Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

So it's confirmed, Jana was in fact charged?   I do agree with what was mentioned upthread, the most likely scenario is an improperly restrained child in a motor vehicle, or leaving a young child unsupervised in a vehicle.   Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that's routine for children in the extended family. 

Might be a sign of authorities keeping a watchful eye for any inroads to come in and keep tabs on children in an insular environment where it's been painfully demonstrated there are some adults who are lackadaisical, for lack of a better word, about prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of children.   Especially if a plea deal was offered and accepted jail time is not on the table -- not that it would have been, absent wanton and reckless driving, DUI charges or the like.  

• Love 7

So I understand that she was charged. 

I thought she pled not guilty...but then she took a plea deal? And then she is going to show up at the district court in January?

Is she just going to pay a fine, or is there a possibility that she could get more than that? It appears that one of the links mentioned possibly up to one year in jail?

ETA: I also wonder if the timing coincided with Stephen Wissmann dropping off the news and her starting to wear pants?

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 7

I bet it was either a poorly installed car seat, a short drive with a younger child in no car seat, or maybe she was caught texting while driving with a child in the car?  

I have heard that there are a lot of people in the area who do not like the Duggars at all.  Maybe the police officer was one of them and decided to throw the book at her instead of just giving her a warning.

But interesting that this happened and Stephen Wissmann seemed to go AWOL around the same time.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3

What the hell?? Jana being arrested/charged with something is about the last thing I expected to come out in the midst of all this Josh drama. I think my brain can no longer process any of this!

Though I'm wondering if she took a plea deal because Jim Bob refused to pony up the legal funds with everything going to Golden boy Josh...

• Love 17
Just now, bobalina said:

Hopefully she'll be forbidden from watching kids. Could be the best thing that ever happened  to her.

I had just come here to post that same thought. I hope her punishment is that she's not allowed to watch anyone else's children for the next 10-20 years.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Ok which J is next in line for trouble? 

Birth order dictates JD would be the next one to get into trouble, but I think the next J that could get into trouble will actually be Jed!

Dark horse could be Josiah. The scrubbing of the photos from IG could explain that if it's not related to Josh. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Whoa. Wait. What the actual fuck?!!!!!!!

Did Jana get arrested?! I figured she got ticketed for driving a kid around without a seatbelt. This is insane, and where the hell is her mug shot? I can't believe someone hasn't dug it up by now. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Whoa. Wait. What the actual fuck?!!!!!!!

Did Jana get arrested?! I figured she got ticketed for driving a kid around without a seatbelt. This is insane, and where the hell is her mug shot? I can't believe someone hasn't dug it up by now. 

She was not arrested. She was just issued a citation. She has a bench hearing scheduled for the 10th of Jan.

It wasn't a moving violation.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 13
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I had just come here to post that same thought. I hope her punishment is that she's not allowed to watch anyone else's children for the next 10-20 years.

Maybe Jana, seeing what was coming down the pike (having to raise Josh's brood), decided to do something minor and then anonymously report herself for it. Or she made sure it was done right in front of someone who hates the family and could be counted on to call the police.

Now the family will have to find someone else because, with all the bad publicity from Josh, they certainly can't let someone who's been convicted for endangerment of a child raise the remaining children. (blinks innocently)

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

Conflicting reporting so far - People is saying she is NOT taking a plea and will be at a bench trial in Jan. Others - US Weekly; Daily Mail etc. - are saying she HAS taken a plea (i.e. admitted guilt) and will appear in court in Jan - usually you do appear in court after taking a plea to actually enter the plea -- i.e. Yes judge, I am admitting my guilt because I am guilty, I am here freely and of my own volition to admit guilt etc.

People could be getting it wrong - it's very likely she initially (upon arrest and arraignment - if she was arrested) pled guilty. THEN in the intervening months at some point she decided to take a plea and now that Jan bench trial date is just the date the plea will be entered.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

We said yesterday a lot more will come out about this family.  Did not expect this.  But yeah that family is under a microscope about kids now.

Query can they be denied the right to home school so that the minors have a place to talk to mandatory reporters who will report if only to save their own positions?

ETA. A little searching on twitter.  Looks like she was in charge of the little kids AS USUAL and she fell asleep.  The kids made it put of the house and to the road.  Considering Josie is 12 the kids had to be Jana's nieces/nephews.  Wanna bet it was the M kids and their Mother was too busy being joyfully available to her pedophile husband to watch her own kids.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Useful 6
  • Love 14
29 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

We said yesterday a lot more will come out about this family.  Did not expect this.  But yeah that family is under a microscope about kids now.

Query can they be denied the right to home school so that the minors have a place to talk to mandatory reporters who will report if only to save their own positions?

ETA. A little searching on twitter.  Looks like she was in charge of the little kids AS USUAL and she fell asleep.  The kids made it put of the house and to the road.  Considering Josie is 12 the kids had to be Jana's nieces/nephews.  Wanna bet it was the M kids and their Mother was too busy being joyfully available to her pedophile husband to watch her own kids.

So the M kids get out and run to the road? A cop happens to drive by and charges Jana? There are tons of kids that are of babysitting age. Why Jana? I'm confused about this.

• Love 15

The charge is from Elm Springs, though. I am not sure why they'd be in Elm Springs to be cited there. I saw some initial stuff that said it wasn't a Duggar kid who was on the loose, but I don't know that has ever been confirmed. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Who is Hilaria?  I have missed the adoption of this nickname as I haven’t been following the Duggars lately. Now I’m back!  

Hilary Spivey is Justin's mother-in-law. We nicknamed her Hilaria after Alec Baldwin's batshit wife because they share similar attention-seeking behavior. Hilaria often acts like she has the hots for Jason. She is my favorite Duggar adjacent because she is crazy as hell in a very middle-aged mom sort of way. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

So the M kids get out and run to the road? A cop happens to drive by and charges Jana? There are tons of kids that are of babysitting age. Why Jana? I'm confused about this.

I wonder if this is a situation where the rest of the adults disappeared without telling Jana that she was in charge. The kids could have been told to listen to Jana, but Jana was otherwise occupied and didn’t realize she was the only adult with the kids. 

Edited by Stacey1014
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

The charge is from Elm Springs, though. I am not sure why they'd be in Elm Springs to be cited there. I saw some initial stuff that said it wasn't a Duggar kid who was on the loose, but I don't know that has ever been confirmed. 

I was wondering too but I saw it mentioned, I think on Duggar Data, that Elm Springs covers Tontitown.

• Useful 9
Just now, YupItsMe said:

I was wondering too but I saw it mentioned, I think on Duggar Data, that Elm Springs covers Tontitown.

Interesting! I've seen some pretty weird stuff with Arkansas zip codes and jurisdictions, so though I didn't know this, I can't say it's surprising. 

• Love 3

wow, very interested to hear the full story here with Jana!

I'm sure this is just going to further the Duggar's persecution complex. Like if the infraction is something minor (or something they consider minor, anyway), they can be like "see, They have it out for us!!!!". yikes. 

• Love 10

Holy crap. Sounds like she fell asleep while watching the kids for the umpteenth time and they snuck out.

I wonder who found them and how it escalated to her being charged.  If it was the M kids and Anna was out visiting their horrible father then I would say she is equally to blame.

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, Zella said:

Hilary Spivey is Justin's mother-in-law. We nicknamed her Hilaria after Alec Baldwin's batshit wife because they share similar attention-seeking behavior. Hilaria often acts like she has the hots for Jason. She is my favorite Duggar adjacent because she is crazy as hell in a very middle-aged mom sort of way. LOL

She is Jill R. with less make up.  Though she does look like  middle aged Nurie.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Now I understand why Amy hates these people. She mentioned they cover everything up and she was right. I think we will see a lot more things come out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I don't want to sound as if child endangerment is normal. It's not. It's serious. However I can recall a large handful of times where I heard stories from friends and neighbors about various mishaps - falling asleep - turning your head.. "I thought you were watching him. Oh I thought you were." 

I lost my 3 year old at a park once after talking to a friend for half a second. He bolted. It's terrifying.  My mother in law lost my son at a Chinese festival one year. If this is a similar case - or a case where Jana likely thought someone else was watching the kids (like 15 other available people) - then I can sympathize. 

15 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Now I understand why Amy hates these people. She mentioned they cover everything up and she was right. I think we will see a lot more things come out.

Possible but this Jana thing is likely something I would keep quiet about too. I don't fault Jana here. And Amy likely has a billion secrets of her own. Not excusing the Duggars but Amy is hardly the model in my opinion.

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Seems kind of ironic that Duggars are getting picked up for child endangerment now, when the ratio of adults to  minors has finally improved a bit. They started operating like a woefully understaffed, utterly non-compliant, totally uncertifiable daycare/grade school/high school combination three decades ago and have been at it nonstop ever since. 

Well, they've had lots of littles since Anna abandoned her kids to stay with Smuggar (who earned his name with that mugshot). We know Meech doesn't care. Jana and Hannie are probably splitting cooking and babysitting chores.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

WOACB says it was Maryella.

Whoa.  She was not even 2 in September.  I guess they don’t believe in childproofing?  
When my granddaughter was that age she did like to open doors.  My son and his wife immediately put in some safety measures.  Heck, my husband and I put chains on all of our doors and they only come to visit a few times a year.

• Love 10