Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Return of the Berzerkshires

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Luann and her "happy" ending will not be denied!

That would have been the most AWESOME TH ever. Damn you Luann for denying us that!

Indeed. Hey, a glass of wine does help chase away the blues...

1) Neither will the Promiscuous Chickens' Regency Style

2) When the HW's gathered around Dorinda in the Berkshires to start the conversation about Tom's shenanigans...Dorinda said "it's my Birthday" like that would deter these ladies from talking about Tom. I felt bad for her then too and had to give her credit for not having a freak out meltdown.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

That would have been the most AWESOME TH ever.

One round of Bethenny slut shaming was enough for me  -- all the fury she poured into using one foul word after another, her mouth contorted, eyes manic as she dumped all that crazy, misplaced rage  - so so creepy.  I kept waiting for her to go into Dorinda's wallpapered closet and emerge screaming "NO! WIRE! HANGERS!"

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The only pro Sonya has in selling is the zip code. The place needs to be be gutted down to the joists. Then everything has to be replaced, plumbing, wiring, gas. She has been able to keep it so far because of Quincy that but train is about to leave the station for good. I feel bad for Sonja as she has to sell. She will never get the price she listed as the property with all of the work that needs to be done is not worth it. She'll be lucky if she gets 3 million and she's asking for 10.

I've wondered about the basement. It is an unfinished basement - if this house was purchased by the ex - wouldn't they have fixed that as soon they purchased or least had it finished during their 6 year marriage?

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is a story about Sonja's house when she had it on the market for $2 million less than she (they) paid for it.  Sonja was none too pleased with Fredrik when he claimed the place was worth $7 million.  https://www.6sqft.com/real-housewife-of-new-york-sonja-morgan-drops-price-of-lenox-hill-townhouse/  Sonja and her ex did do some renovations.  Sonja explaining the reason she has bidets:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/go-inside-sonja-morgans-manhattan-mansion  How about a laundry room with a utility sink?

I think $5.5 - $7 million is a fair price for the home. I think a solid 7 would be the price had she not spent years on the show letting the home look like a crumbling ramshackle mess.

I think she needs to put a little bit of cash into the place to get it sold. She needs to clean up the patio and yard. It's a mess. And she needs to hire a stager. Her house is really cluttered. She has an unbelievably busy feminine decorating style. She's got velvets, chintz, ruffles, fringe, brass, leaded glass, crystal, sateen, patterned wallpaper, and oriental rugs--just in the living room and every room is like that. Her place is so visually noisy that it's hard to focus on the positives of the place. A good stager would get her to prune. She should get rid of the rugs to show off the floors, remove 25% of the furniture and bric-a-brac, remove most of the family pictures, and maybe replace some of the chandeliers. It's all too too much. And because she favors very traditional furniture and styling it gives the impression that it's been 50 years since someone updated the house.

I think she could get the interior staged with buying only a handful items for about $10,000. The garden and patio is going to take some cash. It's a small townhouse that is next to a parking garage. That backyard needs to feel like a sanctuary. It's a nightmare with plants that been neglected and unpruned for years. She's also let the ivy grow up the walls. At some point, someone is going to have pull that down and repoint that brick.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, film noire said:

And if Luann did that, here's Bethenny's reaction: "It's pathetic that Luann is marrying a man she KNOWS cheats on her. KNOWS IT. That's just sick. She always was a fuck slutting whore, and now she's marrying  another fuck slutting whore.  What kind of gift do you give them? Whore sex toys? Pajamas reading "I"m with the whore?" Or is one of them the pimp? Is the man the pimp? Which one is the man?  Disgusting. It's pathetic  - what a loser the countess turned out to be."

Yup!

I think it high time I get back to snarking on Beth? LOL. You know the one that actually screams and yells and is very hateful almost all of the time in some way shape or form.

I'm more inclined to be angry with someone that spews nasty evil energy every chance she gets. No fun inventing a villain when there are so many actual villains to choose from on this franchise. Ramona, Bethenny hell even Dorinda gets some nasty licks in from time to time (and I like Dorinda). 

Yet these women are stuck on this. Uggghhhh and yawn.

Playing fairy tale Princess with a frog that doesn't lose his warts while pretending to talk to the mice and sing with the birds just can't be stretched for 2 full seasons.........Can it?

Bravo, Powers that Be, Editing Monkey's Help........ Pleaasseee!!

Change the Narrative already.... Bueller, Bueller.....?

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

then spoke the WORST French to a friend on the phone

Poor Lu.  She can never win.  I'm sure her French was much better than what I could have done.  I always admire anyone who can speak a second (or more) language.  I just don't get the outrage that Lu is such a liar who *horrors* wrote an etiquette book.  B has kept many things on the down low, as have many others.  Does anyone think Ramona would still be with Mario if he would have her, cuz I do.  What would they be saying in that situation?  I really get sick of the double standards.

• Love 15

One round of Bethenny slut shaming was enough for me

As funny as that talking head would have been, I think she would have just made a few quips here and there instead of a full on rant. Probably aimed more and Luann's delusions more than anything.

I felt bad for her then too and had to give her credit for not having a freak out meltdown.

I think she might have just realized it wasn't worth it. She'll have a drink while they get it out of their system and then move on the her b-day stuff...

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

One round of Bethenny slut shaming was enough for me (all the fury she poured into using one foul word after another, her mouth contorted, eyes manic as she dumped all that crazy, misplaced rage  - so so creepy. I kept waiting for her to go into Dorinda's wall papered closet and emerge screaming "NO! WIRE! HANGERS!")

dorinda-holland-tunnel-vagina-rhony.gif?

tumblr_op2phawmjp1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

We did get Dorinda 2.0 rampage on Sonja this season.

This took place in front of many people at Ramona's house.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, film noire said:

One round of Bethenny slut shaming was enough for me  -- all the fury she poured into using one foul word after another, her mouth contorted, eyes manic as she dumped all that crazy, misplaced rage  - so so creepy.  I kept waiting for her to go into Dorinda's wall papered closet and emerge screaming "NO! WIRE! HANGERS!"

Preach!

I'll take a optimistic disney princess wannabe over that ugly mess of a person ANY DAY...

• Love 6

Neither will the Promiscuous Chickens' Regency Style

I wonder if Luann tipped people at the Regency to call/text/whatsapp her anytime he shows up there without her...

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I wonder if Luann tipped people at the Regency to call/text/whatsapp her anytime he shows up there without her...

She's pretty frugal. I'm guessing she does give a little something to the bartender.   (in the bathroom)

• Love 6

She's pretty frugal. I'm guessing she does give a little something to the bartender.   (in the bathroom)

I dunno, there would be a poetic irony to her using Tom's money to keep tabs on him ;)

• Love 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Normades said:

Poor Lu.  She can never win.  I'm sure her French was much better than what I could have done.  I always admire anyone who can speak a second (or more) language.  I just don't get the outrage that Lu is such a liar who *horrors* wrote an etiquette book.  B has kept many things on the down low, as have many others.  Does anyone think Ramona would still be with Mario if he would have her, cuz I do.  What would they be saying in that situation?  I really get sick of the double standards.

Not to mention what passes as horrible actions with that crew.

Beth can't seem to get through an activity without having some sort of negative energy sift into the room but that Lu boy...

She's in love with her man and won't let anyone bring her down. The NERVE!

Ramona has the term Singer Stinger following her every where she goes but that Lu boy.....

Can you believe she wanted to be introduced to the driver in a formal manner?

Dorinda drunk slurs and screams in people's face with various crumbs hanging for dear life off of her lip but that Lu boy....

She's lying/lied about her open relationship with the Count and or Tom.

Never have I seen such an exaggarated effort by one group of women to find fault with another person while simultaneously exhibiting behaviors 10x's as worse than the person their animosity is aimed at.

It's something see. That's for sure.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

1) Neither will the Promiscuous Chickens' Regency Style

2) When the HW's gathered around Dorinda in the Berkshires to start the conversation about Tom's shenanigans...Dorinda said "it's my Birthday" like that would deter these ladies from talking about Tom. I felt bad for her then too and had to give her credit for not having a freak out meltdown.

Dorinda knows the dumb Drag Queen doesn't want to hear it. I'm guessing she has already had this talk with Lu. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Luann has a protective force field that is the best I have seen since Sue Storm. I mean everything is just bouncing off her this year and it is driving these women crazy. Bethenny is at her wits end. Of course she has nowhere to go with her hectoring invective after last season when she shrieked that Luann was a whore, a pimp and that she stank of elderberries.  I mean what else could she say.

The only one who still has an arrow in their quiver is Ramona. She has one last insult she can hurl as Luann goes off to the Florida Sun to get married and live happily ever after. "LUANN YOU BITCH YOU ARE AS FAKE AS MY TITS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 9

Do you know how a force field works? It lets attacks bounce off you. It seems to be bouncing off Luann. She got married. All of the attempts to slut shame, defame, break up or otherwise destroy their relationship didn't matter. It bounced off of her.

They couldn't do it. She got to the chapel and got married and the haters can still hate. 

Good for her.

• Love 5

If it's such a great force field...WTH did Tom call Dorinda and threaten to uninvite her to the wedding if she (dorinda) refused to lie for Tom and Lu?

What a great super power. It will come in handy come divorce time, no doubt...

• Love 5
(edited)

If she is happy then what's the problem. It's nobodies business but her.

But I understand why Bethenny and Ramona have to be outraged. Losing these so called friends is no loss at all.

Haters gotta hate.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 9

Yep!

Lu showed them. 

She married a cheater.

Lost friends along the way.

Good for her.?

Hey, she also got a penthouse and second home in Palm Beach. That must go a way in making it worth it...or something.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

If it's such a great force field...WTH did Tom call Dorinda and threaten to uninvite her to the wedding if she (dorinda) refused to lie for Tom and Lu?

Wow great memory!

Was this ever raised on any reunion?

I wonder what Luanne had over on Dorinda to make Dorinda clam up

• Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Hey, she also got a penthouse and second home in Palm Beach. That must go a way in making it worth it...or something.

And a boat.

She can later re-name / re-christen it "Was His".

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Wow great memory!

Was this ever raised on any reunion?

I wonder what Luanne had over on Dorinda to make Dorinda clam up

Pretty certain we know what she's holding over her head. That blows for Dorinda

• Love 8
3 hours ago, jaync said:

Yes, creepy Dennis was taking cues from RHoOC. That he spelled the name of his "soulmate" wrong was an added bonus of hilarity.

LOL! Should have said Sourmate..:) 

40 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Yep!

Lu showed them. 

She married a cheater.

Lost friends along the way.

Good for her.?

Those kinds of friends, I wouldn't need

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Girl you asked this of the wrong person.  I'm a combination real estate and history heaux.  Like, my number one vacation fave thing is touring area estates and former plantations.   We went to NOLA in March and WilderBoyfriend was sick. to. death. of. back stairways. Lol.   

Wheeee, we were there in December. Did you visit the historic Colonel Short mansion? Like everywhere in the Garden District the properties are lovely for 3 blocks in any direction and then blight. Did you eat a gator platter at Mulates? (Mr SCS likes it but it's too aquatic for me). 

Linky goodness:

http://www.realtor.com/news/unique-homes/cornstalk-mansion-listed-in-new-orleans/

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Wheeee, we were there in December. Did you visit the historic Colonel Short mansion? Like everywhere in the Garden District the properties are lovely for 3 blocks in any direction and then blight. Did you eat a gator platter at Mulates? (Mr SCS likes it but it's too aquatic for me). 

Linky goodness:

http://www.realtor.com/news/unique-homes/cornstalk-mansion-listed-in-new-orleans/

I love the kitchen island!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Ok, maybe a little nitpicky here. The flowers that were delivered to  Dorinda's home in the Berkshires from Dennis ( ala Vicki from Steve RHOC)  were delivered to "Bethany", not Bethenny.  

I have a name that could begin with an S or a C.  If I were to receive flowers from my husband with my name spelled incorrectly, I would surely be not feeling so special to him.

Eh, he probably ordered it over the phone, said her name, they said fine, and didn't think twice about it.  I have an uncommon spelling of my name, which is normal in the country my parents are from but not in the US and everyone gets it wrong, including family.  It's not done maliciously.

• Love 7
Spoiler

Luann actually gets married. All of this is just ten pounds of bullshit in a five pound bag.

I don't Luann has anything on Dorinda. Dorinda is just not invested in tearing her down. Plus she wants to film with her and after all she was the only one who was invited to the wedding.

I know it is hard to believe but maybe Dorinda likes Luann and Tom and wishes them well. I know that is a stretch but there you are.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

Yep!

Lu showed them. 

She married a cheater.

Lost friends along the way.?

I wouldn't call either Bethenny or Ramona Luann's friends (I'd barely call them civil adults on their best day). My friends have never called strangers at three in the morning, trying to dig up dirt on my fiance -- or viciously and publicly slut shamed me for twenty minutes straight -- guess I run with the wrong crowd! :) As to the rest; the display of Victorian handwringing from these women (behaving like Knickerbockers condemning Vanderbilt arrivistes and their new-fangled modern marriages) is ridiculous.  It makes them look like prying puritans, not caring co-workers. Luann is winning, they're drowning, time for them to accept it was a very bad move to dog her relationship -- again! -- and move on.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
On 5/25/2017 at 3:06 PM, Yours Truly said:

That's the thing it's only humiliating because other people want to force what they believe it should be onto their relationship. I don't think she's humiliating herself for staying with Tom.  Or that their situation is humiliating on it's own. It's  turned into some huge narrative based on a public misstep and the need to hang Lu out to dry. That and the fact that there's a reality show that needs storylines.

I dunno I just can't ever be on the side of ill will for no reason.

Bugs me.

I think it's humiliating and that she's humiliating herself.  When Bethenny showed her the picture of Tom kissing a woman, she got sick.   The only reason it makes sense for LuAnn to marry Tom is because she needs his money.  Otherwise, what's the point of getting married at this stage in life if they both have money?  If they have an open relationship and she's cool with it, then she wouldn't be bothered that people talk about it.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Trooper York said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Luann actually gets married. All of this is just ten pounds of bullshit in a five pound bag.

I don't Luann has anything on Dorinda. Dorinda is just not invested in tearing her down. Plus she wants to film with her and after all she was the only one who was invited to the wedding.

I know it is hard to believe but maybe Dorinda likes Luann and Tom and wishes them well. I know that is a stretch but there you are.

I think it is a pretty logical proposition-if you are going to gossip about me privately or publicly, there is no place in our lives for you.  Why should Luann have to choose between what essentially is a work friend and her husband and more importantly why would a spouse want to look at the mug of someone who is quite happy to spread gossip and share their opinion of the relationship?

I think Dorinda quite wisely decided on what is important.  Seems she picked a continuing relationship with Luann and Tom.  I believe Dorinda understands better than anyone-nobody is perfect.

5 minutes ago, film noire said:

15 minutes ago, film noire said:

I wouldn't call either Bethenny or Ramona Luann's friends (I'd barely call them civil adults on their best day). My friends have never called strangers at three in the morning, trying to dig up dirt on my fiance -- or viciously and publicly slut shamed me for twenty minutes straight -- guess I run with the wrong crowd! :)

And the display of Victorian handwringing from these women (behaving like Knickerbockers condemning Vanderbilt arrivistes and their new-fangled modern marriages) is ridiculous.  It makes them look like prying puritans, not caring co-workers.

I agree we must run with the same type of crowd.  You did leave out how Bethenny knew of Tom's making out and waited four days, telling everyone possible and celebrating with the same, and then staging a tearful scene, in her bikini, with her product promptly displayed.  Snapped back long enough to critique Luann's reaction to the news and deem it disingenuous and Luann somehow ungrateful for not kissing Bethenny's ring.

I could be wrong but wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago Bethenny told Luann she did not care one wit what Luann thought of her.  It seems Bethenny can't stand rejection.  Luann accepted the comment in stride and now Bethenny states she wants to have a gang up on Luann?   Ramona claiming Tom flirted with all night at the couple's engagement party.  The list of Ramona violations is almost endless. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Okay, I hope Lu and Tom are in fact happy. But I do remember Lu seeming blissfully happy and extremely proud in seasons 1-?, before she and the Count divorced. Then she finally admitted to Carole, while they were getting out of the boat, that she and the Count eventually had an open marriage, but that she reluctantly agreed to it. And Lu seemed really SAD, telling Carole this. Really sad. So it makes me wonder if she is really good at seeming happy and content, even when all is not well.

And it makes me think that Lu's image and that appearances are exceptionally important to her. 

If Tom is behaving in a way that is hurtful, I don't want Lu to have to tolerate that again.  

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Okay, I hope Lu and Tom are in fact happy. But I do remember Lu seeming blissfully happy and extremely proud in seasons 1-?, before she and the Count divorced. Then she finally admitted to Carole, while they were getting out of the boat, that she and the Count eventually had an open marriage. And Lu seemed really SAD, telling Carole this. Really sad. So it makes me wonder if she is really good at seeming happy and content, even when all is not well.

And it makes me think that Lu's image and appearances are exceptionally important to her. 

If Tom is behaving in a way that is hurtful, I don't want Lu to have to tolerate that again.  

Luann moved back to the US when the Count stopped being accountable and picked this show up about a year later.  I think she was hopeful the Count would stop playing around, but she did what she knew best and went back to TV work.  It is funny because Eileen Davidson, when discussing Yolanda Foster's divorce said, she wouldn't tell anyone if she was having problems with Vinnie.  I don't find Luann not sharing her marital woes all that bizarre or dishonest.  She didn't really know any of these women very well.  Why would she confide with any of them or on camera?   Why be unhappy?  She stood her ground when Ramona insulted the Count as being "old"-he is three years older than Mario. 

I don't think Luann is the first woman to play along when there are minor children involved.  For the most part the Count was caring on his affair on foreign soil.   She knew it was over and waiting awhile to publicly announce to pull the plug.  It sounds like they made a fairly smooth transition as far as the kids were concerned.  Luann and the Count have enjoyed custody and visitation at The Hamptons family home.  Contrast that with Bethenny who spends an inordinate amount of time in court fighting over custody and support issues. 

I saw Luann very giddy and happy when she was telling Jill she had found a new man (Jacques).  In that relationship she chose to not have the demise played out on TV and that rendered her a friend of the RH for a season.  She did reveal at the end of the season they had broken up.  So I do think when she is happy she is very giddy, when she is hurting she remains fairly stoic.  She doesn't seem to get insanely angry and carry on cussing and name calling so it may just seem to others she is unusually stoic.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Trooper York said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think she really does like them, and I agree she wants them to be happy. And I also think that she decided to overlook some stuff and move on. But none of that negates the fact that she said that Tom had threatened their friendship if she didn't back up the story he and Lu were trying to promote. Looks good on Dorinda because she is willing to forgive, doesn't look so good on Lu and Tom because they expected her to lie. But then again, Lu is basically a lying liar who lies, so I would hardly expect anything different from her. 

I don't speak French. Anyone know if she was threatening her friends on the phone that one night when she forgot she was mic'd and was looking for help to concoct a different story about infidelity? Asking folks to lie to cover things up seems to be her thing, just not sure if the ask always comes with a threat. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

I think it's humiliating and that she's humiliating herself.  When Bethenny showed her the picture of Tom kissing a woman, she got sick.   The only reason it makes sense for LuAnn to marry Tom is because she needs his money.  Otherwise, what's the point of getting married at this stage in life if they both have money?  If they have an open relationship and she's cool with it, then she wouldn't be bothered that people talk about it.

Here's the weird thing...when Luann first saw the pic of Tom kissing that women she said "He looks drunk". Ummmm...she couldn't even see his face in that photo. 

Luann was walking the wrong dog in the park. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 10
On May 25, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Yours Truly said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Trying to dissect Lu or Tom's intentions or reasons or logic over WHY they are getting married is so tired!

They are getting what they want and I agree with you as well with regards to Tom being a bachelor all this time an now decided that Lu is the one he wants to get in the marriage game with being relevant. Oh that's just cause Lu's gonna be a willing...yada yada yada.  Exactly! They work for each other for WHATEVER their needs are. Why are people mad? Or trying to label it some mistake for Lu? Cause women shouldn't get into arrangements like that? Oh wait, they can but THEY MUST acknowledge that's the arrangement PUBLICLY before outsiders let it go? It's all so very strange. The expectations of OTHERS being what's supposed to be considered with regards to Lu and Tom's marriage.

Rather comical as well. These women need to get lives for real... LOL!

I completely agree with this.  Many years ago, I had a friend who started dating a man who flat out lied to her about something very important, something a person shouldn't lie about.  I didn't think she should get involved with him, but she did.  And the thing was, it turned out I was wrong about him.  They had a great life together, so who knows?

• Love 13
10 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

looks like high gloss paint which is just weird.  I have never heard of that being recommended for walls.  Trim, sure. But walls?  Never!  I used eggshell on my old house because of kids and I thought that was sometimes a bit too shiny. 

I know right? Last year somebody had a name for that paint -- it's some kind of enamel and is hecka pricey.  But it's Doris's personality and if makes me wonder how much she's really changed since Richard's death if he co-signed on it all those years ago. I seem to recall the aesthetic they told the decorator to go for was something like "Hollywood meets Goth Tarzan" !!! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I believe Dorinda but I think that's Lu's policy since the Regency.  She is pretty easygoing, I have a hard time picturing her shadowing him before. 

Girl you asked this of the wrong person.  I'm a combination real estate and history heaux.  Like, my number one vacation fave thing is touring area estates and former plantations.   We went to NOLA in March and WilderBoyfriend was sick. to. death. of. back stairways. Lol.   As far as Grey Gardens, chile, I'd run up in that piece, quitclaim deed Sonja's ass and call Nate Burkus to see if we could turn that mutha out.    She? is nasty, I wouldn't eat nor stay, but the potential of that house would get me to go in there.  With a CDC face mask.  

10 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Carol being pals with Adam's parents was everything!!! They are so obviously her contemporaries! If Adam were my son I don't think I could be so accepting of a woman MY age dating him. And I do have sons, aged 21,24, and 28. Adam needs to do some soul searching about what he really wants in his life. His relationship with Carole seems easy and comfortable but not the stuff that lifelong soul mates are made of. 

Eh, he's what, 28, 30? If they're as mutually fond as they seem, they could last another 20'years and upon her demise, he'd 48, 50 and find a younger woman and become a daddy.  Lots of males are able to do that because of The Biology.  One of my fave actors, Alfred Molina, has been married for decades to a woman 2 decades his senior IIRC.  He has a child or two from earlier flings but she *is the love of his life.

11 hours ago, ryebread said:
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

On WWHL audience voted Lu the biggest liar. I was kind of surprised. 

I would think Sonja would win that honor hands down.  Her many misrepresentations about Madonna being at her fashion show, John-John, P Diddy are just total fabrications.

Do you believe the poll results reflect viewer votes? I don't. Mileages: they ALL vary . 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I was talking about Luann's friend Barbara...........

The one gossiping behind Luann's back to Carole? And passing off her own thoughts as Luann's sooper sekret and very sadz beliefs about her upcoming marriage?

I'd be thrilled to lose that kind of friend.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 5/25/2017 at 6:08 AM, Mozelle said:

It was pretty neat seeing Carole with Adam's parents. They like her, they really like her! I remember all the kvetching in the beginning about how Adam's parents would be appalled or sad or what have you that he was dating a woman Carole's age. Seems like not.

I feel his dad likes her a little too much - I was closely watching where he let his hands fall as he guided Carol out of the store (and practically pushed out his actual wife)

Don't take me seriously, I'm just being petty. ??

But I came here to talk about the temp of Dorindas house - I get why she keeps it cold.

1. She's really cooking (and when not her, her help was cooking)

2. There were A LOT of bodies in that house. All the ladies, her help, camera crew and producers. Having everyone in the same space (like when decorating) can get hot

3. Booze makes you hot (when I drink I get hot very quickly)

4. They're wearing winter clothes. Cooking in a turtleneck, entertaining - gotta get you warm

5. Older and might have hot flashes

6. The lights the crew uses when filming are hella hot. Even if just one or two

Personally I run hot so that sounds like a reasonable temp for everything going on that I mentioned above.

Plus I believe it was either Sonja or Ramona or both that in past seasons were always complaining if a place was too warm. Ramona even tried to buy an air conditioner when she stayed at Heathers in a past season.

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 12

(behaving like Knickerbockers condemning Vanderbilt arrivistes and their new-fangled modern marriages) is ridiculous.  It makes them look like prying puritans, not caring co-workers

That isn't the issue, the issue is Luann and Tom are possibly acting like Vandebilts but still (well, Luann is, anyway) projecting that they are Knickerbockers.

She can later re-name / re-christen it "Was His".

Or   I Got The Yacht

In that case, Was His can be what she renames the Palm Beach home...

14 hours ago, ryebread said:

Agree!  No swordfish, nor stuffed peacocks!  Another odd detail about Do's house is, it looks like the kitchen has been recently-ish renovated.  Newer finishes, colors, updated tiles.  But then she's got this square, 1970's silver clock hanging randomly on the wall.  I think that's the eclectic part. LOL

She has beautiful things, but to me, they don't flow....they clutter.  Like all the Buddha's (?) lined up on the fireplace mantel in her dining room.  Odd.

14 hours ago, ryebread said:

One more detail that I loved about this episode and it was a tiny one, was the quickest glance of the Cartier building decked out with the big red bow. 

Ain't NOTHIN' like 5th Avenue during the holidays. 

cartier.gif

I'd love to visit NYC over Christmas.  All our trips have been in the summer.  That's gorgeous, and I missed it, so thank you!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, BBHN said:

Well, someone there knew to call John when Dorinda was there having a drunken argument with Harry (Dubin) and trying to stab a banker with her shoe.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'm sure it was the florist who spelled the name wrong. Dennis probably had a secretary order them and she didn't clarify the spelling of the name. It happens. 

14 hours ago, jaync said:

Most florists (in my experience) will ask for the spelling of a name to be verified. Creepy Dennis didn't bother to move out of his marital home before he started banging Beth, so it's not that big of a stretch that he also didn't bother with the details of his mistress' name.

I have a common name but it has multiple spellings.  I got so mad at my in-laws when I had my daughter because the flowers came and not only was my name misspelled but also my daughter's!  My mom told me I was being hormonal and while my in-laws were evil, she didn't think they were to blame for that specific incident.  LOL. 

4 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

She has beautiful things, but to me, they don't flow....they clutter.  Like all the Buddha's (?) lined up on the fireplace mantel in her dining room.  Odd.

I'd love to visit NYC over Christmas.  All our trips have been in the summer.  That's gorgeous, and I missed it, so thank you!

Oh, you HAVE to go to the city during the holidays.  I have a love affair with NYC anyways but at Christmas, it is just magical. My husband and I have talked about buying a small apartment in the city once our kids are at college (we hope they go to my husband's alma mater which is just about 30 minutes outside of the city so it would be convenient and give them some place to escape to). 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

I hate to beat this subject to death . . . but, ugh . . . Lu and her perfect wedding and perfect love . . . just . . . ugh.

Obviously, I don't know her, but from the years of watching her on RHONY I thought she seemed pretty together, somewhat sophisticated, obviously fame hungry (aren't they all, of course?), and clearly someone who felt a need to project a certain image. 

In real life, with her real friends, she HAS to be more down to earth, right?  I mean, it would be exhausting to keep this image of a real person going.

But this engagement, relationship, wedding stuff . . . it just isn't believable.   It's downright embarrassing.  Starting with her "he wants to marry MEEEEEeeeeeeEEEE" giggle, giggle stuff at the beginning of last season.  What grown woman talks like that??  It was so immature.  Weird.  Not believable. 

It just feels like she grabbed unto a storyline and try to ride it in a way she thought Bravo would appreciate (ie; in a Betthany Getting Married" way).  And so, there is an engagement party on a YATCH, full white gown(s) including a longgggg veil, 50+ year old brides"maids" and a grown @ss daughter flower girl.  Oh.Dear.Lord.   Apparently chasing fame will make you do ridiculous things, huh?  It all seems at odds with her usual more sophisticated style.

When Bravo didn't bite on a wedding special, she just rode that ridiculous storyline it to the end anyway. 

She could have paused.  She could have reconsidered and restructured, but for whatever reason she just marched straight ahead.

And she's treating the relationship the same way she is treating the wedding.  Everything is sosoosososooso wonderfulllllllllllll.  We are sosososoos HAPPPYYYYYY.  Honestly I would have much more respect for her if she said something remotely believable.  In every scene she upset that the girls aren't giddy and gushing about her upcoming wedding.  Dear.Lord.  What does she expect people to say?  How can you converse about unicorns and rainbows in any believable way?

I wish she would pause, reconsider and restructure her storyline.  She could easily say, "Tom and I are approaching this marriage with open eyes.  Obviously we both have baggage and issues, but we are committed to working through these things to make a lasting union.  I'd ask you to please hold your opinions.  Give me some credit.  I'm not a silly, immature girl.  I know what I'm doing.  Please respect my decisions and try your best to support me."

Can you believe it girls? I'm getting married!

luann-wedding-dress-rhony.gif?w=640

Image is everything.

Luann is married now and seems happy.

• Love 4