection with a girl buddy. 

I think he has little man syndrome. I get the feeling he's maybe been picked on for his height a lot in his life. But yeah his worrying about and judging the other guys is annoying. Too bad. I think he's a attractive guy and could be more so if he would stop obsessing about the other guys.

• Love 4