Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Pedro may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I think he is just the cutest. He has the biggest, brightest smile and seems like such a sweet cuddly guy. When Chantel drives him away as she inevitably will with her whining and her demands, he will not lack for female companionship.

• Love 10
(edited)

I would have had a fit if my husband (American or no) purchased a $2000 gaming system while we were so strapped for cash.  Pedro mentioned that "he working now" what does he do?  Does he/is he allowed to drive?  Did he get his green card?

Honestly shocked that Chantal was shocked that his credit is not good.  I bet the apartment lease does not have his name on it.  It's a shame how important the ring had become, I get it but in difficult circumstances the ring would be the last thing to spend money on let alone finance.

They are having a second wedding in the Dominican Republic, there are expenses that come along with that, did I hear that Pedro Baybee's mother paid for her wedding dress?  How? I thought Pedro Baybee was sending much needed money home to his family and I also thought he said Madre was an attorney in the DR so where is that income? Financing a ring they can do but have money for real life important things, not so much.  I bet Mother Chantal of the Little Hats has paid for their airline tickets and probably chips in for the rent. 

Side note, my son (who is guilty of getting me in to this show) and I were doing our best Pedro and Chantal Baybee impressions the other day, his fiancé just looked at us like we were nuts and I realized how easy Chantal is to imitate, don't move your face while you talk and speak in a monotone voice and add baybee on the end of every sentence.

It's enough that I have to see Danielle on my screen now I have to see her friend? 

Every time they show Anfisa they state her age as 20...isn't this the second year she has been on this show, shouldn't she be at least 22 by now?  Jorge's sister was rude but I kinda liked it.  Why can't Jorge tell Anfisa he has a business meeting but meet his sister for lunch or video chat with her, doesn't he leave the apartment?

How stupid does production think we are, Russ and Pao find an affordable, fully furnished (with nice furniture) house in South Florida...I think they have confused an Airbnb with actual rental properties.  I also think Pao thinks she has a career because she is on TV.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Every time they show Anfisa they state her age as 20...isn't this the second year she has been on this show, shouldn't she be at least 22 by now?

I had been thinking that as well, about all of them. It seems not one of their ages has changed since their stories first aired. I wish that happened to me throughout the years...

• Love 6
17 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Stockholm Syndrome.

Or, as Loren would say, Stockholm Syndrum. I've decided to try her approach the next time I have to do something I don't feel like doing. I'll squeeze out some tears, clench my jaws and blabber "It's too hard, it's too hard, it's too hard!" as I run out of the room. I really didn't feel like making dinner last night. Should have tried it then.

Run, Russ, run! Now we know Pao is a nasty drunk as well as a self centered bitch. I was really hoping she'd fall on her puta ass when she was staggering down the sidewalk.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Stockholm Syndrome.

Thank you! I was stuck on Oslo something.

Jorge should probably get some professional mental health to find out why he would put himself in this sort of relationship and accept living this way despite all of the opportunities he had to send Anfisa back to the Ukraine. 

If I hear someone say they, "left everything to be with you" again, I will scream.  Obviously you wanted to get out of what ever country you were living because the standard of living is better in the US so enough with that selfless proclamation we all know to be utter BS.  I especially hate it when they get pissy about wanting to move back to their place of birth because they miss their family...does no one think past the honeymoon phase?

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Thank you! I was stuck on Oslo something.

Jorge should probably get some professional mental health to find out why he would put himself in this sort of relationship and accept living this way despite all of the opportunities he had to send Anfisa back to the Ukraine. 

If I hear someone say they, "left everything to be with you" again, I will scream.  Obviously you wanted to get out of what ever country you were living because the standard of living is better in the US so enough with that selfless proclamation we all know to be utter BS.  I especially hate it when they get pissy about wanting to move back to their place of birth because they miss their family...does no one think past the honeymoon phase?

So much this! I was cheering Russ on when he said to Paola that she chose of her own volition to leave Colombia. I'm hoping most all of these couples get divorced.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This! And the thing that Pao does that really gets up my ass is in her talking heads, when she puts on a sad face and says "I just don't know if this can work", after she catalogues all Russ's failings  <snip>

And then film the commercial promos for the show with a different song and dance routine. What a horrible person,  but Russ loves her.

15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I cracked up when his sister said how Jorge was working his butt off for Anfisa; um, no. 

I cracked up, too, because I saw that butt. It is not being worked off, quite the opposite! 

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

I don't even know how you spend $2K on a gaming system. 

I have a child - it's easy. Cheap game console 399.99,  plus headphones 99.99, games 70.00 each, band bundle 200.00, internet monthly fees, a tv to play it on, etc. It adds up. If you're doing computer based gaming, the base computer can be around 1,500.00 easily. It would have been less expensive to have just had another kid.

22 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I get that this is all producer-driven,  I really do, but why is it anyone's business that any future child of Alexi and Loren "may" have Tourette's?

Because Loren is now a paid "ambassador" of that Tourette's organization. We will always hear about the disorder in all her scenes. "I got a flat tire today but I was able to change it even though I have Tourette's."  They most likely have a whole preconception genetic testing arc planned for next season. 

• Love 9
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:51 PM, Swim mom said:

I was a bit shocked at Lourdes. If I were in her situation, I'd make nice so I could spend time with my brother. On reflection,  if the three of them had taken a bit of care in the way they handled Anfisa, they might have been seeing their brother these past few months.

I'm thinking they don't really want to see his dumb ass.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lovesnark said:

It's too hard, it's too hard, it's too hard!" as I run out of the room. I really didn't feel like making dinner last night. 

I did this last night and DH poured me a glass of wine! Progress!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I have a child - it's easy. Cheap game console 399.99,  plus headphones 99.99, games 70.00 each, band bundle 200.00, internet monthly fees, a tv to play it on, etc. It adds up. If you're doing computer based gaming, the base computer can be around 1,500.00 easily. It would have been less expensive to have just had another kid.

As someone who did (have another kid) I would now elect for the console. JK, jk, almost. 

• Love 5
(edited)

How on earth is Tourette's (which I doubt she has) such all all-fired big deal? It's an extremely minor condition. Since Loren is obviously repulsive and unacceptable to Alexei, why doesn't he just dump her right now? Oh...yeah...that green card thing...

Edited by orangeiguana
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I cracked up, too, because I saw that butt. It is not being worked off, quite the opposite! 

If anyone is working their butt off, it's Anfisa. I mean, old Jorge does seem to be getting some.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:
17 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My Latino husband and our male tuxedo cat both get called "Mi Amor" by me.

I admit I use terms of endearment with my dog.  :)

• Love 2

I don't understand why Loren would fake having Tourette's. Plus, people were noticing and speculating on her tics in the first season, which is why she chose to reveal it. She hadn't originally planned to. 

Alexei seems like one of the last spouses on this show to be in this for a green card. I think he'd be much happier in Israel and is only here because his wife always gets her way. 

• Love 4

Doesn't Lourdes realize that NO woman is going to "spread her legs" (as she is so fond of saying-classy!) for her dumb oaf of a brother unless there is some kind of financial incentive involved? 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Tourette's is variable condition but by no means 'extremely minor' - for some, it is debilitating.

Agreed! Remember that True Life  "I Have Tourette's" episode? That poor girl was severely afflicted. It was heartbreaking.

• Love 3

Alexei and Loren struggle with a big decision; Chantel and Pedro reach their breaking point; Danielle realizes a hard truth; Mohamed prepares for the trial; Jorge and Anfisa adjust to life without each other; Russ and Pao both get lucrative offers.

Russ and Pao are at odds once again; Anfisa reveals a shocking secret, but Jorge hopes a grand gesture will win her back; Chantel and Pedro's situation worsens; Mohamed learns what Danielle has been up to, though she fears the worst in court.

I loved the massive shade Loren's mom was throwing when she met up with them and Alexei's mom. "I'm happy to meet with them because I don't get...invited...to everything."

That was some expert level subtle guilt tripping that I'm certain Loren got when she saw the episode.

• Love 8

I dont know what it is about Russ, but he gets more and more attractive every episode. Maybe it's because his personality is so starkly contrasted with Paola. He is so patient and loving with her, while it is obvious that his pride is being tested by her. Russ is not the kind of guy who would be cool with his wife having a gossipy, rude gay male BFF, he does not seem comfortable to hang out with flamboyant gay guys period, and that's just who he is and he shouldnt have to try to change himself to be like that. It is so obvious that Paola and Russ are not right for each other and I definitely think it was lust for her that drew him and the blonde gringo factor that drew her - they had both found something exotic in each other. But Russ would be so much better off with a more down to earth Oklahoma girl, since it appears that this is what he wants and he shouldnt have to change Paola. She should find herself a slick Latin Miami guy and live out her modeling dreams in South FL. 

• Love 12

God help any man that asks me to buy his fully capable mother a laptop. He better be running away before he even finishes that sentence.

Having said that, Chantel either needs to put her foot down and refuse to contribute her own money to this, or stop bitching and moaning about it. She didn't know before and that's Pedro's fault for not explaining in advance, but now that bridge is crossed and she needs to make a choice.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, Kid said:

I would be sending Pedro back to his mother.  Him and his entire family are users.

Yea totally!!! First question out of his family's mouth is where is the tv. Like really that's the first thing you ask your son? Wow. 

• Love 18
(edited)

Pedro hides things from Chantel, Chantel hides things from Pedro (and her family).  What could go wrong?  Sounds like they deserve each other.

i wish I had as much money as they have.  TVs, $5k ring, laptop, sending money every month to Pedro's mom, wedding in the DR.  Dang, those kids are rich!

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 13

OK, both Family Pedro and Family Chantel are horrible people. Family Chantel does act like dumb Americans, were they really that offended they were given chicken feet?  You're in another country, you should expect to eat food that you don't normally eat. At least try it.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Kid said:

Danielle is out of control.  Her brother-in-law was absolutely right about her when he said if Mohammed walked in there and said he wanted her back, she would mow them down to get to him.

She is electronically stalking him and his friends.

Omg yes! And Mo could totally use that in his court hearing to show harassment and stalking.  He is no peach by any means but she is way worse. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't care if they get divorced or get an annulment, but why should Mo get to stay in the US? So you come over in some bogus manner in a fake marriage and you get to stay ? But Alex's brother has to wait 13 years to be with his family? Something is wrong with this picture.

I am not saying its right but thats how it is. It sucks but nothing we can do about it. Omg my husband just goes have Alex's brother marry Danielle and there is the loophole to get him over quicker!  

• Love 16

So Pedro's mother thought Chantel's family was dumb and mentally ill. Now, there is no doubt. So you don't stay for dinner, you are insulted by what they serve you and you think they will put you under a voodoo spell because they cook in a big pot outside?  Seriously?  I'm embarrassed by them. 

My family would be insulted by being fed hot dogs and chips...they would never say anything but would think it. 

• Love 21

Chantel and her family need to just go home and leave him there.  His responsibility to his mother but absolutely no responsibility to his wife. Time to cut him loose. Then he doesn't have to worry about being away from his family anymore for one year and one month.

• Love 19

Re Loren and Alexi, can't believe that at some point, no one investigated how long it might take Artem to legally immigrate to the U.S. Are we on PTV that much smarter than these people?

• Love 4