Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Emkat said:

Sean is an absolute fool. I have secondhand embarrassment for him.

Same except... for all of them.  I feel like this franchise has run it's course in terms of "actual" couples, but where else would we get such a first-hand look at such star spangled examples of American Brilliance? 

• Love 2

Abby loves Chris.  Sean asked her to stop contact with Chris.  Instead of putting some distance, she’s staying at his apartment and sleeping in his bed.  While Sean was proposing, Abby’s thinking about Chris.  Then she’s says she’s going to try it.  Who goes into marriage thinking about trying it, you are either in 100% or you are not.

Larry is dumb.  Jenny is ugly and an opportunist.   A real woman would see this guy for what he is, a lost soul in dire need of therapy and would just let him go and find himself.

Patrick is immature.  Patrick is pushy.  ..."we have too much in common"  No Patrick, you do not.   Even after she tell him that there's nothing going on, Patrick insists that they are soulmates.

I love Patrick's mother.  She's so real.  Moms is looking out for Patrick but he is such an egomaniac, he can't take his head out of his ass.  Patrick's mom tells it like it is.  Myriam is another opportunist in need of attention.  You are not honest bitch!   And another thing, I really like her Baby Mama.  She's sweet and listened and may just need to work out a bit and lose a bit of baby fat and she'll be a hottie.

Myriam, everyone hates you because you are a two-faced bitch.

I don't understand.  She said no.  She said she's not interested, but

Corny and Antonio.  Corny, you are not in a relationship.  You’ve been talking to a guy you met online and you like him and have had sex with him.  You have not have intimacy.  Antonio does not think of you seriously or respects you as a person or as a woman.  Antonio only cares about himself and about promoting his brand.

Antonio, you are so full of it.  It is not true that “it is OK in Spain” to take nEked pictures of yourself.  Courtney still believes that Antonio cares.  Also, he hides behind “I don’t understand” to not face certain questions.  He is so low.   Corny is so double whipped, that she can’t tell that Antonio is tired of her and keeping her as option C, not even option B.  On marriage, his answer is that he’s getting old.  Wow, what a great reason to get married.  Congrats Antonio.

Shawn Robinson, do not confuse intimacy with having sex or being physical.

Paul and Karine.  A very sad affair.  Dump Paul and go with the translator.

Darcy is two people in one.  One when she is explaining to Shawn Robinson and another

Jesse is such a douche.  He knows he’s on camera and talks as such.  A very passive aggressive conversation.  

Did anyone notice Darcy’s hearing aid?

The only thing Jesse wants out of Darcy is his chance to promote himself and his brand.  Darcy is so needy and has such low self-esteem, that she allowed Jesse to talk to her in a very demeaning way on TV, but then allows him to sit next to her.  I feel very sorry for her and hope she gets the help she needs.

Fuck your jacket.  I’ll shit on it and ship it to Amsterdam.

• Love 17

"We brought in a Portuguese translator so we and Paul will know what Karine is saying, but he won't be translating anything we say back into Portuguese for her because really who gives a shit about Karine."

• Love 20

Between the mistaking of "you're rude"  for "you're old", and "he's handsome" for "he sounds dumb" … I think we're seeing Jenny use her accent to cunningly reveal her inner thoughts without actually saying them. lol

It looked like Karine was visiting Paul in prison - with him in that blue shirt and white tee.

Darcey looks fantastic with the weight-loss, lighter hair, and subtler makeup colours ... and she should run run run away from angry control-freak Jesse. My goodness that was hideous.

Sean ... oy.

Myriam looked stunning tonight.

Still can't figure out Antonio and Corny. She's like the perpetual relationship police, with that "mm-hmmm" face on her all the time. What is she doing with a guy she absolutely does not trust? And what is Antonio doing with a woman he has absolutely no chemistry with?

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 12

Jesse looked so sloppy tonight - the exact opposite of how I always imagine sophisticated European men to dress. His tie was too short, his hair looked dirty and greasy (that style was doing his head no favors), and he needed to pull up his socks. 

Edited by PityFree
Fix a typo
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

Between the mistaking of "you're rude"  for "you're old", and "he's handsome" for "he sounds dumb" … I think we're seeing Jenny use her accent to cunningly reveal her inner thoughts without actually saying them. lol

Funny observation!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

Jesse looked so sloppy tonight - the exact opposite of how I always imagine sophisticated European meant to dress. His tie was too short, his hair looked dirty and greasy (that style was doing his head no favors), and he needed to pull up his socks. 

And ranting and raving at her like a lunatic. I can't believe Darcy is so hard up.  If she gets her wishes (although it seems like she's possibly seeing the light), he will do so much damage to her self esteem and overall emotional well-being.  

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Poor Miryam his mom was acting like a lunatic. I believe her when she said he invented this romance and lied to his mother, anything o get on TV right Patrick? Asshat

I believe it too 100%.  All he wanted to do is be on television. Got to show the world his many talents of flips, lip licking and hideous clothing.  Byeeeeeee

Jesse, scary for real.   Mean scary eyes.  Join your step father and go to hell.

• Love 20

It is real weird they keep giving Shaun this gig. She's awful! It seems really obvious that she has very little ability to ad lib, at all, and is simply waiting for a pause so she can read the next bit off the prompter/cards. It's a very strange choice for a show that has some real characters on it, and language barriers to boot. They need someone nimble and incisive, and can take these insane-ass answers and pick them apart, rather than an automaton programmed to segue into the next package of clips. They need to find an Andy Cohen, stat.

• Love 13

Darcy, you are a grown ass woman.  Leave this raging asshole.  Jessie is clearly manipulating/abusing you.  You walk off holding his hand AND you carry his jacket.  Your girls are watching.  You cannot be that desperate.  There are other men.  Rent one if you need to before you find a solid relationship, anything would be better than Jessie.

Paul came off a little better, but red flags still abound.

Don’t do it Sean.  I have no doubt Abby and Chris staged that little text exchange.  It took her some time to answer about exactly when the “payments” stopped...because they haven’t.

oooh funniest moment!  Host asking Jenny if she said Larry sounded dumb.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 15
Just now, For Cereals said:

It took her some time to answer about exactly when the “payments” stopped...because they haven’t.

She is a really bad liar.  I still cannot make up my mind about what's really going on.  

• Love 10
Just now, Sprockets said:
3 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

It is real weird they keep giving Shaun this gig.

Could she be the only one who wanted the job?  

Lol touche. Maybe? But even the woman they have doing those little catch-up vignettes during some commercial breaks would do a better job, she's got a bit more natural spark to her.

Did anyone else think that Jesse and Darcy were just giving us another over the top performance so that's either they can come back for another season or they can have a dramatic break up that we can all get involved in.  She didn't seem the least bit surprised that he was in town and he immediately picked a fight with her.  Also, if she's so crazy about him what did she do with the "appreciation" ring.  If this wasn't a performance, then he is really a douche.

• Love 17

I was ready to scream at my TV during Sean's portion.  She is only coming around because CHRIS IS THE ONE THAT TOLD HER THAT HE WAS DONE.   Chris pulled the plug you stupids!!!   Chris was probably like "I cut off your clothing.  I stopped giving you money.  I can't believe you still are at my condo you stupid whore.  GET OUT OF MY CONDO AND BYE!!"

And we get Abby hmmmming through the questions of when she stopped taking money from Chris, seeing Chris etc.   HE DUMPED YOU.

• Love 16

Jesse is what people in the Caribbean call a 'manager' and Larry and Sean would be 'manatees (no offense to real sea cows) but all they are fit to do is laze around and chew grass all day. No self respecting woman would call them their 'man'

• Love 7
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

And we get Abby hmmmming through the questions of when she stopped taking money from Chris, seeing Chris etc.   HE DUMPED YOU.

She knew it would happen the minute she stopped having sex with him, and it did.  She had to be sure of Sean before letting it end with Chris.  I just hope Sean can support her.  

• Love 5

Sean is an idiot.  I hope Abby takes him for everything he has and runs off with Chris.

Mother Patrick is awesome.  Her son is an obsessed fool.  Myriam is a jerk 

It looks like Jenny ate a couple of those roasted pigs by herself to celebrate her green card...I mean engagement.  She looked about 20 lbs heavier.

• Love 11

Darcy, Jesse was a jerk to you - on television. Swing your ponytail and knock him over. His actions are showing you who he really is. Unless you want more for the sake of a stupid ring, kick off those Loubies and walk away. Love is not need and codependency.

Myriam, cut Patrick off social media. Change your Skype or FaceTime, and disconnect. Antonio, do the same with Cortney. Be busy, be unavailable. You are just in a dry period and Cortney is available.

Mother Patrick, your son is a grown young man. Stay out of his life choices, let him make his mistakes. Be there with the dustpan and broom to help sweep up the mess. She is right about karma.

Larry, you will have a rude awakening in that Jenny is using you. Karine, it can’t be that bad. Maybe you and Paul can enrol in language classes to understand each other.. Otherwise there is a bad romcom coming out with romance via App translator.

Abby, you are good. Two dudes. Sean, move on. Chris dumped Abby. She needs to save face and her income.

• Love 11

Wow, that was so much cringe. I believe that Darcey is reading people's comments that Jesse is borderline abuse. She should get on a different dating site and find another man so we can see her in a better relationship next season.

Did it bother anybody else the way host Shaun kept saying foreigners?

You can hear one of the crew people explain why the cast on the couch is wearing ear pieces. A woman crew member says it's so they can hear the audio when they play back the clips. You can hear it explained well during Darcey's segment.

Mother Patrick, just no! How are you going to come out screaming and then complain that Myriam should never raise her voice to you?

• Love 16
Just now, Sprockets said:

She is a really bad liar.  I still cannot make up my mind about what's really going on.  

I'm not sure it matters.  Even with any kind of edit, we saw Abby under interrogation tonight and she is a horrible liar.  She was still playing both sides and making excuses.  Chris has a variety of um...."options" in DR...he doesn't need Abby anymore.  His ego will tell him he can get younger and hotter...

Sean's faux bravado was laughable.  I believe he loathes him but that whole "i'm going to punch that motherfucker in the face" thing was a big eye roll.  Nice try.

• Love 15

Umm. Darcy's reaction to the 'surprise' seemed off. She was so over the top in Amsterdam I found her reaction very cold, almost as one would treat an ex.  Not sure what is going on here.one would also think they would need to cut that promise ring off her finger.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, AmyBre said:

Patrick is immature.  Patrick is pushy.  ..."we have too much in common"  No Patrick, you do not.   Even after she tell him that there's nothing going on, Patrick insists that they are soulmates.

I love Patrick's mother.  She's so real.  Moms is looking out for Patrick but he is such an egomaniac, he can't take his head out of his ass.  Patrick's mom tells it like it is.  Myriam is another opportunist in need of attention.  You are not honest bitch!   And another thing, I really like her Baby Mama.  She's sweet and listened and may just need to work out a bit and lose a bit of baby fat and she'll be a hottie.

Myriam, everyone hates you because you are a two-faced bitch.

I don't understand.  She said no.  She said she's not interested, but

Corny and Antonio.  Corny, you are not in a relationship.  You’ve been talking to a guy you met online and you like him and have had sex with him.  You have not have intimacy.  Antonio does not think of you seriously or respects you as a person or as a woman.  Antonio only cares about himself and about promoting his brand.

Antonio, you are so full of it.  It is not true that “it is OK in Spain” to take nEked pictures of yourself.  Courtney still believes that Antonio cares.  Also, he hides behind “I don’t understand” to not face certain questions.  He is so low.   Corny is so double whipped, that she can’t tell that Antonio is tired of her and keeping her as option C, not even option B.  On marriage, his answer is that he’s getting old.  Wow, what a great reason to get married.  Congrats Antonio.

Patrick is stupid for thinking Miss thinks she's filet mignon is the slightest bit interested in him.  Mom said it best, she's just playing his dumb ass.  Totally agree she's a two faced bitch.  I liked her for a minute but not anymore. Karma is a bitch and so is she.

Corny is dumber than Patrick. The male ho doesn't give one shit about her pink gummed ass and she still can't see it.  I like how her mom laughed at that stupid calendar.

• Love 6

Abby : I  swear as soon as I get out of his appartement, I will have no contact with Chris again. I'm leaving in 2 weeks !

Wasn't she supposed to have no contact with him already?

Is she telling us that she is leaving this place just because Chris informed her that he was giving no more money, not because she planned to leave?   

2weeks? Why can't she leave right away?

And why did it look so natural that she was a prostitute?

Sean must really be in love with that little girl. Really.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, NinaH said:

Darcy looks amazing, though I wish she'd tone it down just a little. And girl, you don't need that jackass. Do you and focus on your children and the right man for you will come along. 

Yup, the best she has looked since she first appeared.  She was stuffed into that dress but she worked it.  Her phone is going to ringing off the hook once she gets rid of her excess baggage, with his controlling ass.

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Mother Patrick is acting very low class and being rude and abusive to a total stranger.  That is not awesome.  

Myriam should have told him she had a BF.  Patrick is nuts, but I think she led him on.  

• Love 14