Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

First, I cannot believe that any Duggar/adjacent household does not have numerous adults and/or older children to watch over the toddlers.

Two, I cannot imagine being 31 and the only paying job you can get is babysitter. 

Three, the police gave her a citation for this?  Folks around there must not like the Duggars. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Birth order dictates JD would be the next one to get into trouble, but I think the next J that could get into trouble will actually be Jed!

Dark horse could be Josiah. The scrubbing of the photos from IG could explain that if it's not related to Josh. 

I’d like to see JD face some charges from the scammy Medic Corps group. I bet they are writing all kinds of things off as “business expenses” that may not qualify. I wish they had all been charged in Haiti (?) when they strutted around with bogus badges and guns.

• Love 18
Just now, Zella said:

Just my hunch--not that my spidey senses have been great today--but I think there's more to it than just the kid pulling a runner. Kids all have their moments, but I think either the age of the kid, the distance traveled, the time missing, or Jana's response/whatever she was doing instead are possibly why she was charged. 

That’s possible. 

3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Warning: don't read to the end of the article. It has a description of one of the videos Josh downloaded.  I could have done without reading that part.

Those details are absolutely disturbing and disgusting, but I’m glad more of the public is being made aware of the sickening details. And hoping they are also disgusted by JB and Michelle.

• Love 7

Does anyone think the timing of this "leak" from WOACB is interesting? The day after the Josh trial.  Why did the release happen two months later? Seems convenient. Laura said "Amen" on Amy's post. Maybe the leak is retaliatory.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 4

Anyone can fall asleep.  No one stays up 24/7365.  How long had she been watching them?  What time was it?  Was that child supposed to be in bed taking a nap?  Was Jana drunk or high ( neither are likely).  Was the child hurt?  
Hopefully she gets off on supervision and a cleared record after a period of time.  
Because I  don’t consider Jana the person dangerous to children.  That’s Michelle  you know the one who laughs when her children get their heads stuck in stair spindles or films when they fall through trapdoors. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

That’s possible. 

I'm not sure I believe the initial reporting that Jana initially denied knowing the kid because it just sounds so stupid. But if it's true, I can see where that would take the cop's response from "This happens to everybody once" to "Your ass is getting booked." 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Now I understand why Amy hates these people. She mentioned they cover everything up and she was right. I think we will see a lot more things come out.

There are few things more maddening than watching people continually breaking laws and never being held accountable. I can understand the glee (maybe not the best word) that Amy and Deanna are probably feeling now. At last, consequences!

18 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

First, I cannot believe that any Duggar/adjacent household does not have numerous adults and/or older children to watch over the toddlers.

Two, I cannot imagine being 31 and the only paying job you can get is babysitter. 

Three, the police gave her a citation for this?  Folks around there must not like the Duggars. 

She really should start babysitting or nannying for some family that will pay her. Some parents pay very well.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I doubt Amy would have known about this. WOACB says she was tipped off last night. She FOIAed the documents and had them by midday.

Still, the timing. This happened three months ago but is just now being leaked - the day after the trial. Why?

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I know speculating is pointless but, is it maybe possible Anna shooed them out her door with a "Go see Aunt Jana!" and Mack and older boys lost Maryella along the way. Jana, still asleep at the TTH, had no idea she was on duty until police showed up saying hey, did you lose a 2 year old? At that point it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to say she didn't know, or didn't have a toddler, or wasn't babysitting.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, momma2seven said:

I know speculating is pointless but, is it maybe possible Anna shooed them out her door with a "Go see Aunt Jana!" and Mack and older boys lost Maryella along the way. Jana, still asleep at the TTH, had no idea she was on duty until police showed up saying hey, did you lose a 2 year old? At that point it wouldn't be unreasonable for her to say she didn't know, or didn't have a toddler, or wasn't babysitting.

In that case, Jana really fell on the sword for Anna, and Anna should totally be the one facing charges.

I'll put on my own speculation hat and wonder if maybe Jana turned the aunt-mom duties over to Jenni or Jordyn, or even sister-mom Mack, because after all Jana was sister-momming at that age and why shouldn't a tween/ young teen be able to handle however many small children? (sarcasm mode) And I really hope said aunt-mom or Mack isn't getting reamed out behind the scenes for getting Jana in trouble. Though that doesn't explain the alleged denial by Jana-- like, who does that? "No, I don't know that child" about their own niece??? Did she think the police officer would just say, "Oh, OK"? And that said child wouldn't then be taken into custody and open a much bigger can of worms?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, truebluesmoky said:

WOACB says it was Maryella.

So Jana must have been watching them at the warehouse encampment? A child Maryella's age would have had a very hard time making it to the road from all the way up at the TTH.

But the warehouse is right by the road......and apparently not childproofed, despite its burgeoning tot population? Would Jana have been spending nights there with the M kids too sometimes while Anna was over at the Rebers? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'm not sure I believe the initial reporting that Jana initially denied knowing the kid because it just sounds so stupid. But if it's true, I can see where that would take the cop's response from "This happens to everybody once" to "Your ass is getting booked." 

I'm wonder if this is a misinterpretation of Jana initially denying being in charge of the kids? Not "I don't know her," but "I wasn't the one watching her". Which doesn't really help her case if she was supposed to be watching them, of course 🤔

But maybe the house is so chaotic that she didn't actually realize she was supposed to be in charge of the M's and she didn't want to make Anna's life worse, since she'd be under more scrutiny at the moment

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ElsieEm said:

I'm wonder if this is a misinterpretation of Jana initially denying being in charge of the kids? Not "I don't know her," but "I wasn't the one watching her". Which doesn't really help her case if she was supposed to be watching them, of course 🤔

But maybe the house is so chaotic that she didn't actually realize she was supposed to be in charge of the M's and she didn't want to make Anna's life worse, since she'd be under more scrutiny at the moment

It's also possible that aspect of the information is just inaccurate. The initial rumors were that she denied knowing the kid and it wasn't a Duggar kid, and the last part is apparently not so. It's entirely possible that she didn't deny knowing the kid. But I do think there is something driving the charge, even if it's perhaps just the age of the child who got away and how far they traveled. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Years ago, my sister had the 3-year old daughter of a friend sleep over.  My sister had a 3-year old as well.  They had a great time playing together and the child seemed content to be there, but in the middle of the night the child came downstairs, dragged a chair to the back door, unlocked the doorknob lock and unlocked the other lock which was higher up, and walked 9 blocks across town to her house in the middle of the night.   We all cringed at what could have happened.

Of course, Maryella is younger, so she most likely couldn't unlock a door, but one of the other kids could have accidentally left the door open or something.  Poor Jana.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I wish he had used Derick and Jill’s statement instead.

I'm glad he used Jeremy's. The bit about the millstone sealed the deal. Smuggar is dead to them. Maybe Jason actually did tangle with Boob regarding Smuggar! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

I think there is more to the child endangerment story than we know. As you have all mentioned, it happens a lot that a child escapes from an adult, but there is no citation issued.  There was in this case.

The only time I know of a citation being issued was the mom was pulled over for drunk driving with her 3 year old in the back seat. She was hauled off to jail and the child was taken to Child Services.

I dont really feel bad for Jana. She doesnt have much else to do all day, she should have stayed awake.  But, I really do wish it was Michelle...

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

So what I'm getting is that even though pedo Josh was able to be home around the kids,

He's not been able to be home since he was bonded out of jail in early May after his April arrest. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I dont really feel bad for Jana. She doesnt have much else to do all day, she should have stayed awake.  But, I really do wish it was Michelle...

For all we know, Jana may have stayed up all night with a sick child (maybe one of Anna's if Anna was at the Reiber's) and she may have been dead tired the next day and nodded off.  I'll give her a pass until we get more information.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

So what I'm getting is that even though pedo Josh was able to be home around the kids, no one was really watching where the kids were, giving Josh any opportunity to be the sicko that he is. 

Those children need to see doctors.  

Pretty sure Josh wasn't allowed to be home. When he was out on bond, he HAD to say at the Rebers and Anna could visit him and he could see the kids with Anna's supervision - I assume AT the Rebers or some other neutral place (he couldn't come home bc that home has 100000 other kids on the property and the order prohibited contact w/ any kid that wasn't his). Though now that we see how Anna supervised -- yeah that's a problem whether it was at the Rebers, TTH, or in the warehouse. Like she probably gave him PLENTY of time with some of the kids bc she had her hands full with the youngest kids.

I do agree though - all 7 kids need to be seen by drs. - mental health drs but also non fundie/cult drs dealing with physical health. Yet I 100% do not see Anna allowing that sort of thing - drs asking questions about whether anyone has done anything down there or looking down there.

How are people getting all this specific info - like which kid bolted; what Jana said etc.? Who is reporting on this?

So I assume in addition to Jinger/Jill/Joy/Jessa, Jason and James are also opposed to Joshie. James hasn't said anything but he hangs out with the Dillards a lot and I think has an open mind relatively speaking -- i.e. he gets his father is full of $hit. Not to say Jana, JD, Joseph, Josiah aren't opposed but they pretty much can't say as they are fully reliant on JB for his money. I mean so are Jason and James as I can't imagine Jason owns his own company for real w/o JB's help but he's young enough with no family that he probably feels ok saying eff you to JB -- if JB kicks him out/takes his business, he'll figure something out; for all we know Jason and James feel like if it all falls apart on them, they'll go stay with Jill and figure something out - maybe Jill/Derek have expressly even offered that. They aren't nearly as beholden as their older siblings, nor do they have as much time left living in the TTH as the younger siblings. Interesting that Justin is the only one of that group siding with Joshie - I have a feeling Hiliaria being in his ear bc she doesn't want him to cut off HER "fame" by him cutting off HIS family has something to do with it.

I also assume Jason and James may feel some loyalty to Joy Anna here - they are only 2.5-3.5 years younger than her and she grew up a tomboy with the pack of brothers that are her age; she grew up with them in a way that Jill/Jinger/Jessa didn't.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

I find it hilarious that these people lost their child in the airport and didn't notice for at least a half an hour and all of it was filmed and aired on television and it was considered entertaining and now Jana was arrested for not properly watching her niece. So now it's a problem? There's a reason some of the kids are called the Lost Girls. This family has been losing children for over a decade.

It’s a problem when a 2 year old is in the road. I’m not sure they could have been charged with anything in the airport. 

• Love 4
Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

Mothers have done that for years. They stay awake, and sometimes go to work that way.

Right but JANA is not their mother. Their mother very likely was off effing Joshie and making the kids Aunt Jana's problem.

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I think there is more to the child endangerment story than we know. As you have all mentioned, it happens a lot that a child escapes from an adult, but there is no citation issued.  There was in this case.

The only time I know of a citation being issued was the mom was pulled over for drunk driving with her 3 year old in the back seat. She was hauled off to jail and the child was taken to Child Services.

I’ve heard of parents being cited and/or reported to CPS simply because their child under 10 was playing in a park a couple houses down. This was normal during my childhood. I once called CPS (as a social worker) to report a child had been touched sexually by another child. I was told that this was the mother’s fault for not being in the room with the kids all of the time.

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, cereality said:

Right but JANA is not their mother. Their mother very likely was off effing Joshie and making the kids Aunt Jana's problem.

It seems like Jana is every ones mother.  

How far away was MaryElla? feet? yards? blocks?

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, cereality said:

Pretty sure Josh wasn't allowed to be home. When he was out on bond, he HAD to say at the Rebers and Anna could visit him and he could see the kids with Anna's supervision - I assume AT the Rebers or some other neutral place (he couldn't come home bc that home has 100000 other kids on the property and the order prohibited contact w/ any kid that wasn't his). Though now that we see how Anna supervised -- yeah that's a problem whether it was at the Rebers, TTH, or in the warehouse. Like she probably gave him PLENTY of time with some of the kids bc she had her hands full with the youngest kids.

I do agree though - all 7 kids need to be seen by drs. - mental health drs but also non fundie/cult drs dealing with physical health. Yet I 100% do not see Anna allowing that sort of thing - drs asking questions about whether anyone has done anything down there or looking down there.

How are people getting all this specific info - like which kid bolted; what Jana said etc.? Who is reporting on this?

So I assume in addition to Jinger/Jill/Joy/Jessa, Jason and James are also opposed to Joshie. James hasn't said anything but he hangs out with the Dillards a lot and I think has an open mind relatively speaking -- i.e. he gets his father is full of $hit. Not to say Jana, JD, Joseph, Josiah aren't opposed but they pretty much can't say as they are fully reliant on JB for his money. I mean so are Jason and James as I can't imagine Jason owns his own company for real w/o JB's help but he's young enough with no family that he probably feels ok saying eff you to JB -- if JB kicks him out/takes his business, he'll figure something out; for all we know Jason and James feel like if it all falls apart on them, they'll go stay with Jill and figure something out - maybe Jill/Derek have expressly even offered that. They aren't nearly as beholden as their older siblings, nor do they have as much time left living in the TTH as the younger siblings. Interesting that Justin is the only one of that group siding with Joshie - I have a feeling Hiliaria being in his ear bc she doesn't want him to cut off her "fame" but cutting off his family has something to do with it.

I also assume Jason and James may feel some loyalty to Joy Anna here - they are only 2.5-3.5 years younger than her and she grew up a tomboy with the pack of brothers that are her age; she grew up with them in a way that Jill/Jinger/Jessa didn't.

I’m not convinced that Jessa and Joy still don’t think Josh was being persecuted for his religion. And I’m not sure Jinger has many thoughts about anything at all.

• Love 7

I'm not sure I believe that Jana fell asleep. It just sounds weird to me. With the house constantly full of people, I don't see her or any other female adult being one for naps. 

If it's true that a small child wondered off onto a road and that Jana claimed to have fallen asleep, I think that was an excuse to make it sound less irresponsible. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

It seems like Jana is every ones mother.  

How far away was MaryElla? feet? yards? blocks?

Apparently on a road that runs parallel to their property - so not on the main road right out front but one road away from that. For a 2 year old that's FAR - they're short enough that cars may not see them; they just dart across the road not even sensing they should look for cars etc.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

He's not been able to be home since he was bonded out of jail in early May after his April arrest. 

But he was still allowed to see them as long as Anna was around, whether at his home or where he's staying. 
"Though the judge noted that she "cannot in good conscience" release Duggar to his pregnant wife Anna and their children, she granted him "unlimited contact" with the kids, so long as Anna is present."

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, cereality said:

Apparently on a road that runs parallel to their property - so not on the main road right out front but one road away from that. For a 2 year old that's FAR - they're short enough that cars may not see them; they just dart across the road not even sensing they should look for cars etc.

It's so disturbing that, allegedly, no one noticed she was gone until someone else noticed her on the road. That is a long time to lose track of a toddler. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

That is a long time to lose track of a toddler. 

Yes, it is. That must have taken a long time for those little legs to get her there.

And there are always several people in that house,,no one noticed?

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

But he was still allowed to see them as long as Anna was around, whether at his home or where he's staying. 

There were too many other kids running around the TTH and Josh was only allowed to be around his own kids.

Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

Yes, it is. That must have taken a long time for those little legs to get her there.

Maybe she was trying to escape her shit show of a family. 

• Love 8