Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey & Jesse: Cougar Town

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

My grandparents spoke Yiddish and my parents were pretty fluent. I grew up with a ton of Yiddish idioms but don’t know many people who understand them. When I took German in college, I realized the similarities. It was so gratifying. I have an entire list of Yiddishisms that will die with me, unfortunately.

I have heard pisher before.

What my dad would of said was meshugana hund which means crazy dog, but used for calling someone an idiot, an asshole.   

• Love 2

Meshuggeneh- Judge Judy has used it before.   

I love words in general, but Yiddish is just so damn fun!    The words have personality that conveys meaning with a little extra oomph.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I'm getting super uncomfortable with the Jesse-Nazi references here and in the other threads. It's really not funny to me, especially about a Dutch person. (Look up the Netherlands in World War II, or hell, just think about Anne Frank for a second.) Jesse may be a jerk, but as far as I can tell he's not into anti-Semitism or genocide.

I can understand the thinking that it is an inappropriate comparison.  People aren't making it because they think he's anti-semitic but because of his jackboot domineering personality combined with the blonde haired Aryan looks.  But yes, he shouldn't really be called a Nazi because of the other things that implies.  But he does share many of their bad qualities.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Meshuggeneh- Judge Judy has used it before.   

I love words in general, but Yiddish is just so damn fun!    The words have personality that conveys meaning with a little extra oomph.

I thought of another one, nudnik (nud rhymes with hood) but it doesn't really apply to Jesse.  It usually is said about a person who might be a little stupid or makes a dumb decision.  Jesse is cruel for sport.

• Love 3
On 8/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, Happyfatchick said:

I hate them both

me too and he is a bully. Form of mental abuse-tear them down and make them cry for you. Makes the loser feel more of a man.

She will never be 25 again no matter how much she diets or gets done to herself. What was with that bit of hair hanging down from her ponytail?

Dress like an elegant lady and not a street walker

• Love 8

I think that Darcy is really playing to the cameras and attempting to create a role with herself as a 'victim' for love.  I really don't like how Jesse treats her, but she has pursued this relationship which puts a tacit sign of approval on their interactions.  There was a brief scene of her revealing a different side of herself when she was arguing with Jesse.  It was almost like she was hissing at him.  In my opinion, this is a really unhealthy relationship.  However, they have both chosen to remain in it even though neither one of them ever seems happy in the presence of the other.  I so agree with others that they both want the "fame" of being on t.v.

• Love 12
On 8/11/2018 at 2:01 PM, DNR said:

Wow. Darcey looking good in a current pic from InTouchWeekly. Drop carbs , soda & a Jesse and you can look great ! 

Hair Looks much better than that straight black severe look. 

854060BA-8138-4D2B-B14B-C864AE4A5D40.jpeg

That's a whole hell of a lot of skilled Photoshop.

• Love 16

There’s little doubt that Before the 90 Days stars Jesse Meester and Darcey Silva have one of the greatest love stories in television history,

No. No.

Brian and Justin on QAF had one of the greatest love stories in television history and I'm still pissed off about how the series finale handled that one. Darcey and Jesse can go jump in a canal and disappear.

• Love 3

I have already deleted last week's episode but maybe somebody could help me out. In the previews, Darcey says to Jesse, "How do you like my makeup?" and his immediate response is, "Makeup is not for everyone." But in the actual conversation, I seem to recall him saying something sort of complimentary about her not needing makeup or he preferred her natural look or something along those lines, but she persisted in trying to get him to say he liked her new look and THEN that's when he said, "Makeup is not for everyone." 

On that cab ride, he did seem to be spoiling for a fight and nothing she could say would satisfy him, like when she couldn't identify a building they passed in Queens. I've been to JFK a few times and could probably recognize the Unisphere from the World's Fair and the old Shea Stadium, but nobody reasonable would expect me to be a tour guide in an area I'm only fleetingly familiar with.  Ask me about landmarks in my hometown and that's different. 

But I still think the whole Jesse and Darcey storyline is faked for publicity for their businesses and no way is it "One of the greatest love stories in television history."  

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Possibly, he must have grabbed whatever he could find to re-enact the scene from "Ghost." 

Lol, I was so focused on his head, I didn't even notice what they were doing..

I just want to shake Darcy.  I'm 47 and the older I get, the less tolerant I become.   I would have shoved that tool Jessie out of the cab.   

• Love 4

Is it just me, or does that "pottery" she's throwing on the wheel look like something else...Oh wait, here's the original photo and Patrick Swayze doesn't have anything on his head, let alone a Papa Smurf hat!  image.png.9b3bc5ab738b6d93e2089e625bcd5048.png

Edited by magemaud

Once again, I'm behind in my 90 Day-watching, and have not read any of the posts here. Just wanted to say that I don't know why Darcey subjects herself to Jesse's belittling. Last season I thought Darcey was weird and delusional, but she's grown on me. She seems like a genuinely nice, good-hearted person who is quite insecure. All the more reason to run far, far away from Jesse, who constantly feeds her insecurity.

Get somebody age-appropriate and not so self-absorbed, Darcey! Find a man who will think he won a prize with you.

Btw, Darcey looks so much better without the harsh raven hair. And Jesse can play Rolf in the revival of Sound of Music. :-D

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 7
On 8/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, magemaud said:

Warning, this story is so sickeningly sweet, you might need insulin after reading it:

https://starcasm.net/jesse-meester-and-darcey-silva-celebrate-one-year-anniversary-of-their-divine-day-of-destiny/

That's some pretty good snarky hilarity. Especially this:

I’m speechless. I feel that the only thing I could say that would be worthy as a response [to Darcey's epic professions of love] is that life, humanity, and — oh look, a goat.

And this:

I am assuming that their universal love for each other will most definitely merit at least one more season on TLC ... (Can TLC legally show pure, epic, universal love on TV? ...

LOL. Their epic universal love doesn't exactly radiate through the small screen, does it. What is Jesse getting out of this whole thing aside from tv exposure that makes him look like a total assh0le to a large audience?

• Love 4

I think Jesse is the kind of person who deliberately says hurtful things then gives the excuse "I'm just being honest. Don't you want me to be honest?" It's similar to Pao saying mean things then saying, "I was only kidding" and making the recipient of her remarks out to be someone who is overly sensitive and can't take a joke. That way, they both sneak their digs in!

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 10

I just watched episode 2 today.   I felt so bad for Darcey.  She needs to grow a spine and constructively stand up to Jesse.  Running off in a hissy is not working.  As I watched them at dinner the night he arrived it is evident that he does not like her very much.  The expressions on his face said it all.  Personally I think he is a bully.  Come on Darcey, if you read these forums you can do better.

• Love 6

Darcy is so cringy and fake. I don’t understand why she doesn’t embrace her age and dress and act it... your 40’s is a great time in life where you really figure who you are and do what makes you happy... she’s trying way to hard to pretend she’s 20 even the hissy fits and pouting etc.. I think she actually thinks that’s impressive to act younger... it’s weird because jesses actually wanted a mature woman.. and he picked an immature woman with a drinking problem.

her skin looks weathered like a biker... that’s put many many miles on... 

• Love 8
On 8/11/2018 at 2:08 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

If that girl was smart she should be using this 90 Day exposure to find a nice guy right here in the states. 

That picture is stunning, she has to be getting some sort of fan mail from guys.

She has Kim Biermann’s photoshop artist helping her.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mainer said:

your 40’s is a great time in life where you really figure who you are and do what makes you happy.

SO MUCH THIS.  I have loved my 40s so much, and life hasn't been that easy!  It is jusy great to really relax and enjoy yourself for who you are.

• Love 10

Just based on looks, one would think that either one would have no trouble finding an age appropriate mate. After being exposed to their personalities, one realizes why that won't happen.

• Love 11
On 8/11/2018 at 5:51 PM, PityFree said:
On 8/11/2018 at 2:01 PM, DNR said:

That’s a lovely picture of her, but wow her hairline is very high! I don’t remember it being that high when she was a brunette. does that mean her extensions have pulled her hair out?

Darcy definitely has a Fivehead and i don’t know much about extensions tho it seems they do a job on your real hair .  She needs to accept she’s aging and quit trying to rock the much younger look...a sophisticated older woman look would be sexy as hell.

• Love 3

Here is where they dined:

https://cognacrestaurant.com/dinner/

This is likely the dinner that Jesse ate: 

ORGANIC SCOTTISH SALMON

Served with Ratatouille, pepperette de Espelette sauce

I think that this is what Darcy ordered (but did not touch):

FARM RAISED CHICKEN PAILLARD

Grilled chicken breast, shallot puré, watercress salad, tomato confit, light pesto.

Everything on that menu looks absolutely delicious, by the way.

• Love 2

Because I’m simple I honestly lol every time I read fivehead. Reading fivehead and three head in the same post did me in. My husband thought I’d lost my mind because I couldn’t stop laughing. I don’t know why it strikes me so funny. 

• Love 4
On 8/31/2017 at 12:47 PM, Cmiller360 said:

I expect when they got back to his apt and were alone he said something like "Youre such a beautiful woman, using that language takes away from your beautiful spirit". I imagine that would be his passive aggressive way of telling her to watch her mouth. 

Those two couples really creep me out.

I am surprised that she hasn't zeroed in on his passive-aggressive emotional abuse. He enjoys making her doubt herself and second guess her beauty. She needs to get rid of him asap. I would not want my daughters to think it is okay that any man treats a woman the way Jesse treats her. Oops - for Jesse and D'Arcy's page

• Love 1
On 8/14/2017 at 2:05 PM, Desert Rat said:

Darcy is so fake. She is Danielle after the makeover.  

Sorry, but I totally disagree and I think that is unfair to Darcy. Darcy and Danielle aren't even comparable and I understand that you dislike Darcy enough to try to imply there a semblance between the two, but they truly do not share any similarities. Jesse and Mohammed though... you may have a case there.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2017 at 7:25 PM, WrongReasons said:

Was Jesse's mom Betsy Johnson?!? Dead ringer lol

When Jesse's Dad was making comments about Darcy's looks given that his son is so attractive, I had to shake my head. How is this overgrown peter pan an expert on ANYONE's attractiveness. Clearly, Jesse's family is not know for being reserved and accepting. Good on Darcy for not bursting out laughing upon meeting them.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:58 AM, Major Bigtime said:

IMG_2863.JPG

"But I am not in control of what she says and does" - But he sure does wish he had control. Why doesn't Jesse just say No thanks to Darcy, and leave her to find someone who is more compatible with her? Why does he keep hanging around? He must be getting something out of this to be lingering by...

• Love 2
On 8/31/2017 at 5:30 PM, checker said:

Like Darcey, we all know--Jesse is a keeper.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic. That was my first response. But then I thought, sheesh, you might be serious. Ugh...

8 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder how many times Jesse will say Fodder tonight

Or how many times each of them will say "I'm done, this is over, we're done" or some variation, in super dramatic fashion, with the next scene being Darcy talking about Jesse being TLOHL and "we fight, but..." and "the fighting is all worth it" or some such bullshit.  They are the worst.  The Worst.  Worthy of caps. 

• Love 4