Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

I believe that was "An Appreciation Ring." 

Also known as "A Promise To Do Nothing Ring", "A Commitment To Nothing Ring" and/or a "Thanks For Playing Ring."

I just re-watched the rather cruel fake out Non-Proposal and Jesse definitely called it "An Appreciation Ring" to which she replied, "Oh, a PROMISE ring!" (shades of 8th grade) and now in her eyes, it's morphed into a "Commitment ring." Darcey is wearing his ratty military jacket like a varsity letter sweater while giggling "This will be my last name!" Later she's the definition of "ugly crying" at the airport, while I think Jesse is "fake crying" and can't wait until she turns the corner out of sight. Buh-bye

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Hitler Youth.  

OMG! Every time I see him on screen, that is exactly what I think. In fact, I even sing "I am sixteen going on seventeen" in my head because he reminds me of Rolf from The Sound Of Music, lol.

050814_rolf.jpg

ETA: Not sure, but the above pic may be one of the Von Trapp kids and not Rolf, but they look similar enough. :-)

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

There we go! Now with more Halloween flair! (And much more accurate, too, in order to highlight the disservice that all her fillers and whatever are doing for her. Once she stops that, she'll look much better and more human.)

I am sometimes so thankful to be on a board where people I've never met continue to keep me entertained and make me laugh.  Thank you Mr. Smith!

• Love 2
17 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We're watching the World Series, and will catch up with 90-Day franchise stuff tomorrow.  But in reading about the hair incident, I wonder if Karine and Abby are communicating in real life, and Karine will send the hair to Abby so she can take it to the voodoo lady and have a Paul voodoo doll made.

Unexplained sharp pains in Paul's nether regions will be the proof!

Yes. No ordinary condom can stop penis fish bites by voodoo.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

"I have heard about this practice. It is most likely one of their countrymen who is turning these donations into a business. That person probably justifies it as "putting food on their table," but is invariably taking it off of someone else's. There is a way to stop it however. Due to this I have recently only donated to charities that I know directly distribute to the people recieving the benefits. The next step is education, this is a harder issue, because in many countries (the US included) the government doesn't want the people to know."

Hummm could this be donated clothing that Sean is bringing to Abby to sell?  I googled around and it seems that happens a lot in Haiti.  I know some of the clothing had tags but I think that happens.  I also know you can buy really cheap things on Ebay shipped from China.

This is what I was going to say. You can buy a clothing or accessories haul/lot on eBay for $1-10. Then you break it up and sell each item with a 60% markup. That's how people make money in the US anyway. I'm sure they could do the same on the islands, if they can get the stuff there.

Either Abby or someone here said that Haitians are willing to pay top dollar once they hear the merchandise is straight from the US. This makes me sad about Abby though because it means that she is participating in ripping off her own less wealthy countrymen. And a lot of the stuff people buy in lot sales is damaged, so it's even more disheartening.

I can't help it, I still have a soft spot for Abby. I imagine at some point she was a really sweet girl but then she ended up dealing with old men who said they cared about her but gave her nothing but panties and scabies. Her attitude is the result of crappy treatment. I seriously can not believe those two men let her sit around with an infection while they argued about who could monopolize her the most. So gross.

I also don't think Jenny is unattractive. These women do not have the beauty tools that westerns have and they still look better or just as good as the Americans. Although I think both Cortney and Darcy could look very attractive if they had less spackle. I actually think if Karine had clear skin, she would kind of look like Brazilian VS Model Lais Ribeiro.

Lais

• Love 5
3 hours ago, chickenella said:

If he was smart he would have asked Karine to snip off a lock or small piece way before leaving for the airport.

Or clean out the hotel drain before they left.  (I admit I stole this idea from a previous poster* and I'm sorry I don't remember who it is).

*The poster suggested that's where Pole's mother got the hair she gave to him in the Kleenex wad.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Don't forget that the tell all  is on tonight at 8 ET. My DVR says it is a 2 hour reunion. TLC better not try to pull a fast one and insert an hour of some BS show they are trying to market. 

*runs around flapping arms and screaming*

Not sure I can handle it !!

May need some wine!

47 minutes ago, lids said:

I also don't think Jenny is unattractive.

I think she is more like 33 and not in her 20's.

Those pictures of her that he had do not even look like the same person.

Maybe they pulled a fast one on Larry and Bozo didnt catch on.

• Love 4

In thinking about Abby and the clothes that Sean brings and the "business" that she will continue with Chris, I was wondering if Chris asked her how she got her money and supported herself and she just said she had a clothing business with Chris and then Sean started sending her clothing items.  A sharp-eyed post above noticed that Abby was using a purse that Sean sent to her; maybe she has no intent to sell the clothes.  Maybe she just didn't want to tell Sean what her real business is...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Does Shawn Robinson eat?  She looks like a skeleton with a wig on in the upcoming reunion previews.

Agreed!   Hubby and I were commenting on the previews.  And the cameras add pounds!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

Dat eye makeup!

It's a problem with the left eye.  The eye socket actually looks much smaller than the right one.  No one's eyes are exactly the same size, and one eye is usually a bit lower than the other, but this is severe.  

• Love 1

I finally figured out who Pole reminds me of, Jen from the Little Couple. They have the same toothy grin, and the same laugh! (That's where the similarities end, no offense to Jen).

I was so excited when Karine said no, but then of course she said yes. Living in a small Brazilian village must really suck, I get that. I just wish there was some way to a better life than moving to Kentucky with Pole. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

It's a problem with the left eye.  The eye socket actually looks much smaller than the right one.  No one's eyes are exactly the same size, and one eye is usually a bit lower than the other, but this is severe.  

Hubby and I were commenting on her spackle, uh I mean makeup process. 

Now, I wear makeup.  Powder, eyeshadow, mascara etc.  Takes me 3 minutes to do my face. And I am not a natural beauty. 

Seems like her makeup process takes forever.  While he watches!!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Hubby and I were commenting on her spackle, uh I mean makeup process. 

Now, I wear makeup.  Powder, eyeshadow, mascara etc.  Takes me 3 minutes to do my face. And I am not a natural beauty. 

Yes, did you notice how she globbed on the foundation?  Like by the spoonful.  That's a lot of makeup for someone so young.  Her Mary Kay consultant must love her. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Does Shawn Robinson eat?  She looks like a skeleton with a wig on in the upcoming reunion previews.

Oh, no, please NOT Shawn Robinson!!!!  I propose we take up a collection or raise some money so TLC will pay for a competent host for the tell all.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

Dat eye makeup!

wonky.jpg

wonky2.jpg

She is wearing Business eyeliner on her right eye and Party eyeliner on her left.  An eyeliner mullet,  if you will. 

She's like Harvey "Two-Face" Dent.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I stopped all of that over a decade ago. She had to do everything while he watched - there was no room in that rabbit hutch they rented.  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and Corny is crying for an hour in your apartment. Terrifying. 

I've had the sense from Day 1 that Cor-nee should be visiting a therapist, not Malaga. Being a Disney Princess must be a lot of pressure. Otherwise, when not freeloading around the world (which she makes sound glamorous but must be lonely and weird) she lives with her parents and maybe lacks purpose, a community, and roots, at least since they came to FL.

Our community is HERE for you, Corts.

I'm ashamed to admit this tidbit but I had last week's epi on in the background last night. One of the bonus scenes was when 'Tonio gave Cor-nee a geeeft. "You NEED this, Cor-nee." He hands her this wrapped package, and she's all excited. She opens it up and if you all could only have seen the expression on her face. Not a memento of  3000-mile trip. Not something romantic. Not even a portable fan. Instead a foam cushion that looked like a Whoopie cushion (about that size, but thicker) with a 'yellow 70s smiley face on it with a tear or two coming out of one eye. Clearly Antonio went all out at Five Below or a street vendor. "So you cry from happy, not sad."

I can't remember whether it prompted a fresh round of tears. I think she tried to be polite but was actually--insert operative word for both of them--DUMBfounded. I've had more than my share in four decades of dopey presents from dopey guys but I think this one puts them to shame. 

Edited by Tuneful
"No fight, only l-o-o-o-ve"
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

<snip>

I'm ashamed to admit this tidbit but I had last week's epi on in the background last night. One of the bonus scenes was when 'Tonio gave Cor-nee a geeeft. "You NEED this, Cor-nee." He hands her this wrapped package, and she's all excited. She opens it up and if you all could only have seen the expression on her face. Not a memento of  3000-mile trip. Not anything romantic. Not a portable fan. Instead a foam cushion that looked like a Whoopie cushion (about that size, but thicker) with a 'yellow 70s smiley face on it with a tear or two coming out of one eye. Clearly he went all out with Five Below or a street vendor. 

"So you cry from happy, not sad." I can't remember whether that prompted a fresh round of tears. I think she tried to be polite but was actually--the operative word for both of them--DUMBfounded. I've had more than my share in four decades of dopey presents from guys but I think this may blow them away. 

I didn't see the "bonus" episode, but from your description, Tuneful, that sounds like an emoji pillow.  At least it wasn't a smiling poo.

Edited by Kath94
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

I didn't see the "bonus" episode, but from your description, Tuneful, that sounds like an emoji pillow.  At least it wasn't a smiling poo.

Well, you know, Kids These Days, haha. Correction: Over-40 gigolos with no regular job and no home of their own, these days. 

And to answer HappyDancex2 below, my first thought too was, an Appreciation Pillow! 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I've had the sense from Day 1 that Cor-nee should be visiting a therapist, not Malaga. Being a Disney Princess must be a lot of pressure. Otherwise, when not freeloading around the world (which she makes sound glamorous but must be lonely and weird) she lives with her parents and maybe lacks purpose, a community, and roots, at least since they came to FL.

Our community is HERE for you, Corts.

I'm ashamed to admit this tidbit but I had last week's epi on in the background last night. One of the bonus scenes was when 'Tonio gave Cor-nee a geeeft. "You NEED this, Cor-nee." He hands her this wrapped package, and she's all excited. She opens it up and if you all could only have seen the expression on her face. Not a memento of  3000-mile trip. Not something romantic. Not even a portable fan. Instead a foam cushion that looked like a Whoopie cushion (about that size, but thicker) with a 'yellow 70s smiley face on it with a tear or two coming out of one eye. Clearly Antonio went all out at Five Below or a street vendor. "So you cry from happy, not sad."

I can't remember whether it prompted a fresh round of tears. I think she tried to be polite but was actually--insert operative word for both of them--DUMBfounded. I've had more than my share in four decades of dopey presents from dopey guys but I think this one puts them to shame. 

Man that is so.....sad.  A level below an appreciation ring.  Sheesh I've gotten more meaningful gifts from secret santa gift exchange at work.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Love 9

Did anyone else notice when Sean and Abby were sitting on the couch in her hotel room (was that a hotel room?) how uncomfortable she looked? She looked so stiff. I kept thinking, "light as a feather, stiff as a board, light as a feather, stiff as a board." 

Dear Court,

He ghosted you at the airport, he ghosted you while you were AT his apartment, he ghosted you as you were leaving. Chances are, you are history.

Love,

Every person in history who has ever has someone not that into them (including me, circa 1991)

• Love 9

Abby is scary.

If that imbecile asks her to marry him, her pay back will be living in nowheres-ville Ohio.

These loser men should just face facts about themselves, stay home and hire a prostitute.   

Oh, I forgot these losers want to pretend some young beautiful women actually are attracted to them.

I think Abby is brilliant. Think about it, Horribly poor girl, little resources, probably minimal or poor education. She figures out to target older American men(who better), obtains thousands of dollars worth of clothing  FOR FREE(unless it requires a sex trade off which I'm sure it does with Chris), makes more money from one load of clothes than she can probably make in 6 months working. I'm betting there are a few more guys who bring her things that we don't see.  Desperation is the mother of genius. 

• Love 6

I'd like to know where her dates get the clothes. Wouldn't it cost them something to go to Goodwill and other thrift shops? (I trust they're not robbing Planet Aid donation boxes.) Then they have to get it to Haiti.  Not to mention dealing with the attitudes of Customs when they find 500 pairs of women's panties in a guy's luggage. Save the hassle and give her those funds directly in some way, investing in school, a start-up, gift card, etc. 

• Love 2

don' understand how Sean is calling this clothes thing a business. Even if he is getting the clothing really really cheap, on clearance, or overruns, it has to be sold very cheap in Haiti. No one in Haiti has any money. It's not like you can buy clothing in the US, sell it to Haitians and make a profit. Of course Abby is making a profit because she isn't paying for the clothes. She is paying with sex. She is doing the same with Chris. When Sean asked "What can Chris do that we can't do just as well the two of us?" well the answer is MORE INVENTORY=MORE MONEY for her family. Why is she going to turn down inventory? The more she has, the more she can make.

This is a good business Abby has. The more American men she can get to bring her inventory, the better she makes out for herself and her family.  It would be stupid to cut Chris off.

We have a store in Ohio called Marcs and a few other seriously discounted stores. You can buy underwear, bras, even hoodies, tshirts for less than a dollar at times. You can also go to garage sales and buy stuff like that for a dime.  Obviously Chris is getting sex for his contributions and Sean knows this in his heart, Chris isn't flying to Haiti, bringing clothes out of the goodness of his stone cold heart. Actually when I see Chris on screen, he reminds me of the movie Hostel. Something about the smile is like the some of the guys who were killing the kids for kicks. It's that "I can do what I want, whenever I want, to whomever I want and noone can stop me" kind of look. Completely scares me.

• Love 3

Confession and unpopular opinion: I think Pole and Kreenee are kind of adorable. I think they actually got close during his stay in Brazil. And despite his neurotic loony nuttery (and restraining order/arson criminal past) I find him a little bit endearing. Kreenee remains the most normal and genuine person of this crop.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, grammaester said:

Abby is scary.

If that imbecile asks her to marry him, her pay back will be living in nowheres-ville Ohio.

These loser men should just face facts about themselves, stay home and hire a prostitute.   

Oh, I forgot these losers want to pretend some young beautiful women actually are attracted to them.

I think Abby is brilliant. Think about it, Horribly poor girl, little resources, probably minimal or poor education. She figures out to target older American men(who better), obtains thousands of dollars worth of clothing  FOR FREE(unless it requires a sex trade off which I'm sure it does with Chris), makes more money from one load of clothes than she can probably make in 6 months working. I'm betting there are a few more guys who bring her things that we don't see.  Desperation is the mother of genius. 

These guys are so low on the loser scale they can't get/afford prostitutes. 

• Love 1

OMG! Every time I see him on screen, that is exactly what I think. In fact, I even sing "I am sixteen going on seventeen" in my head because he reminds me of Rolf from The Sound Of Music, lol.

ETA: Not sure, but the above pic may be one of the Von Trapp kids and not Rolf, but they look similar enough. :-)

Hysterical, yes, the pic is a Vontrapp from the movie and it's not Rolf(who was the telegram boy. I think it's Friedrich.  I disagree with alot of posters though. I think he seems overcontrolling because he is way over earnest and type A. He wants to do everything perfectly and not make mistakes. Seems like he takes very very seriously learning from your past and ohers mistakes. He seems to me like a really good guy. Honest, hardworking. I think if Darcey would have told him no to the no drinking request and talked with him about it, he would still have had a relationship with her. 

The couples reunite for an emotional tell all, and with everyone back to long distance, they face new pressures, tensions and challenges; host Shaun Robinson gets to the bottom of where they stand now. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I stopped all of that over a decade ago. She had to do everything while he watched - there was no room in that rabbit hutch they rented.  

All that work for nothing since she cried it all off when they said goodbye at the taxi. In fact, at their last kiss when Antonio looked like he was also wiping away rears, I wondered if he was really trying to clean up all the wet, smeary crap that had transferred onto his face. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and Corny is crying for an hour in your apartment. Terrifying. 

What got me was when she said something about crying in the middle of the night; she then "clarified" and said something like, "I woke up at 5 am last night."  So wouldn't that be THIS MORNING?

• Love 2

Abby. BABY. Are you taking acting classes? So you can be “an old person in your mind”?

The face falling dramatically. The trying to pretend the giggling is crying. The possibly ad libbing the text on the phone.

Brava?

• Love 23