Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Sprockets said:

This might be a side effect of medication, or of being punched in the mouth too many times.  

I got the feeling they deleted the part where the man translated for Karine.  

Oh I see..well as for being a side effect of medication or being punched in the mouth: I disagree, I think it is plain ignorance not to know how you speak and no one knows what the hell you are saying. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Her reaction is of a woman who has been demeaned and emotionally & verbally abused on the regular. His behaviour was that of an abuser, through and through.

YES, YES, and YES AGAIN!!!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We laughed through Abby's responses to her relationship with Chris.  When it became obvious that she was still in his condo, we figured that those "laughing-while-you're-trying-to-look-like-you're-crying" moments were when a nude Chris was dancing behind the cameras so no one could see him but Abby.

I felt like Jesse and Darcy's segment was 100% acting. I'd read that they were both just interested in doing the show for publicity - her for her House of 11 clothing line, and him because he's a model. And the acting was so bad - and the dialog so indecipherable - that it was like flipping through the channels and landing on one of the Spanish soap operas. All overacting, and no idea (on my part) what they're even talking about.

BTW . . . Darcy - nice dress. Too bad they didn't have one in your size so you could have breathed.

Yes, Jesse and Darcy could ALL be staged (and I wouldn't doubt it for a minute).  Unfortunately we don't know that at this point so we can only go on what we're shown....which is that Jesse is a inch from moving from emotional abuser to scary physical abuser and Darcy is cowed down.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Zoey said:

Did anyone else notice that the ring that Jesse gave Darcy was completely different then the one Darcy showed her daughters?

Why does Abby need all those panties?

What does she just have a panties only shop?

Do you think she's a prostitute?

Maybe Chris was her pimp?

I think she sells clothing to the women in the DR that are there making money. Imho

ETA Well at least the panties. The shoes were probably her size.

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

Yes, Jesse and Darcy could ALL be staged (and I wouldn'toubt it for a minute).  Unfortunately we don't know that at this point so we can only go on what we're shown....which is that Jesse is a inch from moving from emotional abu0r to scary physical abuser and Darcy is cowed down.  

Call me KraZy, but a 6'4" tall blonde dude in the Netherlands would be not be that big of a deal, so why would Jesse's step dad be practically going gay over his step son's stature and perceived attractiveness (women throwing panties at him) unless they want to get their son into the entertainment world as more than just a random underwear model.

Darcy seems to be on her own unseen shock-clock to remarry and procreate.  She'll likely need to have medical intervention to conceive now as the same if she waited a few years.  Why she feels Jesse is her only option is bizarre.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Patrick likes the chase. He's not interested in a relationship. If he were, he would make it work with with baby mama. 

That's not really fair imo. Couple with children can and do break up. He has said he's not interested in her. Even tho we all know Patrick is/was a player, we don't know what types of personality flaws Cameo might have that would make her a bad mate for him. Cameo says he's a great father...and that's all he owes either of them (Cameo and Italy). He was only about 21 when they conceived Italy; he has a right to move on and look elsewhere.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Call me KraZy, but a 6'4" tall blonde dude in the Netherlands would be not be that big of a deal, so why would Jesse's step dad be practically going gay over his step son's stature and perceived attractiveness (women throwing panties at him) unless they want to get their son into the entertainment world as more than just a random underwear model.

Darcy seems to be on her own unseen shock-clock to remarry and procreate.  She'll likely need to have medical intervention to conceive now as the same if she waited a few years.  Why she feels Jesse is her only option is bizarre.

Well, his stepfather was making that point in relation to trying to put Darcey down. Remember, his whole point was basically "Why should Jesse be with you - a 42 year old, desperate, divorced mother of two - when he can get anyone he wants? As evidenced by the fact women are practically throwing their panties at him." So, while Jesse's appearance may not be remarkable there (or in other places), his stepfather is still right in that plenty of women who are not 42, desperate, divorced with two children would want to be with him (at least until they realize he's an abuser) - and that there's very little reason for someone like Jesse to choose someone like Darcey.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was a fan of Mother Patrick but now? She couldn't wait to go on national teevee and behave like a pissed off middle schooler/trashy gum snapping corner hanging skank? You are a grown woman. Show a little class. You can express your displeasure with someone's actions without screaming, name calling, and boorishness. Try it sometime.

This, a thousand times, this.  

Lady was made for the Maury show, all that screaming and name calling.  How embarrassing for Patrick.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

That's not really fair imo. Couple with children can and do break up. He has said he's not interested in her. Even tho we all know Patrick is/was a player, we don't know what types of personality flaws Cameo might have that would make her a bad mate for him. Cameo says he's a great father...and that's all he owes either of them (Cameo and Italy). He was only about 21 when they conceived Italy; he has a right to move on and look elsewhere.

OK. This brought up some questions I have about names. First, is Cameo simply making a cameo in her own life by dint of being named Cameo? Second, if Patrick has another child with someone else, what would he name that child? Switzerland? After all, the second child could be considered to be adjacent to the first by virtue of the shared parentage. I suppose France would be a better name for the next child because it'd be a two-fer: France and Italy are adjacent and he's been to France looking for love! Austria would make an excellent girl's name.

Anyway, I'll see myself out now. :D

• Love 7

Oh, for Pete’s Sake.

Darcey & Jesse – they’d met in person before & made a mutual decision to be on the show for their “careers.”  Jesse is an ass & Darcey would be better off without him.  Yes, it’s restraining order time. He reminds me of the husband in “Sleeping With The Enemy” – the guy who will physically give you a beating for not being his image of perfect, and then bring you flowers to say he’s sorry that “we” quarreled.

Patrick & Myriam – they’ve been internet chatting for some time, just as friends, nothing more.  Then Patrick hears about this TV show & makes the unilateral decision to be on it without telling Myriam what it’s about & what role she’ll play.  She either had no reason to mention that she had a boyfriend, or it was decided that she would “spring it” on Patrick on camera.  There’s no “there” there, despite Patrick’s protestations.  His pleas for Myriam to give him a chance are all for the TeeVee.

Larry & Jenny – just pathetic.  Larry gets his “10” and Jenny gets America.  They deserve each other.  Larry can’t handle “exotic” (food or otherwise) & Jenny is about as bland as can be.

Paul & Karine – I thought Paul actually came off more articulate during the “tell all.” I’ve heard that he is currently living in Brazil.  My guess is that since Karine passed his bullshit test by accepting him after his “confession,” he’s found that he is ineligible to bring her to the USA on a K-1 Visa.  But she’s willing to stick with him so he is living there.  Poor girl.  She has to put up with him AND stay in Nowheresville in the Amazon.

Sean & Abby – where do I even start?  Everything Abby said implied that she will stop seeing Chris and will stop doing “business” with him and will stop staying at his condo. Which means it’s business as usual until she gets caught.  Well, until Chris changed his Netflix password and told her to get out.  Abby didn’t want to stop seeing him because he’d pull all of his “fringe benefits” away, and now he’s followed through.  Sean is an idiot if he thinks she’ll settle for him.  The only reason he’s still “all in” is that he’s spent so much money on Abby & wants a return on his investment.

Cortney & Antonio – they had nothing but texts before meeting in person & now they “speak every day?”  Oh, Corny, forget about him.  He’s already moved on.

• Love 11

For everyone wondering why Darcy would "put up with" Jesse -- if it is indeed a verbally/emotionally abusive relationship -- it is very difficult for anyone NOT in that type of relationship to understand how anyone could let themselves be berated like that.  Let me tell you, as a survivor of such abuse (that was not limited to verbal and emotional) -- the abuser chips, chips, chips away at the psyche of the person being abused, telling them "you're not good enough/you'll never be good enough/no one would ever want you/you're lucky you have me, baby", until the victim has no idea what end is up anymore, or what is real.  Additionally, abusers keep their victims isolated, and keep them away from friends -- anyone who might say the opposite of the abuser.  Pretty soon, yes, you start to believe what they are saying to you, or saying about you.  You literally lose yourself, and your sense of self-worth.  It is crippling.  And you start to believe that no one would ever want you, and you're lucky to have that person in your life...so of course, you're going to put up with what they dish out, because they make you think you deserve it.

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 21
14 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I thought Paul actually came off more articulate during the “tell all.” I’ve heard that he is currently living in Brazil.  My guess is that since Karine passed his bullshit test by accepting him after his “confession,” he’s found that he is ineligible to bring her to the USA on a K-1 Visa.  But she’s willing to stick with him so he is living there.  Poor girl.  She has to put up with him AND stay in Nowheresville in the Amazon.

I thought he sounded more articulate, but he was at zero, so any improvement is a positive. I really want to know why he was denied a K1 for Kreeny. Does he have a job? He never really addressed that, unlike Larry who keeps Jenny in his pocket while he works at the golden arches. I read on a K1 site that criminal records are scrutinized and decisions are made on a case by case basis. One of the questions they ask is if the petitioner has every have a restraining order against them. Whoops! 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Sean and Abby.  Sean, you’re an idiot.  All I can say is, make sure you’re up-to-date on your medical care so you can treat the STD(s) that is/are almost certainly coming.  I lost hope in his ability to locate some balls and stick up for himself when Abby said she had plenty of options in the Dominican Republic, but still chose to live with Chris and he actually justified it.  I halfway expected Chris to walk by with a towel around his waist, fresh from a shower.  It’s hard to feel sorry for someone who is so utterly weak in every way.

Sean is the textbook definition of the Spanish perjorative, “cabron”.  Basically a gutless wonder who is cuckolded and doesn’t know/care or does but can’t/won’t do anything about it.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Did my ears deceive me, or did Pole make some kind of strange comment about "a ball and chain?"  Something about proposing inside a chain?  Gee, that's romantic.

He prattled on about having proposed inside a ball and chain and about the irony of that situation.  I'm not sure that even the bellman at the hotel (who took 3 years to learn to speak English) would understand the word and/or concept of irony.  Ironic, huh?

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Tuneful said:

I'd like to know where her dates get the clothes. Wouldn't it cost them something to go to Goodwill and other thrift shops? (I trust they're not robbing Planet Aid donation boxes.) Then they have to get it to Haiti.  Not to mention dealing with the attitudes of Customs when they find 500 pairs of women's panties in a guy's luggage. Save the hassle and give her those funds directly in some way, investing in school, a start-up, gift card, etc. 

That would be a reasonable approach to charitable giving.  The problem I see with conventional protocols is that there is very little normalcy in the country itself (Haiti). 

Sean's whole motive for giving anything at all is to snag Abby, not show her what an altruistic guy he is through donating to her Haitian countrymen.  Maybe the gift card idea would have some appeal, though, as long as it was going directly to Abby.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:

Patrick has the right to look wherever he wants (though a future restraining order from Myriam might limit that in France).  But, I think if you have a daughter with a nice, attractive woman, who is supportive, and even cares when you get hurt by your crush in Paris, you could probably do a lot worse than to get back together.  Of course, I have no idea what issues they have between them, but they seem to have a much stronger foundation for real love.  Patrick  seems to mistake the thrill of infatuation for "love".   

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree that Larry and Jenny actually have a fighting chance. Their expectations aren't high, their needs are few. They'll probably buy a few lottery tickets or go to Applebee's for a night out, vacation once a year at a national park or go to visit Jenny's family. Neither one is a clothes horse, obviously! I thought the little detail about her watching him at work via facetime was weird, but oddly sweet. They seem happy. She'll get a job, doing home care for old folks or as a chambermaid at a hotel or doing the books for a small business. I think they'll be fine. Jenny doesn't seem to have any illusions. She's not expecting George Clooney. Larry clearly adores her and is kind. She could do worse.

Anyone remember Annie Hall? There's a scene when Alvy (Woody Allen's character) is distraught over his breakup with Annie. He approaches a good looking young couple on the street and says "Excuse me, you seem to be a happy couple, what's your secret?" She: "I'm kind of shallow, and empty, with no ideas, and nothing interesting to say" He: "And I'm exactly the same way". Ladies and gentlemen, Cortney and Antonio.

I am on the fence about whether Jenny's expectations are reasonable enough for her to be reasonably happy (or maybe even very happy) with Larry.  I agree that expectations will be critical.  If she is willing to settle for (and even appreciate) an average (?) looking guy, who isn't too exciting and is a bit awkward, but is a decent guy, who is a decent provider and treats her decently, those two might just make it.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Hands down, Jesse has got to be the scariest TV I have watched in a long while. Anyone else notice how he was trying to control that simmering rage of his last night? That man is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, and Darcy better watch out because  girlfriend is on her way to becoming a statistic or having her own special on ID Discovery. I kid, but that was some scary shit last night.

His emotions were all over the damn place. Up and down. If he is that mercurial  and unable to behave for 10 minutes on NATIONAL TV, can you imagine what he is like in real life? Holy Hell. I would call him an enfant terrible if he weren't so fucking dangerous. He is one sick and disturbed individual.

Unless it's an act. There's a theatrical element to Jesse's behaviour, so I'm inclined to think he's doing it because it's national tv. However, Darcey's reactions to him seem pretty genuine, so maybe his mercurial temperament is real. Hard to say, frankly.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Well, his stepfather was making that point in relation to trying to put Darcey down. Remember, his whole point was basically "Why should Jesse be with you - a 42 year old, desperate, divorced mother of two - when he can get anyone he wants? As evidenced by the fact women are practically throwing their panties at him." So, while Jesse's appearance may not be remarkable there (or in other places), his stepfather is still right in that plenty of women who are not 42, desperate, divorced with two children would want to be with him (at least until they realize he's an abuser) - and that there's very little reason for someone like Jesse to choose someone like Darcey.

I guess I just remember being in my mid 20s and dating guys in their mid 20s and they were pretty much jerks who thought they owned the world.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Bibi said:

Abby : I  swear as soon as I get out of his appartement, I will have no contact with Chris again. I'm leaving in 2 weeks !

Wasn't she supposed to have no contact with him already?

Is she telling us that she is leaving this place just because Chris informed her that he was giving no more money, not because she planned to leave?   

2weeks? Why can't she leave right away?

And why did it look so natural that she was a prostitute?

Sean must really be in love with that little girl. Really.

That whole situation is hinky and she was very short on giving a reason why she was in the DR, was it shopping for old men season?  Sean is a nitwit if he believes Abby is done with Chris once she leaves the apartment.  BTW, why would Abby think it would have been okay to stay there knowing how Sean felt about Chris.  Didn't Abby say she did not like to hide things from Sean?  She obviously is hiding a great deal from Sean.

• Love 3

The Tell All was filmed a while ago so maybe Abby went to the other side of the island (DR) due to hurricane related issues. 

What's confusing about Abby's "business" relationship with Chris, is what is he getting out of it?  Sean buys stuff, brings it down to Haiti for Abby to sell and I imagine she keeps all of the profits.  Sean does this because he is Abby's BF/Fiance.  What is Chris getting out of importing goods for Abby to sell off to support her family?  

3 minutes ago, ava111 said:

I got it now. Sean is bringing Abby the panties so she can throw them at Jesse while he walks down the street.  And because he is so irresistible she will need a lot of panties.

Jesse's step dad is her top client.  

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, ava111 said:

I got it now. Sean is bringing Abby the panties so she can throw them at Jesse while he walks down the street.  And because he is so irresistible she will need a lot of panties.

ahhhh...it all ties together.  

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree that Larry and Jenny actually have a fighting chance. Their expectations aren't high, their needs are few. They'll probably buy a few lottery tickets or go to Applebee's for a night out, vacation once a year at a national park or go to visit Jenny's family.

lottery tickets and applebees. so well said!

• Love 2

The reason I think Jesse's behavior on the tell all was real is because of all his little controlling behaviors that added up during the season. Classic abuser. Darcey's reactions were classic too from attempting to speak up for herself to appeasing and submitting, so sad. Jesse claims on social media that parts of the finale were edited but I rewatched and it looks like things flowed in that order, such as close-up and distance shots matching body language and facial expressions.

• Love 3

Can someone remind me what prompted "that catch Jesse" to say to Darcy something about her "ending the realtionship right now on teevee". That entire interaction was so distubing, fake or not fake, that it morphed into one big Jesse's a Dickfest.

Would love to throw a (very cheap) bottle of wine over his big head. His bad attitude mirrors his weirdo arrogant "special step father. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree that Larry and Jenny actually have a fighting chance. Their expectations aren't high, their needs are few

And then, Pepper, you mentioned several jobs she could get. Good stuff. But my worries for Larry (jeez, do I need a life?) include that she will scowl and complain nonstop....he'll end up completely whipped...and she'll be like other foreign women who expect the guy to be rich enough to "provide" so that they can sit on their duffs and not work. And that she'll dump him for a manager at Olive Garden once the thrills of infatuation, Pinellas Park, and bottomless McNuggets wear off. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, deedee2 said:

Unless it's an act. There's a theatrical element to Jesse's behaviour, so I'm inclined to think he's doing it because it's national tv. However, Darcey's reactions to him seem pretty genuine, so maybe his mercurial temperament is real.

I definitely think Jesse and Darcey are in it for the exposure, but.......why would Jesse choose to act like a Grade A douche?  Isn't he trying to be a motivational speaker/life coach type of guy? (BTW - have you seen his youtube videos?  Dude is as amateur as hell and delusional if he thinks he can motivate a multi-celled organism).  I'm guessing a lot of what went on last night was an "act", but he's so bad at improv, that the only thing he can improvise is a version of his repulsive self.

And sorry, I think Shaun R should have called him on his awful behaviour.  I would have.

• Love 6

If I had been Darcy I would have removed the ponytail and tightly wrapped it around Jesse's neck.  Then I would have used my only contact with the outside world to post a message here asking you all to bail me out of jail.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, mellowjoi said:

If I had been Darcy I would have removed the ponytail and tightly wrapped it around Jesse's neck.  Then I would have used my only contact with the outside world to post a message here asking you all to bail me out of jail.  

I'm in.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tuneful said:

And then, Pepper, you mentioned several jobs she could get. Good stuff. But my worries for Larry (jeez, do I need a life?) include that she will scowl and complain nonstop....he'll end up completely whipped...and she'll be like other foreign women who expect the guy to be rich enough to "provide" so that they can sit on their duffs and not work. And that she'll dump him for a manager at Olive Garden once the thrills of infatuation, Pinellas Park, and bottomless McNuggets wear off. 

Well, that's always a risk. But I don't see Jenny as a grasping opportunist so much as a woman who wants a break. She's no Anfisa. Or even Alla. I really think that a decent home and a kind husband will go a long way to smoothing her rough edges. 

49 minutes ago, mellowjoi said:

I'm there. Say the word. 

• Love 9

My opinion of the Patrick and Myriam situation is that they are probably both at fault.  I have no doubt that Patrick read more into this relationship than there was.  He's very full of himself.  I also would bet money on the fact that Myriam was flirty with him and using this online relationship to boost her self-esteem.   I'd love to see what their correspondence was like before the show.  That would speak volumes!

• Love 10

The Jesse/Darcy Show was a hot mess!  The only "surprise" that Jesse was there was for the audience...she, clearly, knew he was there, and was not particularly thrilled about it.  Did you all check out her body language?  I told Mr. Eme that she was not even turned towards him.  Very telling.  His talking trash and her trying to look tiny to get away from his berating her.  She looked so much better than before, but she's still somehow attached to hm and that is disturbing.  I don't think they are a couple, and all I could think about was her poor daughters having to see her put up with that on teevee.  Ugh.

That Shawn gal is wayyyy too skinny.  I even told Mr. Eme (he watches this with me and I go flea marketing with him....) Look!  She's way too thin!  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, MrSmith said:

hope the next time we hear about them will be a blurb about how Sean kicked her ass to the curb because he finally wised up and realized she's a lying piece of shit.

If Sean had the tiniest bit of self worth and sense in his head, he would have walked away before he spent $10,000 on Abby.

3 hours ago, Tuneful said:

he'll end up completely whipped...and she'll be like other foreign women who expect the guy to be rich enough to "provide" so that they can sit on their duffs and not work.

Larry will be providing for her family back in the Philippines. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Darcy's ring she showed her girls did not look like the ring that Jesse gave her on bended knee in a windmill.

I'm confused because there were so many very brief "ring shots" from Darcey, but maybe the one she showed her daughters was the one she had bought for herself? Maybe she liked it better than his? 

• Love 2