Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We laughed through Abby's responses to her relationship with Chris.  When it became obvious that she was still in his condo, we figured that those "laughing-while-you're-trying-to-look-like-you're-crying" moments were when a nude Chris was dancing behind the cameras so no one could see him but Abby.

I felt like Jesse and Darcy's segment was 100% acting. I'd read that they were both just interested in doing the show for publicity - her for her House of 11 clothing line, and him because he's a model. And the acting was so bad - and the dialog so indecipherable - that it was like flipping through the channels and landing on one of the Spanish soap operas. All overacting, and no idea (on my part) what they're even talking about.

BTW . . . Darcy - nice dress. Too bad they didn't have one in your size so you could have breathed.

I get where you're coming from about the acting with Darcy and Jesse, and you may very well be right. But there were definitely some chords struck, so to speak, with his behavior. If it was acting, I'm not sure it helps his career at all. The whole alpha male persona and domineering behavior might be appealing to some on the surface, but the name calling and degradation? Plus his disheveled and overall weirdo appearance on the tell-all kind of contradicts his in-control and polished character during the series. I know they were both hyping their 'products' during the season, but other than name recognition, how does this help their cause? Maybe I'm just totally naive when it comes to marketing lol.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Shaun Robinson looked more excited to see Jesse than Darcey was.

LOL so true about that promise ring! Her replacing it was a big FU to Jesse, throwing her sentimentality towards the relationship out the window. It's also saying, "I've got more way expendable income than you do, buddy!"

Darcey's getting her groove back. She's not the slavish lapdog anymore. She's also coming across smarter because as we suspected she's completely capable of giving it back to him and then some!

The whole time before Jesse came on, Darcy kept looking over to the right. I think the surprise was more for us, since they were the only couple to have both partners on set. They didn't really react like it was the first time seeing each other in months.

• Love 10

Didn’t Patrick say in the first episode that he and myriam met on Instagram? myriam has no photo’s with this guy she cares so much about? The whole thing is confusing but I don’t get any bad vibes from her she seems like a nice person & I think she never expected him to go to Paris. 

Cortney showing her parents that calendar was so cringe. Why would you want your parents looking at your “boyfriends” junk? Especially when you told them you had sex with him. “Hey mom and dad look at this guy who doesn’t give a shit about me that I banged” ugh gross. She spent the whole FaceTime conversation posing and checking her self out. She’s completely oblivious that he basically said she’s an option to marry cause he’s getting old. LOL I couldn’t help but yell at the tv “YOU WILL!” when Courtney said “my parents always thought I would end up alone” 

Paul/Larry snooze fest. They will go back to living their dull lives & crappy jobs,except now they have to actually support their foreign wives while being in a sexless marriage and a wife who will hate the sight of them after a year I’m sure. 

Abby I hate her. She talked a big talk in her first episode about being independent, a smart women &  hard working. Yet all I’ve seen her do is take money from creepy old guys.  I would love to hear what Sean’s daughter, who is away at university and working that’s Abby’s age thinks of the whole thing,but then again I don’t blame her for not wanting any part in her dads pathetic relationship.

Darcy & Jesse should get lifetime restraining orders for each other. Jesse’s behavior is scary. At the end it really seemed like Darcy was done with his shit,you could see the anger all over he face when she said she’s tired of fighting the same fight. But then they walked off stage together like nothing happened? Which confused me. Were they acting? Plus her reaction when he Jesse appeared was weird,it’s like she already knew he was there,no excitement at all. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, millennium said:

Let's not forget that Patrick passive-aggressively set up this angry confrontation between his mother and Myriam, two women he professes to love, then sat back to watch the fireworks and be the "voice of reason" in the hopes that it would solidify his status as underdog and victim.

Myriam is not a bitch, two-faced or otherwise.   Probably the only reason she agreed to be on this broadcast was to set the record straight and hopefully defuse all the hatred undoubtedly coming her way over the web.

It sickens me that Myriam has become the convenient villain in this psychodrama while the architect of this whole mess -- Patrick -- is absolved as being just "stupid."   I firmly believe Patrick never disclosed the nature of this show to Myriam, or even that it was called 90 Day Fiance.   Not once, not for an instant, did I see a glimmer that Myriam ever understood Patrick was there to bag a wife and take her home.

I respect your opinion and insight but I have to disagree that Myriam is a convenient villian.  At some point everyone appearing on the show would have had to sign a release form; presumably that form would have been in French and she would have been afforded the opportunity to ask questions prior to agreeing to appear.  I have serious doubts she went into this totally blind.

You are absolutely correct that she was probably unaware of the depths of Patrick's feelings for her.  But, she could have easily told him she was already involved with someone and a trip to Paris to court her would be a waste of his time and money.  I feel the show knew about the boyfriend but convinced them both to go through with it for the sake of ratings.  Otherwise, what man is going to let his girlfriend spend that much time with another man she has been flirting with on the Internet?  

The whole confrontation between Momma Patrick and Myriam was totally contrived, but not solely by Patrick.  I think the producers were definitely complicit in that too because they saw how volatile and outspoken his mother is and they knew putting the two of them together would generate some fireworks.  

Patrick  does not appear to be the wisest man on the planet, nor is Myriam as cold and callous as depicted, but  how much is real and how much is crafted for our entertainment? 

We're all seeing what the producers want us to see and since I don't know any of the cast personally, I can only form an opinion based on how they are portrayed each week.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't see anything awesome about Mother Patrick at all.   She's got blinders on and she's rude.   She is utterly unable to conceive that her fame-whore son rigged this whole scenario, lying to her and lying to Myriam for his own selfish reasons.  Instead, she goes all mama-bear and tears into Myriam,  no questions asked.

Myriam did nothing wrong here, except maybe being too considerate of an American idiot's feelings.    I applaud Myriam for standing up for herself and not allowing Mother Patrick to browbeat her into silence and undeserved shame.   If Myriam's a jerk, it's only for allowing that happity ass Patrick into her country in the first place.   Maybe her flaw is that she was too polite to tell an internet friend to cut the shit before it became a problem.   

If you believe that Myriam didn't know about Patrick's intentions, that she made it clear to him that he was permanently in the friend zone, and didn't lead him on in any way, your view makes sense.  Personally, I don't believe that.  I just can't see Patrick flying off to Paris (France) and the TLC cameras following him there, without some indication from Myriam that a romantic relationship was on the table.  

Even on the show, instead of just saying she wasn't interested in him, she seemed to give a yellow light, rather than a red light with the "You are everything a woman could want...but I have a boyfriend...and by the way, the boyfriend basically ignores me.   

Of course, as obsessed as Patrick was (is?) he might have gone through a red light, but I don't think we can know that because Myriam did participate in what she described as "a flirt".  

I know if some crazy woman I spoke with on the internet and wasn't interested in was going to travel thousands of miles to see me, I would say, "Don't come!  If you come, I won't see you.". 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I think Shawn looked fabulous. Her arms are toned, she has a great figure, and her hair was styled nicely. She doesn't need to "eat more" or whatever. Her only flaw is being awful at hosting TLC Tell-a-Little specials. 

I loved her hair, the style, the colour with the blond bits, at first I thought it was a different host! I don’t see how she looked sickly at all.

It is hard to know with the Patrick/Miriam stuff who is being honest or maybe most honest.  It does seem in the show that Miriam lead Patrick on a bit but it also is clear Patrick isn’t taking no for an answer.  I guess I can see both sides.  At least for them both they live far apart so that will help cut ties, and Miriam can block Patrick online.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Oh all right.  

1C6E83D1-5BD7-430E-84E4-14D3AC9E7078.jpeg

ROFLOL!

Bless you, Sprockets!

33 minutes ago, fountain said:

I loved her hair, the style, the colour with the blond bits, at first I thought it was a different host! I don’t see how she looked sickly at all.

Better than that keyhole dress she wore last time! 

I got the biggest kick out of that. You could tell which way she was gesturing with her arms by the direction that her breasts went.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, fountain said:

It is hard to know with the Patrick/Miriam stuff who is being honest or maybe most honest.  It does seem in the show that Miriam lead Patrick on a bit but it also is clear Patrick isn’t taking no for an answer.  I guess I can see both sides.  At least for them both they live far apart so that will help cut ties, and Miriam can block Patrick online.

Why on earth did Myriam even agree to come on the the Tell All show if she has a boyfriend and was trying to send a message to Patrick that she was not interested in him?  He may not want to take "no" for an answer but she is sending him mixed signals.  There is no story line there, Patrick needs to find another way to make a dime and another place to backflip.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't see anything awesome about Mother Patrick at all.   She's got blinders on and she's rude.   She is utterly unable to conceive that her fame-whore son rigged this whole scenario, lying to her and lying to Myriam for his own selfish reasons.  Instead, she goes all mama-bear and tears into Myriam,  no questions asked.

Myriam did nothing wrong here, except maybe being too considerate of an American idiot's feelings.    I applaud Myriam for standing up for herself and not allowing Mother Patrick to browbeat her into silence and undeserved shame.   If Myriam's a jerk, it's only for allowing that happity ass Patrick into her country in the first place.   Maybe her flaw is that she was too polite to tell an internet friend to cut the shit before it became a problem.   

Myriam still had a two-week window to tell Patrick the truth after he admitted that he had feelings for her. (As if booking the tickets wasn't already indication enough for her.)

Also, her phone message wasn't mixed signals, but telling them that they would be an item if her boyfriend was out of the way, well, that was. She may have been trying to assuage his ego, but it was (inadvertently), kind to be cruel (see what I did there?)

• Love 2

Darcy actually looked younger.  Botox, fillers, tv makeup/lighting and getting rid of the heavy brows/black hair helped.

Of course mentally she's a toddler.  Thank goodness someone in the relationship has half a brain about marriage.   But what did he say that got bleeped out?  It looked like "Booty" ha.

• Love 3

I think the main problem with Patrick is his massive ego aka his deep insecurities.

He thinks, convinces himself or pretends that the woman HE picks is the luckiest woman in the world.  

That he has decided to stop his lady killer ways and pick someone , the world stops while every single woman in the world waits to be chosen.

He seems like a nice guy underneath the fake bravado, so he should drop the act, find some nice clothes and just be genuine.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Splithair said:

I get where you're coming from about the acting with Darcy and Jesse, and you may very well be right. But there were definitely some chords struck, so to speak, with his behavior. If it was acting, I'm not sure it helps his career at all. The whole alpha male persona and domineering behavior might be appealing to some on the surface, but the name calling and degradation? Plus his disheveled and overall weirdo appearance on the tell-all kind of contradicts his in-control and polished character during the series. I know they were both hyping their 'products' during the season, but other than name recognition, how does this help their cause? Maybe I'm just totally naive when it comes to marketing lol.

I don't understand why Darcey was all weepy and upset about "all the fights" and "all the tension". Girl. Just break up with him. You haven't invested years of your life, you share no property, children, or assets. Why all the tears and worry about "working through" your differences? Break up! Jesus!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I just can't see Patrick flying off to Paris (France) and the TLC cameras following him there, without some indication from Myriam that a romantic relationship was on the table.  

Patrick is 24 years old.  He has said on his own Facebook that he has been on 6 TV shows.  Not sure what they have all been, but there have been multiple reality show appearances.  Patrick would fly off to Paris (France) for a cup of coffee if TLC paid the airfare and sent cameras.

#famewhore #needstobuyshirtswithoutholes

• Love 23
21 hours ago, Granny58 said:

@Tuneful  Yeah, I've heard that about the older dating scene.  Pathetic.  If I'm ever alone again, I'm done.  I'll get a dog.  By the way, LOVE your reason for edit.  LOL.   

Ha!  I got two dogs

• Love 6
1 hour ago, fountain said:

I loved her hair, the style, the colour with the blond bits, at first I thought it was a different host!

The dime store wig? LOL ok

10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Patrick is 24 years old.  He has said on his own Facebook that he has been on 6 TV shows.  Not sure what they have all been, but there have been multiple reality show appearances.  Patrick would fly off to Paris (France) for a cup of coffee if TLC paid the airfare and sent cameras.

#famewhore #needstobuyshirtswithoutholes

The Patrick story (at least his side) is totally contrived.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't understand why Darcey was all weepy and upset about "all the fights" and "all the tension". Girl. Just break up with him. You haven't invested years of your life, you share no property, children, or assets. Why all the tears and worry about "working through" your differences? Break up! Jesus!

There's always that *one guy*.....

• Love 1
9 hours ago, millennium said:

It sickens me that Myriam has become the convenient villain in this psychodrama

I agree completely.  I don't know how that kind of thing happens, and it does happen in an instant.  It seems arbitrary, the way a flock of chickens picks one of their members to peck.  Miryam seems quite without guile to me . 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

I couldn't help but think John Travolta in Battlefield Earth, it was giant!

Shaun Robinson's wig reminded you of this?? LOL

Battlefield-Earth-John-Travolta.jpg

47 minutes ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

Darcy actually looked younger.  Botox, fillers, tv makeup/lighting and getting rid of the heavy brows/black hair helped.

Of course mentally she's a toddler.  Thank goodness someone in the relationship has half a brain about marriage.   But what did he say that got bleeped out?  It looked like "Booty" ha.

"Bullshitting" as in "She needs to stop all the bullshitting."

• Love 3
Just now, Sprockets said:

I agree completely.  I don't know how that kind of thing happens, and it does happen in an instant.  It seems arbitrary, the way a flock of chickens picks one of their members to peck.  Miryam seems quite without guile to me . 

I disagree, saying things like "I've been waiting my whole life for man to say these things" it led us to believe she was interested.   I'm mad at her for betraying ME lol

2 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Shaun Robinson's wig reminded you of this?? LOL

Battlefield-Earth-John-Travolta.jpg

"Bullshitting" as in "She needs to stop all the bullshitting."

Oh brother I thought it was more dramatic than a stupid swear.   Thanks!  and yes on the hair lol

• Love 1

Jesse is abusive; Darcy has issues - they need to stop -whatever this is they're doing- at least for her kids' sake; they've been through one divorce as it is.

I don't think Antonio had his 'bits' showing in the calendar, but it was most likely everything but the bits. Weird that they're putting it up in their house. His contrived embarrassment was stupid; he got himself out there on TV & is surely happy about it.

I'm in the camp that Myriam knew about the show, but didn't know how far Patrick (& production) were going to take this, so she is their convenient 'bad guy'. They probably all egged her on with the boyfriend talk, then threw her under the bus when her time was up. I think her tears were real  - she told Patrick it was 'time to tell the truth'. But Patrick won't do that & risk not getting another show offer.

I feel Mother Patrick was in on it & might find out how much karma can be a bitch, someday.

Edited by gonecrackers
too many alls
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

His contrived embarrassment was stupid;

I thought he actually looked pink, i.e. blushing, and was genuinely embarrassed.   I'm not good at seeing ulterior motives, but it seemed TO ME that Courtney and Antonio hit it off.  Which was a HUGE surprise to see...out of left field!  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I thought he actually looked pink, i.e. blushing, and was genuinely embarrassed.   I'm not good at seeing ulterior motives, but it seemed TO ME that Courtney and Antonio hit it off.  Which was a HUGE surprise to see...out of left field!  

I noticed from watching him in the episodes that he wears makeup, so it's possible he used too much color that day.

Anyone who poses like that & has 'S-E-X' on his forehead I don't see as being the easily embarrassed type.

I also still don't see any chemistry between them. Cortney has zero personality & it's hard for me to believe he'd be interested in such an overdone dud.

• Love 3

If not for herself, Darcey needs to think of her daughters and get off of this reality tv nonsense.  I can't imagine what went through their heads watching this psycho abuse their mother on tv, and Darcey is insane if she would allow that to happen in front of them.  Shaun Robinson should have done more than look on horrified, she should have intervened and called Jesse on the spot for his abusive meltdown.  And TLC should be ashamed of itself for letting the ugly scene play out because it makes for "great drama".  What if the guy physically assaulted her?  The way he launched into Darcey, then snuggled up to her, then launched into her again, is classic abuse behavior.  The look on his face when the producer was talking to them off-set at the end was like a volcano about to explode.  The guy is genuinely nuts and needs a shrink, and she should never have him around her kids, though I guess she has.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I noticed from watching him in the episodes that he wears makeup, so it's possible he used too much color that day.

Anyone who poses like that & has 'S-E-X' on his forehead I don't see as being the easily embarrassed type.

I also still don't see any chemistry between them. Cortney has zero personality & it's hard for me to believe he'd be interested in such an overdone dud.

it's probably just me, but I did think he TURNED pink, but started not pink.  

Cortney is dull as dirt...which is why I was surprised that it seemed they had something going on.  

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

The Patrick story (at least his side) is totally contrived.

I agree. And Mama Patrick was really enjoying her moment too. She ramped from 0 to 60 in no time and couldn't wait to lob her hate bombs at Myriam in the trashiest, most classless way possible. She did nothing to make herself or her precious boy child look good.

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Like finds like. Antonio is a dud too. He's painted as a smooth, sexy Euro playboy, but really he's just a bore. He has the personality of an already squeezed tube of toothpaste.

29 minutes ago, Dobian said:

If not for herself, Darcey needs to think of her daughters and get off of this reality tv nonsense.  I can't imagine what went through their heads watching this psycho abuse their mother on tv, and Darcey is insane if she would allow that to happen in front of them.  Shaun Robinson should have done more than look on horrified, she should have intervened and called Jesse on the spot for his abusive meltdown.  And TLC should be ashamed of itself for letting the ugly scene play out because it makes for "great drama".  What if the guy physically assaulted her?  The way he launched into Darcey, then snuggled up to her, then launched into her again, is classic abuse behavior.  The look on his face when the producer was talking to them off-set at the end was like a volcano about to explode.  The guy is genuinely nuts and needs a shrink, and she should never have him around her kids, though I guess she has.

When I read this, I thought the bolded section said "the guy is genuinely nuts and needs a drink". Which would of course be hilarious. Since he's so pure and into clean living and all.

• Love 11

What was with Antonio's distracting blinking? Corny appeared to be calling him from her childhood bedroom. I'm surprised she didn't have a princess canopy bed and teddy bears. 

Edited to add: does anyone think Antonio was filming from Mama’s house? There seemed to be more decor in the background than in that sterile closet sized long term stay apartment where he stayed with Corny 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

I finally made it thru this episode, sans Patrick & Myriam because I am over both of them.  Patrick's an ass, but Myriam lost me with the "You are playing with my feelings, it's not kind" complete with dramatic walk away.  I think they both wanted to be on TV and they both enjoyed the attention...

So Chris has a "partner"???? I guess he and his partner have an arrangement where he gets to go to the DR for six months and play scabies with Abby...I go back and forth on Abby and Sean.  Sean's a complete idiot, Abby doesn't care for him a bit, she's using him and when she gets whatever she needs/wants from him, she'll get rid of him.  So that would normally make me feel bad for Sean, but he sat there with his schmoopy face and believed idiot Shaun "look how her face lights up!" Yeah.  Sure. 

I have nothing to add to the Darcey/Jesse conversation but he's a complete pompous jerk to her.  She looked better, she doesn't need this crap.  He also gave me the creeps with standing over her and yelling at her and then next scene caressing her neck.

Out of all these couples, I think Jenny and Larry will actually make it.  Not because Jenny is in love with him, most of the time she seems to barely tolerate him, but she's willing to deal with him in order to come to the US and Larry's ok with that.  It's not love, but it's a bargain they're making and I think Jenny will keep her end of the bargain...

Oh I forgot about Corney and Antonio.  I completely believe that Antonio is staying faithful to the woman he couldn't bother to see off at the airport, who he told he needed his space.  Yep, that's quite the relationship, Corney! You go girl!

Edited by kacesq
didn't talk about Cortney/Antonio
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Cortney has zero personality

So true but honestly these couples don't seen very deep at all, they don't ask each other questions that leads to meaningful conversations, just the endless loop of I love you, I can't believe your here and you made it but none of them can answer why they are in love even when their close friends ask. Being pretty or handsome is just not enough. Can you imagine how boring dinner would be with any of these couples? 

• Love 9
On 30/10/2017 at 7:04 PM, Mercolleen said:

Abby. BABY. Are you taking acting classes? So you can be “an old person in your mind”?

The face falling dramatically. The trying to pretend the giggling is crying. The possibly ad libbing the text on the phone.

Brava?

Wow she is good!

Sean you are an idiot!

1 hour ago, kacesq said:

I have nothing to add to the Darcey/Jesse conversation but he's a complete pompous jerk to her.  She looked better, she doesn't need this crap.  He also gave me the creeps with standing over her and yelling at her and then next scene caressing her neck.

Reminded me of Robin Givens and Tyson during an interview. While he has his hand on her neck she is telling about the abuse and bruises he leaves.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

I get the impression that the professional studio makeup artists really do a good job. Heck, even Danielle looked "acceptable" at her Tell All. 

• Love 7

Courtney and Antonino.  I think her parents put the calendar on the wall to show her their support!  They want their daughter to be happy!  Antonio might just like her.  She's not like his usual dates.  She made him wait then she cried and he knows she really likes him.  Wait and see.  This could work out!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Courtney and Antonino.  I think her parents put the calendar on the wall to show her their support!  They want their daughter to be happy!  Antonio might just like her.  She's not like his usual dates.  She made him wait then she cried and he knows she really likes him.  Wait and see.  This could work out!

I totally got a kick out of how amused Parents Cortney were by that calendar. It was something I could picture my far more worldly wise and far more adventurous than Ranch Dip oarents having a good laugh over.

• Love 5

No doubt about it Darcy looked 100% better.  She has been around the block enough to know this is a relationship on the abusive track if it isn't already.  She knows she is not getting a ring and that it isn't going to work without losing herself.  She is not a 20 year old pliable girl ready to be molded by her man (although she thought about it before when she thought she would get a ring).  Now that the cameras are gone, it is over or will be soon.  Back to Match.com or other dating sites (and to having a glass of wine when she wants it).

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I totally got a kick out of how amused Parents Cortney were by that calendar. It was something I could picture my far more worldly wise and far more adventurous than Ranch Dip oarents having a good laugh over.

He needed es-paaaace, they needed to fill a es-paaaace, and Corts is in outer es-paaaace. Win-win all around! BTW when Antonio speaks English he cracks me up, it sounds cute even though it's also es-traaaange. 

BTW, is the show now over? Was that the last installment of the "401K," the business end of the roasted pig, AKA the gift that just keeps on giving? These losahs are SO much better than the line-up on the regular 90DF. 

Palomar: "Back to Match.com or other dating sites (and to having a glass of wine when she wants it)." Yeah, I wonder if American guys her own age who are willing to take her out, buy her non-Cracker Jack Box jewelry, and not boss or lecture her will suddenly look...pret-tay damn good.

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 8
On 10/30/2017 at 9:27 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Did anyone else think that Jesse and Darcy were just giving us another over the top performance so that's either they can come back for another season or they can have a dramatic break up that we can all get involved in.  She didn't seem the least bit surprised that he was in town and he immediately picked a fight with her.  Also, if she's so crazy about him what did she do with the "appreciation" ring.  If this wasn't a performance, then he is really a douche.

Obviously that wasn't a surprise to her lol  They weren't stowing him in a room somewhere away from her

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

He needed es-paaaace, they needed to fill a es-paaaace, and Corts is in outer es-paaaace. Win-win all around! BTW when Antonio speaks English he cracks me up, it sounds cute even though it's also es-traaaange. 

BTW, is the show now over? Was that the last installment of the "401K," the business end of the roasted pig, AKA the gift that just keeps on giving? These losahs are SO much better than the line-up on the regular 90DF. 

LOL! I find myself mimicking Antonio's accent a lot lately. Out of the blue, I'll just come out with: "Corney is sooo drramaaateek!" or "es-stoooop, nooo, pleeea don' crryyyy". The way he talks is adorable.

And I agree that this show is so much more fun than the regular 90DF. Watching these folks fumbling around in foreign countries is high entertainment.

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

LOL! I find myself mimicking Antonio's accent a lot lately. Out of the blue, I'll just come out with: "Corney is sooo drramaaateek!" or "es-stoooop, nooo, pleeea don' crryyyy". The way he talks is adorable.

And I agree that this show is so much more fun than the regular 90DF. Watching these folks fumbling around in foreign countries is high entertainment.

Antonio sounds like Ricky Ricardo on Quaaludes. "Cor-neee, joo got some 'splai-ai-nin' to dooo..."

Edited by Tuneful
Apparently incipient ADHD
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

What was with Antonio's distracting blinking? Corny appeared to be calling him from her childhood bedroom. I'm surprised she didn't have a princess canopy bed and teddy bears. 

I'm thinking Morse code.  You can fill in the blanks.  "Help, I'm ______________"

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Stranger things have happened.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I'm thinking Morse code.  You can fill in the blanks.  "Help, I'm ______________"

Maybe contact lenses. I used to have a lot of difficulty with them in bright light, and we have seen him wear glaaaaaaa-sees.

Re fill in the blanks: "higheee"

Also, his teeth were blindingly white, I think he hit Mom up for a loan and had them touched up.

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tuneful said:

Antonio sounds like Ricky Ricardo on Quaaludes. "Cor-neee, joo got some 'splai-ai-nin' to dooo..."

Lolol! Thanks for the laugh--I can totally hear it! Corny and Antonio weren't that compelling a storyline, but his accent and her cluelessness made it somewhat entertaining (same with Myriam and Patrick-- her accent, his stupidity.

I'm glad others have questioned how Sean terms his venture with Abby a "business." I was scratching my head thinking I must be stupid because I can't see how he makes any money from it-- others here have suggested that he gets paid in sex, which seems the likely case. And the fact that she's staying in the DR--in Chris' condo, still "in business" with him--wow. Sean should just get the word "cuckhold" tattooed on his forehead.

• Love 5

I thought Shaun Robinson was a little better than she was in her previous endeavors. She surprised me when she grilled Abby until the truth came out about the Chris condo. The one couple at a time routine seem to work better for her than asking other couples what they thought of their "co-stars".   

Jenny looked like The Worm Who Ate Brooklyn on video. Not sure what happened there. I hope it works out for them for some reason.  

I find it hard to believe Corny and Not Banderas are going anywhere.  Can't find any reasons either of them would want to.  

Abby and Sean with traces of Chris are still such a mess that I'm skipping passed them.  

Re Bowl and Krinnie, I think I like Karine best of this show. I prayed she would run away screaming from Paul.  Unlike the other couples, I don't feel that they deserve each other.  

It seemed normally demure Miriam was oddly animated and almost unhinged. I still find it hard to believe that a girl with a BF managed to spend enough time online with another guy that he thought they were on the same page. When he said he was coming to Paris, that was her big chance to tell him it was not happening between them. She did the same thing in Paris, spending so much time with him and playing dumb with the mixed messages about not getting enough from the BF.  Whatever her reasons, I don't think she is blameless. Mama lost her mind as well. I thought her rant was uncalled for. Almost felt sorry for Patrick for being caught up in the crazy, and for being delusional.  

Jesse and Darcey are fascinating. He's awful. She's pushy. They're both obnoxious. Ugh. He needs to go do Dutch things. She needs to act like a mother instead of a nitwit, sitting around waiting for this jerk to propose. This is what the reality queen wants her daughters to see? Move on. Their argument took me by surprise because I thought she was more the pretend everything is great type. I thought she looked better without the black rats nest sitting on her head. Liked her dress even though it made her look like a snausage. That is all.  

• Love 8