Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Return of the Berzerkshires

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

On WWHL audience voted Lu the biggest liar. I was kind of surprised. 

But that's always been Lu's claim to fame, even before Pirate Gate, which just confirmed to the audience what the other gals had been saying about her all along. They have always said that Lu is a big fat liar. That she lived a very different life than the one she presented on TV, and had a very different persona away from the camera. Then came the Pirate, and later the deal with acting like she had been upset with Carole for a whole season about Adam when she actually hadn't been, and then the deal with Tom. Who knows what to believe? She says she would cut his balls off if he ever cheated again, but her friends are saying she knows he cheats and is willing to look the other way. So what to believe? Even folks who like her and defend her don't know what is really the truth. Is she all in for an open type of a marriage (which many folks believe and think the topic should be dropped because she is all cool - not uncool - about it). Or is she actually very interested in monogamy and doesn't want that type of arrangement? Nobody knows because she has lied so many times in the past. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The pirate alone wins her this prize.  But I think I'm not alone in thinking the whole, I got the ring, I got the yacht, I got the penthouse is one big fat lie and her pants are going to combust at any moment.

Wait didn't they in fact get married?

• Love 6

Wait didn't they in fact get married?

Prenup says she didn't get shit and neither did he.  Everyone on UES says marriage in name only.  But she's used to that it's what she had with the Count.  Except that's not true.  But she's so happy she could just puke.  And she did puke so that part might be true.  Meh, I'm just waiting for her spin on the coming Regency shenanigans.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I thought it was funny that Ramona shut her down so quickly.  Apparently she's tired of Carole making everything about Trump.  

This is where my sympathy for Adam comes in.  At Carole's election party he said something about being relieved once it was over so that Carole could stop talking about it.  Can you imagine (and I can) if during every conversation, Carole turned it back to Trump?

Adam:  "Look at my latest Sexy Salad creation!" 

Carole:  "Oh, don't say 'salad'.  You just know 45 likes 'em tossed." 

Adam, rubbing one of the kitties' heads:  "We've got to come up with some real names for these sweet little pussy cats."

Carole:  "DON'T SAY 'PUSSY' ever again.  Or you're out of here."

Adam, sensing an opportunity:  "Pussy." 

Starts looking for new apartment.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh man, where's it from??  Girl do I wanna know? Was this baby hurt or something?

I was defining information as him being a confirmed cheat.  I don't think any of us knew it then. 

But how did they out Lu?  The person they're outing is Tom.  If Lu looks silly for continuing to deal with him, that's not on them, it's on her.

I forgot to add that Dorinda would run screaming from my house.  Jersey winters?  Nah man that thing has to be at 74 to start with and if you don't like it you're free to kick rocks in the snow.

When I lived in the US (the South, to be specific), I kept my house around 74 during the winters and was still under a blanket. I live in the Middle East now so winters are just where I turn the a/c off.  LOL. 

18 hours ago, sekay87 said:

I am with others who believe that Lu entered in to this relationship, her engagement, and her marriage with eyes wide open. She knows who Tom is and what he does. I just think that she has her bases covered and genuinely does not care. At this point, she wants the companionship and to be with someone like-minded. If he can still give her what he needs while stepping out with other women, then she's going to be okay with it. What baffles me is why the other women harp on it so much. I don't even think it is really out of jealousy. I just think that they don't understand Lu and why she doesn't clutch her pearls and walk away once she finds out about cheating.

Bottom line: Everyone has different deal breakers in their relationships, and some people are not hell bent on having monogamy. Lu will never acknowledge that she doesn't care about monogamy because she knows the viewers will rip her to shreds for having an unconventional view on things, but in her first marriage, her relationship with Jacques, and now her marriage to Tom, I don't think monogamy has ever been there. The other women need to just let it go because I'm tired of hearing about it.

THIS.  They don't understand Lu's marriage.  Great!  Who cares!  I hate all the judgment over Lu's marriage.  It is HER marriage and has absolutely no impact on anyone else. I get crap about my marriage because my husband travels all the time and it drives me nuts. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

That tour of Dorinda house was interesting. I, too, love globes. They're not cheap, though.That one she almost dropped must have cost a fortune. I have never seen walls with such shiny high gloss paint on them like that, though. Not sure I like that. 

It looks like high gloss paint which is just weird.  I have never heard of that being recommended for walls.  Trim, sure. But walls?  Never!  I used eggshell on my old house because of kids and I thought that was sometimes a bit too shiny. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How did Tom get the nickname Promiscuous Chicken?

Dusting Dorinda's Berkshires home must be a bitch. 

I think the only time Lu cooked was when she offered everyone eggs francaises. 

On WWHL audience voted Lu the biggest liar. I was kind of surprised. 

I would think Sonja would win that honor hands down.  Her many misrepresentations about Madonna being at her fashion show, John-John, P Diddy are just total fabrications.

• Love 12
Just now, diadochokinesis said:

It looks like high gloss paint which is just weird.  I have never heard of that being recommended for walls.  Trim, sure. But walls?  Never!  I used eggshell on my old house because of kids and I thought that was sometimes a bit too shiny. 

The problem with high gloss paint is, unless your walls are perfectly smooth, every ripple shows.  And Dorinda's are showin'.  In addition, if she ever wants to re-paint (and she needs to) it costs a small fortune because the walls have to be sanded lightly in order for the new paint to adhere AND if it's glossy and a dark color, good luck covering it without primer, primer, primer and even more paint. I know because husband's first house had a glossy forest green dining room.  Thank god it was about 10x10.  But Dorinda's got the bucks to make the change if she desires.  But I think the shabby chic/eclectic look is what she's going for so there's that. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ryebread said:

The problem with high gloss paint is, unless your walls are perfectly smooth, every ripple shows.  And Dorinda's are showin'.  In addition, if she ever wants to re-paint (and she needs to) it costs a small fortune because the walls have to be sanded lightly in order for the new paint to adhere AND if it's glossy and a dark color, good luck covering it without primer, primer, primer and even more paint. I know because husband's first house had a glossy forest green dining room.  Thank god it was about 10x10.  But Dorinda's got the bucks to make the change if she desires.  But I think the shabby chic/eclectic look is what she's going for so there's that. 

I LOVE shabby chic, but not Dorinda's version.  ???

There are no swordfish in my shabby chic world.  ?

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I LOVE shabby chic, but not Dorinda's version.  ???

There are no swordfish in my shabby chic world.  ?

Agree!  No swordfish, nor stuffed peacocks!  Another odd detail about Do's house is, it looks like the kitchen has been recently-ish renovated.  Newer finishes, colors, updated tiles.  But then she's got this square, 1970's silver clock hanging randomly on the wall.  I think that's the eclectic part. LOL

• Love 2
13 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Well, LuAnn has been demoted once already.  Career wise, Ramona, Bethenny, Dorinda, Carole have been way more successful than LuAnn.  Ramona, Bethenny, Dorinda certainly have nice homes.

If the show centered around LuAnn, it means that she will have air her dirty laundry - like her daughter's arrest for DUI.  It would also mean that Tom would have to address all the cheating allegations - on camera - which he has avoided doing so far.

Before they started filming this season, Luanne would throw out little hints of the possibility of Bravo filming her upcoming nuptials. Plus she would hint at who would be invited as in the housewives.  She got lots of interviews she normally would not have had due to Bravo and the cheating scandal.

Luann used the wedding as a negotiation tactic with her contract. When Bravo did not agree to any of her terms, she sold out to People for a paltry amount. It is understandable that Luanne just did not want the drama or a HW circus for her wedding. At the same time, she pissed Bravo off and you can tell by the way they are editing her this season.

Her punishment can easily be being demoted to a friend of next season just as they did Kim Richards on BH. The other women on the show can still talk about her and Tom which they continually will if there are any more Promiscuous Chicken acts. Luanne will settle for the friend of role as all of her business ventures are tied to her persona on the RH franchise. All of the products Luanne has hocked have to do with being the once wife of the Count and none of these existed prior to RH. I forgot about Victoria's DUI in March...the ladies will bring that up next season.

• Love 5

One more detail that I loved about this episode and it was a tiny one, was the quickest glance of the Cartier building decked out with the big red bow. 

Ain't NOTHIN' like 5th Avenue during the holidays. 

cartier.gif

• Love 14

Dorinda fascinates me. Her Blue Stone Manor is not my preferred style, but I love that every inch of it is 100% Dorinda!! I could watch the entire episode of Dorinda doing Her!! She has a generous hospitality about her- she would be a great Bed and Breakfast host. 

Carol being pals with Adam's parents was everything!!! They are so obviously her contemporaries! If Adam were my son I don't think I could be so accepting of a woman MY age dating him. And I do have sons, aged 21,24, and 28. Adam needs to do some soul searching about what he really wants in his life. His relationship with Carole seems easy and comfortable but not the stuff that lifelong soul mates are made of. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

So, remind me again why this is necessary if she's ok with his behavior?

Lmaoooooo!!  Wow, you really hate Grey Gardens.

mindrewind:  You don't send your girlfriend flowers at someone else's house Dennis.  Ru'de.

I find it funny Luann kept Tom on a tight leash. Per Dorinda, Tom is like a 2 year old, go here, go there, go to sleep. Yet on this tight leash, Tom still managed to sneak out of their apartment to go to the Regency and play.

Can you see yourself at Grey Gardens? Would you drink from a glass that was possibly next to the purple sex toy? You want rusty ice for that glass? You want to eat something that comes out of the invisible toaster oven? Remember when Kristen walked on the carpet and a piece crumbled off? She has more divots than a golf course. I would be afraid of falling through the rotted wood and landing in the creepy basement. When you close your eyes to go to sleep, that isn't the pitter patter of the dogs - them thar is vermin! Nope can't do it.

• Love 11

Can you see yourself at Grey Gardens? Would you drink from a glass that was possibly next to the purple sex toy? You want rusty ice for that glass? You want to eat something that comes out of the invisible toaster oven? Remember when Kristen walked on the carpet and a piece crumbled off? She has more divots than a golf course. I would be afraid of falling through the rotted wood and landing in the creepy basement. When you close your eyes to go to sleep, that isn't the pitter patter of the dogs - them thar is vermin! Nope can't do it.

I wonder if part of Sonja's hesitancy to sell it is also finding someone willing to put in all the work into taking care of all the problems that house now has. That place could almost be called a fixer-upper.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Prenup says she didn't get shit and neither did he.  Everyone on UES says marriage in name only.  But she's used to that it's what she had with the Count.  Except that's not true.  But she's so happy she could just puke.  And she did puke so that part might be true.  Meh, I'm just waiting for her spin on the coming Regency shenanigans.

I would think that any pre-nup would protect both parties. Luann brings a pretty nice portfolio of assets into the marriage.  My guess is she wants to protect her assets to pass down to her children.   I get dizzy reading all that contradictions about Tom.  He is rich, he is not, is homes are just a step above subsidized housing,  Luann's in the marriage for the penthouse and the Florida home. 

I am curious, because I only know a couple of people on the UES, and not a one of them knows or cares about Tom, Luann or the RHONY in general, so I need to ask, why would Luann get married in name only?  Her marriage to the Count certainly dissolved from the early years, but from her special and the archived photos and tapes, Luann and the Count seemed very into each other.

I see Luann differently than a lot of people.  I do believe she set her mind to finding someone to partner with and as luck would have it she and Tom found each other.  She seemed to do the same thing with Jacques once she admitted her marriage was over and they seemed to enjoy each other until they didn't.  I don't believe she is faking the happiness, anymore than she was faking the heartbreak when she saw the photos of Tom at The Regency.  I think Luann is probably pretty high maintenance and is not really much of a home body.  Kids are gone time to live it up.  I don't see her sitting around while Tom is out on the town catting around. 

It seems strange to me the others feel they know Luann's happiness more than she does.  To me it just seems they don't really want to see Luann attain her goals.   Luann has made it quite clear she enjoys the companionship with Tom, she didn't rattle off a list of virtues regarding character, she likes spending time with him and his lips.  At this point I am sure the rumors, because as often is the case with unsubstantiated gossip, there has been probably been so much and some of it utterly absurd it doesn't register and as a couple they choose to spend their time together having fun instead of battling rumors. .  I can see in a relationship not wanting to give the time of day to every rumor that comes down the pike.  Obviously, Tom has been advised by acquaintances that Ramona has been snooping around and of course Ramona snooping around talking to Tom's old girlfriend would trigger conversation between Tom and the old girlfriend.  So there is a little bit of a skewing of what is going on. 

Is there a new Regency story out there?   

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I find it funny Luann kept Tom on a tight leash. Per Dorinda, Tom is like a 2 year old, go here, go there, go to sleep. Yet on this tight leash, Tom still managed to sneak out of their apartment to go to the Regency and play.

I believe Dorinda but I think that's Lu's policy since the Regency.  She is pretty easygoing, I have a hard time picturing her shadowing him before. 

32 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Girl you asked this of the wrong person.  I'm a combination real estate and history heaux.  Like, my number one vacation fave thing is touring area estates and former plantations.   We went to NOLA in March and WilderBoyfriend was sick. to. death. of. back stairways. Lol.   As far as Grey Gardens, chile, I'd run up in that piece, quitclaim deed Sonja's ass and call Nate Burkus to see if we could turn that mutha out.    She? is nasty, I wouldn't eat nor stay, but the potential of that house would get me to go in there.  With a CDC face mask.  

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I wonder if part of Sonja's hesitancy to sell it is also finding someone willing to put in all the work into taking care of all the problems that house now has. That place could almost be called a fixer-upper.

The only pro Sonya has in selling is the zip code. The place needs to be be gutted down to the joists. Then everything has to be replaced, plumbing, wiring, gas. She has been able to keep it so far because of Quincy that but train is about to leave the station for good. I feel bad for Sonja as she has to sell. She will never get the price she listed as the property with all of the work that needs to be done is not worth it. She'll be lucky if she gets 3 million and she's asking for 10.

I've wondered about the basement. It is an unfinished basement - if this house was purchased by the ex - wouldn't they have fixed that as soon they purchased or least had it finished during their 6 year marriage?

• Love 4

Yikes. Things are that bad? Guess she should have listened to Ramona (of all people!) and sold the house a few years ago when she could have got $6 to $7 million instead. And then gotten herself a nice condo or apartment.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Her punishment can easily be being demoted to a friend of next season just as they did Kim Richards on BH. The other women on the show can still talk about her and Tom which they continually will if there are any more Promiscuous Chicken acts. Luanne will settle for the friend of role as all of her business ventures are tied to her persona on the RH franchise. All of the products Luanne has hocked have to do with being the once wife of the Count and none of these existed prior to RH. I forgot about Victoria's DUI in March...the ladies will bring that up next season.

The thing is- if she's not a HoWife she gets paid per scene as a friend. One of the more knowledgeable posters said she made out like a bandit because of this last year. I wonder if this is the same reason Sonja paid to rent the house around the corner from Luann and was willing to absorb Dorinda's full frontal assault. At this point, whether someone likes Lu or not, she is seemingly the only person with anything going on that makes it onto the show.

Maybe they could ship in Candace Bushnell to give commentary on the various relationship maneuverings and reactions.

FWIW- Dorinda's walls could be some kind of trowelled wax finish over paint. Or even a poly or clear gloss over paint. I all for doing something different. I even liked Jill's wall pattern after her redo- if not the overabundance of questionable accessories.

• Love 1

I hate to beat this subject to death . . . but, ugh . . . Lu and her perfect wedding and perfect love . . . just . . . ugh.

Obviously, I don't know her, but from the years of watching her on RHONY I thought she seemed pretty together, somewhat sophisticated, obviously fame hungry (aren't they all, of course?), and clearly someone who felt a need to project a certain image. 

In real life, with her real friends, she HAS to be more down to earth, right?  I mean, it would be exhausting to keep this image of a real person going.

But this engagement, relationship, wedding stuff . . . it just isn't believable.   It's downright embarrassing.  Starting with her "he wants to marry MEEEEEeeeeeeEEEE" giggle, giggle stuff at the beginning of last season.  What grown woman talks like that??  It was so immature.  Weird.  Not believable. 

It just feels like she grabbed unto a storyline and try to ride it in a way she thought Bravo would appreciate (ie; in a Betthany Getting Married" way).  And so, there is an engagement party on a YATCH, full white gown(s) including a longgggg veil, 50+ year old brides"maids" and a grown @ss daughter flower girl.  Oh.Dear.Lord.   Apparently chasing fame will make you do ridiculous things, huh?  It all seems at odds with her usual more sophisticated style.

When Bravo didn't bite on a wedding special, she just rode that ridiculous storyline it to the end anyway. 

She could have paused.  She could have reconsidered and restructured, but for whatever reason she just marched straight ahead.

And she's treating the relationship the same way she is treating the wedding.  Everything is sosoosososooso wonderfulllllllllllll.  We are sosososoos HAPPPYYYYYY.  Honestly I would have much more respect for her if she said something remotely believable.  In every scene she upset that the girls aren't giddy and gushing about her upcoming wedding.  Dear.Lord.  What does she expect people to say?  How can you converse about unicorns and rainbows in any believable way?

I wish she would pause, reconsider and restructure her storyline.  She could easily say, "Tom and I are approaching this marriage with open eyes.  Obviously we both have baggage and issues, but we are committed to working through these things to make a lasting union.  I'd ask you to please hold your opinions.  Give me some credit.  I'm not a silly, immature girl.  I know what I'm doing.  Please respect my decisions and try your best to support me."

• Love 8

I'm a combination real estate and history heaux.  Like, my number one vacation fave thing is touring area estates and former plantations.  

Well, I'm sure most people who visit Sonja's home initially mistake it for some old historical ruin ;)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I would think that any pre-nup would protect both parties. Luann brings a pretty nice portfolio of assets into the marriage.  My guess is she wants to protect her assets to pass down to her children.   I get dizzy reading all that contradictions about Tom.  He is rich, he is not, is homes are just a step above subsidized housing,  Luann's in the marriage for the penthouse and the Florida home. 

I am curious, because I only know a couple of people on the UES, and not a one of them knows or cares about Tom, Luann or the RHONY in general, so I need to ask, why would Luann get married in name only?  Her marriage to the Count certainly dissolved from the early years, but from her special and the archived photos and tapes, Luann and the Count seemed very into each other.

I see Luann differently than a lot of people.  I do believe she set her mind to finding someone to partner with and as luck would have it she and Tom found each other.  She seemed to do the same thing with Jacques once she admitted her marriage was over and they seemed to enjoy each other until they didn't.  I don't believe she is faking the happiness, anymore than she was faking the heartbreak when she saw the photos of Tom at The Regency.  I think Luann is probably pretty high maintenance and is not really much of a home body.  Kids are gone time to live it up.  I don't see her sitting around while Tom is out on the town catting around. 

It seems strange to me the others feel they know Luann's happiness more than she does.  To me it just seems they don't really want to see Luann attain her goals.   Luann has made it quite clear she enjoys the companionship with Tom, she didn't rattle off a list of virtues regarding character, she likes spending time with him and his lips.  At this point I am sure the rumors, because as often is the case with unsubstantiated gossip, there has been probably been so much and some of it utterly absurd it doesn't register and as a couple they choose to spend their time together having fun instead of battling rumors. .  I can see in a relationship not wanting to give the time of day to every rumor that comes down the pike.  Obviously, Tom has been advised by acquaintances that Ramona has been snooping around and of course Ramona snooping around talking to Tom's old girlfriend would trigger conversation between Tom and the old girlfriend.  So there is a little bit of a skewing of what is going on. 

Is there a new Regency story out there?   

Pretty much!

I don't think Lu's trying to sell something completely different than what is. I think she's just not going to run around in circles battling all the extra chatter, gossip and rumors that's now swirling around due to his Regency misstep. Old news recycled and repackaged as new.

Everything that's come up after that seems so very suspect and at the very least not too reliable.

Not understanding how Lu's supposed to react, what to admit or reveal or what behavior or claims or declarations she's supposed to change.

I mean is she supposed to hold a press conference? Print a retraction of some kind denouncing any previous sentiments she's had in the past? It's rather curious what is being asked of Lu and why these women seem to think they are entitled to it whatever it is they are salivating for. Confusing.

• Love 3

Here is a story about Sonja's house when she had it on the market for $2 million less than she (they) paid for it.  Sonja was none too pleased with Fredrik when he claimed the place was worth $7 million.  https://www.6sqft.com/real-housewife-of-new-york-sonja-morgan-drops-price-of-lenox-hill-townhouse/  Sonja and her ex did do some renovations.  Sonja explaining the reason she has bidets:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/go-inside-sonja-morgans-manhattan-mansion  How about a laundry room with a utility sink?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I would think Sonja would win that honor hands down.  Her many misrepresentations about Madonna being at her fashion show, John-John, P Diddy are just total fabrications.

I think many people just view Sonja as so delusional that it's hard to judge if Sonja is lying or actually believes what she's saying. I've heard her say that she was married to J. P. Morgan on this show. She was not. She was married to John Adams Morgan, which explains why her daughter is named Quincy to honor the Adams side of her heritage.

Or when Sonja blathers about having this past experience in marketing. It was only because Bethenny didn't let Sonja slide that we know this history of marketing was just talking to friends about brands she likes. If that shit is marketing, then I'm owed coins from Hulu, Disney and Marvel, and the Times Publishing Company after I talked about how good the Handmaid's Tale is, how I can't wait to see the Black Panther movie, and how good the Tampa Bay Times (formerly the St. Petersburg Times) pieces on Scientology are.

On the flip, I guess I need to be fired from my unpaid marketing job because I recently called Franklin Barbecue overrated (It's very good, but not worth the 4 - 5 hour wait in the Texas sun in my opinion. Seriously, go to Micklethwaits, Valentina, La Barbecue, or Stiles. The wait is so much shorter at these other places and they are very good too.).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ezzy4 said:

I wish she would pause, reconsider and restructure her storyline.  She could easily say, "Tom and I are approaching this marriage with open eyes.  Obviously we both have baggage and issues, but we are committed to working through these things to make a lasting union.  I'd ask you to please hold your opinions.  Give me some credit.  I'm not a silly, immature girl.  I know what I'm doing.  Please respect my decisions and try your best to support me."

I think this is the case even without her actually having to outline it. What's puzzling to me is why she actually HAS TO say the words?

It says more about Ramona, Beth and the rest that they actually need her to speak it out loud before they even consider leaving well enough alone.

It's the need to make her grovel that I've always found to be unappealing even before the Tom debacle started. It's been going on for seasons.

You can not like someone without, at every turn or opportunity, look for ways to inflict hurt or pain.

• Love 5

I hate to beat this subject to death . . . but, ugh . . . Lu and her perfect wedding and perfect love . . . just . . . ugh.

Obviously, I don't know her, but from the years of watching her on RHONY I thought she seemed pretty together, somewhat sophisticated, obviously fame hungry (aren't they all, of course?), and clearly someone who felt a need to project a certain image. 

In real life, with her real friends, she HAS to be more down to earth, right?  I mean, it would be exhausting to keep this image of a real person going.

But this engagement, relationship, wedding stuff . . . it just isn't believable.   It's downright embarrassing.  Starting with her "he wants to marry MEEEEEeeeeeeEEEE" giggle, giggle stuff at the beginning of last season.  What grown woman talks like that??  It was so immature.  Weird.  Not believable. 

It just feels like she grabbed unto a storyline and try to ride it in a way she thought Bravo would appreciate (ie; in a Betthany Getting Married" way).  And so, there is an engagement party on a YATCH, full white gown(s) including a longgggg veil, 50+ year old brides"maids" and a grown @ss daughter flower girl.  Oh.Dear.Lord.   Apparently chasing fame will make you do ridiculous things, huh?  It all seems at odds with her usual more sophisticated style.

When Bravo didn't bite on a wedding special, she just rode that ridiculous storyline it to the end anyway. 

She could have paused.  She could have reconsidered and restructured, but for whatever reason she just marched straight ahead.

And she's treating the relationship the same way she is treating the wedding.  Everything is sosoosososooso wonderfulllllllllllll.  We are sosososoos HAPPPYYYYYY.  Honestly I would have much more respect for her if she said something remotely believable.  In every scene she upset that the girls aren't giddy and gushing about her upcoming wedding.  Dear.Lord.  What does she expect people to say?  How can you converse about unicorns and rainbows in any believable way?

tenor.gif

• Love 6

The flowers that were delivered to  Dorinda's home in the Berkshires from Dennis (ala Vicki from Steve RHOC) were delivered to "Bethany", not Bethenny.  

Yes, creepy Dennis was taking cues from RHoOC. That he spelled the name of his "soulmate" wrong was an added bonus of hilarity.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

You mean until she screwed with some pirates?  Jaques probably was not into the whole open marriage idea that Luann seems to enjoy. 

I agree with you that Luann is pretty happy. It doesn't matter to her that Tom goes regularly to the Regency, all she has to do is go to the terrace of his apartment and look at the view and any sign of unhappiness just disappears. For someone like Luann loyalty is not important, materials things that she can boast about are what really matters. So in that sense, she is happy. She has the apartment in NYC and for her that counts much more than any kind of outdated sense of loyalty. 

• Love 7

That Frederick/Frankel scene was so.fucking.forced. But, I'm sure their show will be a big hit, seeing how there's such a dire lack of flipping shows on tv.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, jaync said:

That Frederick/Frankel scene was so.fucking.forced. But, I'm sure their show will be a big hit, seeing how there's such a dire lack of flipping shows on tv.

I'm assuming that they will be concentrating on flipping high end or luxury properties. I don't think that there is a show aimed at that market. The closest thing to that probably is the random episodes of Million Dollar Listing when the agent insists that the seller make changes to the property and Flipping Out.

• Love 3

I'm sure it was the florist who spelled the name wrong.

Most florists (in my experience) will ask for the spelling of a name to be verified. Creepy Dennis didn't bother to move out of his marital home before he started banging Beth, so it's not that big of a stretch that he also didn't bother with the details of his mistress' name.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, jaync said:

Yes, creepy Dennis was taking cues from RHoOC. That he spelled the name of his "soulmate" wrong was an added bonus of hilarity.

Or B took cues from Vicki and sent them to herself.  Not sure what the etiquette is (I should ask Lu), but somehow it seemed off to me for him to send flowers to Dorinda's house.  I mean, it's around Dorinda's birthday and there are several women there, but again that's the point.  Rubbing those flowers in the other girls' noses.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Well, I'm sure most people who visit Sonja's home initially mistake it for some old historical ruin ;)

I trying to think of what Reality Show Sonja could do if she is let go from the RH franchise and the only one that comes to mind is Hoarders: Buried Alive

• Love 4

I'm sure it was the florist who spelled the name wrong. Dennis probably had a secretary order them and she didn't clarify the spelling of the name. It happens. 

That sounds right.

• Love 4

While I agree Luann banked more coins than most cast members demoted to Friend Of, she still did not make as much money as the salary she would have pulled as a HW. She made about 1/3 to ½ of what she made as a HW. She had to film more hours than a HW to make her money. They get paid by “aired” scenes and minutes. If they could make as much money or more money as a “friend of” than a HW than they’d all be clamoring to be demoted – and I don’t recall any report of any HW across the franchise begging to be demoted.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

I couldn't agree more. I think if she wasn't filming, she would have dropped him after the first Regency reveal. She seemed totally devastated. I think she's going through with it to prove everyone wrong, especially since millions of people are watching it all play out. I believe that friend, that she'll go through with it to save face....and deal with the fallout after. She'd rather get married and later divorce, then call of the wedding. I fully believe that. 

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I think many people just view Sonja as so delusional that it's hard to judge if Sonja is lying or actually believes what she's saying.

This is how I feel. At this point, fantasy and reality are blurred for Sonja. She has told these stories so often, she truly believes them. With Lu, the lying seems a lot more deliberate and calculated. 

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yul Brynner? Loved him in The King and I. 

Me, too - he's great in "The King and I" - and the anti-smoking commercial he made (to be played after he died) was pretty badass on his part.

I'm more interested in the tiff next week between Betheny and Ramona. 

Not a fan of Bethenny (in case anybody didn't know ; ) but I much prefer dry-eyed Bethenny (in the clip we saw of her with Ramona)  to fake-cry Bethenny.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
(edited)
43 minutes ago, jaync said:

Most florists (in my experience) will ask for the spelling of a name to be verified. Creepy Dennis didn't bother to move out of his marital home before he started banging Beth, so it's not that big of a stretch that he also didn't bother with the details of his mistress' name.

What makes you think he still lives with the wife, or did when he started with Beth? For all we know he and the wife have not lived together for a long time. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Normades said:

seemed off to me for him to send flowers to Dorinda's house.

That seemed odd to me as well. Can you imagine what would have been said if Tom had sent flowers to Dorinda's home for Lu?

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

She could easily say, "Tom and I are approaching this marriage with open eyes.  Obviously we both have baggage and issues, but we are committed to working through these things to make a lasting union.  I'd ask you to please hold your opinions.  Give me some credit.  I'm not a silly, immature girl.  I know what I'm doing.  Please respect my decisions and try your best to support me."

And if Luann did that, here's Bethenny's reaction: "It's pathetic that Luann is marrying a man she KNOWS cheats on her. KNOWS IT. That's just sick. She always was a fuck slutting whore, and now she's marrying  another fuck slutting whore.  What kind of gift do you give them? Whore sex toys? Pajamas reading "I"m with the whore?" Or is one of them the pimp? Is the man the pimp? Which one is the man?  Disgusting. It's pathetic  - what a loser the countess turned out to be."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14

She screwed the Johhnny Depp  alike and then spoke the WORST French to a friend on the phone asking them not to tell.

Luann is afraid of getting old and being alone so marriage seemed like a good idea. She would rather get married than cancel- which she did.

I give it one year before he publically gets caught too many times. She loses the Title which means she has nothing and can no longer lord it over people how classy she is.

Ramoana needs better drugs. I am ashamed for her- like a cat in heat.

I used to like Carole and stick up for her but she has become Bethanny and is as nasty and tacky as she is.

• Love 2
(edited)

I couldn't agree more. I think if she wasn't filming, she would have dropped him after the first Regency reveal. She seemed totally devastated. I think she's going through with it to prove everyone wrong, especially since millions of people are watching it all play out. I believe that friend, that she'll go through with it to save face....and deal with the fallout after. She'd rather get married and later divorce, then call of the wedding. I fully believe that. 

Luann and her "happy" ending will not be denied!

And if Luann did that, here's Bethenny's reaction: "It's pathetic that Luann is marring a man she KNOWS cheats on her. KNOWS IT. That's just sick. She always was a fuck slutting whore, and now she's marrying  another fuck slutting whore.  What kind of gift do you give them? Whore sex toys? Pajamas reading "I"m with the whore?" Or is one of them the pimp? Is the bald one the pimp? Disgusting. It's pathetic  - what a loser the countess turned out to be."

That would have been the most AWESOME TH ever. Damn you Luann for denying us that!

Poor Dorinda

Indeed. Hey, a glass of wine does help chase away the blues...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
(edited)

Can you imagine what would have been said if Tom had sent flowers to Dorinda's home for Lu?

Oh, lawd...those heffas would've choked themselves out from clutching their pearls.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 7