Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Return of the Berzerkshires

• Start Topic

trashtalktv recap

https://www.trashtalktv.com/05/25/rhony-recap-talk-of-the-tom/411878/

Dorinda is making the women decorate like she’s the arts and crafts instructor at Michael’s. Ramona thinks she’s being controlling and Sonja doesn’t understand why this task hasn’t been handed over to the help. The help being Tinsley of course. Speaking of, Tinsley arrives and says Dorinda is Mrs. Claus with all of the Christmas stuff. Duh, she’s dates a fat dude that people only like to see once a year and they both like snow. Allegedly.

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Duh, she’s dates a fat dude that people only like to see once a year and they both like snow. Allegedly.

Now that's funny!

No wonder he is so grumpy. He only comes once a year and thats down a chimney. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't speak French. Anyone know if she was threatening her friends on the phone that one night when she forgot she was mic'd and was looking for help to concoct a different story about infidelity? Asking folks to lie to cover things up seems to be her thing, just not sure if the ask always comes with a threat. 

No not threatening. She asked them to say she was with them.

She says she is fluent in some languages and I bring up her horrible French because it is at a beginner level.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

trashtalktv recap

https://www.trashtalktv.com/05/25/rhony-recap-talk-of-the-tom/411878/

Dorinda is making the women decorate like she’s the arts and crafts instructor at Michael’s. Ramona thinks she’s being controlling and Sonja doesn’t understand why this task hasn’t been handed over to the help. The help being Tinsley of course. Speaking of, Tinsley arrives and says Dorinda is Mrs. Claus with all of the Christmas stuff. Duh, she’s dates a fat dude that people only like to see once a year and they both like snow. Allegedly.

Too funny!!! 

I also LOL at....

How many blondes does it take to light  a fireplace? One, named Dorinda, who can point out the button that turns it on. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Too funny!!! 

I also LOL at....

How many blondes does it take to light  a fireplace? One, named Dorinda, who can point out the button that turns it on. 

I liked

Dorinda is at home packing for the Berkshires trip and being nervous about having all of these women’s faces near open flames. She calls Hannah who soothes her mom by just chanting brovaries in her ear until she passes out in a vodka-betic coma.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I'm guessing the original poster meant paltry by HW/reality TV star standards.

Luann sold her pics/interviews/exclusive rights to People for $20K.

Supposedly this was the only deal she could get

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

She should of sold the pic of Tom kissing the other women for bigger $$$$

• Love 8
(edited)

That recording of Lu squeeing over one of her wedding dresses makes me sad. I guess I feel like Lu thinks the three dresses, the wedding, the honeymoon, the penthouse, the yacht, the summer homes, being able to say that she is married-- all that stuff will compensate for Tom's indiscretions. 

I mean, Lu is an attractive woman and very sexual. How can that NOT be enough? Why does he need to step out with other women?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Didn't Jill jack that up for her?

• Love 2

Tinsley's legal issues - she signed a deal where the case will be offically dismissed on December 30th.

I think this is why we've seen her pretty well behaved so far. I wonder if the crazy she has kept lidded will spring free after Luann gets married.

I'd like to see more of her mom and hope that her sister Dabney will make an appearance.

If she has a blow up fight with Sonja she might just get an apple next year.

• Love 5

Tom doesn't have a yacht. I don't think he has "yacht" money. The yacht they had the party on last season belonged to a friend of theirs. 

anigif_enhanced-10315-1425926279-3.gif?d

• Love 4
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That recording of Lu squeeing over one of her wedding dresses makes me sad. I guess I feel like Lu thinks the three dresses, the wedding, the honeymoon, the penthouse, the yacht, the summer homes, being able to say that she is married-- all that stuff will compensate for Tom's indiscretions. 

I mean, Lu is an attractive woman and very sexual. How can that NOT be enough? Why does he need to step out with other women?

Luann wants to be MARRIED and Tom is willing to marry her; it's a match made in heaven.  

A few pages back, I shared about a friend, who married a man that looked bad "on paper."  But in reality, he was great for her and very supportive.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that time will tell.  Maybe Tom will turn out to be a dog, maybe he'll be a great husband for Luann.  I think it's cruel for the woman to want to stage an "intervention" especially since they know Luann won't listen to them.  

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

They need to stop saying the apartment has a "balcony", if memory serves me right, it was 1 step out and you are at the railing, it wasn't deep enough for a stool let alone a chair. Overall, it is a small apartment with high end (clearance per Bethenny) decorations! LOL

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They need to stop saying the apartment has a "balcony", if memory serves me right, it was 1 step out and you are at the railing, it wasn't deep enough for a stool let alone a chair. Overall, it is a small apartment with high end (clearance per Bethenny) decorations! LOL

The HOA fees seem high-I guess it is what you pay for a 24 hour doorman. May be a deterrent to some buyers. So if Bethenny paid $4.2 million, and did some renovating (don't know) and then has paid to stage it, and pays a commission for the sale, it is now up for a second price reduction is she really making all that much money off the deal? 

Maybe that is the hook to watch the show.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The HOA fees seem high-I guess it is what you pay for a 24 hour doorman. May be a deterrent to some buyers. So if Bethenny paid $4.2 million, and did some renovating (don't know) and then has paid to stage it, and pays a commission for the sale, it is now up for a second price reduction is she really making all that much money off the deal? 

If she sells it at the discount price, she will most likely lose money, not even break even but lose. I am not sure this would be an example of F/B expertise/collaboration! LOL

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am pretty certain she gutted the apartment she toured the space with her contractor Stephen Fanuka who used to have a show on DIY, so I think she will definitely lose money.

• Love 6
On 5/25/2017 at 0:17 PM, ryebread said:

Dorinda would LOSE HER MIND in Bronner's, wouldn't she?  She'd spend enough money to pay the city of Frankenmuth's electric bill for a year.

She would go crazy, and I would have a kindred spirit. When we moved last summer my hubby counted 31 tubs of just Christmas stuff. He made me downsize and I did. Now we only have 29.  

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She would go crazy, and I would have a kindred spirit. When we moved last summer my hubby counted 31 tubs of just Christmas stuff. He made me downsize and I did. Now we only have 29.  

Like, 31 LARGE tubs?  LOL.  I thought I had a lot.  That's a whole wall o' tubs. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am pretty certain she gutted the apartment she toured the space with her contractor Stephen Fanuka who used to have a show on DIY, so I think she will definitely lose money.

Thanks.  I would think the wiser course of action would be to live in it and flip other properties.  Might be nice for Bryn not to keep moving around.  In the last year she has had to move from the only home she has ever known, to a new home with Dad, and now mom's house is in the wind.  I am sure the parents have made it fun for her to keep moving into new places. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Like, 31 LARGE tubs?  LOL.  I thought I had a lot.  That's a whole wall o' tubs. 

I have a wall of Christmas tubs. Every December my husband curses me when he has to bring them all from the basement, then down again in January. Takes me 2 days to decorate. No one is allowed to help. They would screw it up. They would definitely put everything in the wrong place and then I would have to wait until they leave to fix it all.

• Love 8

My question is...didn't we see on the last episode that Beth bought another apartment that she's renovating?  I wonder what her plans would have been if the apartment she has been living in with Bryn was sold, where would they have been living until the new place was renovated?  'Homeless' in a hotel?  I get that sometimes people have to move due to all sorts of things out of their control but this child just keeps on getting shuffled by her mother.  'Home' is important, especially for a child. 

At least going to grandma and grandpa's house is a constant and a base.  Now, I'm sure some are going to comment about Jason's parents.  IMO, I think Jason's parents provide an environment of consistency and normalcy.  It's a good thing.  Yep, I know some will disagree.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I have a wall of Christmas tubs. Every December my husband curses me when he has to bring them all from the basement, then down again in January. Takes me 2 days to decorate. No one is allowed to help. They would screw it up. They would definitely put everything in the wrong place and then I would have to wait until they leave to fix it all.

I would help, and I would do it just the way you wanted. I spend at least two days as well. When I got it perfect a few years ago, I actually snapped pictures of each room. Now each bin is labeled as to where it goes, with a picture attached so that anyone who wants to help knows what it is supposed to look like. I am anal about almost nothing except this.

I love that Dorinda holds onto this tradition. It seems like something that makes her very happy and I love the spirit. There are things about her that I hate, but this makes me soften towards her. I cannot wait for the next episode, because according to the spoilers, big stuff goes down in the Berkshire's. I wonder how many of these chicks will ever be invited back? 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Thanks.  I would think the wiser course of action would be to live in it and flip other properties.  Might be nice for Bryn not to keep moving around.  In the last year she has had to move from the only home she has ever known, to a new home with Dad, and now mom's house is in the wind.  I am sure the parents have made it fun for her to keep moving into new places. 

Hopefully she is keeping her in the same school district. In my experience, that is the real trial for kids, although they can overcome this as well. I think it all depends on how the parents handle it. We moved into our dream home 8 months ago, and now that house is on the market as we prepare to move out of state. That makes 13 moves in 30 years. My kids are now out of the house, but they always saw the moves as such adventures. Having a new room, etc. They talk about it with nothing but fondness and always thought it made them special. Most of the moves were when they were young. We didn't move them once they became teenagers because we thought that would be too difficult. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Bryn may be in private school.

This talk of Luann keeping Tom on a tight leash and leaving early to go be with him. Really? They are engaged and are about to be married. Is it that unusual for an engaged couple to be together? For one of them to leave early to go be with the other? Why would that be unusual? 

They had Luann's special on this weekend. I have to say, she isn't bitter about the Count at all. She still speaks about him lovingly. I have to give her credit. Luann is someone who makes lemonade out of lemons. I remember Ramona's flip out season 1 about Simon coming to girls night out and Luann's, "And now that he's here, we are all going to be polite to him, right girls?" She's a move on, go with the flow person. Whatever her reason for marrying Tom, let her be. I hope it works out for her. 

The comments about Bethenny not wanting to get married? She was flashing a diamond around instagram last Fall and being all coy about it. So whatever happened between her and Dennis probably got pretty serious at one point only to fizzle out for whatever reason.

Oh and Luann being a "liar" bc she didn't want to out her personal life with the Count on the show? Bethenny pot meet kettle with you dating the alleged rapist and claiming you were so lonely and tearfully crying about it on Imabore's couch.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 11
(edited)

Ok. Just wanted to make sure that I was on the same page. Thx

Bethenny is 'single' again. After finding out that she wasn't that season, I don't really trust her image on this show. I do believe she is a workaholic tho. Especially now that she's adding another Bravo show to her line up. I get it. Strike while the iron is hot. I think the skinny girl brand has slowed down since it was bought out (and her contractual obligations to market and keep it current can't over come what's essentially a mass produced product that is so-so). 

How is it that Ramona has gotten away with never showing us any of her 'dates'? Are they just made up by her so that she looks as though she is special and worthy? To make Mario jealous? I think his ship has passed...permanently. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Grammar
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, jinjer said:

Bryn may be in private school.

Oh and Luann being a "liar" bc she didn't want to out her personal life with the Count on the show? Bethenny pot meet kettle with you dating the alleged rapist and claiming you were so lonely and tearfully crying about it on Imabore's couch.

Beth states on the show that Bryn goes to a public school.

I don't think the thing about Lu being coy about her marriage is the ultimate deal that brands her a liar to the others. I think it was the fact that she was a very different person away from the cameras. Like the thing with her wanting the limo driver to refer to her as "Mrs" instead of Lu. She wasn't like this when the cameras were off. The others felt like she was not authentic when the cameras were rolling, thinking she needed to prortray something very different to the audience. The real Lu was the kind of gal who would fuck a pirate on vacation. That is not the kind of Lu that she portrayed on the show in the early days, but as Ramona said at the time "Lu has always liked her men". Nothing wrong with it (well, except that she was in a long-term relationship at the time), but she kept this part of her personality hidden and the others were all very well aware of it. That's why there was such satisfaction by some when she was indeed publicly outed as a big fat liar while trying to concoct her lie. They had been saying she lied easily, and it was publicly confirmed in that instant. 

• Love 8

At least going to grandma and grandpa's house is a constant and a base.  Now, I'm sure some are going to comment about Jason's parents.  IMO, I think Jason's parents provide an environment of consistency and normalcy.  It's a good thing.  Yep, I know some will disagree.  

I remember back when Jason & Bethenny were still together and how Jason's parents would come to see Bryn and take her to the park or other places.  I can't remember Bethenny's comments verbatim, but I do remember her making some negative comments about them, which I thought were unwarranted.  She seemed annoyed that they were coming over and wanted to spend time with Bryn.  I got the feeling that Bethenny didn't want anybody else to have a role in Bryn's life.  I remember thinking it was rude of her, especially once his parents saw it played back on the show.  They seemed to be excited to have a granddaughter and were quite nice to Bethenny at that time.  I'm sure things have deteriorated since then, but I'd love to hear their side of the story.  

• Love 7

On tv I thought Jason's parents were meh just regular old grandparents however the visits every single weekend with them coming in to the city or B&J traipsing out to where ever they lived would have worn on me too. A young family needs their time and after a long week of working in the city with a new born at home sometimes just don't want the bother of having two other adults underfoot.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, bagger said:

On tv I thought Jason's parents were meh just regular old grandparents however the visits every single weekend with them coming in to the city or B&J traipsing out to where ever they lived would have worn on me too. A young family needs their time and after a long week of working in the city with a new born at home sometimes just don't want the bother of having two other adults underfoot.

THIS ^^^^

• Love 6

I didn't remember the grandparents wanting to visit every weekend, so thanks for the reminder on that one!  Yes, that would've gotten on my nerves too, but I wouldn't have said something on national t.v. for everyone to see.  She should've had that conversation with them off camera.  She's not shy about telling people what she thinks, so why not be up front with them from the get-go? 

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I didn't remember the grandparents wanting to visit every weekend, so thanks for the reminder on that one!  Yes, that would've gotten on my nerves too, but I wouldn't have said something on national t.v. for everyone to see.  She should've had that conversation with them off camera.  She's not shy about telling people what she thinks, so why not be up front with them from the get-go? 

I think it's best to have your spouse explain to his / her parents how they need to give them some space. Jason wouldn't do that. He felt his parents were in the right. Jason put his parents first and his marriage second. Jason's parents were as much in the wrong as Jason. It's also very weird!!!

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 8

It would be nice to have grandparents who want to help you out, but I'm in agreement that every weekend is way too much.  Maybe they thought they were helping by trying to give Jason & Bethenny some time alone.  I just remember thinking at the time that some of what Bethenny said was rather hurtful, when it seemed like his parents meant well.  It's a fine line when it comes to dealing with family members and these types of situations.  If your husband doesn't take your side, well, that can pretty much doom a marriage. 

I'd still like to know the truth of the situation.  As they say, there's her version, his version, and the actual truth!  It all seemed like one big effed up mess.  Hopefully Bryn is okay emotionally.  I sure wouldn't want either side to talk badly of the other in front of her.  Let her make up her own mind when she's older. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

I think it's best to have your spouse explain to his / her parents how they need to give them some space. Jason wouldn't do that. He felt his parents were in the right. Jason put his parents first and his marriage second. Jason's parents were as much in the wrong as Jason. It's also very weird!!!

That was the problem, IMO. Beth should not have been in the position to make a thing of it to Jason's parents. If she didn't want them around every weekend, or hell, even every other weekend, he should have been the one to put a stop to it. It wasn't like they lived across town and were just coming over to take the kid to the park. They were coming with suitcases and staying in their space. I am extremely close to my in-laws, but I could never have handled that. 

In the end, though, this was both Jason and Beth's fault to an extent.  They jumped into everything so quickly, and I never got the sense that they really talked though a lot of things. These are the sorts of conversations you should have before you have kids (IMO) and get it all sorted out beforehand. 

• Love 6

The in-laws were  most likely a part of the reason for the divorce… Jason def came across as a  ‘momma’s boy"!

1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

That was the problem, IMO. Beth should not have been in the position to make a thing of it to Jason's parents. If she didn't want them around every weekend, or hell, even every other weekend, he should have been the one to put a stop to it. It wasn't like they lived across town and were just coming over to take the kid to the park. They were coming with suitcases and staying in their space. I am extremely close to my in-laws, but I could never have handled that. 

In the end, though, this was both Jason and Beth's fault to an extent.  They jumped into everything so quickly, and I never got the sense that they really talked though a lot of things. These are the sorts of conversations you should have before you have kids (IMO) and get it all sorted out beforehand. 

Beth did try the counseling thing... as I recall, Jason pushed back. 

• Love 7