Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

If this were any other couple, I’d say Josiah was in danger of getting his heart broken again. But there’s no way they’d allow him to announce another courtship unless he were already engaged.  Two failed courtships when there’s already been speculation about why he’s been to Alert so many times would be a disaster.

That being said, this makes me sad for him.  They both seem to be going through the motions and saying the things they’re supposed to say (she even mumbled “the Lord” to him when he got too wordy).  I hope they really like each other but they seem so stilted and formal.  Josiah used to have such a spark, he deserves better than an arranged marriage of compliance. 

Marjorie is going to forever be the one who got away.  I believe HE chose her and she chose him.  If they are normal teenagers from normal families, they could very well still be dating but he’s a Duggar and homegirl saw the baggage from a mile away. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2018 at 5:27 AM, MichaelaRae said:

Is Si the one who started crying and got the Jim Boob strong arm when Michelle announced her pregnancy with Jubilee? Or was that one of the twins? Or was it Jason (there's a Jason???)

No that was Josiah. 

I too had hopes of Josiah going mainstream with his good buddy Joy, but Joy got offered the D of Austin (who she had been jonesing over for a while) and that ended any hopes of breaking away. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 2

I feel nothing but sadness. Sorry, Si. I hope it's an elaborate scheme by Lauren to get him away from his family, write a tell all, make a little money, and come out of the closet.

He's really morphed into Josh. it's freaky.

I hope Jim Bob realizes this one-tick pony of marriage can't last forever.

• Love 2

I wonder to what extent the marriages are motivated by "this is the only way I can stop living in the TTH with my parents and those other six dozen people"? 

I would think that would be a strong, although possibly somewhat-less-than-conscious, motivation. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Swan Song: starring Josiah and Lauren

(Am I the only one who super imposes Lauren Swanson into Lawson? Thinking for a half a second that Si is courting Lawson?)

Si probably would prefer it . 

• Love 2

awed by their pudge and their mid 40s looks at age 22, but then when said fundie girls tell their daddies that maybe God is laying it on their heart to that daddy should seek out JB Duggar for a Duggar boy – I think a lot of daddies put a kibosh on it bc they’re thinking – IDK what the hell is happening in that man’s homes when a son is molesting the daughters, cheating on the wife etc.; maybe it’s just that son but I don’t want to take that chance with my daughter after all it’s not like she’s Tabby Paine yet and has to just marry anyone.

I love that 'awed by their pudge and mid-40's looks'!  Funny stuff.

Is there a reason for Si being sent to Alert more than once?  Wanking, perhaps?  Or showing attention to the 'wrong' sort?  Hmmm.

13 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Josiah gives me the creeps. I can’t quite figure out why. He just seems like the type who would express his affection for a girl by leaving a dead mouse on her doorstep because that’s what cats do and he once heard that girls love cats.

Sigh. All these girls are so young. It’s not hard to figure out why; a grown woman with actual life experience or ambition would run screaming from a Duggar boy just like Marjorie did. They have nothing to offer except life under JimBob’s thumb and an occasional appearance on “Counting On.”  Of course, life experience and ambition don’t seem like strong points of the fundie set, so maybe their age doesn’t matter as much as I thought. 

He does give me the creeps.  Always has.  He was always a sanctimonious, condescending turd.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

He does give me the creeps.  Always has.  He was always a sanctimonious, condescending turd.

Are you talking about Josiah or Josh and JB? Ooops!!! I forgot to add Derick. Sorry everyone!

Edited by bigskygirl
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder to what extent the marriages are motivated by "this is the only way I can stop living in the TTH with my parents and those other six dozen people"? 

I would think that would be a strong, although possibly somewhat-less-than-conscious, motivation. 

You forgot "and have 'legal' orgasms."

• Love 2
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Yeah, she is getting kneecapped on tv, too.

I see five others liked your post so I rest assured knowing I'm not the only one going to hell for laughing hysterically at that.

eta: I finally watched the announcement video and all I have to say is I think Trump and Pelosi would make a more believable romantic couple than these two. There is absolutely no chemistry between Si and Lauren whatsoever. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Except Lauren isn't nearly as fake. 

Yet I have no problem imagining a Duggar bride rolling on the floor, clutching a random body part, cry-whining, "whhhyyyy? Whhhhhhyyyy?" like Nancy. Emotionally Gillolloolied, at least. 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, GeeGolly said:

What college does Marjorie go to with #alltheengagements? I'm guessing she still runs in Fundy circles since the trend to marry these days is closer to 30 than 20.

I lived in the Seattle area for 25 years and have now lived in the Midwest for 20. Younger marriages seem more common in the Midwest.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Ew the beard!!! It's like he rolled out of bed to take that picture. Dude, get a haircut, take a shower, and shave. You knew this was coming. Act like you give a shit. Oh...wait..........

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, Mollie said:

Lauren said that she didn't have a clue that Josiah was ready to start a courtship with her.  That sounds to me like they hardly know each other and that she has no attraction to him at all.  How could she be totally surprised to learn that he was that interested in her?  This is way too weird.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/josiah-duggar-is-courting/?sf180019055=1

That's what I thought. Or, he just came in from mowing the lawn. Not a great look for the "we're courting" vid and photo.

18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Swan Song: starring Josiah and Lauren

(Am I the only one who super imposes Lauren Swanson into Lawson? Thinking for a half a second that Si is courting Lawson?)

Lawsiah!!

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I could never stand her either. I grew up in Boston and was always afraid to admit I was a closet Tonya fan. 

I got tired of people pretending Nancy was the perfect beauty queen from a perfect (read: wealthy) family. She's as blue collar as Tonya, but Nancy allowed people to give her class (and capped teeth) when Tonya wouldn't or couldn't. Tonya also came from an abusive family. 

Back on topic: I like "Josiah and Lauren: Marjorie Who?" 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I got tired of people pretending Nancy was the perfect beauty queen from a perfect (read: wealthy) family. She's as blue collar as Tonya, but Nancy allowed people to give her class (and capped teeth) when Tonya wouldn't or couldn't. Tonya also came from an abusive family. 

Back on topic: I like "Josiah and Lauren: Marjorie Who?" 

Gillooly has more class than the Duggars. Dude brought so much shame on himself and his family, that he had to change his name if he ever wanted another job or a date.

I hope these kids end up happy. They’ve been shoehorned into this arrangement.

• Love 1

Josiah surprised her publicly at a girls night out to ask her to court.  And she was completely surprised.  It is really looking like Josiah is just checking a box for his next journey and it doesn't matter who he's with.  Very sad.  

• Love 1

I see it this way..almost ANYONE would cause Josiah's pants to be 'tight'. These children and adults of Jim Bob and Michelle have been attention AND affection starved their whole lives. How warm and affectionate is a 3-second side hug from your parents? Don't forget the 'scheduled appointments' for one on one time with them too.  

I find it rather ridiculous that these girls of courting age, who have witnessed the courting rituals and schedules all of their lives don't recognize that spending ANY time with age appropriate opposite sex type person is a prelude to courting. When courting, it's engagement, marriage and babies all within the year. These girls are bluffing when they say how 'blown away' or 'surprised' OR even "I didn't expect it". Of course, they did. It's how they live their pathetic, restrictive lives.

• Love 6

If a girl isn’t expecting it, what does that say about their communication? Or is it the where/when that was the surprise?

Perhaps the surprise was that he came up behind her? I still can’t get over those words !!

• Love 2

Is "I was so surprised" some kind of required talking point among this set? Some kind of ritual vocalization required by the patriarchal/quiverfull-and-near-quiverfull/Gothardy devout?

It doesn't make any sense to me. But maybe they're encouraged to say/feel/think this because everybody knows that it's the only surprise they'll ever get in their lives that's at least pseudo-fun/pleasant/exciting? After this, all the surprises will be crap. And there won't even be many of those. 

Seriously. As @floridamom said, obviously they know that being on the same side of a room with an unrelated male of eligible age more than half a dozen times means he's going to propose "courting" to you. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Is "I was so surprised" some kind of required talking point among this set? Some kind of ritual vocalization required by the patriarchal/quiverfull-and-near-quiverfull/Gothardy devout?

As one who seriously considered getting into this myself and obsessively read everything I could find on the internet about it, I can say that yes, this is a pseudo-requirement. Young women are supposed to be “asleep” when it comes to romantic love. They’re supposed to be going about their business joyfully serving God and their families with no thoughts of love until suddenly a young man (who has chosen her based on his observation of her godly character) surprises her by asking to court her. 

Now, some of that has fallen by the wayside obviously, but the whole “I was so surprised” remains.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Abstract said:

As one who seriously considered getting into this myself and obsessively read everything I could find on the internet about it, I can say that yes, this is a pseudo-requirement. Young women are supposed to be “asleep” when it comes to romantic love. They’re supposed to be going about their business joyfully serving God and their families with no thoughts of love until suddenly a young man (who has chosen her based on his observation of her godly character) surprises her by asking to court her. 

Now, some of that has fallen by the wayside obviously, but the whole “I was so surprised” remains.

Thanks! I have long wondered whether this was true. Really appreciate your sharing this. Great explanation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Her parents probably hinted to her that a courtship was coming and she was genuinely shocked because it wasn't the brother she wanted. 

HAHA, lonely fundy girls getting catfished by the twins and then find out they aren't in the queue yet.. but they have some old inventory (JD) or a slightly used floor model. 

• Love 17