Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

Karine saying 'No" followed by the actual 'Yes' was like seeing your team swish the winning shot with 3 seconds left, only to have their opponent throw the full court bucket for the W as time expires.

I actually let out a loud "Noooooooo! Karineeeeee!" Ha! I was so happy for those two seconds. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Splithair said:

Paul and Karine's lack of a shared language will definitely be an issue. It is one of the major signs of fraud that USCIS looks for. 

One thing I've wondered about with Before the 90 Days: you have to submit a ton of proof that the relationship is real when you go through the green card process. The requirements for a K-1 might not be as stringent, but I'm wondering if they can use this show as "proof" of a legitimate relationship?

We had two years of letters in those primitive days as proof. How would you show Skype or switch cell plans and lose your texts, etc as proof? Also, I was self employed and lived cheaply in a cheap area but really got the hairy eyeball at the interview. These people with no job like Buffalo David don't stand a chance.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AudreyHorne said:

Do you ever just have a visceral reaction to someone that you can't explain?  I feel this irrational revulsion toward Cortney.  She's definitely a huge pain in the ass, but it's something more than that.  I shudder and look away when she's on.  I'd rather watch what's-his-head and Karine than Cortney and Antonio and we all know how icky he is.

I also observed that Darcy looks soooo much better leaving Amsterdam than when she arrived.  Definitely less makeup is good but I also think her lip fillers have calmed down a bit since she's been away from her regular esthetician and maybe the not drinking looks better on her too...?  Anyhoo, Jesse is gross and she seems kind of fucked up but basicallly nice, so I hope she finds someone better.

I noticed Darcy looking younger and kind of glowing too.  I wonder if it is the no booze?

I did notice they both are all done up with dyed blonde hair for the reunion!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, lids said:

When Paul offered Karine some of his hair, I screamed a little bit. So. many. red. flags. At least when something happens to her, we've got the creepy backstory on tape.

. . . and Pole's DNA from his hair remnants.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Splithair said:

These two have a very odd dynamic in their relationship. He is so much younger, yet I get this weird daddy vibe from him, like he is setting limits on her behavior for her own good or something. I also find it weird that he keeps telling her he's proud of her and that she's grown. Something is just off there.

I get dominance vibes.  She is a willing participant.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, IAmJ said:

Right?! This was my laugh-out-loud moment of the episode. Sweetie, you're a 3 on a good day.

I laughed harder at the 10 for Jenny. I also think she and Larry are the same number on a scale of 1-10, whatever that number is. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

I laughed harder at the 10 for Jenny. I also think she and Larry are the same number on a scale of 1-10, whatever that number is

I was happy for Jenny.  If Larry thinks she's a 10 he's likely to treat her very well.  

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I get dominance vibes.  She is a willing participant.  

Yes and yes! It's all fun and games until the lust wears off. Then she'll be sick of being treated like a 'baby' and will want to less loose.

Jesse clearly likes everything very controlled. He'd be better off in a long term relationship with himself. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Darcy upgraded her ring from a promise ring to a "commitment " ring at the airport. Whatever makes you feel better sweetie.

She's totally lost in her own illusions.  Girlfriend needs to get a grip and move on.  There are many young, willing 50 Shades of Grey types here in the U.S. who would gladly dominate her ass.  It's a closer and much cheaper option in the long run instead of flying to Europe to be with a dude sporting a projector screen forehead.

8 hours ago, ava111 said:

Abby couldn't be possibly less convincing trying to tell us how much she loves Sean. There was no light in her eyes, she was trying to convince herself too but it's impossible as she loves Chris not Sean. She is not good enough at pretending emotions. You can read her like a book. If Sean doesn't see it it's because he chose not to see it. Sean will forever be just her ticket out of Haiti. Now back to finish the episode...

You're right, there is no light on because no one is home.  She could give two shits less about Sean; he's just a means to an end.  As creepy as it sounds and is, Scabby's heart belongs to here granddaddy/lover, Chris, with whom she is still sharing scabies.

11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Antonio’s body language said it all.  He couldn’t wait for Complainy aka Cortney to be gone.   It was painful to watch!

Let's recap:  1) Mr. Slick didn't meet her at the airport and left her standing in the hot sun for hours waiting for him in a foreign country 2) immediately took her to a beauty pageant, still sweaty and nasty from a long flight, day in the sun 3) stared at other women while in her company, most notably a waitresses ass 4) left her alone in an apartment with no air conditioning for a full 24 hours  and 5) didn't take her to the airport for her return flight to the U.S..  Corny, you are one dumb ass woman.  I certainly hope this is the end of you and the 41 year old gigolo

• Love 20

Antonio saying, "I only think of today" is the way ALL the Spaniards think.  It's "what can I get out of today?  How can I enjoy my life right now?" 

I lived in Malaga my Junior year in college .  Best year of my life.  I was surprised at how many people go out, and stay out late on weeknights.  I wondered, how do you make it to work the next day?  and they don't think that way.  Tomorrow will take care of itself,  how can I enjoy right now.  Very different than what I was used to.

if Courtney had bothered to go out, see the sights and the people, be enmeshed in the culture, maybe she would've figured that out.  But probably not.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, rideashire said:

I think she sells those panties 'used' to men who pay for that sort of thing. Remember he brought her a bunch of underwear when he first arrived?

Maybe it's an "add-on" option after a man pays for the pleasure of her company.  "And for only $10 more, you get to keep the panties I was wearing when we met."

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

This show is the best!! Both guys and Myriam looked so relieved  to get their "guests" out of the country.  Loved Jesse's crocodile tears as he practically pushed her and her huge luggage cart toward the exit and she couldn't stop staring back at him.   If this is all just for screen time for their products, she is a much better actress. I'm not psychologist but if Abby's expressions and eyes rolling didn't tell us everything we need to know about how she feels about Sean.  She is one great business woman though; she must have enough stock to have her own Nordstrom's Rack in Haiti. I have to say, Karine must really be desperate to get out of Brazil. She's already expressed reservations about trusting Paul and that hair and all his bizarre behavior must be a clue.  Not one f these couples look likely to make it through the 90 days in the U.S.

Jesse's tears were as believable as every time he said, "babe."  

And Corny...ah, Corny.  He wasn't even attractive to have to listen to that horrible accent and "Corny" for the rest of your life.  (Spanish accents aren't horrible, his just irritates me).

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Bellalisa said:

My other observation is that they both could have learned to speak the languages with that app. If every time they type a sentence, they make the other repeat the original  a few times while reading what they typed, they could learn a lot.  It seems like Pole could have picked up a shitload of Portuguese and vice versa. Except his English is so bad. It would be hard to "repeat after me". 

How did they even talk online? I don't get it.

Karine seemed to do that quite a bit.  And every once in awhile she would speak in english without it or we didn't see her use it before saying short sentences.  Like at the airport she grabbed his hand and said "let's go".  So either she picked up english really freaking quick or she knows more than she lets on.  

10 hours ago, Bellalisa said:

Also I think Darcey is kind of cute in her own way.  Her boyfriend is too rigid. He is all wrong for her. I don't know that she could easily find a man though. It is hard for a single woman with kids in her 40's to find a decent man. Match.com is not as great as married/coupled people seem to think it is.

And according to my co-worker - there's a lot of fake profiles.  

10 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I thought that was the house he was flipping (in progress?!)  It had tons of weird construction material everywhere.

It is, he bought a run down house to remodel and he's living in it.   Not sure why people keep commenting on him living in a dump and being surprised.  In his very first episode he said that's exactly what he's doing. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Karine had to say"Yes", to save her village from destruction by arson fire. She now knows the truth about Pole. 

My morning laugh!! Spilled coffee all over keyboard... but thanks!!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Splithair said:

I met my spouse on match.com. ?

These two have a very odd dynamic in their relationship. He is so much younger, yet I get this weird daddy vibe from him, like he is setting limits on her behavior for her own good or something. I also find it weird that he keeps telling her he's proud of her and that she's grown. Something is just off there.

I met my spouse on Match.com too -- we just celebrated our 15 year anniversary!  However....I think Match (or the people on it, or what they are looking for) is different now than it was, 15 years ago.

10 hours ago, Splithair said:

I met my spouse on match.com. ?

I know I keep saying it...but I think it's a D/s relationship (Dominant, submissive).  Makes perfect sense when you look at it that way.

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 2

I think Abby is calculating.  She's attractive, smart and will do very well in the States once she gets employment after the required length of time.  She won't need Sean for long.  Jenny will also be fine.  As drippy as he seems, I think Larry will care for her.  It's Kreeny I worry about.  Not just the language barrier.  Paul is scary and weird.  Hope she stays in close contact with her family.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, ava111 said:

Abby couldn't be possibly less convincing trying to tell us how much she loves Sean. There was no light in her eyes, she was trying to convince herself too but it's impossible as she loves Chris not Sean. She is not good enough at pretending emotions. You can read her like a book. If Sean doesn't see it it's because he chose not to see it. Sean will forever be just her ticket out of Haiti. Now back to finish the episode...

And, the way her eyes were darting around when she was answering his questions in the restaurant...

• Love 6

For every happy Match.com story there are 1000 failures. I'm sure Darcy has tried it. Match these days is full of predators and guys that just want sex chat.

Sean is living in a house he is flipping. If you look in the background, the rooms that are finished look beautiful. They keep showing him in unfinished rooms.  I was hoping they would show the living room which looked really nice. It is in the background in a few shots. Most likely the light was wrong for filming, so he was in the room with the construction materials. 

Interesting comments on getting all those clothes in through customs. Maybe they turn a blind eye to Americans entering Haiti because the people need everything.  As far as cost of goods sold and Sean making any kind of profit, I just don't see how. He gets a pair of  $25 shoes on clearance for $8 and she sells them for $8 in Haiti, which is a lot of money in Haiti.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Bellalisa said:

I don' understand how Sean is calling this clothes thing a business.

I bet he didn't call it that in customs.  Those of us who have traveled internationalyl know how unbelievable this whole scenario is.  It looked like the items still had tags on them, so they were obviously new and would have had to be declared.  If he declared "300 pairs of women's panties," it would have been noticed.  

Further to your post, as you point out it could not be a successful business.  It makes no sense economically.  

2 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

Sean is living in a house he is flipping. If you look in the background, the rooms that are finished look beautiful. They keep showing him in unfinished rooms.  I was hoping they would show the living room which looked really nice. It is in the background in a few shots. Most likely the light was wrong for filming, so he was in the room with the construction materials. 

I know that is the story, but the rooms they've shown him in have been dreadful, and I watched as they showed him leaving the house.  To me, it looks more like a place someone intended to flip, years ago.  I don't believe much on this show.  

Edited by Sprockets
more to say
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

He gets a pair of  $25 shoes on clearance for $8 and she sells them for $8 in Haiti, which is a lot of money in Haiti.

In that scenario it would be the equivalent of him giving her $8, except of course for his time and the joy he gets from shopping for women's shoes and clothes.  I doubt he breaks even, and I also doubt he would be allowed through customs unmolested.  The customs officers are relatively poor, too, and customs officers are not known for their leniency.  

• Love 1

The whole thing is crazy! He is definitely not making any money. I guess he calls it  "our business venture" because SHE has a business, getting clothes to resell from all of her boy toys. His part in the business is that he is her supplier.  And now he has been shown on TV bringing goods for resale into Haiti. So he really does not have an alibi.

Edited by Bellalisa
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Sean probably paid more baggage fees for all of that cheap rue21 clothes he brought to Haiti then Abby will even profit

Anything Abby makes selling clothes donated by Sean, Chris or another Sugar Daddy will be  profit for HER! 

• Love 5

He is a 2. She is higher than that for sure. She is a 2-face though. Sometimes she is pretty sometimes she is scary looking. I think it is her satan teeth. As long as she keeps her mouth closed, she can look pretty. Lol. Cracking myself up.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Well, in Larry's eyes she's a 10 but since he considers himself a 5, I think both numbers are inflated. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Exactly, and it's a beautiful thing

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bellalisa said:

Also I think Darcey is kind of cute in her own way an 800-year-old vampire kind of way.  Her boyfriend is too rigid. He is all wrong for her. I don't know that she could easily find a man though. It is hard for a single woman succubus with kids in her 840's to find a decent man. Match.com is not as great for 840-year-old witches as married/coupled people seem to think it is.

There we go! Now with more Halloween flair! (And much more accurate, too, in order to highlight the disservice that all her fillers and whatever are doing for her. Once she stops that, she'll look much better and more human.)

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

"Someone I know" found this comment very funny.

I swear it really was my co-worker! lol  She went on match, was bound and determined to at least get 3 dates out of it.  She found it to be a lot harder than she thought as well.  She actually did get a boyfriend out of it.. lasted on and off for maybe a year... so she tried match again because she was still paying for it and didn't want to just waste her money.  In the end she gave up. For now.  

However I think I have come across fake profiles too. I haven't used it in years because I did a lot of online dating when I was a lot younger so I'm just kind of tired of it.. but I joined match (freebie profile, not pay) and I was getting messages from guys I would be interested in.  Actually paid for like a 3 month membership, found those guys and messaged them and never heard from them.  Totally convinced they were fake to tempt me into paying so that i could try and respond to them lol 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Sprockets said:

It's his anchor luggage, full of WW2 surplus survival gear and condoms for the penis fish.  

Without context, this sentence is pretty great.  That also goes for most of your replies, tbh, and if there isn't a Sprockets Without Context twitter account, there should be.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think Abby is calculating.  She's attractive, smart and will do very well in the States once she gets employment after the required length of time.  She won't need Sean for long.  Jenny will also be fine.  As drippy as he seems, I think Larry will care for her.  It's Kreeny I worry about.  Not just the language barrier.  Paul is scary and weird.  Hope she stays in close contact with her family.

I agree with this. Larry is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but he seems kind. I think he and Jenny could have a tolerable life together. She doesn't seem to have very high expectations, doesn't expect a mansion or designer handbags. She'll go to school and get a job as a CNA or a bookkeeper, they could do just fine.

Abby is plenty smart, but young. She'll need to learn a few things the hard way, but if she gets to the US I don't doubt she'll own her own business before she's 30. She's ambitious. Once she sorts out her ridiculous triangle she will go places.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Karine had to say"Yes", to save her village from destruction by arson fire. She now knows the truth about Pole. 

Love it!!

Most awkward moment award goes to ...... Kareeney!!

43 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

It's his anchor luggage, full of WW2 surplus survival gear and condoms for the penis fish.  

He also keeps bits of hair and skin from former girlfriends and his Mom.

He has a special one for people at work who made fun of him- also has some Fava beans in there.

• Love 8

When they were in the car going to the airport, I noticed Paul looking up at her head and I was thinking oh no, he's looking at her hair! He's going to ask for some! And he did! Well, he didn't ask first, did he? He just tried to yank it out. Omg, he's got a hair fetish or something! What good are a few strands of hair? They're going to get lost easily. If he was smart he would have asked Karine to snip off a lock or small piece way before leaving for the airport. I mean, if you want the hair that bad. I never wanted somebody's hair and I've been obsessed with a few guys in the past. We did have a locket from my great grandmother or so, it had hair tied up inside it, it was a "thing" back in the day.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tincansailor981 said:

She's totally lost in her own illusions.  Girlfriend needs to get a grip and move on.  There are many young, willing 50 Shades of Grey types here in the U.S. who would gladly dominate her ass.  It's a closer and much cheaper option in the long run instead of flying to Europe to be with a dude sporting a projector screen forehead.

You're right, there is no light on because no one is home.  She could give two shits less about Sean; he's just a means to an end.  As creepy as it sounds and is, Scabby's heart belongs to here granddaddy/lover, Chris, with whom she is still sharing scabies.

Let's recap:  1) Mr. Slick didn't meet her at the airport and left her standing in the hot sun for hours waiting for him in a foreign country 2) immediately took her to a beauty pageant, still sweaty and nasty from a long flight, day in the sun 3) stared at other women while in her company, most notably a waitresses ass 4) left her alone in an apartment with no air conditioning for a full 24 hours  and 5) didn't take her to the airport for her return flight to the U.S..  Corny, you are one dumb ass woman.  I certainly hope this is the end of you and the 41 year old gigolo

She needs to read that best seller "He's Just Not That Into You!"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

. . .if there isn't a Sprockets Without Context twitter account, there should be.  

Merci beaucoup, but it is a condition of my parole that I not tweet.  

53 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

She needs to read that best seller "He's Just Not That Into You!"

You want her to read a whole book?  You are cruel.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

There is something seriously wrong with that man, he seems like a very controlling person with deep seated anger issues.

Right. He doesn't seem like a nice person. He went right in on her when she was drunk, threatening to start "drama" bc he know she loves it.

15 hours ago, Sprockets said:

That's what he claims, but all the interior shots of his house make it apparent he's living in a dump.  Also, it,s the wrong real estate market, in Ohio at least, for successful flipping.  

Is it the military thing or the steroids?  

I was a houseflipper in Ohio and I did great. Now I'm just holding some as rental property. I haven't bought any in a few years but I think the market is still good.

15 hours ago, Bellalisa said:

Also I think Darcey is kind of cute in her own way.  Her boyfriend is too rigid. He is all wrong for her. I don't know that she could easily find a man though. It is hard for a single woman with kids in her 40's to find a decent man. Match.com is not as great as married/coupled people seem to think it is.

I met my ex-husband on match, too. I think it's still the best of the bunch for those looking for something serious.

14 hours ago, beesknees said:

My question is sort of stupid but how is Sean getting all those goods into Haiti without Customs shutting that @#$% down?  You cannot just go into a foreign country with 3 thousand pairs of undies or 200 purses or pairs of shoes and not have to fill out massive paperwork for an importing/exporting business.

Customs in the Caribbean tends to be pretty lax for Americans. But idk about such an obvious haul.

14 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

She just really really wants the relationship to work and is incredibly lonely. Her kids are getting older, her ex is way gone, and she needs a purpose. She poured her heart out as well, and that takes guts. I hope she finds true love. 

But she lives w/ her identical twin sister and all of their kids. Are twins ever lonely together?? I know a man is different. I agree she is cute and it would be easy for her to meet a guy locally.

13 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

How is Jenny a 10? Her bone structure in her face seems off and she looks way older then 23. 

If she just would have gotten braces as a child, all that could have been fixed. She can still fix those fangs but she's too old for braces to move her jawline. Her sister was prettier but Jenny's OK, I guess.

"I have heard about this practice. It is most likely one of their countrymen who is turning these donations into a business. That person probably justifies it as "putting food on their table," but is invariably taking it off of someone else's. There is a way to stop it however. Due to this I have recently only donated to charities that I know directly distribute to the people recieving the benefits. The next step is education, this is a harder issue, because in many countries (the US included) the government doesn't want the people to know."

Hummm could this be donated clothing that Sean is bringing to Abby to sell?  I googled around and it seems that happens a lot in Haiti.  I know some of the clothing had tags but I think that happens.  I also know you can buy really cheap things on Ebay shipped from China.