Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Return of the Berzerkshires

• Start Topic

It' about not liking Lu.

I don't know what is the reasoning for all of them being concerned.  I suspect the number one reason is that it makes good tv.  If I was part of this crew it would be how inauthentic Lu is about it.  Her joy is so fake.  She really let those acting gigs go to her head.  Lu, you can't act.  We know you're lying.  We just don't want you to do this for the show because it will hurt you in real life.

I have yet to see Lu be happy instead of acting happy.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I'm with you on this here, there are levels to this shit. Lol.  Calling up exes in the middle of the night and pulling out unverifiable Texas (™D. Medley) is a bridge too far, Teribithia.   But if you can move away from that nutty ass style and concentrate on the substance of what is being gossiped about, there may be some merit in the message because he has indisputably participated in the same behavior during a time he was already committed to Luann.  That's kind of key here, I don't think they'd give a shit one way or the other if he was an aging bad boy she was fooling around with, so what?  But she made the investment of exclusivity based on what they all thought was incomplete information.  Now they know it's complete and it's just shitty.   The one redhanded moment was the cockroach we saw.  Girl, when is there just one?   If judgemental is how we want to characterize it, I'm fine with that, it's shaky judgement we're talking about.  <-- which represents not only their opinion, but her choice to go forward.  Now I realize that that's the whole crux of where we differ.  It is, after all, her choice, so they should leave her alone.  But I don't expect them to quit sideyeing her for it.  Not to speak on behalf of chick squads every or anywhere, but dammit man, it's sort of our thing.  lol.

Hell I knew the information was complete the minute she announced the engagement.

And deep down (well maybe, not so deep) they all did too.

So I'm side eyeing all the pearl clutching from the HouseWives peanut gallery.. Puleeze!

From day one the plan to OUT Lu and her "pathetic" ways when it comes to men and commitment was hatched the minute Lu had her first giddy tourettes moment over her engagement to Tom.

This I firmly believe.

• Love 10
(edited)

Call it what you want but being annoyed with a women for living her life and being happy about it is what I see oozing from their pores

Well, yeah, that's what you see. I and others on here see it a wee bit differently.

You don't have to want to live someone else's life in order to be annoyed that they GET to live it.

I really don't think that is what is annoying them about the issue as a whole.

Well, as they say...she does seem to be in love with the idea of Tom more than Tom himself.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Of course, Ramona just HAD to snot about "women of a certain age" keeping their homes cool.  You're not fooling anyone with that shade, hag.

Isn't Ramona a bit older than Dorinda too?

• Love 7

Call it what you want but being annoyed with a women for living her life and being happy about it is what I see oozing from their pores.

You don't have to want to live someone else's life in order to be annoyed that they GET to live it.

It' about not liking Lu.

Plain and simple.

Yes.  They may not want what she has but they're pissed that she's so happy. 

I don't like Carole much, but she & Dorinda are the only two in this bunch I can see being genuinely happy for someone's success. Well, the jury is still out on Tinsley.  Bethenny, Romona & Sonja are all petty jealous shrews.  

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, ryebread said:

A few years ago, when I saw the video that this gif originated from, I was deeply creeped out.  Seeing it again?  Just now?  Yup.  Still creepy.

Frederik and Bethenny.  A little of them goes a long way.  I can't imagine a show that features them together for a whole hour.  That's a whole lotta....hyper exuberance (?) right there. 

Oh man, where's it from??  Girl do I wanna know? Was this baby hurt or something?

6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Hell I knew the information was complete the minute she announced the engagement.

And deep down (well maybe, not so deep) they all did too.

So I'm side eyeing all the pearl clutching from the HouseWives peanut gallery.. Puleeze!

From day one the plan to OUT Lu and her "pathetic" ways when it comes to men and commitment was hatched the minute Lu had her first giddy tourettes moment over her engagement to Tom.

This I firmly believe.

I was defining information as him being a confirmed cheat.  I don't think any of us knew it then. 

But how did they out Lu?  The person they're outing is Tom.  If Lu looks silly for continuing to deal with him, that's not on them, it's on her.

I forgot to add that Dorinda would run screaming from my house.  Jersey winters?  Nah man that thing has to be at 74 to start with and if you don't like it you're free to kick rocks in the snow.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Wow Sonja!  No matter how loud you yell at Tinsley you're never going to be her age again.  And, Carol?  You always get along with the parents because you're about the same age.  You have a lot in common. And, Everyone!  Luanne doesn't care!  She just wants to be married!

At this point they really need to let it go.  Lu has been told he may be involved temporarily with other women (I say temporarily because Lu was the keeper, not these randoms) and seems just fine with whatever they have going.  She is not blind, deaf, or stupid so if he is indeed sampling other ladies she has to know and has chosen its ok as long as the other ladies stay out of her penthouse and out of the Regency.  By having this arrangement it also gives her the freedom to sample any old pirate she wants on vacay as long as it doesn't interfere with Tom.  I think they are both good with what they have and they are of an age where they really can have whatever arrangement floats their boat.  

She isn't my favorite HW but I have to hand it to her she doesn't get all hung up on things many people do.  I will say one thing about her that I like.  She can laugh at the most outrageous things Ramona tosses at her and you can see the amusement in her eyes.  I can see why Tom would choose her over Ramona or Sonja.  Ramona is a s*** who has a history of inflating the truth (don't get me started on her expressions!) and Sonja who while fun is not discreet and horrible with money as well as having some um interesting cleaning habits (While I am not a complete germaphobe, I think her place would skeeve me out).  I imagine neither Lu or Tom have Bethenny bucks (yet WAY more than I have!) and neither seems really extravagant so they may work as a couple.  Was it me or was Dorinda really slurry when talking to Lu about the rumors?

I am not sure about Tinsley yet.  I liked her hair straight and Sonja is giving her too hard of a time.  That's all I got so far on her.

I had to laugh at B taking such offense to being called cluttered.  I doubt I will watch her new show but I generally like her taste in decorating.  As I said before I really want her to do a show on downsizing/decluttering and interesting storage ideas.  

• Love 6

Oh Ramona, never change.  Don't forget to open the flute before you start a fire.  Good grief.

Sonja has clearly lost her damn mind and Tinsley is living with her solely for story.  Because why else?  

For a writer, Carole has a terrible grasp of the English language.  We all know about the kih-ens but now apparently people have worldwind romances.  Okay. So I guess it's no surprise that she has absolutely mis-repeated what Barbara said last week. 

We all know that Lu married Tom so this is a whole lotta nothing.  She's a grown ass woman (TM practically every Ho wife at some point) who has made it pretty clear she's marrying Tom and she doesn't want to hear the rumors so B and Company need to just let it be.  Or is that B?  Wish her well, hope for the best for her and stay out of it, unless she asks you for your opinion. 

Happy to see Fredrik. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Is that tent going to be Adam's new apartment?

Yep...and Tinsley's Teepee will be right next door. She'll have to open her own flap but I bet it will be warmer than the Crumbling Haversham residence

• Love 8

I don't have much to say about this episode, I was burned out from watching the three hour Survivor finale. So zoned out a little but watching this.

Just looked like more of the same. The women snarking on Tom which Lu is not going to listen to, and didn't for sure because she married him. 

Sonja is the roommate from hell. Tinsley, borrow money from your wealthy mother and find your own place to live! 

• Love 4
Just now, Straycat80 said:

Tinsley, borrow money from your wealthy mother and find your own place to live! 

Tinsley doesn't need to borrow any money. She's very wealthy on her own. Must be from her divorce. 

• Love 3

I don't think everyone criticizing Lu is jealous of her- but I sure as hell think Sonja and Ramona are. I think Beth and Carole just keep it flowing for the sake of show. Still I can't get over just how sloppy Carole is in the retelling of stories.

I have to wonder though- of not jealous of the relationship, are some of these other broads jealous of the screen time and flinging the rumors against the wall to get attention?

And did anyone else notice Ramona saying Trump couldn't have done anything he was accused of because he is a germophobe? And seeing the flashback of Avery form last week made me realize either Avery struck out in the genetic lottery or Ramona had a lot of work done. Could be both.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

The problem is that in reality, I do think these chicks would be talking about it. At my work, we would be talking about it endlessly, pondering the whys, analyzing the situation from every possible angle. Shit, we do it just when someone is consistently late for work. Why are they always late for work? Have anything to do with their lousy husband? The fact that they drink too much? Problems because of the bill collectors that keep calling to ask to talk to them? Doesn't mean there is nothing going on in our own lives, it's just human nature, even if it is not very nice. That is just what many people do at work, or even with casual friends about rumors that are going around. They are just not being filmed while doing it. 

I would quit this job. 

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Bravo airing this can actually be considered community service. Please, let folks know that the water in Sonja's home is brown, that there's dog shit everywhere in said home, and that Sonja licks her finger before sticking it into food that others will most likely partake. Bravo needs to let folks know that in the event of a potluck, Sonja's contribution is to be avoided at all cost.

It was pretty neat seeing Carole with Adam's parents. They like her, they really like her! I remember all the kvetching in the beginning about how Adam's parents would be appalled or sad or what have you that he was dating a woman Carole's age. Seems like not.

I liked the scene with them shopping at North Face. What I did not like was Carole's TH shot of how her boyfriends parents always like her. Not because of what she was saying about them...but it took me back to the time Carole was with her own mom and it was revealed that Carole's mom still has not met Adam. Not nice for your mom Carole

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

How funny is it that the "promiscuous" chicken has chicken legs

You beat me to it! Spot on!

38 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

How do you calibrate that exactly? She looks pretty happy to me. When she was on the boat in the Hamptons with the wind in her hair talking about her upcoming marriage she looked pretty happy.

• Love 11

I fell asleep after 5 minutes and had to catch it a couple of hours later. LOL This rehashing of second hand Tom gossip is boring and none of them are doing it because they care about Luann getting hurt. Sonja/Ramona are doing it because they are furious Luann is getting married, they both believe it should be them. Bethenny/ Carole keep doing it because they dislike/hate Luann with a passion and want to humiliate her on camera. Heck, these women (Carole) can't even retell the gossip they just heard correctly when they repeat it a few days later.

Sonja should be kissing Tinsley's behind, without Tinsley living with her, I doubt she would be a full HW this season! The woman has no manners, licking her fingers and then sticking them into food everyone will be eating was gross!

• Love 11
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

Maybe it's just me, but every time Dorinda talks about NICE!, I think of Karen's Pollyanna speech from Knots Landing. Except, Dorinda would be the drunken potty-mouthed version.

I remember that speech!  Dang they need to bring back the old Knots Landing!  I need some Sumner Group!

Dorinda's decorations are sweet but man I would hate to have to put all that stuff away.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AnnaL said:

Once a cheater, always a cheater ......

By all accounts Tom hasn't changed one bit, maybe he wanted to get it all out of his system before he got married and once he marries he will be the perfect husband, I doubt it. For some reason he acts like he is a gift send from heaven to mature women so who knows. 

Dorinda's TH about how Luann has Tom on a short leash and how logistically it just didn't add up had me LOL but then I thought about it and realized it was sad, so sad that you have to be with him at all times just to stop him from cheating. Whoever said that if you marry for money you earn every penny was spot on. 

I was bothered by that scene at the park, Tom had a really condescending attitude with Luann, he even whistled at her at the end as if he was calling the dog. Douche.....

Dorinda keeps changing her tune. I thought she said previously she knew Tom for years. She then says she spoke to him and told him she knew the perfect person for him (Luann). Now in this scene with Luann, she doesn't really know Tom that well.

What is it with leashes? Tom/Luanne walk - he told Luann as a gift to her he was going to give her 1 more foot of chain so that she could move more freely about in the penthouse.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

A few years ago, when I saw the video that this gif originated from, I was deeply creeped out.  Seeing it again?  Just now?  Yup.  Still creepy.

Frederik and Bethenny.  A little of them goes a long way.  I can't imagine a show that features them together for a whole hour.  That's a whole lotta....hyper exuberance (?) right there. 

Glad I wasn't the only one!

• Love 2

I thought Dorinda joking about reading John's "text's" was kidding on the square. I bet she does go through his phone and mail when she visits his office. She totally gives off that control freak vibe. What is amusing is how she is always knocking John but then implies that she has to to check out that he is not straying. Which is it? Does she barely tolerate him and he has to be on the straight and narrow.........or is she jealous and has to make sure that nobody poaches on her territory?

It just doesn't add up.

• Love 5
(edited)

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. And possibly unlike Luann, she isn't into the whole open relationship thing.

"Yeah, he's a schlub with boundary issues, but he's MY schlub with boundary issues."

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 7

Ya think?

I think she was serious. She was just too quick with the list of things she does to keep John under her thumb.

As I have said before he can do a lot better than this drunken slob. Run away little Johnny run away.

• Love 2

I think Lu said it all last night when she said she didn't understand what everyone had such a problem, she and Tom are two LIKE MINDED people. She knows exactly what she's in for, I have to wonder if he knows what HE is in for?! Cuts both ways, I think he's way more into her than the other way around. A bachelor like that isn't easy to tie down, which is why Ramona and Sonja are seething, IMO! 

• Love 9

What do ya'll think Sonja's nuttiness over Tinsley is really about?   When Luann stayed with her and then again when she was showing Beth around, that place looked big enough that 2 people wouldn't get in each other's way.  I mean weren't they like 8 or 9 years apart when she let her move in?  What is there to resent the girl for, exactly?   In one of her THs she's wearing this glittery sparkly bronzey top (dress?) and her boobs aren't hanging out and her makeup is perfect.  When she doesn't overdo it, she can be striking. 

37 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Glad I wasn't the only one!

Are ya'll gonna make ask The Google?  I don't even know how to phrase the question lol.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

We start with Bethanny explaining how her outrageously expensive homes give her peace, like she's giving up a something she loves to charity. She's making bank off that beloved treasure. Bitch.

I like Ramona's directness. It doesn't make tons of sense to have a platter full of glasses-- unless Carole is always leaving them places and/or she wants to make the point that she reads.

Tom has girl legs. In their walk, it didn't seem that Luanne was as into him as he was into her. 

Sonja hates Tinsely. 

Their walk together was weird, weird, weird.  This was the first time we got to see more of Tom speaking & the dynamic/chemistry between these 2 -- which looked so forced to me, I was cringing.  I thought Tom was kinda girly.  Sorry, but I don't get his appeal at all.  I mean, for all these older ladies he's banging, can someone clue me in on what they see in him?  Sure, he's got some dough, but he's certainly not mega rich.  His looks are meh.  He doesn't seem to have much charm or sense of humor.  Even his legs were unimpressive.  Seems bland & dull to me.  And a serial cheater to boot?  Uh, this ain't a catch, Lu.  I guess maybe there's not much to choose from for these women?  

Still, in the end, it's her choice to marry him & be with him.  I couldn't believe they were spending the bulk of this ep talking about Tom & his cheater ways & whether Lu should or will marry him.  It's her business.  Why would anyone else care?  And this is the same shit they were doing last season, which I had the same reaction to.  I'm just baffled they're still on this jag.  Good grief, they need to move on & get off this dull topic.  If this is the direction for the season, I'm probably gonna check out.

Man, the storyline of Tinz living with Sonja is really getting stale.  And it's unbelievable as hell.  We know she's a very rich woman & can casually check into a hotel while she's looking for a place to buy.  Bad scripting here, producers.  End it.

Carole sure is a bundle of contradictions & delusions, ain't she?  She tries to sound self-aware in her TH's & yet she was acting like Adam's parents were 30 years older than her -- instead of the probable 5 to 10 years.  And hey, I'm all for a good Trump dig or joke.  And yet when Moaner was talking to Carole about Tom's aggressive move on some lady, I didn't care for Carole saying it was like a Trump move.  Maybe cuz I want a break from thinking about him when I'm watching this show.  Cut this shit out, Carole.  Interesting how Moaner sorta defended Trump.  OK, Moaner we now know where your head is at regarding Trump, eh?

I love house porn.  I really do.  But MDL bores the absolutely fuck outta me & all the bullshit going on turns me off.  If Bethenny wants her own MDL & she now wants to be a Manhattan flipper (I didn't know there could possibly be a such a thing in Manhattan), then fine, wonderful & dandy for her.  But please don't turn this show into that shit.  Moving in general is a horrible prospect.  Moving around in Manhattan is particularly dreadful.  I don't mean the actual moving itself -- altho that surely is annoying.  I mean, finding another place, dealing with brokers & landlords/owners.  It's horrible.  Bethenny's making it sound like a picnic & a day at the beach.  It isn't & as usual, she's full of crap.  Why she'd wanna sell her place, after she went thru all the trouble of finding it & renovating it, is beyond me.  Other than as a basis for this new show of hers, that is.  Seems completely nuts to me.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

What do ya'll think Sonja's nuttiness over Tinsley is really about?   When Luann stayed with her and then again when she was showing Beth around, that place looked big enough that 2 people wouldn't get in each other's way.  I mean weren't they like 8 or 9 years apart when she let her move in?  What is there to resent the girl for, exactly?   In one of her THs she's wearing this glittery sparkly bronzey top (dress?) and her boobs aren't hanging out and her makeup is perfect.  When she doesn't overdo it, she can be striking. 

Are ya'll gonna make ask The Google?  I don't even know how to phrase the question lol.

I am pretty sure that was a pic of a very small child feeling the 'spirit' of god or whatever you call it.  You know how in some churches there is music and people are waving their hands?   Be kind, I am an atheist and only reporting what I have seen in Christian concerts/lectures in my venue so my terms may be off.

• Love 5

A marriage of convenience has to be convenient for both parties. But it doesn't have to be convenient for anyone else.

Ramona and Sonja are seething because they thought if he was going to choose anyone then he should have chosen them.

Bethenny is seething because she hates Luann and always has since the first episode. So anything that make her happy makes her livid.

Carole is just a sucker fish stuck on Bethenny's ass so what she thinks doesn't matter because she has to wait for Bethenny to tell her what to think.

Dorinda is happy for Luann. But then she is high and/or drunk so she is just happy about everything until you cross her. Then she wants to rip your face off.

Luann and Tom don't care. They are just cashing the checks. They got married. Everything these harpies spout means squat.

• Love 12
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am pretty sure that was a pic of a very small child feeling the 'spirit' of god or whatever you call it.  You know how in some churches there is music and people are waving their hands?   Be kind, I am an atheist and only reporting what I have seen in Christian concerts/lectures in my venue so my terms may be off.

Oh no, that's exactly what it looks like (and why it's funny).  Wait a minute, is the image of a baby catching the holy ghost as funny mean I'm an asshole?  I mean I am kind of an asshole but for other reasons lol.  I thought you guys were saying there was more to this video and the more was disturbing.   

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
verbs are a thing
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh man, where's it from??  Girl do I wanna know? Was this baby hurt or something?

I was defining information as him being a confirmed cheat.  I don't think any of us knew it then. 

But how did they out Lu?  The person they're outing is Tom.  If Lu looks silly for continuing to deal with him, that's not on them, it's on her.

I forgot to add that Dorinda would run screaming from my house.  Jersey winters?  Nah man that thing has to be at 74 to start with and if you don't like it you're free to kick rocks in the snow.

Has he cheated on Lu if behind the scenes Lu isn't worried about that particular detail about Tom? I'm not talking about what she's presenting to the ladies. That's a whole different issue. I think the key of it all is that Lu doesn't feel like answering to anyone publicly about what her and Tom are truly about so she presents a cleaner version.

You just said it. They are making sure to OUT what sort of woman would continue with a man that has been narrated as the worse dude on the planet. A "silly" woman. I don't think it takes a silly woman to move forward with a frog warts and all. If a woman believes they certain details truly aren't a big deal then who am I to convince that it should matter. I say that from experience. There are a lot of traditional aspects of a relationship that I could honestly care less about. I'm not a sad person or insecure or think little of myself. I just truly don't care one way or another. Can't stand it when friends try to convince me there must be something more to it. Nope, life's just too fucking short and I've realized a lot of things are a waste of energy now that I'm starting my older years. I'm also a shades of grey type of person as well so I'm all about the BIGGER picture so there's that. <shrug>

If Lu and Tom have their own ideas about what their relationship is to each other how is it on Lu that the women want to present it publicly as her being silly? THEIR the one's assigning that label and I really don't think that IS the case. I don't think a woman is silly if certain things about the relationship are NOT deal breakers. (Within reason, like getting beat? Now that's a different story) Considering the kind of woman Lu is and how she has been on the dating scene I'm inclined to believe she's got her bases covered and not being duped about anything. Her biggest problem is manuevering around these woman trying their damnedest to make it seem as if Lu has accepted something unconsciously.

Not for one second do I believe that Lu hasn't turned everything in her own mind about what it would entail to be involved with Tom. She just doesn't want to have to say it out loud that she's the type of woman that "gasp" is ok with certain things and she shouldn't have to. We are seeing some conformed reactions from Lu because she's being forced to have some sort of "reaction" and she's still trying to keep certain details about her and Tom to herself (which she has the right to do) so she has no choice but to kinda sorta have to present a more traditional spin on what kind of relationship she'll accept. I think Lu answers the way "she's supposed to" in order to get these chicks off her back but then it only gives them more reason to keep butting in. Give them and angle and they will NOT relent.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh no, that's exactly what it looks like (and why it's funny).  Wait a minute, is the image of a baby catching the holy ghost as funny mean I'm an asshole?  I mean I am kind of an asshole but for other reasons lol.  I thought you guys were saying there was more to this video and the more was disturbing.   

I thought it was funny but its also kinda weird to me cause the baby was so young.  I don't think that makes you an asshole :)!

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

At this point they really need to let it go.  Lu has been told he may be involved temporarily with other women (I say temporarily because Lu was the keeper, not these randoms) and seems just fine with whatever they have going.  She is not blind, deaf, or stupid so if he is indeed sampling other ladies she has to know and has chosen its ok as long as the other ladies stay out of her penthouse and out of the Regency.  By having this arrangement it also gives her the freedom to sample any old pirate she wants on vacay as long as it doesn't interfere with Tom.  I think they are both good with what they have and they are of an age where they really can have whatever arrangement floats their boat.  

She isn't my favorite HW but I have to hand it to her she doesn't get all hung up on things many people do.  I will say one thing about her that I like.  She can laugh at the most outrageous things Ramona tosses at her and you can see the amusement in her eyes.  I can see why Tom would choose her over Ramona or Sonja.  Ramona is a s*** who has a history of inflating the truth (don't get me started on her expressions!) and Sonja who while fun is not discreet and horrible with money as well as having some um interesting cleaning habits (While I am not a complete germaphobe, I think her place would skeeve me out).  I imagine neither Lu or Tom have Bethenny bucks (yet WAY more than I have!) and neither seems really extravagant so they may work as a couple.  Was it me or was Dorinda really slurry when talking to Lu about the rumors?

I am not sure about Tinsley yet.  I liked her hair straight and Sonja is giving her too hard of a time.  That's all I got so far on her.

I had to laugh at B taking such offense to being called cluttered.  I doubt I will watch her new show but I generally like her taste in decorating.  As I said before I really want her to do a show on downsizing/decluttering and interesting storage ideas.  

THIS!

And this is what I think really drives that relationship. That ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Some of the more traditional relationships have more hang ups than Ernestine (tm Laugh In) but ya know infidelity isn't one of them and that's all that matters... <eyeroll> Whatev....

Lu and Tom seem to have something mapped out so I ain't mad at them. Don't need to be.

Edited by Yours Truly
Laugh In not SNL thanks @mindthinkr
  • Love 5
(edited)

I was bothered by that scene at the park, Tom had a really condescending attitude with Luann, he even whistled at her at the end as if he was calling the dog. Douche.....

I didn't like how he spoke to her either.  "You're making me fat!  These are runner's legs!"  The bubble above his head said: "How am I supposed to pick up women at the Regency?"

The only textes John is getting is "I dropped a meatball on my Chanel!  What should I do?" Dorinda has nothing to worry about.  

Edited by Teddybear
added more
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I would quit this job. 

LOL!

BTW, that wasn't my post don't know why I'm showing up as the poster tho...??

1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

You beat me to it! Spot on!

How do you calibrate that exactly? She looks pretty happy to me. When she was on the boat in the Hamptons with the wind in her hair talking about her upcoming marriage she looked pretty happy.

I was wondering the same thing... LOL

47 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

I think Lu said it all last night when she said she didn't understand what everyone had such a problem, she and Tom are two LIKE MINDED people. She knows exactly what she's in for, I have to wonder if he knows what HE is in for?! Cuts both ways, I think he's way more into her than the other way around. A bachelor like that isn't easy to tie down, which is why Ramona and Sonja are seething, IMO! 

And this is what I think is the thorn in their side.

Just sayin'

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Those fur vests are nothing new, Cher wore one on an album cover in the late 60's when she was Cher of Sonny and Cher and if I were a clever girl I would have found a photo of it and posted it but that knowledge escapes me.

here you go, baltimore betty ; )

sonny an dcher.jpg

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Has he cheated on Lu if behind the scenes Lu isn't worried about that particular detail about Tom? I'm not talking about what she's presenting to the ladies. That's a whole different issue. I think the key of it all is that Lu doesn't feel like answering to anyone publicly about what her and Tom are truly about so she presents a cleaner version.

You just said it. They are making sure to OUT what sort of woman would continue with a man that has been narrated as the worse dude on the planet. A "silly" woman. I don't think it takes a silly woman to move forward with a frog warts and all. If a woman believes they certain details truly aren't a big deal then who am I to convince that it should matter. I say that from experience. There are a lot of traditional aspects of a relationship that I could honestly care less about. I'm not a sad person or insecure or think little of myself. I just truly don't care one way or another. I'm also a shades of grey type of person as well so I'm all about the BIGGER picture so there's that. <shrug>

If Lu and Tom have their own ideas about what their relationship is to each other how is it on Lu that the women want to present it publicly as her being silly? THEIR the one's assigning that label and I really don't think that IS the case. I don't think a woman is silly if certain things about the relationship are NOT deal breakers. (Within reason, like getting beat? Now that's a different story) Considering the kind of woman Lu is and how she has been on the dating scene I'm inclined to believe she's got her bases covered and not being duped about anything. Her biggest problem is manuevering around these woman trying their damnedest to make it seem as if Lu has accepted something unconsciously.

Not for one second do I believe that Lu hasn't turned everything in her own mind about what it would entail to be involved with Tom. She just doesn't want to have to say it out loud that she's the type of woman that "gasp" is ok with certain things and she shouldn't have to. We are seeing some conformed reactions from Lu because she's being forced to have some sort of "reaction" and she's still trying to keep certain details about her and Tom to herself (which she has the right to do) so she has no choice but to kinda sorta have to present a more traditional spin on what kind of relationship she'll accept. I think Lu answers the way "she's supposed to" in order to get these chicks off her back but then it only gives them more reason to keep butting in. Give them and angle and they will NOT relent.

Yes.  Lol.   Trees make a sound when they fall in the forest even when no human ear hears it.

No ma'am, I said they outed him.  Whether or not her subsequent behavior in reaction to it makes her look silly is her doing.   I don't know if they've assigned her a label, silly's the word I like.  Happiness is relative for sure.  And again, if she likes, then I love it.  It's just that she struggled for a long time to make it look like she actually liked it.    She calls it a decision to be happy, they call it a willingness to be humiliated.   You know, tomato, tomahto.     I just wish she'd stop saying stuff like I just want my friends to be happy for me.    Because a.  they're not her friends, they're here coworkers and b.  in order to do that they'd have to pretend to unknow what they know.  So I'm gonna need Luann to start giving no fucks for real.

eta:  did ya'll see this woman, 71 looking 30 at the Billboard Awards???  #melaninisthetruth

• Love 8

Am I the only one that saw Fredrik pick up Bethenny's shoe, sniff it then KISS IT?  WTF dude?  get a room, a real one not B's closet. 

Tinsley looks to me like she has a drinking problem.  She drinks at all the functions which may explain some of her wacky behavior with the 20 something guy she hooked up with at the bar. She asked for a drink at her mom's hotel room, her mom appeared to be taken aback, then she put vodka in her OJ at Dorinda's at breakfast.  That shit's gonna catch up with her.

Sonya and Tinsley.

• Love 3

If Lu looks silly for continuing to deal with him, that's not on them, it's on her.

Especially if he gets busted again in public.

The bubble above his head said: "How am I supposed to pick up women at the Regency?"

Chicks dig chicken legs.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Yes.  Lol.   Trees make a sound when they fall in the forest even when no human ear hears it.

No ma'am, I said they outed him.  Whether or not her subsequent behavior in reaction to it makes her look silly is her doing.   I don't know if they've assigned her a label, silly's the word I like.  Happiness is relative for sure.  And again, if she likes, then I love it.  It's just that she struggled for a long time to make it look like she actually liked it.    She calls it a decision to be happy, they call it a willingness to be humiliated.   You know, tomato, tomahto.     I just wish she'd stop saying stuff like I just want my friends to be happy for me.    Because a.  they're not her friends, they're here coworkers and b.  in order to do that they'd have to pretend to unknow what they know.  So I'm gonna need Luann to start giving no fucks for real.

That's the thing it's only humiliating because other people want to force what they believe it should be onto their relationship. I don't think she's humiliating herself for staying with Tom.  Or that their situation is humiliating on it's own. It's  turned into some huge narrative based on a public misstep and the need to hang Lu out to dry. That and the fact that there's a reality show that needs storylines.

I dunno I just can't ever be on the side of ill will for no reason.

Bugs me.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

My Teretzy Turtle walking into Dorinda's house: It's a little cold in here, I feel like I'm at Sonja's house.

oh shade - 2 for 1 today

tenor.gif

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I don't know what is the reasoning for all of them being concerned.  I suspect the number one reason is that it makes good tv.  If I was part of this crew it would be how inauthentic Lu is about it.  Her joy is so fake.  She really let those acting gigs go to her head.  Lu, you can't act.  We know you're lying.  We just don't want you to do this for the show because it will hurt you in real life.

I think she looks happy. If indeed she is sad, she is a very good actress. I mean you want to see sad, look at Carole.lol!

Those fur vests are nothing new

Not new, but back in style. They were all over the place last winter.

Edited by F. M.
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh man, I'm about to trade my husband in for you!

2 hours ago, robroy said:

I don't think everyone criticizing Lu is jealous of her- but I sure as hell think Sonja and Ramona are. I think Beth and Carole just keep it flowing for the sake of show. Still I can't get over just how sloppy Carole is in the retelling of stories.

I have to wonder though- of not jealous of the relationship, are some of these other broads jealous of the screen time and flinging the rumors against the wall to get attention?

It might be a matter of - Lu's marriage is THE storyline this year. So they all want to involve themselves in it somehow. 

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Dorinda keeps changing her tune. I thought she said previously she knew Tom for years. She then says she spoke to him and told him she knew the perfect person for him (Luann). Now in this scene with Luann, she doesn't really know Tom that well.

I noticed that as well. Previously she seemed to take a lot of credit for matchmaking, and how well she knew Tom. Now that all this crap is coming out, she may be trying to distance herself. 

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

What is it with leashes? Tom/Luanne walk - he told Luann as a gift to her he was going to give her 1 more foot of chain so that she could move more freely about in the penthouse.

I forgot about that comment. What was UP with that??? It almost sounded like he was making a joke about other people implying that he keeps her barefoot in the kitchen or something. But we haven't seen/heard anything like that. And then he quasi-complained about all her cooking causing him to gain weight? It, honestly, seemed like they had rehearsed a script beforehand, but he flubbed it. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Well, last season she had Luann stay with her, someone she never considered on her lever or as competition and Luann ended up getting engaged to someone Sonja wanted. Now, she has someone younger, prettier and wealthier staying with her so she is terrified it shows her reality, how sad/pathetic she looks in real life! LOL

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Some of the more traditional relationships have more hang ups than Ernestine (tm SNL) b

I thought that Ernestine was a TM of Lily Tomlin that she began on Laugh In. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Darn autocorrect
  • Love 5
(edited)

This episode was a bit of a game changer for me. Tom wasn't presented as being just a womanizer. He was presented as being a sexually aggressive dick. To me that puts his behavior in a whole new light. Guys like that are scary. Years ago the boyfriend of a friend cornered me and out of the blue tried to aggressively kiss me. When I told my friend she chose not to believe me. I think Lu is suffering from the same level of denial. Even if she loves being married for the sake of being married, and is accepting of Tom having affairs - I find it hard to believe that she would find sexually aggressive behavior acceptable. I can see how the other women would want to warn her - not that I think that they'll be able to break through her denial.

But we saw Carole completely misrepresent what Barbara told her so why should we believe any of these broads in their tales of Tom gone rogue. As others have said, they hate that Lu is happy and they're all miserable in their situation-ships (because none of them are actually in relationships except maybe Carole).

LOL!

BTW, that wasn't my post don't know why I'm showing up as the poster tho...??

LOL it took me a minute to figure that one out. Wonder how that happened

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 8